This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
    All you have to draw on for quality of opposition is the conferations cup which is just a bunch of glorified friendlies and not at all important on any level.
    I'm beginning to think that the confederations cup is important on one level - the teams that played in it have recent experience of a prolonged stay in South Africa.

I've never been to SA, or Africa for that matter, but I would imagine that is rather different to Europe, where the majority of players are based.

Teams that played in the Confed Cup will have experienced the climate, the altitude even the vuvuzelas and I feel will be better positioned to adjust to it this time round.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
      barcode.

I hate the place but we live ptetty close. It wasnt brave it was stupidity. Iv never wanted to hurt someone so bad in my life. It kind of scares me what is inside me
      isn't that place for like 16 year olds Hope your alright anyway -

really want to make joke about gf being 16 - but not the right moment

Comment

Bubbleking I commend you for standing up for your Gf and friend.
        Never feel bad for standing up for what you think is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post

yup completely. I didnt even want to go. its just a place for a late drink. Im grand. gfriend is a bit shook up

Comment

I think you're a fucking hero bubbleking.

Did you get the police or anything, could you identify them?

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post

Did you get the police or anything, could you identify them?
              nah just wanted to get away from the place. dont want to meet them again tbh

Comment

Great to hear scum getting what they deserve. There is such a big difference in the night club crowds at the weekend compared to mid week.

Comment

barcode.

I hate the place but we live ptetty close. It wasnt brave it was stupidity. Iv never wanted to hurt someone so bad in my life. It kind of scares me what is inside me
                  Your dead right bs aside what if he stook someone with the knife youd be dying of guilt for not acting
                  in these situations where there was a clear danger you must act and act quick and overwhelm the scumbag by whatever means possible

im not saying peopel should try and stop bank robberies where firearms are present or anything but your a strong lad so a good sucker punch did the job and was correct thng to do

when i was 21 and living away a guy i lived with tried to smash a pint glass over me in a pub i buried him in the eye with a headbutt and lept on him like a cat and punched him unconscious no regrets

that rage you had was probably half anger half fear for your friends and girlfriend and you acted correctly imo other bleeding hearts will tell you dont get involved but there assholes started it and fair play to you for finishing it.
                  Last edited by Guest; 13-06-10, 03:03.

Comment

Bubbleking get over the feelin bad thing ffs, fair play to you imo. Scumbags glassed someone and pulled a knife, you did the right thing. Hero-ish

Comment

Seems like as good a time as any to listen to the soulful sound of M-People.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie78VtBtwBI[/ame]

CHD, I just remembered about my lotto ticket, time to check.
                      Due to your interest, if I've won 250k+ tonight, I'll buy you into the Main Event/champagne room/hotelmotelholidayinn.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Fair play bubbleking. Mightn't be the wisest to attack a guy with a knife, but if you need to you need to. Certainly don't feel bad.

A friend of mine (rugby player, quite tough) had an extremely similar encounter in a club in Waterford last year. He got bottled (really luckily not badly, but it was intended to be bad) and before anything more could happen he'd got the scumbag on the ground and took a few skelps of him. Bouncers pulled him off, took them both to a backroom, and asked my friend what he'd like done about the scumbag, cos it was obv not my friends fault. My friend said that he didn't want the hassle of court, so he just told the bouncers to do their worst with him! He said the bouncers had big smiles on them when he was leaving .
                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                          Seems like as good a time as any to listen to the soulful sound of M-People.

M-People's no 9 hit single from 1995 taken from their multi-platinum album Bizarre Fruit.

CHD, I just remembered about my lotto ticket, time to check.
                          Due to your interest, if I've won 250k+ tonight, I'll buy you into the Main Event/champagne room/hotelmotelholidayinn.

Comment

Sorry, this isn’t a winning selection for the current draw, or the previous 2 draws.

Remember, every time you play you contribute to Good Causes.

poo.
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Godammit CHD, I really thought he had the Golden Ticket there.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                Godammit CHD, I really thought he had the Golden Ticket there.
                                I believe in him, one day he will.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                    Since I was a kid the world cup has always been a huge thing for me and England were always in with a shout, so it was always exciting.
                                    Any chance we can just ban Ace from using every smiley??? Don't even get me started on when he uses this guy

Bubbleking, get him!

Comment

very tired and emotional coming in at 3am.

Girlfriend fires up a few tourneys because she needs to take her mind off the whole thing (on my dead account I use it for transfers to do with the world cup etc etc)

anyway she falls asleep so i bail in like a drunken loon. Just took a couple of micro tourneys down for $480. BOOM

ok back to my self imposed ban............again

Comment

eh just to add I need to record myself playing when drunk because Im possibly the best player in the world.

Ok sleep times

Comment

Note to self

Never lynch Bubbleking again

Comment

Exactly why I try to NEVER go out in Dublin,if I do have to for a freinds birthday or we I have one drink maybe two but never get drunk. Only so much watching peoples heads being danced on you can take. Really really hate it.

Bubbleking if as described sounds like you acted in the intrests of your pals after some serious provocation,bravely at that. I wouldnt beat yourself up over it all all.

Comment

Come on now, does anyone think this is a bit far fetched, I mean BubbleKing with a girlfriend, have you seen the guy, he's like the Rooney broter No one talks about.

Kidding dude, well played

Comment

i think you were right bubbleking

when iwas in my twenties i had a few incidents like that my self it would normally involve sdanding up for one of the guys but there was never any knifes involved. i was built like a block then and was naturally very strong i was never the fighting type but was well capable off finishing them if they started. there was a lot of pricks around with something to prove then, and i would imagine there is even more around now.

fwiw the guy pulling the knife was the guy taking the cheap shot not you. i remember in a night club one night this guy was arguing with my mate he then moved away. a few minutes later he came around behind me and my mate and hit my mate in the back of the head as hard as he could, and was hitting him several more times when i jumped in and hit him a few fair clatters before he fell to the floor where i landed on top of him and i hit him a few more times before the bouncers hauled me off they brought me outside and said i was a very lucky guy as he was a munster champion boxer they then brought him outside and put him in the back of his mates car who was after agreeing to bring him home. lol i remember commenting to the bouncers that he didn't look like much of a boxer to me as he was in some mess going away. a few of the lads sid that i took a cheap shot as the guy wasn't expecting it but i allways said that he took the first cheap shot. but you gotta stand up for your mates and especially the GF.

you shouldn't feel bad about it you didn't start it you were spot on in your reaction. well done

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                  Come on now, does anyone think this is a bit far fetched, I mean BubbleKing with a girlfriend, have you seen the guy, he's like the Rooney broter No one talks about.

Kidding dude, well played
                                                  yeah was wondering about that myself

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Dont worry Irish poker, Your best fish is still alive and well and enjoying Saudai.... i know i was going to keep updating here but i moved hotels and the internet connection in my room is broken and has been since i arrived ther, lol 4 star hotels

Whats happening here trip report to follow!

Comment

iam going out to cut the lawn

fucking thing takes nearly 2 hours, but it looks like there is not after been much growth since the last time i cut it so i might get it done faster

back in time for the first match

Comment

I think I am going to give this sleeping at night thing a go.

Comment

Let's trip report the sugar (no swearing allowed) out of this man!

Ok so i arrived Tue night/Wed morning about 2am in ariport 12pm Irish time. i was really prepared for like a cavity search and all when i got to the airport but i actually went through it quicker than i would in Ireland, lifted my bags and everything goes through x-ray machines there just threw up my bag, no metal detector needed said the Army officer and out straight away, I went through the arrivels enterence and was greeted by like 60 taxi drivers looking for business, the company had arranged everything for me and this guy came up with my name on a sheet and said "salmon alaku" and asked if i was Philip i was and off we went to the car, the airport is like 30 mins outside Riyadh but the roads are massive 4 lanes each side and we flew in, the one thing i didnt notice was the heat at this stage even the carparks have built in air con... one thing i did notice was the amount of cars and people moving at 2am on a midweek night/morning (note the week starts on Saturday and finishes on Friday; also when they say weekend they mean Thursday and Friday)

When i got to the hotel and got out of the car it was like walking into a really warm oven and it took me by surprise i felt a little light headed (lol im a girl) but after a few sec everything was grand i was staying in the hoilday Inn Exective suites which was in a another building just beside the main hotel and to say there was no expense spared would be a understatement, room was great food was great price for two nights 500EURO , company paid so ship ship!

notes to people, i brought a vodafone prepay phone with me although i got serivce messages i couldn't use it!

urrgh battery dyin on laptop part 2 to follow!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Part 2

.... By the time i got into hotel, shower and and got settled in the room it was like 4am, when i was going to bed i heard the call for morning prayer! i hadn't heard since i was in Turkey and have to say it's quite a lovely sound as it comes over the entire city and traffic! work up at like 7am got showered and dressed in shirt and tie and went for breakfast, really lovely food, no bacon but they make Beef Sausages and bacon bits for breakfast, but anything you want is there... last mouthfull of scrambled egg went stragiht down my brand new shirt and tie! lol i should learn hot to eat!, went up changed and rang the guy who would be interviewing me for his department, Mr. Thermer Almunajem, he meet me at like 9.30am and when i wen tout side it was like something i couldnt describe and he just turned to me and said it's not even hot now! the hole day was just spent showing me around and meeting people which was really interesting seeing how they done it hear, i est about 80% of what they do here is far more advanced that Irish Logistic's/supply chain management.

Something that you will hear is that in business meetings, job interviews overhere it is not uncomon for people to take phone calls, just get up and leave, have other people come into the office and do some sort of dealings with the person your meeting with, if any of you come here just keep it in mind that they dont consider this rude!

I left about 2pm and was drove back to the hotel, got online posted something here and spoke with family and then decided that i didnt come to Ryiadh to sit in a hotel so went walking! to say i walked miles in the heat would be a understatement when i told people about this they were like, waht there was not taxi's???

Have to go in a few min's but want type the following out happen at breakfast yesterday morning

im sitting there minding my own business and this American suit come's over and is like
                                                              American Suit: Can i join you here
                                                              Irish Philip: yeah sure no bother sir
                                                              he sits down and starts to shovle food into his mouth, and i really mean shovling food, of course i feel uncomfortable so try to start up a conversation
                                                              Irish Philip: So have you been to Ryiadh before?
                                                              Long pause as the American suit is trying to sallow a cow
                                                              American Suit: Thats Coffee talk son
                                                              ... as he shovle's more food into his mouth
                                                              like 4 min later after he finishes eating his second cow which sounded like he was eating behind a mic goes like this...
                                                              American Suit: So what were you saying?
                                                              Irish Philip: Is this your first time in Ryiadh?
                                                              American Suit: No i've been here
                                                              before in his deep american accent!
                                                              Irish Philip: O your American ,American suit: Yes sir i am from the great state of Wasington DC and im in Construction, you? Irish Philip: im from Ireland and here for a job inter.. American suit cuts across: u married kid,Irish Philip In Sept American Suit: then your single, what out for these guys dont trust them!

Moral of the story: first time in the middle east and i run into an american who is freaking carbon copy of the stereo type American

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                gl with everything!

Pal of mine in UK is heading over to Saudi next month. He said after three years tax-free pay, plus very little to spend the money on, he'll be able to buy a house with no mortgage when he gets back Although his gf will have to be accompanied by her mother if she wants to visit!
                                                                Thanks HH
                                                                Wow, i'd get him to check that out as its a closed country you need a reason to enter and visiting someone doesnt count! if i take this job my Gf wont be allowed to come over to visit until were married and if they see us walking in the street together and the religon police will stop and look for proof of marriage! same way if we want to stay in a hotel or anything like that, this is a country of men, but to be fair there's alot of man love down here, not in ghay way or anything but it's common to see friends holding hands walking down the street together!

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                  Really would you care to say why you rate them better?
                                                                  Why they are better than algeria. really does this need explaining? Lets go with thing such as USA have been at last 5 world cups this is algerias first since 1986. Algeria have had a highest ever ranking in the world of 26. USA currently 14.

Algeria have last one the african cup of nations in like 1990 if i remember correct so they dont even compete in africa to a high level. This was a team soundly beaten by Ireland and serbia in warm up games. Their world cup squad is made up of players based in lower divisions around europe. Their star player hassen yebda is no where close to getting into benficas side and was loaned to pompey. This is a country who has never beaten England, Brazil, France, Argentina or spain.

But hey if you want to listen to the rte panel and lump every team except for the big 8 together go ahead.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Fair balls BubbleKing.

Really cant see why you'd even feel remotely bad about it. Pulling a knife in any situation is such a low life thing to do, that scumbag narrowed your options for you and you took the one you thought needed taking.

I hope you hammered him. More scumbags getting hidings like this will mean less scumbags with the balls to be acting the hard man in the clubs.

Hope your GF is alright. Remind me never to put in a late tackle on you in any IPB footy matches.
                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Had heard it before today's article in the Sindo (from people involved with FG), but Enda Kenny is essentially gone as leader of FG. Bruton will be the shoe-in for the position as he is the only one with enough experience - hence his refusal to back Enda on Prime Time earlier this week.

Obv problems with Bruton being a bit too intellectual, which I think is viewed with an element of suspicion by the more country-n-western citizens, but think that'll be made up for by voters feeling satisfied that they've demanded a scalp in the opinion polls and got it.

Bruton vs Cowen in the election debates should be a knock out for Bruton as Cowen just looks and sounds a bit too stupid.

Polls of this week aside, the downside is that we probably end up with nasally Joan Burton as finance minister . Although was reading some of Labour's budget policies on their website and while they policies are all extremely dull, they don't seem lolbad. Apart from:

- Introducing a 48% tax rate (effective with other contribs meaning a total tax of approaching 60%?) for people earning over 100k. lol at taxing international managers out of Ireland.

- Reintrocing Christmas dole payment under the guise of 'investing in our future' - that's not investing in the future, that's investing in toys!

- Every major policy aimed at low income earners and the unemployed, rather than wealth generators. Social contributions aside and purely talking about economics; low income earners add nothing to help the economy grow, whereas the wealth generators are highly flexible and can easily move countries if not treated correctly.
                                                                        O yeah he'll get my vote my god do these people live in the real world, there's only like one or two people in the country earning 100k+ i think one it El stuty AFAIK

Comment

USA v Algeria 4/6 5/2 7/2

You may as well put your money where your mouth is EE ! Serious value to be had if they're about equal. (Although I expect you to soon reveal this as your latest elaborate level)

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                                                          QFT

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                            Part 2

.... By the time i got into hotel, shower and and got settled in the room it was like 4am, when i was going to bed i heard the call for morning prayer! i hadn't heard since i was in Turkey and have to say it's quite a lovely sound as it comes over the entire city and traffic! work up at like 7am got showered and dressed in shirt and tie and went for breakfast, really lovely food, no bacon but they make Beef Sausages and bacon bits for breakfast, but anything you want is there... last mouthfull of scrambled egg went stragiht down my brand new shirt and tie! lol i should learn hot to eat!, went up changed and rang the guy who would be interviewing me for his department, Mr. Thermer Almunajem, he meet me at like 9.30am and when i wen tout side it was like something i couldnt describe and he just turned to me and said it's not even hot now! the hole day was just spent showing me around and meeting people which was really interesting seeing how they done it hear, i est about 80% of what they do here is far more advanced that Irish Logistic's/supply chain management.

Something that you will hear is that in business meetings, job interviews overhere it is not uncomon for people to take phone calls, just get up and leave, have other people come into the office and do some sort of dealings with the person your meeting with, if any of you come here just keep it in mind that they dont consider this rude!

I left about 2pm and was drove back to the hotel, got online posted something here and spoke with family and then decided that i didnt come to Ryiadh to sit in a hotel so went walking! to say i walked miles in the heat would be a understatement when i told people about this they were like, waht there was not taxi's???

Have to go in a few min's but want type the following out happen at breakfast yesterday morning

im sitting there minding my own business and this American suit come's over and is like
                                                                            American Suit: Can i join you here
                                                                            Irish Philip: yeah sure no bother sir
                                                                            he sits down and starts to shovle food into his mouth, and i really mean shovling food, of course i feel uncomfortable so try to start up a conversation
                                                                            Irish Philip: So have you been to Ryiadh before?
                                                                            Long pause as the American suit is trying to sallow a cow
                                                                            American Suit: Thats Coffee talk son
                                                                            ... as he shovle's more food into his mouth
                                                                            like 4 min later after he finishes eating his second cow which sounded like he was eating behind a mic goes like this...
                                                                            American Suit: So what were you saying?
                                                                            Irish Philip: Is this your first time in Ryiadh?
                                                                            American Suit: No i've been here
                                                                            before in his deep american accent!
                                                                            Irish Philip: O your American ,American suit: Yes sir i am from the great state of Wasington DC and im in Construction, you? Irish Philip: im from Ireland and here for a job inter.. American suit cuts across: u married kid,Irish Philip In Sept American Suit: then your single, what out for these guys dont trust them!

Moral of the story: first time in the middle east and i run into an american who is freaking carbon copy of the stereo type American
                                                                            Didn't manage to get through reading all of this. I despise the use of the word "like" unnecessary is speech and it's twice as bad reading it!

Comment

WP Bubbleking. The bouncers were doing you a huge favour.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                Didn't manage to get through reading all of this. I despise the use of the word "like" unnecessary is speech and it's twice as bad reading it!
                                                                                thanks tony love the advise FYI u try use an arbic keyboard and see how long it take you to right these posts

PS: if you take me seriuosly think this game has developed into a FB war/insult bash according to recent front page popcorn threads..... ya big donegal blow in loon

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                  Thanks HH
                                                                                  Wow, i'd get him to check that out as its a closed country you need a reason to enter and visiting someone doesnt count! if i take this job my Gf wont be allowed to come over to visit until were married and if they see us walking in the street together and the religon police will stop and look for proof of marriage! same way if we want to stay in a hotel or anything like that, this is a country of men, but to be fair there's alot of man love down here, not in ghay way or anything but it's common to see friends holding hands walking down the street together!
                                                                                  seems like they have got the ghey in a big way
                                                                                  read somewhere before that its ok for a man to have sex with another man in the middle east nothing is thought of it and is quiet normal and acceptable so this is what they do before marrige.

watch out and don't give out any wrong messages imo

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                                                    read somewhere before that its ok for a man to have sex with another man in the middle east nothing is thought of it and is quiet normal and acceptable so this is what they do before marrige.
                                                                                    I read somewhere that all black people are thieves.
                                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                      Dey tuk our jurbs

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                        I thought there was a World Cup discussion thread?
                                                                                        QFT.
                                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Had heard it before today's article in the Sindo (from people involved with FG), but Enda Kenny is essentially gone as leader of FG. Bruton will be the shoe-in for the position as he is the only one with enough experience - hence his refusal to back Enda on Prime Time earlier this week.

Obv problems with Bruton being a bit too intellectual, which I think is viewed with an element of suspicion by the more country-n-western citizens, but think that'll be made up for by voters feeling satisfied that they've demanded a scalp in the opinion polls and got it.

Bruton vs Cowen in the election debates should be a knock out for Bruton as Cowen just looks and sounds a bit too stupid.

Polls of this week aside, the downside is that we probably end up with nasally Joan Burton as finance minister . Although was reading some of Labour's budget policies on their website and while they policies are all extremely dull, they don't seem lolbad. Apart from:

- Introducing a 48% tax rate (effective with other contribs meaning a total tax of approaching 60%?) for people earning over 100k. lol at taxing international managers out of Ireland.

- Reintrocing Christmas dole payment under the guise of 'investing in our future' - that's not investing in the future, that's investing in toys!

- Every major policy aimed at low income earners and the unemployed, rather than wealth generators. Social contributions aside and purely talking about economics; low income earners add nothing to help the economy grow, whereas the wealth generators are highly flexible and can easily move countries if not treated correctly.
                                                                                          Okay, I'm going to get absolutely pilloried for this but here goes:

If there was a general election next week I'd vote for Finna Fail. Labour's latest poll results are really, really fucking scary because all they have contributed for the last 18 months is arguing against every single cut in public expenditure. Obviously NAMA was a disastrous piece of legislation, but it's here now and it can't be realistically rolled back. The international financial community seems genuinely happy with the moves Finna Fail have made (and plan to make - assuming there are further cutbacks), and when there are some signs of positive economic data the last thing we would need right now is the coalition coming in with a populist fiscal agenda.

The opposition have been horrific since things kicked off in late 2008, and FF have probably put in their two best years of government relatively speaking (I know, ain't hard) during that period. I am completely unconvinced by just about every single policy inkling emanating from FG / Labour during that period. They are patently unwilling or unable to be the type of government the country needs right now.

Bear in mind, I am not providing a ringing endorsement of FF here. They are merely the best of a very bad bunch. But so long as financial experts around the world are satisfied in the main with their work, they should be allowed to continue doing it.
                                                                                          Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 13-06-10, 10:51.
                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Im sorry but I have to post this to get it off my chest.

tonight I was out for the night with a group of friends. We were out in the night club and pretty drunk. out of nowhere these two guys started hasseling my friend and my girfriend. I was a bit aware but thought nothing of it. All of a sudden my friend got glassed and the other guy pulled a knife on my girfriend. Iv never been so mad in my life.

I ran straight for the first guy and hit him as hard as I could. It was a complete cheap shot because he never seen me coming but he didnt get up. the guy who pulled the knife had half a go at me before I hit him as hard as I could. He fell to the ground and I jumped on top of him. The bouncers were there but they watched me take 5/6 clean shots at him on the ground before they pulled me off him.

they pulled me off him eventually and dragged me to the back room. I was very afraid because I thought I was going to ge hammered. They left me there for about 10 mins. When they came back in I covered my face for the pounding that was coming but the bouncer took my hands and started cleaning my knuckles. he then asked me where I lived and called me a taxi.

Im still shaking. I think I did the right thing but still feel bad if you know what i mean
                                                                                            Fair play Tony dont feel bad for one second for what you did, i hope you mate and gf is ok?

FFS Donal the guy pours his heart out and you write some absolute shite, wtf is wrong with you sometimes, there is a preview post button use it and take a few seconds to see if you still want to continue with what you wrote.

Plus what is the deal with all the white writing in your posts?
                                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

New Blu

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post

this explains alot

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post

this explains alot
                                                                                                    I'm not sure he was being serious! Well played if you also weren't being serious though...
                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Comment

You know, it gets worse the more you watch it:

Comment

this is shocking stuff. i dislike the fact that both teams seem to be trying not to lose, its a huge chance for either of them to put pressure on England and USA with a win. A draw and they both go home.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                            Fair play Tony dont feel bad for one second for what you did, i hope you mate and gf is ok?
                                                                                                            ?
                                                                                                            Ah yeah they're grand today. the glass didnt break so my mate just has a lump and gf is just a bit emotional.

Im really milking the symathy here for my swollen knuckles though

Heading to croker soon. come on the Royals and all that

Comment

What a great half of football. I've had a nice nap.
                                                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                                                this is shocking stuff. i dislike the fact that both teams seem to be trying not to lose, its a huge chance for either of them to put pressure on England and USA with a win. A draw and they both go home.
                                                                                                                It really is awful. 2 nice saves and thats it

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                  You know, it gets worse the more you watch it:

Meh Bonnar did something equally horrendous v netherlands in 1994 wc. Jonk shot from about 1/4 mile out iirc - it was rarely mentioned afterwards. Shit happens. Green shouldn't be carrying all the blame for last night

Comment

Bubbleking = Chuck Norris?! what a fuckin hero mate. What was the hassle about that made the scumbag pull a knife on a girl? you should ask for the cctv footage so we can all enjoy your pwning of them.
                                                                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Lol, 'tis true

@Bubbleking
                                                                                                                      Think the support that you're getting on here is totally justified, so were your actions last night.
                                                                                                                      When you, or someone you care about, is threatened like that instinct just takes over.
                                                                                                                      Have no sympathy with anyone who brings a knife on a night out and then pulls it on somebody. Scumbag behavior of the highest order and if he's going to act like that, there are consequences.

If you hadn't reacted I think you wouldn't be able to sit with yourself today.
                                                                                                                      I also think the fact you feel a bit guilty about it means you are a cut above that kind of behavior, but what's right is right.

Put it behind you.

Just my opinion, for what it's worth.

Comment

That was a nice bit of work on the sports towel V, has anyone any recommendations for a really balla bathrobe/dressing gown?
                                                                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                                          That was a nice bit of work on the sports towel V, has anyone any recommendations for a really balla bathrobe/dressing gown?
                                                                                                                          I'm considering this one. Apparently its the nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X