Are there any sheep threads on the go?
    LOL!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn3v1lthqDk&feature=related[/ame]

ha tears sporting celebs to shreads from about 7 minutes on

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvvKUtHlDK8&feature=related[/ame]
      Last edited by a-k-47; 02-06-10, 18:03.

Comment

What are peoples thoughts on the World Cup?

Are Argentina, Brazil? What about Mexico?

Who are peoples favorites? Top Goalscorers etc?
        http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post

Who are peoples favorites? Top Goalscorers etc?
          brazil or spain imo, netherlands could be the surprise package if they beat brazil.

van persie top goalscorer ... afaik theyre he is evens to be top arsenal goalscorer with pp free money imo, linkage to this anyone?

Comment

Argentina are definitely not Brazil. Not sure if they are Mexico.

Comment

Decide to watch Lost Season 1 again, so glad i did
              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                brazil or spain imo, netherlands could be the surprise package if they beat brazil.

van persie top goalscorer ... afaik theyre he is evens to be top arsenal goalscorer with pp free money imo, linkage to this anyone?
                RVP is even money to be Arsenal's top scorer at the world cup? That can't be right...I'll open up an account if it is though.
                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                  RVP is even money to be Arsenal's top scorer at the world cup? That can't be right...I'll open up an account if it is though.
                  Its 4/5 now sure it was even doe

Edit: 4/5 still a good bet imo
                  Last edited by Maloney; 02-06-10, 18:17.
                  ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                  I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

only thing i bet on was south korea vs geece, and for sk not to finish bottom of their group.

Comment

Link please if so

Carlos Vela might be a threat to it though? Any thoughts on this or would that be silly.
                      Last edited by MegaSin; 02-06-10, 18:16.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                        Argentina are definitely not Brazil. Not sure if they are Mexico.
                        i kind of deserved that, i meant how are each of the teams set?

the reason i ask about mexico cos they are 3/1 to win there group with France Uruguay and South Africa

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        Decide to watch Lost Season 1 again, so glad i did
                        been kind of half tempted to start from scratch again,

i'd say there is a lot of aha moments?

doesn't seem right who would be his competition?

Comment

thinking of opening a BF account just for the WC
                          Planning on betting on Engerland at 7s then massivly laying it when they go through the group stage and the hyperbole kicks in
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I really fancy Brazil this year.Most solid defence they have had in years and still great going forward.
                            I got 5's on Stan james 2 weeks back with money back if Spain won it so really happy with that bet.
                            With that i have a decent bet on Fabiano for top scorer at 12's considering they have North Korea in there group.

Comment

Originally posted by hatedajacks View Post
                              I really fancy Brazil this year.Most solid defence they have had in years and still great going forward.
                              I got 5's on Stan james 2 weeks back with money back if Spain won it so really happy with that bet.
                              With that i have a decent bet on Fabiano for top scorer at 12's considering they have North Korea in there group.
                              North Korea could be the best team in the world
                              You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

yeah i think Fabiano is serious value at 12's

Comment

doesn't seem right who would be his competition?
                                  Carlos Vela and bendtner

Comment

Group straight forecast

1 England 2 USA
                                    1 Holland 2 Denmark
                                    1 Germany 2 Serbia

35/1 treble and then the rest in a patent.

Lunacy?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                      Group straight forecast

1 England 2 USA
                                      1 Holland 2 Denmark??
                                      1 Germany 2 Serbia

Lunacy?
                                      Why not Cameroon instead

Comment

For Flushdraw and anyone else who wouldn't mind not being proxied in work

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                          Carlos Vela and bendtner
                                          Or maaaaaaybe Fabregas, if either Xavi or Iniesta have fitness problems...Eitherway even money seems pretty awesome
                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Why not Cameroon instead
                                            Cause Rigobert song is still in their team!!! Some record though.He played in the 1994 World cup..Good quiz question in their for you Kayroo

Comment

Cause Rigobert song is still in their team!!! Some record though.He played in the 1994 World cup..Good quiz question in their for you Kayroo
                                              Correct. And who's the other player in a squad this time round that played in the finals in 1994?

Also who's the oldest player named in a squad for this years WC finals?

Comment

Correct. And who's the other player in a squad this time round that played in the finals in 1994?

Answer to your 1st question i am on a blank of name but he is south korean,get back to u on the 2nd

Comment

Link please if so

Carlos Vela might be a threat to it though? Any thoughts on this or would that be silly.
                                                  Vela has 8 goals in 27 games for Mexico. He's scored against Guatemala, Peru, Belize, Venezuela, E Salvador and New Zealand so he's not banging them in against quality opposition. He's good, but he lacks what's needed to score against quality teams in the premiership so i can't see him carrying that over to the World Stage.

Bendtner has 11 goals in 32 games for Denmark and has found the back of the net against teams like Germany, Portugal, Czech Rep and Slovenia so he has the quality to do it against the better teams, but Denmarks unlikelyness to get through the group is going to hamper any chance he has.

RVP has 17 goals in 43 games and there's no doubting he has the qualities to hammer them in against anyone. I think it's a shoe in provided he stays injury free which could be a slight worry

Comment

RVP's obvious main threat is Fabregas, especially if he plays behind Villa as the sole striker, but 4/5 is probably decent value as none of the competitors to RVP have anything like his goal scoring record. And the Dutch has an amazing team.

I plan to do a whole heap of betting in running this world cup.

One interesting thing to note is that every keeper is moaning like hell about the new ball they are going to use. I think the 6/4 in the 2.5+ goals market for the opener between Mexico (who are great going forward and easy to score against) and South Africa ( who have knocked in 4 and 5 in recent friendlies) is a cracking bet. And as I mentioned before betting the overs on goals is a cracking bet for viewing.

Now this may seem like a weird one, but I fancy in the Brazil - North Korea match for Brazil to have an ungodly amount of corners. North Korea effectively play 6 at the back (http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/05/...-might-expect/) and Brazil will have to break through on the wings using their full backs to full effect. Expect many corners.

God I can't wait for it now

Comment

World cup stage was made for a player of Nikolas Bendtner abilty. 66/1 top scorer and lay entire roll on RVP Arsenal top scorer IMO!
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

torres is 10/11 top liverpool gs.

Comment

David James?

Apparentely Kanu is ten years older than he says he is so it's prob really him or another Nigerian
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                            One interesting thing to note is that every keeper is moaning like hell about the new ball they are going to use.
                                                            do they not do that every year?

Comment

torres is 10/11 top liverpool gs.
                                                              Does he not miss the first game or 2 though?

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                David James?

Apparentely Kanu is ten years older than he says he is so it's prob really him or another Nigerian
                                                                Correct on James. More than likely correct on Kanu/random Nigerian also

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                  dont know anything about that???

Comment

Think he's definitely out for the first game and not sure beyond that, but he'll be a fitness doubt alright and that may encourage Del Bosque to play Villa up front on his own for a couple of games at least.

Comment

dont know anything about that???
                                                                      Either do I apparently! Went and checked it out and they say he will be fit for the first game

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                        do they not do that every year?
                                                                        Yeah pretty much, maybe this time they're not bluffing.

Browsing through the first matches I can't really see any odds in the w/d/l market that are exciting, but then you are very rarely going to tbh. Serbia at 6/5 to beat Ghana is about it, but even at that...

Comment

stars really riding me up the a$$ all day. 10 tourns knocked out of, 2 - 4 outers ftw,

dont think ill back torres, who is brazils top goalscorer coming into the wc?

Comment

stars really riding me up the a$$ all day. 10 tourns knocked out of, 2 - 4 outers ftw,

dont think ill back torres, who is brazils top goalscorer coming into the wc?
                                                                            Luis Fabiano, someone said he was a decent price for the golden boot earlier, he's definitely one of the top contenders

Comment

Brazil / D Villa 50/1 e1,020 potential return for your 20. Not a bad bet. Spain / Fabiano 70/1... have em both backed, better back it up with a reverseo

Anybody got any decent e/w bets?
                                                                              Last edited by a-k-47; 02-06-10, 20:09.

Comment

If i were English i would buzz off this ad.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66OuJZGDCHE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                                ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                                                I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney333 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66OuJ...layer_embedded
                                                                                  Really dont like that ad,not anti English or anything just think it could have been much more powerful

Comment

Group straight forecast

1 England 2 USA
                                                                                    1 Holland 2 Denmark
                                                                                    1 Germany 2 Serbia

Lunacy?
                                                                                    I think the Spain 1st Chile 2nd forecast is nailed on at 6/5, I would rather take this than Germany/Serbia.

Comment

Looks like Rafa cud be gonzo http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...142868.ece#lfc

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                        I think the Spain 1st Chile 2nd forecast is nailed on at 6/5, I would rather take this than Germany/Serbia.
                                                                                        Agree,Chile are a pretty good side and the other two are fairly poor.The only worry is Chile's Top scorer Suazo is doubtful

Comment

For the Lost heads amoung us can you answer this little question from Season 1

SPOILER
                                                                                          when Locke and Boone first discover the hatch they are in what looks like a river bed but then in later episodes it looks like it is in an open patch of grass? what the hell?

Comment

why isn't there a rolleyes smiley on ipoker

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                              For the Lost heads amoung us can you answer this little question from Season 1

SPOILER
                                                                                              when Locke and Boone first discover the hatch they are in what looks like a river bed but then in later episodes it looks like it is in an open patch of grass? what the hell?
                                                                                              Might be tricky for a city slicker to understand...
                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                              grass grows

SPOILER
                                                                                              jk, i haven't a clue, i'd have to rewatch
                                                                                              http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

But i'm only in my late 50's!!

Nwankwo Kanu is really 42, Obafemi Martins is 32, not 25, and Taribo West, whose playing career ended only two years ago, is in his late fifties, say bloggers in Nigeria

Comment

Originally posted by LOL_CAMPBELL View Post
                                                                                                  Nothing official yet but this is being reported pretty much everywhere, SSN seem to really be running with it. I'd seriously doubt there isn't a hell of alot of truth to this, given the way everyone's running with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney333 View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66OuJ...layer_embedded
                                                                                                    if carlsberg did teamtalks... exactly; its a bit gassy and tasteless.
                                                                                                    fail of an ad that slaps itself on the back at the end.
                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

11 flips lost for tourny life grrr wtf

Comment

Are there any sheep threads on the go?
                                                                                                        There are quite a few my good man but you only have answers in for one of them

Comment

lol that liverpool can't afford to get rid of him, it'd be even funnier if he stayed on now.
                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSheepMaster View Post
                                                                                                            There are quite a few my good man but you only have answers in for one of them
                                                                                                            TheSarcasmMaster he ain't
                                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                                                              Might be tricky for a city slicker to understand...
                                                                                                              SPOILER
                                                                                                              grass grows

SPOILER
                                                                                                              jk, i haven't a clue, i'd have to rewatch
                                                                                                              Thought you were gonna say its magic or something

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                lol that liverpool can't afford to get rid of him, it'd be even funnier if he stayed on now.

Comment

Nothing official yet but this is being reported pretty much everywhere, SSN seem to really be running with it. I'd seriously doubt there isn't a hell of alot of truth to this, given the way everyone's running with it.
                                                                                                                  Tony Barrett is usually quite a reliable journalist. The fact that both him and SSN are reporting it, amongst many others makes it seem very likely. Martin O'Neill is the 13/8 favourite on Paddy Power to be the next Liverpool manager

Comment

No!

Hope he leaves. Pool will disappear if he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                                      Christopher Stone to win tonights Britains Got Talent Semi Final at 9/4 is my biggest bet of the year so far, think hes an absolute certainty.

Chloe Hickinbottom to qualify at 9/4 also looks a very good bet.
                                                                                                                      o dear...

Comment

damn, no the arrangement.. there goes a lot of my creeping.
                                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Read the latest Sport news, including Football, UFC, Boxing, Racing and more. Get the best match reports, opinion and live blogs from Mirror Sport now

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X