Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Come on Mexico! My biggest bet in a good while!
    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
      +1, i hope s africa are as bad as we think they are

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
        The cunt passed the curse onto pool, it all becomes clear.

South African healer Bishop Isaac Nonyaneto claims he has removed 'malicious spirits' from Australia forward Harry Kewell

Opr
        you can say what you like about Kewell but it has pretty much been proven that his injury problems in England were compounded by the medical treatment at English football clubs being lolbad

Comment

Home nation, proved last year in confedertions cup support at home will do a lot for them, fancied the draw myself. mexico lack a bit of bite in my opinion.

Did i mention how happy i am.

Comment

Anyone else watching the opening ceremony? WTF is the story with the big beetle pushing a giant ball??

Comment

I have backed the draw at 15/8. No doubt Mexico are the better team but The home team have never lost the first game of a world cup and i think they will scrape a draw.

Also Lumping on New Zealand -13 points v Ireland tommorrow.Think thats a great bet

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                So if you call him Ian ShyAnn you really hate him.

do you like living in Norf Dublin?

No if they really want to get at him they slag him about not being able to hold his drink like the rest of the cheyenne tribe.

Norf Dablin ftw i tell you. You gotta love the self righteous auld fellas. One auld fella was walking down the street with what i assessed to be a Chinese home help girl. As i passed he seemed to be giving her welfare advice saying "Ye know dih advice place the advice bureau?" and the Chinese girl said "Do you mean the citizens information?" "Yeah yeah thats the one but i call it the advice bureau".

I was in Athy last weekend to watch the triathlon, theres a few quare hawks in that town. I went into Anns bar where the bar maid Ann well in her 70's collared me and bent my ear for the full duration of my pint while extracting all the info from me. Then some random Athyonian bloke sitting at the bar comes over and shows us a youtube clip on his mobile phone of someone holding a bag of cement over his own head when one of his mates creeps up behind him and cuts the bag spilling all the cement over the carrier. That clip never grows old on that lad as his laugh suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                  Home nation, proved last year in confedertions cup support at home will do a lot for them, fancied the draw myself. mexico lack a bit of bite in my opinion.

Did i mention how happy i am.
                  you may have, in passing

footballing wise, mexico slaughter ZA (they do that to most teams)
                  but
                  ZA stronger, pumped, fit, work hard
                  mexico can go missing, have a soft centre as their record against the USA shows

mexico could/should easily batter them but.....

Comment

I havent placed a bet in close to a year
                    but........

Win Mexico @ 6/4
                    South Africa v Mexico €10.00
                    Spain @ 1/4
                    Spain v Switzerland
                    Chile @ 4/7
                    Honduras v Chile
                    Brazil @ 1/9
                    Brazil v North Korea
                    Slovakia @ 4/9
                    New Zealand v Slovakia
                    Italy @ 10/11
                    Italy v Paraguay
                    Holland @ 4/7
                    Holland v Denmark
                    Germany @ 1/2
                    Germany v Australia
                    England @ 8/15
                    England v USA
                    Argentina @ 1/2
                    Argentina v Nigeria
                    returns 815.72
                    a little bit on mexico as well for the game
                    and a little bit at 6/4 for over 2.5 goals
                    I've stayed away from the France Game until I get home and might do a little in running

I've also done a bankers accum but I know that is just burning money
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

just stuck world cup fixtures into google, very handy, top of the page it lists all the upcoming games and the time they're on at irish time,
                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                        i suppose guns'n'roses are sold out?
                        was on ticket master yesterday but they had none
                        Tickets only went on sale to the general public (not the O2 priority list) this morning; just bagged a few standing tickets not an hour ago. WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!

Comment

Wow I just got THE SODOMY in two successive pots and went from chippy to bust in three hands deep in tourny on stars. The first one get it in with 22 on a A 10 2 board and cant hold v A10. Thats reasonable,daily misery stuff.

The second one was pure though.

Still top 20 in chips. Tilt call A8s from the big blind v an utg tighty and we see a A 7 9 ss flop. Ugh mash the mouse for half pot lead,enjoyably he insta raises. His line and timing are fos so I stick him in incase hes bad enough to call with KK QQ. He is. He has 4h4d.

Easy easy fucking bink. GENUINLY closing my stars account today. Actually closing it. The last month has been fucking insane for not holding and taking really bizarre beats. Ive been around poker to get variance and to get how boring stuff like this is but I cant takes no more!

Jesus fucking lol. As I was writing this rant I get it in for the chip lead in the 5k grtee (final ever tourny on stats-lol) with 1010 V 77 and am drawing dead on flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                            you may have, in passing

footballing wise, mexico slaughter ZA (they do that to most teams)
                            but
                            ZA stronger, pumped, fit, work hard
                            mexico can go missing, have a soft centre as their record against the USA shows

mexico could/should easily batter them but.....
                            happiness fading after one outered on two tables in space of 60 seconds. new plan first game watched without cards.

mexico are easily better than south africa i admit just fancy south africa to get something out of game. From footballing point of view be good for this group for south africa to win as it would force them to really go for it against france and Diego Forlan plus ten in last two games.

Comment

Sorted
                              Last edited by Flushdraw; 11-06-10, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                I'm on the radio again today, from 2 - 3 pm. This week I'll be playing two more songs from Four Tets album, there is love in you. Its really a fantastic album. Caribou and Kaito also both released albums recently, they are not in the same league as Four Tet, but both worth a listen. I'll be playing my favorite song from both albums, Sun & It happens suddenly respectively.

To fill in the gaps I'll have recent releases from Donnacha Costello & Ellen Alien, two recent Todd Terje remixes (From his excellent Remaster of the Universe Album) and some not so recent music from Rachel's, Serge Gainsbourg, Aphex twin and Massive Attack. Enjoy!

Listen here: http://kitchensync.listen2myradio.com/

Archived: http://soundcloud.com/hectorjelly

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/HJs...4507647?ref=ts
                                Have you heard the Caribou remix of Angel Echoes? It's pretty good. Also I preferred Swim to There Is Love In You, but they are both very good.

Looking forward to the show.

Comment

I'm on the radio again today, from 2 - 3 pm. This week I'll be playing two more songs from Four Tets album, there is love in you. Its really a fantastic album. Caribou and Kaito also both released albums recently, they are not in the same league as Four Tet, but both worth a listen. I'll be playing my favorite song from both albums, Sun & It happens suddenly respectively.

To fill in the gaps I'll have recent releases from Donnacha Costello & Ellen Alien, two recent Todd Terje remixes (From his excellent Remaster of the Universe Album) and some not so recent music from Rachel's, Serge Gainsbourg, Aphex twin and Massive Attack. Enjoy!

BTW, just listening to your show from last week, I've never had the time to listen to a show before, and I'd like to compliment you on it, really enjoying it!

Comment

10 year old kid after taking jimmy mcgee apart on liveline answering questions on world cup history

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Anyone have a stream of Mexico SA?

Comment

I know everyone is going ape about the price in this game but still think itl be a ferocious sweat. Home nation,emotions and pride etc can get something out of even the worst teams. Insta secures a Mexico whitewash.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                          I know everyone is going ape about the price in this game but still think itl be a ferocious sweat. Home nation,emotions and pride etc can get something out of even the worst teams. Insta secures a Mexico whitewash.
                                          ty sam for locking up the mexico win!

You taking down killarney right?

Comment

You should be able to use this and its really good quality.

Edit - RTE site is also streaming the games I think.

Opr
                                            Last edited by Opr; 11-06-10, 13:07.

Comment

looks like its streamed on rte.ie

Comment

boys are good value on rte2 at moment

much better than the opening ceremony stuff on engerlish channels

Comment

i think ill go to the pub for the mexico match, happy punting all

Comment

Originally posted by The Tourist View Post
                                                    looks like its streamed on rte.ie
                                                    Only have the laptop on me atm!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                      Tickets only went on sale to the general public (not the O2 priority list) this morning; just bagged a few standing tickets not an hour ago. WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE!
                                                      just secured 2 standing tickets myself on ticketmaster

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                        Anyone else having trouble with Boylesports? I'm trying to transfer €250 from poker to sports and it just keeps hagning when i try the transfer. It won't work going through Boylepoker either because i just keep getting a white screen and their live support button is greyed out
                                                        boylesports must be losing a fortune with their joke of a site tbh. I tried for an hour yesterday to place bets and it tilted the bejaysus out of me. Only keeping it open for the poker now. Jokers.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          Harry warned off for 6 months.
                                                          He seems hard done by. Certainly there was nothing underhand involved from reading that, and I've no reason to suspect he is lying.

Findlay given six-month ban for laying own horse

RACEHORSE owner and professional gambler Harry Findlay has been banned from running his horses for six months after the BHA found him guilty of laying one of his own runners to lose on two occasions. He has also been warned off from visiting racecourses for the full term of the ban.

In an emotional interview on At The Races following the verdict, Findlay said he was "a heartbroken man" over the case and he received support from Betfair, where the bets were made. The betting exchange said it did not believe the punishment was "proportionate or, for that matter, consistent with similar offences in the past".

The BHA, which said Findlay had seven days in which to appeal from receipt of the disciplinary panel's findings, refused to comment further on the case.

Findlay, who owns a large string of horses including 2008 Cheltenham Gold Cup winner Denman, in partnership with Paul Barber, claimed the first bet was made in error and the second was to lay off a win bet, but he said he didn't blame the panel over the verdict.

"I'm not going to go out and shout and scream at anybody," Findlay told At The Races. "I'm a heartbroken man."

Findlay was told the verdict on Friday morning following a BHA disciplinary hearing in London on Wednesday. He was found guilty of two charges relating to the laying of Gullible Gordon to lose on Betfair, at Exeter in October 2008 and Chepstow a year later.

Following the verdict, Findlay said: "The first race in question I made a technical error and pressed the wrong button and in the second one, as a professional gambler I had a bet before and then a little bit more on before laying back in running.

"When the BHA's top investigators came down we had a good laugh about it because when Glenn [Gill, a friend] laid it [the horse] had basically won anyway," he told At The Races.

"I didn't check the rules because I'm so busy and the fact I didn't check the rules and see how much trouble I was in is my own fault and I don't blame the panel."

Explaining the punishment, a visibly upset Findlay added: "I have been warned offfrom the racecourse and horses in my mother's colours, apart from the ones at Goodwood tonight, which the professionals at the BHA are trying to sort out to run in Michael Channon's colours, will now race in the Sangster family's colours."

When news broke of the charges against Findlay, the reported figures for the lay bets placed on Betfair on Gullible Gordon at Exeter were to the sum of around £17,638, when he was backed for £80,004. At Chepstow Findlay laid the horse to the sum of £32,033 but backed him for £64,000.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            I havent placed a bet in close to a year
                                                            Holland @ 4/7
                                                            Holland v Denmark
                                                            Germany @ 1/2
                                                            Germany v Australia
                                                            These are the two spots I fancy for an upset. Denmark won the group of death in qualifying, comfortably I might add, and this Australia team are capable of beating anyone on their day.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

quality

dunphy to souness: so you going to ask me how many world cups i have played in

souness: not today anyway

dunphy: wait till ozzie ardelies comes in and asks you how many world cups you have won

souness: ask him how he got on in his first game at anfield when he had just arrived as a world cup winner
                                                              souness: he arrived to a big fanfare, we beat them 7-0

gyles/dunphy: did you kick him

souness: no, he was too quick, got his team mate though (Villa)

Comment

The best tip I can give for the world cup is that if you're going to be watching a match at home then hold off on betting on the outcome until you see how the game is going for a while. These are unknowns to us, take a look first imo.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                  He seems hard done by. Certainly there was nothing underhand involved from reading that, and I've no reason to suspect he is lying.
                                                                  Karma. Maybe should pay his debts in future, instead of mouthing off about what a great man he is on TV. I respect what he does, but there's nothing wrong with getting it quietly.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                    The best tip I can give for the world cup is that if you're going to be watching a match at home then hold off on betting on the outcome until you see how the game is going for a while. These are unknowns to us, take a look first imo.
                                                                    was thinking much the same

Heard Dunphy in an interview going on about watching matches with Gyles

10-15 mins in Gyles is telling him how the game is going to end and usually right
                                                                    (something most could do in fairness for a lot of games)

Comment

Nice one. Listening in now. I must grab that Four Tet album. Loved "Moth" that he did with Burial a while back. This one
                                                                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdTbgx5ZXSk[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                        Have you heard the Caribou remix of Angel Echoes? It's pretty good. Also I preferred Swim to There Is Love In You, but they are both very good.

Looking forward to the show.
                                                                        No, i've never heard it, I think I can imagine what it will be like though! Downloading it now, will listen to it afterwards.

Comment

I just put some World Cup bets and I thought I should mention this one here. Its my biggest bet of the World Cup. I think this is as easy as it gets.

Italy to beat New Zealand
                                                                          Paraguay to beat New Zealand
                                                                          Brazil to beat North Korea
                                                                          Holland to beat Japan
                                                                          Spain to beat Honduras
                                                                          Ivory Coast to beat North Korea

The above pays over 2/1.
                                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Only WC thing I'm in is the Castrol predictor where you get points based on other peoples predictions (100- % of people who made your selection)
                                                                            Mexico are 4/1 and USA England draw is 16/1
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bets ive done for interest are

Italy, Spain, Holland and England to win their groups, pays almost 3/1.

All the big 8 bar France to qualify, pays almost evens.
                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Another 3 pint lunch for me, and back to the pub for the match at 3. Tough life this.

Edit: Just got Spain and USA in a WC sweep, so happy with that.
                                                                                Last edited by 6starpool; 11-06-10, 13:34.

Comment

Don't like Italy to win the group, might well do it but have an awful habit of drawing games and don't go overboard against bad teams. If they draw with Paraguay they could well finish 2nd.
                                                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Think I'll have a small bet on Germany to win it outright at 15.5
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Time to hide from here for a month methinks.

Comment

Backed Mexico draw no bet at 4/5 for the game against South Africa later.

Comment

Guys, enough of the hating. Just laugh!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyU5qD_nPWE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyU5qD_nPWE[/ame]

Comment

what an age we live in

at work (sitting in a teleporter fwiw) + 10" mini laptop + vodafone dongle + rte website = fucking awsome

thats me set up for the world cup

Comment

"Daragh if the fake sheikh got to you, you would be going to Tv3. Don't do it Daragh!"
                                                                                              it's started

Comment

Marquez starting in a free role in midfield. Prepare to watch him run the show and deliver on that 6/4. C'mon Mexico

Comment

what an age we live in

at work (sitting in a teleporter fwiw) + 10" mini laptop + vodafone dongle + rte website = fucking awsome

Comment

Gogogogogogogogo mexico!

Comment

Funk me, listen to that beehive! Those Vuvuzelas are annoying!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                        Funk me, listen to that beehive! Those Vuvuzelas are annoying!
                                                                                                        ohhhh, I'd forgotten about them.

Comment

whats with the weird delay where the speakers in the stadium have the sound first?! so odd.
                                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

what an age we live in

the video card in the 10"mini is lacking a bit when i go to full screen looks like i will be bringing my 17"er with me on monday. fucked if i know how i will be able to fit that fucker in here and drive at the same time.

looks like i will be crashing into a lot of things over the next few weeks

Comment

the video card in the 10"mini is lacking a bit when i go to full screen looks like i will be bringing my 17"er with me on monday. fucked if i know how i will be able to fit that fucker in here and drive at the same time.

looks like i will be crashing into a lot of things over the next few weeks
                                                                                                              You still haven't explained how you get to work in a teleportation device!

Comment

Come on the 2.5+ goals. African defending ftw

Comment

Non World Cup post

Can anyone tell me if I can take unopened baby food jars/tins on a plane?

We heading to Spain for a wee holiday in August

Comment

Some things never change. George Hamilton 1 second ahead of the pictures. ITV it is then.

Comment

You still haven't explained how you get to work in a teleportation device!
                                                                                                                      working for the us military can't really say a whole lot other than kim jong II will be getting a surprise visit from president obama in the toilet some morning soon

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                                                        Some things never change. George Hamilton 1 second ahead of the pictures. ITV it is then.
                                                                                                                        Im stuck with German commentary!

Comment

I thought they were banning them air horns

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X