This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
    Rory gallagher is on rte 1 now, not all cork people are lol. genius irish legend

dont kill me Donegal people.
    lol at Geldof " I first saw Rory playing at the Isle of White festival, I was there selling drugs"

edit should of checked, emmet was a lock to be in with that

Comment

must admit I didnt know where he was actually born, he's known as a Cork boy though.

he was just incredible imo
      One thing upon which we agree 100%. A total hero.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eair8Ftmd9Q&feature=related[/ame]
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by LOL_CAMPBELL View Post
        Quick gambling question, if I bet on a player to be his countries top scorer and he is their joint top scorer with one other player, do I get paid half odds or what happens?

Also what happens if its part of a treble?
        Half your stake at full odds.
        If its a treble then the whole bet is a treble at half your stake.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL_CAMPBELL View Post
          Quick gambling question, if I bet on a player to be his countries top scorer and he is their joint top scorer with one other player, do I get paid half odds or what happens?

Also what happens if its part of a treble?
          half the stake on the full price

if other two win in treble, its half the running total

Comment

One of my favourite performances, just for pure live madness.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33Jaodra7AY[/ame]
            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Cool thanks thats as I thought. Couldn't find anything about dead heat rules on the site so was just tryin to make sure it wasn't some sort of crooked market where the player had to be sole outright top scorer. Seems theres some decent value in that market. Bendtner in particular at 2/1 to be Denmarks top scorer is a good price IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                lol at Geldof " I first saw Rory playing at the Isle of White festival, I was there selling drugs"

edit should of checked, emmet was a lock to be in with that
                lol hearrd him saying it but it seemed natural.

ol Ronnie Drew appeared with his bit of Rory spiel.

great docu so far,

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                  i actually met one the other night funnily enough. was thinking of that song at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                    Did Connor win any matches? surely his points could be given to all players i.e. even players who he beat would get the points of that particular match.
                    This would only make it worse bubbleking!

Nicky's right, TommyGunne just giving up as he was out of contention was really bad form and on the other players in the league, not to mention Tony who has to go back over each round and make decisions on matches that weren't played.

The league is very tight and it's unfair on players who beat TG in earlier rounds see competitors get walks at such a crucial stage of the competition.

There are lads in there who are out of contention and still going out of their way to get the games played, playing from Vegas, and Marty on his honeymoon!

Any chance you could play play your remaining games TommyGunne?
                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

steps just tilt the fuck out of me
                      i bought into step2 about 4 weeks ago i have lost count how many i have played but just can't seem to get knocked out of them. iam up and down like a whores knickers

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE3bYRLjVRo[/ame]

Comment

Well I turned around and I said

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws5Xeu3BEQk[/ame]
                          Last edited by RasTa; 10-06-10, 22:47.

Comment

Ya, I agree with Mick (although his post is deleted too). No posting about someone who can't defend themselves please (and ye know what I mean).

I'm not crazy about other peoples rows being dragged on here as well, but the participants seem not to mind too much I guess.

Comment

@ sickpuppy

Comment

@ sickpuppy

confused but jaysus shes lovely

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WHe5fxS3dA[/ame]

and we have our own theme song
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                    confused but jaysus shes lovely
                                    yeah I know kinda hypnotic - point I was making is that I was whipping it from one public place to another - hardly bullying just loling at the typicalness ( I know not a word) of some people

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

This is excellent looking imo.

Comment

its not really public as in not everyone can see it on FB.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                            .As for the part-time thing and F**king you over I can see their point somewhat. The good news is you'd have probably left anyway so at least you get something. Sounds like they were trying to increase the "natural attrition" over the last while anyway so you are as well off out of there.

Hopefully you get something good near your new home soon.

GL
                                            Cheers Olly. Yeah the place is going to the dogs, and the people that are facing redundancy are the backbone of the place.

They are making 45 people redundant. They had hoped that maybe 20 people would come forward. Within an hour of making it official, there were 36 people looking for voluntary and by the end of the week, 59 people were looking to go.

There's cuts in all sectors of my job. Managers, supervisors, Co-ordinators, Team Leads, admin and Ops.

They were looking for 8 Team leads. 7 came forward so they are all gone. Each of these have been there a minimum of 8 years and are really strong at their job. 3 Supervisors applied and they are all gone leaving areas with huge gaping holes.

None of the 6 managers in the place applied, so they based it on LIFO, so the 2 managers out the door are the 2 men that have the biggest roles in the place. 1 guy that has been all over the World touting business, and the other is the guy that has brought 95% of the contracts into the place, that attends all customers meetings and AGMs and that has a fantastic relationship with the customers. Despite the news being only 1 day old, there's already customers that are going to pull the plug and follow this guy to whatever new job he will walk into.

The place is in dire straits and i would hate to spend even 1 more day in it than i have to. The only person i feel sorry for is my boss. He's been nothing but fair to me, and now me and the other guy that shares my job have jumped shipped (him with a €55k handshake) my boss has seen his team ripped apart. It's a shame it's all had to end like this, but when you have clowns running a company that can't see further than the end of their nose, these things happen

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              Bit at the end is fantastic. "Its so worth it"

Opr

Comment

@ sickpuppy

I love that woman.

I'd love to see pics of the women Ashley Cole was shagging.

Comment

yeah a good point and I agree with you to an exent. Im just saying If I was involved in the league but out of contention I wouldnt be arsed either - just considering the stuff that has been going on.

Thats not to say Connor is right Im just saying I can see where he is coming from
                                                  Remind me to make sure not to include you on any shortlists for future games if i decide to run the league again.

Honestly, i don't see where anyone is coming from that doesn't play their games. It's happened every year that people have given up on games when they are out of the running. I've tweaked the league every year (this is my 3rd year) to try and eliminate the impact of people not playing games. It's the first year that everyone has paid a deposit, and some players like TG have now forfeited their deposit because they didn't meet the terms.

That's a small price to pay for some people. There's a $4k first prize on offer and a total of $7685 in prize money up for grabs. Of the $10k that Boylepoker added to the league, i allocated $3485 to Serie A.

With 3 games to play, there was only 4 points seperating the top 10 players. Having to give a walkover to people involved in the race for money is not an ideal result for anyone. Watching 1 player play a gruelling 90 minute game and lose, and then to see 1 player getting a walkover because his opponent hasn't showed up in a month is pretty horrible for all concerned.

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                  What this aobut colluding in the HU league? Also is this doke fella accused the same one the big FB shit was about? If so this is epic popcorn chance for Iain to air this on his radio show when it's on next.
                                                  That was discussed at the time, i listened to all sides and i made a decision that was accepted by everyone and we've moved on. There was no evidence of anything untoward. There was a game not played on Boylepoker so the game was voided.

As Nicky and Danny commented, Marty played a game while he was on Honeymoon in Maritius and another while in Vegas. I received 2 pretty long and detailed PMs from Marty explaining his situation and he was aplogising for possibly messing up the league. He also offered a walkover in his Cup game, because despite him trying to contact Lao Lao before he left for his honeymoon, he felt that him not being around had a big impact on the game not getting played. He also forsaw problems with future rounds so conceded the game.

I really appreciate someone taking the time to give me a headsup if they arent going to be able to play games so that we can try sort out an alternative, and considered that Marty has won millions, and that he is currently propping up the lower end of the table, the man has such class and respect for others that he is still trying to complete all his games so that he doesn't give anyone an unfair advanage over by receiving a walkover against him.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                    I love that woman.

I'd love to see pics of the women Ashley Cole was shagging.
                                                    This is the main chick he was doing on a regular basis

Comment

Shipppppp my killarney package tonight!!!
                                                      Delighted.

Comment

There is no greater pain than plucking a nose hair. Fact

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                            A flick to the balls > nose hair pulling

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                              This is the main chick he was doing on a regular basis

Oh my.

Comment

You must have lead a sheltered and easy life up until this point.

Pulling nose hairs is a piece of piss in all fairness.

Comment

Ever get a knee into your balls? No? You should try it out for comparison purposes at least.

Comment

Going to hell but laughing along the way Don't fast forward the first video play it till 00:32 and then follow instructions.

Opr

Comment

Hyperbole, cunts

Comment

11 HU STT wins in a row - if only i ran this good in cash games

Comment

Hyperbole, cunts
                                                                          ya; really hurts when you get a dose of the auld hyperbole off the cùnts

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 10-06-10, 23:55.

Comment

unbelievable accuracy with the placing of the swimming pool and i didn't see anyone going around with on crutches or a stretcher

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Hyperbole, cunts
                                                                                Try waiting 2 hours on a trolley in the Mater after your ulcer has burst and acid is burning a hole in your stomach, you know you're dying and can't even speak because of the pain, but you aren't getting any morphine until they get their test results back.

I survived obv but as was explained to me after my op I pretty much hit my 3 outer.

When the morphine finally arrived though it was fkin awsome.

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                                                  unbelievable accuracy with the placing of the swimming pool and i didn't see anyone going around with on crutches or a stretcher
                                                                                  It's fake, few years old.
                                                                                  "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Hyperbole
                                                                                    I hate seeing this word written down - I instinctively read it in my mind as 'hyper - bowl' rather than 'hyper - bow - lay', so if I'm reading aloud a sentence with 'hyperbole' in it, I end up stumbling and pausing before speaking it, as I need to take a short moment to prepare the correct pronounciation in my mind!

Don't know if that makes much sense to anyone but it's the best way I can describe it this late at night!

Now, 'discombobulation'...now there's a cool word Reads nice and phonecially too!

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                                      It's fake, few years old.
                                                                                      was thinking the accuracy was too good

Comment

i take a perverse pleasure in it
                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                          Try waiting 2 hours on a trolley in the Mater after your ulcer has burst and acid is burning a hole in your stomach, you know you're dying and can't even speak because of the pain, but you aren't getting any morphine until they get their test results back.

I survived obv but as was explained to me after my op I pretty much hit my 3 outer.
                                                                                          aah the death stories is it?

*
                                                                                          SPOILER

try lying on a gurney in an emergency ward after getting electrocuted in work

Doctor walks in at 5 in morning
                                                                                          takes one look at me, one look at the chart, looks back up and says

"your not a smoker then"

how you know that?

"we would not be having this conversation if you were"

at about 7 I got up and walked home

half way home the electrocution rigormortis kicks in, took about a hour to walk the last bit, grannies with sticks passing me
                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 11-06-10, 00:07. Reason: *hidden for smokers :)

Comment

paiinfully hysterical

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqNHyB7WDOg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqNHyB7WDOg[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                              I hate seeing this word written down - I instinctively read it in my mind as 'hyper - bowl' rather than 'hyper - bow - lay', so if I'm reading aloud a sentence with 'hyperbole' in it, I end up stumbling and pausing before speaking it, as I need to take a short moment to prepare the correct pronounciation in my mind!

Don't know if that makes much sense to anyone but it's the best way I can describe it this late at night!

Now, 'discombobulation'...now there's a cool word Reads nice and phonecially too!
                                                                                              i always thought it was hyperbowl until recently. I heard someone say it on tv and only context convinced me
                                                                                              hi pur b'lee ftw

Comment

Wow i have missed a lot of this tonight. In my opinion its all dribble or is it the other one? And i never use roll eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                  Science:

Jared Diamond: Guns, Germs and Steel on how some societies have evolved more successfully than others. Diamond is easily one of the most brilliant science writers around.
                                                                                                  Great book, read it when it came out, but it has come in for a lot of criticism from various academics over the last decade - check this out (honestly, it's fairly interesting after you've read the book): http://www.insidehighered.com/news/2005/08/03/ggs

I've had 'The Rise and Fall of the Third Chimpanzee' on my bookshelf for the past 6 months or so; have you read it? I really love well-written popular science books, they may be the most interesting reads out there. Some of the books on evolutionary theory have blown my mind...

Comment

(post deleted).

I'll tell you about that another time lads!
                                                                                                    Last edited by dannydiamond; 11-06-10, 00:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                      aah the death stories is it?

try lying on a gurney in an emergency ward after getting electrocuted in work

Doctor walks in at 5 in morning
                                                                                                      takes one look at me, one look at the chart, looks back up and says

"your not a smoker then"

how you know that?

"we would not be having this conversation if you were"

at about 7 I got up and walked home

SPOILER
                                                                                                      half way home the electrocution rigormortis kicks in, took about a hour to walk the last bit, grannies with sticks passing me
                                                                                                      thats nuthin, i had me micky chopped in half at birth when they thoght it was my embilicale cord, then had several painful tatoos etched onto my infant body that turned out to be nurses phone numbers .

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                        Actually one more book related post. But, brought over possibly the best reading list. Although it's going to seem boring after Harry Bosch.

Science:

Jared Diamond: Guns, Germs and Steel on how some societies have evolved more successfully than others. Diamond is easily one of the most brilliant science writers around.
                                                                                                        what did you think of this? been meaning to finish it. I thought there was a decent amount of controversy over it and it had been discredited to an extent though?

just started reading this atm:
                                                                                                        [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Your-Money-Brain-Successful-Neuroscience/dp/0285638041[/ame]

Interesting and seems to match up with other stuff I've read about the subject, also some of the stuff is applicable to poker.

I finished nudge too, although, it came across that it was more a book about investing for your future than what it actually had set out to talk about! seemed like so many books I've read recently in that it could have easily been just an interesting article rather than a drawn out book.

Comment

...

Comment

woops wrong knight

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

its ok tonight is fine.

Comment

From what I have read and seen and watching the the world cup kick off concert on BB2 it really feels like it would have been a once in a lifetime thing to have gone to.

Opr

Comment

its ok tonight is fine.
                                                                                                                  I missed an 18 inch putt today, fucken painful it was.

Comment

Put my first WC bet on today.

Plus my QQ > some poor fellas QQ ty flush

Comment

I missed an 18 inch putt today, fucken painful it was.
                                                                                                                      Mmmm, you sure it was only one?

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 11-06-10, 00:38.

Comment

Quote from that Q&A thread on the Deepwater Horizon rig explosion.

Gas and oil rushed up the riser; there was little wind, and a gas cloud got all over the rig. When the main inductions of the engines got a whiff, they ran away and exploded. Blew them right off the rig. This set everything on fire. A similar explosion in the mud pit / mud pump room blew the mud pumps overboard. Another in the mud sack storage room, sited most unfortunately right next to the living quarters, took out all the interior walls where everyone was hanging out having - I am not making this up - a party to celebrate 7 years of accident free work on this rig. 7 BP bigwigs were there visiting from town.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X