This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
    Haha yeh, those games earlier were pretty nutz, it was actually that [No.] Viper guy whom i was playing with who was driving the car xD.

Hope the prick has insurance, if not he was probs drink driving...cant get over the fact he just sped off...ugh..anyways atleast we have his address and a whitness.

Cheers for the nice comments lads
    If he had insurance or not we all pay into a fund, us insured drivers, for things like this.

Hope you are not too badly injured, chin up !
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      They won it in his seventh year at the club. It took Shankly five years. The culture of instant success and painting three defeats in a row as a crisis is one of the sillier aspects of modern football.
      Couldn't agree more.

Instant success is happening at Chelsea though and nice little sign of intentions just now Cole and Ballack released. Get the youth in and sign someone. Delighted to see the back of Cole. United should snap him up.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
        Lets hope the Julia Roberts lookalike gets that top off sooner rather than later....good god, she is tres hot !!
        !
        Agreed she is mega hot!

Opr

Comment

quite happy to read all your usual shyte but:
          Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
          King kenny who ran when the going got tough, LOL quit after a breakdown caused by going to all the hillsborough funerals and after a brief holiday offered to go back but had already replaced

fyp

Comment

Originally posted by J10spades View Post
            Rage were awsome tonight, by far the best concert i've been to.. and i've been to quiet a few good ones! His protests were a highlight as were the mad supporting acts lol. Have to start wearing purple
            These were the support act weren't they? Was tempted to get a ticket just to see them, no interest in RATM tbh but Gogol Bodello are
            legends

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sM1Ahn0Osjo&feature=channel[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elyQ4ShVw-Y[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
              It was November '86 that Ferguson was appointed. So it took him 6 full seasons to win the league. The improvement started in the 90/91 season and they got better the next season and won it then. He only just held onto his job though, he was gone only for the FA Cup win in 1990, that bought him another year and the team improved and also won the Cup Winner's Cup, the next year they finished second, the next year first.

If Liverpool had won the Europa League Cup, Benitez would more than likely still be there but they didn't and failed to qualify for the Champion's League so he is gone.
              In his first 4 full seasons (when he spent big in comparison to most teams) he finished 2nd, 11th, 13th, 6th.

Surely 11th and 13th in consecutive seasons after finishing 2nd is a bit worse than finishing 7th for one season?

In the 5 seasons before Ferguson took charge utd finished 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th and 4th and 3 bad months was enough to see Ron Atkinson sacked.

There is not enough loyalty in the game now and to see a lot of Liverpool fans branded as deluded in some quarters because they believed in their manager is a sad indictment of the modern game imo.

Edit: I think I got some dates slightly mixed up, changed.
              Last edited by 6starpool; 08-06-10, 23:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                These were the support act weren't they? Was tempted to get a ticket just to see them, no interest in RATM tbh but Gogol Bodello are
                legends

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elyQ4ShVw-Y
                Yeah they were savage, they need the right crowd though! Going to start downloading some of their stuff now. The other support act were The Gallows.. punk/metal no intrest in em.

Comment

Gogol Bordello are absolutely class. And that's despite being from the 00's, a band from the 00's being absolutely class is like an armless person winning olympic gold in swimming so fair play to them

Spain's second goal tonight. One of the best I've ever seen, spanish commentary unfortuantely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5QbQYJnRYA
                  I'd almost forgotten what a little balding pale faced genius Iniesta is, that goal is pure Xaviesta. Would be delighted to see him put a frustrating season behind him by producing his best and remaining fit at the world cup, once Argentina still win
                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                    quite happy to read all your usual shyte but:

fyp
                    so Blackburn were in Hillsbourogh also then. hit n run imo

kenny knew the era was over, I'll give him that.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                      Couldn't agree more.

Instant success is happening at Chelsea though and nice little sign of intentions just now Cole and Ballack released. Get the youth in and sign someone. Delighted to see the back of Cole. United should snap him up.
                      Both their contracts were up weren't they? Both are in for a joining fee wherever they land next so it wasn't likely they were going to stay at Chelsea.

I like Joe Cole, a very intelligent footballer. Injuries have been a problem though over the last couple of years.
                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Both their contracts were up weren't they? Both are in for a joining fee wherever they land next so it wasn't likely they were going to stay at Chelsea.

I like Joe Cole, a very intelligent footballer. Injuries have been a problem though over the last couple of years.
                        They were both offered contracts.

Cole a new 4 year deal on his 80k he has been getting. He wanted 100k+ because h is in England team like Lampard and Terry. Feck off.

Ballack wanted 2 year deal but was offered 12 months. This might have had a little wage cut but that is fair since he is paid in € and has cleaned up over the years. He wouldn't budge so it is bye bye.

Both are finished at top level. Cole is 100% done, people still love him but that is because he is a Chelsea fan and does flicks. Good servants but defo time to give youth a chance and this leaves space for that and a new signing. Love it

Keep Miroslav Stoch and sign Schwiensteiger and leave it at that and I am happy.

Comment

They won it in his seventh year at the club. It took Shankly five years. The culture of instant success and painting three defeats in a row as a crisis is one of the sillier aspects of modern football.
                          Shanks took over a club in the lower reaches of the 2nd division who were so bad they had been givin the nickname liddlepool due to one player single handedly keeping them going for years

dragging up shanks taking 5 years to do anything does your argument no favours imo

Classy!

Comment

Cole? Intelligent? Seriously?
                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Can you even begin to imagine the stress of being manager of Liverpool dring the Hillsborough era and what that would do to your head? I know I can't, but devastated as I was when he resigned, I came to understand that his head was not in the game anymore and he needed time out.

Comment

the old fergie chestnut. the last bastion of the rafa excuse boys

sure throw another decade on the logfire.

anyway done with this one, he's gone
                                You have this inability to listen to anyone else's point when it comes to football. I mean I have problems relating to Rafa but rarely those trotted out by the media and the old Fergie chestnut as you like to call it is trotted out because their are huge parallels. The difference being the guy had a bottomless pit on which to draw on to make a success of United.

This is a post which informed me on his spending and how badly he did in his early years with United.

way back in 1989 (some 20 years ago!) alex spent £13m on new signings as he was "building" a new united team..liverpool, in the previous 10 years hadnt spent as much.it was his 4th season at the club and as yet he hadnt won a thing. paul ince, neil webb, gary pallister (record fee for a defender) mike phelan and danny wallace ALL cost over £1m and in the case of pallister £2.2m. the combined outlay on new players took alexs spending to £13m. not alot now you would say, but just an example of how much money that was back then is the fact that michael knighton was on the verge of buying out martin edwards and buying the entire club and was priced £10m to buy the club.

so looking at that, if we are valued at £350m that would be say similar to rafa spending £430m on new players in one go today....

at the end of that season, we where champions, man ure finished 5 points above relegation and fergie only held onto his job because he managed to win the FA cup.

it bought him time, the following season, 1990-91 his spending went on,he won the cup winners cup, and it bought him more time.91-92 he won the league cup and finished runners up in the league..his spending continued with schmichael bought (his 6th GK in 6yrs!!) denis irwin and paul parker....however at the end of that season he was asked by gabriel clarke from ITV for "the match" magazine about his spending:

he was asked why after 6 seasons at old trafford he hadnt won the league yet, and yet had spent twice as money in that period to both liverpool and arsenal, and heres what he said:

"when Kenny Dalglish took over at Liverpool he inherited a good team from Joe Fagan, he only had to tinker with his team here and there. he also had a good 3-4 players that where coming through the reserves that where ready for the 1st team. when i arrived at old trafford i had to change the entire squad around. i had to spend big because i was building a team for the future, i had to start anew as so. i had to buy new, young players, players that would be with us for the next 5-7 years. i have overseen a complete overhaul of the playing staff so in doing that you do go through alot of players and money but we have also recouped money as well"

now hasnt rafa benitez had to do a similar job for us that alex talks here about some 20 years ago??

and alex talks about rafas spending since 2004, but is he forgetting that rio ferdinand his captain was signed 2 yrs before rafa arrived and at a staggering £30.2m!!..or that rooney cost him £28.6m the same summer rafa arrived??

rafa has spent big but has also recouped alot of money. he has also earned £80m+ from 2 CL finals and a semi final.people look at cisse bought for £14m and sold for £7m but are they forgetting that he was signed by houllier???

and are they forgetting that crouch was bought for £7m and sold for £12m??

that bellamy, palletta, gonzales,kronkamp,garcia,sissoko and others where all bought and sold at a profit??? (small as it may have been)

that any loss on players i.e keane, morientes, was within a couple of million whereas fergie bought veron in 01 for £28.7m and sold him for £15.5m!!!

that the spine of our team, reina,carragher,skertal,alonso,mascherano,gerrard and torres cost just under £60m????

man utd have spent that on berbatov and rooney alone!!!!!

has fergie forgotten that hargreaves, carrick and anderson ALL cost £18m+???

that rio ferdinand cost more than our entire back 5???

the day that man utd beat chelsea 3-0 i looked at their bench and couldnt believe this, nani and anderson cost them £32.5m, carrick cost them £18.5m, tevez WILL cost them £32m if they buy him and then rio at £30.m and hargreaves at £18.5m werent even in the squad due to injury!!!!
                                Opr
                                Last edited by Opr; 08-06-10, 23:33.

Comment

Does anyone where I can get HBO series streams? was thinking of giving Oz a go and my usual goto ninjavideo.net doesnt seem to carry any hbo

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                    Cole? Intelligent? Seriously?
                                    He was 3/4 years ago. Now its like he runs into corners and people. Once a player like that gets a bad injury thats it. You gotta be really talented to pull it off you're whole career.

Comment

Meah, I've always thought he completely lacked a football brain and for a guy as technically sound as he was his lack of ability to pick out a decent pass was what held him back from being a top top class player. With a football brain and his natural technique, which is clearly at a very very high level, he'd have been very good. He never created or did enough, imo ofc.

Comment

Originally posted by toHex View Post
                                        Does anyone where I can get HBO series streams? was thinking of giving Oz a go and my usual goto ninjavideo.net doesnt seem to carry any hbo
                                        quicksilverscreen.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, quicksilverscreen.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

You will never use ninjavideo again.
                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Yay, FT on two tournies on Stars right now..could be a good night One is a sat with a flat prize but I'm in for $8 and the seat value is $108 so pretty sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                            Shanks took over a club in the lower reaches of the 2nd division who were so bad they had been givin the nickname liddlepool due to one player single handedly keeping them going for years

dragging up shanks taking 5 years to do anything does your argument no favours imo

Classy!
                                            The point remains. People get overly fixated on a single season. Bad / disappointing seasons happen. The solution is not to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by J10spades View Post
                                              Yeah they were savage, they need the right crowd though! Going to start downloading some of their stuff now. The other support act were The Gallows.. punk/metal no intrest in em.
                                              Carl what the fuck are you doing at home after a rage gig!! should be out drinking and carousing!! Got offered a free ticket at 8.30 this evening, too late tho and the chicken kiev in the oven had to be eaten

Comment

fergie took 5 years to win the title so rafa should be given more time I seei t now, sorry opr et all I see the light now. How long should they have given him ? rafa

I do realise it's pointless having a different pov to the lol fans but sure there ya go lads,

i reckon the ostrich should be yer mascot.
                                                Last edited by Solskjaer; 08-06-10, 23:43.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                  Carl what the fuck are you doing at home after a rage gig!! should be out drinking and carousing!! Got offered a free ticket at 8.30 this evening, too late tho and the chicken kiev in the oven had to be eaten
                                                  True i have responsibilites though . Couldn't get around to doing your car man, not living in Walkinstown anymore. Ah it was a savage gigyou should have went. So weird being at the back being the spectator for once! Place was bouncing for two hours straight.

Comment

fergie took 5 years to win the title so rafa should be given more time I seei t now, sorry opr et all I see the light now. How long should they have given him ? rafa

I do realise it's pointless having a different pov to the lol fans but sure there ya go lads,

It took 7 years I think.

Your pov is not different its typical of most people looking at the Liverpool situation Liverpool fans included.

Opr
                                                    Last edited by Opr; 08-06-10, 23:54.

Comment

"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                        Meah, I've always thought he completely lacked a football brain and for a guy as technically sound as he was his lack of ability to pick out a decent pass was what held him back from being a top top class player. With a football brain and his natural technique, which is clearly at a very very high level, he'd have been very good. He never created or did enough, imo ofc.
                                                        I'm a huge fan of Joe Cole. I always thought he never really got the chance he deserved at Chelsea for tactical reasons. I'd say his biggest mistake was staying in England. In somewhere like Spain he'd have had the freedom to roam that he needs and could be devastating. Look how good he is for England every time he plays. There's no question he's a quality player, he just needs a manager who will let him play his own way.
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Good posting OPR and LL, Solskjaer you're so blinkered it's unreal.

Comment

LOL losing the argument imo ok sorry I was out by a year, Im going off memory here not google

what did rafa in 2005 have in common with a female strawberry picker with no legs

SPOILER
                                                            jammy cnuts

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              In his first 4 full seasons (when he spent big in comparison to most teams) he finished 2nd, 11th, 13th, 6th.

Surely 11th and 13th in consecutive seasons after finishing 2nd is a bit worse than finishing 7th for one season?

In the 5 seasons before Ferguson took charge utd finished 3rd, 3rd, 4th, 4th and 4th and 3 bad months was enough to see Ron Atkinson sacked.

There is not enough loyalty in the game now and to see a lot of Liverpool fans branded as deluded in some quarters because they believed in their manager is a sad indictment of the modern game imo.

Edit: I think I got some dates slightly mixed up, changed.
                                                              Benitez got 6 full seasons at Liverpool and this year they were worse then at anytime this decade.
                                                              People keep going on about net spend but Benitez spent something like £230 million on purchases. When you spend that sort of money it means you had plenty of chances to get it right. His purchases though over the last two summers were not good, Keane and Dossena didn't last long and they lost money on those two, Riera has been an epic failure, and Aquilani hardly played a game and didn't look at all good for most of the time that he did play.

Comment

Benitez got 6 full seasons at Liverpool and this year they were worse then at anytime this decade.
                                                                People keep going on about net spend but Benitez spent something like £230 million on purchases. When you spend that sort of money it means you had plenty of chances to get it right. His purchases though over the last two summers were not good, Keane and Dossena didn't last long and they lost money on those two, Riera has been an epic failure, and Aquilani hardly played a game and didn't look at all good for most of the time that he did play.
                                                                I take it you were watching a different player so. Good god, the disinformation is frightening at times.

Comment

making a nice comeback in the 4k on ipoker 2k up to 13k in 5 minutes at the 1,000/500 level

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                    It took 7 years I think.

Your pov is not different its typical of most people looking at the Liverpool situation Liverpool fans included.

Opr
                                                                    so my pov is typical not different, LOL. I'll use that one.

Comment

so my pov is typical not different, LOL. I'll use that one.
                                                                      Why the confused smiley? You have never contributed anything remotely original on the Benitez situation. You just constantly rehash the tabloid media / TV punditry consensus on the matter. Surely you realise this?

Comment

for those of you who plan on playing the World Cup Fantasy ... only 2 days left.. Easy money if you know your stuff

You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

This is pretty quality

Comment

I take it you were watching a different player so. Good god, the disinformation is frightening at times.
                                                                            I seen him play 5 games for Liverpool and wasn't impressed at all. How many games did he play?

Comment

Why the confused smiley? You have never contributed anything remotely original on the Benitez situation. You just constantly rehash the tabloid media / TV punditry consensus on the matter. Surely you realise this?
                                                                              mr american cliche calls me unoriginal,

is it my fault my opinion is considered by others, get off yer feckig high horse. What original post have you made on the subject that is also not prevalent on most feckng footie forums.

sure did you not call the opinion tripe, who the feck are you to call anyone opinion tripe, writing fecking soundbites to make your points, LOL

the confused smiley is my opinion IS different , what a useless point to make and thank.

I also love ACDC is it ok if the media agree with me. LMAO

let you guys have the last word, have to wonder though if my pov is so unoriginal why do people spend so much time correcting it. been done no ?
                                                                              Last edited by Solskjaer; 09-06-10, 00:31.

Comment

starting to motor 6/29 atm

Comment

that rio ferdinand cost more than our entire back 5???
                                                                                  From the article posted by opr.

Benitez has spent £50 million on the Liverpool defense since he got there.

United have spent £33 million over the same time period including the purchases of Patrice Evra, Nemanja Vidic, the twins, the two sub goalkeepers and £10 million they spent in January on Chris Smalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony3004 View Post
                                                                                    for those of you who plan on playing the World Cup Fantasy ... only 2 days left.. Easy money if you know your stuff

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ead.php?t=3968
                                                                                    /Donator

Comment

I seen him play 5 games for Liverpool and wasn't impressed at all. How many games did he play?
                                                                                      The guy will be a success and I have seen enough of him to know this. I tell you what I will bet my IPB access on this against yours ?

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
                                                                                        starting to motor 6/29 atm
                                                                                        New SN? I'll rail for a few before KO'ing

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                          The guy will be a success and I have seen enough of him to know this. I tell you what I will bet my IPB access on this against yours ?

Opr
                                                                                          Lol, no thanks. And he might be a success now under a different coach which doesn't mean he would have succeeded under Benitez.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                            New SN? I'll rail for a few before KO'ing
                                                                                            no im playing on the old pp acc, darseanpaul on paddy thx emmet

Comment

United have spent £33 million over the same time period including the purchases of Patrice Evra, Nemanja Vidic, the twins, the two sub goalkeepers and £10 million they spent in January on Chris Smalling.
                                                                                              Utd youth system has obviously helped there, and the fact that a £30m defender was already in place there as well. Under Houllier Liverpools youth system had become neglected and decayed, and it was only in the last 18 months that Rafa got control over the youth system at Anfield.

You also disregard the fact that utd had a defence that was part of numerous title winning sides at the start of rafas reign, whereas Rafa had one that was leaking more goals than that, albeit it wasn't the defence that was the main problem for Liverpool.

Comment

still short but lol

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 11 Tournament, 1250/2500 Blinds 250 Ante (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP2 (t243436)
                                                                                                CO (t251727)
                                                                                                Button (t181539)
                                                                                                SB (t46574)
                                                                                                BB (t336896)
                                                                                                Hero (UTG) (t21627)
                                                                                                MP1 (t57925)

Hero's M: 3.93

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9, 8
                                                                                                Hero bets t21377 (All-In), 3 folds, Button calls t21377, 2 folds

Flop: (t48254) 4, 8, 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t48254) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t48254) 4 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t48254

Results:
                                                                                                Button had 9, A (two pair, eights and fours).
                                                                                                Hero had 9, 8 (full house, eights over fours).
                                                                                                Outcome: Hero won t48254

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  Utd youth system has obviously helped there, and the fact that a £30m defender was already in place there as well. Under Houllier Liverpools youth system had become neglected and decayed, and it was only in the last 18 months that Rafa got control over the youth system at Anfield.

You also disregard the fact that utd had a defence that was part of numerous title winning sides at the start of rafas reign, whereas Rafa had one that was leaking more goals than that.
                                                                                                  Ah come on now, Rafa also inherited Carragher, Hypia, Riise and Finnan.

The season prior to Rafa taking over Liverpool conceded 37 goals, United 35.

Comment

Yeah Gogol Bordello were class. They were worth price of admission alone. Got soaked with wine thrown by the lead singer though! Gonna listen to more of their stuff tomorrow!

No interest in the Gallows. Listened to some of their stuff last night to see if I'd like it and it was a no.

Rage were obv awesome. 3rd time seeing them now. Played this song and I was v happy:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9Eck6rox0s[/ame]
                                                                                                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Rafa is a huge loss, I only hope they manage to talk King Kenny into signing on for another stint and then give him all the time in the world to get things right.

Comment

nice time to go card dead!

Comment

The Rafa - Lolerpool relationship had run its course. He will likely to on to be quite successful at Inter. He has his good and bad points. He's a good tactician, and he micromanages like Mourinho does. But unlike Mourinho he hasn't got the same charisma and man management skills. So he's kind of like a boss who knows what he's doing but whose leadership doesn't necessarily get the best out of people.

The transfers at Liverpool have been poor in recent times imo. Rafa seems quite like Mourinho in terms of general approach to the game, but with poor choices of left winger and an apparent underappreciation of the importance of attacking full backs in that system it never worked out as well as it might have. Mourinho would have sold Torres to purchase the needed players in those positions imo.

Rafa's last gasp attempt at buying Johnson was weird. All the time he spent making his fullbacks defend and then goes and splashes hugely on a full back who isn't very good at defending. Rafa had lost his desire / the plot by then. You can't complain about N'Gog being your back up striker if you choose to spend, what was it, £17m on Johnson?

Nah, they had to part ways. Liverpool could do with a young British manager with passion imo, actually think it will be boring if they get another tactical European who will lose out to tactical Europeans with better teams and more money at Chelsea and Man City.

Comment

I have the utmost respect for Ferguson as a manager the article was merely meant to illustrate the time and money it took for him to turn the club around. Comparing an already established defense on which he just adding, to one that Benitez was trying to overall is silly.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                              The Rafa - Lolerpool conversation has run its course.
                                                                                                              fyp

Last edited by Emmet; 09-06-10, 00:54.

Comment

Anyways I'm off to watch the Celtics hopefully take a 2-1 lead in the finals. Gogogo Rajon Rondo and the big 3.

Comment

gotta love a frenchie who keeps raising light when you have position

Comment

Oh and if Zuutroy is about, I just read that Stephen Strasbourg is doing something special against the Pirates if you are interested. I'd love to watch it but not tonight.

Comment

Anyways I'm off to watch the Celtics hopefully take a 2-1 lead in the finals. Gogogo Rajon Rondo and the big 3.
                                                                                                                      Same here, can't wait for it, although Paul Pierce has a habit of being a cocky tosser in the media, he said after game 2 that they wouldn't need to return to LA (ie Boston gonna win 3 games straight for the ship). As much as I love Rondo and Ray Allen, I'd really prefer to see Garnett go off and be a beast again, the guy wants it so much.

Comment

screw you guys, one time lakers!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                          The Rafa - Lolerpool relationship had run its course. He will likely to on to be quite successful at Inter. He has his good and bad points. He's a good tactician, and he micromanages like Mourinho does. But unlike Mourinho he hasn't got the same charisma and man management skills. So he's kind of like a boss who knows what he's doing but whose leadership doesn't necessarily get the best out of people.

The transfers at Liverpool have been poor in recent times imo. Rafa seems quite like Mourinho in terms of general approach to the game, but with poor choices of left winger and an apparent underappreciation of the importance of attacking full backs in that system it never worked out as well as it might have. Mourinho would have sold Torres to purchase the needed players in those positions imo.

Rafa's last gasp attempt at buying Johnson was weird. All the time he spent making his fullbacks defend and then goes and splashes hugely on a full back who isn't very good at defending. Rafa had lost his desire / the plot by then. You can't complain about N'Gog being your back up striker if you choose to spend, what was it, £17m on Johnson?

Nah, they had to part ways. Liverpool could do with a young British manager with passion imo, actually think it will be boring if they get another tactical European who will lose out to tactical Europeans with better teams and more money at Chelsea and Man City.

That nearly tops everything Solskjaer has said in terms of comedic value tbh.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X