Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If anybody is interested i have a tip for a horse in the 5.15 today at leopardstown called Hassanali from a very good source, back it ew, sorry i put this up so late a fell asleep for an hour or two

Comment

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1HSNV9y25A&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Decent Baa Baa's stream anyone?

Iraqgoals is pretty shite

Comment

I am giving up on all horse racing tips I am getting from this forum. Down €400 this week just from here
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
            I am giving up on all horse racing tips I am getting from this forum. Down €400 this week just from here
            the last tip was placed the darren said to back it e/w so what are you complaining about now

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
              the last tip was placed the darren said to back it e/w so what are you complaining about now
              I clicked thanks

Only winner I got from forum this week, just wanted a rant as all footie/horse racing tips I get from here make me lose

Think I'm gonna make a list of good tipsters from here and only follow them
              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                Just down in the local Tesco this morning, as needed some shaving kit. They had a 'world cup special' on Gillette Fusion at £2 for the shaver and a blade. Problem is it had an English flag engrained at the top of it.

Just couldn't do it.

About to find out, but I'm guessing the BIC razors still leave you looking like you slashed yourself? A price worth paying obv to avoid the flag, but hopefully their technology has advanced slightly over the years!
                I thought you were a fellow safety razor user?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmM79YadYM&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

the jockey gave the horse a very bad ride, he had the horse 20 lenghts off the pace and he was flying at the finish

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                    I thought you were a fellow safety razor user?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmM7...eature=related
                    Why anyone would bother with those badger brushes, soap, safety razor, shave in 3 directions is beyond me...get it over and done with the faster the better i say, fecking hate shaving.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

it actually becomes enjoyable and a way better shave too. doesn't take all that much longer either once you get the hang of it.

Comment

Im just home from our local derby champo game. The game finished in a draw. our opponents Kicked a ball wide in the last minute (by at least 2 foot) but the umpire put up his flag. Naturally we went crazy. The ref went into talk to the umpire and while this was going on all the players were pointing to the linesman who had his flag up. The linesman had the clearest view of the incident as he was right behind it. The ref had brought both linesmen and umpires. The ref refused to talk to his linesman and despite the protests awarded the point.

This is a fcuking joke tbh - we have been training 4 days a week for the last 5 months to be cheated like that. Im fookin sickened.

Its just not fair

Comment

Two lessons about England today - Shaun Wright-Phillips playing on the left wing is lolbad. The second is that Joe Cole fits perfectly into this team.

I really think England should go with a 4-5-1 with Barry playing the holding role and Joe Cole on the left, coming inside and allowing Ashley to get forward. This would allow Lampard and Gerrard to do what they do best, while they can bring Crouch on and switch back to 4-4-2 if they need a late goal.

I know Crouch hates being on the bench, but he really is the perfect impact sub, and his record for England is impressive. International defenders just don't know what to do with him.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say if the manager gets it right, England will waltz into the semi-finals of this World Cup (where they'll lose to Germany on penalties).
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                            (where they'll lose to Germany on penalties).
                            Stick it up your gash.
                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Oh and the League 2 playoff this afternoon was a thriller. Anyone catch it?
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I predict the team that wins the WC plays 4-4-2.

I think England losing today would not have been a good thing, if they can't focus for the world cup they deserve to go out. Victories no matter how achieved do build up a feeling of invincibility so a defeat to Japan would be a BAD thing. England need to realise they have to play at a quick tempo especially agianst the better teams, letting Spain for example sit on the ball would be a huge mistake. Wayne Rooney is HUGE for them, keep him well and it's the quarters at a canter.

The yanks will scare one or two but sure Ireland could beat them. I reckong England -2 goalsi s a great bet. I'd say 3-0 4-0 to England.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                  Im just home from our local derby champo game. The game finished in a draw. our opponents Kicked a ball wide in the last minute (by at least 2 foot) but the umpire put up his flag. Naturally we went crazy. The ref went into talk to the umpire and while this was going on all the players were pointing to the linesman who had his flag up. The linesman had the clearest view of the incident as he was right behind it. The ref had brought both linesmen and umpires. The ref refused to talk to his linesman and despite the protests awarded the point.

This is a fcuking joke tbh - we have been training 4 days a week for the last 5 months to be cheated like that. Im fookin sickened.

Its just not fair
                                  The GAA is such a lol organisation in so many respects. That said, soccer officiating at an equivalent level (top leagues of AUL /UCFL / Leinster Senior / etc) would leave a lot to be desired also.
                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Question for people playing Steps on FTP.

What game do you find "best" at Step 2.

I was playing the 6max turbo single table at Step 1 but these don't seem to fill at step 2.
                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

I trust Capello. Therefore I don't expect to see Walcott starting against USA.

If I were in charge Heskey would play. I'm not saying that I would sleep well at night about it, but he would play. Heskey made England tick in the qualifiers, and the difference when he isn't playing is huge, irrespective of whether he's "playing well."

Look, Heskey never actually plays well, he's a lump. But the system and style of player England has seems to suit having a lump to pump it up to. Crouch is a poll, not a lump (rookie football error to confuse the two ) and doesn't do what Heskey does. Rooney isn't going to link up well in a good partnership with any of the other strikers anyway. Rooney wants a lump imo.

James
                                      Johnson (unfortunately) Terry King Cole
                                      Lennon Barry Lampard Gerard
                                      Heskey Rooney

For me. Although if Rio is fit and actually playing properly I have no qualms about him. Gerard doesn't really play as a proper left winger in that system, and it gives Cole the chance to bomb forward on the overlap.

I thought England had a great chance this time last year. Now I can see them being beaten by half a dozen teams.

If Barry isn't fit then Capello is too smart to play Lampard and Gerard as a middle 2 in a 442 imo. They don't work together in that position, never have. I suppose Carrick gets the slot.

Comment

All knowing bbv thread i need advice. Got a new phillips blu-ray dvd divx ultra player but it wouldnt read my dvd-rw disc. I reg'd it but it made no difference 'unknown disc' is the error prompt. The content is downloaded .avi's
                                        So i got my money back and buy an LG dvd player with divx without the 'certified' and 'ultra' but i still have the same problem 'unknown disc'. Ive tried it with several dvd-rw discs that work on the last divx player.
                                        Any ideas how i can get it to read dvd-rw discs? dead parrot or anyone?
                                        Last edited by rounders123; 30-05-10, 17:34.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                          The GAA is such a lol organisation in so many respects. That said, soccer officiating at an equivalent level (top leagues of AUL /UCFL / Leinster Senior / etc) would leave a lot to be desired also.
                                          at least we idnt lock him in the boot of the car....

Comment

Blaaaaah selling WSOP %'s

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                              Question for people playing Steps on FTP.

What game do you find "best" at Step 2.

I was playing the 6max turbo single table at Step 1 but these don't seem to fill at step 2.
                                              9mans definitely

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                I trust Capello. Therefore I don't expect to see Walcott starting against USA.

If I were in charge Heskey would play. I'm not saying that I would sleep well at night about it, but he would play. Heskey made England tick in the qualifiers, and the difference when he isn't playing is huge, irrespective of whether he's "playing well."

Look, Heskey never actually plays well, he's a lump. But the system and style of player England has seems to suit having a lump to pump it up to. Crouch is a poll, not a lump (rookie football error to confuse the two ) and doesn't do what Heskey does. Rooney isn't going to link up well in a good partnership with any of the other strikers anyway. Rooney wants a lump imo.

James
                                                Johnson (unfortunately) Terry King Cole
                                                Lennon Barry Lampard Gerard
                                                Heskey Rooney

For me. Although if Rio is fit and actually playing properly I have no qualms about him. Gerard doesn't really play as a proper left winger in that system, and it gives Cole the chance to bomb forward on the overlap.

I thought England had a great chance this time last year. Now I can see them being beaten by half a dozen teams.

If Barry isn't fit then Capello is too smart to play Lampard and Gerard as a middle 2 in a 442 imo. They don't work together in that position, never have. I suppose Carrick gets the slot.
                                                Since when did David James become England no.1. I think he is no.3 after recent performances, Hart had done really well. Green is no.1 right now thouhg.
                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                  Am i reading that right, 25% mark up

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                    yeah thats a huge mark up, i dont think anybody has that much of an edge in those events imo

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                      So i got my money back and buy an LG dvd player with divx without the 'certified' and 'ultra' but i still have the same problem 'unknown disc'. Ive tried it with several dvd-rw discs that work on the last divx player.
                                                      Any ideas how i can get it to read dvd-rw discs? dead parrot or anyone?
                                                      Rarely use discs anymore so doubt I'll be much help. Is it a LG DVX482H? If so it's possible when you recorded the disc you didn't finalize it. This needs to be done on DVD-R/RWs. Also I know mine won't play HD content, even though it's HD upscaling
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                        Rarely use discs anymore so doubt I'll be much help. Is it a LG DVX482H? If so it's possible when you recorded the disc you didn't finalize it. This needs to be done on DVD-R/RWs. Also I know mine won't play HD content, even though it's HD upscaling
                                                        Upscaling means it takes SD content and applies some cleverness to it to improve the picture quality. It was never going to play anything HD.

Anyway, anyone not buying a PS3 to play media is failing epically.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                          When the qualifiers finished up I was full of confidence, they were looking brilliant and there was a certain swagger and desire there that has been missing from England in recent times.
                                                          The friendlies have dampened my hopes a tad, there's obviously alot of tinkering from the manager and I trust he knows what he's doing but I just hope to see that swagger back by the time the USA game rolls around.
                                                          That game will tell alot as to their chances.

I have to agree with eagle eye, I have Green as no1 keeper for sure,but I think James is behind him and Hart is third choice.
                                                          We're in good shape in goal anyway I think, any injury there and we won't be weakening the team by bringing in a replacement.
                                                          We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                            Anyway, anyone not buying a PS3 to play media is failing epically.
                                                            I'm a belt and braces kind of person when it comes to players in general. Always have at least 2 other possibilities, in case the PS3 gives up the ghost

Comment

Bent is a million times better than Heskey.
                                                              Heskey is a useless stocking of shite.
                                                              Let's be honest, its laughable he is a premiership footballer.
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You could be onto something, its a DVX492H No i didnt finalize how do i finalize it after burning?.

Comment

You could be onto something, its a DVX492H No i didnt finalize how do i finalize it after burning?.
                                                                  Er, you've got me there. I just remember it being given as an option the last time I burned a disc ages ago.

Comment

Er, you've got me there. I just remember it being given as an option the last time I burned a disc ages ago.
                                                                    No problem its just someone here says oh yeah i remember something abbout having to finalize before.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      But that's not the point, the fact is that Bent and Rooney aren't compatible whereas the 'lump' (c. hotspur) are.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                        Since when did David James become England no.1. I think he is no.3 after recent performances, Hart had done really well. Green is no.1 right now thouhg.
                                                                        It wasn't a prediction, it's what I would play. Capello will play Green, won't play King, and probably won't play Heskey.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
                                                                          yeah thats a huge mark up, i dont think anybody has that much of an edge in those events imo
                                                                          What would a normal mark up be like 5-10%?
                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                            What would a normal mark up be like 5-10%?
                                                                            yeah around the 10% mark

Comment

No problem its just someone here says oh yeah i remember something abbout having to finalize before.
                                                                              Have you tried just using usb sticks. I've found they load a lot faster on that LG than they used to on my old silvercrest one. Also the picture quality is better on it from usb's than from legit dvds. In fact it's an absolutely terrible dvd player.

Comment

Have you tried just using usb sticks. I've found they load a lot faster on that LG than they used to on my old silvercrest one. Also the picture quality is better on it from usb's than from legit dvds. In fact it's an absolutely terrible dvd player.
                                                                                Yeah it says it has usb playback but it wont recognise any files on the usb either

Comment

at least we idnt lock him in the boot of the car....
                                                                                  Dont mock it til you try it. Gets the job done imo
                                                                                  "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

AFAIR, in my computer right click drive, click eject and it asks.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                      Was just up at Lazares market there, some nice stuff and well priced. Recommend it if anyone is around the area. Also prob shouldn't say this but if that is Mrs Lazare on the till VWP Sir. This sandfire better taste good in my curry now!!
                                                                                      lol, cheers Ste, I didn't see you there although I was away handing out flyers outside a church for an hour.

I guess you're talking about Julia, blonde girl on the fruit and veg stall?

Nah, she's not my wife.

My wife is pretty hot though
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                                                                                        Dont mock it til you try it. Gets the job done imo
                                                                                        I felt like doing an awful lot worse its such a waste of 4 months hard training to be cheated like that. Im glad I walked away though I heard his car was damaged and he got death threats which is disgusting tbf

Comment

Yeah it says it has usb playback but it wont recognise any files on the usb either
                                                                                          Mine wont recognise files on my USB if they are .mkv or similar,I have to look for files that are in .avi

If you find a format that works best you can convert most formats at anyvideoconvertor.com

I agree with Collie,USB is the easiest,imo
                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

2moro will be interesting in the WW game...

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
                                                                                              yeah around the 10% mark
                                                                                              I can understand the mark up but a way over the top mark up seems crazy, but then again he can play has had some great results so if he can get it and people are willing to pay it, go for it i suppose.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                              lol, cheers Ste, I didn't see you there although I was away handing out flyers outside a church for an hour.

I guess you're talking about Julia, blonde girl on the fruit and veg stall?

Nah, she's not my wife.

My wife is pretty hot though
                                                                                              I can vouch for this jammie fucker he is
                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

New series Genius of Britain on C4 at 9 about history of British sciencey type people wot are clever n stuff seems like it might be watchable.

Comment

Bent has one talent and thats scoring goals. He can't do anything else though. He does not possess any other soccer skills.
                                                                                                  As footballers Emile Heskey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bent
                                                                                                  As goalscorers Bent >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Heskey

You can't compare the two they are just so different but as far as England is concerned Heskey is far more useful than Bent. He will open it up for Rooney, Lampard, Gerard and others. Bent has to have the ball put in front of him to score and he won't help others to get goals.
                                                                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                    But that's not the point, the fact is that Bent and Rooney aren't compatible whereas the 'lump' (c. hotspur) are.
                                                                                                    Bent is a goalscorer, Heskey isnt. While playing the target is not one of his main strengths, he offers more than simply that. Heskey cannot finish, cannot beat a man, isnt capable of a clever pass. Bent can do all this a lot better than Heskey. No I'm not saying he is a world class player but he offers a fuller package that someone to toss the ball to and hope it bounces favourably off him. More than this, England shouldnt have a Lump, play Gerrard behind Rooney and have options on the bench that can score.
                                                                                                    The status quo of a 'lump' to hold the ball up and pass to the talented striker is terribly outdated and it is ridiculous that English mentality and apparently a lot here believe it is the most effective way to win the WC.
                                                                                                    It is effectively a waste of a player.
                                                                                                    The big man little man combo(not that rooney is a traditional little man) works when the big man can score and is capable of using the ball
                                                                                                    Shearer and Sutton worked because of this.
                                                                                                    England should be aiming for more of a Daglish Rush type combo.
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                      As footballers Emile Heskey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bent
                                                                                                      thats preposterous

Comment

Well today made the hurling championship very very interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                          by that do you mean that waterford might have a chance of winning something this year

Comment

by that do you mean that waterford might have a chance of winning something this year
                                                                                                            lol even if we do get to the Munster Final (far from certain)I shudder thinking what Eye-saki could do to our fullback line.

We live in hope though! Waterford v Cork renewing their rivalry would make for a great game I feel. 2004 all over again too much to hope for?

EDIT - Tipp floating around the qualifiers means a potentially mightmare game for the losers of the Leinster final (Galway/Kilkenny), and given Galways form and Kilkenny's slow burner start it could get trickier than thought for the cats

Comment

lol even if we do get to the Munster Final (far from certain)I shudder thinking what Eye-saki could do to our fullback line.

We live in hope though! Waterford v Cork renewing their rivalry would make for a great game I feel. 2004 all over again too much to hope for?
                                                                                                              no not too much to hope for at all - I have a bit of a gra for waterford hurling you have to love the passion. cork may have the players to get up high but they have to come down some time

also lol cork people etc etc

Comment

Fabio Capello walks into the dressing room and can see a massive pile of shit on the floor he asks in his best English "whos shit on da ground??".
                                                                                                                Emile Heskey jumps up and says "I am boss but I'm good in the air,honest!"

The old'uns are the best

Comment

Nope I'm from Limerick we are fucked either way

Comment

Bent is a goalscorer, Heskey isnt. While playing the target is not one of his main strengths, he offers more than simply that. Heskey cannot finish, cannot beat a man, isnt capable of a clever pass. Bent can do all this a lot better than Heskey. No I'm not saying he is a world class player but he offers a fuller package that someone to toss the ball to and hope it bounces favourably off him. More than this, England shouldnt have a Lump, play Gerrard behind Rooney and have options on the bench that can score.
                                                                                                                    The status quo of a 'lump' to hold the ball up and pass to the talented striker is terribly outdated and it is ridiculous that English mentality and apparently a lot here believe it is the most effective way to win the WC.
                                                                                                                    It is effectively a waste of a player.
                                                                                                                    The big man little man combo(not that rooney is a traditional little man) works when the big man can score and is capable of using the ball
                                                                                                                    Shearer and Sutton worked because of this.
                                                                                                                    England should be aiming for more of a Daglish Rush type combo.
                                                                                                                    Look I don't care what you think of Heskey but Darren Bent can't pass a ball to save his life, the only way he can beat a player is in a foot race for the ball, put the ball at his feet with a player he has to beat to score and you won't see a goal.
                                                                                                                    Emile Heskey is well able to play football too. He has been playing up top knocking balls down at Villa and for England but if you seen him at Wigan where he played down the left you would know he has still has plenty of football talent.

Imo Darren Bent shouldn't be near that England Squad, I'd have Zamora, Carlton Cole and Gabby Agbonlahor ahead of him too.

Comment

WW game down to the wire WP all, not playing the next one, its LOLhard work.

Comment

people sell with up to 30% mark up to live events all the time over on 2p2,

as he said if you don't agree with it, don't buy and if people don't buy mark up will go down
                                                                                                                        Last edited by DrJFF; 30-05-10, 20:11. Reason: forgot sumit
                                                                                                                        http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                          lol, you clearly don't know a whole lot about the US football team on the basis of the above post. Their defense is the weakest area of the team by a decent margin, and is compensated for by good goalkeeping, set pieces and excellent workrate and organisation throughout the team as a whole.

As for Adu? He was never seriously in contention to make the final 23. He is a complete beaten docket at this point. He has only played a relative handful of games at senior level (club and international) over the past four years, and contributed little or no production in them. He is lucky to still be earning money from the game to be honest.

Beasley probably shouldn't have gone either, but he made his 15 or so games at club level last year at a much higher level than Adu, and he has done it in key games for the US in the past. He provides an option, but I don't believe he will see much if any game time during the tournament.
                                                                                                                          There is no excuse for bringing Beasley over Adu, and lol @ you saying he is a beaten docket at 20 years of age. Adu only went to Aris in January and played really well for them.
                                                                                                                          Anyways thats neither here not there, the US team just sit back and try and soak up pressure and try and counter, thats not going to work against top sides in the World Cup. I will be surprised if they 3 points, I expect them to end up on 1 or 0, that all depends on the Algerians. The US and Algerians have similar standard squads so its hard to call who will win that game.

The will be easily beaten by England, and Serbia.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X