This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad but persistent 12 year old matador.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RssIeJ4aPZA&feature=channel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RssIeJ4aPZA&feature=channel[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
      yeah, but what about if we sent someone good?
      lol Shane. Do you honestly believe U2 aren't (at least) a good act? Reach deep within your hateful soul young man, and try to honestly think about their abilities as a live act. Even if they haven't released a truly decent album in 9 years or so. Kids these days I'll tell ya.
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
        So the "neighbour" effect was still very much in play for Germany.
        It's more the "emigrant" effect, according to some euros I work with. People move around a lot on the mainland. If the US and oz voted we would do much better.

Comment

Japan!!

Comment

Did they really describe the Japanese scorer as 'inscrutable'.

Comment

Italy pulled out of the Eurovision a few years ago because of the voting,we should do the same its a joke at this stage.

Another option would be to get Wales,Scotland,Norther Ireland,England & the Isle of Man to enter separately and play those dirty eastern European's at there own game.

www.irishkop.com Twitter = @Irish_Kop Facebook = Irishkop.com

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                Did they really describe the Japanese scorer as 'inscrutable'.
                any decent streams for this

edit: nevermind found it on itv lol

Comment

its on itv chips

Can get itv on the computer with that very easily

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                    its on itv chips

Can get itv on the computer with that very easily
                    i have it up on tv now just didnt check itv earlier is all

Comment

The only way it returns to an even somewhat credible competition is to bring back jury voting.

And if we really want to win, bring back that rule that countries had to sing in their native language.

Comment

Neighbour average: 8 points.
                        Germany scored 198 points from the other 33 nations, averaging 6 points from every non bordering nation. So the "neighbour" effect was still very much in play for Germany.
                        Which means that the 'neighbour bonus' for Germany is only around 12-15 points.
                        Our 'neighbour bonus' is about 4/6 points from the UK.
                        And Russias is clearly > 50 points.

But Germany have proved that you can break through this with the right song/artiste.

Comment

lol Shane. Do you honestly believe U2 aren't (at least) a good act? Reach deep within your hateful soul young man, and try to honestly think about their abilities as a live act. Even if they haven't released a truly decent album in 9 years or so. Kids these days I'll tell ya.
                          Whatever about their music, as individual artists for a start they're probably just about the worst people from a major rock band on their instruments.

I've never seen U2 live, but c'mon i've been to metallica and roger waters, and a bunch of other people, I doubt they're gonna impress me anyway!

My sister is a huge fan, but honestly i don't see it at all.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                              Just down in the local Tesco this morning, as needed some shaving kit. They had a 'world cup special' on Gillette Fusion at £2 for the shaver and a blade. Problem is it had an English flag engrained at the top of it.

Just couldn't do it.

About to find out, but I'm guessing the BIC razors still leave you looking like you slashed yourself? A price worth paying obv to avoid the flag, but hopefully their technology has advanced slightly over the years!
                              I always thought you were English. Apologies, my bad!

Comment

lennon should of buried that..

Comment

The only way it returns to an even somewhat credible competition is to bring back jury voting.

And if we really want to win, bring back that rule that countries had to sing in their native language.
                                  lol, we'd be rightly fooked then.

Comment

Had to have a bet yesterday to release a world cup bonus yoke

Didn't see much I fancied, could have put in Sligo Rovers against bray(5-1) but no, I put it on England to beat Japan

horrible shitty sweat for next 70 mins just to get my money back

Warning :contains swearing, rubbish graphics and an audience of droolers
                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYDvuCv_pQQ[/ame]

Comment

Just down in the local Tesco this morning, as needed some shaving kit. They had a 'world cup special' on Gillette Fusion at £2 for the shaver and a blade. Problem is it had an English flag engrained at the top of it.

Just couldn't do it.

About to find out, but I'm guessing the BIC razors still leave you looking like you slashed yourself? A price worth paying obv to avoid the flag, but hopefully their technology has advanced slightly over the years!
                                      I remember in primary school a lad wearing Reebok Classics in to PE, and other kids in the class giving out to him cause they had the Union Jack on them.

He had Asics the next week!

We were only about 8!

Comment

Whatever about their music, as individual artists for a start they're probably just about the worst people from a major rock band on their instruments.

I've never seen U2 live, but c'mon i've been to metallica and roger waters, and a bunch of other people, I doubt they're gonna impress me anyway!

My sister is a huge fan, but honestly i don't see it at all.
                                        U2 are one of the best live acts I've ever seen. And I've gone to a lot of live acts, seen some awesome bands at all ends of the scale etc, etc - AND I'm really not a big fan of a rake of U2 albums.

They just have "it", whatever "it" is.
                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Just couldn't do it.

Always thought you'd bought into the 'English gentleman thing' - Spend 20 years in education, a few years as an underling in the diplomatic services, then retire to some backwater in the West Indies and be the alcoholic fixture in some local bar - a comforting bit of familiarity for the English tourist and a draw for the locals who suspect you might be Lord something-or-other. Kind of thing I fancy David Niven or Peter O'Toole would secretly have liked to do.

Comment

How did Norway win last year ? Scanide power alone. Naaaw, was a great song our song whilst performed well was too dated. Solid is boring now for the young euros. My other hlaf, a Euro loved NK but hated the song . We need some up tempo number.

feck U2 send ovr the republic of loose, they'd bring it home. Baltics would love em.

Comment

Theo Walcott and Darren Bent are not even close to international standard in a top nation.

If Walcott starts ahead of Lennon on the right against the USA, it will be a travesty.

Comment

Send this looper to eurovision, see what de fareners make of him

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS0qBsOQZXg[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_SZL4UGoM&NR=1[/ame]

Comment

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

It really is all about Rooney.

Glen Johnson is so average it hurts.
                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                      Theo Walcott and Darren Bent are not even close to international standard in a top nation.

If Walcott starts ahead of Lennon on the right against the USA, it will be a travesty.
                                                      Bent is an interesting case tbh. The right thing is to drop him in lieu of Heskey, because while he would score more goals, he just can't cut it at the top level in terms of his general link play. Heskey is a much better foil for Rooney because he provides a genuine target for direct balls from deep.

I have said it before - if Walcott manages to get into the starting 11 for the world cup then you can rest assured that England don't have the requisite quality to win the competition.

As an aside, I watched the US play the Czech Republic (2 - 4 starting a few players dropped in the final cut) and Turkey (2 - 1 coming back from a goal down) this week. I think they can give England a right run for their money. They've organised a much tougher run of games coming into the tournament, and will have zero complacency about themselves as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                                        It really is all about Rooney.

Glen Johnson is so average it hurts.

Comment

If England win the world cup i will hit a pair of my jocks 'FACT'.
                                                          ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                          I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            Always thought you'd bought into the 'English gentleman thing' - Spend 20 years in education, a few years as an underling in the diplomatic services, then retire to some backwater in the West Indies and be the alcoholic fixture in some local bar - a comforting bit of familiarity for the English tourist and a draw for the locals who suspect you might be Lord something-or-other. Kind of thing I fancy David Niven or Peter O'Toole would secretly have liked to do.
                                                            LOL,maybe he could find a nice hotel in Torquay...

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney333 View Post
                                                              If England win the world cup i will hit a pair of my jocks 'FACT'.
                                                              beat them jocks good,son

Comment

Forgot your the local soccer sage. I'll stay quiet from now on.
                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Bent is an interesting case tbh. The right thing is to drop him in lieu of Heskey, because while he would score more goals, he just can't cut it at the top level in terms of his general link play. Heskey is a much better foil for Rooney because he provides a genuine target for direct balls from deep.

I have said it before - if Walcott manages to get into the starting 11 for the world cup then you can rest assured that England don't have the requisite quality to win the competition.

As an aside, I watched the US play the Czech Republic (2 - 4 starting a few players dropped in the final cut) and Turkey (2 - 1 coming back from a goal down) this week. I think they can give England a right run for their money. They've organised a much tougher run of games coming into the tournament, and will have zero complacency about themselves as a result.
                                                                  Gerrard should start off Rooney, and England should revert to 4-5-1 when not in posession. They get over-run by some of the good passing teams, so will need the extra bodies.

Nearly every player would benefit from this imo, Johnson will be able to get forward more and will benefit from the extra cover.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                    Gerrard should start off Rooney, and England should revert to 4-5-1 when not in posession. They get over-run by some of the good passing teams, so will need the extra bodies.

Nearly every player would benefit from this imo, Johnson will be able to get forward more and will benefit from the extra cover.
                                                                    Can't disagree with that. Virtually none of the top sides in world football use 4 - 4 - 2 these days anyway.

Comment

Lampard Gerrard both in CM is madness unless you have another player playing behind them in a 4-5-1. Opta stats prove neither control a game enough justify putting both there. Better teams will destroy them with this line up.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

By the way, it has to be remembered that the better coached world cup sides will be coming to the end of grueling physical training sessions this weekend. Any well organised outfit will have been doing a ton of running and weights over the past two weeks, winding down to technical / tactics based sessions once they get to South Africa. As a consequence, players will be very flat physically at the moment, as the objective is to peak for the first group game.

The US looked nonexplosive this week but it was noted by the players and media following them that they have been run into the ground in the 30 man training camp. Probably the same thing for England today.

Comment

Great save!

Comment

That's a good penalty stop, wasn't a terrible penalty by any means.

Comment

By the way, any England haters should be funking three goals from them in the last half hour here. The very best thing that could happen them is to lose this game. Because a defeat would give them a timely kick up the arse, and really focus their minds on the challenges ahead...

Comment

They're proving more than a flash in Japan here!
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                  They're proving more than a flash in Japan here!
                                                                                  There is a job at one of the Red Tops waiting for you.

Comment

That's an incredible save.

Comment

Great effort from Rooney there, and a seriously good save.

Keeper looked brutal in first half, but has been class in the second

Comment

Thought the manager was going to cry there...

Comment

As I said earlier, this is a bad finish to proceedings in terms of the long term for England. They haven't been very good, but have gotten away with it. And the feel good factor of a come from behind win will paper over some cracks that deserve much closer inspection.

Comment

As I said earlier, this is a bad finish to proceedings in terms of the long term for England. They haven't been very good, but have gotten away with it. And the feel good factor of a come from behind win will paper over some cracks that deserve much closer inspection.
                                                                                            Capello will know this performance has been far from good regardless of the result IMO.

The defence has to be a massive worry more than anything. I mean if Johnson is starting you need to utalise his attacking threat as much as possible and they simply haven't today. Terry and Rio have continued their shaky form from the Premiership and doesn't look like the assured partnership it once was!
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                              Had to have a bet yesterday to release a world cup bonus yoke

Didn't see much I fancied, could have put in Sligo Rovers against bray(5-1) but no, I put it on England to beat Japan

horrible shitty sweat for next 70 mins just to get my money back
                                                                                              need a :WhataFuckingRelief: smiley

Comment

bored

Comment

Robert Green
                                                                                                  Joe Hart
                                                                                                  David James

Leighton Baines
                                                                                                  Jamie Carragher
                                                                                                  Ashley Cole
                                                                                                  Michael Dawson
                                                                                                  Rio Ferdinand
                                                                                                  Glen Johnson
                                                                                                  Ledley King
                                                                                                  John Terry
                                                                                                  Matthew Upson
                                                                                                  Stephen Warnock

Gareth Barry
                                                                                                  Michael Carrick
                                                                                                  Joe Cole
                                                                                                  Steven Gerrard
                                                                                                  Tom Huddlestone
                                                                                                  Adam Johnson
                                                                                                  Frank Lampard
                                                                                                  Aaron Lennon
                                                                                                  James Milner
                                                                                                  Scott Parker
                                                                                                  Theo Walcott
                                                                                                  Shaun Wright-Phillips

Darren Bent
                                                                                                  Peter Crouch
                                                                                                  Jermain Defoe
                                                                                                  Emile Heskey
                                                                                                  Wayne Rooney

I'd think they would be the ideal seven cuts for England to make. Don't think it will play out like that obviously.

Comment

great finish in the Donegal Down game

EDIT: into extra time we go
                                                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 30-05-10, 14:37.

Comment

I think because he scored a hat-trick away to Croatia, the key game of the group which turned qualification into an unexpected romp, that Walcott kinda deserves to go.

I'd make a crap manager, too sentimental.

Comment

I didn't give you a thumbs up but this much of the post deserves that.

You are completely overrating the USA, all they are is a massively defensive outfit. They are no hopers. They haven't done anything in truly competitive games in years. Please don't mention the Confederation's cup as a noteworthy competition because it is not and never has been.

On a sidenote I can't believe that Freddy Adu didn't even make the 30 and meanwhile Bradley has selected DeMarcus Beasley in his 23 man squad.
                                                                                                        Last edited by eagle eye; 30-05-10, 14:39.
                                                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

U2 are one of the best live acts I've ever seen. And I've gone to a lot of live acts, seen some awesome bands at all ends of the scale etc, etc - AND I'm really not a big fan of a rake of U2 albums.

They just have "it", whatever "it" is.
                                                                                                          Whatever about their music, which I think is simply awful, they are one of the best live shows I've seen. They supported Moby a few years ago in Slane, and in fairness it was a great gig.

Comment

Does the accent the guy in the Niquitin advert has tilt anyone else?

Comment

NSFW:

SPOILER

Comment

Uniteds prolific goalscorer this season O.G just forced himself into Capellos final 23.

I'm not too worried about the indifferent performance today, these games are experimental with different formations and alot of players getting a run,and as Lloyd said they certainly don't want to be peaking now.

I'd say Lennon definately gave Cappello food for thought today and there's every chance he'll start ahead of Walcott.

Looks like Heskey will be going too, at Bents expense, although he could have sealed the deal if he'd buried his chance.

I really hope Joe Cole gets the nod, he looks in good shape and put in a good shift today.

Twelve days until kick off, I feel like a child before christmas, can't wait!
                                                                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                                  You are completely overrating the USA, all they are is a massively defensive outfit. They are no hopers. They haven't done anything in truly competitive games in years. Please don't mention the Confederation's cup as a noteworthy competition because it is not and never has been.

On a sidenote I can't believe that Freddy Adu didn't even make the 30 and meanwhile Bradley has selected DeMarcus Beasley in his 23 man squad.
                                                                                                                  lol, you clearly don't know a whole lot about the US football team on the basis of the above post. Their defense is the weakest area of the team by a decent margin, and is compensated for by good goalkeeping, set pieces and excellent workrate and organisation throughout the team as a whole.

As for Adu? He was never seriously in contention to make the final 23. He is a complete beaten docket at this point. He has only played a relative handful of games at senior level (club and international) over the past four years, and contributed little or no production in them. He is lucky to still be earning money from the game to be honest.

Beasley probably shouldn't have gone either, but he made his 15 or so games at club level last year at a much higher level than Adu, and he has done it in key games for the US in the past. He provides an option, but I don't believe he will see much if any game time during the tournament.

Comment

Robert Green
                                                                                                                    Joe Hart
                                                                                                                    David James

Leighton Baines
                                                                                                                    Jamie Carragher
                                                                                                                    Ashley Cole
                                                                                                                    Michael Dawson
                                                                                                                    Rio Ferdinand
                                                                                                                    Glen Johnson
                                                                                                                    Ledley King
                                                                                                                    John Terry
                                                                                                                    Matthew Upson
                                                                                                                    Stephen Warnock

Gareth Barry
                                                                                                                    Michael Carrick
                                                                                                                    Joe Cole
                                                                                                                    Steven Gerrard
                                                                                                                    Tom Huddlestone
                                                                                                                    Adam Johnson
                                                                                                                    Frank Lampard
                                                                                                                    Aaron Lennon
                                                                                                                    James Milner
                                                                                                                    Scott Parker
                                                                                                                    Theo Walcott
                                                                                                                    Shaun Wright-Phillips

Darren Bent
                                                                                                                    Peter Crouch
                                                                                                                    Jermain Defoe
                                                                                                                    Emile Heskey
                                                                                                                    Wayne Rooney

I'd think they would be the ideal seven cuts for England to make. Don't think it will play out like that obviously.

agree with bent, warnock ahead of baines for me, agree with other drops at the back and midfield is fairly meh, walcott and parker are defo drops for me,

on a sidenote anyone seen the brazil or argentina squads? maradona is only slightly crazier than dunga
                                                                                                                    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

minutes silence was a disgrace at start of tipp cork match, wouldnt expect much more from those mouth-breathers.
                                                                                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Comment

Epic Fail

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_BstJzcQNA&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X