This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
    €40m deal done. David Villa to Barca. Still subject to a medical though.

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/engli...519111099.html
    now they just need to sell that overpaid lump of lard Ibrahimovic

and get Cesc's signature

that's going to be some team to watch next season
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      I like sports but don't have Sky

I am mildly retarded obv.
      Not really. I'm debating getting rid of Sky for the year and seeing how I get on.

I go to most of Uniteds home games anyway, and any game that I want to watch on TV I can generally get a stream for. I've a solid BB connection so I don't get jittery pictures or buffering issues and I'm effectively paying €76 a month for very little at all.

Any other TV/Movies that I watch I've generally downloaded anyway so although it's only €912 a year it's still money that is better in my pocket if I'm not getting value for it.
      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        Yeah, but there's certain events that non-sports people like me enjoy, but would obv never get sports channels for them. Some rugby, the Snooker world championship, Grand National, Cheltenham, bit of hurling. There's more to these than just sport as they are packed full of history as well.

Also wasn't Lansdowne Road built partly on taxpayers money? Time for a bit of payback imo.
        You have to be on a level here?

The TV revenue that the HC in particular brings in, combined with a tax break for sportsmen in this country, allows Leinster and Munster to keep top class players who would otherwise head off to France and England. This, in turn, has lead to the Irish provinces competing at the top level of European Rugby and attracting large crowds to Thomond and the RDS for almost every game, including many if not most Magner's League games too as people are enjoying the product.

This generates revenue for local hotels, bars, restaurants, night clubs and other tourism spots within Limerick, Cork and Dublin as well as ticket sales and concessions within the grounds themselves. This can be an ongoing stream of revenue for quite some time it seems as Leinster and Munster continue to bring young Irish players through the ranks and consistently perform at the peak of European Rugby.

Taking the life-blood cash stream out of the IRFU would set Irish rugby back by a decade at the very least and see us lose players like Jamie Heaslip, Jonathan Sexton, Keith Earls and many others coming through the ranks.

Making the HC FTA makes no sense on a sporting or economic level and is a cynically populist political move that should be seen for what it really is.
        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

There was a HP laptop range 3 years ago that we had to give refunds on. DV9000 i think or similar. Lovely looking laptops that sold like hotcakes and got returned even faster. 100% failure rate. It was a design flaw in the graphics chip IIRC. Wireless card used to vanish randomly and reappear too.
          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

I'd go mad without me fix of Skysports , Golf, Rugby (both hemispheres) the soccer, and it's the only place I can ever get to see a bloody game of Squash. (it's shite since Jonathan Power/Peter Nichol retired though) I've also got ESPN and both of the Eurosports, must be about time for beach volleyball soon. Not forgetting the excellent coverage of the
            Grand slam tennis matches . I hate the partisan BBC coverage of Wimbledon but I guess it's traditional now. Fecking Henman Hill used to tilt the bejaysus out of me, GTFO there is a match on Court 1 I want to see.

Comment

That is so bad I am going to remove any thanks you get for it in a KevIRL style abuse of powers. At least while I remember to keep checking I will anyhow.
              Somebody is selling a sense of humor on ebay.Free delivery.Check it out.
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                Not really. I'm debating getting rid of Sky for the year and seeing how I get on.

I go to most of Uniteds home games anyway, and any game that I want to watch on TV I can generally get a stream for. I've a solid BB connection so I don't get jittery pictures or buffering issues and I'm effectively paying €76 a month for very little at all.

Any other TV/Movies that I watch I've generally downloaded anyway so although it's only €912 a year it's still money that is better in my pocket if I'm not getting value for it.
                shipped it off last year only kept a basic package

can be well done without imo

anyhow new technology out atm called <snip>(got the brother sussing it out atm) gets all the channels free
                Last edited by 6starpool; 19-05-10, 11:17. Reason: dodgy box reference

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                  just to be clear I gave up poker before it was the cool thing to do
                  I might join you in this.

Did you get that chess match going in the end?

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                    They won't deliver to Ireland though.

Comment

I retract my earlier comment.

Comment

No reference to the dodgy boxes by name please. I don't want us getting in any kind of trouble.

Comment

Emailed E Ryan a bit of anger there.
                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I don't think theres an issue with the Magners League - it just happens to be going fta next season because RTE/TG4 bid more for it than Setanta / Sky whoever.
                            And its only a theoretical issue with the 6N as its current contract happens to be fta anyway.

Heineken Cup.
                            I'm in two minds about it, I accept all your points but I don't think the revenue lost would be as big as people make out. Its not as if RTE/TV3 would get the product for nothing, the EU FTA rules compel them to pay a fair market rate. Added to this the IRFU could get an increase in revenue from things like pitchside advertising as the home games would have a much bigger tv audience. Possibly the same would apply to jersey sponsorship deals and the like.

So they'd lose in direct revenue, but would open up other revenue streams.

Munster and Leinster were also regulars in the knockouts stages back when the games were covered by RTE, so I'm not convinced of the inevitable loss of competiveness either.

Comment

That is so bad I am going to remove any thanks you get for it in a KevIRL style abuse of powers. At least while I remember to keep checking I will anyhow.
                              I retract my earlier comment.
                              Clear winnar here, and it aint Icarus imo

Comment

Thanks for replies guys, I am onto HP live support. Will let you know the outcome

Comment

€40m deal done. David Villa to Barca. Still subject to a medical though.

http://www.fcbarcelona.cat/web/engli...519111099.html
                                  Great news for Liverpool as If Torres was to move this summer Barcelona was the only realistic option I could see for him.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                    Clear winnar here, and it aint Icarus imo
                                    You're just bitter because I played you like a used banjo in Mafia.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                        Great news for Liverpool as If Torres was to move this summer Barcelona was the only realistic option I could see for him.

Opr
                                        When there is idiots like City around who could splash out on Ibra there is still a chance Barca can get Torres

Comment

You're just bitter because I played you like a used banjo in Mafia.
                                          I think, if anyone cares to have a look, i binked you the first night. Worst mafia in history you were imo

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            Heineken Cup.
                                            I'm in two minds about it, I accept all your points but I don't think the revenue lost would be as big as people make out. Its not as if RTE/TV3 would get the product for nothing, the EU FTA rules compel them to pay a fair market rate. Added to this the IRFU could get an increase in revenue from things like pitchside advertising as the home games would have a much bigger tv audience. Possibly the same would apply to jersey sponsorship deals and the like.

Munster and Leinster were also regulars in the knockouts stages back when the games were covered by RTE, so I'm not convinced of the inevitable loss of competiveness either.
                                            See what you need to weigh up here is the cost of having the games on FTA on a Friday evening when its lashing rain. Before, people who wanted to see the game, who didn't have Sky, would trot down to the stadium, get their ticket, and bolster themselves against the elements. Now, plenty of people who would've done that, will say "ah sure feck it, its on the telly anyway".

When I was in Newcastle last year, not one pub apart from Shearer's Bar (in the stadium) was allowed show the game live, this was to ensure that fans who wanted to see the game, would go to it.

I thought it was kind of a crazy rule, until I saw the 50,000 or so fans stream out of the pubs and go to the game, all wearing scarves and buying hot dogs off the street left right and centre.

If just 15% of those fans stayed at home to watch the game on tv, thats a huge loss to the stadiums revenues, to the atmosphere at the stadium and to the surrounding areas atmosphere and incomes.

There's so much interdependence involved here, and correlation and causality, that its pretty much impossible to forecast what happens when one essential element is changed.
                                            Last edited by Emmet; 19-05-10, 12:05. Reason: spelling

Comment

Anyone have an example of a company that has a competitive advantage because of it's reputation? I'm thinking the likes of Virgin which is able to brand tonnes of different businesses with the Virgin name and associate a good reputation with the product or service purely because of their good name. Can't be Virgin or Apple though. (maybe not iPoker either!). Idea is that they can branch out of their core area purely based on reputation.
                                              dyson? although their products are always class anyway.
                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Anyone have an example of a company that has a competitive advantage because of it's reputation? I'm thinking the likes of Virgin which is able to brand tonnes of different businesses with the Virgin name and associate a good reputation with the product or service purely because of their good name. Can't be Virgin or Apple though. (maybe not iPoker either!). Idea is that they can branch out of their core area purely based on reputation.
                                                'Easy'. Started off with Easyjet and every time they buy up a noncore business they relaunch it with the Easy prefix.

Comment

Is mad men worth the watch? 3 seasons, is that it?
                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Giving a lecture on strategic management or something? Coincidently i'm studying this very topic for my first exam on friday.

I know of plenty organisations that have a competitive advantage based on reputation. Tullow Oil is a prime example of this, excellent working realtionships with african governments and communities mean that they are at a huge advantage when applying for any new licenses on the african continent. This could allow them to branch out from their current operations in the exploration and production of oil and gas into devloping infrastructure for developing countries etc.

If you are looking for an example a bit more "mainstream" maybe something like google moving into consumer markets with their phone. Reputation for high technology innovations means they will have a following of keen early adaptors no matter what they produce etc.
                                                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

I might join you in this.

Did you get that chess match going in the end?
                                                      yeah Iv played a few people online on random sites - standard is terrible iv won all my matches so far

Iv forgotten how enjoyable a game of chess can be

Comment

Lies,deceit,treachery,backstabbing and double dealing.Sound appealing?

If you think you've got what it takes,sign up today.

Mafia V

Comment

yeah Iv played a few people online on random sites - standard is terrible iv won all my matches so far

Iv forgotten how enjoyable a game of chess can be
                                                          Lets give it a shot some evening,it's been ages since I've played and you'll probably kick my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            I don't think theres an issue with the Magners League - it just happens to be going fta next season because RTE/TG4 bid more for it than Setanta / Sky whoever.
                                                            And its only a theoretical issue with the 6N as its current contract happens to be fta anyway.

Heineken Cup.

The rugby powers that be created a product (The Heineken Cup), which they spent a lot of time developing and promoting and finally have gotten a very successful product which helped to generate a massive explosion in interest in the game. The product didn't exist a few short years ago and the government didn't do anything to help create it or the jobs that it has produced (bar improve the income tax rules for Irish professional sports people in a way that was probably overall Revenue neutral).

Now Eamon Ryan (a man who's party can't even manage to look after the environment - witness the tire scandal on prime time on Monday) thinks he knows better then those that created the product, promoted the product and who earn a living from the product becasue its a populist notion he took. Meanwhile his own department can't even deliver proper digital tv and have missed countless deadlines and proposed dates for rollout of same. His dept is being shown up as having no understanding of the media market and the changes its going through but that doesn't stop him sticking his oar in to look like he has something to contribute as a minister.

I wouldn't let this governement run my sweet shop.

P.S. The Irish government helped pay for the Aviva stadium in order to protect the Revenue which comes into the country on the back of big matches held here. Not for the "good of the game" in any way. There is plenty of payback on the governement money invested int he Aviva stadium and it no way gives them the right to dictate terms to a well managed sporting organisation in order to look like they are busy managing the country in the national interest.
                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Sony stands out to me as a company that has spread into numerous markets off the back of their reputation for excellence in the radio, sound and television markets.

For potential to do this the company that stands out to me would be BMW.
                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Fckn Low life union scumbags.
                                                                Unbelievable what misery unpleasant nasty little people with chips on their shoulders can inflict on people.

So despite the message they are giving out the Passport ofice is still on a work to rule. They are taking 'exactly' 22 days to process all applications no mater what your situation. The only exception is if an immediate family member has died. And they are not answering the phones.

My passport is running out in September but I've been stuck because of these scumbags and their 'work to rule' I'm due to go to Africa soon and I have one page left which will do for that trip. Now an important trip has come up and I need the new passport in a hurry because I have to send it to the Saudi Embassy in London to get a visa and they are insisting on a passport that is valid for six months.
                                                                So I am down there there with a letter explaining how crucial it is that I travel and setting out all the relevant dates and deadlines, I have tickets worth thousands of pounds and the fckrs are refusing to even look at them. I tried being as nice and polite as I could for as long as I could, a supervisor came over but no way she also refused point blank to even look at the paperwork I brought. Their answer to the fact that it is printed on the form that they will deal with applications like mine for a fee is that that is out of date and we are just following orders. Only extreme humanitarian emergencies will be dealt with. I said that it will be pretty inhumane if I lose my job and she starts with 'Its not fair to lay that on me' Either side of me there are other hard cases one woman who has had her passport stolen is in tears but not a budge these hard nosed cnuts. How I didn't completely lose the rag and come over the counter at someone I don't know.

There is not a semi competent businessman in the country who couldn't take on the function of issuing passports and run it providing a much better service and at a profit.
                                                                I'll moderate what I say about what I wish for these scum and keep it to this; I hope and pray that the job is privatised soon and every last one of them is fckd out on the street never works again.
                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 19-05-10, 12:28.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    Unbelievable what misery unpleasant nasty little people with chips on their shoulders can inflict on people.

So despite the message they are giving out the Passport ofice is still on a work to rule. They are taking 'exactly' 22 days to process all applications no mater what your situation. The only exception is if an immediate family member has died. And they are not answering the phones.

My passport is running out in September but I've been stuck because of these scumbags and their 'work to rule' I'm due to go to Africa soon and I have one page left which will do for that trip. Now an important trip has come up and I need the new passport in a hurry because I have to send it to the Saudi Embassy in London to get a visa and they are insisting on a passport that is valid for six months.
                                                                    So I am down there there with a letter explaining how crucial it is that I travel and setting out all the relevant dates and deadlines, I have tickets worth thousands of pounds and the fckrs are refusing to even look at them. I tried being as nice and polite as I could for as long as I could, a supervisor came over but no way she also refused point blank to even look at the paperwork I brought. Their answer to the fact that it is printed on the form that they will deal with applications like mine for a fee is that that is out of date and we are just following orders. Only extreme humanitarian emergencies will be dealt with. I said that it will be pretty inhumane if I lose my job and she starts with 'Its not fair to lay that on me' Either side of me there are other hard cases one woman who has had her passport stolen is in tears but not a budge these hard nosed cnuts. How I didn't completely lose the rag and come over the counter at someone I don't know.

There is not a semi competent businessman in the country who couldn't take on the function of issuing passports and run it providing a much better service and at a profit.
                                                                    I'll moderate what I say about what I wish for these scum and keep it to this; I hope and pray that the job is privatised soon and every last one of them is fckd out on the street never works again.
                                                                    Sounds a bit like Karma strikes Strewelpeter. Aren't you the guy that has passed pickets and all that jazz?
                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                      Sounds a bit like Karma strikes Strewelpeter. Aren't you the guy that has passed pickets and all that jazz?
                                                                      tomorrow morning's headline is going to include some lurid details about a particularly bloody murder case involving two middle-aged men

Comment

If ever there needed to be a phone call made to Joe Duffy

Alternatively, go and have a bitch on AfterHours about it. If nothing else, it will get a few indignant responses from some union heads, and because it is true it is not trolling in the slightest imo.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                          Thanks for replies guys, I am onto HP live support. Will let you know the outcome
                                                                          I was on some of the HP support forums for a couple of minutes. Updating the BIOS and using the latest NVidia vga driver should help with the issue but is not guaranteed to fix it.

You can download the files here:

HP support is pants in S.Africa imo. It has gone to the dogs since everything has been moved there.

Comment

Bewleys might be an interesting one
                                                                            Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                            Is mad men worth the watch? 3 seasons, is that it?
                                                                            Absolutely.
                                                                            Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                            tell us how you really feel Tony, go on.
                                                                            I'm saving that up for later.

Comment

Jaysus

joking aside, get your TD on the job (preferably non-government)

Comment

tomorrow morning's headline is going to include some lurid details about a particularly bloody murder case involving two middle-aged men
                                                                                He didn't bite, I thought I got him at a good time

I was expecting a jqOFHIOEYHGIOQWHGOHIOHG,.V ,MZ/\WAEA type response.

Comment

give Omar a shout Yo. If yo business needs sortin hes the nigga you gotta hit up. Them dumb ass white boys down the office wont know what hit em.

Comment

Jaysus

joking aside, get your TD on the job (preferably non-government)
                                                                                    We're looking to see if there is anyone else can go instead of me, if that doesn't work out we will probably try enterprise Ireland or someone who has contacts like that.
                                                                                    Dodging a trip to Saudi in June should be a brag really but it doesn't feel like that at the moment.
                                                                                    Its so fckn infuriating looking at these vermin actually wallowing in exercising the only bit of power they have in their miserable little lives.
                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 19-05-10, 12:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                      I hate the partisan BBC coverage of Wimbledon but I guess it's traditional now. Fecking Henman Hill used to tilt the bejaysus out of me, GTFO there is a match on Court 1 I want to see.
                                                                                      That's what the red button was invented for

(first time I have used the smiley. I still have no idea what it means)

Comment

give Omar a shout Yo. If yo business needs sortin hes the nigga you gotta hit up. Them dumb ass white boys down the office wont know what hit em.
                                                                                        He'll only tell Strewlelpeter 'the games the game playa'

Comment

serious question - is it possible for an independent company to set up a passport office or what kind of clearence would you need to get?

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post

Don't worry, you used it right.

Comment

Tony,
                                                                                              Wear a t-shirt with a boiled rabbit on it and the slogan, 'I won't be ignored' next time you go into the office and ask her out for dinner. You'll have it in days.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post

UPC ain't got the red button thing working yet.

Comment

Going to a stag do this weekend in Galway and need some fun shit to do from bout 10am Saturday till 5pm. Have the rest of the time scheduled pretty well.

Comment

serious question - is it possible for an independent company to set up a passport office or what kind of clearence would you need to get?
                                                                                                    Not possible. Will not happen.

Comment

the mossad do it. no "official" clearance necessary apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                        the mossad do it. no "official" clearance necessary apparently.
                                                                                                        yeah but you can only make one trip on theirs

that said, they will do you a new face afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                          UPC ain't got the red button thing working yet.
                                                                                                          I moved to UPC about three months ago, and while it's fine for viewing basic sky, it really does highlight what a superb product Sky actually is.

Their sky plus system is so much better than UPC's equivalent, and red button coverage as well a number of other things, I really want to move back but can only get decent internet access here with UPC.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                            Going to a stag do this weekend in Galway and need some fun shit to do from bout 10am Saturday till 5pm. Have the rest of the time scheduled pretty well.
                                                                                                            Watch sport, drink, and gamble?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                              go out to Kilcolgan and spend the day drinking pints and eating seafood at Morans

Comment

thats it let her simmer.
                                                                                                                .
                                                                                                                .
                                                                                                                .
                                                                                                                wait until the cunts tell you they don't have it tomorrow or the day after
                                                                                                                then give her full fong

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

yeah but you can only make one trip on theirs

that said, they will do you a new face afterwards
                                                                                                                  I'm sure the israeli embassy could provide one for Tony quicker than the passport office, seeing as he's going to Saudi Arabia. although they might ask him to "meet" someone over there if he could spare the time.

Comment

Its so fckn infuriating looking at these vermin actually wallowing in exercising the only bit of power they have in their miserable little lives.
                                                                                                                    thats it let it out

Comment

From this awesome well on 2+2

so i was 14 living in san diego scalping tickets, breaking into houses and cars living in sleeping bag just up the hill from mission valley, one day i take the bus down to fashion valley mall on my way to go play street fghter in the arcade there i pass a bike rack with a mo-ped chained to the rack i notice that there wasnt a key needed to start it and thought to my self who needs the bus this mo-ped would suit me just fine. So of course i went to ace hard ware bought me some bolt cutters and went back to the rack and next thing you know im riding this mo-ped!!!! drove the thing around for about a week and one day im pulling into jack murphy stadium for a padres game, start selling tickets and these to guys kinda pull me aside turns out they were undercover coops. they write me a ticket for ticket scalping and are about to let me go when one of them asks where my drivers liscence is, i said i dont have one why? he said i think i remember seeing you ride in on a moped, im like nope i took the bus, of course the hall monitor ****er remembered well and saw the moped and ran it and it came up stolen, so off to jail i go. they couldnt get ahold of my mom so they transported me from the jail to juvy, i got booked in and was placed in a cell with this 30 pound white kid that was like inbred, kinda reminded me of the bruiser. it was a bunkbed cell with just the 2 of us and i had the bottom, so in the middle of the night i wake up to this punk wacking off aiming at my face, im like wtf jump up and hit bust his nose first punch then continue to beat him down. security comes in and they see me stomping him and figure im the bad guy. i explain what happened and they dont care so i spend the rest of night in solitare cell.

the next day the move me to a 12 person dorm with 4 bunk beds 2 on each wall and 4 single beds in middle. everyone in there was like 15-18 and big as ****, they were all cut up and i was ****ting a brick, i got a top bunk in the corner. so the day goes on and now its supper time, and i see people from my dorm making trades and giving trustees things. im not exactly sure what they are bartering for but i was a lil concerned. after dinner it was clean up and the clean up crew started sneeking things to the guys in my dorm, i saw lotion and rubber gloves be given and hidden, i started to get a little concerned. clean up was over and now the guys took the matresses off there bed wrapped sheets around them and were doing curls, these guys looked like giants to me, and some of them started talking about how they going to get fee fee tonight. Now im getting a lot nervous and am curled up in my bunk back to the wall. after about a hour or so its lights out.

now im really getting scared im the only white kid in there rest are black or mexican and they start chanting fee fee, feee feee im first im first, now the biggest one says jose go watch the door, i got the lotion, who had the rubber? i got it all planned out im just going to kick who ever comes up my bunk and go out fighting, well they got a guy by the door, lights are off and they chanting fee fee feee fee, i just know im fee fee.

now all of a sudden the guy takes out a towel and puts the rubber glove in it, and starts folding the towel around the glove, when it was all folded up he pulled the open part over the ends of the towel and it held togather, he threw the lotion in the middle and started ****ing the glove inside the towel. and that was fee fee. they passed it around and a few guys busted in there , i sure thought i was fee fee that night!!!!!

Comment

Beat: Been sick since Sunday morning, originally thought it was just a serious hangover (I was at a funeral on Saturday morning and basically boozed it up massively for about 15 hours), but when I was still puking at 4 on Monday morning I realised that was pretty unlikely.

Brag: Have watched 2 and half series of the wire over the last couple of days, wish I was sick more often.

Variance: Couldn't be arsed to read much of the BBV, facebook or my e-mails since Friday, I'm sure there's some gold in there somewhere but meh.
                                                                                                                        "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                                          I moved to UPC about three months ago, and while it's fine for viewing basic sky, it really does highlight what a superb product Sky actually is.

Their sky plus system is so much better than UPC's equivalent, and red button coverage as well a number of other things, I really want to move back but can only get decent internet access here with UPC.
                                                                                                                          UPC question you might be able to answer.

If I go to text on RTE 1 (for eg) it doesn't refresh at all. Eg I go to 607 for live betting and the page stays the same no matter how long i leave it up. Even if i go to another page (say 250) and back to 607 it still hasn't changed. What I actually need to do is exit text, change channel, go back to RTE 1 and into text again before it refreshes.

Is there anything in settings I am missing or does anyone have the same problem.

Also is ATR not free to everyone on UPC digital (I don't have it)?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X