Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't watch Flashforward. Great concept. Horribly executed, how I wish I could do that to most of the characters.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
      Whats the tourney ID 72?
      2010050383. HU now.
      It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
        Listen up you beautiful b-tch, I'm about to f-ck you up with some truth.

Is there even definitely a season two? Is it just planned or it is getting made as we speak?
        "Just say two boys raping... A six year old... I'm just kidding... ahaha"

Watch from 5:25 on in the video. Class.

He's a class act.

Looks similar to a smiley here.

Don't know if this is right, But I'll live in hope.

Originally posted by Wiki
        Season 2

Production on the second season of the show is slated to begin in May 2010. The setting will move to Mexico, with principal shooting taking place in Puerto Rico. The new season will bring a number of changes to the cast, including new faces Michael Peña and Ana de la Reguera, who will play the owner of a Mexican baseball team and Kenny's new love interest, respectively. The role of Kenny's father is planned but not yet cast. Most of the supporting cast from the first season will be absent, with the exception of Steve Little as Stevie Jankowski.[5]
        Last edited by Esprit; 18-05-10, 01:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
          Listen up you beautiful b-tch, I'm about to f-ck you up with some truth.

Is there even definitely a season two? Is it just planned or it is getting made as we speak?
          Has been given the green light for sure.
          No date announced yet though.

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
          Don't watch Flashforward. Great concept. Horribly executed, how I wish I could do that to most of the characters.
          I already have. I seem to be in the minority who like it. Although it is probably the concept i like more than the actual show itself.
          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
            Has been given the green light for sure.
            No date announced yet though.

I already have. I seem to be in the minority who like it. Although it is probably the concept i like more than the actual show itself.
            That's what keeps me watching. That and I find it really hard to stop watching stuff I started. I hope they knew it was getting axed... I don't want some cliffhanger which never gets resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by Esprit View Post
              "Just say two boys raping... A six year old... I'm just kidding... ahaha"

yeah that's funny as fk, post more you fkin dope.
              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Eastbound and Down.

The best show in the history of the world.

We need more Kenny Powers.
                Let's buy the bar and get shitfaced. Get me paaaaid, biaaatch!

Comment

scoop main event over, won by ryan fair, kristoffer thorsson second

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Iron View Post
                    Let's buy the bar and get shitfaced. Get me paaaaid, biaaatch!
                    My fav quote of them all!

I've already met more people who like it on here than I have in real life. People with a sense of humour are missing out!

Comment

Comment

Pretty sure I'll just give up soon
                        PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1500/3000 Blinds 375 Ante (8 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

Hero (BB) (t86938)
                        UTG (t35675)
                        UTG+1 (t26413)
                        MP1 (t112377)
                        MP2 (t92757)
                        CO (t58968)
                        Button (t112097)
                        SB (t75797)

Hero's M: 11.59

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A
                        3 folds, MP2 calls t3000, 2 folds, SB calls t1500, Hero bets t86563 (All-In), 1 fold, SB calls t72422 (All-In)

Flop: (t156844) 10, 5, 9 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t156844) J (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t156844) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t156844

Results:
                        SB had Q, K (straight, King high).
                        Hero had K, A (high card, Ace).
                        Outcome: SB won t156844

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                          Can't tell whether you are pissed of or joking. You're always touchy about that stuff it seems

Comment

It's from a quote from the video I put up for fuck sake relax.

Pretty pathetic that you call someone a "fkin dope" and you're the one that can't spell. Bravo, Prick.

Comment

It's from a quote from the video I put up for fuck sake relax.

Pretty pathetic that you call someone a "fkin dope" and you're the one that can't spell. Bravo, Prick.
                              Seriously if you cant see how a family man or any person would be offended bye a joke about raping a child then you are a dope no matter if its a quote or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                Seriously if you cant see how a family man or any person would be offended bye a joke about raping a child then you are a dope no matter if its a quote or not.
                                Did you watch the video ? I was just quoting it because the way he said it was funny. I don't give a shit if he's a family man or not, There's lots of stuff discussed here all the time, He's just clearly sensitive. I never said anything directly to him, Or about him, Or anyone else for that matter. It's from a comedy program that's on television, Is he going to complain to the writers and call them a "fkin dope" ?.

Comment

That's what keeps me watching. That and I find it really hard to stop watching stuff I started. I hope they knew it was getting axed... I don't want some cliffhanger which never gets resolved.
                                  Yeah i always have to watch shows till the end once i start them.
                                  I have a feeling they didnt, lot of stuff to tie up with only 2 episodes left, we shall see.
                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Any decent recomendations for a new tv show?
                                    I already watch/have watched

Lost
                                    Dexter
                                    Heroes
                                    Arrested Development
                                    Californication
                                    Breaking Bad
                                    Entourage
                                    Curb Your Enthusiasm
                                    Fringe
                                    Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia
                                    The Wire
                                    The Office
                                    Modern Family
                                    The Sopranos
                                    Trailer Park Boys
                                    Weeds
                                    Oz
                                    Eastbound And Down
                                    Flashforward
                                    Freaks And Geeks
                                    24 and the shield.prob watch shield first. Jack > vic
                                    true blood also, bit shorter

Prob of no use to you by means of advice but it's all I have for you.
                                    Me and my girlfriend(at the time) spent 6 months running a bar in a small bar in a family run apartment complex in Malia, in Crete.Free accomidation, Free food, free booze, and practically a vip pass to every bar and restaurant in town.I t was absolutely brilliant for the time we were there but i'd imagine things have changed alot since then.
                                    goa's not as cheap as you may think. Its ridic expensive for indian standards. would prefer karala myself. One of the more untouched islands around thailand would be were id pick. maybe sum1 can suggest the best one - ive yet to travel there

i used to love the tv programme "early edition" when the guy got the paper a day early
                                    also the show with the mounty from canada (and obv quatam leap too)
                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Flash was great, about the only superhero I liked, reckon it will have aged badly tho.

Deadwood next up for me.
                                      Last edited by bohsman; 18-05-10, 03:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                        i used to love the tv programme "early edition" when the guy got the paper a day early
                                        also the show with the mounty from canada (and obv quatam leap too)
                                        Ha had totally forgotten about Early Edition, used to love that show.
                                        Quantum Leap was also epic.

Due South is the mountie show i think you mean.

Comment

No love for House? I just started Series 4 and it's fantastic.
                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                              No love for House? I just started Series 4 and it's fantastic.
                                              Every episode of house is the exact same

Comment

New episode of Shameless tomorrow night. Something worth watching for once!

Off to sleep now, Computer Apps exam tomorrow. Good night fellow Insomniacs!

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                  Every episode of house is the exact same
                                                  There's a formula for an episode alright, but there's an ongoing story arc and enough entertaining things going on to make it well worth watching. I'll probably stop at season 4 as I'm told it goes downhill from there.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Am I teh winner of the who has the shittest internet connection game?

Hopefully this wiimax thing will sort me out when it arrives later this month.
                                                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Lost
                                                      Dexter
                                                      Heroes
                                                      Arrested Development
                                                      Californication
                                                      Breaking Bad
                                                      Entourage
                                                      Curb Your Enthusiasm
                                                      Fringe
                                                      The Wire
                                                      The Office
                                                      Modern Family
                                                      The Sopranos
                                                      Trailer Park Boys
                                                      Weeds
                                                      Oz
                                                      Eastbound And Down
                                                      Flashforward
                                                      Freaks And Geeks
                                                      A few more for you. Firstly, as mentined by others earlier I can't recommend Dexter and True Blood enough. Add to that Battlestar Gallactica. Others then in the order I would put them.

Damages
                                                      Crash
                                                      Criminal Minds
                                                      Sons of Anarchy
                                                      Mad Men
                                                      Sleeper Cell

I notice you don't have Prison Break on that list, the first season was fantastic but it goes downhill from there.
                                                      The show I was really looking forward to getting into recently was The Beast but due to Patrick Swayze's death it only last one season but its well worth watching the one season.
                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                        Since this is a wonderfully world wise group of people...let's say you wanted to go somewhere for the couple of months July / August with the idea that it could be pretty much anywhere in the world but that it would be dirt cheap to live there once you arrive. An example which I'm shooting down is Goa because that's the monsoon season there (which eliminates many places in Asia).

Sunny would be nice, beaches too, but not strictly necessary. Add 2 young children to the picture, so 4 people. Any and all suggestions appreciated. This time last week my socioeconomicbeachy profiling was leading me to the bizarre idea of Albania on the Ionian Sea. I'm sure there are better suggestions.
                                                        Mozambique or Botswana
                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                          Mozambique or Botswana
                                                          Bali is a good one too.
                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Oh to have this at home

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
                                                              Also where is Eoin Olin's restuarant, i would like to try it as i have only heard good things about it
                                                              It's on Capel Street, just up on the left hand side from the Boar's Head...
                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                It's on Capel Street, just up on the left hand side from the Boar's Head...
                                                                Mountjoy Square when I was in it?

edit; this is it but maybe he has another one on Capel St

Comment

I want one of these for the bedroom, has anyone ever seen them in a bricks and mortar shop or online ?

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                    Since this is a wonderfully world wise group of people...let's say you wanted to go somewhere for the couple of months July / August with the idea that it could be pretty much anywhere in the world but that it would be dirt cheap to live there once you arrive. An example which I'm shooting down is Goa because that's the monsoon season there (which eliminates many places in Asia).

Sunny would be nice, beaches too, but not strictly necessary. Add 2 young children to the picture, so 4 people. Any and all suggestions appreciated. This time last week my socioeconomicbeachy profiling was leading me to the bizarre idea of Albania on the Ionian Sea. I'm sure there are better suggestions.
                                                                    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                      Mountjoy Square when I was in it?

edit; this is it but maybe he has another one on Capel St
                                                                      Oh right. Must just be his bar I was in then! Food there was decent too.

Eoin a bar and restaurant mogul obviously.

Comment

Yeah Eagle Eye, first season of Prison Break is excellent. But if you're the kind of person who doesn't like to let a series go without seeing it through to the end, then it might be best not to start.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                          Oh right. Must just be his bar I was in then! Food there was decent too.

Eoin a bar and restaurant mogul obviously.
                                                                          I've always wanted to be a mogul

in the Indian sense

Comment

Lost
                                                                            Dexter
                                                                            Heroes
                                                                            Arrested Development
                                                                            Californication
                                                                            Breaking Bad
                                                                            Entourage
                                                                            Curb Your Enthusiasm
                                                                            Fringe
                                                                            The Wire
                                                                            The Office
                                                                            Modern Family
                                                                            The Sopranos
                                                                            Trailer Park Boys
                                                                            Weeds
                                                                            Oz
                                                                            Eastbound And Down
                                                                            Flashforward
                                                                            Freaks And Geeks
                                                                            Has to be Deadwood next,cocksucker.
                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                              Has to be Deadwood next,cocksucker.
                                                                              I have heard good things about 6 feet under, brother has the b/s so will give it a spin in the summer.

Cougar Town is also very good, i was very surprised with it.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                where was this? - fitz - you in red hoodie/top?
                                                                                pub game same standard

Comment

Actually, the real one is equally hilarious

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5Ec3GPWwl8&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                    Am I teh winner of the who has the shittest internet connection game?

Hopefully this wiimax thing will sort me out when it arrives later this month.
                                                                                    Funny stuff

I was at home the other day and the doorbell rings, normally I ignore it to be honest because nobody I know expects me to be there during the day but this time I decided I'd answer it.

There's a guy there, probably mid to late 30's, with a clipboard. "How are you doing, just checking to see if you're an eircom customer?" he says, I reply in the affirmative and he asks me if I've heard of this new fantastic technology called WiMax. Apparently it's coming to my area soon and it's really exciting.

I start to feel a little like a cat with a mouse and decide I'll put him out of his misery by telling him that I work in telecoms with a competitor and so wouldn't be interested in switching to Imagine.

His response....

"So you probably know all about WiMax then? Is it any good, I'm just going around selling it, I've no idea what it is or how it compares. What do you think of it?"

Somehow, I don't think eircom et al need to be quaking in their boots
                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

One of Morricone's finest pieces imo.

After the 2 shots ring out at the beginning the tension just keeps cranking up and up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3C82Q5I80U[/ame]

Go Mafia
                                                                                      Last edited by Icarus152; 18-05-10, 09:20.
                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Eurovision end of the month for those of you who degens who want to make a bet. I reckon Germany will win it although looking at the odds just now it's not very good. Some guy has done a recap of the entrys. 1st comment if full of LOL on youtube. Where is Portugal? FCUK YOU.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSEGmBe-_1s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSEGmBe-_1s[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                          I want one of these for the bedroom, has anyone ever seen them in a bricks and mortar shop or online ?

http://www.importadvantage.com/Prism-73
                                                                                          A TV that appears as if from nowhere? That's the dream!
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                            Eurovision end of the month for those of you who degens who want to make a bet. I reckon Germany will win it although looking at the odds just now it's not very good. Some guy has done a recap of the entrys. 1st comment if full of LOL on youtube. Where is Portugal? FCUK YOU.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSEGmBe-_1s
                                                                                            Germanys song has been played to death over here. Even the singer looks suicidally bored doing it last few times shes been on TV. Could factor imo. There were topless pics of her in the Bild last week-not sure how this will figure. Was a bonus though.
                                                                                            Last edited by Closed_Account; 18-05-10, 09:36. Reason: Grammar mistake-fear the kayroo imo.

Comment

Nice digs.
                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                Germanys song has been played to death over here. Even the singer looks suicidally bored doing it last few times shes been on TV. Could factor imo. There were topless pics of her in the Bild last week-not sure how this will figure. Was a bonus though.
                                                                                                I can see how you'd get bored with it although on 1st listen it's a strong song and the type to appeal to the Euros who only listen to music once a year. Last years winner was very good (in relative terms) . The Eurozone heads are manic about the Eurovision , I'm not sure we'll ever be forgiven for sending Dustin over and then voting NO to the treaty. We lost the run of ourselves for a while there I think.

Comment

Is the passport office still a warzone?

If I go there in the morning with all the forms filled whats the best I can hope for?
                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

We lost the run of ourselves for a while there I think.
                                                                                                    We lost the run of ourselves about 15 years ago mate.

Comment

Comment

Your one on deal or no deal is having a mare. 9 blues and 1 red left....sick for her!

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                          Somehow, I don't think eircom et al need to be quaking in their boots
                                                                                                          If it works half well as as it is touted to in rural areas then I expect Eircon will lose most of their fixed line business within a couple of years.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Cross post from the Freddie Deeb thread, lot of swearing if your in work be warned.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqwQiIy1b48[/ame]
                                                                                                            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Thanks Megasin but ive seen Oz already, forgot about that.
                                                                                                              Never tried the Shield.
                                                                                                              Sons of anarchy should be right up yr street renewed for a third season in september.
                                                                                                              I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.. Tom Waits

I have been told if i see some trouble to call 911, I think it's quicker to call 3 Fifty 7 .....RL Burnside

Comment

Lost
                                                                                                                Dexter
                                                                                                                Heroes
                                                                                                                Arrested Development
                                                                                                                Californication
                                                                                                                Breaking Bad
                                                                                                                Entourage
                                                                                                                Curb Your Enthusiasm
                                                                                                                Fringe
                                                                                                                The Wire
                                                                                                                The Office
                                                                                                                Modern Family
                                                                                                                The Sopranos
                                                                                                                Trailer Park Boys
                                                                                                                Weeds
                                                                                                                Oz
                                                                                                                Eastbound And Down
                                                                                                                Flashforward
                                                                                                                Freaks And Geeks
                                                                                                                You seem to like your comedy so check out 'The Larry Sanders Show', comedy gold. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Larry_Sanders_Show

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                  pfft - i laugh at you.

your ping could be better

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    If it works half well as as it is touted to in rural areas then I expect Eircon will lose most of their fixed line business within a couple of years.
                                                                                                                    I really don't think so tbh. WiMax conceptually is a good idea but it has a number of inherent flaws that make it a distant 4th in terms of technology even now. Even if you're working off the assumption that eircom won't have fibre enabled any areas in that couple of years there is still insufficent knowledge and quality for WiMax over DSL.

This also discounts the fact that Cable is becoming increasingly available and beats both hands down for speed and reliability, not to mention including an entertainment option which is key to winning over the consumer market. Now if you were to argue that cable will lead to eircom losing most of their fixed line business over the next few years you wouldn't get much argument from me.

As I see it the market will evolve something like below over the next 2-3 years

Consumer: Cable > DSL/Fibre > Mobile > WiMax
                                                                                                                    Business: DSL/Fibre > Cable > Mobile >WiMax

Bear in mind that Mobile is only 3rd in terms of likely behaviours, i.e. mobile broadband acting as a complimentary service as opposed to substitional. This is particularly true in business where the key consideration is still reliable Voice services rather than internet driven decision making. Again this will change over time, but I fully expect that DSL provider will have started to launch much wider spread fibre connections within the next 3 years or so.
                                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSEGmBe-_1s
                                                                                                                      38 seconds was enough to remind me to not make the same mistake as i did other years by watching it
                                                                                                                      r

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                        pfft - i laugh at you.

pfft - i laugh at you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Your one on deal or no deal is having a mare. 9 blues and 1 red left....sick for her!
                                                                                                                          on the upside she has a better chance of hitting the blues from here on in

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X