This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
    Seriously though, anyone any ideas how i can get money online?
    Paypal/Moneybookers to someone here who then transfers to you.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

get someone at home to lodge using your visa or moneybookers

you can pm me your visa details your sn and what site you want it lodged to and i can top it up for you from here

SPOILER
      he he i will top up my account as well.
      also iam only kidding i don't want your visa details

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Can i just ask why dealers shouldnt be allowed play in there own club?
        if its after work, its your own free time and you should be able to do as you wish?. Im not challenging the fact that they shouldn't i just wanna know why.
        Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
          Paypal/Moneybookers to someone here who then transfers to you.
          WARNING

Payments between US customers, and US customers and international customers using the Send Money service are not supported.
          Please do NOT upload funds if you intend to use our Send Money service to make such payments.

Comment

ugh 5 pages to catch up on, ugh - anything happen? - really not in mood to read through them.

busted in 5th in fitz, ugh i run bad,

Also should i have pointed out that it was a chop when i'm playin the board? as in Q3344 board, i point to board and turn over J7, other player looks at his cards then the board an then folds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
              ugh 5 pages to catch up on, ugh - anything happen? - really not in mood to read through them.

busted in 5th in fitz, ugh i run bad,

Also should i have pointed out that it was a chop when i'm playin the board? as in Q3344 board, i point to board and turn over J7, other player looks at his cards then the board an then folds.
              mann you gotta go back and read them

best 5 pages since the thread started imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Can you get someone to do a player to player transfer?

That should be simple enough?
                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                  They allow a dealer to play after he's finished work.

That's a shocking carry on tbh.

No reflection on you of course Brian, it's your boss i'm shocked at.
                  We used to be allowed to play cash after work if we hadn't dealt cash that night and didn't play in uniform which I thought was fair enough. If its a small poker room where they wait to finish the tournament to start a cash game with nearly all the same players it would be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                    you can pray, kill, and eat 10,000 calories a day, you run into problems after that....
                    Sounds like Coppers to me tbh.....

Agreed, speaking Chinese/Japanese to people in Ireland would definately slow the whole process down alright.
                    Racist imo. I'm telling pgodkin on you.
                    Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                      We used to be allowed to play cash after work if we hadn't dealt cash that night and didn't play in uniform which I thought was fair enough. If its a small poker room where they wait to finish the tournament to start a cash game with nearly all the same players it would be different.
                      The dealers can play naked for what it's worth, the reasons why a cardroom shouldn't allow it are plainly obvious.

Comment

Re:Bad beat/Moan/Venting Thread

Originally posted by BrianByrne View Post
                        Bit better than last time Following a long shift at the voodoo, jumped on the cash table 50c/1 with the minimum buy in of 20 while i wait for my bus, got it up to 80..Nice result for me
                        i hope you slow rolled someone to complete the full collection of poker sins!

Comment

They allow a dealer to play after he's finished work.

That's a shocking carry on tbh.

No reflection on you of course Brian, it's your boss i'm shocked at.
                          Y is it shocking?
                          If u work in a pub and want a drink when your shift ends your gonna have one right?
                          ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                          I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                            i hope you slow rolled someone to complete the full collection of poker sins!
                            :O WHAT SINS?!!

apart from min buying in and leaving of course xD
                            However, i did say when i sat down at 10.15 , i can only stay until 11.10 then i need go get my bus...and i did XD

im a live cash noob...LEAVe me alone
                            Last edited by BrianByrne; 17-05-10, 01:12.
                            Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney333 View Post
                              Y is it shocking?
                              If u work in a pub and want a drink when your shift ends your gonna have one right?
                              Lol, I managed bars for 8 years.

You think a poker club should have the same rules as a bar? Bless.

Comment

The dealers can play naked for what it's worth, the reasons why a cardroom shouldn't allow it are plainly obvious.
                                It looks bad to the punters that you're getting into the game with the tips you've been getting of them for the last few hours is the big one. Don't see how it applies here.

Comment

:O WHAT SINS?!!

apart from min buying in and leaving of course xD
                                  However, i did say when i sat down at 10.15 , i can only stay until 11.10 then i need go get my bus...and i did XD
                                  brian wtf is the XD about

Comment

Lol, I managed bars for 8 years.

You think a poker club should have the same rules as a bar? Bless.
                                    Will u grow up, u really think Im saying they should have same rules?
                                    Im giving an example Danny, Im just interested in hearing y your shocked?
                                    And y it should'nt be allowed?

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                      Stupid habbit i have... Sidewayz smiley face FWIW xD

Last edited by BrianByrne; 17-05-10, 01:17.
                                      Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Mostly to avoid the occasional paranoid punter saying the game is rigged if a dealer hits a 1 outer while playing.

Comment

I see the fitz have that 160 tourney on a sunday afternoon now...

Comment

im a live cash noob...LEAVe me alone
                                            get out while you still can imo.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              Mostly to avoid the occasional paranoid punter saying the game is rigged if a dealer hits a 1 outer while playing.
                                              Is this the only reason cause Ive always wondered why diff places allow it and some don't.

Comment

Can i just ask why dealers shouldnt be allowed play in there own club?
                                                if its after work, its your own free time and you should be able to do as you wish?. Im not challenging the fact that they shouldn't i just wanna know why.
                                                Well for a start theres money involved if a say a pub i would not like my staff drinking in there on there spare time.
                                                There is achance of collusion very small one.

Customers may not like the same bastaerds who dole them out bad beats then cleaning them out in cash games afterwards.
                                                Even if most poker players are poor players imo.

The dealers can have observed the players for many hours gathering info and then get to play with them i know people will lol@love players

You only work there the odd shift thats fine but i dont like seeing dealers in cash games at the clubs they work in.

I dont mind for tourneys also id hate to see young dealers even if they are 18 losing the money in the place they just got paid in.

The fitz dont allow delaers play cash i remember seeing one member of staff lose about 3grand in a 1 2 game one night a good months wage by most standards guy was shocking and should never have let be allowed play.

If an argument happens can be difficult for card room manager to adjudicate fairly if one of his staff is involved.

I just dont like it myself

Comment

good old cake poker.

Comment

I'm all grown up thanks.
                                                    I really didn't think anyone here needed it spelled out as it happens, it's basic common sense ffs.

I'll go ahead and put it simply for you.

A barman finishes his shift and has a couple of pints with customer A, may have had a good chat, maybe not.In all likelyhood customer A feels comfortable and prob wants to come back, and will tell a couple of mates about his positive experience.

A dealer finishes his shift and sits in a cash game and cleans out customer B, how does that make customer B feel?
                                                    Does he have friends there that also get pissed off?

Customer B might well feel as though he's been cheated on, no?
                                                    Customer B is going to feel pretty unimpressed with the venue alot of the time regardless, and might not want to come back.He may well tell 20 people that they shouldn't go there.

Customer B simply shouldn't have had to be in that position in the first place if the guys running the place had a modicum of common sense.

This is just a basic example, there are a whole list of reasons why this shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Do you really need them listed out? Think about it!
                                                    Last edited by dannydiamond; 17-05-10, 01:33.

Comment

bubbleking finds out he's qualified for the cash league

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPw-3e_pzqU[/ame]
                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 17-05-10, 07:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                        What person or place or thing belongs to all of these Wikipedia categories?
                                                        • Military personnel who committed suicide
                                                        • Generals
                                                        • 247 BC births
                                                        • Politicians who committed suicide
                                                        • Second Punic War commanders
                                                        • Ancient people who committed suicide
                                                        • Carthaginians
                                                        • 183 BC deaths
                                                        • Ancient people
                                                        Typing in 183 BC in wiki made this pretty easy.
                                                        According to wiki only 4 people died that year, Hanibal stood out

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                        It's only a puppet, man up!
                                                        Bosco was only a puppet,
                                                        that thing it fuking freaky

As for the poker dealer playing in their own club. I don't have a problem with it at all. Simply because most dealers are pretty shitty players. Obviously some are very good, but the average dealer spends hours a week watching monkeys try to play cards, so they end up eating bananas and throwing shit too.

Comment

I'm all grown up thanks.
                                                          I really didn't think anyone here needed it spelled out as it happens, it's basic common sense ffs.

A barman finishes his shift and has a couple of pints with customer A, may have had a good chat, maybe not.In all likelyhood customer A feels comfortable and prob wants to come back, and will tell a couple of mates about his positive experience.

A dealer finishes his shift and sits in a cash game and cleans out customer B, how does that make customer B feel?

Customer B is going to feel pretty unimpressed with the venue alot of the time regardless and might not want to come back and tell 20 people that they shouldn't go there.

Customer B simply shouldn't have had to be in that position in the first place if the guys running the place had a modicum of common sense.
                                                          Thats why I differentiated between tournies and cash, in a 20 table poker club Customer B prob wont be aware the player also worked there.

As for the bar argument,

A barman finishes his shift early and gets hammered and starts a fight with customer B, how does that make customer B feel?

Customer B is going to feel pretty unimpressed with the venue alot of the time regardless and might not want to come back and tell 20 people that they shouldn't go there.

Comment

I see Nick heather is chip leader of the Mini FTOPS 2 day event on FTP, currently 11 left out of 2,682, $150K for the winner...

Comment

As for the bar argument,

A barman finishes his shift early and gets hammered and starts a fight with customer B, how does that make customer B feel?
                                                              In this instance, barman would not be working the next night. Simple as.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                I see Nick heather is chip leader of the Mini FTOPS 2 day event on FTP, currently 11 left out of 2,682, $150K for the winner...
                                                                whats his sn

Comment

Thats why I differentiated between tournies and cash, in a 20 table poker club Customer B prob wont be aware the player also worked there.

As for the bar argument,

If the barman starts a fight with a customer he's sacked.

You seem to be a smart lad and you know exactly what i'm trying to point out.
                                                                  I'm sure you feel all warm and fuzzy after your ridiculous post,who am I to argue. Go ahead enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                    bubbleking finds out he's qualified for the cash league http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=IE&cli...ldescription=1
                                                                    Why do your posts here have re:Bad beat/Moan/Venting Thread in the post title? I've only noticed it the last day or so.

Comment

I'd be disgusted if a dealer sat down at my table who worked there if it was a regular haunt for me.
                                                                      This person would have dealt to all the regular players there and sits down with a huge edge information wise and this knowledge has been got while being paid to be there and also getting tips from me. He is in a position to profit from regs and might turn people off coming back again.

Comparing it to a barman getting off early is ridic. A barman does not have to be involved with anybody else in the bar and can sit alone and have his drink. He is not going to be in a position to make a profit from his early night due to his information on regular customers.
                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

If the barman starts a fight with a customer he's sacked.

You seem to be a smart lad and you know exactly what i'm trying to point out.
                                                                        I'm sure you feel all warm and fuzzy after your ridiculous post,who am I to argue. Go ahead enjoy!
                                                                        I know the point you're making, just really dont agree with it, especially in the case of the likes of Brian - young lad that comes in and deals the tournament, paid cash in hand and then goes home, probably wont be ready to deal cash for a good few months yet and event then only when its very busy, Id actually be telling him to get into the game and watch the dealer to pick up a few pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                          Why do your posts here have re:Bad beat/Moan/Venting Thread in the post title? I've only noticed it the last day or so.
                                                                          i think it's from using that tapatalk thing to post from my phone

Comment

whats his sn
                                                                            salamander6

Comment

I'm really enjoying Justified, thanks to those who suggested it. I'm a sucker for really angry righteous men with guns.

Comment

I know the point you're making, just really dont agree with it, especially in the case of the likes of Brian - young lad that comes in and deals the tournament, paid cash in hand and then goes home, probably wont be ready to deal cash for a good few months yet and event then only when its very busy, Id actually be telling him to get into the game and watch the dealer to pick up a few pointers.
                                                                                Aye I know he's a youg lad but this has zero bearing on the issue,neither does his method of payment.

Any cardroom manager with a modicum of business sense will not allow his dealers to play in cash games, simple.

I realise you're a dealer but from all logical outlooks this makes sense.

Comment

I hopefully dealt my last hand of poker last October. I think the reason I differentiate between tournie and cash is because I remember all too well the dark days of self dealt tournaments of all buyin levels in casinos, Im fairly sure they'd still be here if the likes of myself and Brian hadn't gotten min wage or less to deal and then been allowed to play a cash game with completely different players after work or on days off.

As for studying players? I was in a semi comatose state wishing I was somewhere else/getting as much rake as possible while keeping an eye on the game, certainly not trying to figure out just how I wasn't a millionaire from playing with these donkeys yet.

Comment

I'm all grown up thanks.

Customer B is going to feel pretty unimpressed with the venue alot of the time regardless, and might not want to come back.He may well tell 20 people that they shouldn't go there.

This is just a basic example, there are a whole list of reasons why this shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Do you really need them listed out? Think about it!
                                                                                    Cheers for your reply thats all i wanted just to see peoples views and opinion on the matter.

Ps. One these heading your way

Comment

jesus im not a fan of this episode, its disgusting

Comment

I hopefully dealt my last hand of poker last October. I think the reason I differentiate between tournie and cash is because I remember all too well the dark days of self dealt tournaments of all buyin levels in casinos, Im fairly sure they'd still be here if the likes of myself and Brian hadn't gotten min wage or less to deal and then been allowed to play a cash game with completely different players after work or on days off.
                                                                                        Jaysus Oscar the dark days was there a famine a war on?

Self deal was usually for small buy ins and in fairness the banter back then was much better or maybe im being nostalgic no poxy sun glasses hoodies.

Well if you were getting less than minimum wage that sucks and was is wrong but poker dealing has helped many a student through college and some peopel make a career out of it
                                                                                        its hardly the most ardeous of jobs id not like to do it myself for various reasons
                                                                                        but if your dealing im guessing start off in tourneys then if your good you will get cash games and presumably more money.

Just seeing a guy blow his wages which will indirectly go back to his boss sickens me.

In the late 90s when i lived in holland and worked for ICDS irish cnuts digging sand the boss who had a pub in central Den Hague used pay the guys in cash and they would blow most of it there over a weekend cos you could get bulmers there.

May i ask Oscar if you work for saya big poker company are you allowed play poker on there site?

Comment

Cheers for your reply thats all i wanted just to see peoples views and opinion on the matter.

Ps. One these heading your way

Just what i've always wanted, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                            Have you seen Strike Back. Not at all like Justified, this guy is more like the A-Team roled into one but its enjoyable viewing.

Also the Beeb have a new show with Iris Elba(the one and only Stringer Bell) as a detective with mental and anger issues. Its only just started and its hard to call it just yet but it might turn out good.
                                                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

I'm really enjoying Justified, thanks to those who suggested it. I'm a sucker for really angry righteous men with guns.
                                                                                              lol

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                Jaysus Oscar the dark days was there a famine a war on?

Self deal was usually for small buy ins and in fairness the banter back then was much better or maybe im being nostalgic no poxy sun glasses hoodies.
                                                                                                The last 100 FO I played in the merrion was self deal, most festivals in England even around the £500 mark were self deal.

Comment

The last 100 FO I played in the merrion was self deal, most festivals in England even around the £500 mark were self deal.
                                                                                                  The 100 fo in the merrion what year was this 2004?
                                                                                                  about the time that much of the boards.ie bad mouthing of teh merrion was going on maybe theyw ere short staffed but i started playing in 2003 and self deal was not the norm it did happen but soon we all got used to dealers.

As for England irreleveant you can also get a pint for under 2 euro the women are friendlier and easier and people know how to queue
                                                                                                  and until recently dealers were not allowed to take tips dealers in ireland tip wise have it good that cannot be denied drunk droolers tipping 5 euro out of 50 euro pots helps if you are busty and a woman mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                    Feck it Ted I'm gonna beat the rigger to the lotto

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrUjvONIrA[/ame]
                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I work/help run a small poker club 2 nights a week. Most regulars are happy to get us in a game to get it started or keep it going as there are times where it is tough to get a game going.

Heres my thoughts

As a dealer i am happy to have been in the spot where i can take advantage of juicy tables and sit in.

I think its problematic as if a dealer loses a decent sum i feel it can tempt them to be dishonest and could lead to trouble with money.

I tend to limit my play as i feel really bad if i was to lose a nights wages which is very easily done. I would also be the only dealer that plays who would have a separate poker bankroll. I would actually feel much better coming back another night and losing the money rather than lose it after i finish work.
                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 2.2 Tournament, 12000/24000 Blinds 3000 Ante (3 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t2122914)
                                                                                                        Button (t276986)
                                                                                                        Hero (SB) (t207100)

Hero's M: 4.60

Preflop: Hero is SB with 10, A
                                                                                                        Button bets t273986 (All-In), Hero calls t192100 (All-In), 1 fold

Flop: (t441200) 10, 8, K (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t441200) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t441200) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t441200

Results:
                                                                                                        Button had 7, A (flush, Ace high).
                                                                                                        Hero had 10, A (one pair, tens).
                                                                                                        Outcome: Button won t441200

What can ya do! sigh

Comment

i don't know what to even make of that ep of lost!
                                                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

...
                                                                                                            Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 17-05-10, 08:08.
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Congrats to Nick Heather, see he took down one of the FTOPs for a cool 150k.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                having nevr seen Funny Games i dont know

I haven't watched Cache in a couple of years, french flick. Cache means hidden in english IIRC. Very interesting use of camera and set ups in the film, a lot of it is filmed from cameras in stationary positions ie; a cctv camera outside a house. I thought it was a great watch

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387898/
                                                                                                                Yeah i went and checked it out maybe i will get around to it at some stage, check out Funny Games if you get the chance and see what you think.

What episode was that?
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

...
                                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

FFS,you're in Texas.Rob a bank, hold up a train or bring in an outlaw.How hard can it be?
                                                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I have played in tournies in The Fitz and Eglinton last month where there was a dealer\employee from the club at my table. I have no problem with it.

I can't think of many clubs I have played in where the employees have not played.

I wouldn't fancy playing in a club where I felt I needed a rule to protect me from the prospect of employees getting up to mischief. If they really wanted to they could just collude with a reg or a player who seemed like a random Joe.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Wombatman; 17-05-10, 08:53.
                                                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Mullingar Advertiser
                                                                                                                        Mother and child get jail time after actor left scarred

A Mullingar woman and her three-week-old baby are to begin a nine month jail term after an appeal against her sentence for assault was rejected.

Aileen Greene of Walshestown wept as she apologised to Mullingar Circuit Court for the incident which saw budding actor Justin O’Byrne receive a 6cm scar on his cheek.

“Nobody can do that to anybody and get away with it,” said Judge Anthony Kennedy after he heard evidence of how the hairdresser, who is in her 20s, lost her temper at a night club when comments were made about a friend who had recently taken his own life.

His ex-girlfriend had been “sneering and laughing”, she said, adding “I didn’t mean to hurt anyone. I don’t know why I done it.”

“I’m very sorry,” she wept, adding that she was aware of the pain she had caused and that the incident will always be at the back of her mind.

At 12.20am on August 17, 2008 Justin O’Byrne was socialising in the smoking area of Mojo’s niteclub with friends when he became aware of Greene shouting and screaming.

Garda Eric Naughton described how Mr O’Byrne saw her pick up glasses and throw them at two other women and how he was struck by a piece of glass which ricocheted off a wall, receiving “a severe laceration”.

He has had considerable medical attention and will need plastic surgery. A student, he is a member of well known Mullingar drama group Rail Theatre Company and he performed at last year’s Electric Picnic.

The court heard Greene didn’t know anyone had been injured until gardaí contacted her later and she admitted the offence immediately.

A civil case is underway, but Greene’s separate offer of €5,000 in the criminal court was rejected by Mr O’Byrne.

Greene’s father Seamus said his daughter had never given any trouble and had been very upset at the tragic death of her friend. She has also been upset since the assault.

Judge Kennedy said comments referred to in Mr O’Byrne’s mother’s victim impact statement were “completely unacceptable”.

Mrs O’Byrne said Greene had been overheard on the steps of the court in Mullingar saying “Oh it’s not even such a bad scar. I don’t know what he’s complaining about”.

She also said Greene had intimidated her son by staring at him at traffic lights two weeks later; however Greene denied that she had ever seen the victim outside court.

Her barrister Mr Padraig Hogan said gardaí had investigated the incident but nothing came of it.

Judge Kennedy refused Greene’s appeal and sentenced her to nine months in jail but adjourned the sentence to begin not before Tuesday, after her little sister’s communion.
                                                                                                                        I wonder what peoples' opinions are on this?

EDIT: The paper reported wrong and the jail term is 3 months.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by coillcam; 17-05-10, 09:08.

Comment

She should get a longer term.

Child should be with father/grandparent/s during said time.
                                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X