Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    FYP to prevent sue-age
    Changed it just in case
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      Who in the hell is Rachel Allen?
      Is it just me then who wants to bang Rachel Allen? I don;t know why either, must be the cooking stuff

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
        Is it just me then who wants to bang Rachel Allen? I don;t know why either, must be the cooking stuff
        Just googled her. Yea she would get it.

Comment

I'd deffs give her 1 too.

Comment

Let me get this straight, Darina Allens husband ACCORDING TO ANONYMOUS INTERNET 'SOURCES, ALLEGEDLY took the blame for his son who is married to Rachel Allen?
            That was the rumor,not just internet nerds like us either,the whole country was whispering,IRRC.

Originally posted by oleras View Post
            Cousin list ?
            Bad man.

Not just you,Rachel is hawt,the mother in law is a dog.
            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Tyler Maxwell. A possible alternative way of dealing with mr Angry. (some would say provoking)

GO double or quits with him accepting that the rules are: he must take out the block and in doing so prevent the tower from falling, Tell him he can use his other hand to prevent the tower falling. Then when he starts to furtively pull out the block, smash the fecking tower to the ground knocking the blocks everywhere. Demand payment as he didn't prevent the tower falling. All bets with him in the future should include the possibility of you smashing something in front of him and him losing on a clever technicality, this way you'll look forward to his ranting behaviour and get free entertainment to boot.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 01-02-10, 16:10.
                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

+ a million.

I'd say she defo has the repressed housewife thing going. Duuuuurty
                  Last edited by daire; 01-02-10, 16:12.

Comment

Yummy mummies.

Comment

Rachel isn't in the same division as Nigella

filthbags all of you
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Rachel isn't in the same division as Nigella

funbags

FYP.

Comment

Say what you like about it but boards BBV had a far better class of hot wimmins pics.

Comment

Any transfer activity of note so far today with only 30ish mins left? I haven't bothered keeping up to date on skys most-important-day-ever-since-the-last-deadline-day activity.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              Any transfer activity of note so far today with only 30ish mins left? I haven't bothered keeping up to date on skys most-important-day-ever-since-the-last-deadline-day activity.
                              Liverpool bought Bobby Moore, Pele and Maradona

for a mere six billion

Comment

Liverpool bought Bobby Moore, Pele and Maradona

for a mere six billion
                                Veterans can help settle down a side, but signing a dead lad really is too conservative I think.

Comment

Veterans can help settle down a side, but signing a dead lad really is too conservative I think.
                                  he's replacing the manager, another dead hand at the tiller

Comment

Absolutely nothing of note. Lots of loan deals that no one gives a $hite about though...eg Daniel Cousin going to Larissa in Greece from Hull till the end of the season. Big woop

Comment

Desperation bluff:

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP ($96.95)
                                      Button ($38.88)
                                      SB ($105.32)
                                      Hero (BB) ($100)
                                      UTG ($111.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 9
                                      2 folds, Button calls $1, 1 fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($2.50) 3, J, Q (2 players)
                                      Hero bets $2.25, Button calls $2.25

Turn: ($7) 6 (2 players)
                                      Hero bets $5, Button calls $5

River: ($17) 4 (2 players)
                                      Hero checks, Button bets $12.75, Hero raises $91.75 (All-In), 1 fold with only $18 behind!

Total pot: $42.50

Results:
                                      Hero had 10, 9 (high card, Queen).
                                      Outcome: Hero won $119.40

Comment

January was my first winning month since June 2009 BTW. Pretty happy with that one!

Comment

Quick question for BBV.

My last two electricity bills have been huge, like 3x as much as most of mine in the past. I checked the meter today, and it appears to match, although it seems to think i have used 1000 day units in like 7 days surely this is impossible and either I'm paying for the entire apartment complex or else it's just broken or something.

Ideas?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                              Quick question for BBV.

My last two electricity bills have been huge, like 3x as much as most of mine in the past. I checked the meter today, and it appears to match, although it seems to think i have used 1000 day units in like 7 days surely this is impossible and either I'm paying for the entire apartment complex or else it's just broken or something.

Ideas?

Comment

Quick question for BBV.

Ideas?
                                                happened here before, we had "estimated bills" for 7/8 months as nobody had been home to let your man in to read the meter. When they finally came, the meter was a few hundred euro ahead of the last bill.

So new *correct bill came to about 3x normal bill

Unfortunately, the next bill was estimated, figuring that we'd used the same bump in units as the last month, so same price again, same the next time too until we realised and rang it in.

Something similar could be going on for you?

Comment

Quick question for BBV.

Ideas?
                                                  I had a similar problem in my apt after reading the meter but when rang up to give out was told that to get a proper reading you have to press the button 5-6 times to get the correct usage.... Newfangled elec meters

It turns out they were right...

Comment

Hoping some of you guys can help out here.

I'm looking for a book that focuses on competitiveness in humans i.e. why are we competitive, what makes a competitive person, why are some people more competitive than others, is competitiveness attributable to nature or nurture, how to tap into the competitive nature of people etc

Basically something that offers biological and/or psychological explanations and arguments.

I'd imagine it's covered in a lot of sports psychology books but I wouldn't know which one to start with. Searches on Google and Amazon revealed a lot of business books for improving a companies competitiveness and the entire marketplace seems to be inundated with such books that would be of no use to me. I did find this book, but it's from the mid-eighties and I was hoping to find something a little more up to date.

I know that some people are well read in the field of psychology so I thought I'd give it a shot. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by pok3rplaya View Post
                                                      Desperation bluff:

No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

MP ($96.95)
                                                      Button ($38.88)
                                                      SB ($105.32)
                                                      Hero (BB) ($100)
                                                      UTG ($111.35)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, 9
                                                      2 folds, Button calls $1, 1 fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($2.50) 3, J, Q (2 players)
                                                      Hero bets $2.25, Button calls $2.25

Turn: ($7) 6 (2 players)
                                                      Hero bets $5, Button calls $5

River: ($17) 4 (2 players)
                                                      Hero checks, Button bets $12.75, Hero raises $91.75 (All-In), 1 fold with only $18 behind!

Total pot: $42.50

Results:
                                                      Hero had 10, 9 (high card, Queen).
                                                      Outcome: Hero won $119.40
                                                      I really hope you showed
                                                      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Robbie Keane off to Celtic?
                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

So i am not on my own in the Rachel Allen loving, good stuff. I may as well throw this one out there then... Sarah Beeney, your one off property ladder... but only when she is pregnant

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                            That's some level of commitment! Do you mean you weren't winning even including rakeback?
                                                            I might have had one month where I was in the green when I take rakeback into account, not really sure tbh. It's not really like it makes a difference anyway, after a month of grinding being down €1k or up like €200 feel pretty much equally terrible.

2010 is going to be my first €100k year though I can feel it!

Comment

Cliff Notes

- I won 6 Jackpot SNGs in a row, for $160,000.
                                                              - ipoker accused me of collusion
                                                              - They provided no solid evidence, and one hand history that isn't even suspect play
                                                              - They refuse to re-open the case, or to allow a 3rd party investigate it
                                                              - I feel I have been robbed and my character questioned.
                                                              - Ipoker still owe me $160,000.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29...-tl-dr-700172/

Cliff Notes

- I won 6 Jackpot SNGs in a row, for $160,000.
                                                                - ipoker accused me of collusion
                                                                - They provided no solid evidence, and one hand history that isn't even suspect play
                                                                - They refuse to re-open the case, or to allow a 3rd party investigate it
                                                                - I feel I have been robbed and my character questioned.
                                                                - Ipoker still owe me $160,000.

Opr
                                                                I assume by I you're reporting what this chap said and it didn't happen to you!? EDIT - I see you just copied his cliffnotes, nevermind so

Nothing surprises me with iPoker, I may take what money I have on there off and just never play on that network again if that situation turns out to be how it seems.
                                                                "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

What is the name of the girl who reads the sports news on on the 6pm RTE news. Country girl, mid to late twenties.

??
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by AdMMM View Post
                                                                    I'd imagine it's covered in a lot of sports psychology books but I wouldn't know which one to start with. Searches on Google and Amazon revealed a lot of business books for improving a companies competitiveness and the entire marketplace seems to be inundated with such books that would be of no use to me. I did find this book, but it's from the mid-eighties and I was hoping to find something a little more up to date.

I know that some people are well read in the field of psychology so I thought I'd give it a shot. Cheers.
                                                                    Can't help much as I don't know of any books on the topic, but you might find some help on Diane Gill's website on which you can read her papers:

Seems like any good analysis is likely to be beyond the sports psychologists though who tend to be, um, less than stellar thinkers. Think PE teachers : teachers.

Any full account would look at evolutionary psychology, attachment, I suppose Alfred Adler would be bound to have some interesting things to say on competitiveness if you look for it, and social psychology.

Here's a semi-interesting paper I just read there while having a gander:

How come you are studying it? If it is sports related then you might want to give Aidan Moran in UCD a shout for advice.

Comment

Hey guys, just wondering if any of ya heard of the mirage poker club in killea, read it on a boards thread from about 6 months ago, just wondering if it still exists or any info on games. thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                        I assume by I you're reporting what this chap said and it didn't happen to you!? EDIT - I see you just copied his cliffnotes, nevermind so

Nothing surprises me with iPoker, I may take what money I have on there off and just never play on that network again if that situation turns out to be how it seems.
                                                                        I won five a couple of years back and in the 6th one I got AA busted twice to knock me out. I felt it was rigged right then but no way to prove that obv.
                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                          im going to enjoy reading this. At a guess I reckon more than 50% of the claims for this are fraud related. Never collated the actual stats im just basing this on the emails i get in relation to it.
                                                                          would appreciate if you could give us some behind the scenes info into this investigation. If you can access anything like that at all?

Its probably as obvious as poor dbc' problem earlier in the year, but I'd still like to know.
                                                                          Last edited by KevIRL; 22-01-13, 19:37.

Comment

Iphone Ship It!!!

Ps there were a couple of good Free poker apps etc posted up over the road anyone have idea's what apps are worth downloading???

thanks

Philip

Comment

edit: Maybe not the best place to post this pic

Comment

chooon

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGUU7CiK7YU&feature=related[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                  im going to enjoy reading this. At a guess I reckon more than 50% of the claims for this are fraud related. Never collated the actual stats im just basing this on the emails i get in relation to it.
                                                                                  After I read it I was thinking about how hard it would be for a team of people to specifically try and cheat to win that Jackpot. It would need to be a very sophisticated and elaborate plan in other to claim the prize without arousing suspicion but its a very large incentive for any unscrupulous people with a little time, intelligence and knowledge of online poker.

Opr

Comment

No more PM's please

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                      What is the name of the girl who reads the sports news on on the 6pm RTE news. Country girl, mid to late twenties.

??
                                                                                      Is it Evan McQuillan or something like that?? Spelling is way off though.

Edit to say Evanne Ni Chuillinn,, that her?

Comment

No she would defo get it

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                        Tyler Maxwell. A possible alternative way of dealing with mr Angry. (some would say provoking)

GO double or quits with him accepting that the rules are: he must take out the block and in doing so prevent the tower from falling, Tell him he can use his other hand to prevent the tower falling. Then when he starts to furtively pull out the block, smash the fecking tower to the ground knocking the blocks everywhere. Demand payment as he didn't prevent the tower falling. All bets with him in the future should include the possibility of you smashing something in front of him and him losing on a clever technicality, this way you'll look forward to his ranting behaviour and get free entertainment to boot.
                                                                                        Tyler Maxwell lol some interesting points there Mr Solsktired. So basically there was a back and forth for awhile a lot of raised voices but my mate in the end decided to pay it to him to keep the peace, i told him he was a fool for doing it and that he would of never paid you if you did, i called my mate an angleshooting scumbag and he should be ashamed for taking the money.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                          Iphone Ship It!!!

Ps there were a couple of good Free poker apps etc posted up over the road anyone have idea's what apps are worth downloading???

thanks

Philip
                                                                                          Freebies
                                                                                          Stanza
                                                                                          Sky Sports
                                                                                          Facebook
                                                                                          Shazam
                                                                                          Eirtext - then get the paid version once you see how good it is

Paid
                                                                                          Wunderradio - best app on the iphone imo

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                            Is it Evan McQuillan or something like that?? Spelling is way off though.

Edit to say Evanne Ni Chuillinn,, that her?
                                                                                            Yes, that's her! Must say, she floats my boat.
                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                              Nope that's not it either, here's a thread to some other fella looking for it on boards: http://www.face.boards.ie/vbulletin/...p?t=2055812356

He didn't/ hasn't got a reply in the name that tune thread...

This could be a real test for the BBV!! I can't find it anywhere on google or on YT. Keep an eye out for the ad on the TV, it's defo different on our screens!! And at this stage I'm becoming obsessed with finding out what it's called!!
                                                                                              Just saw/heard this 2nite, did you ever find it out?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                  Just saw/heard this 2nite, did you ever find it out?
                                                                                                  Nope...

Comment

Is it just me or does this place feel a little cozier than boards.

Kinda like boards but someone's put a log fire on.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                                                                                        Is it just me or does this place feel a little cozier than boards.

Kinda like boards but someone's put a log fire on.
                                                                                                        No personal abuse, whether you be directing it at a person or at Boards, which isn't a person but i don't care!

also, no lighting fires!

Banned for a week

or

Take a little break

or

Another generic heavy-handed response

Comment

"Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                            Yes, that's her! Must say, she floats my boat.
                                                                                                            She does a lot of the interviews during the GAA season, seems a nice young wan . Could be wrong but I think she is from Wexford - ah well - cant be all good.

Edit to say Nope from Kilkenny.
                                                                                                            Last edited by careca; 01-02-10, 20:24.

Comment

Pretty Epic

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
                                                                                                                How bad is it that it took me ages to see what that was?

Comment

Quick question for BBV.

Ideas?
                                                                                                                  Karma

Ex Haitian electricity board employee says hello.
                                                                                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Pretty Epic

WOW a real life Griffin

Comment

Originally posted by Insanodude View Post
                                                                                                                      Hey guys, just wondering if any of ya heard of the mirage poker club in killea, read it on a boards thread from about 6 months ago, just wondering if it still exists or any info on games. thanks.
                                                                                                                      Yes, its still going. You could try PM'ing the guy at the bottom of this threadhttp://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=58905393

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
                                                                                                                        Easy fold

Comment

A dad is on his way home a bit late from the office
                                                                                                                          when he realises that it's his daughter's birthday and
                                                                                                                          he has not bought her a gift. So he stops at a toy
                                                                                                                          store to buy his daughter a Barbie. Inside he sees a
                                                                                                                          Barbie display and asks the salesgirl how much the
                                                                                                                          Barbies are. The girl responds: "Which one?

We have:

Gymnasium Barbie: £19.95;
                                                                                                                          Volleyball Barbie: £19.95;
                                                                                                                          Shopping Barbie: £19.95;
                                                                                                                          Surfer Barbie: £19.95;
                                                                                                                          Disco Barbie: £19.95; and
                                                                                                                          Divorced Barbie: £299.95

Shocked, the man asks, "Why is Divorced Barbie
                                                                                                                          £299.95 when all the other Barbies are £19.95?"
                                                                                                                          Exasperated, the girl responds: "Sir, Divorced Barbie comes with":
                                                                                                                          Ken's Car
                                                                                                                          Ken's House
                                                                                                                          Ken's Boat
                                                                                                                          Ken's furniture
                                                                                                                          Ken's jewellery
                                                                                                                          Ken's money
                                                                                                                          Ken's computer, and
                                                                                                                          ken's best friend

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X