• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clockers-Spike Lee film. Quality.

Comment

anyone here got a ps3?

problem:
      i have modern warfare 2 and want to play a two player with a split screen i have 2 controllers but can't seem to get a 2nd player set up on it.
      any help greatly appreciated

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

whats the story with the prop bet?
        has the money been escrowed?

i notice the thread hasn't been unlocked yet

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
          anyone here got a ps3?

problem:
          i have modern warfare 2 and want to play a two player with a split screen i have 2 controllers but can't seem to get a 2nd player set up on it.
          any help greatly appreciated
          If you are trying to play spilt screen on line you can't .

Can only do spec-ops I think.

Comment

Broke down earlier on on the Naas rd, car overheated, steam billowing everywhere.

I jumped out with a pitiful 1/4 full bottle of water,and a guy going by shout's "buddy, whatever you do wait till it cools down before you put water in"

Another dude in the traffic calls me over and gives me his full bottle of Ballygowan.

Luck would have it that I'm 50 yards from a mechanics yard and two guys come out and spend 10 minutes repairing an air locked fan, top me up with water, fix the car right up and away I go.

Altruism is truly alive and well in Dublin.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

DBC hasn't escrowed yet obv. Apparently he needs 2 more days...

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                If you are trying to play spilt screen on line you can't .

Can only do spec-ops I think.
                no iam trying to play a 2 player with the youngfella

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                  so where does this leave the bet?
                  is he not after loosing now and must pay up?

Comment

no iam trying to play a 2 player with the youngfella
                    Story mode I assume it is. But I think you can't do that either.

Only ever played 2 player Spec ops on spilt screen and never even tried the story 2 player.

Em unfortually I am out at the mo and can't check for ya.

(Serves ys right for having a PS3 and not an Xbox btw )

Comment

he escrowed some of the money a few days ago

Comment

I wonder how much HAS been escrowed.
                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Broke down earlier on on the Naas rd, car overheated, steam billowing everywhere.

I jumped out with a pitiful 1/4 full bottle of water,and a guy going by shout's "buddy, whatever you do wait till it cools down before you put water in"

Another dude in the traffic calls me over and gives me his full bottle of Ballygowan.

Luck would have it that I'm 50 yards from a mechanics yard and two guys come out and spend 10 minutes repairing an air locked fan, top me up with water, fix the car right up and away I go.

Altruism is truly alive and well in Dublin.
                          obviously you dropped these guys a fifty each

Comment

so where does this leave the bet?
                            is he not after loosing now and must pay up?
                            Hector agreed to an extension, but i assume Noel can just demand payment now as per the T&C

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                              Story mode I assume it is. But I think you can't do that either.

Only ever played 2 player Spec ops on spilt screen and never even tried the story 2 player.

Em unfortually I am out at the mo and can't check for ya.

(Serves ys right for having a PS3 and not an Xbox btw )

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                he escrowed some of the money a few days ago
                                Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                I wonder how much HAS been escrowed.
                                Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                Hector agreed to an extension, but i assume Noel can just demand payment now as per the T&C
                                i think it was widely speculated that this was a likely outcome

Comment

obviously you dropped these guys a fifty each
                                  Score each, funny I had two twentys in my hand and the boss guy says "ah it's alright, twenty will do us"

Then the other guy grabbed the other one out of my hand, lol.

Comment

Whatever about Dcb being perma banned from here when/if he renegades on bet-he should defo get any loots hes esgrowed already back. I presume thats the case?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                      jesus this travel thing is fair tilting ...

so, any recommendations of what to do in Budapest?
                                      Welcome to my world.

I'd get a plane as near as possible then train home.

Looks like there is going to be nothing in or out till at least Monday. If it stays closed till then there will be a lot of people on the move in a hurry because its likely to close again if the wind turns back to the NE
                                      BBC show a low pressure moving between Iceland and us on Monday that might clear the air a bit but by late Tuesday there are more NE winds feeding down over us.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                        he is obv fully rolled for it btw.

money is just resting in someones account i assume.
                                        If he doesnt come up with it by 6pm are you gonna claim the winnings

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                          Cheers to the lads who gave laptop advice earlier, I've a few shortlisted but this one is the current favourite...http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Acer_Asp...on.asp?PID=947

Anyone good with laptops able to take a look at that for me? Basically is it good value for money, is there anything major I'm missing that I really should get? It'll mainly be used for poker and browsing maybe the odd game but not very often. Seems to be getting very good reviews everywhere I look.
                                          The oul one has this laptop. Great Machine. Heavy though and battery gets pretty poor pretty quick. Otherwise its reallt solid and never had any real problems with it.

gg
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

What a tough life stuck in a nice hotel in a wonderful capital city while fully paid.

How awful, I mean you could be a laid off worker in the dole queue, an Icelandic volcano refugee, or a starving child in Africa. Won't you have some compassion for those less fortunate.

Typical Celtic Tiger cub imo.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                              Whatever about Dcb being perma banned from here when/if he renegades on bet-he should defo get any loots hes esgrowed already back. I presume thats the case?
                                              I dunno tbh, basically once he escrowed the first $1 he entered into the bet, so now if he fails to complete it, he loses. At least thats how I see it. Not thats its any of my business anyway...

Comment

I dunno tbh, basically once he escrowed the first $1 he entered into the bet, so now if he fails to complete it, he loses. At least thats how I see it. Not thats its any of my business anyway...
                                                i would be of the same opinion if he is after sending some of the monies he is after basically activating the bet. he either wins or looses now

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainPlanet View Post
                                                  The oul one has this laptop. Great Machine. Heavy though and battery gets pretty poor pretty quick. Otherwise its reallt solid and never had any real problems with it.

gg
                                                  only thing about this one is the athlon processor. also what type of screen is on it?

Comment

i would be of the same opinion if he is after sending some of the monies he is after basically activating the bet. he either wins or looses now
                                                    and so who do u give the money to that he has escrow?

charity?
                                                    divide it up between BCB/HJ/TG etc
                                                    or does ciaran set up a tourney for all IPB heads with the money as added prizemoney?

Comment

Yeah your right...none of mine either tbf. Just would be tough to hear about dude losing what one can only assume is his entire net loots through to ego and pride,whatever you think of the guy but I guess terms were pretty clear.

Comment

Just my thoughts on the Prop bet;

1. If Chris didn't have the funds available then he shouldn't have entered the bet - he also shouldn't be gambling with the case loots (which now appears to be the case) but that's none of my business.

2. If he only manages to come up with 50% of the required funds then he should be allowed to complete the challenge for 50% of monies wagered - but again this is up to the discretion of the people he entered the bet with and none of my business.

from my own selfish point of view i hope he comes up with the funds and has a massive sweat on day 5.

Good luck to all involved.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                          Yeah your right...none of mine either tbf. Just would be tough to hear about dude losing what one can only assume is his entire net loots through to ego and pride,whatever you think of the guy but I guess terms were pretty clear.
                                                          You left out stupidity.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Posted yet?

Comment

Whats the difference between Eyjafjallajoekull and Cheryl Cole?

Eyjafjallajoekull is still blowing Ash

Comment

and so who do u give the money to that he has escrow?

charity?
                                                                divide it up between BCB/HJ/TG etc
                                                                or does ciaran set up a tourney for all IPB heads with the money as added prizemoney?
                                                                he would be supposed to pay it all as per t&c
                                                                if he can't then whatever monies that have been escrowed split on a percentage of what action was taken by each individual

i like the idea of an ipb tournie though

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post

Posted yet?
                                                                  congrats , is it a boy or girl do you know ? Left the ol glasses in work.

Comment

Read the latest headlines, news stories, and opinion from Politics, Entertainment, Life, Perspectives, and more.

Ambramovichs new yacht, the biggest in the world.
                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post

Posted yet?
                                                                      Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                      it looks like a willy hanging there between his kegs

Comment

i like the idea of an ipb tournie though
                                                                        I'm sure if we divvied up his money and played for it, we'd never ever ever get spammed again.
                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Fao max power

Here's a bit on Vietnam, like I said, it been almost eight years since I was there so some of this may be out of date.

Vietnam was by far my favourite country in South East Asia ahead of Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singaporea and Indonesia (not in that order btw)

If at all possible, I'd look to stay there for more than two weeks. You can get a one month tourist visa which is what I got and even at that, I felt a bit pushed for time.

Ho Chi Minh
                                                                          ------------

I was a little disappointed with Ho Chi Minh. It has a very big city feel about it because, well, it a big city with bright lights, tall modern buildings which kind of makes it like being anywhere in the world. I felt that it larked character.

Despite that, we did spend a few days here.

Highlights included

Shopping - Being a big city they have proper shoping malls where stuff is dirt cheap.

Saigon Water Park - Entry was $4 back then and you were able to go on every slide as much as you wanted. We only stayed there for 5 hours one day, just to make sure we got our money's worth.

Cu Chi Tunnels - These are only about 30Km away from HCM and you can do a day tour of them for quite a cheap price. Either your hotel or any of the cafe/tourist agent thingys will organise it for you. My guide for the tunnels was from South Vietnam (as opposed to my North Vietnamese tour guide of the DMZ) and we got a slightly different version of the war. It's also where I got to shot an M16 which was really good fun.

Mekong Delta - We were tight on time, so we only managed a day trip to the Mekong Delta and I found it all a little bit underwhelming really.

Post Office - yes, the post office, three of the funniest hours of my life as I attempted to post a CD and a painting home. There is a reason why Vietnam almost has 100% employment. They have 8 stages to go through in order to post something. Q'ing in the post office, I am literally surrounded by the locals as they all get served befoe me at each of the 8 hatches. There is smokes, alochol, live animals, fire-works, etc all being accepted no problem, by my CD has to be listened to and the painting has to be unwrapped and viewd by the cultural desk incase I'm exporting anything that is negative towards the communist regime.

Na Thrang
                                                                          ----------

Na Thrang is billed as Vietnam's seaside party resort with a few good pubs in the shape of the Sailing Club (have a few jam jars while you're here, strong, strong, stuff) Crazy Kim Bar and the Rainbow Bar.

During the day, there isn't a whole lot to do so you can do a boat trip or just chill out and relax on the beach.

One downside about Na Thran is that it was the only place in Vietnam I didn't feel overly safe at night. I was probably fine but there was a bit of an edgey feel to the place at night

Hoi-An
                                                                          -------

Without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite place in the whole of South East Asia. Hoi-An is a tiny little town that is just picture perfect. The town was settled by Chinese in the 11th or 12th century and a lot of it looks like it hasn't changed since then.

There isn't a whole lot to do here which is kinda the point, you are meant to just relax and soak up the character of the place. There are several local artists that display their work in the little shops (some amazing stuff for next to nothing) and there are also lots of excellent tailors that can knock you up a quality suit or shirts in a day or two.

I still have my painting that a bought for 50 quid and I still love it!

When you are not meandering around the town during the day, rent a motorbike and head out to Cua Dai Beach about 5km outside the town and spend the day sitting on a beautiful beach hoping into the water to kill off any hangover you have from the night before.

The night life in Hoi-An isn't hardcore party central but there are a few goods pubs full of locals and backpackers that will more than keep you entertained. Pubs that I can remember are the Peace Bar and the Tam Tam Cafe & Bar - two really good spots

There is also loads of lovely little restaurants in Hoi-An. We manage to stumble accross an Italian restaurants one night which was bizaarre but it was the nicest Italian restaurant I've ever been in.

Hue
                                                                          ----

Pretty small town on the central coast and is a Unesco World Heritage Site. The main attraction here is the moated citadel which was built in the 1800's

When we were here, we rented motorbikes again and headed out to Thuan An Beach, it was as much a day trip out into the surrounding country side as it was a trip to the beach. It was great fun getting out on some of the worst roads ever and by the time we got to the beach, it was raining. Meh, we still got in and had a swim, much to the amusement of the locals

If you do stop in Hue, do go on a guided tour of the DMZ (The Demilitarised Zone) it's pretty much where eveything happened back in the day! Our guide was brilliant (North Vietnamese who gave a slighlty different view on things from his Southern counterpart on the Cu Chi tour - the truth most likely lies somewhere in the middle but it was great to hear both sides of it) We did a one day tour which started at 5:30am but it was well worth it. We went to the Hien Luong Bridge, Ben Hai River, Cuatong Beach, Ho Chi Minh Trail, Docmieu Combat Base and my favourite, the Vinh Moc Tunnels

The Vinh Moc Tunnels are the real deal and have not been re-built like some other tunnels in Veitnam for tourism. They are anywhere from 15 to 30metres underground and to think that people lived in them for 3 years solid without ever coming up to the surface is some crazy shit.

Hanoi
                                                                          ------

Hanoi is the dog bollix and beats Ho Chi Minh hands down -FACT!

It's full of character and charm with lakes, muesems, temples and old school French colonial buildings. It really is just a beautiful place.

The ratio of motorbikes to traffic lights is about a billion to one. Crossing the street is fun. I found that if you just walk straight out, don't pause or hesitate at any point, the motorbikes generally tend to just weave their way around you! Either that or I'm just a lucky son of a bitch that never got knocked down

Things I did and really enjoyed

Water Puppet Show

The Revolutionery Muesem

Muesem of Fine Arts

The Temple of Literature (Confucious studied and taught here)

Hoan Kiem Lake

Water Park - The day we decided to go, it was raining, meh, we're Irish, we're used to the rain, so we bought a few plastic pouncho's and off we went. Rather oddly, the water park was closed due to the rain but the amusement park close by was open so we hit that up instead. Great fun had by us and all the locals laughing at us!

Highway #4 - This is a pub that has to be done. It sells some of the mankiest drinks I've ever had, but you've got to try them. They are meant to be medicinal but with names like, 5 snake, Bee Hive and my favourite Goats Balls, you've got to wonder. By the way, the name of each is not just a fancy name, it's the main part of the drink. I mean it's probably (hopefully) the only time I'll ever say I had a shot of goats balls in my mouth

There are loads of cool little pubs about the place, nearly all of whose names I forget but you will easily fall into them. Two goods nightlubs (for Asia) when I was there was New Century and Apocalypse Now.

Jazz Club by Quyen Van Mink - I don't care if you like Jazz or not, just go here. This place is just so cool. Every night a 5 or 6 piece jazz band play and the place is just sooo cool. You can get dinner there or just have a few beers and they have a pool table aswell. Did I mention that this place was the absolute schizzle!!!

While there is loads of cool restaurants and cafes, one stood out well above the rest for me and that was Baquette and Chocolat and could be found on
                                                                          11 Cha Ca Street, I loved this place. The interior was cool, especially upstairs and the food was great.

Halong Bay and Cat Ba Island
                                                                          ----------------------------

From Hanoi, you can organise a trip to Halong Bay and Cat Ba island. It is mandatory on the way there to sing Halong Bay ala Red Hot Chilli Peppers

We did a two night trip, opting to spend one night on the boat in the middle of the bay and one night on Cat Ba Island.

The first day you head out into the bay looking around a few caves and basically just kicking back and relaxing.

The night we spent on the boat was brilliant. There was me and three of my mates, a few Scots, a few English and a German couple. After dinner, we started into right 'ole session (and drank every alcoholic dink on the boat) which included a great sing song. Even the cptain of the boat joined in with some classic Vietnamese numbers. Then around midnight, in the pitch black, we all decided it would be a good idea to go night swimming and it turned out to be a great idea!

The 2nd night on Cat Ba Island was a much tamer affair, the local nightclub reminded me of an old GAA hall only not quite as good but we had a bit of a laugh.

On the way back to Halong, we stoped off for another (daytime) swim in Halong Bay. Was a very enjoyable two days overall

---------

Overall, my advise would be to have an idea of what you want to do / see, but keep the plan very flexable

If you like somewhere, chill out and and stay a few days. If you don't move on, there is loads to see

Don't fly anywhere and payover the odds for fancy tour buses. We travelle on some private buses and some public buses. We had good craic on the public ones with the locals

Vietnam is a fairly safe place and there was only one time that I felt a bit dodgy but at the same time, don't be stupid and flaunt loads of money around and keep an eye on your belongings

Check ahead for towns to see if they have an ATM. Some didn't back then, so we had to make sure we had taken enough cash out before we left a city with an ATM

The people trying to sell you stuff on the streets are not the same as 'normal' (for want of a better word) Vietnamese. We hung out with some cool locals who are eager to chat to you and are very friendly. it's not a con or a sting, they just are a friendly bunch.

If there is anything in particular you want to ask, shoot me a PM and if I can answer I will.

Other than that, enjoy it you jammy bastard, would love to be heading back to Vietnam. I want to hear good solid TR's from your time there!

Comment

im after putting on bets with betfair but when I go to the "my bets" section it says "BSP" where the odds should be. Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                              Here's a bit on Vietnam, like I said, it been almost eight years since I was there so some of this may be out of date.

Vietnam was by far my favourite country in South East Asia ahead of Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singaporea and Indonesia (not in that order btw)

If at all possible, I'd look to stay there for more than two weeks. You can get a one month tourist visa which is what I got and even at that, I felt a bit pushed for time.

Ho Chi Minh
                                                                              ------------

I was a little disappointed with Ho Chi Minh. It has a very big city feel about it because, well, it a big city with bright lights, tall modern buildings which kind of makes it like being anywhere in the world. I felt that it larked character.

Despite that, we did spend a few days here.

Highlights included

Shopping - Being a big city they have proper shoping malls where stuff is dirt cheap.

Saigon Water Park - Entry was $4 back then and you were able to go on every slide as much as you wanted. We only stayed there for 5 hours one day, just to make sure we got our money's worth.

Cu Chi Tunnels - These are only about 30Km away from HCM and you can do a day tour of them for quite a cheap price. Either your hotel or any of the cafe/tourist agent thingys will organise it for you. My guide for the tunnels was from South Vietnam (as opposed to my North Vietnamese tour guide of the DMZ) and we got a slightly different version of the war. It's also where I got to shot an M16 which was really good fun.

Mekong Delta - We were tight on time, so we only managed a day trip to the Mekong Delta and I found it all a little bit underwhelming really.

Post Office - yes, the post office, three of the funniest hours of my life as I attempted to post a CD and a painting home. There is a reason why Vietnam almost has 100% employment. They have 8 stages to go through in order to post something. Q'ing in the post office, I am literally surrounded by the locals as they all get served befoe me at each of the 8 hatches. There is smokes, alochol, live animals, fire-works, etc all being accepted no problem, by my CD has to be listened to and the painting has to be unwrapped and viewd by the cultural desk incase I'm exporting anything that is negative towards the communist regime.

Na Thrang
                                                                              ----------

Na Thrang is billed as Vietnam's seaside party resort with a few good pubs in the shape of the Sailing Club (have a few jam jars while you're here, strong, strong, stuff) Crazy Kim Bar and the Rainbow Bar.

During the day, there isn't a whole lot to do so you can do a boat trip or just chill out and relax on the beach.

One downside about Na Thran is that it was the only place in Vietnam I didn't feel overly safe at night. I was probably fine but there was a bit of an edgey feel to the place at night

Hoi-An
                                                                              -------

Without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite place in the whole of South East Asia. Hoi-An is a tiny little town that is just picture perfect. The town was settled by Chinese in the 11th or 12th century and a lot of it looks like it hasn't changed since then.

There isn't a whole lot to do here which is kinda the point, you are meant to just relax and soak up the character of the place. There are several local artists that display their work in the little shops (some amazing stuff for next to nothing) and there are also lots of excellent tailors that can knock you up a quality suit or shirts in a day or two.

I still have my painting that a bought for 50 quid and I still love it!

When you are not meandering around the town during the day, rent a motorbike and head out to Cua Dai Beach about 5km outside the town and spend the day sitting on a beautiful beach hoping into the water to kill off any hangover you have from the night before.

The night life in Hoi-An isn't hardcore party central but there are a few goods pubs full of locals and backpackers that will more than keep you entertained. Pubs that I can remember are the Peace Bar and the Tam Tam Cafe & Bar - two really good spots

There is also loads of lovely little restaurants in Hoi-An. We manage to stumble accross an Italian restaurants one night which was bizaarre but it was the nicest Italian restaurant I've ever been in.

Hue
                                                                              ----

Pretty small town on the central coast and is a Unesco World Heritage Site. The main attraction here is the moated citadel which was built in the 1800's

When we were here, we rented motorbikes again and headed out to Thuan An Beach, it was as much a day trip out into the surrounding country side as it was a trip to the beach. It was great fun getting out on some of the worst roads ever and by the time we got to the beach, it was raining. Meh, we still got in and had a swim, much to the amusement of the locals

If you do stop in Hue, do go on a guided tour of the DMZ (The Demilitarised Zone) it's pretty much where eveything happened back in the day! Our guide was brilliant (North Vietnamese who gave a slighlty different view on things from his Southern counterpart on the Cu Chi tour - the truth most likely lies somewhere in the middle but it was great to hear both sides of it) We did a one day tour which started at 5:30am but it was well worth it. We went to the Hien Luong Bridge, Ben Hai River, Cuatong Beach, Ho Chi Minh Trail, Docmieu Combat Base and my favourite, the Vinh Moc Tunnels

The Vinh Moc Tunnels are the real deal and have not been re-built like some other tunnels in Veitnam for tourism. They are anywhere from 15 to 30metres underground and to think that people lived in them for 3 years solid without ever coming up to the surface is some crazy shit.

Hanoi
                                                                              ------

Hanoi is the dog bollix and beats Ho Chi Minh hands down -FACT!

It's full of character and charm with lakes, muesems, temples and old school French colonial buildings. It really is just a beautiful place.

The ratio of motorbikes to traffic lights is about a billion to one. Crossing the street is fun. I found that if you just walk straight out, don't pause or hesitate at any point, the motorbikes generally tend to just weave their way around you! Either that or I'm just a lucky son of a bitch that never got knocked down

Things I did and really enjoyed

Water Puppet Show

The Revolutionery Muesem

Muesem of Fine Arts

The Temple of Literature (Confucious studied and taught here)

Hoan Kiem Lake

Water Park - The day we decided to go, it was raining, meh, we're Irish, we're used to the rain, so we bought a few plastic pouncho's and off we went. Rather oddly, the water park was closed due to the rain but the amusement park close by was open so we hit that up instead. Great fun had by us and all the locals laughing at us!

Highway #4 - This is a pub that has to be done. It sells some of the mankiest drinks I've ever had, but you've got to try them. They are meant to be medicinal but with names like, 5 snake, Bee Hive and my favourite Goats Balls, you've got to wonder. By the way, the name of each is not just a fancy name, it's the main part of the drink. I mean it's probably (hopefully) the only time I'll ever say I had a shot of goats balls in my mouth

There are loads of cool little pubs about the place, nearly all of whose names I forget but you will easily fall into them. Two goods nightlubs (for Asia) when I was there was New Century and Apocalypse Now.

Jazz Club by Quyen Van Mink - I don't care if you like Jazz or not, just go here. This place is just so cool. Every night a 5 or 6 piece jazz band play and the place is just sooo cool. You can get dinner there or just have a few beers and they have a pool table aswell. Did I mention that this place was the absolute schizzle!!!

While there is loads of cool restaurants and cafes, one stood out well above the rest for me and that was Baquette and Chocolat and could be found on
                                                                              11 Cha Ca Street, I loved this place. The interior was cool, especially upstairs and the food was great.

Halong Bay and Cat Ba Island
                                                                              ----------------------------

From Hanoi, you can organise a trip to Halong Bay and Cat Ba island. It is mandatory on the way there to sing Halong Bay ala Red Hot Chilli Peppers

We did a two night trip, opting to spend one night on the boat in the middle of the bay and one night on Cat Ba Island.

The first day you head out into the bay looking around a few caves and basically just kicking back and relaxing.

The night we spent on the boat was brilliant. There was me and three of my mates, a few Scots, a few English and a German couple. After dinner, we started into right 'ole session (and drank every alcoholic dink on the boat) which included a great sing song. Even the cptain of the boat joined in with some classic Vietnamese numbers. Then around midnight, in the pitch black, we all decided it would be a good idea to go night swimming and it turned out to be a great idea!

The 2nd night on Cat Ba Island was a much tamer affair, the local nightclub reminded me of an old GAA hall only not quite as good but we had a bit of a laugh.

On the way back to Halong, we stoped off for another (daytime) swim in Halong Bay. Was a very enjoyable two days overall

---------

Overall, my advise would be to have an idea of what you want to do / see, but keep the plan very flexable

If you like somewhere, chill out and and stay a few days. If you don't move on, there is loads to see

Don't fly anywhere and payover the odds for fancy tour buses. We travelle on some private buses and some public buses. We had good craic on the public ones with the locals

Vietnam is a fairly safe place and there was only one time that I felt a bit dodgy but at the same time, don't be stupid and flaunt loads of money around and keep an eye on your belongings

Check ahead for towns to see if they have an ATM. Some didn't back then, so we had to make sure we had taken enough cash out before we left a city with an ATM

The people trying to sell you stuff on the streets are not the same as 'normal' (for want of a better word) Vietnamese. We hung out with some cool locals who are eager to chat to you and are very friendly. it's not a con or a sting, they just are a friendly bunch.

If there is anything in particular you want to ask, shoot me a PM and if I can answer I will.

Other than that, enjoy it you jammy bastard, would love to be heading back to Vietnam. I want to hear good solid TR's from your time there!

tl;dr

Comment

I dont think thats right TBH, if u walked into a bookie's to put a tenner on a horse and only gave the bookie a fiver would he take the fiver and cancel the bet???? i dont think so unless he escrows all the monies the bet doesnt start!

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                  I dont think thats right TBH, if u walked into a bookie's to put a tenner on a horse and only gave the bookie a fiver would he take the fiver and cancel the bet???? i dont think so unless he escrows all the monies the bet doesnt start!
                                                                                  no but the bookie would allow the bet to stand at €5.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                                                                                    no but the bookie would allow the bet to stand at €5.
                                                                                    But that would be a new bet! if no new bet was areed and the old bet doesnt go ahead any money escrowed would have to be shipped back to DBC

Comment

Originally posted by solskjaer View Post
                                                                                      v v good Willie, wp

Comment

im after putting on bets with betfair but when I go to the "my bets" section it says "BSP" where the odds should be. Why is that?
                                                                                        You are on racecard view. Click 'exchange' so you see the current exchange prices, as opposed to Betfair SP (bsp) prices.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                          He didn't do the bet with a bookies, he did it with a few individuals. The T&C where clearly stipulated and tbh many people saw this happening, I have no sympathy in this case.

Comment

I though I accidentally went to the SNG prop bet thread. *adds rolly eyes
                                                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

done my bollocks in the irish soccer betting tonight off to the fitz to see can i recoup the losses

Comment

He didn't do the bet with a bookies, he did it with a few individuals. The T&C where clearly stipulated and tbh many people saw this happening, I have no sympathy in this case.
                                                                                                where does it clearly say what happens if X amount is escrowed?

Comment

where does it clearly say what happens if X amount is escrowed?
                                                                                                  it doesnt say anything

Comment

it doesnt say anything
                                                                                                    exactly so to say

T&C where clearly stipulated
                                                                                                    is clearly wrong

Comment

What happened to his sng prop bet thread? I don't think any compassion needs to be shown in cases like this. If he's screwed himself over here let him learn the hard way imo.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                        What happened to his sng prop bet thread? I don't think any compassion needs to be shown in cases like this. If he's screwed himself over here let him learn the hard way imo.
                                                                                                        How though? if he doesnt have the monies to escrow then how will he get the money to ay off the people who took the bet?

its better just letting it run for whatever % of funds he manages to come up with IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Hornswaggl View Post
                                                                                                          done my bollocks in the irish soccer betting tonight off to the fitz to see can i recoup the losses
                                                                                                          bohs i guess! ugh

how they didnt win
                                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                            bohs i guess! ugh

how they didnt win
                                                                                                            Murphy

Comment

joke wasnt he!
                                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                                joke wasnt he!
                                                                                                                Lloyd probably would have done better

Comment

Yuck! Not often a bad beat gets to me but this one is ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                    I know you have a good relationship with acer, but you should give the compaq presario range a look, http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/Compaq_P...rod.asp?page=1

This one especially, http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/HP_Compa...n.asp?PID=1243

Only real difference is it has dual core pentium as opposed to a celron processor, i have had a simular one for over a year and a half trouble free. There may be better prices though.
                                                                                                                    Ended up ordering that one, if it isn't awesome on your own head be it

Thanks for the advice
                                                                                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Grafter View Post
                                                                                                                      Yuck! Not often a bad beat gets to me but this one is ouch!

http://cakepoker.com/en/HandHistory/...wYjHxMfCzMM%3d
                                                                                                                      thats what shortstackers get - is what a few would think

Comment

Yet another fcuking bubble Gimme that fcuking penguin....
                                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

thats what shortstackers get - is what a few would think
                                                                                                                          With set over set on the turn it was all going in deep or shallow?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X