This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
    We've had the Murray debate loads on here, seriously the only reason he's as disliked is the old bigotry card.

I seriously don't know how anyone cannot like him. He's refreshingly honest, hard-working, and is a winner. I'm a huge fan.

If Murray plays like he did against Nadal, he will beat Fed. No doubts.
    This post is so full of win imo. Completely agree.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
      No you really, really, really aren't
      Ah lads come on she's only trying to be positive. Speaking of knitting remember that school incentive thing recently where the primary school pupils would go around and spend time with the elderly visiting them in their homes and everyone was going "ah thats great". Well what if a few of them hard shaws were just doing it just to case the joint looking for good spots. See they didnt think of that.
      Last edited by rounders123; 28-01-10, 21:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        Charlie Brooker's Newswipe is just so good. Best show on UK tv at the mo.

Popped up links on cousins to this week's episode and last weeks in case anyone missed it and wants to catch up.

(if the link above doesn't work that means you haven't pm'd kev for access to the super sekrit cousins forum)
        He really is great

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
          Ah lads come on she's only trying to be positive. Speaking of knitting remember that school incentive thing recently where the primary school pupils would go around and spend time with the elderly visiting them in their homes and everyone was going "ah thats great". Well what if a few of them hard shaws were just doing it just to case the joint looking for good spots. See they didnt think of that.
          I was one of those kids.

Anyone wanna buy dentures?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
            Bah, same shite as last year. My role is gone and I'm at risk of redundancy again. Have to either get a new role here or out on the scrapheap/become a fulltime IPB employee

Sorry man.
            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Scientific research into the absolutely bleedin obviousRed Hot Chilli Consumption Is Harmful in Patients Operated for Anal Fissure - A Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Study
              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 28-01-10, 22:02.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Scientific research into the absolutely bleedin obvious
                Funny this, coz my girlfriend bought me "Californication" on CD and i told her to stick it up her arse!

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                  Brought a girl home last night. She is still here.

She's waiting for it to get dark so she can go home in last night's clothes.

Conversation has dried the fuck up, and I only have 3 channels on the tv.

Help?
                  She's a keeper imo

*Nah, I'm messing She's not.

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiwmYjk9ARA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiwmYjk9ARA[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                      maybe if you stopped typing on your laptop/mobile/iphone and tried a bit of conversation yourself
                      Well played Colette.

Comment

Originally posted by MrStuffins View Post
                        That is excellent
                        identify yourself

Comment

blow up in the 84k on ftp arrrrr.... KK V AQ to top it off ..q flop a turn obv.. 66k FTW plz 1 time

fk sake.. cant take frency off the hand... should of bet more or pumped flop ffs.

Full Tilt Poker Game #17988776575: $66,000 KO Guarantee (135698632), Table 276 - 120/240 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 16:51:15 ET - 2010/01/28
                          Seat 1: donnie bulge (14,590)
                          Seat 2: macaman23 (6,825)
                          Seat 3: Giesela0060 (2,556)
                          Seat 4: Nemoqwe2 (10,130)
                          Seat 5: aksilverfox1 (2,640)
                          Seat 6: GARIBOU (8,055)
                          Seat 7: patou993 (635), is sitting out
                          Seat 8: imgrinding (18,330)
                          Seat 9: Katchman1 (2,418)
                          donnie bulge antes 25
                          macaman23 antes 25
                          Giesela0060 antes 25
                          Nemoqwe2 antes 25
                          aksilverfox1 antes 25
                          GARIBOU antes 25
                          patou993 antes 25
                          imgrinding antes 25
                          Katchman1 antes 25
                          aksilverfox1 posts the small blind of 120
                          GARIBOU posts the big blind of 240
                          The button is in seat #4
                          *** HOLE CARDS ***
                          Dealt to donnie bulge [Kc Ah]
                          patou993 folds
                          imgrinding folds
                          Katchman1 folds
                          donnie bulge raises to 720
                          macaman23 folds
                          Giesela0060 folds
                          Nemoqwe2 folds
                          aksilverfox1 calls 600
                          GARIBOU has 15 seconds left to act
                          GARIBOU calls 480
                          *** FLOP *** [Th 3h Qh]
                          aksilverfox1 has 15 seconds left to act
                          aksilverfox1 checks
                          GARIBOU checks
                          donnie bulge bets 960
                          aksilverfox1 folds
                          GARIBOU calls 960
                          *** TURN *** [Th 3h Qh] [9s]
                          GARIBOU checks
                          donnie bulge bets 4,305
                          GARIBOU has 15 seconds left to act
                          GARIBOU has requested TIME
                          GARIBOU raises to 6,350, and is all in
                          donnie bulge calls 2,045
                          GARIBOU shows [Qc Jd]
                          donnie bulge shows [Kc Ah]
                          *** RIVER *** [Th 3h Qh 9s] [2c]
                          GARIBOU shows a pair of Queens
                          donnie bulge shows Ace King high
                          GARIBOU wins the pot (17,005) with a pair of Queens
                          Last edited by a-k-47; 28-01-10, 21:58.

Comment

The Peter Principle

This explains why the vast majority of the middle management (and higher) personal I've had the displeasure of working with were completely fucking useless (ignorant also).

In 1969, Dr. Laurence J. Peter and Raymond Hull published their book, The Peter Principle. They contested that “in a hierarchy, every employee tends to rise to his level of incompetence.” In other words, if someone’s doing a good job, he’s going to be utilized more and more. Eventually, he’s going to be promoted up the ladder until he reaches a point where his skills aren’t good enough to get the job done. That’s why there’s so much incompetence in organizations (now you know why you have to wait 2 hours in line at the DMV). The actual work is done by people who have not climbed the ladder up to their “level of incompetence”.
                            Source
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by whyno View Post
                              Are you a bit frigid? Make the best it and dont be on here askin silly questions.
                              ah, Alcohol is a social lubricant.

The next day, the absence of alcohol, makes things very awkward.

Also, she's been here 9 hours.

Riding that length of time would kill ya.

If her friend would hurry the fuck up and get here, I can be on my way.
                              All jokes aside, that such situations pop up time and time again are a testament to what silly creatures humans are. It is hilarious in many respects that you will have two independent adults willing to have a few drinks and some fun the night before because it's what they want to do and it's fun (i.e positive self affirming motivations); then punish themselves the day after by going through uncomfortable routines of politeness and deception that aren't what they want to do and aren't fun (i.e. negative and fearful motivations) - all out of some deep seated fear of being perceived poorly / hurting the other person's feelings.

I think that if the world was entirely rational, given the fact that people were willing to be naked and do stuff with each other they would then have no problem saying "that was fun, let's fuck again some time, gotta run, bye!" to each other. Assuming that there was no connection on a level beyond sex (I'm not even talking deep meaningful relationship stuff here - just enjoying each other's conversation and company).

Anyway Emmet, high five! And next time make sure to remember (after making sure that further sex / fun is not on the cards) that meeting with a lecturer / lunch with friend / shift in work before apologizing and throwing her €20 for a Taxi. You'll both feel a little cheaper, but ultimately be glad you did it and skipped the few hours of squirming in your skin.

Comment

im using same password as boards pre hacking anyway
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr8KrF8vNPM&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Egypt v Algeria, known as the 'Match Of Hate' apparently, was never going to disappoint. Algeria with 3 red cards and a headbutt on the ref that somehow only got a yellow and lose 4-0, the last two reds were just hilarious
                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
                                      im using same password as boards pre hacking anyway
                                      Thanks for letting me know........ damn, i knew i'd get caught out eventually

Comment

obv setup

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                          Egypt v Algeria, known as the 'Match Of Hate' apparently, was never going to disappoint. Algeria with 3 red cards and a headbutt on the ref that somehow only got a yellow and lose 4-0, the last two reds were just hilarious
                                          scumbags they are, he didnt connect with the headbutt, but still should get banned for a long time!. Some dirty tackles flying in.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                            I didn't mean the way the charities collect or what they do with the money. It's just slightly amusing in a dark way, that we are being asked to rally around and support a relief effort in a country that up until this point 75% of people wouldn't have had a clue where it was or even how to spell it.

If all these "do-gooders" supported worthwhile causes in this country like they do every fashionable crusade that appears around the world, maybe so many people in this country wouldn't be living in poverty.

Also just to be clear, I follow the HJ school of charity support, I give nothing to all equally. Charity just messes with Gods natural selection.
                                            I helped raise money through this community last summer, for a project by UCDVO in Haiti. A fair few of my friends have been over and back to Haiti over the past few years, and through them I would know a decent amount about the place and its problems.

However, I do completely see your point about 'designer charity'. I think that people giving money to high profile causes because they want to keep up with the Joneses is worse in many respects than not giving money to any cause ever just because you detest poor people.

But not giving money to any cause ever just because you detest poor people is, make no mistaker about it, utterly reprehensible. So, with all due respect, the likes of yourself and HJ can go fuck yourselves with a rusty pipe. You can rationalize your selfishness and apathy whatever way you like. I ain't buying it.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                              fyp

Poverty is relative, I don't think there are many people actually dying of starvation in this country . If people are dying and suffering and there is a possibility that something I do makes it easier for them, I couldn't give a rats arse what country they are from or if I could name it in a pub quiz. We shouldn't countanance other peoples suffering so lightly, it's called compassion.
                                              May be the best post I've read on this site. Excellent, could not agree more.
                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Still here...

Wearing my clothes...

I'm supposed to be meeting friends in a while.
                                                One of her friends is gonna pick her up at 7

BBV can pick the charity so!
                                                sleaziest post ever on the BBV

wp
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Whats the name of that cognitive bias where people over-state the importance of their own surroundings and understate the bigger picture?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                    Bah, same shite as last year. My role is gone and I'm at risk of redundancy again. Have to either get a new role here or out on the scrapheap/become a fulltime IPB employee
                                                    ahh balls, UL Kev, enjoy the Dam
                                                    Still here...

Wearing my clothes...

I'm supposed to be meeting friends in a while.
                                                    One of her friends is gonna pick her up at 7

BBV can pick the charity so!
                                                    Legend stuff... loving Lloyds approach to catching up...
                                                    Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                    If he said he did it, I'd be pretty sure he did. He's basically the person that almost single handedly hacks the iPhone everytime it's updated, and he usually has it done before it's released.
                                                    Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                    I have no idea but I expect once he releases the hack the rest of the hacking community will get to work on circumventing other security features.

Opr
                                                    Sony will patch it, but he'll just keep re-hacking it, that's what he does with the iPhone...
                                                    Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    That's why his claims dont make much sense.
                                                    unless the original graphics chip from the old console is in there, or an emulator exists, I cant see how that'll work.
                                                    I've no idea, but if he says he's done it, I'd be amazed if he hasn't, it'd ruin his reputation and he has such a reputation that even I've heard of him (from just DL'ing redsnow and the likes to unlock my iPhone), so imagine what he's known as in the hacking community.

EDIT: Also, I presume he'll just use a thing similar to the homebrew channel on the Wii???
                                                    Last edited by Ste05; 28-01-10, 22:41.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                      Whats the name of that cognitive bias where people over-state the importance of their own surroundings and understate the bigger picture?
                                                      Selfishness.
                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                        All jokes aside, that such situations pop up time and time again are a testament to what silly creatures humans are. It is hilarious in many respects that you will have two independent adults willing to have a few drinks and some fun the night before because it's what they want to do and it's fun (i.e positive self affirming motivations); then punish themselves the day after by going through uncomfortable routines of politeness and deception that aren't what they want to do and aren't fun (i.e. negative and fearful motivations) - all out of some deep seated fear of being perceived poorly / hurting the other person's feelings.

I think that if the world was entirely rational, given the fact that people were willing to be naked and do stuff with each other they would then have no problem saying "that was fun, let's fuck again some time, gotta run, bye!" to each other. Assuming that there was no connection on a level beyond sex (I'm not even talking deep meaningful relationship stuff here - just enjoying each other's conversation and company).

Anyway Emmet, high five! And next time make sure to remember (after making sure that further sex / fun is not on the cards) that meeting with a lecturer / lunch with friend / shift in work before apologizing and throwing her €20 for a Taxi. You'll both feel a little cheaper, but ultimately be glad you did it and skipped the few hours of squirming in your skin.
                                                        Stop watching sex in the city man....
                                                        "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

I see the BBV on boards.ie has gotten one post in the last 24 hours

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                            I see the BBV on boards.ie has gotten one post in the last 24 hours
                                                            Everyone must be running good so!

Comment

Id agree with that whole designer charity thing to an extent. It is a bit ridiculus how everyone jumps on the bang wagon and you cant go anywayher atm without 'give money to Haiti'. There's probably places in Africa dying for a good earthquake so they get some media coverage and then some long needed aid.

The other side of it is that at least people are donating/helping people less fortunate. The other one is people bad mouthing celebrety's who get in the papers for charity related activities. I'm sure a lot of the time there are selfish self promoting reasons and i'd prefer it if they didn't but the end result is still good.

Also I was donating to Haiti before it was cool ... thanks to the icon that is Semibluff

Comment

What was your boards name MrStuffins?

Comment

Chose the Make a Wish Foundation they do great work with sick children. WP Emmett on entertaining the BBV

edit: great timing with chubbs post above promise i am not one of them designer charitable types!!
                                                                  Last edited by Jackyback; 28-01-10, 23:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                    What was your boards name MrStuffins?
                                                                    My boards name is MrStuffins

Comment

lol

Comment

You prob thought he was kayroo on boards because of the avatar.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

My boards name is MrStuffins
                                                                          Have you logged off since joining?

Comment

Nah I've seen Kayroo here. I just don't think I was used to seeing it on boards as frequently as here.

And by it, I mean MrStuffins (name), oops.
                                                                            Hi MrStuffins.

Comment

RIP J.D. Salinger

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                Have you logged off since joining?
                                                                                Lol

I have (had) the week off college and have been doing nothing but playing poker online. Gotta make that beer money!

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                                                  RIP J.D. Salinger
                                                                                  good advertisement for a macrobiotic diet imo

Comment

Playing in my first ever competitive rugby match tomorrow in Old Belvedere and, frankly, I am shitting it a small bit. No idea what to expect. Should be a laugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                      Playing in my first ever competitive rugby match tomorrow in Old Belvedere and, frankly, I am shitting it a small bit. No idea what to expect. Should be a laugh
                                                                                      never mind the match, it's the post-match initiation ceremony that should worry you

Comment

It's like American Football but you can't pass forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Rigger View Post
                                                                                          It's like American Football but you can't pass forward.
                                                                                          I am aware of the rules, it's more what to expect on the pitch in terms of physicality and awareness of what's going on.

Comment

I am aware of the rules, it's more what to expect on the pitch in terms of physicality and awareness of what's going on.
                                                                                            Don't think I'll ever forget my first competetive Rugby match. A hellish experience to be sure.

Comment

Question for the techies on here, i have downloaded something from the cousins and when i go to play it on Windows Media Player it comes up with the following message,

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

Do i need to install something else on this lappie to view what i have downloaded? it is a RAR file.

Comment

Damn river

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Won't be a laugh at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                                    Question for the techies on here, i have downloaded something from the cousins and when i go to play it on Windows Media Player it comes up with the following message,

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

Do i need to install something else on this lappie to view what i have downloaded? it is a RAR file.
                                                                                                    It's probably your codecs... either download VLC player (and watch it with that) or the ffdshow codec pack. You'll get either through google or download.com

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post

It's an RAR file? Have you extracted it?

Like, do you have WinRAR or the like installed?

Comment

Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
                                                                                                        Damn river
                                                                                                        That looks like a very soft game!

Comment

Been offline for nigh on three wks and there are almost 1700 posts in this "new" BBV to catch up on - should keep me busy for a while...

*Logged onto boards yesterday for first time in a while and seen 5starpool's post about the new site; best of luck with it here!!!!

Comment

If you're playing in the pack you'll be fine, just leg it from ruck to ruck and throw yourself in.

If you're a back, you'll be shitting it in defence because you'll think you're out of position all day (the odd missed tackle thrown in for good measure) and you'll drop passes in attack.

I'd imagine there'll be a big session afterwards and no one expects anything from you so just try to enjoy it and try not to get banged up too badly .

Comment

Never plugged you as a rugby player.

I'm guessing you are playing for their J4 team? If so we're (Clontarf) in your league and I think playing you in a week or two.
                                                                                                              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

By the way, I have to say I'm disappointed with the general quality of custom avatars. I always thought the BBV would wow me in that respect if they had the ability to choose what they liked. Oh well...

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                                                  It's probably your codecs... either download VLC player (and watch it with that) or the ffdshow codec pack. You'll get either through google or download.com
                                                                                                                  It's an RAR file? Have you extracted it?

Like, do you have WinRAR or the like installed?
                                                                                                                  Cheers think i am sorted, i am so technically retarded.

Comment

By the way, I have to say I'm disappointed with the general quality of custom avatars. I always thought the BBV would wow me in that respect if they had the ability to choose what they liked. Oh well...

That sounds like a challenge!!
                                                                                                                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Pot-kettle
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                                                        That sounds like a challenge!!

Originally posted by Rekop Dog View Post
                                                                                                                        Pot-kettle
                                                                                                                        I know, I'm so unoriginal. A well known sports hero would be much more cutting edge.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X