X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
    Fiver on the middler!
    It's hilarious, they bet nearly always, just a bit less when they are less likely to win, despite the fact still only getting evens on their bet.

Comment

Those puns are driving me nuts

Comment

Also, I wouldn't trust anyone's intelligence if they try to rationalize drink driving. Not to name any names, tipp86.

Comment

Sponsorship Visa granted - that's 4 more years please

Comment

Early start, about 4 hours sleep max. Big first day needed!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
              Early start, about 4 hours sleep max. Big first day needed!
              Good luck Mo. You're worse than Chicken Licken.

Also, check your facebook PMs.
              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                Good luck Mo. You're worse than Chicken Licken.

Also, check your facebook PMs.
                Never seen it, you already have me on skype btw..

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                  It's hilarious, they bet nearly always, just a bit less when they are less likely to win, despite the fact still only getting evens on their bet.
                  the variation we played in cork started off;

you didnt have to bet - boring
                  then you couldnt skip twice in a row - meh still boring
                  then you had to bet every time - fun fun

we also introduced a rule where if you got drawn a 1 gaper and hit everyone at the table had to match your bet - this led to the saying "fiver on the middler". Although some crazy mo fo's seemed intent on "potting the middler"

Game was some craic. I think all logical thinking went out the window and peoples inner gamble started to flourish

Comment

still deflated
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

Likes the awkward moment when you call 7.5x raise with A2o.. Expose your hand and then realize the guy has a good few chips behind.

<<< retard lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                        the variation we played in cork started off;

you didnt have to bet - boring
                        then you couldnt skip twice in a row - meh still boring
                        then you had to bet every time - fun fun

we also introduced a rule where if you got drawn a 1 gaper and hit everyone at the table had to match your bet - this led to the saying "fiver on the middler". Although some crazy mo fo's seemed intent on "potting the middler"

Game was some craic. I think all logical thinking went out the window and peoples inner gamble started to flourish
                        I potted the middler at one stage for €27 but at that stage there was 17 players in the game so 16/1 for a gutterball seemed very logical.
                        Obviously the best strategy for the game is never to switch seats.

Comment

cheer up maybe your new friend will have a morning glory

Comment

God don't get me started on drink driving. There is NO excuse for it no matter how you think you feel when you slip behind the wheel. There is no way your responses are as sharp as they are when sober.

I was married to an alcoholic who thought it was ok to drink drive. He wrote off a car within the first year of moving over and nearly killed the other two relatives he had in the car with him. There would have been 9 young children without fathers had it been fatal.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was when I was out for a rare night out with my friends after one had a baby. My ex would NOT sit in any night of the week without a can or 6 of beer and although I was not happy going out with him having a drink I made sure the children were in bed before I headed out.

I was on my second drink when the girls nipped across to centra for smokes. When they came back they were very very quiet. After 5 mins they told me that they had seen him in centra buying another 8 beers. Now I lived out of town and I thought about my poor kids asleep in bed and him leaving them in alone when they informed me that they were in the car..

I raced home in a taxi to find that he had drunk 6 cans of beer (and it was the 500ml ones) and went out for more and thought it was BEST to not leave the kids in a house on their own.

My attitude by this point towards him was kill yourswlf but not my babies.

I left him not long after this.

I know this is a bit tmi. But letting you know how strongly I feel about drink driving.

And the guy from Jackass who died I have no sympathy for regardless of whether he was driving or not. If you CHOSE to step into the car of a driver who is drunk or get behind the wheel yourself you deserve everything you get. I could have lost my kids who had no choice in the matter.

Drink driving disgusts me totally.

I feel sorry for the guys family, thats all. He was a twat to do what he did. I am not discrespecting the dead but he chose his own path.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                              cheer up maybe your new friend will have a morning glory
                              He is prob half way to Athy by now

Make sure and have a listen out for him on Hector 8ish friday mornings

9th june 20 mins in!!.........................colm farrell AKA hazzard!
                              Last edited by SatNav; 21-06-11, 09:01.
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

@tomd and other mma fans.

Is the cage contender event on the 23 July worth going to?

Comment

Why so quiet here? Everyone watching Hellmuth?!

Comment

Is there a Mod about to open the WW thread? FD is in his kip and don't want to wake him just to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      Why so quiet here? Everyone watching Hellmuth?!
                                      What's Lord Phil doing?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                        What's Lord Phil doing?
                                        he's 2/3 in stud hi lo at wsop

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                          Is there a Mod about to open the WW thread? FD is in his kip and don't want to wake him just to do that.
                                          No point opening it until Zod is about to give the night's result.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                            No point opening it until Zod is about to give the night's result.
                                            Zod PM'd me to ask to get it open

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                              Will also be atop the POY leaderboard if he hangs on til 2nd place!

Comment

speaking of phil's I heard Ivey was in pocket Kings yesterday. I really hope someone kicked him in the nuts for messing up the bridging loan and effectivley keeping Full Tilt cash strapped.

To all those who work out there and fawned all over him remeber that guy could have cost you your job by being a greedy fucker. Phil Helmuth is apparently less of a greedy money grubbing prick than Phil Ivey.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                  thought he only played Unlimited Hold Them
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

He's HU now!

@Raoul: He only WINS at nlhe!

Comment

blegh.
                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

is there any mod not asleep?
                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

He's HU now!

@Raoul: He only WINS at nlhe!
                                                          ah yeah that's it alright

I hate watching poker on TV. Presumably he will be unbearable if he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                            is there any mod not asleep?
                                                            can you ask to get mod privilages for the ww thread for the rest of this game or can that be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                              can you ask to get mod privilages for the ww thread for the rest of this game or can that be done.
                                                              I am going to say to FD. Going to wake him up now to open thread.

Comment

They should be able to change Zods account such that he can close and reopen any threads he has started. Can do this without giving 'Mod powers'.
                                                                Think this was the way when Ciaran,Chd and myself did a game as WerewolfMod.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  ah yeah that's it alright

I hate watching poker on TV. Presumably he will be unbearable if he wins.
                                                                  TBH I like watching the greats win. It's nice to see a legacy being built as it happens. I've been reading all the bile on 2p2 for so many years: 'oh he can only win in small fields against fish' 'oh he hasn't won anything in years' 'he wouldn't beat .50/1 cash online' 'he can only play holdem'.
                                                                  His persona doesn't bother me at all. Obviously he was slightly steamy early in his career and the media latched onto this and now he hams it up to high heavens and it makes him a fortune. His theatrics are no more true to life than those of a WWE character I'd say.

Comment

he on his way down!

@AJ. That is what I am talking about. I can do these things and hopefully we can get Zod sorted!

Comment

That ghey WW thread is now open.
                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                        That ghey WW thread is now open.
                                                                        Bloody great timing TD! I went and woke the bossman out of his sleep to do it

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                          new google image ability to search by image is potentially highly interesting

http://www.google.com/imghp

lol posted drunk irish poker player and it came up with this lot
                                                                          Follow me in twitterland

Comment

TBH I like watching the greats win. It's nice to see a legacy being built as it happens. I've been reading all the bile on 2p2 for so many years: 'oh he can only win in small fields against fish' 'oh he hasn't won anything in years' 'he wouldn't beat .50/1 cash online' 'he can only play holdem'.
                                                                            His persona doesn't bother me at all. Obviously he was slightly steamy early in his career and the media latched onto this and now he hams it up to high heavens and it makes him a fortune. His theatrics are no more true to life than those of a WWE character I'd say.
                                                                            I think he's great tbh.

Comment

Paul Simon gig was fantastic, much better than ~I was expecting. I'd highly recommend it to anyone who can get along to the Marquee in Cork tonight.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

He'll not mind when he reads this

Comment

don't get all the hellmuth hate

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                    ah you do really

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxitho7Edzo

Comment

He only WINS at nlhe!
                                                                                      And so it remains.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                        The Town was long enough not sure how an extra 25 mins could be put in. Stake Land is excellent, LA Confidential all the way. Choke is decent, the book was a lot better but just cos of the deranged nature of Chuck Palahniuk.

I think it is my dream to see an Arronofsky version of the book Rant, pure madness.

should be good poker on Ch4 in a few mins
                                                                                        I see you liked Stake Land must give it a watch so. You think it ran to 2h30m, watched about half of LA Confidential last night before I crashed out hate when I do that.

You will probably like this Aronofsky story.

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                        Sponsorship Visa granted - that's 4 more years please
                                                                                        That's excellent man congrats.

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                        speaking of phil's I heard Ivey was in pocket Kings yesterday. I really hope someone kicked him in the nuts for messing up the bridging loan and effectivley keeping Full Tilt cash strapped.

To all those who work out there and fawned all over him remeber that guy could have cost you your job by being a greedy fucker. Phil Helmuth is apparently less of a greedy money grubbing prick than Phil Ivey.
                                                                                        I am not gonna hate on Ivey the way I do on Hellmuth just yet, Hellmuth repped a very shady company and also at one time won a pot by mistake online and wouldn't ship the money back to the other dude.

Trying to act like you don't use Tony's account good cover story
                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Whats not to get? hes a monumental prick and a thoroughly unlikable individual.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            ah you do really
                                                                                            ahh sure he is annoying but so is that daniel negraneu imo, he just never shuts up, phil laak is a complete tool, doyle brunson is a geriatric, they all have their faults but if there was no characters in the game it would be very boring

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Hellmuth saw the potential for a heel character and grasped it.
                                                                                              Wouldn't be surprised if he was a big wrestling/boxing fan.

Comment

ahh sure he is annoying but so is that daniel negraneu imo, he just never shuts up, phil laak is a complete tool, doyle brunson is a geriatric, they all have their faults but if there was no characters in the game it would be very boring
                                                                                                Being a whingy bitch with the emotional control of a three year-old does not constitute being a 'character'.

I'd be very happy to be at a table with Laak, Negreanu or Brunson - preferably playing with your money though

Comment

Every report I've heard from people who have met/played with Hellmuth when there have been no cameras around are that he's a perfectly nice and genial guy.

Comment

Every report I've heard from people who have met/played with Hellmuth when there have been no cameras around are that he's a perfectly nice and genial guy.
                                                                                                    lol

Hitler was fond of dogs

(not that I'm comparing Hitler to Hellmuth although they both didn't take beats well and had tendencies to megalomania. Hmmmm.)

Comment

Vanessa Selbst on the other hand, is someone who'd I'd like to punch in face. I'm not sure why though.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        that's fantastic

love the way the entire table start roaring for the kingball to hit

Comment

...
                                                                                                          Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 21-06-11, 11:15.
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Vanessa Selbst on the other hand, is someone who'd I'd like to punch in face. I'm not sure why though.
                                                                                                            Not a KD Lang fan then?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                              Writing a book chapter for a forthcoming book on the Irish economy. My chapter is on 'what happens after we default?' i.e. how are our lives going to be affected?

Thinking of something along the lines of:
                                                                                                              - not much will happen ala Orange County or Iceland
                                                                                                              - there will be investment opportunities, given that the time to buy is when everyone else has finished selling
                                                                                                              - the 'death' has been so long predicted, that when it comes it will be a relief

Wondering what else? Want to include a realistic worst case scenario, not quite an Easter Island scenario, but something that has at least a percentage chance of happening

doubt any ordinary joe will see any improvement on his personal situation whether we default or not in the short to medium term(1yr-3yrs). he would however see a vast improvement in the medium to long term if we default(3yrs-10yrs and beyond). if we don't default then the long term looks bleak imo*.

*don't ask me to back this statement up, because i can't. it's just a feeling i have in my water
                                                                                                              Last edited by Angry-Ball; 21-06-11, 11:18.

Comment

Is there anything worse than a deceptively wet field?

So I was approaching a giant field this morning and faced with the dilemma of whether to walk through it or not. I'm thinking it was raining heavy last couple of days so I prob shouldn't but the initial foot test on grass came back positive and I said meh I'll go for it. So I start to walk diagonally through the field like a champ while lolling to myself at the fish walking around the parimeter which looks like it would take twice as long.

Squelch.... hmm that's not a good noise to hear as underfoot conditions seem to take a slight turn for the worse. 'It not too late to turn back', the sensible voice in my head says, 'fuck that, it's not that wet and imagine what parimeter people would think if you retreated now' the retardly stubborn voice said. So I plough on and I wasn't getting much splash back from the ground. A this point I'm walking up a mound and can't see the other side.

FML, how could one field change this drastically I think as I'm trudging down the mound into an area of the field that would have Seamus Heaney blowing his load at the potential of a bog poem. Ahhh so this is why the locals take the long way around.

Tl dr, fields be crazy, take the path.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                  Is there anything worse than a deceptively wet field?

So I was approaching a giant field this morning and faced with the dilemma of whether to walk through it or not. I'm thinking it was raining heavy last couple of days so I prob shouldn't but the initial foot test on grass came back positive and I said meh I'll go for it. So I start to walk diagonally through the field like a champ while lolling to myself at the fish walking around the parimeter which looks like it would take twice as long.

Squelch.... hmm that's not a good noise to hear as underfoot conditions seem to take a slight turn for the worse. 'It not too late to turn back', the sensible voice in my head says, 'fuck that, it's not that wet and imagine what parimeter people would think if you retreated now' the retardly stubborn voice said. So I plough on and I wasn't getting much splash back from the ground. A this point I'm walking up a mound and can't see the other side.

FML, how could one field change this drastically I think as I'm trudging down the mound into an area of the field that would have Seamus Heaney blowing his load at the potential of a bog poem. Ahhh so this is why the locals take the long way around.

Tl dr, fields be crazy, take the path.
                                                                                                                  ahh yes the fear of looking like a fool when you have gone against the grain then the immense stubbourness that follows as you refuse to look like an idiot that didn't know what he was doing this is then followed by the feeling of being foolish as you walk around for the day in wet shoes and socks while telling everyone "ahh no it wasn't that bad"

Comment

in other news its great to see satnav is still alive after the night
                                                                                                                    despite her yearnings for the dark stranger down the hall

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                      A few people here went to see Stakeland during the Irish Film Festival didnt they? I see its on in Vue at the moment, worth a visit?

actually found a dvdscr so will watch that anyhow
                                                                                                                      watched it the other night.
                                                                                                                      Very interesting if a bit bleak. No glittery vampires anyway
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                        Great film this

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Oh no

It's awful. Happy B day btw
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Why is russia such a big export market for ireland?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X