Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two average sides on show tonight, if Crouch hadn't got sent off in Madrid, we'd have won this.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Giggs with a super injunction before the game so he wouldn't be shown on TV tonight ?

Opr

Comment

Utd should put Hernandez on

Comment

Valencia pushing busquets off the pitch. lol.
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
              Utd should put Hernandez on
              Or Berbat.... oh.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                Or Berbat.... oh.
                I think there was more action from Berba tonite

Comment

Greatest team of all time for me.
                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Dollar dollar dollar bill

Comment

That's the first time I've seen Rio Ferdinand tonight. United practically disappeared after 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                        Really need barca to hold here. Have lost every bet iv put on 2day and the swing for this last 1 is personally quite ill
                        I was in the same boat Bubbleking. Thursdays racing at Ayr nearly ruined me, so I left the last few sheckles to be shipped on Barca. I can't believe there was even money available so thank fuck for that. Back in business now.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                          Greatest team of all time for me.
                          first time I've ever thanked one of your posts
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Scotland Trip report, tl,dr

Had a very eventful time so far over here. I will tell my train story first...

We were getting ready to take myself and little Aimee Flushdraw to the train station when I received a text telling me that the 17.30 ferry to Troon was cancelled and the alternative crossings were the 23.59 that evening and the 7.15 in the morning. I contacted the ferry company straight away to see what was happening as all we heard was there were technical difficulties. I asked if a bus was being organised to take people from the Port of Cairnryan to Troon which was 90 minutes away.

I got a call back to say that there was no availability on the 23.59 and it would have to be the 7.15 the next day which would not suit as I would have to travel at 2.00am with the baby and prob no trains. He said there was no other option but to get as fast as I could to the port and plead my case as I was travelling on foot with a young baby.

Tony got me to the train on time and I headed towards a place called Yorkgate where I would have an 8 minute window to get my connecting train to the harbour. Happily going across the Country and got talking to a woman and then the train guard. He asked where I was heading and I explained I was on a mad dash to the ferry port. He then informed me that we were running 15 mins behind time and would NOT get my connecting train which would mean a two hour wait for another one and I wouldnt get to the port till 8.00pm and prob have no chance of getting on the 23.59 ferry. I was close to tears. He then mentioned all the guards had smart phones and I joked he could call a mate on the yorkgate train and get it delayed.

I get to yorkgate at 3.18 and the yorkgate train was at 3.15. So was prepared for a very long night at a ferry port. The guard came and helped me get the baby off the train with my luggage, whips out his phone and makes a call while carrying my case. The conversation went like this..
                              "Thats that wee girl here now, you can come ahead" he then put me into the lift to take me to the other platform and I arrive on it as the train pulled in!

I got to the Ferry terminal and went to the desk not mentioning that I was told I wouldnt get on a ferry that day when she printed off a boarding card and told me to go to the departure lounge. I was on a list to go on an early ferry lol. The ferry left an hour before my own was meant to sail and I got into the port of Troon 45 minuted later than my original ferry.

I was blown away by the kindness of a stranger who thought it was shocking that car passengers were more of a priority than a mother travelling on foot with a young baby. I wish I had a chance to thank him but it all happened in a flash.

Comment

wow, that is some gesture by Puyol

100% class

Comment

Abidal had a tumor removed from his liver on Paddy's day.

Comment

That PP special got hammered alright.

Our accountants are currently talking Paddy down off a ledge, so we’re not entirely sure how much it comes to in total, but figures of £3,000,000 have been mentioned. It’s comfortably the most money we’ve ever refunded on one of our Money-Back Specials and already Christmases 2011-2015 have been cancelled around the Paddy Power offices.

Comment

On another note.. I was in Silverburn indoor car park. Silverburn is a newish shopping centre near Glasgow. As you come to each level it tells you how many spaces there are. I asked my friend how they knew that and she told me to look at the roof. There were all these wee red lights above each car park space. When a car drove under the light it changed from green to red and all you had to do was drive about looking for a green light and park! awesome

Comment

Simply the best.

To do that to United over 90 mins, wow just wow.
                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

las ramblas will be nuts 2nite

Comment

heh, just read back on the rugby shenanigans

quality trolling by LL, wp. The ending with your signature move ("JUSTICE") was poetic.

Comment

Most one sided final ever ?

Possession
                                              * Barcelona 68%
                                              * Man Utd 32%

Attempts on target
                                              * Barcelona 13
                                              * Man Utd 1

Attempts off target
                                              * Barcelona 3
                                              * Man Utd 2

Corners
                                              * Barcelona 6
                                              * Man Utd 0

Fouls
                                              * Barcelona 5
                                              * Man Utd 16

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                Think Damo was holding out for that honour
                                                There is still time , i live in hope .

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                  what was it?
                                                  took off the captain's armband and gave it to Abidal so he would receive the cup (Abidal had a tumour removed from his liver a few months back)

tells you a lot about that team

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                    Simply the best.

To do that to United over 90 mins, wow just wow.
                                                    absolutely, that was the second best team in Europe they just made look like clueless amateurs

the TV shot of Fergie's hands trembling was very telling

Comment

Think Damo was holding out for that honour
                                                      How come your're not out catching hedgehogs/losing your trousers or the rest of your clothes.

Have to admit I was somewhat disappointed that that was you first arrest. Think I only ever spent one night in a cell, and at the time the removal of belt, laces and whatnot was helpful tbh
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

So stressful watch a team you support get utterly hammered for 90mins.

It was a case of just hoping that Barca's shots get deflected wide everytime because I knew in my heart of hearts that United just couldnt keep them out.

7am here in melbs now. Match started at 4:45am. Back to bed and up for my own match in an hour.

The joys.
                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                                                          las ramblas will be nuts 2nite
                                                          Where else would you want to be tonight? Celebrate with coke, estrella beer and manky African hookers.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Great day of Sport. Topeed off by The Running man starting now on Sky One. Some great cheese from the 80's!
                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Felt sorry for Michael Owen, so close to winning a CL medal, should just have never left the pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                absolutely, that was the second best team in Europe they just made look like clueless amateurs

the TV shot of Fergie's hands trembling was very telling
                                                                Yup, commiserations to United fans but you just can't beat that, they are simply incredible and an absolute joy to watch.

Messi is just ridiculous, the ball sticks to his feet.
                                                                I can't help but drool tbh,been watching football for 35 years and have never seen such truely 'magical' football as this lot play.
                                                                Regardless of who you support we're lucky to have them.
                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                  Had a very eventful time so far over here. I will tell my train story first...

We were getting ready to take myself and little Aimee Flushdraw to the train station when I received a text telling me that the 17.30 ferry to Troon was cancelled and the alternative crossings were the 23.59 that evening and the 7.15 in the morning. I contacted the ferry company straight away to see what was happening as all we heard was there were technical difficulties. I asked if a bus was being organised to take people from the Port of Cairnryan to Troon which was 90 minutes away.

I got a call back to say that there was no availability on the 23.59 and it would have to be the 7.15 the next day which would not suit as I would have to travel at 2.00am with the baby and prob no trains. He said there was no other option but to get as fast as I could to the port and plead my case as I was travelling on foot with a young baby.

Tony got me to the train on time and I headed towards a place called Yorkgate where I would have an 8 minute window to get my connecting train to the harbour. Happily going across the Country and got talking to a woman and then the train guard. He asked where I was heading and I explained I was on a mad dash to the ferry port. He then informed me that we were running 15 mins behind time and would NOT get my connecting train which would mean a two hour wait for another one and I wouldnt get to the port till 8.00pm and prob have no chance of getting on the 23.59 ferry. I was close to tears. He then mentioned all the guards had smart phones and I joked he could call a mate on the yorkgate train and get it delayed.

I get to yorkgate at 3.18 and the yorkgate train was at 3.15. So was prepared for a very long night at a ferry port. The guard came and helped me get the baby off the train with my luggage, whips out his phone and makes a call while carrying my case. The conversation went like this..
                                                                  "Thats that wee girl here now, you can come ahead" he then put me into the lift to take me to the other platform and I arrive on it as the train pulled in!

I got to the Ferry terminal and went to the desk not mentioning that I was told I wouldnt get on a ferry that day when she printed off a boarding card and told me to go to the departure lounge. I was on a list to go on an early ferry lol. The ferry left an hour before my own was meant to sail and I got into the port of Troon 45 minuted later than my original ferry.

I was blown away by the kindness of a stranger who thought it was shocking that car passengers were more of a priority than a mother travelling on foot with a young baby. I wish I had a chance to thank him but it all happened in a flash.
                                                                  MrsF

This won't get the attention it deserves cos of the CL final and us droolers slagging each other. has to be requoted on Mon morning.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    Where else would you want to be tonight? Celebrate with coke, estrella beer and manky African hookers.
                                                                    Ah memories. How they keep those cans of Estrella so cold is truly a modern wonder.
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                      On another note.. I was in Silverburn indoor car park. Silverburn is a newish shopping centre near Glasgow. As you come to each level it tells you how many spaces there are. I asked my friend how they knew that and she told me to look at the roof. There were all these wee red lights above each car park space. When a car drove under the light it changed from green to red and all you had to do was drive about looking for a green light and park! awesome
                                                                      they have them in newbridge too Gillian, i keep forgetting ye are living in a primitive area, no tv and all that

great story BTW!!!!
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                        I can't help but drool tbh
                                                                        Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                        us droolers slagging each other.
                                                                        Liverpool fans forum is that way >>>>>

Comment

Home game set for 10.40!!!

see home game thread for details
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Running man, excelent. time to watch this and drink some beer.

Mrs. F, what are you doing on the BBV when you could be putting the kid to sleep and drinking Buckie with the local neds?

Comment

was there the night they beat arsenal in cl final, chaos, was like an old skool government coup goin on..

i was swinging from traffic lights singing ole ole ole, far as u could see, heads bopping/flags waving, bands playin, flares, went on til 4am when the riot cops came out and water hosed us outta there, great weekend

Comment

Eamo ripping the piss out of Bill, excellent stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                  are you kidding???
                                                                                  Obviously not when I asked the question if you know who it is please do enlighten me.

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                  Sounds like him to me anyways.
                                                                                  It's what I thought.
                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

...

Comment

I said about 2 months ago that imo there was only two teams that could beat Barca in their current vein of form, UTD and CHE. Nothing that happened tonight changes my mind. I might be talking pure shit but if you want to beat Barca, I dont think its Messi you should be stopping but Xavi.

Am I way out there in thinking Fergie put out the wrong team? I reckon he should have put Anderson on a man to man job on Xavi. He did it on S Gerrard about two seasons ago at Anfield and made the difference.

/drunk

Comment

MrsF

This won't get the attention it deserves cos of the CL final and us droolers slagging each other. has to be requoted on Mon morning.
                                                                                        I don't mind. I just wanted to share

Comment

I said about 2 months ago that imo there was only two teams that could beat Barca in their current vein of form, UTD and CHE. Nothing that happened tonight changes my mind. I might be talking pure shit but if you want to beat Barca, I dont think its Messi you should be stopping but Xavi.

Am I way out there in thinking Fergie put out the wrong team? I reckon he should have put Anderson on a man to man job on Xavi. He did it on S Gerrard about two seasons ago at Anfield and made the difference.

/drunk
                                                                                          you are talking pure shit , Fergie put out his best team and they were played off the park, end of

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                              Running man, excelent. time to watch this and drink some beer.

Mrs. F, what are you doing on the BBV when you could be putting the kid to sleep and drinking Buckie with the local neds?
                                                                                              Very funny lol. I am having a nice glass or two of red wine. The baby sound asleep and in a place called Stewarton which is very quiet!

Comment

Ferguson almost really losing his cool on the ITV interview.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  Ferguson almost really losing his cool on the ITV interview.

Opr
                                                                                                  almost? I'd say he would have nutted him if no cameras present

Comment

Felt sorry for Michael Owen, so close to winning a CL medal, should just have never left the pool.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                        you are talking pure shit , Fergie put out his best team and they were played off the park, end of
                                                                                                        Quit being so right and join me in baiting Utd fans

Comment

Quit being so right and join me in baiting Utd fans
                                                                                                          they are the champions of England and the second best team in Europe

that's pretty impressive stuff

Comment

actually, oompa lumpas clearly trump chipmunks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw0zZ...eature=related
                                                                                                            I've finally come to the conclusion that I don't like Tubridy at all. Though I thought this was excellent

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSy8_ip88I4[/ame]
                                                                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Lolers at this Michael Owen bashing from pool fans. He's a multi millionaire, can do whatever the fuck he wants after he retires in his thirty's. I think he'll get over not winning the CL
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                                I've finally come to the conclusion that I don't like Tubridy at all. Though I thought this was excellent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSy8_ip88I4
                                                                                                                couldnt wait for xmas to be over, after watching that i wish it was xmas lol

cant win huh
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Lolers at this Michael Owen bashing from pool fans. He's a multi millionaire, can do whatever the fuck he wants after he retires in his thirty's. I think he'll get over not winning the CL
                                                                                                                  I assume you lolered in equal measure when Utd fans were baiting Pool fans over Owen scraping over the appearances line for his Premiership medal last weekend then? In the interest of fairness and all that.

Comment

that one that rooney went off with aint great, funny mouth on her and her teeth are fucking blinding me !
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                        I assume you lolered in equal measure when Utd fans were baiting Pool fans over Owen scraping over the appearances line for his Premiership medal last weekend then? In the interest of fairness and all that.
                                                                                                                        I'm sure I would have if I saw it.

Anyone ever watch Million Pound Drop? Is there some sort of screening process where they only let generally young and retarded people on it?
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

I
                                                                                                                          Anyone ever watch Million Pound Drop? Is there some sort of screening process where they only let generally young and retarded people on it?
                                                                                                                          Solid entertainment imo. I have never seen people on it who I didn't think would be regular readers of Heat and / or a tabloid newspaper take the stage.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X