This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
    Being from Munster you would be ashamed of these gits who where hoping for a Northampton win, not real rugby fans and im sure most Munsters of fans where shouting for Leinster yesterday.
    Who would you support in the following Cup finals?

Bohs v Liverpool
    Everton v Northampton

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post

Bohs v Liverpool
      Everton v Northampton
      Well a final between a Everton and Northampton wouldnt bother me as im not form either place and i dont hold any hatred towards Everton as im not from the city, as for bohs v liverpool thats a hard one being from Kerry and never having a close team to follow in the Irish league i would only have a passing interest , its a hard one but if bohs got to a cup final versus Liverpool i really wouldnt no who to go for.

Comment

having Liverpool in there doesn't make it a "fair fight"

Imagine a final between Bohs and Dynamo Kiev, who would you support?

Bohs obviously

Same final with Kiev vs Luton, you would probably just support the underdog.

The difference is the feeling of affinity, and it's not even a fair comparison using an Irish soccer team as there are so many of them, there are 4 Irish Rugby provinces, genuinely can't understand how anyone who is Irish could cheer for a team against an Irish Representative team in a sport where most of the guys playing represent your country on an International Level too.

Baffling hatred!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
          having Liverpool in there doesn't make it a "fair fight"

Imagine a final between Bohs and Dynamo Kiev, who would you support?

Bohs obviously

Same final with Kiev vs Luton, you would probably just support the underdog.

The difference is the feeling of affinity, and it's not even a fair comparison using an Irish soccer team as there are so many of them, there are 4 Irish Rugby provinces, genuinely can't understand how anyone who is Irish could cheer for a team against an Irish Representative team in a sport where most of the guys playing represent your country on an International Level too.

Baffling hatred!
          Thats what we're dealing with though, Drogheda played Helsingborg in Dalymount a few years ago, loads of Irish turned up to support Helsingborg because Larsson was playing.

Comment

Bohs v Liverpool
            Everton v Northampton
            Originally posted by Zod View Post
            how are they not real rugby fans for cheering for one team which is not their own over another team which is not their own?
            The difference is they're not supporting Northhampton all season, they're just shouting for whoevers against leinster. Its a stupid rivalry. A leinster win is great news for Irish rugby, gets us a fourth team in the HC, gets much more money and tv rights coming in, and boosts the game for the entire country. To shout for Northhampton out of spite is juvenile and only serves to make them look like bitter idiots.

Hell, I was a member of Northhampton supporters club last year. I'd have more right to be cheering NH on than most of the muppets looking for any chance to needle Leinster. But there was only one result yesterday that was good news for Ireland.
            http://mobro.co/zuroph
            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Thats what we're dealing with though, Drogheda played Helsingborg in Dalymount a few years ago, loads of Irish turned up to support Helsingborg because Larsson was playing.
              retards gonna retard

Comment

Roll up roll up UKIPT Cork Day 3 updates this >>>
                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

"I smoked weed with a dildo because I'm gay"
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                      Apparently fans at all the matches this afternoon are planning to chant the name of 'he who can't be named'.

Comment

retards gonna retard
                        Feck off. why would there be an affinity for Drogheda?
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I did a blowjob to Santa Clause because that's what I am
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                            Feck off. why would there be an affinity for Drogheda?
                            Perhaps because they're an Irish team?

Of course if you're a diehard Celtic fan, and Laarson is your hero, then it's unfortunate that the only opportunity you get to see him play is against an Irish team. But this is an easy enough connection to make.

My whole point was that there can be little to no "classical" routes of affinity between ANYONE on this Island and Northhampton. So this implies that pretty much anyone cheering for Northhampton has either personal connections, or is simply Leinster Hating.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

lol i did a blowjob to a black guy because i was horny

Comment

I stabbed Barney the dinosaur because i hate my life.

Comment

Ran naked with a black guy cause I'm a racist
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

My whole point was that there can be little to no "classical" routes of affinity between ANYONE on this Island and Northhampton. So this implies that pretty much anyone cheering for Northhampton has either personal connections, or is simply Leinster Hating.
                                    Or rooting for the underdog which N'Hampton were. I don't really get the outrage here tbh re Munster fans cheering against Leinster. Most sports fans are pretty classless. You won't have many City/Pool fans cheering on United next week, well maybe they will because hate for Barca is greater, but if United were playing anyone else they be rooting against them.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

meh, If I don't like a team, I don't like a team, regardless of where they're from. If Rovers were playing in my garden I'd close my curtains.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                        Or rooting for the underdog which N'Hampton were. I don't really get the outrage here tbh re Munster fans cheering against Leinster. Most sports fans are pretty classless. You won't have many City/Pool fans cheering on United next week, well maybe they will because hate for Barca is greater, but if United were playing anyone else they be rooting against them.
                                        Pretty sure Chavball is the nut low, cant really use it for your example.
                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

You usually cheer an underdog if you have no connection to the game.

Leinster had 14 players playing (inc subs) who represented Ireland only 2 months ago.

Genuinely, how can you possibly argue this?

Comment

I smoked weed with a drug dealer because im gay . Alot of this is true
                                            You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Leinster had 14 players playing (inc subs) who represented Ireland only 2 months ago.

Its a selfdefeating exercise.

1) hate leinster for being cocky
                                              2) Goad Leinster at every opportunity
                                              3)Get pissed off when Leinsters victory is rubbed in your face.
                                              rinse, repeat.

or the alternative
                                              1) Cheer for your fellow irishman, and deserving team
                                              2) Leinster muppet attempts to goad
                                              3) Congratulate, and take the wind out of his troll sails
                                              5) Profit!

We sat and drank and had great intelligent conversation with many Leinster fans yesterday about Munsters problems in the squad for next year, with no goading to be seen from either side. Much prefer this than being the guy hated in the pub for being juvenile and trying to wind everyone up.
                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Eoin Morgan gets called up into England's test squad for the first test against SriLanka
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I shot a drunk Mexican because I'm gay
                                                  ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                                  I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

I'm not arguing against your point, more so the banality of it. There has always been and always will be a % of fans that will carry on like this.
                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

I got married with a drunk mexican because I stink.

Comment

Got a few days worth to catch up on in the BBV. But thought I would share this piece of music. This is a must for anyone who appreciates MUSIC!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR94NDIfGmA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                        Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 22-05-11, 14:39.

Comment

I hate when people stand up when their all-in, because im sexy.

Comment

I ran naked with an old woman because I'm sexy.

Not far from the truth.

Comment

Tipp 4 points down to kerry. Tipp have a massive wind and kerry are down to 14 men with 3 yellow cards. Could be a sweat for them remember where you heard it first.
                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Goal straight after the break for Kerry

Comment

Peach of a FK there for Charlie Adam. Wolves, Wigan and Blackpool all on 40 points now. Only one of them can stay up and Blackpool ahead on goal difference. Great viewing for the second halves coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                    Peach of a FK there for Charlie Adam. Wolves, Wigan and Blackpool all on 40 points now. Only one of them can stay up and Blackpool ahead on goal difference. Great viewing for the second halves coming up.
                                                                    Birmingham also on 40.

Opr

Comment

goddamn wolves, you're allowing wigan and blackburn to survive.

Comment

This looks like a must watch tonight:
                                                                        Imagine a jail where dangerous inmates awaiting trial live 24 to a room and fight each other under a violent gladiatorial code. This is life inside Miami's mega-jail, writes Louis Theroux.

Comment

Blackburn were never going down, with their GD they needed 3 teams below to win which realisticaly wouldn't happen.

Come on Blackpool!!!! Hang in there.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

I dont believe I am saying this but COME ON SPURS!!!
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

The Scottish Sunday Herald website (the paper in CKids post earlier) has been down all day.
                                                                              Wonder if the wheels of righteous justice are churning in the background and the editor is being hauled up before the judge.

Comment

Spurs

Comment

Hope it stays like this. Want Blackpool and Wolves to stay. Wolves ahead of Wigan on goals scored at the moment
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                    This looks like a must watch tonight:
                                                                                    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-13457576
                                                                                    Louis certainly loves the prisons. Yeah had it earmarked hope its good. It's a two part aswell.

Comment

Blackpoooooooool

Opr

Comment

G'wan the blackpool

Comment

Arsenals end to the season has been nothing short of pathetic.

Champs league qualification is not that easy anymore with the new system introduced a few years back...
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Champs league qualification is not that easy anymore with the new system introduced a few years back...
                                                                                            they're seeded for it though so will avoid Bayern, Lyon and Villarreal and probably draw, Udinese/Lazio, Benfica or one other im not to sure of

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Oh no Blackpool, concede a terrible og.
                                                                                                We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

FML
                                                                                                  Blackpool were 3/1 to go down when they were winning 2-1
                                                                                                  (Didn't do it obv)

Bet of the season missed?

Wolves

*
                                                                                                  Wolves
                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 22-05-11, 16:56. Reason: *

Comment

Fuck Blackpool, hope they drop. Holloway is an annoying cunt.

Comment

Guy slashes cops face, steal garda jeep, smashes through perimeter of airport, steals fire truck, attempts to ram aerlingus plane!!!!

Grand theft auto: lolCork?!!
                                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

$200 tournament Level 1 I got a 4 bet called by an imbecile with 53s he's happy to get them in with a FD on the flop but hits a runner runner str8 instead
                                                                                                        FML

Comment

Comment

Happy that Birmingham went down. A negative dreary team with a dour manager who added nothing to the Premiership. They were completely negative today versus Spurs even when 1-0 down. Good riddance. Happy Wolves stayed up, but sad to see Blackpool go.

Comment

It will be easy for Arsenal. The new system favours big sides like them.

Also, good riddance Blackpool. No more of this breath of fresh air shite. They were crap and went down because they are crap.

Comment

looking for a small transfer here.

I'll send you $14.20 on Paddy Power for your €10 on Irish Eyes

I'll send first.. Need it for 8pm

Thanks!

Comment

Anyone no what Thomas O Shea was sent off for today in the Kerry match.

Comment

Delighted Mick and Wolves stayed up. Didn't care who stayed up out of the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                      It will be easy for Arsenal. The new system favours big sides like them.

Also, good riddance Blackpool. No more of this breath of fresh air shite. They were crap and went down because they are crap.
                                                                                                                      I think it's tougher. They'll definitely be favs against whoever they play but I'd rather play the champions of say Poland/Romania then the 4th place team in Italy or the likes of Braga.

Sad to see B'Pool going but from an Irish perspective, Wolves and Wigan staying up was a result.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                        Would you rather watch a Wigan game over a Blackpool one?

Comment

Looks like someone took one bad beat to many in Cork.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X