This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
    Remember hearing someone describe a hot woman walking into the Jackpot on a Saturday night as a gazelle walking past a heap of lions.

That said, a lion at least has a chance of getting a gazelle.

Obviously most lions that guy had heard of drove taxis too.
    i was staked by 2 taxi drivers yday - they relly are a rare breed

Comment

Bubble, I can't eat brekkie, don't usually get hungry until 1pm(outta bed at 8:15) I can stomach some fruit but not much else.
      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
        Bubble, I can't eat brekkie, don't usually get hungry until 1pm(outta bed at 8:15) I can stomach some fruit but not much else.
        Do you eat much before bed?

Comment

bubbleking say your head is wreaked with all the questions but i have 1 more quick one for you.

I tore my hamstring 8 days ago but around 3-4 years ago i had terrible problems with both hamtrings and took over a year to get them right again they just kept going everytime i taught i was ok the other 1 would go.

now i am fairly worried about the same problem happening again but kinda under pressure to get back playin as soon as possible. I was thinking of getting out on the bike this week to keep some fitness levels up but not sure is it too soon? would you recommend getting out on the bike now or would you recommend something else like rowing machine or even treadmill running? also any advice on a strenght programme for the hamstring is more than welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
            Do you eat much before bed?
            I usually smoke 2 joints so have some chocolate and a glass of milk then asleep within 30mins.

Comment

Redzerdrog go swimming, im coming back from the same injury myself.

Comment

I usually smoke 2 joints so have some chocolate and a glass of milk then asleep within 30mins.
                Maybe its the weed?

Comment

you dont get hungry because your metabolism is slowed down as low as it can go. eating breakfast is just about changing habits - i never used to eat breakfast until I wanted to start losing weight (as ironic as that sounds).

even if you start off with just an apple or an orange every morning and we can wean you onto boiled eggs and toast and then onto porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                    Redzerdrog go swimming, im coming back from the same injury myself.
                    cant swim

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
                      even if you start off with just an apple or an orange every morning and we can wean you onto boiled eggs and toast and then onto porridge
                      I do love porrige and it's only 95c in work but I'm never hungy so don't bother. Is it wise to include honey and raisins?

Comment

Originally posted by redzerdrog View Post
                        bubbleking say your head is wreaked with all the questions but i have 1 more quick one for you.

I tore my hamstring 8 days ago but around 3-4 years ago i had terrible problems with both hamtrings and took over a year to get them right again they just kept going everytime i taught i was ok the other 1 would go.

now i am fairly worried about the same problem happening again but kinda under pressure to get back playin as soon as possible. I was thinking of getting out on the bike this week to keep some fitness levels up but not sure is it too soon? would you recommend getting out on the bike now or would you recommend something else like rowing machine or even treadmill running? also any advice on a strenght programme for the hamstring is more than welcome.
                        ha no problem at all its my passion after all. Ok 1st of all did you correctly manage the acute phase of your injury i.e. rest ice compression and elevation for the first 72 hours?

second - are you stretching your hamstring enough. at the moment you should be stretching just before the point of pain. if you damaged your hamstring there will be a scar forming and you want this to form in the most organised way possible i.e. along the length of the muscle fibres (Wolfes Law) - stretching aids this process.

thirdly - swimming and biking are great ways to keep up your cardiovascular fitness without putting too much stress on the body - I hate treadmills because they are too high impact and cause too many injuries IMO.

fourthly - you will need to start strengthening your hamstrings - PM me your e-mail address and il send you a programme that doesnt involve too much equipment.

fifthly - you need to see a qualified person for friction massage and to assess the injury properly and supervise you through a progressive running programme - which basically starts off at jogging but after a couple of sessions will have you back sprinting - if you go back too soon you will pull the hammy again hence supervision required

thats pretty much it - PM me your email if you would like that programme
                        Last edited by Bubbleking; 22-03-10, 18:16.

Comment

Originally posted by redzerdrog View Post

Similar bother myself. Its one horrible injury that split second when you feel it tearing is just heartbreaking.
                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I do love porrige and it's only 95c in work but I'm never hungy so don't bother. Is it wise to include honey and raisins?
                            really - just buy a 1kg pack of flavens for like 2 euro. add water and microwave for 2 mins easy game no effort. adding rasins and honey is fine as they are natural sweetners. I guarantee when your body gets used to this routine you will be starving at 11am because your metabolism will be running quicker and burning more calories

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                              Similar bother myself. Its one horrible injury that split second when you feel it tearing is just heartbreaking.
                              happened to me around 17/18 all too often - feels like an elastic band tightening then snapping - gut wrenching feeling

Comment

Give Bubbleking his own thread imo. Really interesting read. Thanks.

Comment

ha no problem at all its my passion after all. Ok 1st of all did you correctly manage the acute phase of your injury i.e. rest ice compression and elevation for the first 72 hours?

second - are you stretching your hamstring enough. at the moment you should be stretching just before the point of pain. if you damaged your hamstring there will be a scar forming and you want this to form in the most organised way possible i.e. along the length of the muscle fibres (Wolfes Law) - stretching aids this process.

thirdly - swimming and biking are great ways to keep up your cardiovascular fitness without putting too much stress on the body - I hate treadmills because they are too high impact and cause too many injuries IMO.

fourthly - you will need to start strengthening your hamstrings - PM me your e-mail address and il send you a programme that doesnt involve too much equipment.

fifthly - you need to see a qualified person for friction massage and to assess the injury properly and supervise you through a progressive running programme - which basically starts off at jogging but after a couple of sessions will have you back sprinting - if you go back too soon you will pull the hammy again hence supervision required

thats pretty much it - PM me your email if you would like that programme
                                  pm sent
                                  thanks for your help

Comment

really - just buy a 1kg pack of flavens for like 2 euro. add water and microwave for 2 mins easy game no effort. adding rasins and honey is fine as they are natural sweetners. I guarantee when your body gets used to this routine you will be starving at 11am because your metabolism will be running quicker and burning more calories
                                    I genuinely would reccommend a nice ommellette in the morning rather than porridge. Takes the same amount of time and you get a nice fix of protein first thing in the morning. Keeps you full til about 1 too thanksto all the fat in the eggs.

Porridge is good for the days after a serious workout though, its also better when starting to make changes from the usual irish diet as it gives your carb urge a nice feeding.
                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Yo bubbleking, seeing as your doing a bit of a clinic is there anything I can do while I'm playing sports (strapping etc) to prevent the pain after, have plantar fasciitis. Or should I pretty much not be doing anything?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                        Was that for people to vote who they think WW are?
                                        yeah it was.

Just so we can see all the geniuses in here..

If one of the technically minded mods could set up a poll with results hidden until after the game, that'd be swell.

Especially if we could see who voted for who.

Comment

For Bubbleking

Wonder what your take on this would be. .

I have the babies christening in just under 3 weeks. I want to shed a few pounds for the event.

How should I work out my calorie intake without upsetting my babies milk supply. I can't cut too many food groups out. And as foe exercise, I can only get to walk with the baby as she awake loads during the day and by time she in bed I am wrecked.

Thanks

Gill

Comment

Get the finger out bubbleking there's a backlog.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                              Yo bubbleking, seeing as your doing a bit of a clinic is there anything I can do while I'm playing sports (strapping etc) to prevent the pain after, have plantar fasciitis. Or should I pretty much not be doing anything?
                                              tough one - there is a strapping you can get done that should alleviate some of the pain - it basically involves supporting the fascia by tabing along the sole of the foot.

in the long term you can do things like rolling out a golf ball along the sole of your foot - this will help stretch the fascia and release trigger points.

Also and probably most importantly - check your footwear. dodgy football boots or running shoes are probably the primary cause of any chronic lower limb injuries such as yours

Comment

Another for the king of the bubbles.

I make a smoothie in the morning, frozen summer fruits (berries, strawberries rasberries), a large banana, some low fat yogurt, two scoops of porridge oats and topped off with some milk.

By just lumping in the porridge oats am i getting the goodness out of them or do they need to be cooked?

Cheers
                                                Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Get the finger out bubbleking there's a backlog.
                                                  He should do a Q+A since he has the time now after quitting poker.

For the good of the forum, the majority of posters here being quite overweight or dangerously unfit or a little from column A, little from column B.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqImkDgDwHU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aqImkDgDwHU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

How come the link I posted isn't working?

Comment

Bubbleking.

What is the meaning of life?

Comment

It was a bad idea to tell everyone your an undercover health guru! Ye clearly know your stuff too. Change thread title to "cardio is the new poker" imo

Comment

Finally getting everything sorted now for moving into a gaff. A couple of questions maybe somebody can help me with:

1. Signing up for newsgroups too to get plenty of "content"... ahem. Can anybody recommend some sites?

2. I have an xbox 360. I know it plays divx/xvid. Probably just going to set up my laptop and share out my external HDD across the network so I can run everything on the xbox. Will it play most of the movies/tv shows that I can throw at it? Does it have enough codecs?

Comment

How come the link I posted isn't working?
                                                              Prob cause just posting the link on here will auto put the vid up without tags and you have linked a fullscreen version of the vid.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                By just lumping in the porridge oats am i getting the goodness out of them or do they need to be cooked?

Cheers
                                                                They dont need to be cooked

Comment

Cheers yeah pretty much what the physio said, was hoping you had some magic cure that she'd been holding back from me. It's sore and is taking ages to heal.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                    Wonder what your take on this would be. .

I have the babies christening in just under 3 weeks. I want to shed a few pounds for the event.

How should I work out my calorie intake without upsetting my babies milk supply. I can't cut too many food groups out. And as foe exercise, I can only get to walk with the baby as she awake loads during the day and by time she in bed I am wrecked.

Thanks

Gill
                                                                    Hi,

I'm not going to lie you have me stumped on this one as you are outside the population i generally work with.

In fact I'll have to pass on this one id rather give no advice than give advice that's half right that consequentially may damage your babies health. Although I can't see how you could go wrong if you just cut out junk food completely for 3 weeks and concentrate on lots of fruit, veg, fish and chicken with some dairy.

Sorry that's not more helpful

on the exercise side of things try doing lots of full body weight exercises such as wall squats, semi push ups, lunges etc these will help you tone up although i would put more emphasis on having a clean diet

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                      Prob cause just posting the link on here will auto put the vid up without tags and you have linked a fullscreen version of the vid.
                                                                      Nope, ah well. It's Dr. Nick tending to Grampa, everyone knows it.

Comment

Bubbleking.

What is the meaning of life?
                                                                        Life is meaningless - might as well find something you enjoy doing that helps others to pass the time

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                          Another for the king of the bubbles.

I make a smoothie in the morning, frozen summer fruits (berries, strawberries rasberries), a large banana, some low fat yogurt, two scoops of porridge oats and topped off with some milk.

Cheers
                                                                          it was already answered but no they dont need to be cooked - In fact we over cook most things these days IMO. cooking things for less time preserves the goodness especially in relation to veg

Comment

Nope, ah well. It's Dr. Nick tending to Grampa, everyone knows it.
                                                                            When I took the link in it out and looked at it I was brought to fullscreen

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                              Werewolves thread is a prime example of why we shouldn't close head shops.

The Villagers are the Joe Duffy listeners.

mass hyteria = wrong decision
                                                                              ughhh that makes me Joe
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Bubbleking - Healthy lifestyle well?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                  Bubbleking - Healthy lifestyle well?
                                                                                  No and it makes it worse because i should know better

Comment

I'm after getting my first take away delivery service weed supplier biz card. I thought they only exist in Canada!

Comment

What area?

I may be interested in contacting said person on occasion...

Comment

It just says all areas and delivery charge is a tenner.

Comment

Hey guys,

Does anyone know where I might come across a Flight of the conchords ticket for Olympia in May?

I will swap for either of the following or pay cash?
                                                                                          - FRnakie Boyle in May
                                                                                          - Peter Kay in O2 Dublin April 2010
                                                                                          - Peter Kay in Belfast Arena Nov 2010
                                                                                          - Any home International Irish rugby match 2010.

Cheers,

Joe

Comment

Entrepeneur of the Year award imo.

Last year's was "Late Night Cans", one of the best shady ideas I've ever seen.

We were standing in a queue for a nightclub, this lad comes up and starts handing out business cards.

"Alcohol delivered around the clock - 087 Cans 24 7"

Prices were roughly 50% extra from normal, but no delivery charge within certain areas.

Comment

...
                                                                                              Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 22-03-10, 19:42.
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                My diet is muck at the moment.
                                                                                                Compare to mine

Breakfast is usually one of:
                                                                                                - Nothing (70% approx)
                                                                                                - 2xWheetabix (15%)
                                                                                                - Beans on Toast (15%)

Lunch is usually one of:
                                                                                                - Nothing(60%)
                                                                                                - White bread with cheese(20%)
                                                                                                - Crackers(10%)
                                                                                                - tayto's/choc(10%)

Dinner then is something like one of these:
                                                                                                - Nothing(40%)
                                                                                                - Restaurant(27.5%)
                                                                                                - Pasta (10%)
                                                                                                - Beans on Toast(10%)
                                                                                                - Pizza (6.25%)
                                                                                                - Pringles (6.25)

No exercise ever and have had this diet for years now as well as being a vegetarian for 10+ years; finally after joining a gym and starting to actually make food lately.

Hate being this lazy tbh
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...
                                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
                                                                                                    Compare to mine

- Nothing (70% approx)
                                                                                                    - 2xWheetabix (15%)
                                                                                                    - Beans on Toast (15%)

Lunch is usually one of:
                                                                                                    - Nothing(60%)
                                                                                                    - Crackers(10%)
                                                                                                    - tayto's/choc(10%)

- Nothing(40%)
                                                                                                    - Restaurant(27.5%)
                                                                                                    - Pasta (10%)
                                                                                                    - Beans on Toast(10%)
                                                                                                    - Pizza (6.25%)
                                                                                                    - Pringles (6.25)

No exercise ever and have had this diet for years now as well as being a vegetarian for 10+ years.
                                                                                                    Just WOW!

Comment

So once a week you eat nothing?!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfamTmY5REw[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post

Over in Barcelona the lads would buy beer in the off licence and then sell it at twice the price (i.e. €1!) to people queuing outside nightclubs. Excellent idea imo. They were making a fortune.
                                                                                                          Twice the price my eye. They buy it in the supermarket for 6 cans for €1 and sell it later in the night at either a euro or even 2 euro a popbut manage to keep it well chilled. Still its money well spent at 7am with the sun already getting hot and there's a bit of a trek home ahead of ya

Comment

I love the step up from Tayto to pringles from lunch to dinner! Sounds like a 5 year olds dream diet.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

No and it makes it worse because i should know better
                                                                                                              LMAO

He is not asking if you are eating well LOL, he is asking you to do a well,.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                                LMAO

He is not asking if you are eating well LOL, he is asking you to do a well,.
                                                                                                                Exactly, specifically themed to healthy lifestyle questions

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                                  You do almost get the impression that Obama is just too bright for the average American. Essentially the money is coming from extra taxes on healthcare companies and those earning over $250,000 per year - yet you have poor as fck hillbillies fighting to prevent a law which will guaranteed help them.

- Can get free health insurance by being named on your parent's health insurance until 26
                                                                                                                  - Big subsidies on cost of healthcare if you don't earn much money
                                                                                                                  - The phenomenally evil practice of cancelling people's health insurance when they find out they have a serious health condition is outlawed

The unspoken reason that people are against it is essentially because the current uninsured are largely black or hispanic.

I could never be in politics, dealing with so many stupid people would eventually lead to a Falling Down style moment.
                                                                                                                  I read a great article a while ago one the bbc newssite
                                                                                                                  The gist of it explains that the public hate being told whats good for them and prefer politicians that talk from the gut (even if its faked) than with their heads
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by dougee19 View Post
                                                                                                                    Compare to mine

- Nothing (70% approx)
                                                                                                                    - 2xWheetabix (15%)
                                                                                                                    - Beans on Toast (15%)

Lunch is usually one of:
                                                                                                                    - Nothing(60%)
                                                                                                                    - Crackers(10%)
                                                                                                                    - tayto's/choc(10%)

- Nothing(40%)
                                                                                                                    - Restaurant(27.5%)
                                                                                                                    - Pasta (10%)
                                                                                                                    - Beans on Toast(10%)
                                                                                                                    - Pizza (6.25%)
                                                                                                                    - Pringles (6.25)

No exercise ever and have had this diet for years now as well as being a vegetarian for 10+ years; finally after joining a gym and starting to actually make food lately.

Hate being this lazy tbh
                                                                                                                    This is ridiculous!! No dessert?!?!?!
                                                                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

and yet again I self pwn - im such a gobsh!te sometimes. Yeah i dont mind if enough people are interested il do it just please no-one try to level me as its not really an achievement anymore

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        So once a week you eat nothing?!
                                                                                                                        must be asleep one whole day everyweek

Comment

bubbleking that is a classic. ( i know I'm easily amused)

then Doughie admits to gamboling his food budget on the pokahs and ends up eating nothing for a week. (could be readng this wrong)
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Solskjaer; 22-03-10, 20:12.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X