Comment

May the fourth be with you.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJFF View Post
              its been a while . . . . . .
              How goes it sir?
              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

playing astro at 4 today in tallaght. myself and few other poker boys - have had few people who cant make it, anyone any interest in it? could do with 2 or 3 more people . . .
                GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                  quick question. need to make a large withdrawal(like 10kish max) in cash from from the bank(BOI) tomorrow or the next day. Will this be a problem? I assume if I call in advance, maybe they need 24 hours notice or something?

EDIT: Before people say don't be keeping too much money in BOI etc, I don't really, but I use it to withdraw poker moneys generally.
                  I guess it depends on the branch. The local BOI for example had a notice that the max daily withdrawal was €2k unless otherwise requested in advance. Best bet is to give them a bell and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    What's up Jeff?
                    Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                    How goes it sir?
                    still in australia, never seem to be online, i have missed this place though
                    http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Why is Ruud Van Nistelrooy working for RTE?

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                        I guess it depends on the branch. The local BOI for example had a notice that the max daily withdrawal was €2k unless otherwise requested in advance. Best bet is to give them a bell and see how it goes.
                        yeah did that, 24 hours notice was needed.

Comment

what is the cheapest way to get dollars from somewhere, into a net wallet and into a euro bank account? Neteller or moneybookers? Should the net wallet be in dollars or euro?

Comment

Comment

Is Fortuni the horse we're on today?
                              Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                              despite your refusal to make this horse your 'lock of the week' i have put a few euros on at 15/8
                              Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                              Is this a credible tip?
                              Kai Broon. 2.35, Kelso. I lumped on. Solid tip that it will win easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                It would be impossible to underestimate the desire among the educated classes in the Middle East to become more like Europe while retaining their core religious principals.
                                education in the Middle East is an interesting topic

here's a statistic: the number of books translated into Arabic in the last 1,000 years is the same as that translated into Spanish in a single year

doesn't augur well for your liberal democratic revolution
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  education in the Middle East is an interesting topic

here's a statistic: the number of books translated into Arabic in the last 1,000 years is the same as that translated into Spanish in a single year

doesn't augur well for your liberal democratic revolution
                                  False syllogism if you ask me.

Education in the Middle East doesn't have to be western education to create a liberal democracy. Nor does their democracy have to reflect western norms to be valid.
                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                    Kai Broon. 2.35, Kelso. I lumped on. Solid tip that it will win easy.
                                    I got on this morning at 15/8.

Fingers crossed.

Comment

I know we've discussed this a lot over the last year or so, but really what is likely to happen with the way the country is going. I don't mean on a national level but more on an individual level

~ Estimated that 340k homes are in negative equity (doesn't really matter much)
                                      ~ 45k homes at least 90 days behind in mortgage payments
                                      ~ 32k homes at least 180 days behind in mortgage payments
                                      ~ 35k on restructured interest only deals
                                      ~ 150k homes in arrears with Bord Gais, similar number in arrears with ESB

Petrol, interest rates, inflation all on the rise

I'm a firm believer in the good old fuck 'em mentality, but can we really afford to do that. More to the point am I so divorced from reality that I don't see this all around me?

Will we see new bankruptcy laws enacted and how will they benefit the individual/society? What would you do if you had the power to do so?
                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                        False syllogism if you ask me.

Education in the Middle East doesn't have to be western education to create a liberal democracy. Nor does their democracy have to reflect western norms to be valid.
                                        and the Arabs invented plenty of useful things:

Al-Gebra
                                        Al-Kohol

at some point however, things went wrong with their relations with the rest of the world. Islam turned in on itself and became reactionary (I'm generalising here but bear with me) and suspicious towards other cultures. Myself, I blame the Wah'habis.

Comment

Fingers crossed.
                                          5/2 now

Comment

5/2 now
                                            *shrug*

Comment

*shrug*
                                              the jockey does have an amusing name

Comment

Fingers crossed.
                                                You can get 3/1 now, hopefully not a bad sign.

Comment

and the Arabs invented plenty of useful things:

Al-Gebra
                                                  Al-Kohol

at some point however, things went wrong with their relations with the rest of the world. Islam turned in on itself and became reactionary (I'm generalising here but bear with me) and suspicious towards other cultures. Myself, I blame the Wah'habis.
                                                  Really? I blame the difference in how Christians treated Muslims with how Muslims treated Christians. In neither culture was proselytizing allowed by the other but Christians persecuted Muslims in their cities while in Muslim cities Christians lead, by comparison, much easier lives.

The Crusades might have had a hand in the whole thing too.

Interesting fact: More Jews died in Germany and France during the First Crusade than either Christians or Muslims did in the actual theatre of war.
                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

N1 CHD

Comment

All hail CHD!
                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Ship Ship

Comment

Comment

Cheers CHD. I went in again as he drifted. Boooommmm... back in the game for the week!

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                              Really? I blame the difference in how Christians treated Muslims with how Muslims treated Christians. In neither culture was proselytizing allowed by the other but Christians persecuted Muslims in their cities while in Muslim cities Christians lead, by comparison, much easier lives.

The Crusades might have had a hand in the whole thing too.

Interesting fact: More Jews died in Germany and France during the First Crusade than either Christians or Muslims did in the actual theatre of war.
                                                              modern day factors please

one can only go so deep on a midweek afternoon

discuss the breakup of the Ottoman Empire and the general fuck-up that is the ME since then

Comment

Now c'mon United for a double ship ship

Comment

Is Iago online at the moment?

Why don't the SF mods just ban The Muppet?

I understand there are arguments about taking a stronger line wrt banning people who skirt the fringes of the charter in general, but in this particular instance EVERYBODY knows his story, he's hated equally by fans of all teams and is patently a extremely negative influence on any and all threads he posts in.

Why not just turf him out?

Comment

I understand there are arguments about taking a stronger line wrt banning people who skirt the fringes of the charter in general, but in this particular instance EVERYBODY knows his story, he's hated equally by fans of all teams and is patently a extremely negative influence on any and all threads he posts in.

And while you are at it get me back in.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUb06iLjTKA[/ame]
                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

In fairness to him, it's not like he's CHD or anything

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                          Cocaines a hell of a drug huh huh huh, tremendous

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                            And while you are at it get me back in.
                                                                            ah there you are!

Cheers for the tip, bribery is always a good way to get what you want

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                              In fairness to him, it's not like he's CHD or anything
                                                                              I know as a generality it's going to be a contentious issue, but in this particular case it's just soooooo cut and dry.

I doubt you'll find a single poster who'll say they enjoy his posts in a genuine (as opposed to lol @ trolling) way.

He single-handedly ruins a ton of threads imo.

Comment

The other part is just as good

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jok7n-DGiQU[/ame]

Comment

I know as a generality it's going to be a contentious issue, but in this particular case it's just soooooo cut and dry.

I doubt you'll find a single poster who'll say they enjoy his posts in a genuine (as opposed to lol @ trolling) way.

He single-handedly ruins a ton of threads imo.
                                                                                  TBH I'm not going to get into here but I don't disagree with anything you've posted.

Comment

TBH I'm not going to get into here but I don't disagree with anything you've posted.
                                                                                    Cool, just wondering...

Comment

I know we've discussed this a lot over the last year or so, but really what is likely to happen with the way the country is going. I don't mean on a national level but more on an individual level

~ Estimated that 340k homes are in negative equity (doesn't really matter much)
                                                                                      ~ 45k homes at least 90 days behind in mortgage payments
                                                                                      ~ 32k homes at least 180 days behind in mortgage payments
                                                                                      ~ 35k on restructured interest only deals
                                                                                      ~ 150k homes in arrears with Bord Gais, similar number in arrears with ESB

Petrol, interest rates, inflation all on the rise

I'm a firm believer in the good old fuck 'em mentality, but can we really afford to do that. More to the point am I so divorced from reality that I don't see this all around me?

Will we see new bankruptcy laws enacted and how will they benefit the individual/society? What would you do if you had the power to do so?
                                                                                      never fear Iago! NAMA will save us!!

oh wait

we're fucked

Comment

Cool, just wondering...
                                                                                        That probably came across harsher than I meant it to. I'm just not one for telling tales out of school. There's ongoing discussions between the mods/cmods and others at the moment on this and once a consensus is reached we'll communicate it out.

In general terms it can be hard to remove a poster simply because he/she takes a contrary position. for the most part that position is a valid one, just because it flies in the face of popular opinion or even common sense at times isn't enough of a reason to ban someone.

There are some people in the world who genuinely hold to those positions, that's not trolling although it can come across that way. Ironically those leading the charge for action to be taken against any given poster are generally top of lists of trolls from other users

Comment

never fear Iago! NAMA will save us!!

oh wait

we're fucked
                                                                                          I'd thank that for the information, but it's made me more depressed

Comment

Was going through some of my old stuff and came across $115. Won't get to Vegas this year unless i scoop the Laddies package, so does anyone playing JP Masters want it and they can give me the XE rate of €77? Was going to just hold onto it or lodge it into the bank, but probably better giving it to some degen

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                              Was going through some of my old stuff and came across $115. Won't get to Vegas this year unless i scoop the Laddies package, so does anyone playing JP Masters want it and they can give me the XE rate of €77? Was going to just hold onto it or lodge it into the bank, but probably better giving it to some degen
                                                                                              or me tony?

Comment

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

That probably came across harsher than I meant it to. I'm just not one for telling tales out of school. There's ongoing discussions between the mods/cmods and others at the moment on this and once a consensus is reached we'll communicate it out.

In general terms it can be hard to remove a poster simply because he/she takes a contrary position. for the most part that position is a valid one, just because it flies in the face of popular opinion or even common sense at times isn't enough of a reason to ban someone.

There are some people in the world who genuinely hold to those positions, that's not trolling although it can come across that way. Ironically those leading the charge for action to be taken against any given poster are generally top of lists of trolls from other users
                                                                                                  Didn't take it badly don't worry.

I think I'd be happy enough to trust your (and the other mods') judgement about who's genuinely contrary and who's a troll in a general case.

In this particular case there's nothing to even worry about, the guy is blatant and I genuinely can't see anybody at all being upset to see him gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                    or me tony?
                                                                                                    Once someone can hand me €77 drinking money on Friday i don't care who wants it

Comment

I'd thank that for the information, but it's made me more depressed
                                                                                                      you should have been an early adopter of doom & gloom like myself

now that the path ahead is pretty obvious to all sentient beings, I feel fairly cheerful

Comment

Once someone can hand me €77 drinking money on Friday i don't care who wants it
                                                                                                        Tony, I'll take it on Saturday if you will hold it for me until then (will defo be there, playing the €300 side event). No problems if not obv.

Comment

for anyone who missed it, another classic piece from parkinson.

There are some things you can’t learn from the interweb. You just have to go on the road and work it out for yourself. One such skill is how to play (and win sometimes) the “Who’s going to pay for the cab to the airport?” game. Some, me included, consider it way more skillfull than poker. Sometimes you get heads up matches where one guy, despite the apparent simplicity of the game, is practically drawing dead. Such a contest took place the day after the Irish Open. Goliath showed up in the form of my friend Surrindar Sunar who just the previous day had lost a gruelling heads up contest for the whole lot to a young Irish internet qualifier called Niall. Some guys who’d just picked up €290,000 for a second place finish would be thinking of taking the day off but not our man. He desperately wanted to play. You can’t blame him really because he’s hard to beat or indeed tie with at any discipline where money is involved. He soon found David aka Mr. Jesse May ...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                            Tony, I'll take it on Saturday if you will hold it for me until then (will defo be there, playing the €300 side event). No problems if not obv.
                                                                                                            Not sure if Trippie was looking for above, if not it's your Paul no probs. It comes with 25 dollar bills attached tho

Comment

Not sure if Trippie was looking for above, if not it's your Paul no probs. It comes with 25 dollar bills attached tho
                                                                                                              Trippie had ulterior motives imo

Comment

Jez Flushdraw has some posts:thanks ratio. Nearly a thanks every post! and has played the most posts too! Super striker

Comment

I was towing your line on Sat RDIII when my mates were arguing that we've reached the bottom, houses are good value now, and Dublin is a different market. I think their position may be swayed by the fact that they both bought pretty high within the last 3 years!
                                                                                                                  They say we'll never see the day of 'decent' houses in Dublin 9 for 200k and that I'm dreaming. Refused to accept that the country is still fooked.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                      I was towing your line on Sat RDIII when my mates were arguing that we've reached the bottom, houses are good value now, and Dublin is a different market. I think their position may be swayed by the fact that they both bought pretty high within the last 3 years!
                                                                                                                      They say we'll never see the day of 'decent' houses in Dublin 9 for 200k and that I'm dreaming. Refused to accept that the country is still fooked.
                                                                                                                      introduce them to the concept of sovereign recovery locks

that should get them pooing their pants somewhat

Comment

lol economics. All that graph tells me is that Ireland has more of something than a car company and a semiconductor manufacturer.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X