This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Opr View Post
    Sick stuff from Lebron to finish any ideas of a close finish!

Opr
    No chance, game over.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
      Sick stuff from Lebron to finish any ideas of a close finish!

Opr
      was fun while it lasted

Comment

Quick question,
        Is it possible to install program files directly to a external drive, such as a USB. A poker client for example.

Is it possible to have these so that they will run on different computers, my gut says no

Comment

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Meh, more like . . .

Opr

Comment

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by liz:) View Post
                weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeee
                What did you win?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                  What did you win?
                  nothing lol,im going to vegas and im the most excited person EVER!

Comment

Which club will you be working in

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Which club will you be working in
                      il be passed out on the floor of 1 of them with any luck...classy bird

Comment

quick question. need to make a large withdrawal(like 10kish max) in cash from from the bank(BOI) tomorrow or the next day. Will this be a problem? I assume if I call in advance, maybe they need 24 hours notice or something?

EDIT: Before people say don't be keeping too much money in BOI etc, I don't really, but I use it to withdraw poker moneys generally.
                        Last edited by cardshark202; 04-05-11, 02:16.

Comment

I'm going to Bray tomorrow, beat that.

Comment

I think its quite fitting that the man who vowed not to shave until bin Laden was caught, ended up with a big black and grey Bin Laden beard
                            SPOILER

Man shaves for the first time since 9/11

Moved by the 9/11 tragedy, he grew the beard to remind his pupils of America’s most deadly terror attack.

The beard then began making headlines in 2002, receiving more press coverage on the fifth anniversary of the attacks.

As years went by, the teacher started to believe that he would still be wearing the grey 15-inch-long beard a decade after the attacks which killed 3,000 people.

Weddle was working in the garden at 7.48pm (US Pacific Standard Time) on Sunday when a work colleague called to tell him that bin Laden was dead.

On hearing the news that the world’s most wanted terrorist had been killed, Weddle reached for a razor and scissors, with the momentous occasion witnessed by his thrilled wife and friends.

The 50-year-old, who was so eager to fulfill his vow, told The Daily Astorian newspaper that he spent the first five minutes crying as he couldn't get it off fast enough.

The principle of Weddle’s school in Ephrata issued a statement, honouring his commitment. “For 3,454 days, Mr Weddle kept his word, faithful and true. He endured ridicule, jokes and no doubt people telling him that his was a lost cause.”

“On top of that he watched daily news reports that cast doubt whether Osama bin Laden was even still alive, or if dead his body would never be recovered. In which case, to be true to his word Mr Weddle would have to never shave again for the rest of his life.”

Now clean-shaven, his wife, Donita said: “I wanted him to get rid of it, but it was his vow. I respected his passion and keeping a vow. I was willing to look past the beard because I love him. He looks ten years younger. It’s a very happy moment for us. It’s a very happy moment for the whole nation.”

Unfortunately for Mr Weddle, he cut himself whilst shaving for the first time in 3,454 days.
                            A US man, who grew his beard for nearly ten years, has finally shaved it off to welcome the death of Osama bin Laden.

Comment

Good cover story.

Comment

Anyone else expecting a much more impressive beard after ten years?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                  Anyone else expecting a much more impressive beard after ten years?
                                  I was.

Are you the real Charlie Sheen?

Comment

I was.

Are you the real Charlie Sheen?
                                    Sadly, no.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                      Sadly, no.
                                      Have you seen Dave?

Comment

Have you seen Dave?
                                        I havn't but I'm sure he'll be here shortly.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            I think its quite fitting that the man who vowed not to shave until bin Laden was caught, ended up with a big black and grey Bin Laden beard
                                            SPOILER

http://beta.uk.news.yahoo.com/man-sh...ince-9-11.html
                                            wow this guy is going to be pissed when osama does a captain jack sparrow on it and turn up riding sea turtles next month

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                              this guy is the sickness

if you havn't seen him enjoy

if you have enjoy again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zF...eature=related
                                              yeah his good but love this better,

(stick on the 480p & play it full screen any try say you dont hold yer breath a few times!)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jO0VLouJFNQ[/ame]

Comment

It's ok, I'm alive.

Comment

We were worried sick.

Comment

I lost all track of time playing doubles on Fifa. I got home fine though.
                                                    Last edited by davepoke/her; 04-05-11, 04:28.

Comment

mmm pie

Comment

That hurt my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                          That hurt my eyes.
                                                          SPOILER
                                                          Last edited by CHDad; 04-05-11, 04:40.

Comment

I had to do something to alleviate the worry.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                quick question. need to make a large withdrawal(like 10kish max) in cash from from the bank(BOI) tomorrow or the next day. Will this be a problem? I assume if I call in advance, maybe they need 24 hours notice or something?

EDIT: Before people say don't be keeping too much money in BOI etc, I don't really, but I use it to withdraw poker moneys generally.
                                                                Unless things have changed since 2009, you merely need to walk into a branch and ask at the desk for the €10k. Make sure to bring some ID with you. I didn't need to ring in advance.
                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                  I didn't need to ring in advance.
                                                                  hmmmmmmmmmmm, how'd that work out for ya

Comment

Excellent post Lloyd.
                                                                    I thought it was a terrible post, in what way is an insertion & small firefight in a friendly country by the most powerful army in the world as cartoonish/outlandish as hi-jacking several jumbo jets and flying them into world famous landmarks and knocking down the Twin towers. That is just nonsense!

Comment

That's the worst presented chart I've ever seen

Comment

You should have seen the ones that didn't make the cut.
                                                                        It has 504 entries, not easy imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                          I thought it was a terrible post, in what way is an insertion & small firefight in a friendly country by the most powerful army in the world as cartoonish/outlandish as hi-jacking several jumbo jets and flying them into world famous landmarks and knocking down the Twin towers. That is just nonsense!
                                                                          I took that paticular statement as hyperbole.
                                                                          I was refer more to the comments on the naivity of people questioning the fact that they didn't instantly release pictures of the body. And the general GTFO tone.

Lloyd didn't mention it, but it's similar to people questioning the fact that he was buried so quick (in accordance with Islamic law). How is that surprizing given one of the USAs main points in the Obama's address was that a war on terrorism is not a war Islam

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                          You should have seen the ones that didn't make the cut.
                                                                          It has 504 entries, not easy imo.
                                                                          BBV post count, nice work

Comment

AUSTIN POWERS CHAT UP LINES

1) I wish you were a door so I could bang you all day long.

2) (Lick finger and wipe on her shirt) let's get you out of those wet
                                                                            clothes.

3) Nice legs... What time do they open?

4) Do you work for the post office? I thought I saw you checking out my
                                                                            package.

5) You've got 206 bones in your body, want one more?

6) Can I buy you a drink or do you just want the money?

7) I may not be the best looking guy in here, but I'm the only one
                                                                            talking to you.

8) I'm a bird watcher and I'm looking for a Big Breasted Bed thrasher,
                                                                            -have you seen one?

9) I'm fighting the urge to make you the happiest woman on earth
                                                                            tonight.

10) Wanna play army? I'll lie down and you can blow the hell outta me.

11) I'd really like to see how you look when I'm naked.

12) You might not be the best looking girl here, but beauty is only a
                                                                            light switch away.

13) I'd walk a million miles for one of your smiles, and even farther
                                                                            for that thing you do with your tongue.

14) If it's true that we are what we eat, then I could be you by
                                                                            morning.

15) You know, if I were you, I'd have sex with me.

16) You, Me, Whipped cream and Handcuffs. Any questions?

17) Those clothes would look great in a crumpled heap on my bedroom
                                                                            floor.

18) My name is ( )...remember that, you'll be screaming it later.

19) Do you believe in love at first sight or should I walk by again?

20) Do you sleep on your stomach? Can I?

21) Do you wash your pants in Mr Sheen because I can see myself in them

Comment

SPOILER

http://beta.uk.news.yahoo.com/man-sh...ince-9-11.html
                                                                              What. An. Idiot.

His wife 'respecting his vow' is even more idiotic, if possible.

Last but not least, I'm guessing 'The principle of Weddle’s school in Ephrata' is actually the principal of the school - unless they created a special 'principle' position for him in honour of his sticking to his core belief of not shaving for any old arbitrary reason!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                Pakistan?

I know you have personal connections with the place but I don't think many Pakistanis would classify themselves as friendly towards the US.

or vice versa
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  Pakistan?

I know you have personal connections with the place but I don't think many Pakistanis would classify themselves as friendly towards the US.

or vice versa
                                                                                  In diplomatic and international relations terms they are most certainly friendly. At least on the most superficial level.
                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

How do I find out what price Kai Broon will be in the 2.35 at Kelso tomorrow?
                                                                                    Absolute lock apparently.
                                                                                    despite your refusal to make this horse your 'lock of the week' i have put a few euros on at 15/8

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                      In diplomatic and international relations terms they are most certainly friendly. At least on the most superficial level.
                                                                                      Very superficial

Comment

Lads,

Can someone try to log into Boylepoker and tell me if it's down. Thanks

Comment

very superfical as you know

and in terms of being the world hotbed of radical jihadism backed by their intelligence services (which appear to be untouchable)?
                                                                                          The local politicans want US money but have no appetite or desire to confront the jihadists. In many cases they're pretty openly supportive of the radical agenda.

look at the recent murder of Salman Taseer for example and, more tellingly the reaction to his assassin. Your fellow proponents of the legal profession come out of this well.

The recent (linked) case of the Christian lady who was sentenced to death is another symptom of a country that is becoming increasingly lawless and radicalised. There's a very good reason the Yanks didn't let the Pakistanis know about their plans to get Bin Laden, they don't trust them an inch.
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Is Fortuni the horse we're on today?

Comment

Lads,

Down for me.... `cannot connect to server` message appearing !

Comment

Lads,

Just tried, I can't log in either.
                                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                  what no one told me anything about it
                                                                                                  what time and where?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                    Is this a credible tip?

Comment

I dunno, AJ posted a link yesterday and said something about the favourite?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                                        Is this a credible tip?
                                                                                                        Pretty sure he was joking as it's the haarse that's in direct oppositing in betting terms to Chadley's tip.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

How do I find out what price Kai Broon will be in the 2.35 at Kelso tomorrow?
                                                                                                          This was the post I missed, hence not understanding AJ's link.

Apologies to all for the confusion.

Comment

very superfical as you know

and in terms of being the world hotbed of radical jihadism backed by their intelligence services (which appear to be untouchable)?
                                                                                                            The local politicans want US money but have no appetite or desire to confront the jihadists. In many cases they're pretty openly supportive of the radical agenda.

look at the recent murder of Salman Taseer for example and, more tellingly the reaction to his assassin. Your fellow proponents of the legal profession come out of this well.

The recent (linked) case of the Christian lady who was sentenced to death is another symptom of a country that is becoming increasingly lawless and radicalised. There's a very good reason the Yanks didn't let the Pakistanis know about their plans to get Bin Laden, they don't trust them an inch.
                                                                                                            Of course they hate each other but Pakistan is a nuclear nation. The US is genuinely on good diplomatic terms with India and needs a power broker in the region to counter-balance China but their major security issue is Pakistan. The US pay them to not be more than 80% bad guy.

If the US thought they could go into Pakistan and take them out without risking a retaliatory attack on India or perhaps American interests in Africa they absolutely would. Right now they're militarily overstretched and that keeps Pakistan from the diplomatic and military ass-kicking it so desperately needs.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post

PTSB were cool with 24 hours notice.
                                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Pakistan?

or vice versa
                                                                                                                They are currently running joint operations together in Pakistan/Afghanistan, and Pakistan allows the CIA to do pretty much what they want, including unmanned drone attacks. The guardian speculated that the reason Pakistan wasn't aware of the raid happening is because they concealed it as a regular CIA flight, for which they have a standing agreement. I don't know how much more friendly you want to get. They weren't invading hostile airspace.

Edit, cant find the exact article, although this has some of the same info: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...bbottabad-raid
                                                                                                                Last edited by Hectorjelly; 04-05-11, 11:05.

Comment

O.... The US pay them to not be more than 80% bad guy.
                                                                                                                  ...
                                                                                                                  Well then they are not getting anything to close to value for their money. It has probably been since its foundation consistently the single most dysfunctional state outside Africa and I can only see that getting worse in the future. Keeping a lid on it is going to be some task.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                    Well then they are not getting anything to close to value for their money. It has probably been since its foundation consistently the single most dysfunctional state outside Africa and I can only see that getting worse in the future. Keeping a lid on it is going to be some task.
                                                                                                                    You're probably right. There are a few trouble spots coming down the line in terms of worldwide diplomacy. India/Pakistan is definitely one of them. Korea when Kim Jong Il dies (amazingly he is a stabilising force in the region in some respects) and Saudi Arabia. The revolutions in Syria, Egypt, Jordan and Libya are going to have serious long term repercussions.

Comment

You're probably right. There are a few trouble spots coming down the line in terms of worldwide diplomacy. India/Pakistan is definitely one of them. Korea when Kim Jong Il dies (amazingly he is a stabilising force in the region in some respects) and Saudi Arabia. The revolutions in Syria, Egypt, Jordan and Libya are going to have serious long term repercussions.
                                                                                                                      Its also an enormous opportunity for liberal democracy. It would be impossible to underestimate the desire among the educated classes in the Middle East to become more like Europe while retaining their core religious principals. The big questions are will the vested interests in the region allow democracy at all and then can a moderate form of Islam cohabit with a democratic state when its adherents account for a huge majority of the population.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Its also an enormous opportunity for liberal democracy. It would be impossible to underestimate the desire among the educated classes in the Middle East to become more like Europe while retaining their core religious principals. The big questions are will the vested interests in the region allow democracy at all and then can a moderate form of Islam cohabit with a democratic state when its adherents account for a huge majority of the population.
                                                                                                                        Couldn't agree more with this post. That said I do foresee serious problems for the US and EU once full scale civil wars break out across the Middle East and sides need to be picked. I hope long term stability is not sacrificed for short term geostrategic advantage. We are about to see an age of revolution on top of the worlds ever diminishing oil supply. That's not necessarily a good thing.

Comment

Quick question,
                                                                                                                          Is it possible to install program files directly to a external drive, such as a USB. A poker client for example.

Is it possible to have these so that they will run on different computers, my gut says no
                                                                                                                          You can defo get portable software to run from external drives as for poker software I doubt it.
                                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X