Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

amazing what playing against Higgins can do for you. I'm now a converted Judd fan. Hope the kid pushes on from here. A huge talent.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
      Look mate, you are planning to fk off to Dublin this weekend, maybe Vegas in June and Killarney end of September. The least you can do is give me the telly remote!

Anyway, there are 3 other telly's to watch so shut up of GTFO
      Is our investment based on the Wimmins consent?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
        No. Maybe he should go for a drink with Michelle Smith and have a chat about how they've been unfairly victimised.
        not similar. Michelle smith had a tracable change in performance in line with her hew trainer, who had previous convictions for drug use, at a stage in her life when she should be reducing in performance, in addition to some questionable behaviour in relation to drugs testing teams.

Higgins was at the end of a News International sting, and when it comes to truthful reporting the last people I believe are News International.
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

People who think Higgins was/is innocent are the same as people who think Barca don't cheat, and Lance Armstrong was clean.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
            Is our investment based on the Wimmins consent?
            Consent given

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
              People who think Higgins was/is innocent are the same as people who think Barca don't cheat, and Lance Armstrong was clean.
              I'm not saying he's innocent, but having News international, for me, throws significant doubt in my mind.

Barca, like every football team, cheat.

Lance Armstrong, like every cyclist in the last 30 years, has probably been involved in performance enhancing drugs.

Comment

People who think Higgins was/is innocent are the same as people who think osama bin laden is dead, and Lance Armstrong was clean.

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                  I agree entirely with what the C kid said.

FYP.
                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                    Not the strongest really, that Shirley is the worst character by far in the show I actually have no idea what she brings to it. The fake re-cap show had some funny bits. The overall problem I see is that there is no storyline in the show to build on week to week so sometimes its brilliant others its meh.

Glad to see fiddle girl is still in Treme
                    Yeah its her stupid voice that gets to me I thought Chang was brilliant in the last 2 episodes, that re-cap episode had something like 70 new shots in it.

She is pretty wicked in Treme for sure

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T9Nw_5hfA4&feature=related[/ame]
                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

SHD - I think I know the answer to your problem. Stop taking pieces from small farm animals and trying to put them into light fixtures...

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                      Ok, this is really bizarre.
                      Cleaned my computer desk and the cables belows it (dusty), moved the lamp that is on my desk carefully onto the floor while cleaning....

Get everything cleaned, switch on lamp, no dice. (fuck you lamp), grab bulb from identical lamb on the other side of the room to see if the bulb went, no dice.

Feel pissed off. Go to turn on other lamp, no dice.
                      Test it with bulb from the remaining (but different) working lamp, no dice.

So two lamps that are a set (they were here when I moved in), that have never given any trouble, that are on opposite sides of the room - both give up the ghost at the same time.

Consider me utterly flummoxed.

me =

Comment

See Zod's post. Barca are clearly displayed cheating in front of us. Armstrong could not possibly have done what he did and been both clean and human at the same time (although I'm willing to believe that he's currently Mecha-Armstrong).

There is absolutely no evidence that Higgins threw a single frame or accepted any payments from dodgy characters. His story adds up, and although he was incredibly stupid to even show up to that meeting, we have no proof that he did anything untoward other than nod and smile as a dodgy cunt asked him to rig the odd frame, and then ran like fuck.
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

not similar. Michelle smith had a tracable change in performance in line with her hew trainer, who had previous convictions for drug use, at a stage in her life when she should be reducing in performance, in addition to some questionable behaviour in relation to drugs testing teams.

Higgins was at the end of a News International sting, and when it comes to truthful reporting the last people I believe are News International.

It's pretty clear what happened. Higgins was asked to rig games, and this is where it becomes very obvious imo that Higgins should have been banned from the sport. Higgins and Mooney are player and manager for a long time, both helped set up the players association so I'd hazard a guess both have a good professional and probably personal relationship. Now we have a manager who is clearly bent and was rightfully banned. Yet we are expected to believe that despite these two guys knowing each very well and for a good number of years it just so happened that first and only time Higgins has been offereda bribe just happened to be the one time it was a newspaper sting? Roflcopters tbh.

Put yourself in Mooneys position, if you had no idea Higgins was interested in a bribe(which in itself is pretty laughable when they both know each other so well) would the first you bring it up be with some randomer in the Ukraine? Hardly. Sounds like career suicide from Mooneys point of view. The relaxed nature of Higgins in the video makes it pretty obvious that this wasn't the first time this happened, and the fact Mooney was comfortable involving Higgins in the deal really makes it so unlikely that this really was the first time it ever happened and Higgins was in fear of his life so went along with it. I really have no idea how people can think Higgins isn't bent as fuck.

Comment

I'm not saying he's innocent, but having News international, for me, throws significant doubt in my mind.

Barca, like every football team, cheat.

Lance Armstrong, like every cyclist in the last 30 years, has probably been involved in performance enhancing drugs.
                            Dude was rumoured to be dodgy a long time before the News of The World "sting". There was a premier league game a couple of years before where it was incredibly bizarre. There was a huge thread on the Betfair forum at the time about it, that was an incredible read, especially after the NOTW story came out, where 5 or 6 big known traders all at one point questioned was Higgins throwing this. These guys watch frame after frame after frame, and would be far better positioned to question strange betting patterns and dodgy shots. It wasn't a complete surprise when the stories came out.

Comment

good night !!!! yawn, back to normal in the morning !
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

The lamp fiasco reminded me of an interesting documentary I watched a couple of months ago about planned obsolescence (products designed with built in FAIL).

It seems likely that this is why the lamps may simultaneously have met their maker tonight (and come to think of it, I've bought a number of other lamps, typically in pairs, sometimes used by different people and all have died in short order).

Here is the documentary, it's worth watching:
                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HnW6Mm5sUI[/ame]

Cliffs from memory on the documentary:
                                • Lightbulbs have about an 1000 hour shelf life by design, this is an industry agreed standard.
                                • Printers (can) have a chip in them that tells them to stop working after 'x' number of page are printed (and in the documentary, the guy finds a fix for his that resets this).

It's funny that the bulb Edison made last 1500 hours, which is longer than the average shelf life of today's bulbs.
                                Here is a link to the world's oldest working lightbulb (featured in the documentary), it has been burning for 110 years.

Anyhow, a friend linked to the documentary on facebook a whle ago (it had been shown on TG4), and here is the post I made at the time...

I was in my granny's house recently and was bemused to see that she still has the fridge that I remember from my childhood.
                                She told me that prior to him passing away (11 years ago), my Grandad insisted (despite him being notoriously frugal) that she go and "Buy a feckin' new one."
                                She replied "Ahh, sure I'll wait till this one goes" - it still hasn't.
                                It's older than I am (so it's 30 years or more). I must ask about the bulb!

Incidentally, my current crop of socks have begun to fail miserably over recent weeks.
                                To my continued bewilderment, holes have developed in over half of them, a problem I've never encountered with such frequency before.
                                I think the difference is that when I bought the current batch, I threw out all the existing socks I had at that time.
                                The current batch have now obviously reached their planned obsolescence. Of course some will have logged more hours than others which probably explains why a few remain intact.

Today I bought new socks in Dunnes so I guess now would be the perfect time to track and log all the lifetime hours of each and every sock to see if they all have the same fail point and what that is. (I'm roughly guesstimating 2,000 hours).

It could be my contribution to mankind.
                                Wonder can I get funding...

P.S: A few months ago, most of the bulbs in my apartment started to go simultaneously in spite of the fact that some were in use far less frequently than others.
                                This leads me to conclude that they may be able to communicate with one another.
                                I'm unsure as to whether it was an act of unity that led them all to go at the same time or whether one went first which gave rise to a spate of copycats. One light bulb which I thought had blown was on closer inspection actually just a little lose - so I guess that was just a gesture.
                                Perceived obsolescence is pretty messed up too.

Now on an entirely different subject, here are some more pictures of that Brazilian ref, Ana Paula Oliveira:

[nsfw=]

[/nsfw]
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

^^^ Did he just claim that there's a chip in socks that causes them to become frayed?
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    Consent given
                                    Should be a new key point in the % charter imo.

Will the wife allow you to play?What is her current state of mind?
                                    I know it would be the key question in any charter I was involved in.
                                    I certainly wouldn't invest in MSN's hubby any time around the 28th of the month or ten days prior.

Comment

Cleaned my computer desk and the cables belows it (dusty), moved the lamp that is on my desk carefully onto the floor while cleaning....

Get everything cleaned, switch on lamp, no dice. (fuck you lamp), grab bulb from identical lamb on the other side of the room to see if the bulb went, no dice.

So two lamps that are a set (they were here when I moved in), that have never given any trouble, that are on opposite sides of the room - both give up the ghost at the same time.

me =
                                      You have ghosts imo

Comment

SHD, I think that kid you were stalking in Greystones the other day has special powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                                          Hi All,

Havn't been on in a while... hope ye are all winning!

Anyway decided to donk off some money in a donkament on stars and went to deposit to neteller using my AIB maestro card and got an instant message saying that due to the high volume of transactions to and from gaming sites I could no longer use my card to deposit on neteller..

I tried phoning neteller and no avail.. I have mailed them but that could take a week/month! So phoned AIB 24 hour bank and they know nothing about it..

The last time I used my card was nearly a year ago to make a deposit and I had one withdrawal since then...

anyone know anything about it.. is it a new policy or something?
                                          I'd imagine they've been under some pressure (volume wise) since Black Friday http://www.pokernews.com/news/2011/0...iday-10223.htm I know it took 2 weeks for a small withdrawal from FT to neteller for myself, and not even the hint of an apology or explanation for the delay. Surprised if there's any real problems at netellers end, though maestro cards were always a bit niche.
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                              ^^^ Did he just claim that there's a chip in socks that causes them to become frayed?
                                              I wish, lol.
                                              Don't need a chip to have planned obsolescence built in.
                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

Dude was rumoured to be dodgy a long time before the News of The World "sting". There was a premier league game a couple of years before where it was incredibly bizarre. There was a huge thread on the Betfair forum at the time about it, that was an incredible read, especially after the NOTW story came out, where 5 or 6 big known traders all at one point questioned was Higgins throwing this. These guys watch frame after frame after frame, and would be far better positioned to question strange betting patterns and dodgy shots. It wasn't a complete surprise when the stories came out.
                                                  his "rumoured to be dodgy" was from several traders on the betfair forum?

Comment

Now on an entirely different subject, here are some more pictures of that Brazilian ref, Ana Paula Oliveira:

Not Brazilian IMO
                                                    Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Comment

11 hours until new Black ops maps are out

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                          Wasn't there also some chip put in IBM printers to make them work at a lower quality? Think they built the exact same high-end and low-end printers, but then put a chip in the low-end printers that stopped them working as well as the high-end ones.

/ could have been Naomi Klein (No Logo) who said that
                                                          That's quite standard with some things, I've heard. Computer processors are often somewhat like that, apparently.
                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

me =
                                                            light gasket obv, goin to cost you around three fifty to fix i dare say!

Comment

his "rumoured to be dodgy" was from several traders on the betfair forum?
                                                              Not sure what this is getting at, but they would defo be the first to suspect, and most likely to know, through having found out the hard way.

You seem to be implying traders on the BF forum are dodgy?
                                                              Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

btw need something new to watch.... any good series out.. I'm up to date with all my current stuff
                                                                Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  SHD, I think that kid you were stalking in Greystones the other day has special powers.
                                                                  Me?

Comment

Comment

Wasn't there also some chip put in IBM printers to make them work at a lower quality? Think they built the exact same high-end and low-end printers, but then put a chip in the low-end printers that stopped them working as well as the high-end ones.

/ could have been Naomi Klein (No Logo) who said that
                                                                      Naomi Klein getting her facts mixed up? never!

there is a difference in some printers which use less ink (via lesser quality) to aim them at lower-end users, versus the high end users who need higher quality (and printing at a higher DPI) and won't baulk at the quicker need for refills and print heads. Not really a case of "don't work chip".

As for CPU's, they are sold with a certain capacity for "overclocking" (to get better performance) but you do so at your own risk as it validates the warranty as it causes a higher chance of the processor failing.

Comment

On the lightbulb thingy. It's probably the exception that proves the rule, but I have something like this

Bought 3 energy saving lightbulbs for it about 5 years ago. Two of them failed about a year ago (within the space of 2 days) and were replaced. The third one is still working a year later. Really think it's odd that 2 would fail almost simultaneously and the third is doing it's own thing

Comment

Naomi Klein getting her facts mixed up? never!

there is a difference in some printers which use less ink (via lesser quality) to aim them at lower-end users, versus the high end users who need higher quality (and printing at a higher DPI) and won't baulk at the quicker need for refills and print heads. Not really a case of "don't work chip".

As for CPU's, they are sold with a certain capacity for "overclocking" (to get better performance) but you do so at your own risk as it validates the warranty as it causes a higher chance of the processor failing.
                                                                          I'd heard that alot of CPUs are made in bulk, then some sold cheaper and underclocked and some sold more expensive and overclocked, but they're the same chips from the same mass produced batch just advertised and branded differently. Is there any truth to that at all or is it nonsense?
                                                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

New Crystal Swing

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XSkstqN2T0[/ame]
                                                                            Last edited by ComradeCollie; 02-05-11, 22:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                              That's quite standard with some things, I've heard. Computer processors are often somewhat like that, apparently.
                                                                              Every chip that Intel for example makes has all the features of the top end model built into it, they then use fuses and things to turn off certain features in order to sell them as lower end models.

When I first heard this I thought it was shocking bad, but it makes sense from everybody's point of view when you think about it.

Comment

I'd heard that alot of CPUs are made in bulk, then some sold cheaper and underclocked and some sold more expensive and overclocked, but they're the same chips from the same mass produced batch just advertised and branded differently. Is there any truth to that at all or is it nonsense?
                                                                                That's not quite right.

Without getting into it at any great technical level if you imagine a bell curve representing a batch of processors, at one extreme of the curve you'll have chips that will be close to their max potential just running at the spec speeds, at the other end will be chips capable of running a lot faster.

It's mainly due to the fact that when a company creates a spec, they're basing it off worst case scenarios wrt variables like operating temperature and supply voltage, so a huge chunk of the parts in any given batch will be capable of better under most normal running conditions.

The thing is, someone like Intel doesn't really know on a chip by chip basis which ones sit on which part of the bell curve, so if you've been unlucky enough to pick up one of the ones on the wrong side and you try overclocking you're probably going to break it.

Comment

...

Comment

Are you sure that's not highly classified information?!
                                                                                    lol no it's standard practice!

There's not really any other way to do it basically...

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                                                                                      btw need something new to watch.... any good series out.. I'm up to date with all my current stuff
                                                                                      no ordinary family
                                                                                      the event
                                                                                      nikita
                                                                                      house
                                                                                      chuck
                                                                                      Justified (just awesome)
                                                                                      Fringe
                                                                                      Blue Bloods
                                                                                      Detriot 187

all decent and worth a watch
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                        11 hours until new Black ops maps are out
                                                                                        Pakistan?
                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

I heard a song on the radio about half an hour ago that blows Friday out of the water in the bad song stakes. Check out this po faced piece of crap from some tuneless moany injun:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX_AhL2SsUs[/ame]

But do look up the word Wendigo.

Comment

Are you sure that's not highly classified information?!
                                                                                            not really, it's fairly well known some kind of jiggery pokery goes on.
                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

oldie, but a goodie

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovEDhFfgdOo[/ame]

Comment

...

Comment

awwwwwww

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                    There's not really any other way to do it basically...
                                                                                                    This isn't quite right I guess, they could design a bunch of different chips, one with all the features, others with various combinations, but in practice it's much easier to just design and manufacture the full thing and turn bits off to allow you to sell at different price points.

An example plucked from the wiki:

Originally posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Core
                                                                                                    Core Solo
                                                                                                    Intel Core Solo[5] (product code 80538) uses the same two-core die as the Core Duo, but features only one active core. This allows Intel to sell dies that have a manufacturing defect in one but not both of the cores.[citation needed] Depending on demand, Intel may also simply disable one of the cores to sell the chip at the Core Solo price—this requires less effort than launching and maintaining a separate line of CPUs that physically only have one core. Intel used the same strategy previously with the 486 CPU in which early 486SX CPUs were in fact manufactured as 486DX CPUs but with the FPU disabled.

Comment

all i'm saying is, as soon as read that post my laptop's i5 chip started making strange whirling sounds
                                                                                                      Also, bad beat for you, that's just an i7 with a fuse thrown in

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                        Stoneyloop, this one's for you dude...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZC6Ot1MLP0
                                                                                                        here is madness's first track a homage to prince buster,
                                                                                                        they changed their name from morris and the minors to madness ( thank fuck) because that was their fav song by the prince

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_srIE-YAb8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_srIE-YAb8[/ame]
                                                                                                        48

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          no ordinary family
                                                                                                          the event
                                                                                                          nikita
                                                                                                          house
                                                                                                          chuck
                                                                                                          Justified (just awesome)
                                                                                                          Fringe
                                                                                                          Blue Bloods
                                                                                                          Detriot 187

all decent and worth a watch
                                                                                                          the event [x]
                                                                                                          nikita
                                                                                                          house [x]
                                                                                                          chuck [x]
                                                                                                          Justified (just awesome)
                                                                                                          Fringe [x]
                                                                                                          Blue Bloods
                                                                                                          Detriot 187

Might try justified next.. thanks
                                                                                                          Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Just finished watching Under Siege 2. What an immensely satisfying film!
                                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

So I've decided to move on from my post Wire depression and commit to another TV show, more than looking for suggestions, I'm just wondering, does The Sopranos even remotely compare?

Comment

arrgghhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                  The thing is, someone like Intel doesn't really know on a chip by chip basis which ones sit on which part of the bell curve,
                                                                                                                  *cough* Celeron *cough*

Comment

oohhhhhhh

Comment

...

Comment

So I've decided to move on from my post Wire depression and commit to another TV show, more than looking for suggestions, I'm just wondering, does The Sopranos even remotely compare?
                                                                                                                        I preferred The Sopranos.

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X