This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post

pretty clear he changes direction as he kept thee ball in. Not apologising or checking she was okay was very poor form though.

Comment

Blimey, looks suspect alright. Intentional or not,didn't even see him apoligise the tosser.
      We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

You can't play the blue like that ffs. He needs to be making sure of that ball

Comment

He's after the ball and pissed off she effectively blocked him off.

Still should have acknowledged it though.
          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Jesus christ, that was totally intentional, he changed direction and ramped up the power and busted her. Should be reprimanded. She laughs it off because otherwise she'd get stick but I doubt a male linesman would take it so well.
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Just spotted this after watching the link above.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt1ZTWiflN4&NR=1[/ame]

Comment

I tell ye - the Barcelona players could take a leaf out of her book. Straight back up.
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                  Just saw an interesting play there in the top of the first Texas @ Oakland. One out and man on first when the batter lines one and its easily caught beside 2nd base but not by 2nd baseman so 2-out.

The runner was on his way to second at the time of the catch so im saying is there any rule that stops the fielder from purposely dropping it then passing to 2nd baseman to go for the double play?. Its just that it looked like he had time to make the play.
                  He could have done this anyway?

If a runner does not tag either base before it is thrown to the base he is running to it is a double play! (he can tag the one running to and be ok - 2nd in this case or get back to 1st)
                  Last edited by White Knight; 02-05-11, 20:21.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                    From my limited knowledge, it seems to me that Trump might be the superior player in terms of technical ability, but he's just making far too many mistakes - and Higgins is solid enough to convert a high percentage of those opportunities.
                    Higgins wouldn't even be in the top 16 in terms of technical ability. It's his bottle and his never-say-die attitude that has won him 3 world titles so far. Nobody makes those clutch shots like he does. But yes, I expect Trump to hand the title to Higgins at some point over the next few frames.
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Watching the Norwich game and they are 1 up with 10 minutes to go. Win will send them automatically into the premiership. Wes Hoolahan has been fantastic tonight and has been all season from what I have read from their fans. Great for him that it looks like he going to get a shot in the premiership.

Opr

Comment

Also, Sian Massey is attractive imo.
                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Nope, not that I'm aware of. However, they would need to make two quick throws. Seems like the percentage play would be to simply take the guaranteed out by catching the fly ball.

A side concern from the fielder might be that if he did drop it he would have an error counted against him by the scorer...
                          I suppose but i would look at this as a fielders version of a batters sacrifice fly in that in shouldnt count against his average and as an error once the intention was obvious!.
                          They would need to make2 quick throws but this play looked beautiful for it considering the proximity of fielder to 2nd baseman.
                          Infield Fly Rule i just looked up doesnt stop this play.

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Yeah he can drop it on purpose but it's too dodge. Much like the way they routinely go to first even if the have a potential out at 3rd. No error can be charged if at least one out is recorded in that situation because the scorer considers the standard outcome from q given batted ball when deciding.
                          Does sound very dodgy but i see it as a shot to nothing for double play with 1 man out very likely. Im sure im wrong seeing as nobody was crowing about it but id like if you could have seen the play. But who knows maybe a casual observer like myself could change the face of the game forever if this angle gets exploited

Yeah i hate those fielders choices then they go for manout on first so many times and let the baserunner reach 3rd. They have less % of getting the man out at third than first but enough to go forit more often and it frustratesme to see them make that play particularly when im backing the fielding side.
                          Last edited by rounders123; 02-05-11, 20:26.

Comment

Got to admire Trumps heart.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

What has this got to do with my lamps?
                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  Got to admire Trumps heart.
                                  It's amazing how this is not phasing him in the slightest. Really hope it goes down to the wire.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                    Watching the Norwich game and they are 1 up with 10 minutes to go. Win will send them automatically into the premiership. Wes Hoolahan has been fantastic tonight and has been all season from what I have read from their fans. Great for him that it looks like he going to get a shot in the premiership.

Opr
                                    What does that mean for Dani next season you think, A season in the prem with Norwich? Would seem ideal.

Comment

Delia's Smith illicitly gained billions in the international food markets have bought them a double promotion - I won't be celebrating.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post

Eh, that picture doesn't make me change my opinion!

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                          What has this got to do with my lamps?
                                          Your lamps will be fine once he gets back from the world cup, your rooney however will remain broken for a good few months yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                            Delia's Smith illicitly gained billions in the international food markets have bought them a double promotion - I won't be celebrating.
                                            Wes Hoolahan, the left footed Iniesta, is reason enough to celebrate. Football won today, imo.
                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Not a patch on what they have in Brazil though

NSFW
                                              SPOILER

Comment

Come on Trump. Compose yourself and win this frame and it could be your title!

Comment

Crazy talk Andy. Higgins is incredibly solid in every department. Trump is an unpolished talent and not bona fide match player yet imo. (cue the comeback)

Comment

Higgins out clutching his opponent here.

Comment

Judd safety game has let him down. But the fact he has more talent/ability the O'Sullivan while not being a complete headcase is a scary scary prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                        What does that mean for Dani next season you think, A season in the prem with Norwich? Would seem ideal.
                                                        That's what I would hope, it looks like a perfect fit for both parties.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                          Higgins wouldn't even be in the top 16 in terms of technical ability.
                                                          Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                          Judd safety game has let him down. But the fact he has more talent/ability the O'Sullivan while not being a complete headcase is a scary scary prospect.
                                                          Not sure who's more mental here.
                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                            Crazy talk Andy. Higgins is incredibly solid in every department. Trump is an unpolished talent and not bona fide match player yet imo. (cue the comeback)
                                                            Solid certainly, and probably the player with the least weaknesses in his game of all of them. You couldn't say he was a natural talent like Trump, though. He's had to work his bollox off to get where he is, and haters like Finkle always gonna hate.
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

That blue was flat out terribad.

Comment

Nobody has more natural ability than Ronnie.

Higgins may be a scumbag, but tecnically and fundamentally there are few better

Comment

SLOPPY

Comment

Surprised at that decision!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                      I don't even know what my winning condition is in case you think I'm after catching you

Judd gets to 17 frames and I win right?
                                                                      It's a funny situation when you're funking against yourself to win a bet! Higgins has been anything but solid in the last 2 frames. He's missing shots by the proverbial mile and would really love to see Trump take advantage. Real breath of fresh air in a sport that has very few characters

Comment

Higgins, what a man.

Comment

Wow, JH rules.
                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Comment

cheating scum prevails.

Comment

Class.

Comment

beat... just turned on snooker there now! in time to see Higgins fist pumping
                                                                                  Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

Wow that was pretty awesome from Higgins tbh.

Surely Judd is a future champ.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Don't see what all the hate for Judd is about ... OK the hair is embarrassing but other than that he seems sound.
                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Macspower View Post
                                                                                        beat... just turned on snooker there now! in time to see Higgins fist pumping
                                                                                        same as
                                                                                        actually just in time to see him double the pink

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                          It's a funny situation when you're funking against yourself to win a bet! Higgins has been anything but solid in the last 2 frames. He's missing shots by the proverbial mile and would really love to see Trump take advantage. Real breath of fresh air in a sport that has very few characters
                                                                                          Blood money

Comment

Boourns, I was looking forward to cashing out FD's money and rubbing it on my titties

Comment

Fair play to Hazel for getting him to cry!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                cheating scum prevails.
                                                                                                was he found guilty?
                                                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

I'm sure we will see him collapsing at more poker tables drunk in the future.

Comment

Don't think anybodys hating on him. Just making the point that there's more to it than bashing in long balls.

Comment

Jaysus if I was Higgins it wouldn't only be Snooker I'd be cheating on. The wife is a whale these days
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

I can't get used to Betfred sponsoring this. It will always be the Embassy World Snooker Championships

Comment

Graceful stuff from Higgins, genuinely emotional q + a at the end there. Delighted for him.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                            Fair play to Hazel for getting him to cry!
                                                                                                            The little bitch eh pulling the father tear jerker right at the end when John thought he done enough to get out of the interview in tact!.

Judd Trump has made a 360 in my mind over the last two matched even if he did me again in the semi.
                                                                                                            Two great players.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                              Jaysus if I was Higgins it wouldn't only be Snooker I'd be cheating on. The wife is a whale these days
                                                                                                              By the look of the kids, i reckon Cardshark has been banging her aswel

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                was he found guilty?

No. Maybe he should go for a drink with Michelle Smith and have a chat about how they've been unfairly victimised.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                  was he found guilty?
                                                                                                                  Yes

found him guilty of 'giving the impression' he would breach betting rules, and of failing to report the approach made by the News of the World. Higgins received a six-month ban, backdated to the start of his suspension period, and was fined £75,000.[62]
                                                                                                                  Had he done nothing wrong he wouldn't have been fined 75k and suspended.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    By the look of the kids, i reckon Cardshark has been banging her aswel
                                                                                                                    PM me details for shippage please Tony.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                      PM me details for shippage please Tony.
                                                                                                                      Wherever suits you Keane, Boyles/Stars/FT or others, just let me know. UL gg, i really wanted you to win that one

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                        Don't see what all the hate for Judd is about ... OK the hair is embarrassing but other than that he seems sound.
                                                                                                                        Agreed. He's great to watch and he handled the interview/situation at the end like a seasoned pro.
                                                                                                                        Barry Hearn was grinning at him at the end, he knows they need young lads like him.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                                          Not sure really, I guess it would be a 'jack of all trades' type of camera. Basically we had a good SLR camera before digital cameras came around and we got great use out of it. Since then we've had any number of digital point and shoot cameras and they've all been mistreated/unused/broken or whatever. I've no doubt that if we had a proper camera in the house it would be used a lot.

I couldn't say what exactly it would be used for but ideally it would be able to do whatever we need it to, mostly landscape stuff id say. None of us would be expert at photography by any means so anything above a good entry-level camera would be overkill. Saying that, with wholesale prices we could probably get something mid range for entry level prices etc.

I was looking at a Nikon D3100 reviews and they seem to be very positive. Would something like that be suitable, or what would you think? Wrt to lenses, would the 'stock' one that comes with the camera be suitable, at least at the start?
                                                                                                                          Ok, well first place to start is between Canon and Nikon. It's a bit Like (for want of a better example) picking between PS3 an X-box - You will always have people telling you that one is better than the other and why that is. It's also like an internet argument, no side will ever back down or win! Personally, I'm a Canon man.

Once you get over that little hurdle, I'd advise you to go into a couple of camera shops in Dublin and have a chat with them (you don't have to tell them that you're never going to buy from them ) Pick up some of the cameras and get a feel of them, how heavy are they, are they awkward to hold,can you access the controls easily while taking a picture. This may sound really obvious but you'd be amazed at how many people don't do this and then regret it afterwards - After doing this, you'll hopefully have a better idea of which camera you're swaying towards.

On the shops, there is Gunns on Wexford St, Bermingham Cameras on the quays and Conns Camera on Claredon St - I bought all my gear in Gunns and I can't recommend the place enough, lovely, honest, decent people.

If you are going for an entry level camera, the Canon 1000D/1100D or the Nikon 3000D/3100D would be a good buy. Prices will vary and not sure what kind of discount your Dad can get for wholesale but retail you are probably looking around the €450-€600 mark for the any of the above which would include the standard kit lens (which will be an 18-55mm)

On lenses, I can't give you much advice on Nikon lenses (don't have any and never have) except that for every Canon lenses, there should be something identical or very similar from Nikon.

The standard kit lens, is well, standard. It'll take ok pics but they probably won't be mind blowing but if you are not sure whether this is something that you are going to take seriously yet, it might be an idea to just go with the standard lens first to see how things go as lenses will be the most expensive part of having photography as a hobby!

If you wanted to go a bit further than the kit lens, you could go with an 18-135mm or a 'nifty fifty'. The 18-135 is about €350-€400 and there is two options for the nifty fifty (three really but presume you don't want to spend €1.5k+ for a 1.2!!!) You can get a 50mm 1.8 or 50mm 1.4 - You can pick up a 1.8 for about 100 quid and they are great as a portrait lens. The 1.4 is more expensive, €400+ so again I'd go with a 1.8 and then if you you really get into it, upgrade.

I think if you splash out for one of the above cameras (body only) plus 18-135mm and/or the 50mm or one of above camera plus kits lens plus 50mm it'll be a decent spend (Don't buy the kit lenses and the 18-135mm, it's one or the other) and it should give you an idea of whether you want to take the hobby further. If you do, get saving as it ain't cheap!

Below is my current set up (along with a few pics that I've taken to give you an idea of the capability of the lens) which set me back approx €2500 and already I want to upgrade the 70-200mm lens, get a really good macro lens, another portrait (probably 85mm) and a fish eye lens!

Camera - http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canoneos50d/

Lenses -

Is the Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Lens right for you? Learn all you need to know in The-Digital-Picture.com's review!

Is the Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens right for you? Learn all you need to know in The-Digital-Picture.com's review!

Is the Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM Lens right for you? Learn all you need to know in The-Digital-Picture.com's review!

Using 50mm 1.4 lens

Using 70-200mm lens

I can't actually find any shots from the 18-135 at the minute, but TylerD currently has my 18-135mm lens and think he used it to take some shots of the final table at the IO this year so maybe check with him to see some pics.

That's all I can think of right now but if you want to know anything else, just ask here or drop me a PM - I've to log off in a bit but will be back on at some stage tomorrow evening.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X