This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
    If you could head across to Ranelagh then Manifesto is without doubt the best pizza place in the country. They're just back from having shut down the restaurant for a few weeks so all the chefs could head over to the world pizza championships in Italy, and are back now after winning. Tried the pizza they won the final with in 2006 last month and it was utterly amazing. It's only about €15 per pizza as well.

hmm: according to their website I exaggerated slightly - they only shut down for five days rather than a few weeks!
    manifesto is in Rathmines the junction at the bottom of leinster road. Great spot first restaurant i brought the missus to way back, deffo worth the short trip from Ranelagh.

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
    Yeah Butcher's Grill is very good but pricey. Tribeca is nice but if you stray too far from the wings or the burgers it can be a bit hit and miss with the pastas. If you're going with a female I'd recommend Eatery120 or The Wild Goose Grill. These are imo the nicest for that kinda thing and while they're not cheap they won't break the bank either.
    wings in tribeca are the poor mans elephant and castle , don't know the other 2.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
      Havent watched that yet have it on a watch later and the same for The Situation's one.
      ...Oh god, Sitches one is horrific. Just horrific. He absolutely dies on stage and has to be rescued by another comedian but it's all too late. Only watch it if you can handle cringe.

Samuel L Jackson is up there for me as well.
      Any man who says the following at an award ceremony is definitely up there...

"No movie shall triumph over Snakes on a Plane. Unless I happen to feel like making a movie called More Motherfucking Snakes on More Motherfucking Planes."
      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
        ...Oh god, Sitches one is horrific. Just horrific. He absolutely dies on stage and has to be rescued by another comedian but it's all too late. Only watch it if you can handle cringe.

Any man who says the following at an award ceremony is definitely up there...

"No movie shall triumph over Snakes on a Plane. Unless I happen to feel like making a movie called More Motherfucking Snakes on More Motherfucking Planes."
        I shall watch it soon have to laugh at The Sitch he aint no Pauly D!

I never knew Samuel L said that fucking brilliant
        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Snoop Dogg is my favourite of all the doggs.

Comment

Two legends. Dre is still king though.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qkP8SvHvaU[/ame]

Ladedadedaaa

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZXc39hT8t4&feature=related[/ame]

Dre's the king, Eminem's the prince, was never a big xzibit fan but I love this.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6oe0lcz4PI[/ame]
            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Some Funny snoop video's the man just delivers

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVfwqhRQKrU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ocre0kXgvg&feature=related[/ame]
              ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
              I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

Lol.

Go to the toilet and miss 2 hands. AA and AK. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                  Despite the fact that his music has been complete and utter dross for the best part of a decade now,
                  I know the second is a remix, but its still released and in the charts on its own right

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFfb_CwBma0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW_MkfaLuPM[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                    I posted this up a few weeks ago but def worth a revisit. Snoop is awsome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvCyNQHXdJo
                    Thats quite a collection of cunts for one room

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                      Lol.

Go to the toilet and miss 2 hands. AA and AK. Lol.
                      Amatuer piss bottle needed and shyte bucket slop out when finished session easy game

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        I know the second is a remix, but its still released and in the charts on its own right
                        I thanked your post for 'beautiful', that sweat remix is absolutely horrid, the origional wasn't much better though.
                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                          Amatuer piss bottle needed and shyte bucket slop out when finished session easy game
                          I shoulda pissed out the window.

Alls good though, got them again 11 hands later for a nice triple up

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                            wings in tribeca are the poor mans elephant and castle , don't know the other 2.
                            lol same recipe....

Comment

different wings?

Comment

Know the guy who owns tribecca, originally got the chef from elephant castle. He also owns Canal Bank, much nicer version of Tribecca btw.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                  Im safely ensconced indoors watching the Padres v Cubs baseball. And watching the snooker on the live ticker scoreboard.

Now can anyone sus what this docket is about?. Found it crushed up against my door at work and had a curious gander but cant make head nor tail of it. My best guess is its a lotto bet,maybe a dogs reverse forecast based on the time placed but i have no clue really. Maybe Careca with his union jacks and patents will know this right off.
                                  Out of curiosity any degens able to identify or decode what this bet could be on?

This looks like a double on the two numbers in the lunchtime 49ers imo, watever time they are on at these days i aint sure, could be 1.11 or else 11.11

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                    This looks like a double on the two numbers in the lunchtime 49ers imo, watever time they are on at these days i aint sure, could be 1.11 or else 11.11
                                    If so it's the biggest fail bet ever made on the 49's. There's a reason they call it the 49's.
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

pete i think your onto something that looks right. it was always some dbl lotto sit. if they are on at 11.11 sometimes tahts the mystery solved id say

haha edit were so wrong...the 49s ffs thats some funny shit. who the fuck scanned through that docket it dont mean shit!!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                        If so it's the biggest fail bet ever made on the 49's. There's a reason they call it the 49's.
                                        Ha yea good point , well maybe it was on 4 numbers 6 5 7 1.

Comment

Or does Rapido still go on? It could be a double on one of those things, i think they used to go up to 80 or something

Comment

looks like eatery120 ftw, checked out the website,looks good, thank ya'll

Comment

Or does Rapido still go on? It could be a double on one of those things, i think they used to go up to 80 or something
                                              how do you know this shit pure degen

Comment

ANZAC day the war memorial day falls on easter sunday this year. It's normally a public holiday her and the aussies don't like to lose one so it rolls over. so because sunday is a public holiday for two reasons, it means two days off,

good friday + saturday + sunday + easter+ anzac = 5 DAY WEEKEND

v. happy, get paid for it too

Comment

Guess who this is

SPOILER
                                                  Val Kilmer

Comment

Got it without the spoiler.
                                                    Former Batman is now Fatman

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                      how do you know this shit pure degen
                                                      Ha, i used to work in a bookies back in my uni days, good times!!

Comment

4 hours without a post, shocking!

Comment

The 49s are on at 12.49 and 5.49 so no luck there either.

It's almost defo rapido

Comment

can't find the IO thread, will miss it this year, but weather please HOLD

For all you playing a wee tune from Dr Evils fav band. good luck, Ireland is due a victory.

I'm going to back a few of ye today. Sean Prenderville ftw imo.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dFFO2z6gXg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dFFO2z6gXg[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                              can't find the IO thread, will miss it this year, but weather please HOLD

For all you playing a wee tune from Dr Evils fav band. good luck, Ireland is due a victory.

I'm going to back a few of ye today. Sean Prenderville ftw imo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dFFO2z6gXg
                                                              U back?

Have you heard?

Comment

Nice round milestone numbers!

Posts: 300,007, Members: 2,003

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                  There's a couple of teams on the up so to speak, if the gunners don't realise that things need changing then your club could be in big trouble, for the next few seasons.
                                                                  Flushdraw/newbie/HJ, what would you like to see happen during the summer?
                                                                  I don't think anything needs to change.

Football journalism is terrible - in the weeks leading up to the Carling Cup Final Arsenal were being hailed as being unbeatable and talk of winning the Quadruple was being taken seriously. They lose the final and then get beaten by the best team in Europe narrowly and they become almost a laughing stock. As I've said before on many topics, humans need and love narratives. Now anyone who watch's the premiership think they somehow know better than Wenger on how Arsenal should be improved, simply by buying a few player. I'll come back to that in a second.

The way people go on you would forget that Arsenal are 2nd in the league, got beaten by Barcelona in the CL, Man Utd away in the FA Cup, and got to the Final of the Carling Cup and lost to Birmingham. The only bad result out of that list is to Birmingham. Arsenals real mistake was too peak too early, thereby ensuring that the narrative becomes of them somehow bottling it, rather than outperforming their preseason expectations.

It's very difficult to buy players in Arsenals position. When you get to that level, players tend to be overpriced, and they become a very expensive gamble, due in not small part to the enormous pressure. If you sign for a top 4 team you are expected to fit in right away, and play at a world class level. Off the top of my head I can think of numerous signings that have gone tits up recently, for audacious amounts of money. I'm not saying that its not possible, but any time I hear someone drone on about what and who exactly Arsenal need to buy, all I can think of is the list of expensive rejects that other clubs have wasted their money on.

I think that the only top team managed significantly better than Arsenal this season has been Man U. Fergie made some good cheap signings, and has made the best of a relatively limited side. Chelsea squandered 50 million on a player who hasn't performed in 2 years, and who doesn't fit into their team anyway, Man City, like Chelsea of a few years ago, have spent so much money that they really should be doing a lot better.

All teams suffer injuries, and its very hard to be objective (I'd love to see a study of it), but it seems like Arsenal have been unlucky with injuries. Their defence would be a totally different proposition if Vermaelen had been fit all season. They lost Fabregas and Walcott at a crucial time, which would also have made a difference.

One small thing that I would change is Wengers attitude after losing games. I think its disgraceful how referee's are treated in Football, and I also don't think its very productive to constantly complain about external factors; just man up and let you and your team accept the blame for losing occasionally. Liverpool this weekend was a case in point.

Just rereading what I wrote, and in case its not clear, I happily accept that the team has some failings. But I don't think there is any need for wholesale change. The team have never really recovered after losing to Birmingham and Barcelona. (They were probably guilty of believing their own hype before hand). What they really need is a rest.

Comment

Rate My Area Deal

Decent enough deal for anyone playing in the Vodoo.

The heat is something else in the office already this morning, dreading what it's going to be like by lunch time.
                                                                    "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                      The heat is something else in the office already this morning, dreading what it's going to be like by lunch time.
                                                                      I hear ya brother, I have moved my centre of operations to the office balcony for the remainder of the morning

only downside to the glorious weather is that it means this golf outing yoke is going ahead . How does one propel the ball 300 yards down the fairway Tiger Woods style with no training?
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                        ANZAC day the war memorial day falls on easter sunday this year. It's normally a public holiday her and the aussies don't like to lose one so it rolls over. so because sunday is a public holiday for two reasons, it means two days off,

good friday + saturday + sunday + easter+ anzac = 5 DAY WEEKEND

v. happy, get paid for it too
                                                                        to honour ANZAC Day, let's have an ANZAC song

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqN1glz4JY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqN1glz4JY[/ame]

Comment

I don't want to play a home poker game.
                                                                          No, it wouldn't make a nice change from playing 'cartoon' poker.
                                                                          You know what, I would actually have better things to do on Good Friday.

Comment

Don't think Arsenal have been unlucky with injuries this season really and certainly can't be used as an excuse. Vermaelan isn't that good a defender anyway and imo wouldn't have made a hugely significant difference if he was fit. People tend to over-rate defenders if they have a lucky year scoring goals for some reason. Julian Lescott another fine example.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Rebecca Black should have released a special 'Good Friday' version.

Yesterday was Holy Thursday, Thursday
                                                                              Today i-is Good Friday, Friday (Partyin’)
                                                                              We-we-we so excited
                                                                              We so excited
                                                                              We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Easter Saturday
                                                                              And Easter Sunday comes after...wards
                                                                              I don’t want this chocolate weekend to end
                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

On Arsenal, people advocating a major clear-out are insane, the current squad is one or two players away from being as good as any out there at the moment. The lack of on pitch leadership is worrying, but I would expect players like Cesc (if we keep him), Ramsey, Vermalen and Wilshire to offer more in this department next season, Defensively, Dojouro and Vermalen will be a truly formidable central partnership next season, and Szceny as first choice with Fabianski as back-up in goals will be good too. Need a back-up for Sagna, and may be time to cash in on Clichy and promote Hoyte.

Midfield is super strong, a five-man midfield of Walcott, Wilshire, Cesc, Song and Nasri is top-quality, and we have excellent strenght in depth - Ramsey and Arshavin would be first choice at most other clubs, and players like Denilison, Diaby and even Eboue are valauble assets in reserve.

Up front is where we have our biggest problem in my opinion. Van Persie is quality, and I love him, but we just can't rely on him to stay fit. I'd love to see us get someone like Benzema in.

Players out: Almunia, Eboue, Diaby and Bendtner
                                                                                Players in: Right back, right sided midfielder, central midfielder and Benzema

Personally I don't think the league is over just yet, United are huge favourites obviously but it's nowhere near a foregone conclusion.
                                                                                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  I don't want to play a home poker game.
                                                                                  No, it wouldn't make a nice change from playing 'cartoon' poker.
                                                                                  You know what, I would actually have better things to do on Good Friday.
                                                                                  Nothing more frustrating than playing a home game with non-poker playing friends.

Comment

one area that Arsenal definitely win at as a football club is in the financial sphere

really excellently-run club in that regard

I wonder when all these new UEFA financial restrictions come in soon, will that hugely benefit well-run clubs like Arsenal? You would hope so. The opposite would surely be true for money pits like Man City and Chelski.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                      I hear ya brother, I have moved my centre of operations to the office balcony for the remainder of the morning

only downside to the glorious weather is that it means this golf outing yoke is going ahead . How does one propel the ball 300 yards down the fairway Tiger Woods style with no training?
                                                                                      Catapult? Stop moaning and just enjoy being outside imo!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                        Nothing more frustrating than playing a home game with non-poker playing friends.
                                                                                        bastards never respect your raises either

Comment

Just on what Flushdraw said yesterday, how come Arsenal are so wealthy?
                                                                                          Aside from Wenger buying cunts for 500k and shipping them out for £25m, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
                                                                                            Catapult? Stop moaning and just enjoy being outside imo!
                                                                                            I'd enjoy it more if I didn't have to listen to oddly-dressed knob jockeys talking about their 'swing'

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                              some of the lads tried that once
                                                                                              so I bet the pot at every round of betting until they got bored (didn't take long)

Not much difference from how I play on-line, now that I think of it

Comment

I for one, advocate a major clear-out at Arsenal

Comment

despite my protests the lads wanted to play poker before heading out a few weeks ago. I think it lasted less than 1 round of the table before we said Fcuk it we'l play kings instead

I rule at kings btw I'll gladly play anyone HU4Rolls

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                                    looking at their most recent available results:
                                                                                                    • they have over £100m in available cash
                                                                                                    • their debt is really well priced (I'm actually amazed by what's disclosed - looks like a much lower cost of borrowing than Man U for example) and long-term in nature
                                                                                                    • £12.6m operating profit (i.e. before one-off items) for the half-year
                                                                                                    • they've now sold off almost all the apartments at 'Highbury Square', looks like their property development business was a great earner for them. Another 375 apartments to be built.

edit; I'd be quite happy to have equity in Arsenal FC.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                      If you could head across to Ranelagh then Manifesto is without doubt the best pizza place in the country. They're just back from having shut down the restaurant for a few weeks so all the chefs could head over to the world pizza championships in Italy, and are back now after winning. Tried the pizza they won the final with in 2006 last month and it was utterly amazing. It's only about €15 per pizza as well.

hmm: according to their website I exaggerated slightly - they only shut down for five days rather than a few weeks!
                                                                                                      Prego's in Lucan has won that tournament a few times as well
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Could anyone recommend me a good book on Nike, i.e. the company? I'm interested in something that offers a history of how it grew from Phil Knight selling runners he made at home out of the boot of his car into a behemoth corporation, while discussing the social implications of its rise in popularity.

Bit of an obscure one I know, but nothing the BBV can't handle.
                                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                          Could anyone recommend me a good book on Nike, i.e. the company? I'm interested in something that offers a history of how it grew from Phil Knight selling runners he made at home out of the boot of his car into a behemoth corporation, while discussing the social implications of its rise in popularity.

have you read [ame="http://www.amazon.com/No-Logo-Anniversary-Introduction-Author/dp/0312429274/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303377938&sr=1-3"]No Logo[/ame] LL? Not specifically on Nike but I think you'd like it.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Swoosh-Unauthorized-Story-Played-There/dp/0887306225[/ame]

reviews seem good for this one.. havent read it myself

This is the incredible story of how Phil Knight, with literally no financial backing, founded a small shoe company, Blue Ribbon Sports, which within one year became a billion-dollar company, today known as Nike. Strasser, Nike's first advertising manager, and Becklund, a Los Angeles Times writer, describe the six men who, along with Knight, made Nike the most successful sporting apparel company in U.S. history. The authors take us through the hurdles that the company encountered along the way to success, including unappealing advertisements, problems with Japanese suppliers, lawsuits, credit difficulties, quota and tariff problems, and the tough competitor, Adidas. They also outline in detail Nike's interesting and creative promotional methods from freebees for athletic teams to expensive celebrity endorsements. The book is unique in that it not only gives historical information but also delves into the thoughts of those who built Nike from an idea. Recommended for public and academic libraries.

Comment

Sergio Ramos drops cup. Crushing.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=329C1ZZff10[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                Sergio Ramos drops cup. Crushing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=329C1ZZff10
                                                                                                                beat ya too it oh yeah....

Comment

one area that Arsenal definitely win at as a football club is in the financial sphere

really excellently-run club in that regard

I wonder when all these new UEFA financial restrictions come in soon, will that hugely benefit well-run clubs like Arsenal? You would hope so. The opposite would surely be true for money pits like Man City and Chelski.
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                                                  As RDIII says, it's a magnificently run club. Arsenal spent £390m on the new stadium. They made about £120m from selling the old Highbury as luxury apartments. Emirates paid upwards of £150m to have their name on the stadium for 15 years. All money was paid upfront giving us a nice fund to build the stadium the way Arsenal (and Arsene Wenger in particular) wanted. When the naming rights are up, someone is going to have to pay another £70m+ to have their name on the stadium.

It's a 60,000 seater with 50,000 seats on the ground and top tiers. The 2nd and 3rd tiers have 10,000 seats and Arsenal make more money from those seats than they did from the whole of Highbury. The 2nd tier has 7k seats and you'll pay between £2k-£4.5k for a season ticket. The 3rd tier has 3k seats and these are sold to businesses and companies in groups of 10-14 seats and they can pay up to £150k for the privilege. There's also weddings, parties etc held on these floors and there's daily events on that bring money into the club. We're also the official European home of Brazil football club and they've played 6 times there i think.

The stadium is bringing a massive amount of money into the club and once the debt is cleared off, that will largely be profit. When you add the sales from players, club shirts, the shop, restaurants etc we're in a really good financial position and don't rely on a sugar daddy like Chelsea/Man City

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                                                    Fucking bus driver is driving at 2 miles per hour and still can't see the trophy fall in front of his window.

Comment

have you read No Logo LL? Not specifically on Nike but I think you'd like it.
                                                                                                                      Of course!!
                                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Agreed, Wenger out.
                                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X