This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Lads can we leave out discussion of the incident please. When posts are reported, we act on it and it's been dealt with by the mods. Can we move on pls and not drag things out.
    You have got so boring since becoming a MOD

Comment

Still 4th - 25 points off the lead Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        Who was the row with?
        Hard to tell, there must be a lack of schools in that area cause literacy ain't a strong point.

Edit: just saw flushdraws post. Edited

Comment

Lads can we leave out discussion of the incident please. When posts are reported, we act on it and it's been dealt with by the mods. Can we move on pls and not drag things out.
          how do you expect to stay ahead of SHD with posts like this

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            Lol that was seamless, must have taken some amount of practice to perfect, should be made an oympic sport imo.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
              Hard to tell, there must be a lack of schools in that area cause literacy ain't a strong point.

Edit: just saw flushdraws post. Edited

don't know about lack of schools but it is a kip that i know
              heading down for a game on good friday so should be fun mingling with the locals

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                my take is that debt 'forgiveness' is a stupid phrase and we shouldn't use it

but yeah, there will be large-scale writeoffs in residential and, more so, buy-to-let mortgage books. That to a large extent was what the recent PCAR was all about, giving the banks the ability to finally recognise these losses. Can't get blood out of a stone etc.

Then it just becomes a business decision when it comes to residential mortgages; is it worth fucking the family out of the house when you might get some payback in the future? Probably not, given the state of the market. So you restructure the loan and yes, write some of it off. It's not a free lunch.
                i got a mate in australia atm, and he has a property here.he is struggling to meet mortgage payments here (BOI) and pay rent/live over there. so he is ringing me looking for advice or the inside scoop on whats happening in the banks over here. iam very tempted to advise him to make very few and sporadic payments for the next 12-15mths set himself up as a "bad loan". then after recieving several letters from them, make an offer of 50% of the mortgage in cash if they wipe the whole thing clean. needless to say this could backfire on him with disastorous consequences.
                is it worth a shot?

also am i a fool to be bending over backwards to make payments when it looks increasingly like the people with arrears are more likely to get a write down in their mortgage. iam with BOS so iam not to sure if they are going to be doing deals like the irish banks,

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                  i am with BOS
                  they'll just foreclose on your ass

sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings

tell your mate in Australia to stop paying and forget that he ever had a property here. Also tell him to apply for a new passport and get it in the Irish version of his name, then re-open all his bank accounts in Oz in that name.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by liz:) View Post
                    i have never once had a conversation with you without arguing so im going to politely tell you to leave me alone because i always come out the c@*t where your involved
                    Everyone does, its his special talent.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

From what time can you buy booze in the supermarket today?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                        You have got so boring since becoming a MOD

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

I no sooner straightened onto St. Anne's st going home when a taxi bipped me from behind before rolling alongside and a Forrest Whittaker lookalike rolled down his window and asked "Do you want a lift?". Immediately i was making a shortlist of which SE reg might have given him the skinny.
                          Played it safe and walked to Eden Quay instead.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                            From what time can you buy booze in the supermarket today?
                            Ah, life on the dole

Edit - 11am i'd say to answer your question.

Where we going????
                            Last edited by Dice75; 15-04-11, 10:26.

Comment

this post has all the appearences of sympathy for my plight

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                I no sooner straightened onto St. Anne's st going home when a taxi bipped me from behind before rolling alongside and a Forrest Whittaker lookalike rolled down his window and asked "Do you want a lift?". Immediately i was making a shortlist of which SE reg might have given him the skinny.
                                you could have been "man raped"

Comment

my two cats are slowly learning that when my alarm goes off in the morning I get up and feed them. Incidents of them attacking my feet at 5a.m. (or the new tactic of sitting on the side of the bed and pushing my in the back) have decreased.

This morning, I pressed snooze for 10 minutes of rest, and the bigger of the two jumped up and lay across my feet, while the kitten started headbutting me until I got up and made moves to feed them.

My cats have now worked out a rota, and are wise to my sleeping habits.
                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Ah, life on the dole

Edit - 11am i'd say to answer your question.

Where we going????

I have to go to shops for food but also need to buy a crate of corona for a houseparty later, i dont fancy 2 trips so wanted to time it properly

Altho I may sit out on the balcony and start drinking straight away, feck all else to do except catch up with US tv from last night.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                      Well done! Very tasty result, always nice to scoop like that when making a return to the tables.

Did IPBers make up a good % of the field in the end?
                                      I wanted to make it but had to go to training I hate missing out on good games like that

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                        Great game last night. I hope to make it again next month. Ipb were probably half the field Paul. 36 runners I believe.
                                        Yeh good game last night fellas I enjoyed it. Good structure with loads of play at the final table! One major miss step on the FT cost me the win but C'est la vie.

Good to catch up with some old faces, and great way to feel young hanging around with you auld lads.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                          this post has all the appearences of sympathy for my plight
                                          you're right, I couldn't really give a fuck

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            I'm a big fan of Leonard Cohen, his songs are poems put to music. One song in particular has always intrigued me. 'The Guests'. The beauty I find in listening to Cohen's music is in trying to interpret his songs, trying to figure out what was in his head. I've read many different interpretations of 'The Guests' online but here's my read on what it means. Here's the song first of all...

The guests - Leonard CohenFoto di Henri Cartier BressonBresson nacque a Chanteloup il 22 Agosto 1908 e morì a L'Isle sur la Sorgue il 3 Agosto 2004.Tranne b...

And the lyrics...

I think it's a tragic love story, set in a holocaust death camp on the naked march to the gas chamber. They were separated from loved ones and ordered to strip and march to the 'shower room'.

The 'flowing wine' is a metaphor for the lifted mood the break in monotony brings. The main protagonist however is one of the broken hearted few, separated from his wife, he fears what's about to happen.

Spoken by the Nazi guard... to the open hearted many it's a warm voice, to the broken hearted few it's menacing.

The nervous positivity of the many and the anguish of the few.

Confusion, optimism, fear, bewilderment, spreading panic, they enter with every style of passion, while the protagonist knows he's entering hell... 'oh love I need you, I need you, I need you now'

Death is their sweet repast, one by one they fall.
                                            Bad trip

Seriously though, I don't think Lens songs stand up to that kind of analysis. Mostly IMO in the more mysterious songs like this one he is writing about the trancendence of love and how he sees it reflected on some spiritual plane he feels tuned in to and in this case a cycle of life death and rebirth. I'm not a believer but for Len its always about the crack, the crack in everything...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e39UmEnqY8[/ame]

Comment

nice to see that the auld paranoia levels haven't diminished (how did you consider that walking through the streets of Dublin with over a grand in cash at 4 in the morning was a safer play? )

Comment

tell your mate in Australia to stop paying and forget that he ever had a property here. Also tell him to apply for a new passport and get it in the Irish version of his name, then re-open all his bank accounts in Oz in that name.
                                                I think the more the 'debt forgiveness' or whatever it is called is discussed, the greater the likelihood that those who are currently able to meet their mortgage repayments but who are struggling otherwise will make the decision to stop paying the mortgage and let themselves go into arrears. If there is to be debt restructuring, a decision on it should be taken sooner rather than later and the consequences of availing of it should be clear immediately - if it is seem to be 'a free lunch' all and sundry will try to take advantage.

I also would be of the opinion that no matter how it is spun, it will be a free lunch for many at the end of the day - for example, even if the government controlled banks took an equity stake in someone's home as a result of debt restructuring, in a few years the calls will come loud and clear for the equity to be returned to the householder, and whichever government promises to do this will likely be swept into office.

I can only stomach debt restructuring (where some of the debt gets pushed onto the taxpayers somehow, via our ownership of the banks) if it is somehow punitive in nature. Maybe I'm a bastard but otherwise it is just more of the same, rewarding the unlucky / foolish and disincentivising the financially literate (who simulatanously are more than likely the worker bees any possible economic recovery will rely on!) - you just know any kind of debt restructuring will also be engineered to keep property prices higher rather than lower!

Comment

someone pm with what happened to blaaaah. I missed it.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5__Ogi4Tek[/ame]
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I think the more the 'debt forgiveness' or whatever it is called is discussed, the greater the likelihood that those who are currently able to meet their mortgage repayments but who are struggling otherwise will make the decision to stop paying the mortgage and let themselves go into arrears. If there is to be debt restructuring, a decision on it should be taken sooner rather than later and the consequences of availing of it should be clear immediately - if it is seem to be 'a free lunch' all and sundry will try to take advantage.

I also would be of the opinion that no matter how it is spun, it will be a free lunch for many at the end of the day - for example, even if the government controlled banks took an equity stake in someone's home as a result of debt restructuring, in a few years the calls will come loud and clear for the equity to be returned to the householder, and whichever government promises to do this will likely be swept into office.

I can only stomach debt restructuring (where some of the debt gets pushed onto the taxpayers somehow, via our ownership of the banks) if it is somehow punitive in nature. Maybe I'm a bastard but otherwise it is just more of the same, rewarding the unlucky / foolish and disincentivising the financially literate (who simulatanously are more than likely the worker bees any possible economic recovery will rely on!) - you just know any kind of debt restructuring will also be engineered to keep property prices higher rather than lower!
                                                      good post

it's pretty natural for a callous bastard sensible, prudent type like yourself to feel resentful of an action like this which could be perceived as 'rewarding' debt monkeys for their stupidity. Unfortunately, some kind of writeoff is inevitable and, when you take a macro view, desirable. People have to see some light at the end of the tunnel.

anyway none of this really matters because the Big D is coming.

fancy a prop bet; which of the following is likely to be floated as an asset that could be seized (OK, 'invested' in State debt) first:
                                                      • private bank deposits
                                                      • private pension funds

my money's on pensions. Think Mad Max.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                        +1 please

I heard that he beat up Isildurr on stars - is that it?

Comment

nice to see that the auld paranoia levels haven't diminished (how did you consider that walking through the streets of Dublin with over a grand in cash at 4 in the morning was a safer play? )
                                                          I have to see the driver before i get in to get a feel for what level of self-righteous Dublin bloke he is because you have to take lenghts to avoid these.

And you cant do this randomly flagging down a taxi in the dark. You want one that wont boss the drive home or have to many ideas on whats what. A dual purpose one that wont let the silence drive him crazy but can chat leisurely if engaged.
                                                          The ideal cut of a driver is a mike maggee type

I got this exact ideal driver on the Eden quay rank, Not too unlike mike magee above either. "Are you finished work or are you out from socialising?" he asked. I knew i was golden when he used the word socialising and not the phrase "out on the piss". Also it was the only lead off in the conversation he made. Couldnt have gone better.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                            <------------------------------

cheers for that
                                                            Goodbye Stoney hello Loopz (still think the original name was one of the best I had seen around in awhile)

he's back, as though never away:

SWAR\danutpeddlar, if you go to that thing today a TR would be interesting
                                                            Thanks! Yeah Ship the SE reunion game for €1300!.
                                                            5pin5 2nd and eoghan104 3rd

(Enjoyed the pre game biers and Raoul i felt bad i didnt think to offer a taxi home. Should have taken you away from your Christopher Walkin Deer Hunter type stint on the cash table)
                                                            Congrats Rounders nice little scoop was nearly tempted for a minute to go in last night until I remember I'm running terrible, would of been nice for a bit of banter seemed like a great turnout.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                              Congrats Rounders nice little scoop was nearly tempted for a minute to go in last night until I remember I'm running terrible, would of been nice for a bit of banter seemed like a great turnout.
                                                              it's now the 'official IPB Monthly Game'

pints are mandatory too

Comment

pints are mandatory too
                                                                Buy in & dates please(2nd Thursday?)
                                                                Love the SE

Comment

pints are mandatory too
                                                                  Its a decent game for sure, nobody made it to the pigs ear with Olly? Not much for the aul booze while playing poker anymore.

Comment

Buy in & dates please(2nd Thursday?)
                                                                    Love the SE
                                                                    100+10 DC, 2nd Thurs

4k + 4k +1k early bird, no antes , 25 mins all the way, bags of play

Comment

Listening to Pat Kenny this morning left me with some sympathy for the first time:
                                                                      Family with one Government Job and one unemployed pulling in a fraction of what was coming in before goes to bank and bank say tough shit. the lost Job and the reduction in income are both a direct result of that same banks being bailed out. Now the same bank foreclose and sell the property for half the mortgage and keep the other half of the debt on their books against the Family. Don't forget that the reason their mortgage is so much is that the Bank were criminally jacking up the price of land.
                                                                      Now I am all for your arguments in principal about moral hazard and I agree that talk of debt forgiveness is very dangerous; there is no reason I should pay my debts if other people don't have to. But its likely that we are soon going to hit a point where something radical will have to be done. That the majority of working households have no money after meeting expenses every month is not going to be sustainable for much longer.For many thousands of families this the reality is far worse than no monthly surplus with mouths to house, feed, educate etc. Unless we are going to put people out on the roads and create a class of, less the dispossessed than the repossessed, we are going to have to do something.

Comment

12 corona for 12 euro, sorted.

Only think about that Double Chance game is the lack of antes. The 1st sunday of the month 120 game is superb.

Comment

pints are mandatory too
                                                                          And a pint at the break and a sneaky rum and coke

Comment

Dreamhands!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                              Bad trip
                                                                              lol, no, it's one of my favourites, I find it uplifting strangely enough.

Seriously though, I don't think Lens songs stand up to that kind of analysis. Mostly IMO in the more mysterious songs like this one he is writing about the trancendence of love and how he sees it reflected on some spiritual plane he feels tuned in to and in this case a cycle of life death and rebirth. I'm not a believer but for Len its always about the crack, the crack in everything...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e39UmEnqY8
                                                                              I agree, his lyrics come from his complex deep view of the world. Like any genius artist his work can be interpreted in many ways. My read on 'The Guests' is most likely way off, but that's not really the point I feel. For me the beauty of art is how personal it is, how it's open to interpretation.

Anthem is such a beautiful song too, I love how it ebbs and flows between sunlight and darkness, like a tormented mind almost.

'The crack in everything' is a wonderful turn of phrase, it reminds me of that scene in American beauty where the guy finds beauty in a floating plastic bag. A true artist sees the crack in everything.

It's actually a fitting way to describe how Rounders views the world, he sees things the rest of us just don't consciously see.

God I love Leonard Cohen.
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Listening to Pat Kenny this morning left me with some sympathy for the first time:
                                                                                Family with one Government Job and one unemployed pulling in a fraction of what was coming in before goes to bank and bank say tough shit. the lost Job and the reduction in income are both a direct result of that same banks being bailed out. Now the same bank foreclose and sell the property for half the mortgage and keep the other half of the debt on their books against the Family. Don't forget that the reason their mortgage is so much is that the Bank were criminally jacking up the price of land.
                                                                                Now I am all for your arguments in principal about moral hazard and I agree that talk of debt forgiveness is very dangerous; there is no reason I should pay my debts if other people don't have to. But its likely that we are soon going to hit a point where something radical will have to be done. That the majority of working households have no money after meeting expenses every month is not going to be sustainable for much longer.For many thousands of families this the reality is far worse than no monthly surplus with mouths to house, feed, educate etc. Unless we are going to put people out on the roads and create a class of, less the dispossessed than the repossessed, we are going to have to do something.
                                                                                I have a lot of some sympathy for people who have lost their jobs or had other issues that have genuinely left them destitute (or on the verge of) and are getting no rope from the banks at all.

What I don't like about the whole debt forgiveness malarky is that the vast bulk of people who will end up taking advantage of it are those that willfully put themselves into a bad position in the first place. It will be those that bought multiple houses or those that decided they had to have the 4/5 bedroom house/exclusive address/status symbol (delete as appropriate) that will hold onto their gains at the expense of me and others like me.

People made arguably the biggest decisions of their lives with no regard or consideration to the potential impacts of a crash/unemployment/pay cuts/children expenses etc etc.

I could have taken the same path but chose instead to cut my cloth according to what I believed was achievable and manageable for me. The net result is that the sacrifices I made in order to ensure I was able to meet my commitments have all been for naught and I'm left feeling resentment and regret that I didn't listen to the bank manager and take that extra €250k that they wanted to give me. After all I could engineer a situation where i wouldn't have to pay it back now, but without any real consequences.

It's criminal and disgusting that I'm now sitting here contemplating whether I should change my mortgage to minimum payments and maybe start missing a few here and there in order to not be the only fool in the village who is left making full restitution for the debts I willingly took on and signed up for. To date my social conscience and personal pride has kept me fulfilling my commitments, but I can't help but feel that there are a lot of people counting on others like me doing the same while they sit themselves down at the gravy train table.
                                                                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Anyone remember the hooker story from a few weeks back.

I've just collected said lady of the night from her home address and dropped her to a local hotel.

I wonder is she just out for lunch or what

Comment

I've just collected said lady of the night from her home address and dropped her to a local hotel.

Ffs you know the drill!!

Comment

live video of the allsop auctions mentions earlier this month
                                                                                      Allsop is the UK’s No.1 Property Auctioneer. Find out more if you're looking to buy or sell commercial or residential property.
                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                        my two cats are slowly learning that when my alarm goes off in the morning I get up and feed them. Incidents of them attacking my feet at 5a.m. (or the new tactic of sitting on the side of the bed and pushing my in the back) have decreased.

This morning, I pressed snooze for 10 minutes of rest, and the bigger of the two jumped up and lay across my feet, while the kitten started headbutting me until I got up and made moves to feed them.

My cats have now worked out a rota, and are wise to my sleeping habits.
                                                                                        get a dog it wouldn't care when you feed it

I have to go to shops for food but also need to buy a crate of corona for a houseparty later, i dont fancy 2 trips so wanted to time it properly

Altho I may sit out on the balcony and start drinking straight away, feck all else to do except catch up with US tv from last night.
                                                                                        pre MSN party ?

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                        +1 i only want to know because its a secret
                                                                                        48

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                          Ffs you know the drill!!
                                                                                          This is her

NSFW BTW

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                            pre MSN party ?
                                                                                            Is that tonight? may have to change plans so

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                              Goodbye Stoney hello Loopz (still think the original name was one of the best I had seen around in awhile)
                                                                                              cheers i liked it myself but i don't smoke no more and my eldest is getting to good at reading and he asks alot of questions, I figured it would just be easier to change the name than fob him off with some bs every day
                                                                                              48

Comment

She pay the fare in cash or did she offer to finkel your winkel?

Comment

Is that tonight? may have to change plans so
                                                                                                  oh so you didn't get an invite?
                                                                                                  48

Comment

Currently, TSB won't give me a 1.2k loan to pay off my credit card as they say I can't make the repayments (N.B. I've never missed a payment and pay 25% of the balance off every month when I haven't cleared the debt). The last year hasn't been too great so haven't been able to clear the card as I normally have but september to January was a nightmare and I'm up near the card limit.

If I have the loan, my repayments will be cut by 1/3. I'm currently playing 400 a month roughly to tread water on my visa card, yet if I didn't have to pay 400 a month on the card I could easily afford the 120 a month repayment.

The bank's plan is for me to save an additional 120 quid a month for 3 months (i.e. increase my bank outgoings to 520) to prove I can pay back 120.

the second I clear this, one way or the other, I'm switching banks and TSB can die in a fire.

Comment

Jesus Finkel

I suppose you did NSFW it

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                        the second I clear this, one way or the other, I'm switching banks and TSB can die in a fire.
                                                                                                        it already has!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          live video of the allsop auctions mentions earlier this month
                                                                                                          http://auction.co.uk/irish/
                                                                                                          auction suspended due to overcrowding

asking spectators to leave

Comment

don't worry Iago, such minor concerns will soon be replaced by eh, worse stuff

very Irish isn't it, this phobia that our neighbours might somehow be getting one over on us? The bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                                                                                              auction suspended due to overcrowding

asking spectators to leave
                                                                                                              Anyone fancy a flutter on a few prices reached for the craic?

Allsop is the UK’s No.1 Property Auctioneer. Find out more if you're looking to buy or sell commercial or residential property.

Comment

Has the auction started yet? I see they are asking the media to leave
                                                                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                  Has the auction started yet? I see they are asking the media to leave
                                                                                                                  No. 10 is next

Comment

Fringe - fuck me just got a huge shock there in Season 2 Ep 11

SPOILER
                                                                                                                    Charlie Francis back from the dead in the middle of the episode lol!! quick google search shows it was an unshown ep at the end of the 1st series. What a retarded mistake
                                                                                                                    Season 2 Ep 11?
                                                                                                                    the one with the girl linked to the navy bloke with the launch codes?
                                                                                                                    I didnt think he was in that
                                                                                                                    or do you mean season 3
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

lol currently at 350k for this crap!

Finished @ 410k
                                                                                                                      Last edited by RasTa; 15-04-11, 12:10.
                                                                                                                      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                        Season 2 Ep 11?
                                                                                                                        the one with the girl linked to the navy bloke with the launch codes?
                                                                                                                        I didnt think he was in that
                                                                                                                        or do you mean season 3
                                                                                                                        SPOILER

The one with all the mutations and the transmitter in the basement that hides them from "normals".

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                          lol currently at 350k for this crap!

Finished @ 410k
                                                                                                                          Only a 5 min walk to the Welfare Office in Nutgrove

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X