This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
    Still waiting to hear if I got voluntary redundancy. I was the only one who applied for it and they say that they want rid of two punters Serious sweat for over a years basic salary tax free. My immediate boss doesn't want to give it to me but I have to hope the higher ups continue to overrule him.

Plus I have a major meeting in London for a new job (based in Ireland). I'm at 60% confidence that I'll get it.

The sweat of waiting to hear is actually driving me a little mad right now.

I'll probably delete this in a while I just need to get it out of my system.
    good luck with the interview, nice to get that set up and have redun package and not take a break from earning.

start farting around your boss, spitting into your bin and generally just be a bit disgusting and maybe he will part with you. Go on the higher ups tho.

Hope you passed your exam but sounds good. Generally think I was able to predict where I would finish after an exam so I am sure that you will be reasonable close to where you think. I also left plenty of exams early in my time and after first year it was cause I knew my stuff and not the other way round. When the questions fall right you can blitz through them.

Overall good wishes from me. Hmmm I really am in a strange mood today all positive and no sarcasim in a post bizare stuff.

Comment

BBV chefs, when we entering?

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
        Embrace the sweat. Its win win a)you get the loots b) you get the delicious pure pain.
        I've no fucking choice Sammy!!

I was pretty cool last week. Then the application deadline passed on Monday and I'm waiting to hear since. Yesterday I was on study leave but I was just cracking up.

The next few weeks will determine my chance to pursue certain career goals for the next few years. It's probably my biggest life sweat ever. The new job will be huge. The redundo will be the most fantastic icing.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

It's probably my biggest life sweat ever.
          children will raise that bar

The redundo will be the most fantastic icing.
          and good for the game
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Flat is for benders.

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
            Glasto lineup, big surprise with QOTSA

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/
            Fuck sake, wonder is there any chance of them playing one of the Irish festivals.

Olympia tickets sold out in about 10 seconds.
            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
              good luck with the interview, nice to get that set up and have redun package and not take a break from earning.

start farting around your boss, spitting into your bin and generally just be a bit disgusting and maybe he will part with you. Go on the higher ups tho.

Hope you passed your exam but sounds good. Generally think I was able to predict where I would finish after an exam so I am sure that you will be reasonable close to where you think. I also left plenty of exams early in my time and after first year it was cause I knew my stuff and not the other way round. When the questions fall right you can blitz through them.

Overall good wishes from me. Hmmm I really am in a strange mood today all positive and no sarcasim in a post bizare stuff.
              Cheers Richard.

The Irish CEO wants me and I'm the only hat in the ring at present. So it's mine to lose I guess. There not describing it as an interview but a day long meeting with the key players.

Trickier then an interview in some ways. I'm considering going to the communications clinic so that I'm 100% sharp. Any views on them?

As for the redundo I did see it coming and I tried to get no bonus last year and get a very low assessment rank but they still gave me a few bob and a decent mark. The town is too small to really let my standards fall.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Cheers Richard.

The Irish CEO wants me and I'm the only hat in the ring at present. So it's mine to lose I guess. There not describing it as an interview but a day long meeting with the key players.

Trickier then an interview in some ways. I'm considering going to the communications clinic so that I'm 100% sharp. Any views on them?

As for the redundo I did see it coming and I tried to get no bonus last year and get a very low assessment rank but they still gave me a few bob and a decent mark. The town is too small to really let my standards fall.
                Send a representative á la Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JBvfZTx-vs[/ame]

Comment

city deal for frankville house looks good anyone been there before?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                    Send a representative á la Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JBvfZTx-vs
                    more like Spud's interview in Trainspotting imo

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O6bWb7oEuE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O6bWb7oEuE[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      children will raise that bar
                      A very good point. My old man keeps saying I need a few kids and a jumbo mortgage to give myself some real problems. I'll get your advice on that later!!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        You be crazy Diet Coke isn't very nice!
                        Are you a diet coke hating cunt as well?
                        NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                          Big time. Love the flat. So much more to it than NH imo, I love looking at pedigrees and the like. The Wood Ditton that was just run there is one of my favourite early season races.

Also just realised that you can get the RUK races on betfair without having to bet, just put in an offer that wont be matched and it will still work fine.
                          I thanked your post for the RUK tip, not for liking the flat more than the NH

speaking of food - there's another decent CityDeal on today (I snapped up Mr PillowTalk's offer on Tuesday)

le Cafe Irlandais (which was only OK when I was there but I'm assured it's generally better). €27 for 2 courses for 2.
                          When I click on the city deal link I only get a toning session. I know i'm fat but I'd prefer the Cafe Irlandis one? Is it still up?

Comment

Got it RD, thanks.

Comment

I think I'm going to try to get the Man United thread to like me again as an internet-social experiment.

Comment

A very good point. My old man keeps saying I need a few kids and a jumbo mortgage to give myself some real problems. I'll get your advice on that later!!
                                I have actually come up with a novel solution for this

You hear a lot about debt for equity swaps and the like. Well, I am pioneering a new derivative product. I call it the 'lifestyle swap'.

For example, you and Mrs V are a young professional couple with no kids and no debts. Despite this, you are curious as to what the next step in your life together will look like. Pow, this is where the Lifestyle Swap (™ Duke Enterprises LLC) comes in!

You simply swap your lifestyle with me for an agreed period of time* - you acquire a few kids, some negative equity and an insane dog. I get to live like a 20-something again. I even have a team of medical experts who can advise you on the physical and psychological toll of such a move. After the time period is up, you revert to your old lifestyle with a full understanding of what your life choices might bring. A hands-on cost-benefit analysis if you will. And the best bit is that I won't even charge you a red cent for this valuable service!

I'll bring the contracts with me this evening.

*minimum time period = 5 years

Comment

BBV chefs, when we entering?

http://www.rte.ie/masterchef/
                                  You'd actually need to be unemployed to get the time to enter for it I reckon.

I wouldn't be good enough but I would enter if I was. It would be massive fun and I wouldn't care that it was a cheap rte knock off. I'd still love it.

Comment

A few kids is a jumbo mortgage.
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Cheers Richard.

Ya I wouldnt really advise being a wreck around the office as no doubt you will need him for a reference and all that.

Day long meetings are a pain in the whole but it is just another way to dress up what is an interview so treat it that way. Believe me everything is monitored and they are just trying to see how informal you get. Lot of times these can end up in going for drinks etc so offer to buy your own round and dont get smashed. I have had guys fall down because they got wrecked, told some horror stories about where they worked and generally made a tit of themselves. Call in the next day saying no and then they have a hangover and the cripling double wammy of having fucked their shot up to. Supper sickining no doubt.

Interview trainers are good and bad imo. most of what they say is common sense that you will already know but some of the body language side can really help. For most interviewing is stressfull no matter how much you you meet people. For others they are not stressed enough and it can look to laid back and cocky. Everyone leans towards one side and the only way to get the balance is to do more interviews and get good feedback.
                                      A decent recruiter should do this for free (obv paid by a client once they get the job) but interview tech guys can do it also.

Personally I wouldn't use them and have had to coach bad habits out of mates but they are excellent for some people. Not the most usefull I know but since most of interivew takes place in the first minuite and is then based on making a personal connection and keeping eye contact without staring like a madman most of what they do is give people confidence or knock them down a peg as required

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                        Personally I wouldn't use them and have had to coach bad habits out of mates but they are excellent for some people. Not the most usefull I know but since most of interivew takes place in the first minuite and is then based on making a personal connection and keeping eye contact without staring like a madman most of what they do is give people confidence or knock them down a peg as required
                                        God, I've interviewed some classic cases of this

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                          I think I'm going to try to get the Man United thread to like me again as an internet-social experiment.
                                          Hit yourself across the head with a hammer a few times and it will be easy.

Comment

phew Frankville house is sold out just got on it in time

Comment

Pfff, NH is for horses bred to be slow and flat cast-offs

Comment

Had a lovely morning/afternoon locked in the toilet! Some clown went to France and let me move into his for a month. Wake up today and go for a nice relaxing shower. Next thing I know the door won't open, FML! A night or two ago I pulled the handle off the outside of it and forgot that the housemate had taken the handle off the outside last night, so obv it won't open without the bit in the middle. There wasn't enough space in the toilet to get the leverage to kick/shoulder it open(well either that or I'm just too weak) but I tried, on and off, for an hour and half. Lucky for me there is a recession on and someone in one of the other apartments heard me trying to break the door open. So he rang the land lady and she got a locksmith over...happy mofo days because the housemate wouldn't be home until about 11pm.

Team Cool Beans could have been down a member for this evening's important game but alas it's all good, it's cool beans no less.

Oh ye, I'd like to buy/give something to the neighbour who heard me banging, any ideas on what would be appropriate for someone you have never met?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                  Hit yourself across the head with a hammer a few times and it will be easy.
                                                  Yeah I went for like ten minutes before I had to call something retarded again.

At the moment it's Chicarito ~= Higuain

I sometimes think the entire thread is an elaborate level set up entirely for my benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                                    Oh for sure I really don't like the stuff at all give me a normal can of Coke all the time
                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                      Oh ye, I'd like to buy/give something to the neighbour who heard me banging, any ideas on what would be appropriate for someone you have never met?
                                                      for someone who's heard you banging but you've never met...I'd suggest funny looks would be appropriate

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                        Had a lovely morning/afternoon locked in the toilet! Some clown went to France and let me move into his for a month. Wake up today and go for a nice relaxing shower. Next thing I know the door won't open, FML! A night or two ago I pulled the handle off the outside of it and forgot that the housemate had taken the handle off the outside last night, so obv it won't open without the bit in the middle. There wasn't enough space in the toilet to get the leverage to kick/shoulder it open(well either that or I'm just too weak) but I tried, on and off, for an hour and half. Lucky for me there is a recession on and someone in one of the other apartments heard me trying to break the door open. So he rang the land lady and she got a locksmith over...happy mofo days because the housemate wouldn't be home until about 11pm......
                                                        I'd say jbravado salivated reading this, 14 hour shower ftw
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

For any golfers out there.

Cracking deal here http://livingsocial.com/deals/32529-18-holes-of-golf
                                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Can you help a friend to win "Young Entrepreneur of the Year" by adding this site as a friend on facebook.........thank you

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/...00002249846772

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                              For any golfers out there.

Cracking deal here http://livingsocial.com/deals/32529-18-holes-of-golf
                                                              booked it already great value. Was going to post it but figured nobody wud be fussed.

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                                                i know this wasn't directed at me, but just on this whole diet coke thing or to put it better this whole diet fizzy drinks thing........ there's just no point really is there, its terrible, shocking, tasteless, fizzy piss flavoured type stuff, when people give me a glass of that stuff i really feel like turning around and fucking the glass up against their lovely clean wall. it's just an insult

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Mate of mine only drinks diet coke. Not for weight reasons or anything but because it was always in his house. Taste like piss imo and people who put it in their JD's and Rums and thinks its fine to put it in mine as they are getting the round in. Bastards, it is a different drink to what I wanted and quit your shite.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                    i know this wasn't directed at me, but just on this whole diet coke thing or to put it better this whole diet fizzy drinks thing........ there's just no point really is there, its terrible, shocking, tasteless, fizzy piss flavoured type stuff, when people give me a glass of that stuff i really feel like turning around and fucking the glass up against their lovely clean wall. it's just an insult
                                                                    what diet coke or fizzy drinks in general?
                                                                    NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Im off all fizzy drinks for length. To say i have had some serious cravings over past few weeks wud be an understatement. Got a Dominos the other week and could not enjoy it without a can of Coke. Also was in pub recently and was not drinking and normally my go to move wud be a rock shandy was painful just getting a Blackcurrent squash.

Comment

Awful tang/aftertaste from diet coke or diet 7up, horrible stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                          Im off all fizzy drinks for length.
                                                                          How long?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            How long?
                                                                            Lent. FFS

Comment

Im off all fizzy drinks for length.

should be girth you're off it for!
                                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

this is how you insult someone

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0&feature=player_embedded"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Here you go Jersey Shore fans

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                  http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Eoghan, how are you getting to Cardiff? getting v.tempted to book some tickets now that I am a bona fide fair weather fan
                                                                                    Well,

I am going to a conference in London on the Wed & Thurs so I am getting a train to Cardiff on the Friday and back for my return flight from London on Sunday. £40 for the train and its only 2 and a bit hours!

The flights from Ireland to Cardiff anywhere around that weekend are a joke.

My mate has spare tickets to both games and a bed in his hotel so happy days! I wasnt going to go until I got the nod for the conference and it worked out great!

booked it already great value. Was going to post it but figured nobody wud be fussed.
                                                                                    That the one for Glen of Downs? Decent track but very windy up there even on a calm day! Its wide open.

What are the terms of when you can play?

What happened to Jeff DIT Poker? I saw him getting a sneaky lesson in my club in Bray some time ago. Is he posting here?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                      Well,

That the one for Glen of Downs? Decent track but very windy up there even on a calm day! Its wide open.

What are the terms of when you can play?

What happened to Jeff DIT Poker? I saw him getting a sneaky lesson in my club in Bray some time ago. Is he posting here?
                                                                                      so as for deal, its anytime seven days a week once its available for a tee times. Other than that no terms as such just book and play, cant be used with other deals.

Ah jeff his Golf journey was this is an awsome game, followed by lessons and gear, followed by im not getting as good as i think i should be quick enough so i quit. Much like his poker life if sumin requires effort to improve he is not into it. He is big into his ball at the moment so mainly does that. nah rarley posts here. if ever actually.

Comment

Its all about these.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSEYXWmEse8&feature=related[/ame]

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
                                                                                        Here you go Jersey Shore fans

http://americaisretarded.com/
                                                                                        Meh! No way is he richer than Bill Murray.

Comment

Mam Ratigan to place, 17.10 Cheltenham.

2/1 at present

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                            Meh! No way is he richer than Bill Murray.
                                                                                            It's Money made in a year. Not life time.

Here is the Sitchs response

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                              It's Money made in a year. Not life time.

Here is the Sitchs response

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...32781646770033
                                                                                              Yeah was kinda thinking that but hey whatever he is a moron but somewhat entertaining to watch

Comment

Couple of questions if anyone can help it would be appreciated. I'm heading to Calgary and was wondering what would be the best way of going.

Would a 90 minute stop over in Heathrow give me enough time to get everything sorted and get to my connecting flight or would I be cutting it too tight?

Anyone ever fly by Condor? Are they comfortable enough for a long flight?

Looking at it I have 3 options.

1. Fly to Frankfurt and then to Calgary by Condor. Travelling for 17 hours and 30 minutes. Cost €450.
                                                                                                2. Fly to Chicago and then to Calgary by Aer Lingus. Travelling for 14 hours and 20 minutes. Cost €700.
                                                                                                3. Fly to Heathrow and the to Calgary by BA. Travelling for 12 hours 15 minutes. Cost €675 but only have 90 minutes to catch my connecting flight.

Any opinions?

Comment

Kevin o Brien interview on page 12

CALL TODAY ON 01-2784423 page 12 20,000 copies delivered monthly local Business personal ads are on the Back page 6 Week Weight-loss Programme opinion page 3 win tickets to see By graham connors at the grand canal theatre kevin o'Brien interview Lose Weight the Healthy Way - Give us 6 weeks at Medfit and we’ll add years to your life! April 2011 • Unit 38, Northwood Court, Santry, Dublin 9 • Tel: 01 813 8786 • Email: info@informer.ie • Web: www.informer.ie n A typical Pop-up Shop
                                                                                                  48

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                    Couple of questions if anyone can help it would be appreciated. I'm heading to Calgary and was wondering what would be the best way of going.

Would a 90 minute stop over in Heathrow give me enough time to get everything sorted and get to my connecting flight or would I be cutting it too tight?

1. Fly to Frankfurt and then to Calgary by Condor. Travelling for 17 hours and 30 minutes. Cost €450.
                                                                                                    2. Fly to Chicago and then to Calgary by Aer Lingus. Travelling for 14 hours and 20 minutes. Cost €700.
                                                                                                    3. Fly to Heathrow and the to Calgary by BA. Travelling for 12 hours 15 minutes. Cost €675 but only have 90 minutes to catch my connecting flight.

Any opinions?
                                                                                                    90 minutes in Heathrow is very tight as you will have to go from terminal 4 to terminal 1, which is a bit of a trek, and if the flight from Dublin is delayed even by a short bit you will either miss the flight, or just get it but your bags won't catch up to you. Big risk imo.

Comment

Any opinions?
                                                                                                      Personally I'd go via Frankfurt for peace of mind, the extra few hours are only a mild minus as I love flying, and I'd buy myself something cool in the duty free for €225

Comment

Glasto lineup, big surprise with QOTSA

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/
                                                                                                        Not a fan of QOTSA so it looks like I may end up finishing the festivals at Kool & The Gang

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qchPLaiKocI[/ame]

Opr

Comment

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Site Feedback thread - please share your thoughts

Comment

Watching a thing on prairie dogs on rte now..reminded me of this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIV4poUZAQo[/ame]
                                                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Any opinions?
                                                                                                                BA codeshare with AerLingus so there will always be an earlier flight and therefore no need for the 90 minute rush. You would probably make the flight in 90 mins but your bags won't.

Edit: I see the Frankfurt option is cheapest, so its a no brainer, /I'd pay 250 not to fly BA through Heathrow.
                                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 14-04-11, 18:11.
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Zod's sig reminds me of a funny story.

One of my mates works for a computer repairs place, another mate gave him his laptop to fix.

The lad that fixed it lived in a rented house with another couple of my mates, I was over there one evening and he grabbed the laptop and told us to gather round as he had something deadly to show us.

It was a video of our absent mate pulling his plumb, he had filmed himself wanking so he could email it to some girl somewhere.

While we were watching it breaking our shite laughing (I knew who it was) one of the lads went all tense and bright red, he had no idea who owned the laptop. Then all of a sudden he relaxed.

He thought we had somehow secret filmed him wanking as he had a similar bracelet to the culprit, he relaxed when he copped the wanker was a lefty.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                    He thought we had somehow secret filmed him wanking as he had a similar bracelet to the culprit, he relaxed when he copped the wanker was a lefty.
                                                                                                                    and apparently, a similar cock.
                                                                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                                      and apparently, a similar cock.
                                                                                                                      lol, he just saw the bracelet and the rest of us laughing, he was the only one who didn't already know who it was

Comment

Hows it goin lads,

Just wondering does anyone know of any free websites were you can watch curb your enthusiasm?

Thanks

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOacUWjHgiE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X