X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zod View Post
    Just don't tell them about it.
    lol, would obviously be my preference but the peeps I'd be billing would be sure to ask questions when I don't tag VAT onto my invoices
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

If you've never deposited before, but made an account years ago and people transferred you money, can you still get a first time deposit bonus?

Comment

Depends on site

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          If I were to become a self-employed 'consultant' at some point in the near future, what's my best line in terms of keeping my filthy lucre out of the hands of the Revenue?
          lol, would obviously be my preference but the peeps I'd be billing would be sure to ask questions when I don't tag VAT onto my invoices
          If you devise a workable plan, please PM me

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
            Depends on site
            Ah I just saw loads of deposit bonus'/first deposit bonus' under my stars account so should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              If you devise a workable plan, please PM me
              unfortunately I'm asking from a point of total ignorance

Comment

If I were to become a self-employed 'consultant' at some point in the near future, what's my best line in terms of keeping my filthy lucre out of the hands of the Revenue?

rule 1 : never refuse a cash costumer

Comment

expenses, lots and lots of 'expenses'
                  Also, having your 'Head Office' based in the UK and paying yourself a wage can help
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

good point

probably very reliant on demographics (age, geographical location, educational level etc)

an ancient culchie such as yourself probably has Radio Eireann on all day
                    We all stay tuned to KFM until the Death notices have been read.

Get a good accountant.
                    There is a shitload of stuff you can run through the business as expenses but the revenue are really on top on it these days. The secret is to be making enough money to pay them what they expect to get from you then there are few questions asked, if you seem to underpay they will be after you all the time. Audits are not very random.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

substitute 'Bertie' for Cameron and 'O'Reilly' for Murdoch and you have Ireland

actually the concentration of media power is worse here
                      Applies to Murdoch here too, I doubt Bertie's sport coverage was really worth 100k pa.

Comment

Death notice bingo FTW.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Applies to Murdoch here too, I doubt Bertie's sport coverage was really worth 100k pa.
                          "I tink de dubs will win de all-oireland dis yeeearrrrr"

positively Beckettian, how can you carp at such genius sir. For shame.

Comment

I do find it amusing that the one bit of public service that we seem to have a very good international reputation in is tax collecting.
                            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

"I tink de dubs will win de all-oireland dis yeeearrrrr"

Positively Beckettian; how can you carp at such genius sir? For shame!
                              FYP.

People in glass houses...
                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Looking to pick up a small netbook to take with me on my travels in June. Had an advent which was fine up till now...but its kicked the bucket.

Any recommendations/links to a suitable replacement guys?
                                NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Breaking News...... David Blaine's 40 day world record for doing nothing in a box has been broken by Fernando Torres.
                                  ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                                  I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

simple tag vat and keep it. Either that or register your company in the Isle of Man and then work through that. Pain in the bals part is that you will need to get someone to operate a shadow office for you over there but there are "companies" that specialsie in this type of thing. You then become Raulcorps guy on the ground in Ireland which is legal but get payed into an account in a wonderful tax haven.
                                    Costs quite a bit so you need to be pulling in decent cash but lots of contractors do it and it saves a packet once you are paying the high ends of tax.
                                    Alternativley pay your taxes since as i am payed in Ireland and dont have this option I dont like hearing others boasting about beating the system

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                                      Breaking News...... David Blaine's 40 day world record for doing nothing in a box has been broken by Fernando Torres.
                                      lol
                                      NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                        FYP.

People in glass houses...
                                        <gets 'Becekettian'>

Beckett was a notoriously poor grammarian

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                          simple tag vat and keep it. Either that or register your company in the Isle of Man and then work through that. Pain in the bals part is that you will need to get someone to operate a shadow office for you over there but there are "companies" that specialsie in this type of thing. You then become Raulcorps guy on the ground in Ireland which is legal but get payed into an account in a wonderful tax haven.
                                          Costs quite a bit so you need to be pulling in decent cash but lots of contractors do it and it saves a packet once you are paying the high ends of tax.
                                          obviously I would never dream of such an unpatriotic course of action

<googles furiously>

Comment

Ship the motorcycle theory test this afternoon, 40/40...
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

<gets 'Becekettian'>

Beckett was a notoriously poor grammarian
                                              Actually he was an excellent grammarian who ignored it for literary effect, making the post all the more poignant. You miss my purposeful mistake? Oh I do love it when these ridiculously high level literary jokes turn somehow even nerdier.

Comment

Actually he was an excellent grammarian who ignored it for literary effect, making the post all the more poignant. You miss my purposeful mistake? Oh I do love it when these ridiculously high level literary jokes turn somehow even nerdier.
                                                How hideous is the semi-colon
                                                your move sir

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                  Supernintendo Hugh Grant, Investigator, Great stuff.

In other news I've just ditched IE as been having problems with loading pages, loving Firefox.
                                                  Use Chrome, switched to it from FF a few weeks ago and it's the nutz.

Comment

another apposite quote hereunder

“Once a certain degree of insight has been reached, all men talk, when talk they must, the same tripe.”
                                                    quite

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                      Use Chrome, switched to it from FF a few weeks ago and it's the nutz.
                                                      yeah i used IE from day one, until a mate said try Chrome a few months ago. No comparison imo.
                                                      NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                        Make up ftw

wtf did you go and put Pammie in there Tony? God dang.......
                                                        NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

FYP.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                          Make up ftw Airbrushing FTW

This too shall pass.

Comment

your move sir
                                                            I think we can call that a geeky draw, no?

Comment

Ugh, job websites are so tilting

Comment

Watched the first two episodes of Arrested Development seems good got a few chuckles out of me will carry on with it so
                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I think we can call that a geeky draw, no?
                                                                  I could keep going but we'll probably get banned

Comment

Thought this was pretty cool, Jamie Carragher wrote it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                      Ugh, job websites are so tilting
                                                                      +1 absolutely horrible trying to sift thru them

Comment

Spurs, Inter and Rangers to win tonight just to keep it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                          Spurs, Inter and Rangers to win tonight just to keep it interesting.
                                                                          Aberdeen at 6/1 for a victory. Stick a tenner on it and you have weekend boozing money.

Comment

From yesterday:

Carbon Footprint of Indoor Cannabis Production - http://bit.ly/g86O3q

Comment

Aberdeen at 6/1 for a victory. Stick a tenner on it and you have weekend boozing money.
                                                                              Meh. Think I got little over 10/1 on those 3 and I am fairly certain all 3 will win. Tons of college work to do so won't be able to poker it up tonight.

Shame cause I was really looking forword to a game.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                Meh. Think I got little over 10/1 on those 3 and I am fairly certain all 3 will win. Tons of college work to do so won't be able to poker it up tonight.

Shame cause I was really looking forword to a game.
                                                                                There's a six-max €40 tournie on tomorrow, and if you get knocked out in the first round you get entered into a tenner freezeout, usually gets about 30 runners, very good structure.

Comment

There's a six-max €40 tournie on tomorrow, and if you get knocked out in the first round you get entered into a tenner freezeout, usually gets about 30 runners, very good structure.
                                                                                  Unfortaually it will be work till Friday. Played the behemoth and didn't like it. I know they changed the stucture but meh. Think I'll wait till next Wednesday.

Comment

That Hugh Grant piece is immense!
                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                      That Hugh Grant piece is immense!
                                                                                      luckyLloyd = Divine Brown obv.

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
                                                                                        torres.jpg
                                                                                        https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                        http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

I see on IMDB that the Wackowski Bros. are making a film based on the book Cloud Atlas with Tom Hanks as the lead. Could be a horrible adaption of a brilliant book I reckon
                                                                                          Last edited by ghostface; 13-04-11, 17:34.

Comment

Already got a perfect answer to a question I asked earlier, so going for two in a row.

BBV - I'm looking to get some bricks in order to build a firepit.
                                                                                            I'm looking at just copying this one from instructables.
                                                                                            And thus looking for bricks like this.
                                                                                            Any suggestions on the best place to find something like this? I searched the woodies website for bricks but found nothing.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Amazing.

Starting my own fund: Bieber Gaga Inc.

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                              Its cancelled due to unforseen circumstances!!!! so piss off!!!!
                                                                                              We weren't born yesterday.
                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Ok having a arguement with a mate about whos better.. Ronaldo or Rooney? vote in bold please

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfloRNkUuxY&feature=email[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Harney View Post
                                                                                                    Ok having a arguement with a mate about whos better.. Ronaldo or Rooney? vote in bold please
                                                                                                    I'd have to say Suarez.
                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

better at what, question way to vague...........both have so much to offer

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                                                                                                        I'd have to say Suarez.

Comment

Originally posted by kakak1 View Post
                                                                                                          better at what, question way to vague...........both have so much to offer
                                                                                                          Overall ability.. who would you prefer in your team if you are looking to win silverware?

Comment

Tanning I'd go with Ron. But with smashing grannies it has to be Shrek.

Comment

Ronaldo obviously

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2NHqSXftzU[/ame]

just saw the facebook back and forth there, will be having words with Adam 'if Rooney was played up top he'd be up there with Messi '

insert shaking head gif here!!
                                                                                                              Last edited by ghostface; 13-04-11, 18:01.

Comment

Ok i'll dumb it down a little.. heads or tails?

Comment

Ah i see you said that Rooney bit, GTFO lol

Comment

Overall ability.. who would you prefer in your team if you are looking to win silverware?

in a struggling team no question.....Rooney.

In a team at the top of their game, good attacking players Ronaldo.

But I'd swap Messi for both

Comment

Obviously Ronaldo is much better. Stupid question.

Comment

Terry Phelan or Gary Breen, now there is a real barroom debate!

Don't anyone even think of throwing Gary Doherty into it.

Comment

Who's head or whos tail.

For heads I'll have to go with Pinhead
                                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                                          for just plain WTFery

But with Tails I'm gonna go with Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog cause the poor bastard was named for the only thing interesting about him. It's like if Jennifer love hewitt was call "Rocking Tits"

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Last edited by MegaSin; 13-04-11, 18:11.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X