This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
    Same, let's go for a walk. Throw stones at things.
    If you see him on your travels:

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Same, let's go for a walk. Throw stones at things.
      Lets go to a 24 hour tesco

I love these

Comment

Ok, there is one a couple of k from me, let's go there. We can play cops and robbers.
        We should actually get those quazar type packs and go play there some night till they call the feds.
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Ok, there is one a couple of k from me, let's go there. We can play cops and robbers.
          We should actually get those quazar type packs and go play there some night till they call the feds.
          We should call the feds and have a big game. Them against us.

Comment

Comment

Didn't quite a few people here have bets on X-Factor ?

In a landmark move, the UK Gambling Commission has issued voiding orders for the first time under the Gambling Act 2005, after concluding an investigation into suspicious betting patterns involving three employees of media channel Virgin Media during last year's series of the popular weekly TV talent show The X Factor.

The Commission has voided bets totalling over £16,000 which were placed on The X Factor, and follows an investigation into a report of suspicious betting activity brought to its attention by Betfair’s Integrity Unit.

The investigation established that three individuals employed by phone line operator Virgin Media were misusing their access to Virgin’s data on voting patterns to place unfair bets on which contestants would be eliminated from The X Factor. The employees have since been sacked by Virgin.

“There is no evidence that the integrity of the public voting or the TV shows involved were compromised,” said the Gambling Commission in statement. “However, the Commission has consulted with Ofcom, which has been working with Virgin Media and other relevant stakeholders, to ensure that firm steps are taken to prevent a repeat of such activity.”

The voiding orders mean that any contract or other arrangement in relation to each bet is void and that any money paid in relation to each bet - whether by way of stake, winnings, commission or otherwise - shall be repaid to the person who paid it, and repayment may be enforced as a debt due to that person.

The voiding orders also indicate that Betfair should, to the extent that it may be in its power to do so, cause affected Betfair customers to be repaid.

“Following a multi-agency investigation led by the Gambling Commission, we are satisfied that the bets placed were substantially unfair as the individuals involved had inside information,” said Nick Tofiluk, director of regulation for the Gambling Commission.

“We have worked closely with all the bodies involved to ensure that those individuals do not profit from their activity and that appropriate action has been taken to prevent a recurrence of such activity in the future.”
              Opr

Comment

Any ideas what to do with 70 odd argos catalogues?

Comment

Put them in your friends room again.
                  Does he have his own food cupboard? Put them there? Shower? There.

Even better, does he have a car?

Comment

They would take a cupboard off the wall. Very heavy.

Hasn't his own shower.

Sold his van.

Stumped.

Comment

Put them in the regular shower bath.
                      Also, leave a few in the toilet with the lid closed.
                      Bread bin, if you have one (probably not, you aren't 50 years old).

Actually, wedge them all against the hall door when everyone goes out to work.

Do you have a shedder or could you get one? Shred 70 copies and you could probably fill his room at least 4 feet high, that would be epic. Or fill the the bathroom entirely with the shredded.

Think big.

Comment

Think I will hold off and do the shredding idea. Make his room into a massive hamsters cage, maybe set up a camera.

Comment

I've just watched this at least 20 times and can't stop laughing when he goes " werlllerererererr 5 Dollars!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpVQwslHdSo&feature=autofb[/ame]

Comment

Comment

Comment

Anyone see the last Dragon's Den?
                                The advertising on coffee cups thing just confused me, it's not a remotely new idea. The first google search throws back a NZ company of the exact same name...

I'm thinking they wouldn't back a lot of the 'businesses' (some are just ideas, old ideas) if not for the Sunday night 45 minute ad slot on RTE that they have with which to promote them.

The Kooky dough was another (which somehow they pronounce as cookie), not a remotely new idea (though maybe not popularised on these shores).

Does one just need to grab an old idea, copy it and act oblivious?

Comment

When are you bringing your business plan to them

Comment

Dunno.

On reflection, the kooky dough people didn't even take the dragon's up on their typically shit offer and just used the advertising. Apparently they were already sorted with Tesco so I doubt they had much intention of taking an offer, easy when the dragon's almost never make an offer better half what the asking is.

Comment

Anyone see the last Dragon's Den?
                                      The advertising on coffee cups thing just confused me, it's not a remotely new idea. The first google search throws back a NZ company of the exact same name...

I'm thinking they wouldn't back a lot of the 'businesses' (some are just ideas, old ideas) if not for the Sunday night 45 minute ad slot on RTE that they have with which to promote them.

The Kooky dough was another (which somehow they pronounce as cookie), not a remotely new idea (though maybe not popularised on these shores).

Does one just need to grab an old idea, copy it and act oblivious?
                                      I think your missing the point of dragons den. Or maybe confusing it with the inventor show.
                                      It's not supposed to be a new idea (they often are by coincidence) its supposed to be a potential business. So the cookie dough, and the Ad Cups aren't new, but they haven't been done in ireland. No need to act oblivious, you could even reference how sucessful the othere were (as long as you weren't breaching copyright or anything)

eg say in McDonalds never came to ireland, a pretty good business plan would be just copy them.

Comment

Dunno.

On reflection, the kooky dough people didn't even take the dragon's up on their typically shit offer and just used the advertising. Apparently they were already sorted with Tesco so I doubt they had much intention of taking an offer, easy when the dragon's almost never make an offer better half what the asking is.
                                        I will go on it with you if you like.

Comment

Dunno.

Would be pretty funny to just shoot them all down. and be honest about it.

Well, actually jim, I think your all cuntish tight bastards. I had no intention of working with any one you. Tesco have already made a very good offer and I'm jsut here for the free advertising.
                                          [turn and stare into camera] "J"Availible at tesco from may - Kooky Dough - as seen on Dragons den"

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                            I think your missing the point of dragons den. Or maybe confusing it with the inventor show.
                                            It's not supposed to be a new idea (they often are by coincidence) its supposed to be a potential business. So the cookie dough, and the Ad Cups aren't new, but they haven't been done in ireland. No need to act oblivious, you could even reference how sucessful the othere were (as long as you weren't breaching copyright or anything)

eg say in McDonalds never came to ireland, a pretty good business plan would be just copy them.
                                            Yea I do get that but it makes for odd tv viewing at times.
                                            I'm probably just to lazy to take a shot like these cunts, and I have a background in absolutely nothing.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                            I will go on it with you if you like.
                                            We're going to reinvent Ireland's love of the potato, think people have forgotten exactly how tasty and versatile they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                              Would be pretty funny to just shoot them all down. and be honest about it.

Well, actually jim, I think your all cuntish tight bastards. I had no intention of working with any one you. Tesco have already made a very good offer and I'm jsut here for the free advertising.
                                              [turn and stare into camera] "J"Availible at tesco from may - Kooky Dough - as seen on Dragons den"
                                              Sure, if the show went out live.
                                              There may be some amount of wankery going on regarding how and who gets on the show.
                                              Massive amount of choice editing too at the hands of the dragon's den franchise owners too.

Comment

Yea I do get that but it makes for odd tv viewing at times.
                                                I'm probably just to lazy to take a shot like these cunts, and I have a background in absolutely nothing.
                                                It;s odd all the time, the people who have a perfect business plan, a decent product and some results but lack capital are boring.

I want the nutters who've never heard of itunes and think they invented a great way to sell music
                                                Massive amount of choice editing too at the hands of the dragon's den franchise owners too.
                                                Ah yeah of course.

Comment

I'm loving this song all week.
                                                  Seen it on American idol and i've been playing it all the time. Was always one of my favs, but been ignited again.

Beatles version is great, but I'm currently listening to every cover i can find.
                                                  honourable mentions go to The muppets, and also Eric clapton, George harrison son and prince,

Peter Frampton gets the gold today
                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McQKA0FeArM[/ame]

Also, can't believe i'm only noticing that is was sample here now
                                                  [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4xgdVt8IpE[/ame]

Comment

While vaguely on the subject, Betty Crocker cake mixes started back in the 50's in America, initially they didn't sell very well.

The company found that the solution was to require people to add an egg. (originally you only needed to add water because they can include an egg substitute if they wish).

The adding of an egg gave housewives a sense of 'creative contribution'.

Sick world.

Comment

Lottie get a job.

Comment

Will do.
                                                        Private Investigator for hire, reasonable rates, pm in confidence.

Comment

Morning BBVers!

More help being looked for. Next week I'm going to spain for a week, the problem is I need internet and the place i'm staying has none. The only internet cafe is uber expensive and the only place with free wifi is a dark and dingy irish bar.

Does anybody know of any good top up internet dongles you can get in spain, or get here and use in spain? Speed isn't of the essence just need to be able to get to my emails and dont fancy paying the crazy roaming costs by tethering my phone.

Thanks in advance.
                                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

I'm reverting to D&G

McWilliams today
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Bubbled the 3 seat Last Chance Saloon for the Irish Open on Paddy Power last nite.....was chip leader from 12 out and didn't convert! Oh well....still a few nites left to get in!!!

Morning all btw

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                  Howdy, howdy; need to ship $50 your way! feckin Gaddafi. stars?
                                                                  morning, Stuntgirl on stars please

now for our next bet, I'd be interested in the Croke Park deal and whether it holds to the end of the year

Comment

Comment

Excellent - should be there now! hmm, Would definitely be interested! Must have a read up on it; presumably it would be based on average public sector pay according to CSO falling or rising by December 2011 (given that there are so many aspects to the Croke Park agreement itself, but pay is the key one)?
                                                                      a government decision to unilaterally cut PS pay

Comment

Comment

Anyone fancy a Torres night out tonight? Loads of shots, it costs a fortune and you go home early without scoring

Comment

what odds would work for you?
                                                                            I don't know

all of my PS friends tell me definitively 'it won't happen' so I'd be looking for some juice

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                              Morning BBVers!

More help being looked for. Next week I'm going to spain for a week, the problem is I need internet and the place i'm staying has none. The only internet cafe is uber expensive and the only place with free wifi is a dark and dingy irish bar.

Does anybody know of any good top up internet dongles you can get in spain, or get here and use in spain? Speed isn't of the essence just need to be able to get to my emails and dont fancy paying the crazy roaming costs by tethering my phone.

Thanks in advance.
                                                                              if all your looking for is your emails dark and dingy irish bar FTW
                                                                              48

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                I don't know

all of my PS friends tell me definitively 'it won't happen' so I'd be looking for some juice
                                                                                I think you are a year early. Labour won't do it until they've got no other choice.
                                                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

...

Comment

Kinda dissapointed reading back by the lack of a meltdown from CHD...
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                      I think you are a year early. Labour won't do it until they've got no other choice.
                                                                                      have you heard the language out of Howlin, Quinn and Rabite over the last few days?

Comment

Quiz team name was our most distasteful in some time last night.

'Rory Mcllroy, the worst Irish choker since Stephen Gately'.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

have you heard the language out of Howlin, Quinn and Rabite over the last few days?
                                                                                          I've heard them trying to spin a threat to get something moving on croke park "savings". Not credible to me.
                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Rational markets
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Invite them over to msn's party on Sunday.
                                                                                              Lottie where will I meet you to go to msn's party
                                                                                              Mountmelick.
                                                                                              Its cancelled due to unforseen circumstances!!!! so piss off!!!!
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                I've heard them trying to spin a threat to get something moving on croke park "savings". Not credible to me.
                                                                                                it's a fair leap for Labour politicans to be stirring up their base like that

Comment

FIFA watch: FIFA got rid of the head of the indonesian FA this week for not doing enough to prevent clubs forming a breakaway league. They claimed the guy had lost any credibility.

This is the same guy who twice was convictred for fraud and imprisoned since he was elected to the post of Head of the Indonesian FA in 2004.
                                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

How big a price are Inter @ 8/5 to beat Schalke tonight? Surely Shalke will park the bus and let Inter batter away at them knowing that a 3-0 defeat still puts them through

Comment

Originally posted by Mary Harney View Post
                                                                                                      Basically i have a condition that's called scapular winging, which means my shoulder blades don't stick to my back. I dislocated my shoulder more times than i can count and rather have a reoccurring injury i opted for surgery.

The first few weeks after the surgery were hell, as i had an open wound on a limb. When i recovered it never felt 100%, was always getting fairly bad twitches in my shoulder. Simple things like clenches my fist or putting on my seatbelt in the car would cause unreal pain, so physical sports like hurling were dropped .

I would agree with what they are saying. You need good rest and a good physio. Lot's of work in the pool strenghtened my arm back up big time and i would recommend that during the after the healing process. To be honest i have no idea what your surgery will entail but it sounds alot more complex than mine. If i were you i wouldn't risk anything after having the surgery until i got the go ahead.
                                                                                                      Something doesn't sound right about your operation. You shouldn't be feeling pain in fairness. I done my shoulder in aswell countless times(maybe 13 to 14) when I was between 15-18. Got the pin inserted in February 2009 and haven't dislocated it since

OK, sometimes I feel a bit of discomfort and stiffness, and it takes me a bit longer to warm up from sports like soccer and golf(which is all shoulder work) but it hasnt hindered me really.

On recovery times Connie: They say after the operation it is 6 months to come back for contact sports but golf is obviously not. I was back playing golf after 3 months. I was swinging a club in the living room one handed with the bad shoulder after I got the sling off after 6 weeks, just to strenthen it up and stuff

Disclaimer
                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                      I was 19 and probably not fully grown, and may recovered quicker than *ahem* a little older people. Even just ask your doc if you can play a bit of light golf. Even nine holes

Lets go to a 24 hour tesco

I love these

Mmmm I fucking love these. Cant wait till after work to head down for one of them 16 packs of them
                                                                                                      Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

In a revision class here, we were never a great looking bunch of nerds, but when the pressure is on; the exam beards are sprouting and the wimmins change their facepaint schedule, this is when you really see the true beauty (or lack thereof) of the average financial mathematician.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                          In a revision class here, we were never a great looking bunch of nerds, but when the pressure is on; the exam beards are sprouting and the wimmins change their facepaint schedule, this is when you really see the true beauty (or lack thereof) of the average financial mathematician.
                                                                                                          I would wager that there is a percentage of both sexes that look better for the addition of a beard / loss of make up.
                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

The fat girls beard is quite impressive actually

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                              I would wager that there is a percentage of both sexes that look better for the addition of a beard / loss of make up.
                                                                                                              only one way to settle this:

post up a picture of yourself sans face fungus and we will get the ladies to rate you - hotornot.com style

Comment

All women look better without make up always.
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

its raining

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

only one way to settle this:

post up a picture of yourself sans face fungus and we will get the ladies to rate you - hotornot.com style
                                                                                                                    I don't think I could find one I'm afraid!!

I've had some manner of facial hair pretty consistently since I was 18.

All women look better without make up always.
                                                                                                                    100% agree. The things women do to their face.
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                                                      The boy who called wolf!!

Went golfing on Friday April 1st with a couple of friends of mine (2 boardies actually, the improver and Lank 1)to Kanturk Golf club in Cork. Played shyte, but that didnt matter because we were just supporting a worthy charity. Had the grub and sat into the back of kieths jeep for the 30 mile spim home.
                                                                                                                      It had been raining after a dry spell of about a week, and as we rounded a bend, i could feel the arse of the jeep sliding over the white line like we were on ice. I know no more until the jeep is over-turning, (dont know how many times, but at least twice). The jeep finally stopped in an upside down position on the ditch.
                                                                                                                      First thing I remember is Kieth shouting was everybody ok (3 of us in the car). I was just happy to be consious and knew I was alive and well, although I was pretty sure I had busted my shoulder. I do remember taking up the "airline " crash position of head between the legs with the arms wrapped around it as we started to spin. Amazing really how survivol methods kick-in when in an emergency.

PS: Typing is slow and laborious in my state atm, hence explains my lack of posting of late
                                                                                                                      Glad to hear it was just the shoulder that was damaged and nothing more serious happened. Funny though that it had to happen on April fools day and no one believed you lol. Look after yourself Connie.

We went over to Scotland not long before Christmas, just as the cold spell hit. We were travelling from Stranaer to Glasgow to stay with family. We took the first exit off a roundabout and was not doing any great speed at all as I am uber cautious in cold weather. Next thing the car started to slide and I fought to control it and next thing we were spinning on the dual carriageway! Lucky for us nothing was coming the other way or it would have been really serious as it was pretty early still as we took the first boat that morning.

We slammed to a halt on the other side of the road facing the opposite way and thanked our lucky stars no one was hurt. The baby woke out her sleep and that was the worst that happened. We were all pretty shook up though.

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      Its cancelled due to unforseen circumstances!!!! so piss off!!!!
                                                                                                                      OMG I can't believe you cancelled And here am I heading to Dublin this weekend and Tony is flying out to London to watch Arsenal on Sunday and I was going to come to the party

Comment

I don't think I could find one I'm afraid!!

I've had some manner of facial hair pretty consistently since I was 18.

100% agree. The things women do to their face.
                                                                                                                        Sigh.. I have been over this before. I even posted pics of wimmin with and without makeup.

Comment

Will do.
                                                                                                                          Private Investigator for hire, reasonable rates, pm in confidence.

Baggsy being Super Ray
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X