This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

today's CityDeal is at Mr PillowTalk's place

one of the few deals I've ever seen on there that I could unequivocally recommend (plus you get the dangerous frisson of being a mugging target when emerging late at night ), get in.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
      Nervous about tonight ???
      Not really. I predict goals tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        Not really. I predict goals tonight.
        would be a good time for Torres to stop falling over his own feet and sulking like a 2 y/o

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          would be a good time for Torres to stop falling over his own feet and sulking like a 2 y/o
          If he stops doing that bit he would probably score a goal or two. Few times now he has created space, took it on and gone down. Ridic. Only oldies do that, even Drogba shoots ahead of diving.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
            Hey Zod,

Where's my UKIPT money?
            It's at Bill's house.
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

union officials naturally calling for very generous redundo packages
              Scarily, I think you'll find that it was management saying that. Unions were saying 'Ouar Membarrs ware nawt to blame for this crisssesss ...blah blah fatcats blah blah'
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Scarily, I think you'll find that it was management saying that. Unions were saying 'Ouar Membarrs ware nawt to blame for this crisssesss ...blah blah fatcats blah blah'
                I would actually think that they'll get most of the 2,000 redundancies on a voluntary basis. Plenty of 50+ employees itching to get out.

the next 2,000 redundancies after that will be much more painful

Comment

Felt strongly enough about a local issue to blast off an email to my 5 local councillors (2 Lab, 1 FG, 1 FF, 1 SP).

FF guy wins the 'first reply' award.

Comment

I would actually think that they'll get most of the 2,000 redundancies on a voluntary basis. Plenty of 50+ employees itching to get out.

the next 2,000 redundancies after that will be much more painful
                    McKillen judgment about NAMA's legality is coming out in about half an hour. Should make for some interesting reading one way or the other. Thought you might be interested.
                    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                      Felt strongly enough about a local issue to blast off an email to my 5 local councillors (2 Lab, 1 FG, 1 FF, 1 SP).

FF guy wins the 'first reply' award.
                      does he still win if the reply is asking for a bribe?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                        McKillen judgment about NAMA's legality is coming out in about half an hour. Should make for some interesting reading one way or the other. Thought you might be interested.
                        that's the SC judgement, thought the verdict was already in?

or do they release detailed opinion afterwards?

you legal types, oy oy

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                          probably the first email the poor fecker has had in months

he's outside AJ's gaff right now filling in his pothole himself

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                            He would have lost some points for that.

He's actually a regular enough guy, lives slap bang in the middle of Corduff which is almost the nut anti-FF territory. Its like he accidentally joined the wrong party and can't escape.

Comment

Its like he accidentally joined the wrong party and can't escape.
                              a bit like Martin Mansergh in that case

Comment

that's the SC judgement, thought the verdict was already in?

or do they release detailed opinion afterwards?

you legal types, oy oy
                                The judgment that was given out already was on the substantive issue of fact involving those loans only and, specifically, whether or not the order of the Minister for Justice was sufficient to empower the taking of the loans prior to the formal enactment of the NAMA legislation.

The Court then invited both parties to submit written legal submissions on a number of legal issues regarding NAMA itself and whether the whole system was constitutional/legal/compliant with EU law. This was done as it was considered that the point of law was one of the utmost public importance and, to give certainty to the issue and prevent future cases one way or the other, the Court should take this opportunity to rule on the matter definitively.

That's the judgment the Court (7 of them, which is rare to say the least, I think it's only happened 4 times since the foundation of the State) that will be given in about 20 minutes. One way or the other whatever the Court says will determine if there still is a NAMA and, if there is, what the limits on its powers will be.

Comment

probably the first email the poor fecker has had in months

he's outside AJ's gaff right now filling in his pothole himself
                                  Bus issue, our local 38A is going to add ~20 minutes to its journey fom next Monday by going through Blanchardstown village.
                                  Contacted MFT Dr Leo as well, he's the one I least expect a reply from as he seems to be above that sort of parishpump stuff.

edit. Silver medal goes to Patrick Nulty, Labour.
                                  Last edited by ArmaniJeans; 12-04-11, 09:23.

Comment

The judgment that was given out already was on the substantive issue of fact involving those loans only and, specifically, whether or not the order of the Minister for Justice was sufficient to empower the taking of the loans prior to the formal enactment of the NAMA legislation.

The Court then invited both parties to submit written legal submissions on a number of legal issues regarding NAMA itself and whether the whole system was constitutional/legal/compliant with EU law. This was done as it was considered that the point of law was one of the utmost public importance and, to give certainty to the issue and prevent future cases one way or the other, the Court should take this opportunity to rule on the matter definitively.

That's the judgment the Court (7 of them, which is rare to say the least, I think it's only happened 4 times since the foundation of the State) that will be given in about 20 minutes. One way or the other whatever the Court says will determine if there still is a NAMA and, if there is, what the limits on its powers will be.
                                    I must have missed this issue of minor public importance

Fucking hell, conequences are potentially off the charts

Comment

I must have missed this issue of minor public importance

Fucking hell, conequences are potentially off the charts
                                      Place isn't mental enough for the judgment to be too groundbreaking. You can sort of sense when something big is happening and it's pretty quiet to be honest.

Most likely they set down some general framework for NAMA to ensure it doesn't overstep the proportionality test and leave the fundamental framework as it currently stands.

That says, you never know what might happen. Knew you'd be interested.

Comment

paddypower.com down for anyone?

Comment

yea, the last few hrs.

Comment

down for me too

Comment

have we gone back in time to April the 1st?

it's the only explanation I can think of for this

Comment

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Be cool if you could put a poll in the middle of the thread. Would be very interested to see how many people on here have made moves to get out of Ireland in the short to medium term.

Also where they'd hope to land would be interesting

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      Soprano reference I get...kinda
                                                      Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      Girlfriends mother died in Lanzarote tuesday night.
                                                      Flew over Wed morning and just back now due to delays with the body being released
                                                      Very surreal week
                                                      I saw that last night on her page and left her a wee message. That is just tragic James and good you out there with her.

I take it, it was very unexpected from the other comments?

My condolences to all the family.

Comment

Bito sickness going on on the $1k Monday FT atm...

Tournament Director: Observer Chat is not allowed at the final table.
                                                        Tournament Director: Observer Chat is not allowed at the final table.
                                                        holdplz: The same thing we do every night Pinky.
                                                        FTPDoug (Director): Hi there. We will have to cancel the tournament in 3 minutes if it's not over by then. When that happens, it will payout according to rule #31 at http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/tourRules.php
                                                        THE UTE: wow
                                                        holdplz: wat
                                                        THE UTE: told u
                                                        holdplz: doug
                                                        holdplz: Are you there
                                                        FTPDoug (Director): I am, yes.
                                                        holdplz: talk to me please ?
                                                        holdplz: canceled?
                                                        holdplz: what?
                                                        holdplz: how can you possibly do that
                                                        FTPDoug (Director): We have to come down for maintenance.
                                                        holdplz: ....
                                                        holdplz: we're playing for 225k
                                                        THE UTE: we aren't aloud to finish play?
                                                        holdplz: and you're going to make us stop
                                                        holdplz: ?
                                                        holdplz: this simply cannot be
                                                        THE UTE: is this convo done in a couple min plz
                                                        holdplz: plz pause the tournament
                                                        THE UTE: this is insane, what do u guys want to do?
                                                        holdplz: do something
                                                        holdplz: wtf
                                                        FTPDoug (Director): I can probably hold it for a couple of minutes if you'd like to work on a deal that isn't a chip chop, but that's probably the best I can do.
                                                        holdplz: this is outrageous
                                                        THE UTE: wow, seems insane

1st: $225,000
                                                        2nd: $142,500
                                                        3rd: $105,500
                                                        It's all an illusion

Comment

Bus issue, our local 38A is going to add ~20 minutes to its journey fom next Monday by going through Blanchardstown village.
                                                          Contacted MFT Dr Leo as well, he's the one I least expect a reply from as he seems to be above that sort of parishpump stuff.

If you wanted Varadkar to take notice you should have said you were a journalist.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                            Be cool if you could put a poll in the middle of the thread. Would be very interested to see how many people on here have made moves to get out of Ireland in the short to medium term.

Also where they'd hope to land would be interesting
                                                            define 'moves to get out of Ireland'

I haven't gone as far as applying for visas but I've certainly made financial moves that would make it easier for me to do so.

As regards, where to go my wishlist would be Australia, NZ, Canada, USA in that order.

Likelihood of this happening is less than 5% in reality given family situation so would require total meltdown here to trigger it

Comment

Place isn't mental enough for the judgment to be too groundbreaking. You can sort of sense when something big is happening and it's pretty quiet to be honest.

Most likely they set down some general framework for NAMA to ensure it doesn't overstep the proportionality test and leave the fundamental framework as it currently stands.

That says, you never know what might happen. Knew you'd be interested.
                                                              I was right:

Originally posted by Supreme Court
                                                              In the light of the decision given by the Court, in its several judgments delivered today on the issue of fair procedures, the appellants (McKillen), in the event of NAMA proceeding to acquire any eligible assets related to them, will be entitled to be afforded an opportunity to make appropriate representations to it as indicated above. NAMA will be bound to take account of those representations. Following such a process borrowers in a position such as the appellants will be entitled to seek relief by way of Judicial Review if it is considered that the decision of NAMA has not been made in accordance with the terms of s.84, as interpreted by the judgments of the Court referred to, and there are no grounds for considering that the appellants would in any way be hindered or restricted in their ability to seek such relief from the Court in its capacity to pronounce on such an application.

The Court restricted them to a certain degree and punched a reasonable hole in NAMA as, until now, it had been totally opaque as an institution but the Court really went to town on the fair procedures element of the case and essentially made NAMA a lot more accountable to the Courts than it had been initially envisaged to be by the legislation.

Comment

define 'moves to get out of Ireland'

I haven't gone as far as applying for visas but I've certainly made financial moves that would make it easier for me to do so.

As regards, where to go my wishlist would be Australia, NZ, Canada, USA in that order.

Likelihood of this happening is less than 5% in reality given family situation so would require total meltdown here to trigger it
                                                                Well obviously people's mobility depends hugely on a lot of things. Family, mortgage, job etc.

But for the more mobile of us, the students just finishing up, the young underpaid pros that haven't bought a gaf or impregnated a femme yet (that we know of), those who could pretty easily "do what they do" in a different country. For those people, are there plans being made? visa interviews? Flights booked? Job offers? Language Classes being booked?

Comment

Originally posted by 72zero View Post
                                                                  Bito sickness going on on the $1k Monday FT atm...

1st: $225,000
                                                                  2nd: $142,500
                                                                  3rd: $105,500
                                                                  Cont'd...
                                                                  FWIW holdplz had the chip lead(~2.2M), THE UTE in 2nd(~1.4M) and Markus in 3rd(0.9M). $1mil in the prizepool and ICM offering ~$180k for 1st.

Spoilered cause they went on a bit...
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): doug
                                                                  Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): how is remaining prizepool divvied up
                                                                  Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): if tourney is cancelled
                                                                  holdplz: This just cannot possibly be. You cannot run multi entry 1k's and have a server restart that stops play 3 handed
                                                                  FTPDoug (Director): There's one other possibility I'm looking at.
                                                                  FTPDoug (Director): If you'd like to come back in an hour, we can play it out.
                                                                  Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): can you pause the tournament for 50 mins while maintenance is going on
                                                                  Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): to finish up?
                                                                  holdplz: FTP should give us like 5k each for this absurdity
                                                                  holdplz: this is LUDA
                                                                  FTPDoug (Director): Yeah, if all three of you want to do that we can do it.
                                                                  Dealer: Hand #29836573403
                                                                  Dealer: Markus OwnH has 15 seconds left to act
                                                                  Dealer: Markus OwnH has requested TIME
                                                                  holdplz: pause for 50 mins
                                                                  THE UTE: pause it now.. so we can talk
                                                                  FTPDoug (Director): It's paused at the end of the hand.
                                                                  Dealer: holdplz wins the pot (46,000)
                                                                  holdplz: ok
                                                                  holdplz: so
                                                                  THE UTE: alright so how is remaining prizepool divided up
                                                                  holdplz: uhh
                                                                  THE UTE: click deal button
                                                                  FTPDoug (Director): It's a chip chop if it gets cancelled. Or we can pause it and the three of you can play it out in an hour.
                                                                  holdplz: i think we're pausing and resuming later ?
                                                                  Markus OwnH: no way sry guys
                                                                  THE UTE: id like to see what chop numbers are
                                                                  Markus OwnH: was yesterday in berlin(EPT) and had only 3 hours of sleeping
                                                                  holdplz: this is so ludicrous
                                                                  holdplz: well markus
                                                                  holdplz: it
                                                                  holdplz: it's a MET 1k
                                                                  holdplz: dont play it if you cant stay awake
                                                                  holdplz: I have 0 desire to chop
                                                                  holdplz: I should not be forced to.
                                                                  THE UTE: lol, what are the chop numbers tho?
                                                                  holdplz: Not enough
                                                                  THE UTE: holdplz, &&%% is shutting down. u dont call the rules
                                                                  holdplz: lol
                                                                  holdplz: i cant just be forced into a chop
                                                                  THE UTE: seems like it
                                                                  THE UTE: lol
                                                                  Markus OwnH: gg
                                                                  THE UTE: we need to figure something out before its to late
                                                                  holdplz: i refuse, FTP u cant just shut it down when we're playing for 100k
                                                                  FTPDoug (Director): We do have to shut it down, I'm sorry about that.
                                                                  Markus OwnH: i dont want to play along in 50 minutes
                                                                  Markus OwnH: just deal according to tournament rules
                                                                  holdplz: take a nap markus
                                                                  holdplz: set an alarm
                                                                  Markus OwnH: [12:04:37] flooo_o_o: doug just make the deal
                                                                  THE UTE: ftp
                                                                  holdplz: This can't be real
                                                                  THE UTE: if this shuts down. is it resuming or chip chop?
                                                                  Markus OwnH: game over^^
                                                                  THE UTE: id like to know how much im getting if chip chop
                                                                  holdplz: And the deal window wont come up so i cant even see numbers
                                                                  holdplz: I refuse to accept ICM or chip chop or any numbers that that computer gives
                                                                  THE UTE: im going to freak if this shuts down and have no idea whats up
                                                                  FTPDoug (Director): All three have the deal checked?
                                                                  THE UTE: yes we do
                                                                  holdplz: no
                                                                  holdplz: the window wont even pop up
                                                                  THE UTE: 3/3
                                                                  holdplz: we all have it checked
                                                                  holdplz: there is no window
                                                                  FTPDoug (Director): I'm going to unpause to show the numbers if all three of you have the deal button checked.
                                                                  THE UTE: yes correct
                                                                  Dealer: The tournament clock is paused while players discuss a tournament deal.
                                                                  holdplz: 1000 million percent
                                                                  holdplz: not taking ICM
                                                                  FTPDoug (Director): So with a cancel it would be "Chip Ratio"
                                                                  THE UTE: Holdplz, seems we all have to agree on something
                                                                  holdplz: Why cant we just resume in 45 minutes ?
                                                                  Markus OwnH: no resume, game over
                                                                  THE UTE: bc for one, Markus does not want to
                                                                  holdplz: ok markus then give me 4k
                                                                  THE UTE: and therefor server will shut down and get chip ratio money
                                                                  holdplz: or
                                                                  holdplz: a tournament can finish how it's supposed to
                                                                  FTPDoug (Director): Sorry, I'm going to have to give a last call here. Either agree on a deal here within 2 minutes or I need to cancel the tournament so the maintenance can start. Very sorry about this.
                                                                  Markus OwnH: finish it now according to tournament rules
                                                                  holdplz: Doug how can i possibly be forced into doing this
                                                                  THE UTE: seems there is a deal forced in place if we dont agree
                                                                  holdplz: How can you have a 6 am server restart with a MET 1k ? How can I not just force them to resume in 45 minutes ?
                                                                  THE UTE: it is just stupid tho
                                                                  holdplz: If ew have the ability to finish the tournament why don't we
                                                                  FTPDoug (Director): We can discuss via email, but I do have to cancel the tournament now.
                                                                  Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): so it's chip chop
                                                                  Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): since tourney is cancelled
                                                                  THE UTE: Chip ratio
                                                                  Markus OwnH: ok gg
                                                                  THE UTE: ya seems like its a chip chop
                                                                  Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): gg well done all
                                                                  THE UTE: is that correct?
                                                                  FTPDoug (Director): We can discuss via email, but I do have to cancel the tournament now.
                                                                  It's all an illusion

Comment

Any one else having trouble getting into full tilt deposit option

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjSNrg7T0Wo[/ame]
                                                                      It's all an illusion

Comment

The Sun headline on Anglo - Irish Nationwide merger.....

BANKENSTEIN
                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Offered this bet at even money.

Nando to score tonight at any time for you. 90 mins/extra time/peno shootout included. Bet is void if he dosent score but manages to get an attempt on target. Loss otherwise. Rule is if he is on the pitch at any time the bet stands,even if its only 10 mins at the end. No play no bet.

Snap hand off?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                            Offered this bet at even money.

Nando to score tonight at any time for you. 90 mins/extra time/peno shootout included. Bet is void if he dosent score but manages to get an attempt on target. Loss otherwise. Rule is if he is on the pitch at any time the bet stands,even if its only 10 mins at the end. No play no bet.

Snap hand off?
                                                                            How could you not?

Your free rolling if he gets a shot on target!

Comment

Word of warning, before the Chelsea vs United first leg Nando only had 1 shot on target in all his games up to then for Chelsea. Still looks good but not *as* good as it seems.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Is a shot thats going on target but is blocked counted as a shot on target? Must be surely.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                  Word of warning, before the Chelsea vs United first leg Nando only had 1 shot on target in all his games up to then for Chelsea. Still looks good but not *as* good as it seems.
                                                                                  According to the Irish Times his drought stands at 648 minutes – 28 shots, 12 on target and no goals – as a Chelsea player.

That one shot on target ever 54 min. But this is Utd at home we are talking about. This aspect of the bet only chops it btw.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                    Have the special downloaded just now so will give it a shot soon, I have never really like Seinfeld either just never "got it" so that is one of the main reason why I never went near Curb.
                                                                                    I love Curb, but if you really didn't like Seinfeld chances are you wont love it it has to be said, while they're not all that similar there is quite a similar brand of humour evident in both, coming from Larry David obviously.

Saying that, Seinfeld is one of if not the best comedy shows ever made you freak only Arrested Development tops it for me

I'd definitely be taking that Torres bet fwiw, he's looking a bit sharper recently and chances are United will sit back and Chelsea will be forced to really go for it so you should see alot of shooting
                                                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                      Is a shot thats going on target but is blocked counted as a shot on target? Must be surely.
                                                                                      Nope, also shots that hit the posts aren't on target

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                        According to the Irish Times his drought stands at 648 minutes – 28 shots, 12 on target and no goals – as a Chelsea player.

That one shot on target ever 54 min. But this is Utd at home we are talking about. This aspect of the bet only chops it btw.
                                                                                        Before last weekends fixture he had 1 shot on target(not including blocks) in 416 mins in the prem and 2 in the champs league(201 mins) on target from the game against united last week. Chelsea will have to play more gung ho tonight which is a positive for you.
                                                                                        Last edited by The Situation; 12-04-11, 11:58.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                          Nope, also shots that hit the posts aren't on target

Obv the post isnt. I remember reading that Torres had 12 shots on target for Chelsea. Must be including blocked shots.

Comment

not unless they've implemented the death penalty for homosexuality, preaching other religious doctrines or having sex outside marriage (can't see the frogs going for that one)

but yeah, if you want to wander round in a tent looking like a creature from another planet, be my guest. Just don't explode at the same time.
                                                                                            Man you need to chill Muslims are people too! havent met a muslim i didn't like yet!

Not a fear of these guys doing anything about this, dry your eyes regarding the issue and have a big tall glass of manning up juice!

Originally posted by 72zero View Post
                                                                                            Cont'd...
                                                                                            FWIW holdplz had the chip lead(~2.2M), THE UTE in 2nd(~1.4M) and Markus in 3rd(0.9M). $1mil in the prizepool and ICM offering ~$180k for 1st.

Spoilered cause they went on a bit...
                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                            Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): doug
                                                                                            Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): how is remaining prizepool divvied up
                                                                                            Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): if tourney is cancelled
                                                                                            holdplz: This just cannot possibly be. You cannot run multi entry 1k's and have a server restart that stops play 3 handed
                                                                                            FTPDoug (Director): There's one other possibility I'm looking at.
                                                                                            FTPDoug (Director): If you'd like to come back in an hour, we can play it out.
                                                                                            Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): can you pause the tournament for 50 mins while maintenance is going on
                                                                                            Vivek Rajkumar (Observer): to finish up?
                                                                                            holdplz: FTP should give us like 5k each for this absurdity
                                                                                            holdplz: this is LUDA
                                                                                            FTPDoug (Director): Yeah, if all three of you want to do that we can do it.
                                                                                            Dealer: Hand #29836573403
                                                                                            Dealer: Markus OwnH has 15 seconds left to act
                                                                                            Dealer: Markus OwnH has requested TIME
                                                                                            holdplz: pause for 50 mins
                                                                                            THE UTE: pause it now.. so we can talk
                                                                                            FTPDoug (Director): It's paused at the end of the hand.
                                                                                            Dealer: holdplz wins the pot (46,000)
                                                                                            holdplz: ok
                                                                                            holdplz: so
                                                                                            THE UTE: alright so how is remaining prizepool divided up
                                                                                            holdplz: uhh
                                                                                            THE UTE: click deal button
                                                                                            FTPDoug (Director): It's a chip chop if it gets cancelled. Or we can pause it and the three of you can play it out in an hour.
                                                                                            holdplz: i think we're pausing and resuming later ?
                                                                                            Markus OwnH: no way sry guys
                                                                                            THE UTE: id like to see what chop numbers are
                                                                                            Markus OwnH: was yesterday in berlin(EPT) and had only 3 hours of sleeping
                                                                                            holdplz: this is so ludicrous
                                                                                            holdplz: well markus
                                                                                            holdplz: it
                                                                                            holdplz: it's a MET 1k
                                                                                            holdplz: dont play it if you cant stay awake
                                                                                            holdplz: I have 0 desire to chop
                                                                                            holdplz: I should not be forced to.
                                                                                            THE UTE: lol, what are the chop numbers tho?
                                                                                            holdplz: Not enough
                                                                                            THE UTE: holdplz, &&%% is shutting down. u dont call the rules
                                                                                            holdplz: i cant just be forced into a chop
                                                                                            THE UTE: seems like it
                                                                                            THE UTE: lol
                                                                                            Markus OwnH: gg
                                                                                            THE UTE: we need to figure something out before its to late
                                                                                            holdplz: i refuse, FTP u cant just shut it down when we're playing for 100k
                                                                                            FTPDoug (Director): We do have to shut it down, I'm sorry about that.
                                                                                            Markus OwnH: i dont want to play along in 50 minutes
                                                                                            Markus OwnH: just deal according to tournament rules
                                                                                            holdplz: take a nap markus
                                                                                            holdplz: set an alarm
                                                                                            Markus OwnH: [12:04:37] flooo_o_o: doug just make the deal
                                                                                            THE UTE: ftp
                                                                                            holdplz: This can't be real
                                                                                            THE UTE: if this shuts down. is it resuming or chip chop?
                                                                                            Markus OwnH: game over^^
                                                                                            THE UTE: id like to know how much im getting if chip chop
                                                                                            holdplz: And the deal window wont come up so i cant even see numbers
                                                                                            holdplz: I refuse to accept ICM or chip chop or any numbers that that computer gives
                                                                                            THE UTE: im going to freak if this shuts down and have no idea whats up
                                                                                            FTPDoug (Director): All three have the deal checked?
                                                                                            THE UTE: yes we do
                                                                                            holdplz: the window wont even pop up
                                                                                            THE UTE: 3/3
                                                                                            holdplz: we all have it checked
                                                                                            holdplz: there is no window
                                                                                            FTPDoug (Director): I'm going to unpause to show the numbers if all three of you have the deal button checked.
                                                                                            THE UTE: yes correct
                                                                                            Dealer: The tournament clock is paused while players discuss a tournament deal.
                                                                                            holdplz: 1000 million percent
                                                                                            holdplz: not taking ICM
                                                                                            FTPDoug (Director): So with a cancel it would be "Chip Ratio"
                                                                                            THE UTE: Holdplz, seems we all have to agree on something
                                                                                            holdplz: Why cant we just resume in 45 minutes ?
                                                                                            Markus OwnH: no resume, game over
                                                                                            THE UTE: bc for one, Markus does not want to
                                                                                            holdplz: ok markus then give me 4k
                                                                                            THE UTE: and therefor server will shut down and get chip ratio money
                                                                                            holdplz: or
                                                                                            holdplz: a tournament can finish how it's supposed to
                                                                                            FTPDoug (Director): Sorry, I'm going to have to give a last call here. Either agree on a deal here within 2 minutes or I need to cancel the tournament so the maintenance can start. Very sorry about this.
                                                                                            Markus OwnH: finish it now according to tournament rules
                                                                                            holdplz: Doug how can i possibly be forced into doing this
                                                                                            THE UTE: seems there is a deal forced in place if we dont agree
                                                                                            holdplz: How can you have a 6 am server restart with a MET 1k ? How can I not just force them to resume in 45 minutes ?
                                                                                            THE UTE: it is just stupid tho
                                                                                            holdplz: If ew have the ability to finish the tournament why don't we
                                                                                            How did this end up are they coming back to play in an hour???
                                                                                            Last edited by pgodkin; 12-04-11, 12:04.

Comment

Obv the post isnt. I remember reading that Torres had 12 shots on target for Chelsea. Must be including blocked shots.
                                                                                              Doubt it, doesn't make any sense to count blocked ones.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                Doubt it, doesn't make any sense to count blocked ones.
                                                                                                Was on bbcs update page for Saturdays fixtures. 28 shots including 12 on target iirc.

Comment

Was on bbcs update page for Saturdays fixtures. 28 shots including 12 on target iirc.
                                                                                                  some of those shots on target were more like back passes tbf
                                                                                                  48

Comment

Girlfriend is currently doing her dip and has been told by her principle (VEC school) that there's a possibility of no permanent jobs going for up to four years due to increased class sizes and government policy of having recently made redundant teachers first dibs on any new jobs.

Which means a possibility of moving abroad... still early stages as the principal is arguing that it doesn't/shouldn't apply to VEC schools, the organisation is waiting to hear back from the powers that be.

I'd love to move abroad for a while (but I think this is largely irrespective of the economy), could definitely see myself living in Chicago for a decent length of time, but open to most places really.
                                                                                                    As I'm currently completing the broadest of business masters (international business), it doesn't really set you up to walk into a set job. Best bets are graduate programs it seems, these can be quite annoying as you tend to go where they tell you...
                                                                                                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                                      Girlfriend is currently doing her dip and has been told by her principle (VEC school) that there's a possibility of no permanent jobs going for up to four years due to increased class sizes and government policy of having recently made redundant teachers first dibs on any new jobs.

Which means a possibility of moving abroad... still early stages as the principal is arguing that it doesn't/shouldn't apply to VEC schools, the organisation is waiting to hear back from the powers that be.

I'd love to move abroad for a while (but I think this is largely irrespective of the economy), could definitely see myself living in Chicago for a decent length of time, but open to most places really.
                                                                                                      As I'm currently completing the broadest of business masters (international business), it doesn't really set you up to walk into a set job. Best bets are graduate programs it seems, these can be quite annoying as you tend to go where they tell you...
                                                                                                      Siht wifey is going to do her Hdip this year coming! I honestly think they cant cut Education that much it's not like they throwing money into it to begin with!

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                                        Siht wifey is going to do her Hdip this year coming! I honestly think they cant cut Education that much it's not like they throwing money into it to begin with!
                                                                                                        Well in fairness she's currently doing her dip year and I think is already on 36k a year (It could be 34k, but I know its up there).
                                                                                                        While you might argue looking after brats for 9 months of the year is tough work, teaching certainly has its perks.

There is not a hope in hell that i'll be on 36k a year when I (hopefully) start a job when I've finished up this masters.

Also while your wife is doing her dip, you are going to have to put up with a very moany whiny person for a while. Just warning you in advance
                                                                                                        Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

more PS pay cuts are absolutely inevitable

teachers are probably one of the most overpaid sectors too

Comment

Not a fear of these guys doing anything about this, dry your eyes regarding the issue and have a big tall glass of manning up juice!
                                                                                                            FF said he was personally affected by this as well and was furious and would make what representations he could.

Labour seemed to have a shaky grasp of the issue and talked about how handy having all the buses going through Blanch village would be for anyone in Mulhuddart who wished to go to Superquinn.

Nothing from SP, though in fairness I think she has been co-opted to Strasborg to replace Comrade Joe.

Nothing from FG, either the councillor or Dr Leo.

So it looks like FF is my best hope. (I'm clearly fucked)

Comment

FF said he was personally affected by this as well and was furious and would make what representations he could.

Comment

Also the number of people trying to get into teaching seems to have rocketed so I expect competition is going to be fierce for jobs in the coming years. I know so many people who are doing a Hdip or have just finished it.

Opr

Comment

So it looks like FF is my best hope.
                                                                                                                  you should probably join your local cumann

report back here (with pictures obviously). I'm imagining something like this:

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    I saw that last night on her page and left her a wee message. That is just tragic James and good you out there with her.

I take it, it was very unexpected from the other comments?

My condolences to all the family.

Thanks Gillian, I saw that.
                                                                                                                    Yeah very unexpected, we still dont have C.O.D as coroners report went out with the body.
                                                                                                                    (I'm not sure but I think paperwork is needed by state pathologist's office to stamp or something)
                                                                                                                    I'm due to meet with Masseys et al today to discuss arrangements, times, etc etc
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

When you consider how many "extras" that some teachers can bring with them to a school, it makes the job market a really very tough place.

Consider one of my best friends, who's currently finishing a postgrad in Froebel for primary school teaching. From my line of thinking, he's an ideal candidate for about 80% of teaching positions available in the Leinster region.

Gaelgoir
                                                                                                                      Established Musician
                                                                                                                      Plays County Hurling and Football
                                                                                                                      Young Male

Regardless of his teaching abilities, there are schools absolutely crying out for "his kind" to come on board.

Comment

condolences to you and your Mrs, DP

Comment

Feel like a kid at christmas. Bring on the Chelski.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X