This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
    Soccer obviously, I wasn't serious about my f'off btw but don't understand the point you are trying to make. The FA and the media are reminding me of the Joe Duffy moral outrage brigade more and more.
    I can tell you foul and abusive language is a direct red card although it seems to be rarely enforced at the top level in England for some reason. That's a law of the game and you'll have to take it up with FIFA if you don't like it.

Rugby has the respect that the FA are desperate to get. Referee's are highly respected even if they are having a shocker. All races are respected. Gay players can come out without fear of a wave of abuse or intrusion. Theres no disgusting songs sung by the crowd. Home and away fans can freely mix and enjoy the game. It makes it a better sport to watch and enjoy.

Comment

lol jesus christ they pixelated his mouth
      Twas SSN that did the pixelation as they were showing it on the news, as well as bleeping it. The guardian pic is a screenshot from SSN.

Comment

Edit:

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        Twas SSN that did the pixelation as they were showing it on the news, as well as bleeping it. The guardian pic is a screenshot from SSN.
        Ah fair enough
        Last edited by sligoboi; 04-04-11, 17:12.
        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Aye I know that.
          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Breaking News: Rooney banned for 2 games for chewing bubblegum
            Originally posted by keane View Post
            http://mobro.co/zuroph
            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Maloney View Post
              Anyone know can u transfer person to person on moneybookers?
              yes

Comment

lol jesus christ they pixelated his mouth
                LOL! The fear of offending the Deaf/Hard of Hearing viewers?! They may as well pixelate the players faces/hands for every game(!)

Comment

The worst thing about this Rooney thing is I'm now going to have to keep hearing about what should have been an utter non story. Footballs gone mad, still easily better than egg chasing and culchie stick fighting though, obv...
                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                    yes
                    Cheers, ok anyone help me out here need 80 euro on moneybookers

Will ship 120$ on stars (vig included)

need asap if possible
                    ''Oh my god, I'm dropping shit like a pigeon
                    I hope you're listening, smacking babies at their christening''

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                        Rooney should have got three games. Foul and abusive language is a direct red card offense in the laws of the game, and should be strictly enforced - wouldn't take long for the players to cop on.
                        Pretty poor troll attempt, LL may give lessons if you ask nicely

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                          Pretty poor troll attempt, LL may give lessons if you ask nicely
                          Not trolling. How many millions were watching that match? How many impressionable kids were watching the match? Players shouldn't behave like that. Do the crime, do the time.

Comment

Personally I think Rooney should be banned for 20 games because I don't like him. That Hernandez lad should get 10 games as well for the craic.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                              I come from Tallaght, and my school didn't play rugby. As a teenager, Leinster Rugby meant nothing whatsoever to me. Munster sparked an interest and it stuck. I played rugby for Clondalkin Rugby Club and we couldn't get a game from established Dublin clubs. We always played teams from outside the pale, or friendlies against touring English clubs.

Leinster have tried to change perceptions over the past five or six years, but its core support and location base leave me cold.

Chips on the shoulder and all that.
                              Sorry Lloyd, though I get where you're coming from, that final statement couldn't be more retarded. Met Sean O'Brien from Tullow? Fergus McFadden from Kildare? Gordon D'Arcy from Wexford? Where are the chips on the shoulders of those guys who busted balls to get where they are?

The core feeder clubs and schools for rugby are the "posh schools", and that's not going to change. Obviously the sport has branched out in recent years, take a gander to the rugby forum on boards.ie and read about teams starting up all over the shop, but the "money and experience" is in the schools, and that's just how it is. It's not chip on the shoulder stuff, its simple and understandable stuff.

Keep an eye on the difference between the Leinster U19s and U20s teams year to year if you want further evidence of exactly the opposite of this "posh boys club" mentality that incorrectly is pandered about at every opportunity. U19s is dominated, and I mean dominated year on year by Schools players. They have two different sides, one is a Schools selection, and one is a clubs selection. Essentially though, they have an A team from the Schools, and a B team from the Schools and Clubs. This happens purely because schools have guys playing 3 days a week for 6 years at this stage, something that no club can ever manage to compete with.

U20s, they combine the two and the thing blows completely open. This is because the game starts to get more serious, and those guys who've managed to get sniffs of the action at younger ages in the clubs start to really challenge, and start getting their own work done.

Without the schools system in place though, we'd have absolutely no chance of having a decent academy (Best in Europe, undoubtedly), no chance of getting the fanbase increases year on year that we have seen. And no chance of having any form of competition close to the competitiveness of the Senior Cup.

For the fourth most popular sport in Ireland, I think the Leinster Branch, the team, the players and all those around it have brought the game further in the last 10 years than anyone could've hoped.

I remember being one of 2500 people in Donnybrook watching Warner and Spooner - two blow ins by all accounts, try to drag some spark into the Leinster team. That seems like a lifetime ago at this stage, the branch marketed the games better, at schools, at youths, discounting tickets, encouraging family tickets to be sold.

Chip on the Shoulder is exactly what has been noted from the Munster team in recent years, outrage that players outside of Munster are involved in the Irish team, jealousy at Leinster's success after being ahead of them all those years and a developing undercurrent of resentment to all other provinces. Munster have no god given right to be the best team in Ireland, and though they have been for years, the Chip on the Shoulder crowd can't understand it.

In essence, you couldn't be further from the mark if you tried.

Comment

Personally I think Rooney should be banned for 20 games because I don't like him. That Hernandez lad should get 10 games as well for the craic.
                                Gibson should definitely be banned for the rest of the season imo.

The ICC should be shot individually in the balls

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                  Not trolling. How many millions were watching that match? How many impressionable kids were watching the match? Players shouldn't behave like that. Do the crime, do the time.
                                  lol. Parent sues Rooney for teaching there child how to curse.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                    lol. Parent sues Rooney for teaching there child how to curse.
                                    More like children see idol cursing and behaving like a thug - teachers, police, shop staff, schoolboy referees etc see the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      Chip on the Shoulder is exactly what has been noted from the Munster team in recent years, outrage that players outside of Munster are involved in the Irish team, jealousy at Leinster's success after being ahead of them all those years and a developing undercurrent of resentment to all other provinces. Munster have no god given right to be the best team in Ireland, and though they have been for years, the Chip on the Shoulder crowd can't understand it.
                                      Agreed with everything but this, any game ive been to the aggro seems to flow more from leinster fans towards munster, not the other way. Perhaps its because we're both more aware of recieving but dont see the giving side.

All popular teams have idiot fans, some of them give the others a bad name. I had a chat with some leinster lads on the stairs leaving Thomond the other night asking them had they travelled just for the day etc, after a few minutes one of them remarked that he was fully expecting me to tear into him with slagging and abuse and was surprised when i was sound. Trust me, the ignorance you see from some munster fans is not present in the majority of us, and the "chip on the shoulder" shite is just an IRFU attempt to build a rivalry to increase sales. I sit in the season ticket section, and the fans around me applauded every Leinster play, respected every kick silence, and were friendly and chatty to the leinster fans around them.
                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

What's going down Kev? Have the associate nations been dumped out? Bit of a farcical decision if so...
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

I agree with that Zuroph, that's why I said undercurrent. Rugby still preserves a lot of the "old fashioned"ness about the game. Respect and the pint after the whistle with the opposition fans still rings true. Fans are almost peer pressured into behaving when in front of others at games etc, but get them in a pub, a few pints deep, and ask "the old guard" how they really feel about Leinster rugby, and Ulster and Connacht too actually, and you'll get the real story.

Obviously its ridiculous to tar an entire fanbase with the same brush, but I just couldn't believe that Lloyd said there was a fucking chip on Leinster's shoulders. It's like saying that Ireland were cocky after beating England in the cricket. While the shoe was exactly on the other foot, England felt they'd a god given right to win the game.

Comment

I agree with that Zuroph, that's why I said undercurrent. Rugby still preserves a lot of the "old fashioned"ness about the game. Respect and the pint after the whistle with the opposition fans still rings true. Fans are almost peer pressured into behaving when in front of others at games etc, but get them in a pub, a few pints deep, and ask "the old guard" how they really feel about Leinster rugby, and Ulster and Connacht too actually, and you'll get the real story.

Obviously its ridiculous to tar an entire fanbase with the same brush, but I just couldn't believe that Lloyd said there was a fucking chip on Leinster's shoulders. It's like saying that Ireland were cocky after beating England in the cricket. While the shoe was exactly on the other foot, England felt they'd a god given right to win the game.
                                            AFAIK lloyd said he had a chip on HIS shoulder about his experience of rugby growing up??
                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

This finally looks good

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzkk6qVmnqk&feature=player[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                AFAIK lloyd said he had a chip on HIS shoulder about his experience of rugby growing up??
                                                Originally posted by Lloyd
                                                Leinster have tried to change perceptions over the past five or six years, but its core support and location base leave me cold.

Chips on the shoulder and all that.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                  What's going down Kev? Have the associate nations been dumped out? Bit of a farcical decision if so...
                                                  Yep. They announced no qualifiers for the next world cup in 2015. Only 10 teams and only the full members. For 2019 its gonna be 10 but there will be qualifiers. Wont matter though cause by that stage Irish cricket will be all but dead.

A great chance to build on the good feeling of the last 2 World Cups gone due to the governing bodies complete incompetence. They must be the only international sport governing body that actively try to STOP the sport growing worldwide.

The reasons are that the tournament is too big and too many meaningless games. Thats not the Associate teams fault. Its the fucking way the thing s structured. Have 12 teams, 10 full members and 2 associate....2 groups of 6 with the top 2 going through to the semi finals. That would cut the length of the tournament and also with only 2 teams going through no meaningless games

Comment

still read it that way...
                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

still read it that way...
                                                      Personally didn't think it could be interpreted any other way than saying that the core support and player base all had chips on their shoulders.

If this is not what Lloyd meant, I might have pulled the trigger too fast with my post tearing his apart.

Comment

For Kev, RDIII and any of you other cricketeers

flintoff11 andrew flintoff
                                                        If it's true ireland are ranked 10 in ODI's , crazy that you qualify for the world cup by playing test cricket ! Or is it me ?

10 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

How are Ireland meant to progress . They've proved they can compete with the other larger cricket nations ICC wrong again !

22 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Terrible not having ireland in WC they enhanced the tournament I thought ! Did England get in ?
                                                        28 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
                                                        Is it true Ireland have been booted out of next cricket world cup ?

Comment

Techie question....

10 dolla on stars for whoever sorts this. My desktop on has IE and when I go to launch it it says Ie has encountered a problem and has to close. No idea why, what can I do?

Is there anyway to get firefox or something without going through IE? The Internet connect is fine....

Please note I'm computer illiterate....

Comment

4 players needed on PP for a Last chance saloon €20 feeder....starts 2 mins

Comment

lol at the debate though

"how could you dislike my team? PS I dislike your team"
                                                              "why?"
                                                              "because you hate us"
                                                              "but we dont"
                                                              "yes you do, you hate us because we hate you"
                                                              "so who hated who first?!"
                                                              "you"
                                                              "no you"
                                                              "your fans are idiots for hating us for hating you for hating us for hating you for..."
                                                              "no you"

TLDR Some people are idiots. I tolerate a lot of shit from leinster fans, and may crack a gag at their expense every now and again, the same as a lot of leinster fans tolerate a lot of shite from some Munster fans, and crack jokes at their expense. If there was no idiots, we'd all get on like a house on fire. As i saw in great amounts saturday night around Limerick City centre.
                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                Techie question....

10 dolla on stars for whoever sorts this. My desktop on has IE and when I go to launch it it says Ie has encountered a problem and has to close. No idea why, what can I do?

Is there anyway to get firefox or something without going through IE? The Internet connect is fine....

open My Computer, and type in the address bar www.getfirefox.com.

Might work, might not. Worth a shot though

Comment

Techie question....

happened to me before. If you have real player you can browse the internet. straight to google and install google chrome, no problems since
                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

lol at the debate though

"how could you dislike my team? PS I dislike your team"
                                                                    "why?"
                                                                    "because you hate us"
                                                                    "but we dont"
                                                                    "yes you do, you hate us because we hate you"
                                                                    "so who hated who first?!"
                                                                    "you"
                                                                    "no you"
                                                                    "your fans are idiots for hating us for hating you for hating us for hating you for..."
                                                                    "no you"

TLDR Some people are idiots. I tolerate a lot of shit from leinster fans, and may crack a gag at their expense every now and again, the same as a lot of leinster fans tolerate a lot of shite from some Munster fans, and crack jokes at their expense. If there was no idiots, we'd all get on like a house on fire. As i saw in great amounts saturday night around Limerick City centre.
                                                                    Sure as shit don't hate Munster. The analogy that I loved when I heard it was that they're like your younger brother, you want them to do their best, but the second they step out of line you crack them back into it.

Nobody's allowed beat them but you!

The only reason I highlighted the chip on the shoulder business was because it was so out of whack. It'd be like CHD saying that he hates Barcelona because they bought all their talent in.
                                                                    Last edited by Emmet; 04-04-11, 18:35.

Comment

What are my chnces of getting 2-4 Tickets to the leinster game on saturday at this late stage. Gonna be up in dublin on Sat and have never been at a top class rugger game. All gone on ticket master, any other avenues worth pursuing?

Comment

its probably some sort of addon that is crashing when internet explorer tries to load.

Go to control panel, then internet options, then programs. There is a bit at the bottom that mentions addons, disable them all see if it loads, then re enable them one by one. If it crashes again after loading one then you have found the culprit
                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Don't have Real player and that didn't work emmet.... Anything else?

Comment

download the installer on another computer, and USB key it, then install on your laptop?
                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Sure as shit don't hate Munster
                                                                              Never meant to imply you did either, just laughing at sports debate in general.
                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Do you have an e-mail address that runs into outlook / outlook express?

Get someone to e-mail you the installer for chrome if you do have it.

If you only use gmail / hotmail etc, this wont suit though

Comment

Internet options wont work either..... FML

I did try open IE without addons from the start menu and that didn't work...

Comment

That sounds ominous if control panel options arent working. What about a system restore?
                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Do you have an e-mail address that runs into outlook / outlook express?

Get someone to e-mail you the installer for chrome if you do have it.

If you only use gmail / hotmail etc, this wont suit though
                                                                                      "your Microsoft exchange server is unavailable" fuck this shit I'll just watch tele.....

Thanks for trying lads....

Comment

Never meant to imply you did either, just laughing at sports debate in general.
                                                                                        Are you helping out on Anthony's course this saturday Mike?

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                          Are you helping out on Anthony's course this saturday Mike?
                                                                                          Ah, you going? Im still debating whether I'd travel up or not but yeah, I think I will be there alright.
                                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

any kind soul want to help me out with a money tranfer?..ftp for stars...pm me if needed.tx

Comment

http://xtreamer.net/ultra/ BARGAIN! This looks the business as a barebones Home media PC build, I'm sorely tempted. Only thing thats stopping me is not being able to fully add Live tv the way I'd like to, but I may still get this and put it in bedroom,and stream the TV up from another PC that CAN take the TV input.
                                                                                              donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Ah, you going? Im still debating whether I'd travel up or not but yeah, I think I will be there alright.
                                                                                                90% sure i'm going, yeah.
                                                                                                Really looking forward to it but may have to dodge a bullet on the family front.
                                                                                                Got the details in an e-mail this morning.

I owe you a pint for all the advice

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                  That sounds ominous if control panel options arent working. What about a system restore?
                                                                                                  How do I do that?

Comment

Historically Leinster branch treated town clubs disgracefully. That began to end more than 20 years ago and is ancient history now. There are a few hardcore club people, bitter twisted types who remain ambivalent to Leinster but they are fools and there is great work going on bringing new schools and clubs up the level of the traditional schools.

Rugby is not Chavball and for Leinster people to 'support' a glamorous provincial side over the club that their local school or team is part of that their kids are playing towards is a complete misunderstanding of what the game is about. It degrades the community and social aspects that Rugby is struggling to preserve alongside the development of the professional game. It drags loyalty down to the retarded level of 'support' for English soccer teams that is based on nothing more than whichever club was doing well when a child becomes aware of soccer in the early years of school. There is, IMO, no difference between a Lunster and a born and bred Dubliner who brings out the Kilkenny Shirt for the big Hurling weekends and a Kerry jersey for the Big Football ones.
                                                                                                    The Lunster thing is I suppose understandable among fickle types attracted by bright shiny objects who have never really developed beyond third class in primary school. When Munster got off to a flying start in the professional era and the marketing men had the big budgets these type of people got carried away and confused buying products with community and loyalty.
                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Come on Donnelly Rigger

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                                                        90% sure i'm going, yeah.
                                                                                                        Really looking forward to it but may have to dodge a bullet on the family front.
                                                                                                        Got the details in an e-mail this morning.

I owe you a pint for all the advice
                                                                                                        excellent, hopefully i'll see ya there so. Gotta sort out some accom now.
                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

http://xtreamer.net/ultra/ BARGAIN! This looks the business as a barebones Home media PC build, I'm sorely tempted. Only thing thats stopping me is not being able to fully add Live tv the way I'd like to, but I may still get this and put it in bedroom,and stream the TV up from another PC that CAN take the TV input.
                                                                                                          Hmm think i need that in my life.

Was considering building one for ages but that looks very tempting.
                                                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Techie question....

what version of windows are you using?
                                                                                                            you can use explorer, not Iexplorer in older versions.

start your machine in safe mode and it'll work, or start control panel, internet options, disable 3rd party addons
                                                                                                            download malware bytes as you more than likely have some nasties
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

ok looking over the posts, start your machine in safe mode and then access as normal.
                                                                                                              Then get chrome/ff
                                                                                                              also get some antivirus
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

eoghan you gaylord, when are we having our night out?
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

THE CHIP IS ON MY SHOULDER

Jesus. I have issues because of MY background which is very distinct to your background, and I ain't for changing. Christ.
                                                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Sorry Lloyd, though I get where you're coming from, that final statement couldn't be more retarded. Met Sean O'Brien from Tullow? Fergus McFadden from Kildare? Gordon D'Arcy from Wexford? Where are the chips on the shoulders of those guys who busted balls to get where they are?

The core feeder clubs and schools for rugby are the "posh schools", and that's not going to change. Obviously the sport has branched out in recent years, take a gander to the rugby forum on boards.ie and read about teams starting up all over the shop, but the "money and experience" is in the schools, and that's just how it is. It's not chip on the shoulder stuff, its simple and understandable stuff.

Keep an eye on the difference between the Leinster U19s and U20s teams year to year if you want further evidence of exactly the opposite of this "posh boys club" mentality that incorrectly is pandered about at every opportunity. U19s is dominated, and I mean dominated year on year by Schools players. They have two different sides, one is a Schools selection, and one is a clubs selection. Essentially though, they have an A team from the Schools, and a B team from the Schools and Clubs. This happens purely because schools have guys playing 3 days a week for 6 years at this stage, something that no club can ever manage to compete with.

U20s, they combine the two and the thing blows completely open. This is because the game starts to get more serious, and those guys who've managed to get sniffs of the action at younger ages in the clubs start to really challenge, and start getting their own work done.

Without the schools system in place though, we'd have absolutely no chance of having a decent academy (Best in Europe, undoubtedly), no chance of getting the fanbase increases year on year that we have seen. And no chance of having any form of competition close to the competitiveness of the Senior Cup.

For the fourth most popular sport in Ireland, I think the Leinster Branch, the team, the players and all those around it have brought the game further in the last 10 years than anyone could've hoped.

I remember being one of 2500 people in Donnybrook watching Warner and Spooner - two blow ins by all accounts, try to drag some spark into the Leinster team. That seems like a lifetime ago at this stage, the branch marketed the games better, at schools, at youths, discounting tickets, encouraging family tickets to be sold.

In essence, you couldn't be further from the mark if you tried.
                                                                                                                    1) So some players play from Leinster who aren't from South Dublin? So - doesn't affect my issues.

2) Cool, but if you are a decent teenage athlete who doesn't go to those schools or associate with those who do you aren't going to feel anything towards the whole machine. It doesn't naturally represent you. Rugby does not automatically equal Leinster for me.

3) As I said originally, they made great strides over the past 10 years. But I was in school up to 10 years ago. Get it? When I was developing sporting allegiance Leinster was a badly supported entity stuffed with gutless players representative of a narrow slice of Dublin / Leinster society. As such, it did not appeal to me.

4) I watched a bunch of Irish, Munster and Leinster games this year with former Gonzaga / Blackrock lads. They HATE Munster just as much as I hate Leinster. Hate Munster players getting selected, will tell you O' Callagan and O' Connell aren't fit to lace Cullen's boots etc, etc. If you think the hate flows the one way you are deluded.

Ultimately, you haven't a fucking clue about my background, where my sense of identity comes from and what has honed it. Leinster did not represent me growing up. And now it's too late for people like me. The ship has sailed.

As I said above, when I played for Leinster Hockey, I felt extremely detached from the kids I played with. Different Dublin altogether. You can't change what I feel or where I come from. Sense of identity is not a rational subject.
                                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Saw these, and thought of ye...

[NSFW="Lots of Wenches"]

[/NSFW]

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd;
                                                                                                                        295599 O' Callagan and O' Connell aren't fit to lace Cullen's boots
                                                                                                                        A little bit harsh on POC

Comment

Munster sure as shit didn't represent you either...
                                                                                                                          Its confusing to say that you felt detached from a team that you were part of, yet attached to a team from another part of the country which had no fucking clue about your background either.

Also, I posted a response to Zuroph about the chip on the shoulder bit, obviously that was a case of wires crossed.

Fwiw, and without trying to sound harsh, its plain as fair weatherism to most of us. You have given plenty of reasons why Leinster isn't "your team", yet Munster is?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X