This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aodea View Post
    Llyod supports Munster for many reasons mainly cause he loves to be different. i dont even really like rugby but being a leinster fan is fun cause i get to act like a douchebag. As for saying Llyod is from southside im not sure. He is from Tallaght which in my opinion is it's own county and not a southside suburb.
    I'd agree here.
    Dublin West is NOT Dublin South and confusing the two could be dangerous
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I was only number (iii) on the MT list but my name was down since I was 4. I started school when I was 3 for whatever reason.
      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Morgan Stanley - investors should buy Irish sovereign risk, especially longer-dated bonds.

Comment

I was quite pissed off with the attitude of some of the Munster Fans who turned up in Edinburgh for the European Cup Final wearing Munster Shirts and were cheering Leicester .

There was one lad who I saw had the right attitude, on the front of his Leinster Jersy he had written

"Munster By The Grace Of God"

And on the back:

Attached Files
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

bitter little men Strewelly.

This is what I replied on boards to it

Originally posted by emmet02
            RE: The "Jersey" Issue

I think wearing Provincial Jerseys to Ireland games is fine, the Provinces are a subset of the national team.
            I think wearing Ireland Jerseys to Provincial matches is fine, showing that you're there to support Irish rugby.

But after the HEC in Edinburgh, I'll never advocate wearing a Provinical Jersey to a game that involves another province. It just doesn't make any sense, and causes undue hassle. The fans we met in Munster Jerseys in Edinburgh were most definitely the "fair weather" type, and hadn't a clue about anything really, but they were there to cause tension, and they said it themselves!

Unfortunately, quite a lot of the people I spoke to afterwards had similar stories about the Munster fans, even if they were taking the piss, it was in pretty poor taste.

Ultimately, I reckon someone turning up in a Munster Jersey on Saturday wouldn't be tarred and feathered, but everyone's going to paint that same picture of those annoying, drunken, bitter, "anti-Leinster" Munster fans that were in Edinburgh that day.

Tbh, just don't wear it. It's just not worth the hassle, and obviously if you had to ask that, you pretty much knew it.
            also, that photo is about 5mins from my place here.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
              I'd agree here.
              Dublin West is NOT Dublin South and confusing the two could be dangerous
              But people don't say Dublin North West, it's just all Norfside. How come we're dividing the south side just because of a clear class divide. I'm from Tallaght and consider myself a Southsider.

Although it's amazing how many ignorant country types assume Tallaght is north side just because of it's rep.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                You play the €320 Mega Package Dealio tonight?
                Yup,

Thought it was pretty soft overall. Got a bit shaky when my queens were no good against sevens at the mid way point but was left with enough to pull back

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                  But people don't say Dublin North West, it's just all Norfside. How come we're dividing the south side just because of a clear class divide. I'm from Tallaght and consider myself a Southsider.

Although it's amazing how many ignorant country types assume Tallaght is north side just because of it's rep.
                  For a complete bogger like myself who wouldn't have clue. What is the deal with Tallaghtfornia?

Likewise, people assume that I'd be at least 50% knackerish or with some kind of knackerish tendencies as I'm from Mullingar which is quite funny.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

There's over 100k people in Tallaght. Its fucking huge, its not on the southside/northside or Westside. Its just Tallaght

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                        Likewise, people assume that I'd be at least 50% knackerish or with some kind of knackerish tendencies as I'm from Mullingar which is quite funny.
                        You mean that is not the case??

Funny the amount of people in different parts of Ireland who think that Donegal is in Northern Ireland. I think people just assume that all of Ulster is in the UK when of course there are 3 counties that are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                          There's surely got to be something wrong in this plan that'll save you €50,000 in interest on a 30-year €300,000 mortgage by simply paying half the repayment amount twice a month instead of making monthly payments:

Haven't really thought about it that much, but it intuitively makes no sense. Would wiser minds care to comment?
                          paying every two weeks does not equal bi-monthly

it's 26 payments a year instead of 24
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Blanchardstown is Dublin West.

Comment

Would that be as ignorant as Dublin types assuming that country types should give a toss what part of Dublin some overgrown housing estate is located in

ooh and

How is your Leitrim/Mayo/Cavan/random backwater geography this weather?

Comment

Southsiders can group the northside together cause it all looks the same to us.

Comment

Comment

While I in essense agree, it's the people from these areas who do not want to be called Southsiders. I'm from Ballyfermot myself and while at this stage it doesnt bother , there was a certain amount of tribalism growing up and being seperate from 'da poshies' on the Southside was very important.
                                    In fairness somewhere like Blackrock or Dundrum are worlds away from Neilstown or Cherry Orchard.
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                      You mean that is not the case??

Funny the amount of people in different parts of Ireland who think that Donegal is in Northern Ireland. I think people just assume that all of Ulster is in the UK when of course there are 3 counties that are not.
                                      lol a good mate of mine from Donegal lived in Dublin for a couple of years for college and in first year, he kept being asked how did he get in to the course using the GSCEs and A levels. Pissed him off no end and the lads used to just sneer him as "Nordy" all the time.

Comment

Why is it so bad if somebody from Leinster follows Munster or vice versa?
                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

The article repeatedly mixes up bi monthly and every two weeks. Details having 26 payments of 500 vs 12 payments of 1000 at one stage too.

Regular payments reducing the Capital amount reduces the interest amount. Pretty basic stuff no?

Think they're overstating the effect though.

Comment

random fitness question

Pilates

yae or nae?

was just at a level where I was fit enough to get fit, had to stop for a bit

started again, steady state cardio is boring
                                            don't feel fit enough yet for High intensity stuff
                                            started weights again and going to start swimming

so is Pilates
                                            good?
                                            enjoyable?
                                            a nice change in the routine?

ta!

Comment

Comment

On a completely separate topic, I've got two boxes of birds-eye chicken fillets here, one plain and one spicey. The cooking instructions on the plain says 210 fan oven for 18-20 mins, but spicey says 210 fan for 25 mins. How can there be up to a seven minute difference just for a little added spice when they're exactly the same otherwise??
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Meant it's twice a month, rather than every two weeks. Exact same amount being paid every month. From the article:
                                                  there has to be some catch

otherwise daily mortgage payments would be the way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                    Pilates

yae or nae?

so is Pilates
                                                    good?
                                                    enjoyable?

ta!
                                                    I like it... Its good for the core muscles IMO; you won't sweat but your body will work better in other areas.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      there has to be some catch

otherwise daily mortgage payments would be the way to go!
                                                      The whole purpose of monthly payments was because most of us get paid monthly... if you get paid every 2 weeks, you should consider paying mortgage every 2 weeks - as you WILL pay less as the interest is calculated on a monthly basis. So for the 2/3 months a year that you are paid 3 times the interest saved will be substantial - as opposed to a monthly repayment.

Doubt if it would be as much as €50k in one year! More likely 50k over the lifetime of your mortgage...

Better still, win lotto and pay it off in one go, you'll save 100k's

Comment

Pilates

yae or nae?

so is Pilates
                                                        good?
                                                        enjoyable?

ta!
                                                        Finally, a replacement for Icky

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4[/ame]
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
                                                          The whole purpose of monthly payments was because most of us get paid monthly... if you get paid every 2 weeks, you should consider paying mortgage every 2 weeks - as you WILL pay less as the interest is calculated on a monthly basis. So for the 2/3 months a year that you are paid 3 times the interest saved will be substantial - as opposed to a monthly repayment.

Doubt if it would be as much as €50k in one year! More likely 50k over the lifetime of your mortgage...

Better still, win lotto and pay it off in one go, you'll save 100k's
                                                          he should really apply a NPV to get the true saving

50k makes a great headline but it's pretty meaningless in present value terms

anyway, he should really advise people to make massive savings by, eh, not paying at all. It's actually the advice that makes most sense for many recent purchasers.

Comment

They go on to talk about making extra payments allright, but the bit at the beginning is all about making huge savings by paying the exact same amount yet just splitting it into two payments a month.
                                                            Retardly simple version. I owe 12k

I pay 1k back a month, and pay .02% interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                              It really depends H2g2, if a RC school can fill it's intake with baptised children of good practicing catholics (hurr hurr) then it goes with that and can decline an application, but it really depends on the school board as to how it treats it's admissions. A good number of them won't care though.

Send them to an Educate together if there's one close to you and gets good results.
                                                              Just stay away from Dublin 15... the schools system here is fcuked! Never mind primary school chaos... Getting into secondary is LO bad! My daughter (JI) is attending a school that she was lucky to get a place because her brother was still attending at her enrolment, they filled their 4 classes from siblings and the small assigned catchment area alone. And I'm already fretting about her second level place as my son (in 1st year) will be long gone by the time she applies... Sibling rule only applies if the sibling is still in school at time of enrolment and we are now officially 'out' of the catchment area (as of this month! ) for Luttrellstown and Castleknock! I just have to start winning more at the pokers to pay for Kings Inn(!)
                                                              Last edited by Electra Blue; 04-04-11, 13:12. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                Retardly simple version. I owe 12k

I pay 1k back a month, and pay .02% interest.
                                                                Can you do another but put in repayment every 2nd week? ie 26 repayments

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Finally, a replacement for Icky
                                                                  ya I know

I'm just not sure which is the gay'er part, maybe you can help:

1. Considering doing an exercise to help an underling injury
                                                                  or
                                                                  2. Considering doing an exercise that could have me as the only bloke in a room of fit single women

I'm thinking "1"

now where did I leave my leg warmers

Comment

2. Considering doing an exercise that could have me as the only bloke in a room of fit single women
                                                                    Not necessarily single, probably fat women.
                                                                    On the plus side there will probably be other gay guys there.
                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

As ye're on spreadsheets - anyone give me a quick way of deleting every second line?

i.e. every second line in my shhet is blank, I'd like to just get rid of the blank lines...

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                        Not necessarily single, probably fat women.
                                                                        On the plus side there will probably be other gay guys there.
                                                                        You are a million miles off... I'm the 2nd biggest woman in my class and at a size 14/16 now - I'm not fat! Plus the instructor is a male, 100% hetro-male GTFO you haven't a clue what you are waffling about.

PS there are no gays either!

Comment

Can you do another but put in repayment every 2nd week? ie 26 repayments

Comment

My GF is currently working in a VEC primary school. From what I gather VEC are fairly similar to the educate together crowd. ie. multi denominational, with everyone doing world religions and also being separated to do teachings on their individual faiths.

I'm hugely impressed by the curriculum and facilities that exist in the school. Teachers are using computers and whiteboards and the teaching is very much geared towards getting the kids to find out solutions/possible answers to questions for themselves. A world apart from when I was starting school a little under two decades ago.

Also their are only two kids with irish parents in the class (about 18 in the class I think), again a world apart from when I was growing up, the only time I came across a foreign kid in primary school was when an american was in the class for a few months. We all thought he was the coolest kid ever cause he was black.

Also Raoul is the Mercy in Tuam not an all girls school? I think my mam and her sisters went their while all the brothers went to Jarlaths...
                                                                            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              As ye're on spreadsheets - anyone give me a quick way of deleting every second line?

i.e. every second line in my shhet is blank, I'd like to just get rid of the blank lines...
                                                                              Easy... hold Ctrl button and click all the rows you want to delete... then left click for drop down box and press delete. HTH?

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                Also Raoul is the Mercy in Tuam not an all girls school? I think my mam and her sisters went their while all the brothers went to Jarlaths...
                                                                                eh yeah, our kids have two parents though

(and I'm not from the Wesht either)

Comment

Easy... hold Ctrl button and click all the rows you want to delete... then left click for drop down box and press delete. HTH?
                                                                                  200 line document, but it looks like that's what I'm going to have to resort to alright

Comment

eh yeah, our kids have two parents though

(and I'm not from the Wesht either)
                                                                                    Bit of a wehst brit to be fair.

Comment

It's interesting to note though, that if Interest rates available at banks are higher than the Mortgage rate (if you've managed to get a ridic low Mortgage for some bizarre reason!), you're actually losing money by paying more regularly.

That spreadsheet is fully changeable if anyone wants it to consider their own finances btw.

Comment

Pilates

yae or nae?

so is Pilates
                                                                                        good?
                                                                                        enjoyable?

ta!
                                                                                        Pilates alone wont make you fit. You will get more flexible and develop a stronger core which will help prevent injuries.

Pretty sure any lad that does it outside a team session where "the manager is making me do it" is 100% bent though.

Comment

You are a million miles off... I\'m the 2nd biggest woman in my class and at a size 14/16 now - I\'m not fat! Plus the instructor is a male, 100% hetro-male GTFO you haven\'t a clue what you are waffling about.

PS there are no gays either!
                                                                                          Waffling.... how dare you!

97 per cent of women think that a size 12 figure is “fat”.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                            Waffling.... how dare you!

97 per cent of women think that a size 12 figure is “fat”.
                                                                                            http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/l...cle1582549.ece
                                                                                            how big is a size 12 for those of us that dont know - obv (hot) pics or GTFO

Comment

200 line document, but it looks like that's what I'm going to have to resort to alright
                                                                                              That was actually far quicker and less painful than expected

Comment

That was actually far quicker and less painful than expected
                                                                                                You could just have sorted it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                  You could just have sorted it.
                                                                                                  Details?

Comment

...

Comment

Just seen as it was brought up!; is religion important to get into a good school, or are most schools non-religious at this stage? We weren't going to go down the random superstitions route at all, unless its going to exclude the kid from good schools.

Know there are the Educate-Together schools that are non religious, but remember from the sister's form to go to King's Hospital it gave a list of preferences along the lines of:

1. Very very protestant
                                                                                                      2. Very protestant
                                                                                                      3. Protestant, but willing to become very very protestant

followed by a cursory; 'meh we might accept one or two others'
                                                                                                      I am not a big fan of the Educate Together schools. I don't like that the one here has no uniform which means the whole fashion/brand thing comes into play.

I am not sure about schools in Dublin but my friend has her son at a local RC school and he isn't catholic. Her husband is but the child was not baptised a catholic and he gets taught the same as the other kids but obv wont do communion things.

I really don't see why there should be so many RC schools. Education should be taught the same in every school with a system for teaching children who are catholic and doing their communions. I went to a non-denom school even although I am catholic.

The whole system needs to be rehashed and take the emphasis out of religion and back into teaching kids whats important. I also disagree with the amount of Irish that is taught as my daughter spends 2 hours a day on it and hates it as does the rest of the children in her class. (4th class)

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                      lol a good mate of mine from Donegal lived in Dublin for a couple of years for college and in first year, he kept being asked how did he get in to the course using the GSCEs and A levels. Pissed him off no end and the lads used to just sneer him as "Nordy" all the time.
                                                                                                      I get that sort of shit all the time and asking if its sterling we use

Are people incapable of looking at a fkn map? or did they not listen when getting taught at school.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

Comment

Anyone familiar with the Scottish writer Tony Black?

Did some work for him recently and he gave me a signed copy of "Long Time Dead" today.

Sound bloke too.

Comment

Mate just had a €355k rejected on this place, looks like it sold for €370k. It's only on the market 2 weeks

Find Property For Sale in Ireland from all leading estate agents on the largest property listing site in Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                              I would be a large 12!!!!
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

If it were Halloween, you'd be Michelle BatNav.
                                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  The first rule of fashion – that vertical stripes flatter the figure plus if she stood facing the camera she would probably be as wide as a bus.

Comment

It depends a lot on the girl's height obv.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                      Mate just had a €355k rejected on this place, looks like it sold for €370k. It's only on the market 2 weeks

http://www.daft.ie/searchsale.daft?id=583022
                                                                                                                      OMG how expensive is property there. My own house was a good 150K cheaper. What would I get in Dublin if we were to move down. A 1 bed flat?

Comment

where will Munster be?
                                                                                                                        I'll be in the pub cheering Leinster on. In spite of childish shite like this.
                                                                                                                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

It depends a lot on the girl's height obv.
                                                                                                                          5 Feet 8 inches!
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X