X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caf View Post
    This one is working.
    do i have to download the veetle link?it safe?

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
      Well, firstly, what my friend told me about his sister being asked by one of his crew what she was thinking of seems kinda strange. I usually wouldn't believe those type of stories, but I don't think she'd lie about something stupid like that. I do realise he obviously has the ability do do these tricks, but maybe he sometimes plays it safe and cheats a little to avoid getting it wrong.
      On the Late Late show, I just thought it looked really fake with the two nurses. Their reactions to him guessing the people they were thinking of and the guy slapping him in the face just seemed really OTT. Did you see it yourself? What did you think of it? I know you're in the business yourself, so maybe you have a different perspective on it.
      Considering he is not psychic, and the fact noone can prove to be psychic all that show proves it it is a trick, for it to be a trick there has to be ingredients, be it inside info or whatever it is still a trick, impressive, yes, real, as in can he read minds ? gtfo.

Do we give tell tale signs away when questioned and a trained magician ( not sure what you would call him) can pick up on them ? of course, that gimmick on the late late was just that, he did not seem to question them for them to give stuff away subconciously, yet he guessed the names of dead people, since psychic ability is a no go, bullshit...QED.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
        Ugh, I posted a very long response to this but it didn't last.

I worked in Velvet once, back in the day of it being very exclusive and over 23s. Mainly because I worked in Envy and after a lot of persuasion I got stung to work! It sucked!
        lol,, i used to do the visuals/lighting in there

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
          do i have to download the veetle link?it safe?
          I think you do. Ye I'd say it's safe. Had a pop up that said it was approved by McAfee security so that was good enough for me, well that and the fact that others were watching it on there so must have downloaded it too.

Comment

Awaydays - how can a film ostensibly about football hooliganism be so lip bitingly insipid? You know a film is transcendentally boring when you fire up 4 Omaha tables half way through and it still manages to bore you.

Comment

I think you do. Ye I'd say it's safe. Had a pop up that said it was approved by McAfee security so that was good enough for me, well that and the fact that others were watching it on there so must have downloaded it too.
              i just clicked on it and it came on straight away,

i must have stuff downloaded from another time.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnitekowby View Post
                lol,, i used to do the visuals/lighting in there
                Velvet or Envy? If the latter I probably knew you as I did 9 months in there after I turned 18. Also C Kid knows Trolley so ye probably know each other.

Did you get sorted from what you were on to me the other night. Go onto facebook chat if you don't want to talk about it here
                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

When his pulse disappeared completely the male nurse slapped his face, trying to get him to come around again. Just seemed really funny and OTT.. I mean, he knows that he's onstage with a magician/whatever who is making his pulse disappear. It was hardly a shock!
                  Yeah, I know that he could have most people in his act preconditioned so that they're effectively stooges themselves and it's a lot easier to do that than to pay stooges and risk it getting out that his act is fake, it was more the nurses reactions than anything else that looked staged. Obviously Keith's reaction when he came around looked really hammed up too, but that's because he actually was faking it.
                  I've never really been too blown away by what he does, probably because I've seen David Blaine do a lot of it before him.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                    When his pulse disappeared completely the male nurse slapped his face, trying to get him to come around again. Just seemed really funny and OTT.. I mean, he knows that he's onstage with a magician/whatever who is making his pulse disappear. It was hardly a shock!
                    Yeah, I know that he could have most people in his act preconditioned so that they're effectively stooges themselves and it's a lot easier to do that than to pay stooges and risk it getting out that his act is fake, it was more the nurses reactions than anything else that looked staged. Obviously Keith's reaction when he came around looked really hammed up too, but that's because he actually was faking it.
                    I've never really been too blown away by what he does, probably because I've seen David Blaine do a lot of it before him.
                    lol, he slaps him? silly stuff. maybe he's a stooge then, cos his grans name was much more random than what he guessed with the woman. I dont know why he would use a stooge though, no need, unless he just wanted the slap to try build more conversation about it after. Id be dubious that he did use a a stooge though.

He has good stuff and bad stuff, but as a working performer, he needs to have a huge amount of effects to turn out new shows. some of that stuff is bound to be duds then, i mean he has a full tour a year at the moment.
                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

This could be awesome. Stone Cold guest ref.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                        Awaydays - how can a film ostensibly about football hooliganism be so lip bitingly insipid? You know a film is transcendentally boring when you fire up 4 Omaha tables half way through and it still manages to bore you.
                        It would be so much easier dude to give an imbd link than put what you said through a laymans translater...
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Just watched the clip, the most embarrassingly obvious stooges you will ever see. Barry cues the male nurse with a head scratch to start to react with "Jesus Christ" to the grandmother thing, it's funny because the starts to react after the head scratch cue but before he starts to say about the grandmother, fluffing his "Jesus Christ" of amazement before Barry has even got to mentioning a name.

Get better acting stooges imo.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                            It would be so much easier dude to give an imbd link than put what you said through a laymans translater...
                            Awaydays: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1137436/

Please don't anybody watch it. Ever.

Comment

Velvet or Envy? If the latter I probably knew you as I did 9 months in there after I turned 18. Also C Kid knows Trolley so ye probably know each other.

Did you get sorted from what you were on to me the other night. Go onto facebook chat if you don't want to talk about it here
                              ya all good,
                              was in velvet, know c kid alrite, have other mutual pals

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

ya all good,
                                  was in velvet, know c kid alrite, have other mutual pals
                                  Cool beans
                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

man cole is terrible in the ring.
                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

JR rocks tbf!
                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Check out Southwest Airlines. Iirc it was started by a retired Texas solicitor. Now it's probably no where near the scale of Ryanair obv but I found them very interesting while studying the low-cost airline industry in college.
                                        Pretty sure its a lot bigger than Ryanair, maybe twice the size
                                        Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                        I just took a quick flick through it there to see what people were talking about. the nurse thing is fairly standard trick, and the name reveals have just gotten easier and easier to arrange these days. whats the face slap? I didnt see that bit. theres several ways i'd achieve the trick he did with Ryan and eiffel tower too.
                                        The nurse trick is pretty famous from Tommy Cooper doing it. But I was under the impression that it involved a tennis ball or similar

Comment

surving in the mill

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 215 Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds 400 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t229558)
                                          UTG (t34494)
                                          UTG+1 (t15934)
                                          MP1 (t43962)
                                          MP2 (t142837)
                                          MP3 (t26616)
                                          CO (t192842)
                                          Button (t106100)
                                          Hero (SB) (t53048)

Hero's M: 5.53

Preflop: Hero is SB with K, K
                                          5 folds, CO bets t8200, 1 fold, Hero raises to t52648 (All-In), 1 fold, CO calls t44448

Flop: (t112896) Q, 3, 8 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Turn: (t112896) 10 (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: (t112896) 2 (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: t112896
                                          Main pot: t112896 between CO and Hero, won by Hero

Results:
                                          Hero had K, K (one pair, Kings).
                                          CO had A, J (high card, Ace).
                                          Outcome: Hero won t112896
                                          One of these days I am either going to quit poker or learn how to play the damn game

Comment

Just watching Louis...lauren is well hot !!!
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                Pretty sure its a lot bigger than Ryanair, maybe twice the size
                                                Ha! That's gas. I spent a good while looking into it too. Good job the lecturer didn't know that, I did pretty well in that report!

Comment

dam linkage fails just b4 undertakers entrance

Comment

Comment

dam linkage fails just b4 undertakers entrance
                                                      Still good here..

Edit: The man in black rocks!
                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                        Yeah that site + PS3 or similar kind of set up makes sports channels redundant. Certainly ESPN and Setanta anyway.
                                                        Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                        +1.

Would be lost without that site. A must for sport fans really.
                                                        I hope this doesn't sound like a silly question, but does it show the GAA/rugby on setanta?

Comment

Anyone laying Taker?
                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

dont know anything about the wrestling(never had skysports) but will the rock be back on?!!

Comment

Ship the Irish Open ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                dont know anything about the wrestling(never had skysports) but will the rock be back on?!!
                                                                ya he'll def be popping up again

Comment

LOL Wrestling
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

ur feed stuttering boi?

Comment

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

ur feed stuttering boi?
                                                                        yup..found this further back the thread

Magic TV turns feature films, short films, web series, and standalone music videos into visuals that mesmerize, convince & touch your soul.
                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                          Ship the Irish Open ticket.
                                                                          You play the €320 Mega Package Dealio tonight?
                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

crappy finish there for a no holds barred match

Comment

crappy finish there for a no holds barred match
                                                                              Yup. 19 and ugh

No skill to what they do
                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

snookimania
                                                                                EDIT: stream down!

Comment

just remembered this chk it out boi, snap i took of seamus at the mcr centre in town years back pre wwe days, laying it down on robert cullens ring annoncers desk
                                                                                  Attached Files
                                                                                  Last edited by Midnitekowby; 04-04-11, 02:25.

Comment

lol really? that's mad! When was that?

the main/only memory I have of Robert Cullen is of the Bolivian fella who was first team when I was in there taking the piss of him when he scored by taking the ball and sticking it up his shirt after he scored..classy celebration!

I don't know if you ever played ball but we have a kick-about on wednesday evenings if you want something to do..ship me a mail on facebook if you want to. GLGL
                                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

WTF prayer intro for cena?!
                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

lol really? that's mad! When was that?

the main/only memory I have of Robert Cullen is of the Bolivian fella who was first team when I was in there taking the piss of him when he scored by taking the ball and sticking it up his shirt after he scored..classy celebration!

I don't know if you ever played ball but we have a kick-about on wednesday evenings if you want something to do..ship me a mail on facebook if you want to. GLGL
                                                                                        April 2006, more snaps o the show and other stuffs herehttp://www.pbase.com/turferino/april

used to do nething but play footie growin up, outta it 10 years or so now(dodgy knees) so wouldnt be in great shape at all, where ye play?
                                                                                        Attached Files

Comment

April 2006, more snaps o the show and other stuffs herehttp://www.pbase.com/turferino/april

used to do nething but play footie growin up, outta it 10 years or so now(dodgy knees) so wouldnt be in great shape at all, where ye play?
                                                                                          Don't know where you live in Strandhill or how long you've been out here but the easiest way to describe is you know the caravan park? To the left of the entrance to that there's a football pitch obv and beside that there's a little astro turf pitch. It;s only new and it's where the old tennis courts used to be.

Re: not being able to play , it's disguised as the Strand Celtic Reserves training but afaik around 3 of the 14/16 who play on the wed actually play on the weekend. It ends up being just a kick about so all are welcome at this stage

Edit: Still trying to think of the Bolivian fella's name..it's all the more embarrassing because I was actually quite good mates with him..oops
                                                                                          Last edited by sligoboi; 04-04-11, 02:46.
                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

rubbish rubbish rubbish.

good night.
                                                                                            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                              rubbish rubbish rubbish.

good night.
                                                                                              agreed real disappointing show

Comment

Ugh I should really stop skyping people who are in nicer places than I am..
                                                                                                Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                  It is amazing that those Westboro Baptist Church crowd haven't been fire-bombed out of it at this stage...I wonder do they have police protection all the time, or only during their demonstrations? America is some country, the fact that such people get to enjoy all the benefits of the first amendment, in most other western countries they wouldn't have a hope of being able to air their views unhindered.
                                                                                                  It is clearly superior for society to tolerate such a voice than to physically / legally prevent it saying what it wants to.
                                                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Seen Inception at the weekend
                                                                                                    Was pretty tired, but fk me that was confusing
                                                                                                    I think I need to read a cliffs on it tbh

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                      Seen Inception at the weekend
                                                                                                      Was pretty tired, but fk me that was confusing
                                                                                                      I think I need to read a cliffs on it tbh
                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

= pretty much my reaction to it

Comment

And people wonder why I love Italian football.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxA_KgffY4U"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxA_KgffY4U[/ame]

Comment

You are into crazy old men watching Milan?

Comment

nice bit of god mode

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
                                                                                                              PL Omaha $10(BB) Replayer
                                                                                                              SB ($1,856)
                                                                                                              BB ($1,000)
                                                                                                              CO ($5,413)
                                                                                                              Hero ($7,234)

Dealt to Hero 2:club: K:spade: K:club: 4:spade:

CO raises to $35, Hero raises to $110, SB calls $105, BB raises to $475, CO calls $440, Hero raises to $2,010, fold, BB calls $525 (AI), CO calls $1,535

FLOP ($5,130) Q:heart: J:diamond: 4:club:

CO bets $3,403 (AI), Hero calls $3,403

TURN ($11,936) Q:heart: J:diamond: 4:club: 5:club:

RIVER ($11,936) Q:heart: J:diamond: 4:club: 5:club: 8:club:

BB shows A:diamond: 6:heart: A:spade: 8:heart:
                                                                                                              (Pre 47%, Flop 30.8%, Turn 36.1%)

CO shows Q:spade: T:diamond: K:heart: 8:spade:
                                                                                                              (Pre 22%, Flop 44.6%, Turn 22.2%)

Hero shows 2:club: K:spade: K:club: 4:spade:
                                                                                                              (Pre 31%, Flop 24.6%, Turn 41.7%)

Hero wins $11,933

Comment

Well I must say its great to be fresh on a monday morning!!!!

Feel great, all revved up for the €44 FO tonight!!!!!!
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                  sigh....... IO Mega Sat. Folded to SB who jams with A2, I call in the BB with A9. gg 2 on the flop. Gone in 70th. fml.
                                                                                                                  Was knocked out a few places before you, lost a race. Very frustrating game for me, never got above average stack the whole time, was just around half average for most of it. Just card dead the whole time. Super satellites are really so painful to play. I've no idea how anyone can play them as their daily grind.

Comment

FFS, websense seem to have cottoned on to my personal proxy and have started blocking it. I can still get in, in a round about way, but it's just a question of time before it's blocked for good. it's also kind of a scary block (URL filtering?) with a lot of data and a direct link to my IT department. looks like it's bye bye IPB and boards. Fuck me days are going to be long and boring.

Anyone knows if websense send this kind of stuff to your organisations IT team? i wonder if i'll get called up/given a warning/sacked for deliberately bypassing websense? I blame it all on wombatman!!! :-))

insert youtube <the doors: The end>

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                      Decided on Mulligans Poolbeg st, fantastic creamy pints, no sign of ElStunt tho'

Serious drunken SE spunkage being considered right now
                                                                                                                      you have lost your mojo imo
                                                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                        yea - painful existence. we were on the same table a few times last night. I already bubbled a ticket a while back. Finished 3rd with 2 tickets having had nearly half the chips when we got 3 handed before everything went pear shaped.

TBH I am very indifferent about playing the event, thought I would want to play it more than I actually do, especially since Liam Flood put his foot down to insist on a 20k starting stack. I think I would rather play cash games and the PLO Tournament for the weekend.
                                                                                                                        really? I thought he was the one that stopped it from being a 20k stack event for ages?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          LOLLloyd

Munster were a beaten docket at half time, they just about got it up for the second half but it was all heart with loads of directionless flailing about that wouldn't have amounted to anything without an astonishing performance from a terrible ref. And fair play to ROG for nailing the pressure kick its nice for Ireland that the oul lad can still kick, even if he hes not up for much else so we can have a good kicker on the bench.

Unless Munster get their act together soon Lloyd will have two teams in red that he can post pictures of ancient memories everytime they win a meaningless match on their own fucking terms.

you going to the Aviva on Saturday sp?
                                                                                                                          I'll be there to watch the cream of Europe's elite clubs in action in the world's leading competition

where will Munster be?
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X