This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
    really? I thought he was the one that stopped it from being a 20k stack event for ages?
    Ah Tony don't make it that easy.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      you going to the Aviva on Saturday sp?
      I'll be there to watch the cream of Europe's elite clubs in action in the world's leading competition

where will Munster be?
      I thought it was an entirely predictable result on Saturday and on balance a good result for Irish rugby. Leinster will play better on Saturday then if they'd cantered to the easy win that seemed likely at half time. Sickened for O'Connell.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I'll be there to watch the cream of Europe's elite clubs in action in the world's leading competition

where will Munster be?
        50/50 Non Rugby obsessed Son home for the weekend so maybe I'll stick to the TV.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            50/50 Non Rugby obsessed Son home for the weekend so maybe I'll stick to the TV.
            Kids

I'm heading along myself for €35. Not bad value. I just hope Healy and a few others manage to get some rest over the next few days.

Also I'm wondering about playing McFadden ahead of Luke.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
              yea - painful existence. we were on the same table a few times last night. I already bubbled a ticket a while back. Finished 3rd with 2 tickets having had nearly half the chips when we got 3 handed before everything went pear shaped.

TBH I am very indifferent about playing the event, thought I would want to play it more than I actually do, especially since Liam Flood put his foot down to insist on a 20k starting stack. I think I would rather play cash games and the PLO Tournament for the weekend.
              That was another thing that annoyed the hell out of me last night, I played on 6 different tables. I kept getting moved very very often, really annoying. I had built up a serious tight image on most of my tables and when I was just starting to be able to get some steals/3bets through I would get moved again.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post

Form choice and likely to stand up better to the armoured tank division that pass for a Leicester defence.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                  Just about to watch the final ever episode of Friday Night Lights now. What a fucking show. I see on NBC site you can get East Dillon Lions hoody, think ill have to get that. It can go alongside my purple Dream Team jersey from the Sky 1 days
                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I'm getting a bit tired of hearing commentators raving about what 'great trailers' Fitzgerald is running. If they're so feckin' great, why does no-one ever put him in the gap? It's not like he's playing with a bunch of clueless donks a la the Munster three-quarters
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

where will Munster be?
                      I thought it was an entirely predictable result on Saturday and on balance a good result for Irish rugby. Leinster will play better on Saturday then if they'd cantered to the easy win that seemed likely at half time. Sickened for O'Connell.
                      Going myself on Sat. Not a big rugby fan tbh (and from Munster !!) but crew going from the local and I got dragged along. First time in Aviva so looking forward to seeing it.

Anyone got a good bet for the match so that I can sweat something while watching?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                        Going myself on Sat. Not a big rugby fan tbh (and from Munster !!) but crew going from the local and I got dragged along. First time in Aviva so looking forward to seeing it.

Anyone got a good bet for the match so that I can sweat something while watching?
                        Gyan to score 2 goals at 22/1
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

Just bet Leinster straight and you'll have a sweat until the end.

You could also take nacewa for a try anytime as an excellent chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                            Gyan to score 2 goals at 22/1
                            LOL. Ever or in one match

Comment

This week/weekend looks like the sickest sporting one in a long time. Champions league, The Masters, Aintree Fest, Heineken Cup, El Classico... Better get some fresh air today

Also Kev add a couple more sports to the thread title imo.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

I'm getting a bit tired of hearing commentators raving about what 'great trailers' Fitzgerald is running. If they're so feckin' great, why does no-one ever put him in the gap? It's not like he's playing with a bunch of clueless donks a la the Munster three-quarters
                                Ryle nugent has gotten too close to certain players. His bias to certain munster and Leinster established players is a bit if a shame. Trailer runs for backs is up there with great unseen work at the ruck for forwards!

Comment

Ryle nugent has gotten too close to certain players. His bias to certain munster and Leinster established players is a bit if a shame. Trailer runs for backs is up there with great unseen work at the ruck for forwards!
                                  Mick O'Driscoll\Donncha O'Callaghan speciality

Comment

Can someone give me cliffs on Wrestlemania please? Mainly interested in the Rock's involvement to be honest.

Also, when did Lloyd turn into such a clown? I remember when he used to be a good poster back in the day, does anyone else?

Fair play to Munster on Saturday, they probably just about deserved it, I wish them all the best in the Amlin...... losers.

Comment

Don't think Fitz is back anywhere near full steam tbh, not sure he'll play this weekend. Hasn't looked anything like pre-injury Luke, which is completely to be expected really. McFadden and Horgan might well take the wings against the Leicester Lumps...

Comment

Munster/Leinster fans are so lame

Comment

Just read on breakingnews.ie that Obama has launched his bid for reelection.
                                          Barack Obama has officially launched his campaign for re-election as the President of the United States of America.

At the bottom of the article it says the campaign website is www.obama2012.com, this relinks you to a google search for "barak obama"...
                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Thats because breakingnews.ie is a joke...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                              Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                              Leinster fans are so lame
                                              fyp
                                              Can you be from the southwesternmost corner of the Offaly backwoods and still qualify as a Lunster Doesn't do a lot for the aspirations towards being a D4 Sophisticate

OK, your Ninja edit will gain you readmittance to Hartigans
                                              Last edited by Strewelpeter; 04-04-11, 10:38.

Comment

more people in the bogger counties of Leinster would support the rugby team if they didnt have such a pretentious following from all the wankers in south dublin...

SPOILER

Comment

Pool-United fans are way more retarded than the D4 versus farmer debate.

I commented on a mates FB status when he said Evans tackle on S.Holden was a disgrace/bad etc,etc.
                                                  All I said was so was Carraghers on Nani(I was dangling) and all hell broke loose. People saying United were only good because of ref's decisons having a massive influence over the past few years. Also saying Arsenal and Chelsea suffer an inordinate amount of bad calls from refs over the last few years.

Its too easy to get idiot fans wound up.

Comment

more people in the bogger counties of Leinster would support the rugby team if they didnt have such a pretentious following from all the wankers in south dublin...

SPOILER
                                                    Ah but its our south dublin attitude that makes us not want bogger fans.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                      I doubt they lose too much sleep over not having people going to the matches with han sandwiches and a lucozade bottle of milk for the tae!

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                        Ah but its our south dublin attitude that makes us not want bogger fans.
                                                        V for Vendetta is bigger and more violent than you

be careful what you say

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                          I doubt they lose too much sleep over not having people going to the matches with han sandwiches and a lucozade bottle of milk for the tae!
                                                          and a transistor radio held to the ear so that they can get the crucial details of Junior B county championship games. I always thought that was an urban legend until I was taken to my first ever Connacht SC game; ground was full of them.

Comment

Myself and V are boggers, Emmett is from Wickla I think and Raoul is even less qualified being a Northsider.
                                                            Lloyd the resident Lunster is of course a Southsider.
                                                            QED

Comment

Why does Lloyd support Munster?

Comment

he's a contrary fucker

Comment

he's a contrary fucker
                                                                  Obv, I assume he gives something else as his reason though?

Comment

Obv, I assume he gives something else as his reason though?
                                                                    he's a fan of the big heart

Comment

I'm from Crumlin thanks

EDIT: Crumlin is what I say when I'm trying to appear rough.

I'm actually from Terenure

EDIT: Terenure is what I say when I'm trying to appear posh.

I'm really from Harolds Cross

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                        Seen Inception at the weekend
                                                                        Was pretty tired, but fk me that was confusing
                                                                        I think I need to read a cliffs on it tbh
                                                                        I wouldn't worry about it
                                                                        Probably means you are too smart for the film

"someone has to point out that, no, Inception wasn't the last word in sci-fi meta-sophistication, but rather a stupid person's idea of what an intelligent film is like."
                                                                        Will Self

Comment

Another Northside Leinster fan, obviously because my school played Cricket, Hockey and Rugby. It also let us wear our own clothes and was mixed!
                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

They are closer to the USA

Comment

he's a fan of the unseen work in the rucks and the trailing runs
                                                                              FYP

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                Another Northside Leinster fan, obviously because my school played Cricket, Hockey and Rugby. It also let us wear our own clothes and was mixed!
                                                                                would you recommend that I send my children to your alma mater RasTa?

I don't want them turning out to be dope-smoking, petrolhead degens like yourself .

Comment

and a transistor radio held to the ear so that they can get the crucial details of Junior B county championship games. I always thought that was an urban legend until I was taken to my first ever Connacht SC game; ground was full of them.
                                                                                  yup!

When I first moved home a few years ago a mate came up to go on the piss

He drove!

He turned to me in the pub, clearly looking for words to express he journey
                                                                                  and said:
                                                                                  "Jesus, Sligo(town) really is an Island in a sea of shite"

Comment

Originally posted by Auvers
                                                                                    quick question I am Munster fan but I am going to the match this weekend to support Leinster

would it bad taste to go in my Munster shirt to the match?

Comment

I don't want them turning out to be dope-smoking, petrolhead degens like yourself .
                                                                                      Of course, it all depends on the primary school. Although it was pretty similar to MT, the main difference was that we called our teachers by their first names and most of them made their own clothes.

Dope will be legal by the time they graudate, replace petrolhead with Foodie! Just keep them clear of Rosmini

Comment

I used to be very ambivalent over the whole rugby thing - but poster Lloyd has single-handedly turned me into a Leinster fan.

Comment

you;d probably have to had them registered at the time of conception though. MT is pretty in demand.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                            Of course, it all depends on the primary school. Although it was pretty similar to MT, the main difference was that we called our teachers by their first names and most of them made their own clothes.
                                                                                            what sort of goddamm hippie school were you at?

I prefer my teachers more along the lines of the drill instructor in Full Metal Jacket

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAZI4ydY6R8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAZI4ydY6R8[/ame]

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                Just seen as it was brought up!; is religion important to get into a good school, or are most schools non-religious at this stage? We weren't going to go down the random superstitions route at all, unless its going to exclude the kid from good schools.

Know there are the Educate-Together schools, but remember from the sister's form to go to King's Hospital it gave a list of preferences along the lines of:

1. Very very protestant
                                                                                                2. Very protestant
                                                                                                3. Protestant, but willing to become very very protestant

followed by a cursory; 'meh we might accept one or two others'
                                                                                                KH will take anyone who can afford the fees, religion (or lack of) is completely irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                  Just seen as it was brought up!; is religion important to get into a good school, or are most schools non-religious at this stage?
                                                                                                  lawl.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                      I hope this doesn't sound like a silly question, but does it show the GAA/rugby on setanta?
                                                                                                      I don't think so but I'm not 100 percent
                                                                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

what sort of goddamm hippie school were you at?

I prefer my teachers more along the lines of the drill instructor in Full Metal Jacket
                                                                                                        I think Paul Rowe set it up (CEO of educate together) Ah we had one teacher of course who was adept in launching the bold students about 10 feet across the classroom with either his foot or throw.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                          you;d probably have to had them registered at the time of conception though. MT is pretty in demand.
                                                                                                          had a look at their website there Zod

admissions policy states:

Places offered will be based on the following order of priorities:

(i) students who are Protestants

(ii) siblings of present or past students, and children of former students

(iii) students attending any of the designated feeder Primary schools*

(iv) all other students
                                                                                                          hopefully (i) and (iii) will suffice, it's still a hell of a long way off for our eldest.

as for (ii), I don't think 'Mercy Convent, Tuam' will cut much ice

Comment

Slightly envious of the people I know from KH, they're all morons, but they're a well networked group of morons!

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                Slightly envious of the people I know from KH, they're all morons, but they're a well networked group of morons!
                                                                                                                /stonecutters

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                  I'm from Crumlin thanks

EDIT: Crumlin is what I say when I'm trying to appear rough.

I'm actually from Terenure

EDIT: Terenure is what I say when I'm trying to appear posh.

I'm really from Harolds Cross
                                                                                                                  lol.
                                                                                                                  I've got Ballyfermot, CherryOrchard & Gallanstown
                                                                                                                  I'm fucked either way
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

It really depends H2g2, if a RC school can fill it's intake with baptised children of good practicing catholics (hurr hurr) then it goes with that and can decline an application, but it really depends on the school board as to how it treats it's admissions. A good number of them won't care though.

Send them to an Educate together if there's one close to you and gets good results.

Comment

Llyod supports Munster for many reasons mainly cause he loves to be different. i dont even really like rugby but being a leinster fan is fun cause i get to act like a douchebag. As for saying Llyod is from southside im not sure. He is from Tallaght which in my opinion is it's own county and not a southside suburb.

Comment

Send them to the De La Salle.
                                                                                                                        A good god fearing, brother avioding, bumhole clenching education
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          lol.
                                                                                                                          I've got Ballyfermot, CherryOrchard & Gallanstown
                                                                                                                          I'm fucked either way
                                                                                                                          Artane if I want to sound posh, Artane if I want to sound like I'm down with the streets.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X