This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

computer people..

I have a small form factor pc (pretty old, nothing special) that was given to me by a mate when they were getting thrown out from a shop in town, I powered it up and its running puppy linux. problem is when it tries to boot up it asks for username and password, which obv i dont know. Is there a way to interrupt the boot and get it to run something else, or to uninstall the OS completely and start from scratch?
    http://mobro.co/zuroph
    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
      computer people..

I have a small form factor pc (pretty old, nothing special) that was given to me by a mate when they were getting thrown out from a shop in town, I powered it up and its running puppy linux. problem is when it tries to boot up it asks for username and password, which obv i dont know. Is there a way to interrupt the boot and get it to run something else, or to uninstall the OS completely and start from scratch?
      You certainly can. What were you planning to put on it? I'd recommend Ubuntu for most things but it really depends what you were planning to do with it.
      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

It's very easy to put another OS on it from cd/usb etc. Ubuntu if linux, windows 7 if windows. You can even run ubuntu from usb or cd to try it out first.

Comment

That Paypal sucks site, just like similar Ryanair are shite sites, are actually a list of reasons why Paypal is really excellent at doing what it does.

Fucking droolers.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

so how reliable are wrestlemania streams gonna be? WWE seem good at going after the streamers.
            I'll have RS links in the morning.
            Not gonna bother watching tonight...slightly annoyed about it but common sense prevailed
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21OH0wlkfbc[/ame]

I'm seriously loving this at the moment.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

was thinking of ubuntu, or trying out xbmc live , how do i go about it? only usb option, no disc drive
                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  A new Louis Theroux on BBC Sunday 9PM.
                  He's revisiting Pastor Phelps and the Westboro Baptists, definitely one of the best episodes of his stuff from the last decade.

After tales of defections, Louis Theroux investigates what's up with America’s most hated family.

Normally I don't do follow-ups. But I'd made an exception in this case because of an e-mail I'd received from one of the fire-breathing young zealots I'd interviewed on my first trip, announcing she'd left the church. She cited our conversations as one of the influences.
                  Bump. 9 o'clock BBC2. <3 Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post
                    Charlie Sheen Booed Off The Stage At Live Show In Detroit

Clearly their normal brains couldn't process him.
                    Wonder what they were expecting. Charlie Sheen is currently in the headlines for being a messy incoherant joke. Shockingly his live stage show appears to have been some manner of messy incoherant joke... whoda thunk it?

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                      Video on dog cruelty in China its a pretty sick video so be warned

http://vimeo.com/10152570
                      oh god I should not have watched that, im so upset after only 2 mins of it. watched with my hand over my mouth and cried, that is really really awful.

what kind of a person could do that to a poor defenseless animal. that is by far the most shocking video i ever watched.
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Ship it!!!!! Inski for the IO mega sat, tried one sat and binked. Had to shove KJo in the last hand utg and sucked out over A7cc to qualify. I know it's only a sat I'll be playing but it's pretty funny that €320 is the biggest buy in game I have/will have played. Hopefully run good and bink a package!

As the man himself said, choooo choooo

Comment

Anyone watch that new game show 'The Cube' on ITV. It's fucking terrible, I love it!
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                            Last time I post a gamble in the BBV.
                            I'd prefer if you made better bets whether you post them or not. That was a shocker in all honesty. Say 3 Hail Marys and come back with a good Champions League bet during the week.

Comment

Here's a great chance our wrestling fans to be useful to us...who will likely win between Cena and The Miz? Or is there no good background reasons one way or the other?

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                How long does the trial version of dreamweaver last could someone tell me , would it be a month?
                                Yep, 30 days - had it installed on my PC in work a few weeks ago and the full license key was emailed to me last week, well before the trial period ran out. Useful piece of software.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  Anyone watch that new game show 'The Cube' on ITV. It's fucking terrible, I love it!
                                  I love the cube!

was thinking of ubuntu, or trying out xbmc live , how do i go about it? only usb option, no disc drive
                                  Stick it on a usb, change boot order to usb before hard drive in the bios. Install from there. Easy peasy for ya, shouldn't take long to install either.

Comment

how do i get into bios to change boot order?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CDLBTJD4M[/ame]
                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      Here's a great chance our wrestling fans to be useful to us...who will likely win between Cena and The Miz? Or is there no good background reasons one way or the other?
                                      No point betting on this match.

Cena has a "Superman" thing where he overcomes all the odds and wins regardless at PPV's but the Rock being involved makes this a difficult one to call.

The Miz isn't a bad Champion but there's nobody for him to fight once he drops the belt and it's more likely that the Rock interferes somehow, Cena scoops the title and there is a Triple Threat at Vengeance.

That said, anything the Rock does to screw Cena over might put him at risk of turning heel in some of the fans' eyes and WWE clearly don't want that given that Cena is pretty much hated by any wrestling fan over 16 and they're obviously looking for a franchise carrier since Orton doesn't shift enough t-shirts but is the definition of a product carrier in the mould of HHH. (Won't sell a bazillion shirts but will be in every good match you can think of)

If I had to call it I'd say the Miz knocks the ref out, the Rock comes down and helps Cena with that stupid bodyguard the Miz has and hits the 3 count for Cena then rock bottom, people's elbow on Cena and out.

VERY UNLIKELY but it's what I'd like to see.
                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

It really depends, Cena hinted at a heel turn in the ring last week against The Rock.
                                        Rock retaliating, costing Cena the match would be the most logical way for it to go.
                                        That being said, Cena will more than likely FU the arena and superman his way through it as normal

SPOILER
                                        SEScoops.com is the first to report this exclusive, which is the fact the Wrestlemania match order has changed. We can exclusively report the following matches are the last four to go on tonight at Wrestlemania, as of 2:00 pm eastern time this afternoon.

The script now calls for Jim Ross to come out, and the Jerry Lawler vs Michael Cole match to take place.

They will be followed by The Undertaker vs HHH.

That match will be followed by the 8-man tag team match.

John Cena vs The Miz, with The Rock’s involvement at the end, will close the show.

This suggests the latter

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CDLBTJD4M
                                          It will be one of the F keys when you boot the computer, it will flash up quickly. Just run your hand along all the F keys as it boots

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                            oh god I should not have watched that, im so upset after only 2 mins of it. watched with my hand over my mouth and cried, that is really really awful.

what kind of a person could do that to a poor defenseless animal. that is by far the most shocking video i ever watched.
                                            Have you ever eaten a chicken?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_CDLBTJD4M
                                              what a waste of 3mins of my life

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                Video on dog cruelty in China its a pretty sick video so be warned

http://vimeo.com/10152570
                                                God i regret watching that video, sickest thing ive seen in a long time.

Chop their cocks off imo.
                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smL4hDBrN2A&feature=related[/ame]

Start up the computer and at the manufacturer logo screen should say on the screen press "f2" or del or some other key to enter setup. So just tap the prompted button.

Changing boot order/priority isn't too hard once your in the setup. Obviously select USB device instead of cd/hdd as number one and you are gold.

After that all you need to do is make sure you have the OS you require setup appropriately on your usb drive and away you go.

EDIT: This article may be useful for XBMC as you mentioned it before: http://lifehacker.com/#!5391308/buil...r-on-the-cheap
                                                  Last edited by coillcam; 03-04-11, 19:47.

Comment

if the usb doesnt load or isn't detected, put it ina computer and and go to mark partition as active, but you should be fine

Comment

Cena I think has only lost 1 wrestlemania match ever as fas as i know but the miz will win tonight

Comment

Anyone ever been to benicassim?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                          A friend has and recommended it a lot

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                            A friend has and recommended it a lot
                                                            4day camping ticket is ~ €180 and flights to Barca are €220.

Slightly dearer than Oxegen but I imagine it would be alot better.

Comment

I'm heading over with a friend of mine and a bunch of his friends.

Comment

4day camping ticket is ~ €180 and flights to Barca are €220.

Slightly dearer than Oxegen but I imagine it would be alot better.
                                                                Loads of options for heading to sunnier festivals than what Ireland has to offer.

http://www.rock-am-ring.com/ - Nurbergring + Nuremberg, Germany

http://www.sziget.hu/festival_english - An island on the Danube near Budapest, Hungary.

http://www.rockwerchter.be/ Near Leuven, Belgium

They would be three of the most popular ones off the top of my head and all well worth a gander. Although Rock Wertcher is pissing me off big time as it has Black Eyed Peas headlining one of the days.

Comment

really wanted to go to rock am park but such a shit line up compared to last year

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    I'm heading over with a friend of mine and a bunch of his friends.
                                                                    Ya, Ive a few friends working in Barca for the summer and they were talking going. Looks class. Are you flying into Barca or Valencia?

Comment

Went to one day of this one when I was in Lisbon a few years ago. Think the one day ticket was 35 euro and 3 day was 80. Everything in Lisbon was ridic cheap

Optimus Alive! Festival takes place in Passeio Maritimo de Alges, Lisbon, Portugal Optimus Alive! Festival 2012 dates – 13th to 15th July OPTIMUS ALIVE! FESTIVAL 2012 – LINE UP FRIDAY 13TH JULY OPT…

Comment

Bump. 9 o'clock BBC2. <3 Louis.
                                                                        Thanks for the tip, watching it now. The first one was excellent alright.

Lauren certainly has blossomed since she left!
                                                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Ya, Ive a few friends working in Barca for the summer and they were talking going. Looks class. Are you flying into Barca or Valencia?
                                                                          Going from Cork to Barca with Aer Lingus. Got it for 200 quid a couple of weeks ago.

We got the full week and a half tickets but we're renting two apartments as well since it's probably going to be ridic hot, there's around ten in the group so the apartments for ten days work out at less than 200 bucks a head for the ten days as well.

Pretty good lineup, should be a great week.

Comment

Ryanair is the nut airline. I'd love to study them, I'd say it's laughable when you compare them to any airline that hasn't copied them at this stage.

Clinical, ruthless, effecient.

Excellent!

Comment

It is amazing that those Westboro Baptist Church crowd haven't been fire-bombed out of it at this stage...I wonder do they have police protection all the time, or only during their demonstrations? America is some country, the fact that such people get to enjoy all the benefits of the first amendment, in most other western countries they wouldn't have a hope of being able to air their views unhindered.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                WTF Fulham

Just reading this on BBC. lol Fulham indeed!

Fulham chairman Mohammed Al Fayed tells fans they can "go to hell" if they do not appreciate a new Michael Jackson statue at Craven Cottage stadium.

Comment

The dangers of prolonged Meth use

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                    Thanks for the tip, watching it now. The first one was excellent alright.

Lauren certainly has blossomed since she left!
                                                                                    Yep.. Staying in the church and keeping those puppies under wraps.. Now that truly would've been sinful..

Comment

Nice way to end the session, sigh

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
                                                                                      NL Holdem $10(BB) Replayer
                                                                                      SB ($2,611)
                                                                                      Hero ($3,080)
                                                                                      BTN ($2,020)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: A:spade:

BTN raises to $20, SB raises to $80, Hero raises to $200, fold, SB calls $120

FLOP ($420) 4:club: J:spade: 6:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $227, SB calls $227

TURN ($874) 4:club: J:spade: 6:heart: 2:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $573, SB raises to $2,184 (AI), Hero calls $1,611

RIVER ($5,243) 4:club: J:spade: 6:heart: 2:heart: 8:club:

SB shows J:diamond: J:club:
                                                                                      (Pre 19%, Flop 91.4%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows A:diamond: A:spade:
                                                                                      (Pre 81%, Flop 8.6%, Turn 4.5%)

SB wins $5,241

Comment

Galway is a great place.
                                                                                        Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

to tight ?

Full Tilt Poker Game #29599695313: The $600K Double Deuce (226211370), Table 239 - 40/80 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:24:27 WET - 2011/04/03 [17:24:27 ET - 2011/04/03]
                                                                                          Seat 1: Savanya (2,700), is sitting out
                                                                                          Seat 2: ** (5,750)
                                                                                          Seat 3: the snaffler (2,725)
                                                                                          Seat 4: 97B18B (3,027)
                                                                                          Seat 5: moertelmu (3,925)
                                                                                          Seat 6: cz3o (3,220)
                                                                                          Seat 7: gomdol99 (3,130)
                                                                                          Seat 8: mohamedali13 (1,745)
                                                                                          Seat 9: jimmy19801 (10,003)
                                                                                          * posts the small blind of 40
                                                                                          the snaffler posts the big blind of 80
                                                                                          The button is in seat #1
                                                                                          *** HOLE CARDS ***
                                                                                          Dealt to ** [4s 4h]
                                                                                          97B18B folds
                                                                                          moertelmu folds
                                                                                          gomdol99 folds
                                                                                          mohamedali13 folds
                                                                                          jimmy19801 raises to 160
                                                                                          Savanya folds
                                                                                          ** calls 120
                                                                                          the snaffler folds
                                                                                          *** FLOP *** [4d 7c Td]
                                                                                          ** checks
                                                                                          jimmy19801 bets 160
                                                                                          ** folds
                                                                                          Uncalled bet of 160 returned to jimmy19801
                                                                                          jimmy19801 mucks
                                                                                          jimmy19801 wins the pot (400)
                                                                                          *** SUMMARY ***
                                                                                          Total pot 400 | Rake 0
                                                                                          Board: [4d 7c Td]
                                                                                          Seat 1: Savanya (button) didn't bet (folded)
                                                                                          Seat 2: * (small blind) folded on the Flop
                                                                                          Seat 3: the snaffler (big blind) folded before the Flop
                                                                                          Seat 4: 97B18B didn't bet (folded)
                                                                                          Seat 5: moertelmu didn't bet (folded)
                                                                                          Seat 6: cz3o is sitting out
                                                                                          Seat 7: gomdol99 didn't bet (folded)
                                                                                          Seat 8: mohamedali13 didn't bet (folded)
                                                                                          Seat 9: jimmy19801 collected (400), mucked

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                            Ryanair is the nut airline. I'd love to study them, I'd say it's laughable when you compare them to any airline that hasn't copied them at this stage.

Clinical, ruthless, effecient.

Excellent!
                                                                                            Check out Southwest Airlines. Iirc it was started by a retired Texas solicitor. Now it's probably no where near the scale of Ryanair obv but I found them very interesting while studying the low-cost airline industry in college.

Just did a quick wiki search and found them(haven't read it yet):

I remember reading about them pursuing a fun culture. Staff would be encouraged to have a laugh with their customers and doing things like jumping out of overhead compartments to scare people as they come onto the plane would be encouraged. Iirc all of their planes are painted differently, like whales, dogs, sharks and the like. I think all of my work got lost on my old laptop but if I come across anything I'll post it.

I agree with you btw about Ryanair being the nuts and this is just a company I found interesting.

Comment

Full Tilt Question

Do any of ye know how do you show who is sitting out at the table?

did a search and the best I could find was look at the previous hand history

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post

Pretty sure that the HH is the only way of finding out.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                  Check out Southwest Airlines.
                                                                                                  Supposedly Michael O'Leary studied them as well and based the Ryanair model on them.
                                                                                                  But along the way he lost the fun part of them, and retained the low costs.

Flew with them from San Fran to Vegas, thought they were great. 50kg baggage allowance, friendly staff, decent legroom. $109 return trip.

Comment

Best place to find Louis Theroux: Westboro Baptist Church revisited online? Pm if necessary.

Much appreciated.
                                                                                                    Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                      Pretty sure that the HH is the only way of finding out.
                                                                                                      WOW

Knew there was a reason Id avoided the place for this long

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5t2RCUVMrog[/ame]

Comment

What time is wrestlemania starting?

Im wrecked but considering staying up for it!

Comment

Supposedly Michael O'Leary studied them as well and based the Ryanair model on them.
                                                                                                            But along the way he lost the fun part of them, and retained the low costs.

Flew with them from San Fran to Vegas, thought they were great. 50kg baggage allowance, friendly staff, decent legroom. $109 return trip.
                                                                                                            I'd like to fly with them just to see what the experience is like. I didn't know, or more than likely forgot, that they were around before Ryanair. I'll have a read of that wiki link later and refresh my memory.

WOW

Knew there was a reason Id avoided the place for this long
                                                                                                            Ye, I'm avoiding them because they gave one of those dodge run bad accounts

Comment

Anyone know when PS will credit you acc with your bonus. Just cleared a small one and got the email. But no funds was transfered.

Comment

Pay attention and see who gets dealt in (assuming you are playing cash).
                                                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Midnight and it is 4 hours long this time

Comment

Midnight

Comment

Ah the relief I feel after turning off the xbox after having a poxy session in Fifa is just beautiful
                                                                                                                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                        Ah the relief I feel after turning off the xbox after having a poxy session in Fifa is just beautiful
                                                                                                                        I spilt water on my power supply. So have it drying out now. Hope to jesus the thing hasn't died.

Comment

got teh worst dead leg of my life earlier - cant bend or straighten my knee. It hurts like fcuk.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X