Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any sport on today apart from cars driving around in a circle?

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
      Yep you got some good rugby today with the Dragons vs Leinster at 1.30 in the Magners and then my favourite, the Super 14s at 4pm with Crusaders vs Sharks which should be a cracker.
      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

my fav keane skit

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RcYe_z-s-o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RcYe_z-s-o[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
          I suspect there's something your not telling us here. Did you tell them this with any sort of attitude?. Sounds like lingering bad blood between shifts or personality clashes?
          I'm a DBA. We are reknowned for being surly and unapproachable. It's in the job description. However, rather than ask nicely and get progressively more persuasive if we ignored them, they went straight for the nuclear approach. That earned them some extra surliness when I finally joined their stupid conference call.
          No point emailing back saying you can do something in 5 minutes, because that looks like you have time enough to give upperhand email replies as if to say youll do it on your terms and that can be taken the wrong way(or the right way!).

In hindsight you could have email replied saying your on it but dont actually get on it until your finished this changeover thing or 5 minutes later without saying 5 minutes. Or would that be too bowing a reply?.
          I see you've played this game before. In hindsight that would certainly have been the best line.
          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
            Scotland playing Brazil @ 2.

Comment

my ears are soar after listening to that rebecca black song "prom" (not sure is it real or not)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz8EVnOxOyM[/ame]
              Last edited by Donkathon; 27-03-11, 11:12.

Comment

The reason people are giving out about Keane is not due to a lack intelligence but because he hasn't put in a decent shift in ages. He was awful yesterday, I can only remember doing 2 things of note, the first touch lay off to Long down the wing and him showing good awareness and sharpness for his goal. He's a shadow of him former self and thats the crux of peoples disappointed with him. No one is questioning his value to the Irish team through the years, he will go down as one of the greats but the only reason he starts is because there is no alternative bar Long who should never ever play the target man role again like he did when Doyle came off. Keane's experience gets him into good positions but he just can't finish like he used to.
                Doyle up front with Duff playing off him and Coleman playing on the left could be an option but one trap will never entertain.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  Ow my brains
                  +1
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

The hate for Keane comes from his constant moaning and whinging when a decision doesn't go his way. Drama queen.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Damien Duff spends more time on his knees than most Amsterdam hookers.

Comment

WTF? there were only 30K people in Landsdowne Road watching Ireland play a crucial Euro qualifier.

LOL @ Chavball 'Fans' Who ritually go out to the pub spewing more than the price of a Match ticket in the pub to watch teams from English Midlands towns they couldn't find on a map play each other on a wet Wednesday night.
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                            Damien Duff spends more time on his knees than most Amsterdam hookers.
                            He generally gets up and on with it after he's been knocked over by someone viciously breathing on him though.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                            WTF? there were only 30K people in Landsdowne Road watching Ireland play a crucial Euro qualifier.

LOL @ Chavball 'Fans' Who ritually go out to the pub spewing more than the price of a Match ticket in the pub to watch teams from English Midlands towns they couldn't find on a map play each other on a wet Wednesday night.
                            Don't think I've ever spent €50 on a few pints while watching a match.
                            Last edited by Teddie; 27-03-11, 12:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              Ow my brains
                              What was the deal with that party last night?
                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

charging a minimum of €100 a ticket (by forcing purchase of a friendly game) would have more to to with it than anything else imo
                                Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                  yeah BB loves those football levels. He had to be kidding there cos he's not retarded.
                                  Level?*

*Only kidding BK, only kidding...
                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                    Insane that that wasn't a red. Ref had the yellow out before he even had time to think about the tackle. Terrible stuff.
                                    Tackle on Long. Kung Fu prop bet or revenge maybe?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3X8XnIRkBE&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                      all summer all the time!
                                      Thats not what is proposed.

There is bill going to be put later in the year to introduce Double Summertime in summer and keep Summertime through the Winter. So they would not put the clocks back one Autumn and then carry on moving the hour as at present.

This would mean Sunrise at the Winter Solstice would be at 9:40 AM and sunset at 17:15 at this time of year it would mean sunrise at 8 and sunset at 21:00

I'd be in favour of it but it is very unlikely to get through this time because of strong opposition from parts Scotland where the day is over an hour shorter than London.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                          Don't think I've ever spent €50 on a few pints while watching a match.
                                          No ? You are in a minority IMO.

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                          charging a minimum of €100 a ticket (by forcing purchase of a friendly game) would have more to to with it than anything else imo

It was 90 for the 6 Nations matches and they were sold out. I'm sure there are loads of kids soccer clubs who could have used the Uruguay tickets if people didn't want them.
                                          Aren't Uruguayone of the top teams in the world, why wouldn't people want to go anyway if they are really into soccer

Comment

It was 90 for the 6 Nations matches and they were sold out. I'm sure there are loads of kids soccer clubs who could have used the Uruguay tickets if people didn't want them.
                                            Aren't Uruguayone of the top teams in the world, why wouldn't people want to go anyway if they are really into soccer
                                            It was exactly the same for the Autumn Internationals in the Rugby, thousands of empty seats because the prices were too high. It's not a "chavball" problem so much as a greedy association problem.

Tuesday night friendlies aren't exactly high on the list of must see games when you're counting how much disposable income you have for sporting events.
                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

fuck the FAI.
                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Very weak Brazil attack today. Pity there's no Ganzo, Hernanes, Robinho. At least Neymar is out there I suppose. Ridiculous depth at the back though, very unbrazil.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Feck off it was €105 quid
                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Thats not what is proposed.

There is bill going to be put later in the year to introduce Double Summertime in summer and keep Summertime through the Winter. So they would not put the clocks back one Autumn and then carry on moving the hour as at present.

This would mean Sunrise at the Winter Solstice would be at 9:40 AM and sunset at 17:15 at this time of year it would mean sunrise at 8 and sunset at 21:00

I'd be in favour of it but it is very unlikely to get through this time because of strong opposition from parts Scotland where the day is over an hour shorter than London.
                                                    Have a watch that's +-10 seconds a year, perpetual calendar and has a ten year battery, was thinking ship, never have to adjust it.
                                                    Then someone mentioned the clocks changing.
                                                    "Damn"

Comment

eh, am I an hour early?

Has Leinster game kicked off yet? Can't find a stream, might just be early

Comment

Because our team has people like O'Dea, Fahy, Foley, Saint Ledger, Whelan, whoever the goalie was etc. I'm a football fan and whenever people talk about the Irish team I feel like someone who doesn't follow football - I don't know these players.

As far as I'm concerned our team could well struggle to get promotion from the Championship. They're a bunch of nobodies and a million miles away from the teams we had in the past. I can't watch 10 consecutive minutes of an Ireland game without switching off, and couldn't care less if they lucksack a qualification or not. They're muck. The fact that they're *our* muck means little to me.

Comment

russians limping aces constantly...

Comment

@ Kev/BK/anyone else who might know

Is there any website where you can get live GAA scoring? It's a nightmare trying to find anything online.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                              @ Kev/BK/anyone else who might know

Is there any website where you can get live GAA scoring? It's a nightmare trying to find anything online.
                                                              RTE.ie usually do a minute by minute

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                RTE.ie usually do a minute by minute
                                                                Yeah I looked there but it's crap. According to them, theres no score between Down and Laois at the minute, but I just searched google and came across this forum, and the 'Latest Scores' thread there says it is 2-07 to 0-05. Good resource that actually, I'll bookmark it.

Comment

Tony, go fuck yourself with this nonsense. The Autumn Internationals struggled attendance wise because of package bundling. Sports fans on this island have shown that they are not interested in buying tickets when forced to pick up less than glamorous games at the same time. To claim that this is solely a soccer phenomenon is disingenuous.

There are a couple of topics that cause you to lose all sense and sense of objectivity imo.
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                    Because our team has people like O'Dea, Fahy, Foley, Saint Ledger, Whelan, whoever the goalie was etc. I'm a football fan and whenever people talk about the Irish team I feel like someone who doesn't follow football - I don't know these players.

As far as I'm concerned our team could well struggle to get promotion from the Championship. They're a bunch of nobodies and a million miles away from the teams we had in the past. I can't watch 10 consecutive minutes of an Ireland game without switching off, and couldn't care less if they lucksack a qualification or not. They're muck. The fact that they're *our* muck means little to me.
                                                                    Rubbish. So incredibly wrong.

As Liam Brady said last night on RTE - people in this country are hurting financially, and to expect them to pay these prices (particularly families who need to buy multiple tickets when attending) is entirely unreasonable at this point in time. The price structures need to be changed.
                                                                    Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 27-03-11, 13:03.
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                      There are a couple of topics that cause you to lose all sense and sense of objectivity imo.

Comment

No chance I am in the minority. I'd get a night out for €50, not an hour and a half.

Comment

The tren smiley just works in a way where others fall short. Greatest innovation to ever hit forum land.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Watch more football other than the premiership.

Comment

Rubbish. So incredibly wrong.

I don't think he's far off. We'd be constant relegation battlers in the PL.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                ..

Pretty sure your average night out isn't standard for most of us plebs.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFc_o...eature=related

hmm not bad reviews im downloading now so ill get back to ye on my thoughts!
                                                                                  I thought this was supposed to be muck shite?
                                                                                  NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                                                                    I thought this was supposed to be muck shite?
                                                                                    I found some fairly alright reviews, was wondering has anyone here seen it!
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Love this vid.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJ01jw-utvo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUOy6CgTQFk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Comment

Anyone know how to make videos load faster/why they buffer so slow?

Trying to watch HSP and its taking ages. Its happening on youtube as well for the last week. I tried clearing cookies, temp. files etc. Anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post

Trying to watch HSP and its taking ages. Its happening on youtube as well for the last week. I tried clearing cookies, temp. files etc. Anything else?
                                                                                            Sometimes when youtube is loading slowly I move the progress/time bar along a few times & then back to the start, it seems to load a lot quicker then

Comment

Get rid of Eircom broadband?

Comment

Tony, go fuck yourself with this nonsense. The Autumn Internationals struggled attendance wise because of package bundling. Sports fans on this island have shown that they are not interested in buying tickets when forced to pick up less than glamorous games at the same time. To claim that this is solely a soccer phenomenon is disingenuous.

I'd like to think that I only lose objectivity, not
                                                                                                sense.
                                                                                                The IRFU sorted the ticket pricing in time for the 6 Nations and hit the market perfectly 100 for premium 90 for excellent seats and 60 for top of the stands which are great seats too IMO..
                                                                                                This wasn't a meaningless Autumn international it was a crucial qualifying tournament must win game against a team we have a competitive history with a bit of needle as Wombatman's post shows. The Game generated as much if not more comment in this thread than any of the 6 nations matches.

As usual Hotspur says it far more succinctly (and objectively ) than I could:

Comment

As usual Hotspur says it far more succinctly (and objectively ) than I could:

You have sold your trolling hole there son saying this is objective

What he is actually saying is that he would support them if they were better
                                                                                                  *although I'm hoping this is some form of level

tut tut tut Strewelpeter
                                                                                                  C-
                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 27-03-11, 14:54. Reason: *

Comment

happens me on UPC sometimes and at times when other sites seem fine

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post

You have sold your trolling hole there son saying this is objective

What he is actually saying is that he would support them if they were better

tut tut tut Strewelpeter
                                                                                                      C-

Comment

Already did. Its vodafone now

Comment

This is just wrong as far as i'm concerned.

International football is all about building a team unit that can function well together these days & not throwing as many 'star' names together as u can find (take Germany at WC 2010 vs the bullshit 'teams' of England & Argentina as an example). Just because Ireland doesn't have too many of your Sky Sports media darlings around at present shouldn't and doesn't take away from what international football means to the true supporter in this country.

Maybe u should spend less time analysing whether "Super Sunday" is better or worse without Richard Keys & start getting to know a bit more about your own country.

If the 'meeja' told u to jump off a bridge, would u?

/rant
                                                                                                          Last edited by Dice75; 27-03-11, 15:05.

Comment

Already did. Its vodafone now
                                                                                                            Vodafone wireless is one thing, but the Vodafone fixed line is the same as Eircom, as is BT/Smart/Perlico etc.

Comment

For a player Liverpool rated at 8 Million and Spurs rated at up to 14 million only a few weeks ago, Charlie Adam does love giving the ball away in really stupid areas

Comment

Vodafone wireless is one thing, but the Vodafone fixed line is the same as Eircom, as is BT/Smart/Perlico etc.
                                                                                                                Ah ok thanks, didn't know that. Yeah I need to ditch these so.

Comment

I actually really liked The Grand thought it was good
                                                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

I'd be very surprised if they do 'lucksack a qualification' you'll keep that attitude, everybody who is moaning about how shit this Irish team (most who don't even watch the games) will be straight on the band wagon if they get there. Same as every fucking muppet popped up when he got screwed by France, that infuriated me. I probably sound like one of those 'anti band wagoners' type but I've no problem with people getting involved when a team does well ( I do it in other sports). I just hate when people talk shit about the same team when there doing badly, especially when most of there info is from word of mouth and the eamon dunphy types.

It would be great to see Ireland in the euro's even if they are a weaker team than previous years. I also think we deserve to be where we are in the table and we're certainly in with a good chance of qualifying. We mighten be the prettiest team to watch but Trap has set up a well organised, 'hard to beat' team with a few players who can score goals.

Your last lines interesting, your a spurs fan I assume, you followed them for the last 15 years?

As for the Keane, its ridiculus he's been great for us, and still our best goal threat.

Comment

anyone for a stars homegame later this evening?

Comment

Crusaders Sharks on SS2, sonny bill williams is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                                                                          I'd be very surprised if they do 'lucksack a qualification' you'll keep that attitude, everybody who is moaning about how shit this Irish team (most who don't even watch the games) will be straight on the band wagon if they get there. Same as every fucking muppet popped up when he got screwed by France, that infuriated me. I probably sound like one of those 'anti band wagoners' type but I've no problem with people getting involved when a team does well ( I do it in other sports). I just hate when people talk shit about the same team when there doing badly, especially when most of there info is from word of mouth and the eamon dunphy types.

It would be great to see Ireland in the euro's even if they are a weaker team than previous years. I also think we deserve to be where we are in the table and we're certainly in with a good chance of qualifying. We mighten be the prettiest team to watch but Trap has set up a well organised, 'hard to beat' team with a few players who can score goals.

Your last lines interesting, your a spurs fan I assume, you followed them for the last 15 years?

As for the Keane, its ridiculus he's been great for us, and still our best goal threat.
                                                                                                                          Well said Chubb
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Silver-Tiger; 27-03-11, 15:46. Reason: .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X