Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think Barca will win 2-0 tonight. I will mark this prediction.

Comment

heh

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
        Think Barca will win 2-0 tonight. I will mark this prediction.
        I have a strong fancy for Arsenal to go through, especially with the noises being made re:team news.

Stuck a couple of quid on it at ~2.5:1 for the sweat.

Come on the Gunners!

Comment

If barca play Biscuits at back and masch in his role i fancy arsenal to get sumin out of this game.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
            Barsenal should be awesome later. Arsenal are still 2/1 to progress which initially was about right but in light of Barcas injury problems at the back it's a bit long, Arsenal should be able to at least cancel out the away goal if not take the advantage themselves. Plus if it means Masch plays in mid field thats a huge edge for them, he is a square peg in a round hole when it comes to that mid field and it isn't a coincidence that he's played there in nearly every single awful performance from Barca this season.
            Yeah Masch is like a fish out of water in that midfield. Might be better tonight because premiership opposition? If he plays that is. I think it'll be Abidal/Milito at cb. Abidal has been Barcas best defender this season, but maybe Milito will be a weak link. Can always go Abidal/Biscuits also.

I expect a lot of goals either way tonight. RVP will definitely start imo. He's too good to not play. Barca haven't been great for a while now, they are overdue a big performance, tonight could be the night. Struggled v Bibao, Valencia and indeed Zaragoza this weekend.

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
            Game set up perfectly for the "masses". Arsenal cant beat birmingham, barce are just being plain awesome. Players injured (although they're all available (??) ). Wenger talking about - "we have to go there and try, we still have a chance . . .
            Am i missing something?
            theyre 2-1 up in the leg, far from out of this. I think ill be taking the asian hc against Barcelona, and praying!
            If RVP plays, and with their two first choice CBs out, this game is on in every sense of the word!
            Agreed!

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            CHD's logic isn't so crazy when I apply the theory to Milan this year. Like they haven't a chance of winning the CL even if they progress (unlikely as it is now), but progression into the QF could really affect league form where their in with a great chance. I suppose the Chelsea thing was a little more stupid as they've never won it and it was probably priority.
            Also agreed! It's not a coincidence that AC brought in Cassano, V Bommel and Urby, among others. All cup-tied. Milan are definitely focused on the league this year.

Originally posted by aodea View Post
            If barca play Biscuits at back and masch in his role i fancy arsenal to get sumin out of this game.
            Biscuits is perfectly capable of playing centre-half, he operates as a third centre back when Barca don't have the ball(all 10 minutes of the 90 they don't have it admittedly). I would prefer Abidal/Milito with Biscuits in his usual spot. Masch just doesn't work in that team.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post
              Barca haven't been great for a while now, they are overdue a big performance, tonight could be the night.
              I've been backing Barca to put in a big performance over the last number of games, doubling my stake every time they've been poor. I'm due a big win.

Comment

Originally posted by Moneymaker View Post

Biscuits is perfectly capable of playing centre-half, he operates as a third centre back when Barca don't have the ball(all 10 minutes of the 90 they don't have it admittedly). I would prefer Abidal/Milito with Biscuits in his usual spot. Masch just doesn't work in that team.
                mean that as in Barca tick in my opinion because of what biscuits does in the midde. Him not playing there is massive loss. Masch just not as comfortbale. I aint saying he cant play center back. would rather him in regular postion and milito i guess.

Comment

Barca 3 zip. Gunners won't get near the ball.

LOL at Jimmy White saying he is playing better than ever and could win the World Championship.

Comment

Yeah as makeshift centre back pairings go Abidal and Biscuits are very good and adaptable. Abidal was always more of a defensive mind LB anyway and has looked at home playing centre back when played there. Goes to show the ridic talent at the club when Masch is the scapegoat in the team.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                      U knocked me out of the Boyle's IO promo game too u cnut

Just as well coz I went onto stars & shipped a Malaga trip, viva Espana

Edit - even took Sat King Doke out one off the bubble, he has enough tickets anyhow
                      How much for lessons in the tubo 3x's?

Comment

Hmm, I think an enhanced wincast with PP for Messi to score and Barca to win @ evens seems like a fun bet. Given that Messi is a 4/9 anytime scorer that's not too shabby.

edit: trigger pulled, so it's now a sure thing.
                        Last edited by hotspur; 08-03-11, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                          LOL at Jimmy White saying he is playing better than ever and could win the World Championship.
                          ah Jimmy

I remember my father falling in the door one morning years back and, on being quizzed as to his whereabouts, it transpired that he'd been on an epic bender with Jimmy and some other lads. Except Jimmy had been on it for a week!
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

is that quiz on in the woolshed tonight? thinking of going to watch the match and quiz after?

Comment

mean that as in Barca tick in my opinion because of what biscuits does in the midde. Him not playing there is massive loss.
                              I agree, he's a quality player. Very under-rated. He is like Xavi in how simple but effective his game is(not got the passing ability that Xavi has, but who has?), and he's got a great football brain.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                Messi is a 4/9 anytime scorer.
                                that has to be the worst value ever

(even if he does get 4 again)
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Barca should win
                                  Barca could/should win easily

doesn't matter

Arsenal against ANYONE at 17/2 to win is Massive imo

especially 1. when other team are missing defenders
                                  especially 2. when Arsenal are going to be looking for the away goal (not that sitting is in their make up to begin with)

worth a dirty tenner imo

Comment

Originally posted by Sometime Happy Dude View Post

Cool Latrines changed the genre.

I'll do an extended version of this so
                                    Cool Leans
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                      How much for lessons in the tubo 3x's?
                                      You're beyond help

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                        is that quiz on in the woolshed tonight? thinking of going to watch the match and quiz after?
                                        Yep, quiz starts at 9.30 after match. Don't think Foley is showing up tonight, he didn't mention it on his show.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

mean that as in Barca tick in my opinion because of what biscuits does in the midde. Him not playing there is massive loss. Masch just not as comfortbale. I aint saying he cant play center back. would rather him in regular postion and milito i guess.
                                          Yeah, this. It's not so much that the back 4 will suffer (It's probably better than Millito playing given how poor he's been all season) but how the overall team would suffer with Busquets playing in defence. The difference in how the team operates with him vs Masch in the mid field is huge. Busquets has become effortlessly brilliant in DM, this time a year ago I thought he was a poor cover for Toure, his improvement has been spectacular.

You can get 2.5/1 on Arsenal to progress!? I'd definitely back at that price, think Barca are favourites but that's a bit too long given the team news thats coming out.
                                          "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

People seem to forget the team Barca actually fielded in the 4-1 last year;

Valdes, Alves, Milito, Marquez, Abidal, Biscuits, Xavi, Keita, Pedro, Bojan, Messi

As opposed to the likely line-up tonight;

Valdes, Alves, Milito, Abidal, Maxwell, Biscuits, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Villa, Pedro

Arsenal will field a better team then they did last year, but that Barca team is on paper far stronger then the one that tore Arsenal a new one last year.

It will be fascinating to watch either way.

Comment

starting to think I should sell 85% of my action for the IO. Keane you interested?

Comment

Not sure that Buscuits is *that* important, sort of the Lucas syndrome about him these days imo, where he was underappreciated for so long that now people are kinda over compensating and over-stating his importance and how good he is.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I want to know tomorrow how deep the split goes within the situations team. Will he be made go it alone with his cheating I-Phone or will he be accepted back into the team with open arms. I also want to know how many teams will cheat like fuck this week and how many people are gonna need to split the jackpot?
                                                  Serious drama ahead in the Woolshed tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                    Not sure that Buscuits is *that* important, sort of the Lucas syndrome about him these days imo, where he was underappreciated for so long that now people are kinda over compensating and over-stating his importance and how good he is.
                                                    No. Not at all.

Just look at Barca performances with him vs without him this season. He's almost equally as important as Xaviesta (Not quite, but not too far off) to the team. He's superb at protecting the back four, at not giving the ball away, at feeding the ball from defence into the play makers and at getting out of tight spaces facing his own goal and at being a bit of a prick. He's pivotal to how Barca keep the ball moving. Masch is fantastic at tackling and protecting, but he lacks all the other things, and that means the ball doesn't move as well, the attacks are less fluid and the defence has less options and the whole team suffers, there's less possession which means both the defence and attack are less effective. The proof is in the performances.
                                                    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Arsenal have to score tonight and I think they will. I think it will be fairy close on aggregate in the end. Fancy Barca to win tonight, maybe 2-1 or 3-1 but saying that I cant wait and I think we have a very good chance of going through.

Song is going to be a huge loss. Hes our best Defensive midfielder by a mile and Im really not convinced by Denilson or Diaby. One of them really needs to step up tonight and put in a disciplined shift.

Personally, I dont want RVP playing if hes not 100% fit which I dont think he is. Its just too much of a risk losing him for the rest of the season and losing out on our best chance of a title for years. Its such a pity hes made of glass as he is one of the best strikers in the world on form. Id probably prefer Chamakh in front of Bendtner as well. Bendtner is very poor at holding up the ball for a big lad and I cant see him causing too much damage even against Busquets and Abidal.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                        Arsenal have to score tonight and I think they will. I think it will be fairy close on aggregate in the end. Fancy Barca to win tonight, maybe 2-1 or 3-1 but saying that I cant wait and I think we have a very good chance of going through.

Song is going to be a huge loss. Hes our best Defensive midfielder by a mile and Im really not convinced by Denilson or Diaby. One of them really needs to step up tonight and put in a disciplined shift.

Personally, I dont want RVP playing if hes not 100% fit which I dont think he is. Its just too much of a risk losing him for the rest of the season and losing out on our best chance of a title for years. Its such a pity hes made of glass as he is one of the best strikers in the world on form. Id probably prefer Chamakh in front of Bendtner as well. Bendtner is very poor at holding up the ball for a big lad and I cant see him causing too much damage even against Busquets and Abidal.
                                                        How unfit is RVP, though? Doesn't Wenger do this literally before every single big game, claim a load of injuries and then the players play? I assume he does it to unsettle the opposition teams preparations so they can't prepare for specific things, but when I hear of "late fitness tests" for Arsenal before a big game I pretty much assume they're completely fit. I'd be shocked if he didn't play, but you'd be far more aware of it than me so I maybe wrong on this one.

Saying that, if ever there was a man you could credibly sell as injured it'd be RVP, I agree it's such a shame, he's a frightening talent on his day.
                                                        Last edited by Sledgejammer; 08-03-11, 16:36.

Comment

I still have dreams that I can do this, in fact I think I may have had that dream last night.

Comment

Caramel slice for breakfast, gtfo World.

Comment

Who needs RVP. Are people forgetting which substitution turned the first leg on it's head!?
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                How unfit is RVP, though? Doesn't Wenger do this literally before every single big game, claim a load of injuries and then the players play? I assume he does it to unsettle the opposition teams preparations so they can't prepare for specific things, but when I hear of "late fitness tests" for Arsenal before a big game I pretty much assume they're completely fit. I'd be shocked if he didn't play, but you'd be far more aware of it than me so I maybe wrong on this one.
                                                                I fully expect him to start now by the way Arsene is talking but Im not so sure he is 100% fit. If he gets injured tonight and Arsenal fail to win the title, Arsene will get a huge amount of criticism. In saying that, If he is 100% Its great news and hopefully he can stay that way for the rest of the season

I was over at the game at the weekend and everyone I was talking to pretty much ruled out Van Persie starting. I was shocked when I saw him in the squad yesterday tbh. Arsene said 3 weeks minimum after the FA cup game and when I heard that I didnt expect to see him till at least 4 or 5 weeks as Van Persie is normally very slow at recovering.

Comment

starting to think I should sell 85% of my action for the IO. Keane you interested?
                                                                  Would be epic if Mahony staked u with his Cork winnings

Edit - Cork is after IO isn't it, doh!

Comment

I'm selling up to 600% of myself for the 5er freezeout we play in college.

1% @ 2.2mu = 11c.

I won't be playing unless I can shift at least 250%, but there are no stake refunds.

Please send the cash, (no cheques or postal orders) to
                                                                    Happy Dude
                                                                    Edinburgh
                                                                    Scotland

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      Would be epic if Mahony staked u with his Cork winnings

Edit - Cork is after IO isn't it, doh!
                                                                      I'll stop myself short of laying odds on that but as far as Im aware there is no IO freerole

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

1% @ 2.2mu = 11c.

I won't be playing unless I can shift at least 250%, but there are no stake refunds.

Happy Dude
                                                                        Edinburgh
                                                                        Scotland

Thanks
                                                                        if you have no experience playing at the 5 euro level and regularly play at the 5 cent level with no real success I will take 5% please. But only because its your home college etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                          I want to know tomorrow how deep the split goes within the situations team. Will he be made go it alone with his cheating I-Phone or will he be accepted back into the team with open arms. I also want to know how many teams will cheat like fuck this week and how many people are gonna need to split the jackpot?
                                                                          Serious drama ahead in the Woolshed tonight.
                                                                          There'll be some serious drama alright, one things for sure, there'll be no accepting anyone back with open arms. 'Sitch let down himself and his team mates with his cheating ways, and it'll take alot of time for wounds to heal and trust to be regained after that...

Comment

1% @ 2.2mu = 11c.

Happy Dude
                                                                            Edinburgh
                                                                            Scotland

Thanks
                                                                            You need to further incentivise the cunts like 43% for every 41% bought.

Comment

I'll stop myself short of laying odds on that but as far as Im aware there is no IO freerole
                                                                              Your one of those lads that laugh at their own jokes on the INTERWEB I bet. Good man.

Comment

1% @ 2.2mu = 11c.

Happy Dude
                                                                                Edinburgh
                                                                                Scotland

Thanks

Wow, due to overwhelming support via PM, shop is now closed.

Will post photos of me receiving your money and using it to buy beer whilst avoiding the tournament.

Gl Backers

Comment

You're one of those lads that laugh at their own jokes on the INTERWEB I bet. Good man.
                                                                                  FYP - that shit tilts me

And Im not sure you realise what a big deal interweb style phenomenon you're dealing with here - ask the jackpot - documents on file

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                                                                                    How many here troll/post over in 2+2 on a regular basis? I love the site and have been a lurker there since 2005 before signing up an account last year. But they are complete arseholes.
                                                                                    similar to here so
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                      similar to here so
                                                                                      Post reported.

Comment

Your one of those lads that laugh at their own jokes on the INTERWEB I bet. Good man.
                                                                                        I laugh at my own jokes as I am the only one who gets them. They are seriously highbrow.
                                                                                        This almost sounds like a post saying that is not on.

Comment

Wow, due to overwhelming support via PM, shop is now closed.

Will post photos of me receiving your money and using it to buy beer whilst avoiding the tournament.

Gl Backers
                                                                                          Well since you did state there would be no refunds I guess that is fair then so

Comment

All these posts taking the piss of the young lad looking for staking are so f*cking tilting.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                              All these posts taking the piss of the young lad looking for staking are so f*cking tilting.
                                                                                              plusabillion

This place has become srsly cliquey towards new people lately, which is a real shame.

It wasn't like that when I first started to post, and FWIW that's the only reason I took the 5%.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post

Song is a big loss but Diaby is well capable of filling that void. Just please don't let it be Denilson. He is way out of his depth big time in the Premiership, so he will be murdered in Barcelona. If his name is on the starting sheet, i'd lump on Barcelona to have this finished by half time.

I'd rather a 75% fit RVP than a fully fit Chamakh or Bendtner. Both of them are horrible at holding the ball up. Give RVP the 45 mins, and if it's not working we make the change at half time. Bendtner is a better choice to bring on if we're chasing the game because Chamakh is just a bad player, end of.

Arsenal fans will be on the edge of their seats for the whole 90 minutes. Barca will look like scoring every time they come forward, and we'll no doubt look ropey on the back to boot. The success of Arsenal will boil down to Arshavin/Rosicky and Nasri. We need Nasri to pull all the strings, and no doubt he's been pinpointed by Barca as the man to stop. If either or both of Arshavin/Rosicky start, they are going to have to play better than they've played this season. Both have been wasteful and in dire form. They have an abundance of talent, but it's been missing for the whole season. We need something special from the whole team or it's going to be an easy victory for Barca. If Barca score in the first 15 mins, we need the team to pull together rather than let their heads drop which happens a lot. Hopefully Fabregas will be there to hold it all together

Comment

The lads who want to take the piss out of me are too cool IMO. Having some laughs on the interweb. Cool guys.

If you say one thing to them then that offends them or doesnt agree with them' they are crying and winging over the forum looking for sympathy. As I said... Cool guys.

Comment

The lads who want to take the piss out of me are too cool IMO. Having some laughs on the interweb. Cool beans

If you say one thing to them then that offends them or doesnt agree with them' they are crying and winging over the forum looking for sympathy. As I said... Cool beans.
                                                                                                    If this had bean your post you would have bean accepted far quicker.

Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                      plusabillion

This place has become srsly cliquey towards new people lately, which is a real shame.

It wasn't like that when I first started to post, and FWIW that's the only reason I took the 5%.
                                                                                                      I googled plusabillion thinking it was some clever old word that described the situation aptly.
                                                                                                      Turns out not and the first of four links that came up was your post in this thread.

Comment

The lads who want to take the piss out of me are too cool IMO. Having some laughs on the interweb. Cool guys.

If you say one thing to them then that offends them or doesnt agree with them' they are crying and winging over the forum looking for sympathy. As I said... Cool guys.
                                                                                                        Nope, just genuine people laughing at a fairly ridiculous situation tbh.

Key things that I've learnt and continued to learn from poker.

Bankroll Management
                                                                                                        Discipline
                                                                                                        Game Selection

You're exhibiting a complete disregard for all 3 by playing the event for a start.

Leaving the staking side of the conversation aside, you are completely ignoring these issues, which time and time again have turned poker players into gamblers, and into losers.

/don't really have much else to contribute tbh

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                          Just to keep the record straight, he is selling %'s not looking for staking.

It's gonna happen sometimes, don't take it too seriously.

GL in the Student Masters, i'll be keeping an eye on the results

(PS, watch out for Damo sneaking in there)
                                                                                                          http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=96337
                                                                                                          Last edited by Dice75; 08-03-11, 17:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            Song is a big loss but Diaby is well capable of filling that void. Just please don't let it be Denilson. He is way out of his depth big time in the Premiership, so he will be murdered in Barcelona. If his name is on the starting sheet, i'd lump on Barcelona to have this finished by half time.

I'd rather a 75% fit RVP than a fully fit Chamakh or Bendtner. Both of them are horrible at holding the ball up. Give RVP the 45 mins, and if it's not working we make the change at half time. Bendtner is a better choice to bring on if we're chasing the game because Chamakh is just a bad player, end of.

Arsenal fans will be on the edge of their seats for the whole 90 minutes. Barca will look like scoring every time they come forward, and we'll no doubt look ropey on the back to boot. The success of Arsenal will boil down to Arshavin/Rosicky and Nasri. We need Nasri to pull all the strings, and no doubt he's been pinpointed by Barca as the man to stop. If either or both of Arshavin/Rosicky start, they are going to have to play better than they've played this season. Both have been wasteful and in dire form. They have an abundance of talent, but it's been missing for the whole season. We need something special from the whole team or it's going to be an easy victory for Barca. If Barca score in the first 15 mins, we need the team to pull together rather than let their heads drop which happens a lot. Hopefully Fabregas will be there to hold it all together

Diaby has no discipline. He takes too many touches before delivering pass and is unbelievably one footed. Sometimes he can go on these long runs through the pitch but they rarely come to anything. I just cant see him being able to put in a disciplined DMF shift. Hopefully he proves me wrong. I have a feeling it will be Denilson tonight though. I dont rate him any better than Diaby but I think he can play that role better and tbh, I think Id prefer to see him starting ahead of Diaby tonight.

I agree that RVP is head and shoulders above NB and Chamakh. Im just worried that hes gonna pick up an reoccurance of his injury tonight and miss more league matchs which are more important at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                              similar to here so
                                                                                                              As Danny would say: don't go looking for popcorn Michelle
                                                                                                              NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

lmfao, dont think I have ever gotten a 334/1 shot before

Poker Stars $6.00+$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t25/t50 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 1221125
                                                                                                                DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BB): t1385 27.70 BBs
                                                                                                                osti30 (BTN/SB): t1615 32.30 BBs

Pre Flop: (t75) Hero is BB with 5 A
                                                                                                                osti30 raises to t150, Hero raises to t1385 all in, osti30 calls t1235

Flop: (t2770) J A J (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t2770) 5 (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t2770) 5 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t2770
                                                                                                                Hero shows 5 A (a full house, Fives full of Aces)
                                                                                                                osti30 shows K A (two pair, Aces and Jacks)
                                                                                                                Hero wins t2770
                                                                                                                Last edited by Donkathon; 08-03-11, 19:19.

Comment

Random question for college project work.

Anyone who drives - Does stuff fall out of your pocket and down the side of your seat or out the door when you're getting into your car sometimes (phone, money etc.)?

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post

Anyone who drives - Does stuff fall out of your pocket and down the side of your seat or out the door when you're getting into your car sometimes (phone, money etc.)?
                                                                                                                    depends on what im wearing, but no can't say its happened alot.
                                                                                                                    NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

All the time.

Comment

Yes, depends what trousers you're wearing though. My Dad's old car was a nightmare for it, found the guts of a tenner everytime you'd clean the car.

Comment

Yes, Everytime I clean out my car I find a fortune in change under my seat. I look at it as payment for hovering my car. Nothing more dangerous then heading down the motorway reaching round to get a lighter you lost under your seat.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X