X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    Brag: Have lot's of time off ahead of me with the weather turning good

Beat: Got added to the growing heap of unemployed today due to less than two years service

Variance: Kick in the hole I need to get cracking on a new venture

Now to open a cool beer.
    UL Conor.
    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Beat: Got added to the growing heap of unemployed today due to less than two years service

Now to open a cool beer.
      seems like you're taking it in the right spirit, gl with the next steps
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

@lazzare and @KevIRL Come on up here on the pile it really is just great! UL sirs

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          seems like you're taking it in the right spirit, gl with the next steps
          Alcohol is the answer to life's ills.

please drink alcohol responsibly
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Went up to the Tallaght social welfare office to sign on earlier, and after wading through the staff car park full of 08's 09's and 10D motors (including a brand new jeep and a shiny red sports car), I'm met by a gang of other destitutes gathered around a sign telling them to fuck off due to industrial action, with absolutely no information on when to come back.

Fuck civil servants.

Comment

Unlucky Conor, seen as you are very sprightly plus yer two uncles are from Drimnagh like myself, we can scrape together a crack outfit to storm the irish Open and take the readies. I reckon I can take the security guards, they are sually just common Karate black belts, the trick is to clobber them before they take off their shoes and socks. I'll blind myself away until we get the money into the 'safe house' in Rathgar. Whatever I win in the open is mine though we can split the stolen cash, and don't buy anything fancy with the money until I gives the all clear or you'll be strangled in the front seat of your car. Meet you in the gondola for prep.

Comment

Ah beer, the cause of and solution to, all of lifes problems

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    The problem with this and the bullshit that is permeating discourse in America now is the same as the huge problem with the Hurt Locker.
                    They seem to have decided to say ' Lets just every pretend as if this wasn't an illegal and utterly immoral war that was run solely for the benefit of a few corporations '.
                    Wel fck that they need to be made account for it and they can stick their gung ho bullshit right up their arses.
                    It's ridiculously unfair to ask someone in his position to give an opinion like that, I mean come on. Regardless of your feelings over the legality of the war, It's impossible not to have respect for 95% of the soldiers over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                      +1

Look at the 'good things' they are doing in Afghanistan! Chucked out a religious dictatorship and replaced it with a kleptocracy under Karzai. First free election and he outrageously rigs it. Then NATO asks him to fix the problem and he solves it by chucking out the international observers from the electoral commission.
                      New word for the day, TY. I may also ben joining folk on the heap in the very near future, things have taken a pretty bad turn here since January and mention has been made of redundancy. Pretty fucking annoying since I've actually been working hard doing imo a good job but it's the way things are going.
                      "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                        Unlucky Conor, seen as you are very sprightly plus yer two uncles are from Drimnagh like myself, we can scrape together a crack outfit to storm the irish Open and take the readies. I reckon I can take the security guards, they are sually just common Karate black belts, the trick is to clobber them before they take off their shoes and socks. I'll blind myself away until we get the money into the 'safe house' in Rathgar. Whatever I win in the open is mine though we can split the stolen cash, and don't buy anything fancy with the money until I gives the all clear or you'll be strangled in the front seat of your car. Meet you in the gondola for prep.
                        Ha Ha Willie, just don't wear your red jumper this time, it looked terrible splashed all over t'internet.

Comment

Alcohol is the answer to life's ills.

please drink alcohol responsibly
                          UL Conor The World Cup is coming though and the living is said to be easy during the summer...hopefully something will turn up for you soon

Comment

Ha Ha Willie, just don't wear your red jumper this time, it looked terrible splashed all over t'internet.
                            as long as he keeps the auld nipples firmly inside the jumper, who cares?

Comment

UL Conor. It's an all too common situation these days. With a bit of luck, something will turn up

Comment

Now to open a cool beer.
                                Not nice Conor. Get cracking on your lotterly winning skills imo.

Comment

This is absolutely excellent

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    Not nice Conor. Get cracking on your lotterly winning skills imo.
                                    Cheers Dom, pm'ing Rigger as we speak for some strat advice

Comment

as long as he keeps the auld nipples firmly inside the jumper, who cares?
                                      It's a nubbin, not a nipple. The nipple is dicreetly kept under wraps at all times, the nubbin has since been burnt off me with cigarettes butts by a group of Irate hens on a boat in Carrick on Shannon. It seems yer average Hen Party have a low tolerence for Nubbin flashers.

Comment

I was in Dublin for a meeting and dropped into this place which someone recommended http://www.runways.ie/store/content/65/Gait-Analysis/
                                        Guy done a full Gait Analysis which showed I have a pronated running style and selected the correct trainers for long distance running. Great help and I would highly recommend the place for anyone who is a recreational/serious runner. I ended up spending a fortune but at least I will look the part when I go for a run tonight
                                        Last edited by Jackyback; 09-03-10, 16:15.

Comment

UL Conor just saw your post.

Comment

It's a nubbin, not a nipple. The nipple is dicreetly kept under wraps at all times, the nubbin has since been burnt off me with cigarettes butts by a group of Irate hens on a boat in Carrick on Shannon. It seems yer average Hen Party have a low tolerence for Nubbin flashers.
                                            I'd have thought a man of your years would have more sense than to be going anywhere near the vicinity of hen parties?

women loaded on booze are highly dangerous animals, prone to attack with provocation

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                              I was in Dublin for a meeting and dropped into this place which someone recommended http://www.runways.ie/store/content/65/Gait-Analysis/
                                              Guy done a full Gait Analysis which showed I have a pronated running style and selected the correct trainers for long distance running. Great help and I would highly recommend the place for anyone who is a recreational/serious runner. I ended up spending a fortune but at least I will look the part when I go for a run tonight
                                              One born every minute IMO

Gotta hand it to the scoundrel though, you bought into it. I'm getting my head bumps read mysself the weekend. Apparantly it can tell me if I'm accident prone or not. I suspect that I am but sure a 100 quid just for validation and piece of mind.

I'm trolling now aint I?

Comment

Went up to the Tallaght social welfare office to sign on earlier, and after wading through the staff car park full of 08's 09's and 10D motors (including a brand new jeep and a shiny red sports car), I'm met by a gang of other destitutes gathered around a sign telling them to fuck off due to industrial action, with absolutely no information on when to come back.

Fuck civil servants.
                                                When I was in Africa last month I bought a shedload of cheap generic tablets that my son uses at a saving of about €80 a month to me. I posted one packet back to him as he was running short of them and needed some before I came home. The letter never arrived and after about three or four weeks I started getting letters from customs and AnPost about them being confiscated I also had missed calls from some of these eejits. I now have another letter from some body the medicines board or something like that asking me to explain where I bought them, why I bought them, how I came to hear about the place I bought them etc. ad nauseum. If I answer all the questions they might review my case and return the packet (that cost me something like €3) to me.

LMAO at all these spanners chasing me who have now cost the state more than it would have got in taxes off me even if they had nabbed me for the 18 months supply of the same medicines I walked through the airport with without any question.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'd have thought a man of your years would have more sense than to be going anywhere near the vicinity of hen parties?

women loaded on booze are highly dangerous animals, prone to attack with provocation
                                                  My mojo is still salubrious. (unlike yours) I'm younger than yer average Nigerian footballer I'll have you know

Comment

One born every minute IMO

Gotta hand it to the scoundrel though, you bought into it. I'm getting my head bumps read mysself the weekend. Apparantly it can tell me if I'm accident prone or not. I suspect that I am but sure a 100 quid just for validation and piece of mind.

I'm trolling now aint I?
                                                    Yes you are you old fart money well spent if it assists in reducing shin splint pain when running. Going for an 8k jog later will let you know if the €120 trainers are worth it!!

Comment

You know the way one can't datamine on say FTP or stars, is it then illegal to buy hands from say here - for example i can buy 5 million hands of 1/2 NLH for $227.50?

Comment

the arrests in waterford and cork for the plooting to kill the cartoon guy has made CNN, thinks its all a plot really to get Cork and Waterford onto the international Stage!

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                          the arrests in waterford and cork for the plooting to kill the cartoon guy has made CNN, thinks its all a plot really to get Cork and Waterford onto the international Stage!
                                                          Do you think Crystal Swing may be involved?
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                            You know the way one can't datamine on say FTP or stars, is it then illegal to buy hands from say here - for example i can buy 5 million hands of 1/2 NLH for $227.50?
                                                            how could it possibly be illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

LMAO at all these spanners chasing me who have now cost the state more than it would have got in taxes off me even if they had nabbed me for the 18 months supply of the same medicines I walked through the airport with without any question.
                                                              This really tilts me, this country really needs business people and entrepreneurs at the helm.
                                                              Politicians bred from teachers and farmers are nowhere near qualified to stamp out inefficiencies like this.

I've sent the following letter to the indo...

Sir,

Just a quick note to your civil servant readers,

Today I received a 100% private sector pay cut, and following advice decided to download and fill out the necessary forms for signing on the dole for the first time in my 17 years employed. Arriving at the Tallaght social welfare office, I waded through your staff car park chocked full of 08, 09 and 10 registered cars, including a brand new SUV and a shiny red sports car, only to find a group of my fellow destitutes gathered around a sign telling them to go away and come back some other day (it was that vague) due to your 'industrial action'. Your selfishness knows no depths.

Yours,

Conor Tobin
                                                              Newcastle
                                                              Co. Dublin
                                                              Hopefully the fuckers get to read it.

Comment

It's against some sites T+C's, because of fair play and all that.

It's definately not allowed on Fulltilt but im not sure how they can catch you. Just don't tell anyone.

Comment

I love it. The quality of the cars in the car park is a clear indicator of the exorbitant wages given to the staff in the dole office. Confirmation bias at its finest. Please keep playing poker.
                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

i like

I received a 100% private sector pay cut

Comment

well against T&C anyway on FTP so i don't know if i could say its illegal.

Comment

Whats a better site for microstakes cash, full tilt or stars??

Comment

I hear the taxi drivers have half the country closed down so 2 guys can use the jacks while they occupy some office in protest. Strikes are like heroin, surely you should have heard bad press about them by now, why would you do that to yourself?!
                                                                          http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                          donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                            I love it. The quality of the cars in the car park is a clear indicator of the exorbitant wages given to the staff in the dole office. Confirmation bias at its finest. Please keep playing poker.
                                                                            Hardly confirmation bias.

Expensive cars require steady secure employment, the kind I, my fellow dole office visitors and the private sector in general lack. The kind, said whining bitching owners posses.

I think my point went over your head. Keep playing poker.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanzo View Post
                                                                              Whats a better site for microstakes cash, full tilt or stars??
                                                                              Full Tilt, ensure you have rakeback. You wont beat the rake at micro stakes.

Comment

Its funny how public service workers were laughed at during the good times for their lack of gambool and acceptance of lower pay than was available on the free market, now they're being lynched for that foresight and for refusing to pay for the mistakes of said gamboolers.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                  Full Tilt, ensure you have rakeback. You wont beat the rake at micro stakes.
                                                                                  I take it playin .02/.05 on stars is fairly unprofitable then?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryanzo View Post
                                                                                    I take it playin .02/.05 on stars is fairly unprofitable then?
                                                                                    Rake on stars is considerably lower.
                                                                                    May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                      Its funny how public service workers were laughed at during the good times for their lack of gambool and acceptance of lower pay than was available on the free market, now they're being lynched for that foresight and for refusing to pay for the mistakes of said gamboolers.
                                                                                      Is this a level?

Do you expect me to believe that people went into public sector jobs because they could see the whole country was going to be in a mess in the future?

Also without entrepreneurs and business in general, no country in the world can prosper.
                                                                                      (this statement is in no way looking to say that what banks/property developers etc did during the boom was in anyway justified. IMO they are getting off and it is ridiculous.)
                                                                                      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Last March my salary dropped from 38k to 32k, I had to suck it up or get fucked.

Last September, my working week was reduced reducing my salary to 26k.

Yesterday I was told I'd have to take 3 weeks unpaid leave between now and Aug, reducing my salary by a further 2.5k. I was also told that the following day there would be 9 redundancies out of a 650 workforce, but we're not announcing that until tomorrow.

Today I arrive into work at 8am to be told that although I smash through my sales targets every month, although I'm the most productive member of the team, I'm being sent home with two measly weeks wages redundancy because I work there less than two years, and it will cost the company tens of thousands more to get rid of the lazy guy who sits beside me.

Please don't tell me the civil servant in the secure job with the small decrease in the guaranteed wages is the one paying the price.

Comment

These two hands are 4 minutes apart, both times I was stunned to see the chips go the other way. Ouch.

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
                                                                                          NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
                                                                                          SB ($28.24)
                                                                                          BB ($27.34)
                                                                                          UTG ($23.76)
                                                                                          UTG+1 ($74.57)
                                                                                          CO ($25)
                                                                                          Hero ($42.13)

Dealt to Hero K:club: K:spade:

UTG calls $0.25, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.75

FLOP ($2.35) Q:club: 7:diamond: 5:heart:

UTG bets $2.35, Hero calls $2.35

TURN ($7.05) Q:club: 7:diamond: 5:heart: 8:club:

UTG bets $7.05, Hero raises to $28.20, UTG calls $13.36 (AI)

RIVER ($47.87) Q:club: 7:diamond: 5:heart: 8:club: 9:club:

UTG shows 9:spade: 9:heart:
                                                                                          (Pre 19%, Flop 10.0%, Turn 13.6%)

Hero shows K:club: K:spade:
                                                                                          (Pre 81%, Flop 90.0%, Turn 86.4%)

UTG wins $45.48

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
                                                                                          NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
                                                                                          Hero ($26.40)
                                                                                          BB ($46.53)
                                                                                          UTG ($23.65)
                                                                                          UTG+1 ($15.88)
                                                                                          CO ($39.52)
                                                                                          BTN ($23.01)

Dealt to Hero 5:diamond: 5:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.75, BB raises to $1.50, Hero calls $0.75

FLOP ($3) T:diamond: J:club: 5:club:

Hero checks, BB bets $3, Hero raises to $8, BB calls $5

TURN ($19) T:diamond: J:club: 5:club: J:diamond:

Hero bets $16.90 (AI), BB calls $16.90

RIVER ($52.80) T:diamond: J:club: 5:club: J:diamond: J:spade:

Hero shows 5:diamond: 5:heart:
                                                                                          (Pre 19%, Flop 86.0%, Turn 90.9%)

BB shows Q:diamond: Q:heart:
                                                                                          (Pre 81%, Flop 14.0%, Turn 9.1%)

BB wins $50.16
                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Maybe im not going crazy

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                                                                maybe you should read what Kev Lloyd wrote...
                                                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 09-03-10, 18:38.

Comment

Is full tilt working ok for everyone? twice today ive been playing and the site crashes. Anyone else having problems?

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                                                                                                    maybe you should read what Kev wrote...
                                                                                                    Obv i am going crazy

Comment

Last March my salary dropped from 38k to 32k, I had to suck it up or get fucked.

Yesterday I was told I'd have to take 3 weeks unpaid leave between now and Aug, reducing my salary by a further 2.5k. I was also told that the following day there would be 9 redundancies out of a 650 workforce, but we're not announcing that until tomorrow.

Today I arrive into work at 8am to be told that although I smash through my sales targets every month, although I'm the most productive member of the team, I'm being sent home with two measly weeks wages redundancy because I work there less than two years, and it will cost the company tens of thousands more to get rid of the lazy guy who sits beside me.

Please don't tell me the civil servant in the secure job with the small decrease in the guaranteed wages is the one paying the price.
                                                                                                      Totally sick man and they sound like a shower of w*nkers of bosses.

Just been through something similar. Working for an architect for the past ten years. Started off on less than the dole a week as a trial and continued on meagre wages
                                                                                                      for first 4-5 years until i threatened to walk out due to lads being took on and starting on bigger wages.
                                                                                                      My postion was architectural technician but i single handedly kept the office affloat working 14 hour days 6 days a week with very little reward other than i was doing my own bit on the side also. Ive made the practice in the region of 3 million profit. This for a small office is collosal and in the height of the boom our turnover was around 2 million a year.
                                                                                                      So two weeks ago the boss comes up to me and says we're letting you go and cant afford to pay the redundancy so ive to wait 10 fcuking months for a measly state redundancy which equates to about 12k.
                                                                                                      All i said to him was GBFed and i hope he goes bankrupt sooner rather than later cause i`ll be the one who has the last laugh.
                                                                                                      "Quitters never win, Winners never quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                                                                        Leave it!

As Lloyd said in his post

Choosing to post at someone who will not be able to respond right now would be a move seriously lacking in class.

Dont force us to have to issue more bans please

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                          Is full tilt working ok for everyone? twice today ive been playing and the site crashes. Anyone else having problems?

Fine here

Comment

That's pretty sickening, sorry to hear it.

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ7N6V-YKJ8[/ame]

Comment

Time to turn pro i reckon Conor been far too long since ive seen you around, unlucky man and i really hope it all works out for you.
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Say I have an event that is 75% likey to happen.

Bookies have it priced at 1.5. (So bookies have priced event to happen at 50%).

This tells me that there is no value in this right???

But when I run the maths through this im getting at ROI of 12.5%

Say we do 20 bets @ 10 quid stakes. (Total Staked = 200)
                                                                                                                  We win 15 bets (75% of 20 bets) So 15 bets @ 10*15*0.5 = 75 winnings
                                                                                                                  We lose 5 bets. So loss is 5*10 = 50
                                                                                                                  Nett Profit is 25 (75-50) divided by stakes (200) = 12.5% ROI

What am i missing here?

Comment

Originally posted by Fullof..It View Post
                                                                                                                    Say I have an event that is 75% likey to happen.

Bookies have it priced at 1.5. (So bookies have priced event to happen at 50%).
                                                                                                                    This is wrong for a start, if its a coinflip the odds should be even money which would normally mean 10/11 with the bookies.

They have it priced at 75% likely to happen.
                                                                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                      unlucky man and i really hope it all works out for you.
                                                                                                                      Echo this Ul Conor.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                        Time to turn pro i reckon Conor been far too long since ive seen you around, unlucky man and i really hope it all works out for you.
                                                                                                                        Cheers Danny, turn pro? lol sure way to starvation buddy.

I'm actually quite upbeat about the whole thing, I've an exciting business venture that I was working on in my spare time that I can concentrate fully on now, I'm fairly ok money wise too.

Hopefully if things work out like I hope they will I'll get the buzz back for poker and donate again.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                                          This is wrong for a start, if its a coinflip the odds should be even money which would normally mean 10/11 with the bookies.

They have it priced at 75% likely to happen.
                                                                                                                          OK lets say that there is a bookie who marks up to break even.

If he gives odds of 1.57 what % of event happening would I need for hit this 0% edge?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X