Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha know him from Arrested Development, a ringer for Dr. Phil back in the day imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
      It's currently €30 to book a bag onto a Ryanair flight, how much more does it cost to just not book one and pay for one on the day? Or to put an extra one through??
      according to the missus, if you check you bag at checkin on the day its more expensive and you could be snagged with excess baggage charges too. You can also take the bag to the gate, depending how big it is and that is €35 to check it in there
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

My G/f works there, Please follow her guidelines below!!!

Depending on the size of the bag,u could by pass checkin and go to the boarding gate, there are checkin staff at the boarding gates who monitor hand luggage, and these are the ones who will check ur bag in,it will cost u 35Euro,to do this,please note also if u are going to Italy , the checkin staff are always at the gates for the italian flights and nothing passes them ,even if its handluggage or anything else,please remember also,that in the case of travelling with the airline, a shopping bag is classed as the piece of hand luggage, so if u have a small bag and a shopping bag, it needs to be mad into one, piece, can i ask if ur fiance is taking her wedding dress, that it would probably be a good idea for her to book a seat for the wedding dress, and so she cannot worry about it being placed anywhere it will be damaged,With Ryanair u cannot dodge charges, If u check ur bag in on the day at checkin it 50 euro!!!!! The staff in Ryanair cannot do anything for passengers even if they feel sorry for them, as we have mystery passengers who travel with us all the time and watch everything , and we are at risk of loosing our jobs in cases like this, low fares airline, people say they are treated bad ,the staff have a wide range of rules to abide by and are terrified. Sure we havent got a sec to speak to a passenger as we do 25min turnarounds!!! Anyway if u have any more questions ,post and Deadparrot will pass the message on to me :-)
        Last edited by DeadParrot; 05-03-10, 21:26.
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
          No I was never much of a joiner

Thinking that the union and its members are the same thing is extremely naive. You might have some little grain of truth regarding some of the smaller unions but for the bigger ones especially the PS ones you might as well say that Manchester United Is its fans.

I have had a bit of experience of them from the other side. I've seen them close viable businesses ,I've seen them try to put people out of business. I remember families almost starving in the 70's while moronic ideological strikes were dragged on and on. I've seen people blackguarded out of their job and out of the country for standing up to them. And I've seen the union bosses for generations feeding at the trough, taking backhanders and semistate positions as a reward for their hard work on behalf of their comrades.

The pension deficit in Waterford Crystal is criminal and a huge failure of all the players including the Unions to get proper protection into legislation.
          I would say that blind faith in the state and your employer is naive.
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Kayroo: King's Inns Maiden's Debating Winner 2010.

SHIP!
            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Bah at people calling 4bets with Q698 no suits oop and pinging the old 888 flop. Bah.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                Bah at people calling 4bets with Q698 no suits oop and pinging the old 888 flop. Bah.
                and you stacked off with AAxx...

Comment

Does anyone know any pubs/clubs in Dublin with standard pool tables? 7ft x 4ft ones that are in good condition.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                    I would say that blind faith in the state and your employer is naive.
                    Its not blind though, I know my contract and I expect only what the law offers over and above it.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

So quiet here tonight. I reckon everyone is watching the Late Late eurovision special, hoping crystal swing will be the special guests.
                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                        Does anyone know any pubs/clubs in Dublin with standard pool tables? 7ft x 4ft ones that are in good condition.
                        There's a hotel/club with a big brass statue outside it near the back of st stephens green shopping centre. It's got quite a few tables. Can't remember the name of it tho.

Dr quirkeys on oconnell street has snooker and pool but ive no idea what condition the tables in there would be in.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                          So quiet here tonight. I reckon everyone is watching the Late Late eurovision special, hoping crystal swing will be the special guests.
                          LOL that would make it alright.
                          Johnny Logan is giving everyone stick, its great tv but alas, the pub is calling

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                            My name is DBC.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwNi8dzj0S8[/ame]

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdWxIC8yhrg[/ame]

Comment

Fuck off C4 and their anti embedding policy. And while I'm at it fuck off Sony and your regional restrictions, yeah go ahead and play all your illegally downloaded shit on your ps3 but no way we're letting you play your legit region1 or region 4 dvds.

Comment

regarding the BBJ on absolute i've noticed its gone up $50K since it was won yesterday(or day before) - didn't think the traffic was that high on absolute...

Comment

Went to stick on Jools Holland Hootenanny and the fucking sky + has only gone and automatically deleted it.

What a load of bollox. FML
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Emmet02: You know the way you've signed up through pokersource to get the free $50, can you still get the sign up bonus offer that keeps poppin up everytime we open the software?

Comment

Is the Jonathon Ross show recorded? Or is the Late Late Show recorded?

I just turned on Jonathon Woss and Michael Ball is a guest, I was in another room earlier and Michael Ball was just being interviewed on the Late Late.
                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                          Emmet02: You know the way you've signed up through pokersource to get the free $50, can you still get the sign up bonus offer that keeps poppin up everytime we open the software?
                                          No, Emmet02 has a life, and won't be online till at least 3.30am, when he'll be beating off girls with a stick 'cause he needs his beauty sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                            Is the Jonathon Ross show recorded? Or is the Late Late Show recorded?

I just turned on Jonathon Woss and Michael Ball is a guest, I was in another room earlier and Michael Ball was just being interviewed on the Late Late.
                                            Jonathon Ross show is recorded on the tuesday.

Comment

No, Emmet02 has a life, and won't be online till at least 3.30am, when he'll be beating off girls with a stick 'cause he needs his beauty sleep.
                                              fairly sure he's online since he's posting in the staking threads

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                fairly sure he's online since he's posting in the staking threads
                                                Still struggling with correct use of that smiley I see!

Comment

Lady GaGa is smokin hot imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
                                                    There's a hotel/club with a big brass statue outside it near the back of st stephens green shopping centre. It's got quite a few tables. Can't remember the name of it tho.

Dr quirkeys on oconnell street has snooker and pool but ive no idea what condition the tables in there would be in.
                                                    Break for the border? not really sure that's what he's looking for though.
                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 06-03-10, 00:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                      Your smokin something hot thats made you GaGa (no imo)

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                        Your smokin something hot thats made you GaGa (no imo)
                                                        ye are all gaga on here

really its the worst reading thats been on here in a while

and what i wouldnt give for a kebab right about now

note the good use of the smileys so as to keep zuutroy happy

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Happened to stumble upon this masterpiece of a post over on t'other side...

Originally posted by Ironman
                                                          I once had a hot chicken karachi washed down with 7 pints of old speckled hen. Was hanging the next morning, and made a huge berry smoothie, followed by a greasy breakfast roll. A couple of early tremors mid morning lead me to the conclusion that things were going to get really nasty by lunchtime.

I was in an elevator heading to the top floor, when it stopped on the 2nd floor. Who should get on only a senior government minister, two senior civil servants, and a parliamentary press secretary?! By now the pressure on the sheriffs badge was becoming intolerable. I decided to try the slow pressure release ploy, not wanting to let a pants buster go in polite company.

I discreetly took the top off the the gas field. Not a sound. Smiled slightly as I thought the danger was averted. My joy lasted about 1 second, as suddenly my nose was assaulted by the smell of festering swamp water/rotten sillage and washed up anchovies. A stomach turning, nose hair burning, eye watering smell.

A second passed. Suddenly one of the civil servants face begins to grimace. A look of panic spread over his face. "Jesus Christ" he roared before covering his face with his sleeve. The other three soon followed, spluttering, wretching, covering their noses with their shirt sleeves etc. I decided to get in on the act.

I'd say only a few more seconds passed, but it felt like hours. Fetid, rotten cheese. They were getting off on the 6th floor, not the top floor. The doors opened, and they piled out like caged animals being released. Being the sneaky deviant I am, I took my sleeve away from my nose, and said to their backs "Whichever of you dropped that really needs to visit a doctor". The doors closed, and I proceeded to the top floor for lunch.
                                                          give it your obrigado...http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost....3&postcount=46

Comment

Originally posted by eight-ball View Post
                                                            ye are all gaga on here

really its the worst reading thats been on here in a while

and what i wouldnt give for a kebab right about now

note the good use of the smileys so as to keep zuutroy happy
                                                            Note the quality use of the ignore list

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                              Note the quality use of the ignore list
                                                              don't think zuutroy is going to be happy with that smiley effort

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Happened to stumble upon this masterpiece of a post over on t'other side...
                                                                Guess he isnt half the ironman he thought he was

Comment

that's mad ted

A distinguished academic, Professor Joe Weiler of New York University, is facing criminal prosecution in France on charges of defamation because he published a negative book review. The review was written by another very distinguished scholar, Thomas Weigend. This is a very disturbing development that threatens to chill academic debate. Professor Weiler has written a detailed account of the issues in the recent issue of the European Journal of International Law. In response to his appeal, I have already sent a letter of support, cosigned by my colleagues Prof. Carsten Stahn and Prof. Kai Ambos, in my capacity as editor in chief of the Criminal Law Forum.
                                                                  A distinguished academic, Professor Joe Weiler of New York University, is facing criminal prosecution in France on charges of defamation bec...

There are some people out there who appear to believe that anything they don’t like is defamation — or anything that makes them look bad, even if it’s true. Fortunately, that&#821…

Comment

Went to see The Crazies. Bad storyline but i did jump out of my chair a few times!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                      He came along as a guest in October but he's living in South Wicklow now and seems to spend all his time traveling on buses to work in a bank in Dublin
                                                                      LOL, I was in that situation, i now live 45 seconds walk (literally) from work and i can get up at 8.30 to be in work on time.

Comment

Howd you finish up after?
                                                                        Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          did he do the thing with the thing that we talked about last night?
                                                                          He really did it was loltastic!

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                          It was a special level of badness! Imagine how bad you'd feel if you'd actually went to the cinema to watch it
                                                                          I did go to the cinema to watch it

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                          I loved it! It knew exactly what it was and absolutely embraced it. Don't go if you want anything serious or with any substance but it didn't attempt to give the impression it'd ever be about any of those things. It was pretty much a p-ss take, like Crank or Shoot Em Up. It was almost worth going for the Pulp Fiction reference alone...
                                                                          Oh i knew exactly what it was gonna be but i still have no love for it, for shame on you even mentioning it in the same breath as Crank and Shoot Em Up

I just couldnt believe the whole "motherfucking" cursing thing he done the exact same thing in The Taking of Phelam 123

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                          I had planned to watch this tonight, knowing my taste i will probably come back with a review of 10/10
                                                                          Yeah you weirdo so did you actually watch it?

Freak!
                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Shippage.....

exit hand: -could i get away from it?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 55 Tournament, 8000/16000 Blinds 1600 Ante (4 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Hero (UTG) (t306178)
                                                                            Button (t707122)
                                                                            SB (t662396)
                                                                            BB (t508804)

Hero's M: 10.07

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8, 8
                                                                            Hero bets t42000, 2 folds, BB raises to t507204 (All-In), Hero calls t262578 (All-In)

Flop: (t623556) 5, 3, 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t623556) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t623556) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t623556

Results:
                                                                            BB had 10, 10 (two pair, tens and fives).
                                                                            Hero had 8, 8 (two pair, eights and fives).
                                                                            Outcome: BB won t623556

BTW I finished 6th in this tourney for $4.2k on the 17th of Jan. Good year for me so far even though I'm runing like sh1t.
                                                                            Last edited by newbie2; 06-03-10, 03:18. Reason: added result of previous tourney

Comment

Nice score man!

Makes my "just finished 5th in a $5 rebuy on Ipoker for $750" look like a pile of puke

Comment

wd Newbie2.

never folding there btw

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

could someone pm me with the new cousins details

thanks in advance

Comment

...

Comment

BRAG- Went out with enough stake money (winnings) for two day binge
                                                                                          BEAT- Can't walk
                                                                                          VARIANCE- Everything brought to me

ugh though. Twisted my knee btw.

Fock as yanks say.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                                                            Shippage.....

exit hand: -could i get away from it?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 55 Tournament, 8000/16000 Blinds 1600 Ante (4 handed) - Poker-Stars Hand Converter from HandHistoryConverter.com

Hero (UTG) (t306178)
                                                                                            Button (t707122)
                                                                                            SB (t662396)
                                                                                            BB (t508804)

Hero's M: 10.07

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8, 8
                                                                                            Hero bets t42000, 2 folds, BB raises to t507204 (All-In), Hero calls t262578 (All-In)

Flop: (t623556) 5, 3, 2 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t623556) 5 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t623556) 6 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t623556

Results:
                                                                                            BB had 10, 10 (two pair, tens and fives).
                                                                                            Hero had 8, 8 (two pair, eights and fives).
                                                                                            Outcome: BB won t623556

BTW I finished 6th in this tourney for $4.2k on the 17th of Jan. Good year for me so far even though I'm runing like sh1t.
                                                                                            Nice one Zac. Stake me in Wicklow arms :P

WP mate.

PS. Jokin. WP.

But........ I fold the exit hand.

Comment

Got a present of a book. It got bad reviews. Sick that i'll prob have to read it

Comment

Somebody call Peter Jackson and tell him he owes me 3 hours of my life, The Lovely Bones was painful.

Also WP newbie2, nice score

Comment

Originally posted by Essien View Post
                                                                                                  Somebody call Peter Jackson and tell him he owes me 3 hours of my life, The Lovely Bones was painful.

Also WP newbie2, nice score
                                                                                                  Are you really Essien by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                    Are you really Essien by any chance?
                                                                                                    No, trains scare the shit outta me

eddiehead on boards. edit: now essien too, never sorted my account after the hack
                                                                                                    Last edited by Essien; 06-03-10, 10:29.

Comment

Busy day yesterday so didnt get round to this.

Sat 6th March

Now Rugby - Super 14's Warraths v Sharks SS2
                                                                                                      12:30 - Soccer FA Cup Portsmouth v Birmingham ITV1, Set Ireland
                                                                                                      15:00 - Soccer EPL Arsenal v Burnley Set Ireland
                                                                                                      15:00 - Hurling Fitzgibbon Cup final NUIG v WIT TG4
                                                                                                      17:20 - Soccer FA Cup Fulham v Spurs ITV1, Set Ireland
                                                                                                      17:30 - Soccer EPL Wolves v Man Utd ESPN
                                                                                                      17:35 - Rugby Premiership Leicster v London Irish SS2
                                                                                                      18:30 - Rugby Magners League Dragons v Munster Setanta
                                                                                                      19:00 - Soccer La Liga Almeria v Barcelona SS3
                                                                                                      19:30 - Gaelic Football NFL Cork v Galway Set Ireland
                                                                                                      21:00 - Soccer La Liga Real Madrid v Sevilla SS3

Sun 7th March

13:45 - Soccer FA Cup Reading v Aston Villa ITV1, Set Ireland
                                                                                                      14:30 - Rugby Premiership Sale Sharks v Northampton SS2
                                                                                                      14:30 - Gaelic Football NFL Kerry v Derry TG4
                                                                                                      14:30 - Hurling NHL Tipp v Kilkenny Set Ireland
                                                                                                      16:00 - Soccer EPL Everton v Hull SS1
                                                                                                      16:00 - Soccer FA Cup Chelsea v Stoke ITV1, Set Ireland
                                                                                                      18:00 - Soccer La Liga Athletic Bilbao v Vallidolid

Comment

No, trains scare the shit outta me

eddiehead on boards
                                                                                                        Feckin knew it....

I want Essien

Comment

Feckin knew it....

I want Essien
                                                                                                          Lol, sorry to disappoint.

Comment

This is why Jay Z is a genius. Makes Linkin park something you would listen too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBnJnXq4YQ8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRNeI2oLBXw[/ame]

Comment

Was at a shavball match last night, St Pats vs Galway and standing no less than 10 feet away was Nick Leeson all i could think was man you fucked up
                                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

This is why Jay Z is a genius. Makes Linkin park something you would listen too.
                                                                                                                Collision course is pretty good alright, pity it only had a few tracks on it.

Comment

Collision course is pretty good alright, pity it only had a few tracks on it.

Originally posted by CHD

Essien, a legend.

Essien, A winner.

Essien, Ain't afraid of trains.

Essien, We love him.
                                                                                                                  Love you Essien xx

Comment

Love you Essien xx
                                                                                                                    Bad news for yis that he is out for most of season, good news for United though

Comment

How would I get a custom tagline "I ain't afraid of trains"

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                                        Bad news for yis that he is out for most of season, good news for United though
                                                                                                                        However, unfortunately for United, he's already been out since early December and strangely enough we're still top

Comment

However, unfortunately for United, he's already been out since early December and strangely enough we're still top
                                                                                                                          Ok I'm not getting into this.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X