Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As per in here the Andy Murray hate is sad. The guy is a top top player although he will have no legacy without a Grand Slam (i.e Henman). He is an exciting player to watch and wears his heart on his slieve. Who fucking cares if his mam is in the stands. Roger Federer had Gwen Stefani and Bush up in the stands for an entire wimbledon which was extremely sad imo but it didn't take away from the fact that he is a fucking legend. Murrays demeanour is awful when he is losing but tell me what top performer in the world of sport is as happy as The-Rigger when he is losing. We see a lot of Murray losing in the business end of big tourneys about 6 times a year hence why everyone thinks he is a moany prick.

CHD and others example about SSN dropping losers from the British Empire is hilarious. You just hear it when you want. Despite what you want to believe Murray,Coulthard,Clarke,Mcilroy,Irvine and McDowell are all british. Nobody had a more successful 2010 than Gmac(apart from Tony McCoy and Phil Taylor apparently) But if you asked any neutral from around the world where he's from they would say Northern Ireland and not Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
      We've learned this fairly quickly! Middle of last December free as a bird, then the 'surprise' happened; now baby in August and getting married in four months. It's amazing how quickly you adjust. Wouldn't even want to go back to mid-December tbh
      this is the grief model. You havnt had time to accept the situation yet so I'll give you one guess where you are

Comment

We've learned this fairly quickly! Middle of last December free as a bird, then the 'surprise' happened; now baby in August and getting married in four months. It's amazing how quickly you adjust. Wouldn't even want to go back to mid-December tbh
        will be expecting the whole of ipb to be inviteed to this

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Just photoshop the guy with the shotgun as her father and you're there
          I asked you this a few weeks ago! must dig out your reply for the LOLs
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

sigh staying off the drink is easier when one has no money

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                We started our family in our mid twenties and I still behave like a teenager in some respects.
                You don't grow up you just grow older.
                I don't like giving advice and everyone is different but IMO in general younger people invest way too much in planning for a materially prosperous future that never really comes, they think it is somehow wrong to have kids unless you already have the house and the car and the job etc.
                Life is very very short, don't sit back waiting for stuff to happen, go with what feels right for you. When you have kids its defining the rest of your life, in some ways , but not in every way.
                Good post Tony. I got married at 21, now married 11 years have 4 kids and all at the age of 32. I was always an early starter the plan is to chill out at 45/50 when the kids have grown up.

Comment

home and away wasnt bad today

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    HH, are you catching heat from the families to get down to the Happy Ring House and do the decent thing?

always wanted to be part of a shotgun wedding, even vicariously
                    kind of thiinking that want the kid to be grown up enough to walk down the aisle and bring her the ring. Would love to marry her, but want it to be to be right.
                    chuckle, chuckle

schadenfreude is delicious imo

oh and er, congratulations on your upcoming nuptials

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                      the plan is to chill out at 45/50 when the kids have grown up.
                      bastardo!!

you'll be a grandad by then of course

Comment

Played a snooker match for the golf club last night and got hammered by a guy with only one hand. FML.

(he was class in fairness)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Listing names of Northern Irish, Scottish or Welsh sportspeople doesn't prove anything. Specific example needed of a journalist referring to one of these as British when they were in with a shout and then Northern Irish or Scottish when they lost?

FWIW I'd be 99.9% sure that Barry McGuigan was always referred to as Northern Irish win or lose... the UK media really liked having a feel good 'through the divide' story about NornIron to report on.
                          It pretty much was constant at one stage, so much so that I remember BBC lads got to taking the piss out of themselves about it

Listing them off was a running joke in our house when I was a kid

"I see ye are claiming him now etc" (my Dad is and Englander swinehuntz as so delightfully put by the flag waving, Union jack jocks wearing jackeen bastard Solskjaer)

Brilliant one a few years ago (cannot find it on youtube) with Samuel l. Jackson being interviewed on ITV
                          Woman asks him about working with "our Colin Farrel"
                          puzzled look by Jackson "but he is Irish"
                          woman : "ya but you know..."

Jackson read her the riot act about no wonder no ones likes the English

The slightly nastier side of it was when something good happened in the North, it was Northern Ireland, when they went killing each other they were Irish

Still we do the same, Darren Clarke etc can look very Northie when he is missing 5ft puts

I thought it was funny during the lead-up to and the week of the Ryder Cup though, when all the ulster tv stations were Irish this and Irish that,
                          We were all Irish for that week

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                          Sorry, wasn't in the habit of recording snippits of TV over the years!
                          LIES!!!

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                          In fairness to the Englanders swinehuntz Young Barry took British citizenship so he could box there so they were entitled to say he was one of them. I think Armani might not be listening out for it like we do,
                          Ya Armani, where is the hate?

How are the English supposed to feel all superior to you if you will not act like a childish bollix every time you meet them

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                              As per in here the Andy Murray hate is sad. The guy is a top top player although he will have no legacy without a Grand Slam (i.e Henman). He is an exciting player to watch and wears his heart on his slieve. Who fucking cares if his mam is in the stands. Roger Federer had Gwen Stefani and Bush up in the stands for an entire wimbledon which was extremely sad imo but it didn't take away from the fact that he is a fucking legend. Murrays demeanour is awful when he is losing but tell me what top performer in the world of sport is as happy as The-Rigger when he is losing. We see a lot of Murray losing in the business end of big tourneys about 6 times a year hence why everyone thinks he is a moany prick.

CHD and others example about SSN dropping losers from the British Empire is hilarious. You just hear it when you want. Despite what you want to believe Murray,Coulthard,Clarke,Mcilroy,Irvine and McDowell are all british. Nobody had a more successful 2010 than Gmac(apart from Tony McCoy and Phil Taylor apparently) But if you asked any neutral from around the world where he's from they would say Northern Ireland and not Britain.
                              Undeniably he's a top player, that doesn't mean you have to like him. It doesn't matter where he's from, his continual fist-pumping drives me mad, just like Li Na ranting at her husband when she does a bad shot.
                              As for the McDowell bit 'ask any neutral' come on, outside of Eurpean golf fans, they'd be asking you who the fook you are on about, followed by where's Northern Ireland followed by where's Great Britain.

Comment

Anyone have any experience of replacing iPhone 3GS battery?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  We started our family in our mid twenties and I still behave like a teenager in some respects.
                                  You don't grow up you just grow older.
                                  I don't like giving advice and everyone is different but IMO in general younger people invest way too much in planning for a materially prosperous future that never really comes, they think it is somehow wrong to have kids unless you already have the house and the car and the job etc.
                                  Life is very very short, don't sit back waiting for stuff to happen, go with what feels right for you. When you have kids its defining the rest of your life, in some ways , but not in every way.
                                  that is some excellent advice.
                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                    Played a snooker match for the golf club last night and got hammered by a guy with only one hand. FML.

(he was class in fairness)
                                    did he really only have one hand or did he do the 'I could beat you with one hand tied behind my back' thing?

sounds like you got pwned either way

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                      Undeniably he's a top player, that doesn't mean you have to like him. It doesn't matter where he's from, his continual fist-pumping drives me mad, just like Li Na ranting at her husband when she does a bad shot.
                                      As for the McDowell bit 'ask any neutral' come on, outside of Eurpean golf fans, they'd be asking you who the fook you are on about, followed by where's Northern Ireland followed by where's Great Britain.
                                      Did you miss the entire year of 2010?

Comment

Won the U.S Open, The poster boy for Europes winning ryder cup team and beat up Tiger in his own event. Plus 2 other wins last season. Golf is as worldwide a sport as it gets and any golf fan around the world will know who Gmac is and where he's from.
                                        If ya hate Murray fair enough, it's the British thing that i think is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                          Did you miss the entire year of 2010?
                                          So you're telling me that neutrals all around the world know he's from Northern Ireland.

Comment

If ya hate Murray fair enough, it's the British thing that i think is sad.
                                            I just hate him coz he's a mammy's boy

the fact that he's Scottish is just a bonus

Comment

So you're telling me that neutrals all around the world know he's from Northern Ireland.
                                              Sports fans / Golf fans who i was talking about, sure.

Comment

So no one ever warned you about the downside of de eastern European burds with their tight arses and shapely breastages?

Bit late now but... you probably should know they have the ability na the inclination to turn all Catlick on you faster than a fat Mayo burd who just got drunk with a moving statue of de Virgin Mary

Comment

did he really only have one hand or did he do the 'I could beat you with one hand tied behind my back' thing?

sounds like you got pwned either way
                                                  No he actually had one hand! His sleeve was covering it but it seemed he just had a stump at his wrist and rested the cue on that. There was one shot where the cue ball was tight in front of a ball and where we would usually use our fingers for leverage he just moved the cue further up his arm.

It was impressive to watch and fair fooks to that man IMO its inspiring to see people overcome adversity like that and achieve a good level of skill in a game he obviously loves. Muchos respectos.

When am I putting you into a tourney you jammy fucker? Jan/early Feb isnt great but we can sort something. I can put you into something in the Fitz online if you are in a rush?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                    So no one ever warned you about the downside of de eastern European burds with their tight arses and shapely breastages?
                                                    just as I read this, this slipped past my spam filter.

the 'very tolerant' bit piqued my interest

Hello honey!! I am for a good mature man.

As for myself, I am a pretty Ukrainian lady.
                                                    Are you fond of Ukrainian ladies??

We are not just pretty and clever, but very tolerant as well..
                                                    Ukrainian ladies? esteem family and tend to be with their beloved ones a great deal of right time..

It's right time to meet each other!
                                                    I'll be waiting for you on international marriage site. Bye dear!!

International Marriage Agency
                                                    <http://datinglesbo.ru>

Comment

It is fact. They are British when winning and Northern Irish etc when the lose.

We are guilty of it too, Northern golfers are Irishmen when they win.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                        Good post Tony. I was always an early starter the plan is to chill out at 35/36 when the kid has grown up.
                                                        FYP for myself
                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

When am I putting you into a tourney you jammy fucker? Jan/early Feb isnt great but we can sort something. I can put you into something in the Fitz online if you are in a rush?
                                                          no rush, I'm happy to wait until you're around

the SE100 2nd Thursday game this day 2 weeks would be good but only if you're playing

Comment

There was a knock on the door this morning,

I opened it and there was a young bloke standing there who said:

"I'm a Jehovah's Witness".

I said "Come in and sit down."

"Now what do you want to talk about"?

He said, " Fucked if I know - I've never got this far before

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                              FYP for myself
                                                              what age did you kick off at Iago, always thought you were an auld fella like myself?

Comment

It is fact. They are British when winning and Northern Irish etc when the lose.

We are guilty of it too, Northern golfers are Irishmen when they win.
                                                                Pt 1. False. It is your opinion.
                                                                Pt 2. True. 95% of Irish golf fans call them Irish regardless and it drives them mad when they are called British. Which they are. I wouldn't. The big reason for this in the golfing world is that NI is very rarely represented as a team, it's always ireland from youth level to pro level and the Nordies have no problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Times Richard Keys Piece

As exercises in damage limitation go, it was like walking into Versailles’ Hall of Mirrors wearing a suicide bomber’s exploding vest.
                                                                  Enjoyed this line in the Irish Times today talking about Keys appearance on Talksport y'day

Comment

no rush, I'm happy to wait until you're around

the SE100 2nd Thursday game this day 2 weeks would be good but only if you're playing
                                                                    Im at a charity gig in the laughter lounge that night (which I will be pimping out here soon) but I will figure something else out and get back to you.

Comment

Pt 1. False. It is your opinion.
                                                                      Pt 2. True. 95% of Irish golf fans call them Irish regardless and it drives them mad when they are called British. Which they are. I wouldn't. The big reason for this in the golfing world is that NI is very rarely represented as a team, it's always ireland from youth level to pro level and the Nordies have no problem with it.
                                                                      I disagree with you.

Comment

Ianprior‎ (Twitter) - "Major and boy do I mean it - football exclusive coming up on guardian.co.uk sometime around 5.30."

Opr

Comment

what age did you kick off at Iago, always thought you were an auld fella like myself?
                                                                          Well while I wouldn't advise it for anybody, and certainly not to my son in particular, I managed to become a father at the tender age of 16

So I'm 34 now and my son will be 18 this year. Still have to get through leaving cert year next year but after that he can start supporting me for a change

No plans for any more kids at this point so that could be me done and dusted by around 35 or so!

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                            Ianprior‎ (Twitter) - "Major and boy do I mean it - football exclusive coming up on guardian.co.uk sometime around 5.30."

Opr
                                                                            Bollox, now I gotta stay up.

Comment

Im at a charity gig in the laughter lounge that night (which I will be pimping out here soon) but I will figure something else out and get back to you.
                                                                              whatever you like, a Fitz Monday, Thurs or scalps game would be just as good!

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp6GmjIt3xA[/ame]
                                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

After the womens letting me down in a tennis double, i need Ferrer to dispose of Murray for the $$$ after Djok got the first part of my double up in the mens

Comment

Well while I wouldn't advise it for anybody, and certainly not to my son in particular, I managed to become a father at the tender age of 16

So I'm 34 now and my son will be 18 this year. Still have to get through leaving cert year next year but after that he can start supporting me for a change

No plans for any more kids at this point so that could be me done and dusted by around 35 or so!
                                                                                    wow, that certainly trumps jackyback

you need to have one more to ensure the survival of the human race though

Comment

Bollox, now I gotta stay up.
                                                                                      Jose gone ?

Opr

Comment

Indeed same as the rugby. I always find it funny when the Ulster Branch sing the English Anthem and not ours. Tommy Bowe prefers Irish but not to sure about Ferris but as he is a beast he is Irish imo. Rory best can fuck off tho

Comment

United have re-signed Ronaldo.

Comment

One of my very good friends has a son who is closer to my age than he is.

Bizarre scenario when I discovered it after knowing the guy over a year!

Re: the northern Ireland sports business. It is possible to be Irish and British you realise? They're not mutually exclusive, ask the passport office!

Comment

Opr
                                                                                              Jimbo joining SKY one time.

Or, Bill O'Herlihy and Eamonn Dunphy signed to do Monday Night Football.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                United have re-signed Ronaldo.
                                                                                                the fat one or the gay one?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                  After the womens letting me down in a tennis double, i need Ferrer to dispose of Murray for the $$$ after Djok got the first part of my double up in the mens
                                                                                                  why are you doing multiples?

Comment

just as I read this, this slipped past my spam filter.

the 'very tolerant' bit piqued my interest
                                                                                                    Delete that spam post quick Raoul.

If Kayroo sees it there will be an international incident.

Comment

the fat one or the gay one?
                                                                                                      Both!

Comment

sorry to disappoint you but in your fcuking dreams you're never finished with them

Comment

Jose gone ?

Opr
                                                                                                          Nah they signed Adebayor and he wants that CL with a spanish side.

Hopefully something good but prob be ESPN sign Keys and Gray or something.

Comment

wow, that certainly trumps jackyback

you need to have one more to ensure the survival of the human race though
                                                                                                            bollocks to that, someone else can take that baton up

Comment

bollocks to that, someone else can take that baton up
                                                                                                              and....step forward Sir Elton!!

Comment

Jimbo joining SKY one time.
                                                                                                                I extend your one time. You can be sure his agent is working overtime to get him the gig. Himself and Glendenning for the dream team.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

don't know if this was up before

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                    why are you doing multiples?
                                                                                                                    A 9/1 double is far more enticing to me than lumping on a single to get the same money. I'm ok with losing the stake on a double

Comment

Chris Kamara for the number one spot on Sky Sports

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                                        Enjoyed this line in the Irish Times today talking about Keys appearance on Talksport y'day
                                                                                                                        Fitz 2nite?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          Fitz 2nite?
                                                                                                                          Nah work in the morning, so have decided to go for pints instead!!

Might play monthly game on Sat, remind me to ship the EPT monies to you when I see you, i'll prob forget

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X