Clear All

You could spend a while posting classic Djokovic clips

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAt0O-RkRwk[/ame]

His impersonation of this is funny too.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2FWfQVaCBU[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtroAInG-1A[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
      Like, over here its standard enough for people to be going out with each other in their early / mid twenties for months / years maybe and not feel the pressure to move in together. Over there, that would be very much the exception than the rule. People are going out for a couple of months and they're pushing it forward.

Some good posts above about how we act like teenagers in our twenties or go the complete other way and end up planning, planning for the perfect financial situation to get married, etc. I think they're valid points obviously, but I think a bigger difference between the two cultures when it comes to this stuff is that we need an awful lot more approval and vetting from friends and family as a general rule.

Like, when was the last time someone you knew eloped and got married with little prior warning and / or the big formal planned wedding? We really aren't as impulsive when it comes to relationships as other parts of the world - and that might be one of the biggest and most obvious aspects of our strong religious heritage.
      Good post. Also divorce is more common in America, probably as high as 40%, accounts for the more impulsive type young marriages you describe I suppose. I'm guessing ours is probably <10% still even though divorce has been around now awhile. Another pointer to the religious heritage that still exists or our stubbornness.
      "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
        i notice our man in cairo is gone very quite
        media lock down
        or
        has he been killed

or

is he running through the sudanese desert with 2 suitcases full of egyptian pounds
        SPOILER
        i am doing this the old fashioned way and didn't google to see if pounds is the correct currency
        after taking chd's advice yesterday and join the looting, would be great if he got a 60" tv as well and had that strapped to his back
        Pounds is right.

Heading to the Airport tonight, there will probably be people on the street so I have to balance it between avoiding the rush hour and the time that they will come out to play for the weekend.
        The big test will be after Friday Prayers tomorrow. If they can get a huge mostly peaceful crowd out then it will put fierce pressure on the Government.
        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
          Thanks a lot!
          Also had a listen to it as well last night cracking mix keep up the good work
          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

anyone playing the Voodoo tournament league final tonight?
            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              as long as Mammy's Boy Murray doesn't win, I'm happy
              Like, he'll have no better chance to win a grand slam than now. Liking Djork really liking him for this like.
              And please not Murray, please. The frenzy will be deafening. I hope they get Andy Gray in to commentate on the wimmins matches, the Aussies would appreicate him.

Comment

Never quite understood all the hatred for Andy Murray - think he more than deserves a major at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                  If someone goes off and gets married on the sneaky the only reason people disaprove/are disappointed is because they all miss out on a good piss up
                  I know you're half joking (and are somewhat right! ), but your Ma would want to disown you (well most Irish mothers), and we're a lot more concerned about keeping our Mums happy than the rest of the Western World are.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    Never quite understood all the hatred for Andy Murray - think he more than deserves a major at this stage.
                    it's because he keeps looking up to his mother in the stands for reassurance

man up FFS
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I know you're half joking (and are somewhat right! ), but your Ma would want to disown you (well most Irish mothers), and we're a lot more concerned about keeping our Mums happy than the rest of the Western World are.
                      cough/Italians!/cough

Comment

it's because he keeps looking up to his mother in the stands for reassurance

man up FFS
                        It is because when he is going close the English claim him and when he loses he is Scottish.

Comment

Lloyd what's your opinion on the fact gerrard has a negative effect on the current Liverpool team

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                            Also had a listen to it as well last night cracking mix keep up the good work
                            Danny, whats the add on for firefox that gives a check mark after a download link ? I tried greasemonkey and link checker but cant get it to work.

Got the new netbook yesterday so cleaning it up and installing a few things, nice piece of kit but the speakers seem kinda shite tbh, may get some external ones.

edit: found it...because i was using hotfile i didnt include the RS checker....doh !!!
                            Last edited by oleras; 27-01-11, 12:32.
                            This too shall pass.

Comment

as long as Mammy's Boy Murray doesn't win, I'm happy
                              Its just a pity that the engerlish have taken him as one of theirs otherwise i'd be rooting for him, if he doesn't win this he must be some bottler he won't get a chance like this again, like

Comment

in other news somone in life insurance is going to get the sack when i die
                                400k life insurance and 100k serious illness and never requested a medical on a 40yr old 120kg man
                                shipp the zero loading
                                which amouts to quite a saving compared to the other crowd iam with

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

chortle:

Andy Gray when signing for wolves in 1980. "I'd like to finish my career at molineux...... "

job done

Comment

@ Rasta - Think it was you looking at NYC flights in March. 75 quid off return flights with the promo code - 75THUSA2

Aer Lingus is delighted to offer an exclusive discount of €75 off return flights to the USA to celebrate their 75th birthday.

Opr

Comment

Is Djokovic worth a nibble at 4/6 to win the Australian Open outright? Sounds tempting, but probably won't bother

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                        It is because when he is going close the English claim him and when he loses he is Scottish.
                                        Honest to god I think this is an urban legend - its been alleged about everyone from golfers to boxers to tennis players over the year, and people seem to accept it as fact.
                                        But I've never ever seen actual evidence of it, would like to see even one example of a journalist referring to someone as English/British one day and Scottish or whatever the next day when they are beaten.

Comment

Honest to god I think this is an urban legend - its been alleged about everyone from golfers to boxers to tennis players over the year, and people seem to accept it as fact.
                                          But I've never ever seen actual evidence of it, would like to see even one example of a journalist referring to someone as English/British one day and Scottish or whatever the next day when they are beaten.
                                          Watch SSN. British when in with a shout, Scottish when out.

Comment

Eddie Ervine was British when he won any Grand Prix

Comment

barry mc guigan was british until he lost his title then suddenly he was irish

Comment

Darren Clarke another good example.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                  Lloyd what's your opinion on the fact gerrard has a negative effect on the current Liverpool team
                                                  I've been bearish on Gerrard for quite some time Richie.

He is not the athlete he was two / three years ago or more, and his game has always depended on his physical attributes to a great extent. Benitez correctly identified that Gerrard's best position was NOT in the middle of the park. His best season for Liverpool in terms of production was 2008 / 9 when he was played up behind Torres and given a free reign to cause havoc in the opposition's final third with no defensive or tempo dictating responsibilities.

Gerrard's natural inclination is to try and play ambitious passes, give and gamble on a return around the box. shoot if he has space within 30 yards of the goal. He is also one for diving into tackles and prefers to press the ball rather than sitting off in the middle of the park. When he was in his early to mid twenties he had a better engine and was more explosive around the park, so he managed to do all of this from the middle of a 4 - 4 - 2 without destroying a team (it helped that he had Hammann alongside him regularly allowing him a free reign).

These days, when Gerrard plays in the centre we lose our rhythm with the ball and struggle to control the tempo of a game; and we are left somewhat exposed defensively - particularly if Gerrard is at the middle of a 4 - 4 - 2. He still is a very good player, and he had some excellent games this season. But when he's in the middle of the formation and insisting that everything goes through him, Liverpool playing well or poorly depends entirely on Gerrard playing well. And he plays well less often than he used to.

Ideally he would be considered (and consider himself which is unfortunately the important thing) as an attacking midfielder / support striker for the rest of his career, occasionally lining up on the right with a license to get forward and cut in. I think he could have a couple more great seasons in that role, but his days as a world class central midfield player are over.

Of course, Gerrard has the big ego and the British media love to get this particular issue 100% wrong. Sure when Hodgson started lining him up in the middle of a 4 - 4 - 2 at the start of the season there was a universal 'and finally Gerrard is playing in his best position' reaction. Gerrard clearly prefers it there, and has tried a lot harder this year than last. I can't abide that bullshit though. He hurts the club when he is reluctant to play a different role.

Given his age and salary, he will become more a hindrance than a help if his consistent starting position isn't modified.
                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Receptionist just comes into the office asking us to donate enough to string together €20 for 12 cupcakes. Whaaaaaaaa?

Apparently she got a random call from someone from some breast cancer charity saying he is baking them as part of his latest fundraiser and having a heart of gold she dutifully goes aroud the office getting the €20 together. Seems a fairly obvious scam to me and best situation we are going to end up with those little queen cakes that are 12 for €1.50 in Tescoes or something. Worst situation we are going to get done out of €20 without a crumb. They think I'm too cynical.

Money has been organised now anyway so we'll see.
                                                    Loads of ye waiting for an update on this obviously

The cakes did arrive on Tuesday, they were small, tiny even, smaller than the 12 for 1.50 ones you'd get in Tesco/Dunnes.
                                                    They had at least been home baked though, all 12 had different icing/colouring so visually they were decent, though taste was m'ehhhh.

Still not sure about which if any charity was involved, the box they were delivered in was pink much like the breast cancer awareness charities but there was no actual text on the box to say this. And the receptionist never thought to ask these surely important details.

I still reckon it was a scam at some level, but everyone else seemed happy enough.

Comment

Originally posted by stoneystonerson View Post
                                                      barry mc guigan was british until he lost his title then suddenly he was irish
                                                      Darren Clarke another good example.
                                                      Listing names of Northern Irish, Scottish or Welsh sportspeople doesn't prove anything. Specific example needed of a journalist referring to one of these as British when they were in with a shout and then Northern Irish or Scottish when they lost?

FWIW I'd be 99.9% sure that Barry McGuigan was always referred to as Northern Irish win or lose... the UK media really liked having a feel good 'through the divide' story about NornIron to report on.

Comment

im not sure if Finkel was serious Llyod? more of an attempt to bait you out

Comment

Listing names of Northern Irish, Scottish or Welsh sportspeople doesn't prove anything. Specific example needed of a journalist referring to one of these as British when they were in with a shout and then Northern Irish or Scottish when they lost?

FWIW I'd be 99.9% sure that Barry McGuigan was always referred to as Northern Irish win or lose... the UK media really liked having a feel good 'through the divide' story about NornIron to report on.
                                                          Sorry, wasn't in the habit of recording snippits of TV over the years!

Comment

Not the most endearing chap on court tbf. He can be a right arrogant, moany brat although he's definitely gotten better recently.
                                                            His mother's also extremely tilting

Comment

im not sure if Finkel was serious Llyod? more of an attempt to bait you out
                                                              I'm not always on a level Tony, and that was a serious question

Comment

Sorry, wasn't in the habit of recording snippits of TV over the years!
                                                                LOL, fair enough, I know you're not an anorak.

But fink about it, there are plenty of anoraks out there so basically everything that has been shown on TV is up somewhere on youtube.
                                                                And there's plenty of Scots, Welsh and NornIirsh with massive chips on their shoulder.
                                                                So if there genuinely was a conspiracy by the English media of claiming people as their own when successful and abandoning them when they lose, then by now some nutter would have put together a video or whatever showing all these mis-appropriations.

So its not true, urban legend stuff. So we can all get on with cheering Andy Murray, yayyyyyyy.

Comment

I tried to tell Lloyd that Gerrard and Liverpool are done but he was having none of it.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                    Danny, whats the add on for firefox that gives a check mark after a download link ? I tried greasemonkey and link checker but cant get it to work.

Got the new netbook yesterday so cleaning it up and installing a few things, nice piece of kit but the speakers seem kinda shite tbh, may get some external ones.

edit: found it...because i was using hotfile i didnt include the RS checker....doh !!!
                                                                    I got the xmini speaker ah its so cool, tiny little thing and the sound is fantastic!!

you can also use it for your mobile!
                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

I tried to tell Lloyd that Gerrard and Liverpool are done but he was having none of it.
                                                                      Well Gerrard isn't done as a footballer - just as a central midfielder. And Liverpool are marching up the table. Lofty heights of 7th baby!

Comment

as wa coulthard

Comment

LOl at Benitez corectly identifying Gerrards best position. It took him 3 1/2 years to move Gerrard to the position that it was painstakingly obvious to everyone would get the best out of him, the 4-4-2 he played mainly in the league until Mascharano's arrival held Liverpool's progression back a couple of seasons imo and would be by far my biggest critisism of Rafa's reign.
                                                                          Last edited by The Situation; 27-01-11, 13:03.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

LOL, fair enough, I know you're not an anorak.

But fink about it, there are plenty of anoraks out there so basically everything that has been shown on TV is up somewhere on youtube.
                                                                            And there's plenty of Scots, Welsh and NornIirsh with massive chips on their shoulder.
                                                                            So if there genuinely was a conspiracy by the English media of claiming people as their own when successful and abandoning them when they lose, then by now some nutter would have put together a video or whatever showing all these mis-appropriations.

So its not true, urban legend stuff. So we can all get on with cheering Andy Murray, yayyyyyyy.
                                                                            It really is true though and it is because the English media is the most sensationalist, idiotic people pleasing system that exists. It is full of cunts too that really don't have a clue, they just get a qualification saying they have a large vocabulary and shite on about sport. Anyway, they big up every story ,eg a Brit doing well, and when it all falls apart they are northern Irish, Welsh etc. after.

Comment

Well Gerrard isn't done as a footballer - just as a central midfielder. And Liverpool are marching up the table. Lofty heights of 7th baby!
                                                                              Yup on the right track ahead of schedule, long way to go though. I said he is done carrying the team. Luckily for you's NESV will have you compete for top 4 again a good few years ahead of schedule.

Comment

Antonius, Mizzi, Moorman, Vos and a few other big names still in the Aussie Mills with 19 left. Also Tyler Bonkowski who played a stormer at the Irish Open this year.

Comment

Scottish winter olympic snowboarder who was Birtish when he won his medal and Scottish on reporting that he had tested positive for PED's (which turned out to be found in his Vics inhaler).

Alain Baxter.
                                                                                  Last edited by Zod; 27-01-11, 13:19.
                                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
                                                                                    Antonius, Mizzi, Moorman, Vos and a few other big names still in the Aussie Mills with 19 left. Also Tyler Bonkowski who played a stormer at the Irish Open this year.
                                                                                    Vos, isn't he that horrible little Ginger cunt that used to be a full tilt red pro

Comment

Yup the very one.

Comment

Moorman, Antonius and Mizzi top 3 all with >100bbs, should make for good tv.

Comment

Was at the Aussie Millions last year, really is a great event. The cash games at it are insane...
                                                                                          sigpic

Comment

Reinkemeier is clearly the biggest name left

Comment

He win an EPT or sumat? Recognise the name. It's sick the guy in 5th or so, Cliff Lee, is a crown reg. Plays all the tournies from like $50 up and is average to say the least (imo). Nice guy though.

Comment

He win an EPT or sumat?
                                                                                                Boom

Comment

Also the genie who pulled off that angleshoot on De Wolfe...
                                                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

In fairness to the Englanders swinehuntz Young Barry took British citizenship so he could box there so they were entitled to say he was one of them. I think Armani might not be listening out for it like we do, I remember the early days of Sean Kelly , everytime he was doing well he was an English speaking rider capable of winning the tour. When he won the green jersey it was hailed as a unique success for an English speaking rider. They never alluded to his Irishness.
                                                                                                    in fairness when C4 took to the cycling , Phil Leggett and Co went out of their way to understand how Kelly and Roche were no.1 and 2 in the world coming from ireland. (I used 'in fairness twice' and 'like' only once, we need a deluge of posts with 'in fairness' now, it's the new 'Like')

I think what I'm trying to say is I just don't like Andy Murray. We havemore coratians in our country anyway so we'll claim this as an Irish victory if Djork wins. (if he's not croation I don't know what to tell ya)

Comment

Is it weird that I found this section of a news report on the recent Moscow suicide bombings hillarious

"Kommersant also reaffirmed previous reports the Domodedovo airport attack could be linked to a blast in Moscow late on December 31 where a suspected female suicide bomber is believed to have accidentally blown herself up.

Some reports have suggested that the woman was preparing a large scale attack in central Moscow on New Year's Eve and her charge was detonated when her mobile received a spam SMS congratulating her on the start of 2011"

So spam is good for something...
                                                                                                      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Just found out def letting get go from work at end of Feb. Need a new career path now as no jobs in what i do anymore. Professional waster here I come

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                                                          Just found out def letting get go from work at end of Feb. Need a new career path now as no jobs in what i do anymore. Professional waster here I come
                                                                                                          That sucks, hopefully something good will turn up.
                                                                                                          Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

lol, apparently Bertie is busy dismantling any bounce that FF may have got from Martin's elevation

Joe Duffy show going nuts by all accounts

Comment

well the boys from kilmacow have arrived at leinster house

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

lol, apparently Bertie is busy dismantling any bounce that FF may have got from Martin's elevation

cliffs?

Comment

As opposed to the rational debating of the issues of the day that the Joe Duffy show usually engages in?

Comment

...
                                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                                                                                                      We've learned this fairly quickly! Middle of last December free as a bird, then the 'surprise' happened; now baby in August and getting married in four months. It's amazing how quickly you adjust. Wouldn't even want to go back to mid-December tbh

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X