X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by carlop View Post
    Question for the Kayroos of this world.

One of my students is updating his CV in English. A few years ago he was working for an international law firm in Madrid and they sent him to London for 7 months to work in their branch over there. While there he was still directly employed by the branch in Madrid and they paid his wages. He wants to mention this on his CV but I can't think of the correct way of phrasing it.

He said 'seconded to our sister firm in London' but it seems wrong to me, as does 'transferred..' because it implies permanence. If only he was a footballer I could say he was loaned
    Contracted
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      blowing through the Biffo winnings at an impressive rate:

HTPC purchased last night (Acer 3610)

two cases of wine (this was the good stuff, I will drink it on election day)

any suggestions for continuing with the splurge?
      Trip to Louis Coplands?
      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

One of my students is updating his CV in English. A few years ago he was working for an international law firm in Madrid and they sent him to London for 7 months to work in their branch over there. While there he was still directly employed by the branch in Madrid and they paid his wages. He wants to mention this on his CV but I can't think of the correct way of phrasing it.

He said 'seconded to our sister firm in London' but it seems wrong to me, as does 'transferred..' because it implies permanence. If only he was a footballer I could say he was loaned
        7 month secondment to .....?

Comment

I check pre Emmet, and make it 60c if you're raising...45 is much too small.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
            Contracted
            BBV delivers again! Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              A Rapidshare account plus if it has HDMI download everything in 720p
              I have one of them now too

720p you say

what's the difference?
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Trip to Louis Coplands?
                don't wear suits

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                  any BBV recomendations for a 2 night break around the old country for the 11th and 12th of feb.
                  obviously price will come into it, but this dosn't mean i will lower my standards. has to be a top notch 3* at minimum preferably4-5*.
                  Lyrath, Kilkenny.

btw; booking for 11/12th Feb screams 'please rape me on price'

Comment

don't wear suits
                    Would have thought you International Financier types did all the time!

Comment

any BBV recomendations for a 2 night break around the old country for the 11th and 12th of feb.
                      obviously price will come into it, but this dosn't mean i will lower my standards. has to be a top notch 3* at minimum preferably4-5*.

Book a stay at the BrookLodge & Macreddin Village, a hotel located in a secluded Co. Wicklow Valley, just over an hour from Dublin International Airport.

Top class.

You will need the following:

Sat Nav
                      Buggy (if you play the top class golf course)
                      twitter
                      moneybookers

Comment

don't wear suits
                        Trip to Champion Sports?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

im thinking of quitting playing on stars - yeah I know lol online poker is rigged but its making me paranoid - Iv only won 4 / 68 flips in my last 30 or so tournies
                            Last edited by Bubbleking; 25-01-11, 12:36. Reason: lost another one

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                              I want to buy a netcook or Dell Mini, small thing for typing notes/portability - whats the best option? Thanks
                              there was a super offer on gruupy.com yesterday.
                              However, most netbooks are overpriced shite with terrible OS software.
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                there was a super offer on gruupy.com yesterday.
                                However, most netbooks are overpriced shite with terrible OS software.

you're welcome

Comment

I usually find that people just put it in which seperate dates and location just under the main job heading. For eample
                                  2002 - 2008 - sales manager - santander - madrid
                                  2004 - 2005 - sales manger - santander - London
                                  I know some peole think it looks messy and confusing but as someone who reads a lot of CV's we can crack this code
                                  Avoid any phrasing that way as they are usually inaccurate.
                                  secondeded is about the closest if he needs to use one but avoid loaned for the obv, transfered is to permant and contracted means something totaly different.

Comment

Lyrath, Kilkenny.

btw; booking for 11/12th Feb screams 'please rape me on price'
                                    i know that
                                    but its the wifes birthday

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Would have thought you International Financier types did all the time!
                                      not in this bank anyway but we are unusual in many respects

bought myself a decent new one last autumn and will buy more as and when required. Succumbing to the Gimmeabreak sports jacket look as well

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                        im thinking of quitting playing on stars - yeah I know lol online poker is rigged but its making me paranoid - Iv only won 4 / 68 flips in my last 30 or so tournies
                                        Did u make a withdrawal ?

Comment

don't wear suits
                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Trip to Louis Coplands?
                                            lol, just what I have in mind for today!
                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Obv email support and ask them to reinstate your boom switch.

Mentioning you are a big shot on the internet might help.
                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                Did u make a withdrawal ?
                                                4/69 now

no I was winning on my other account but cant on this new one - I think its to do with my SN..

Comment

I'd prefer a decent ice cream maker

Comment

maybe you only got it in as a 6% dogg

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

gotcha, I remember it now.

no real interest in this, I think my downside risk > upside. FF are going to get a bounce from Martin.
                                                      only two or so max probably. Should have kept cowen.

Really want to take a good look at the seats market but I'm in edinburgh for the last of the week and it'll probably be too late by the time I get back.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                        lol, just what I have in mind for today!
                                                        double up go well last night obv.?

Comment

4/69 now

no I was winning on my other account but cant on this new one - I think its to do with my SN..
                                                          yeah the sn is a cunt allright

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                            only two or so max probably. Should have kept cowen.

Really want to take a good look at the seats market but I'm in edinburgh for the last of the week and it'll probably be too late by the time I get back.
                                                            the seats markets as constituted on PP are a waste of time really

that's why I was looking at the Greens

Comment

not in this bank anyway but we are unusual in many respects
                                                              Mainly that you make a profit and are not propped up by the taxpayer.
                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

blowing through the Biffo winnings at an impressive rate:

HTPC purchased last night (Acer 3610)

two cases of wine (this was the good stuff, I will drink it on election day)

any suggestions for continuing with the splurge?
                                                                A quiet 4 days away in the south west of England sometime around say mid march???
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I know this is just a sign a massive scoop is coming

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    A quiet 4 days away in the south west of England sometime around say mid march???
                                                                    lol, would be ideal but we'll be in Portugal then

wasn't enough of a scoop for that level of debauchery anyway

Comment

4/69 now

try changing your avatar
                                                                      that worked for me 2 out of the 3 times i did it

Comment

double up go well last night obv.?
                                                                        aye, played it safe and just went with a Chelsea win at 4/6. Still debating whether to lump it all on United tonight or not, but going to go and pick up a suit anyway and make that call later.
                                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

I'd prefer a decent ice cream maker
                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                            aye, played it safe and just went with a Chelsea win at 4/6. Still debating whether to lump it all on United tonight or not, but going to go and pick up a suit anyway and make that call later.
                                                                            put a third of it on 2 * Green seats at 7/1

Comment

that's pretty damn cool

Comment

Contracted probably a winner

"Placement" is what I use in a similar situation

Comment

what does it mean if a player has a little red pokerstars logo beside their name?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                    Make me mod of community games please
                                                                                    no
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

what does it mean if a player has a little red pokerstars logo beside their name?
                                                                                      Are you drunk?

Comment

their a stars pro

Comment

That they will win the flip

Comment

Team Pro

Comment

Abbeyglen castle Cliften its fantastic!!! check trip advisor, iv been twice!
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Pokerstars team pro

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                  I laughed a lot at this! Plus Bubbleking is playing poker at 1 in the day, he's obviously shitfaced
                                                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                    Posting in case anyone has problems with a harddrive in the future.

So I spent a good bit of the last few days looking at different programs to recover the data. Most seemed to suggest they would recover the data but not all of it and the file structure wouldn't be maintained leaving me to sort through the data (900gigs) output myself. Someone suggested I try Linux so I booted ubuntu from a livecd but it wouldn't mount the disk.

Then I came across the most amazing little program called TestDisk. Its a little DOS based app that took a good bit of search to figure out how to use as little documentation seems to exist. I am now using it able to see every file that is on the inaccessible harddrive and all file structure is intact. Just tested copying off a bunch of movies with Testdisk and all of them worked perfectly.

God I am so fucking relieved.

Opr
                                                                                                    sorry man, just saw this now.
                                                                                                    have a good few apps at home (including that one above)
                                                                                                    My default line is to go with a live cd but glad you got sorted in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                      Contracted probably a winner

"Placement" is what I use in a similar situation
                                                                                                      It is defo not contracted. That implies that you are external to the company so not what you are looking for at all

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                        Only 65/69 times though, it's not totally rigged ldo
                                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

lol thanks lads

Comment

FAO MrsFD

KO'd quickly after recommending a laptop last night, can't say enough how much you should get it online and not in store! Unless you can match this spec and price. Think this is exactly what you're looking for!
                                                                                                            [ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-15-6-inch-Notebook-i3-350M-2-26GHz/dp/B003R7G3BI/ref=br_lf_m_590987031_1_14_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5 A1OLE&s=computers&pf_rd_p=229237747&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=590987031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A 1OLE&pf_rd_r=1G7FTAMDKEZKE2GVBTK5[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                              Having serious doubts about Community. 4th episode in and flagging badly. I'll give it another 2.
                                                                                                              I can honestly say this show has been the find of the year so far for me.
                                                                                                              It's brilliant

Comment

put a third of it on 2 * Green seats at 7/1
                                                                                                                So is this and its a lot cheaper
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                                                                                                  Do they still count the votes on election night? Anyone got interest in an IPB poker night / election night / drinking night for the 25th? Not back until half eleven on the 25th, but could pregame the event on the plane. Have decided to give myself some drinking outs every two months or so as life has becoming quite boring / incredibly productive.
                                                                                                                  No, the count will start the following morning at 9am. They only did this once when they were testing the electronic voting and they made a complete balls of it.

Comment

I don't watch much TV apart from sports and the odd comedy and Discovery channel. But I really like 'Being Human'.
                                                                                                                    Got a copy of Salems lot (staring David 'don't give up on me baby - Hutch Soul) so will settle down with some beers to rewatch that over the next while.

Anyone drank in that little wine bar off parliament street. Think it's called la dolche vita. Opinions?

Comment

i know that
                                                                                                                      but its the wifes birthday
                                                                                                                      Not sure what you're in to, but Farnham Estate in Cavan is nice if you just want to relax. Its a Radisson Hotel so you know what to expect. Everyone strolls around in their dressing gowns (dont laugh, you'll get used to it) and it specialises in spa treatments for herself. Nice swimming pool, saunas, etc and a lovely outdoor heated pool. Also nice walks around the estate. Bring a few books obv.

Food is good in the restaurant and there is a nice bar downstairs which has music at nights and shows sports.

About 2 hours to the north if you want shopping and close to Nevin Maguires restaurant if you wanted to treat herself. Cavan town is only mins drive away.

Comment

yo, cooking club peeps.

I've ~15 Frozen Pollock Fillets.

What to do with them? They only take 7/8 mins to fry from frozen, but they're fierce boring bits o fish.

No carbs allowed btw

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                          Cavan town is only mins drive away.
                                                                                                                          'twas a fine recommendation until then

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X