Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seen this on twitter this morning, see if anyone can answer.

Barcelona, Shamrock Rovers, AEC Larnaca, Lorient, St Mirren.

Europes top 5 clubs, but judged by what??
    Profit before people.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Djokivic can't see.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

I've seen this before, but I'll let others have a guess

Comment

Weight?

Height?

Idiotic fans?

Comment

A two-year-old girl who suffered post traumatic stress after a bicycle crashed to the ground in front of her in a toy shop has been awarded €10,000 damages.

Barrister David Staunton told the Circuit Civil Court yesterday that little Katie Campbell had narrowly escaped physical injury when the bike fell directly in her path from a shelf 14 feet above her head.

He said Katie, now aged almost six, had been with her father John Campbell, Foxbrook, Ratoath, Co Meath, in October 2007, browsing in Smyths Toys shop in the Airside Retail Park, Swords, Co Dublin, when the incident happened.

Mr Staunton told Circuit Court President, Mr Justice Matthew Deery, that the bicycle had not struck Katie but she had afterwards shown signs of anxiety and had suffered nightmares.

He told the court her GP had referred her to consultant child psychologist Mr Andrew Conway.

Mr Conway, on the basis of symptoms including hypersensitivity to noise such as thunder storms, fire crackers, cars backfiring, and an unwillingness to engage with other children, diagnosed her as having suffered a post traumatic reaction of a moderate type.

Mr Staunton said Mr Conway had concluded that as a result of the incident in the toy shop, Katie had suffered regression in her emotional, social and behavioural progression.

Mr Campbell, a social worker, was unable to attend court with his daughter today.

Judge Deery approved a €10,000 settlement offer by Smyths Toys Ltd and costs.

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/girl-...#ixzz1C2V8TY7y
              Easy money
              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                Weight?

Height?

Idiotic fans?
                Yeah it's height, smallest obv. Have you got any particular gripe against Lorient fans?
                Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah it's height, smallest obv. Have you got any particular gripe against Lorient fans?
                  Was a guess as Barca and Rovers have a huge % of fans who think they should just be given the title and are holier than thou. United aren't in the list though, should have copped that.

Comment

I hate dystmesis to pieces

Netbook for Valor

-Easy to upgarde to 2GB
                    -Great battery life
                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

11/76 in stars 5k GTD and I'm near asleep at the laptop. TID, go to docs, home to bed. That should do it.
                      Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                          UK politicians really do speak to the lowest common denominator.
                          makes you get down on your knees and thank God we have have the calibre of politicans that we do

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

gulp

don't read this if you value your sanity and\or peace of mind

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

were we talking about this bet a while back? (can't remember it)
                              Yeah, you asked me for my spread mark on FF seats with the idea of a unders/overs bet and I said I'd wait a few days to see who else retired, how the leadship played out etc.

You any interest in playing the unders 25.5? Don't worry if you want to say no, I don't get offended easily.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                Easy money
                                That case seems a bit ugly to me but newspaper reports never get the facts right. That case was is one of negligently inflicted psychological harm, another legacy of Liverpool FC.
                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  Yeah, you asked me for my spread mark on FF seats with the idea of a unders/overs bet and I said I'd wait a few days to see who else retired, how the leadship played out etc.

You any interest in playing the unders 25.5? Don't worry if you want to say no, I don't get offended easily.
                                  gotcha, I remember it now.

no real interest in this, I think my downside risk > upside. FF are going to get a bounce from Martin.

Comment

Just caught a few words from the UK Minister for Finance there when was up getting a coffee. He was explaining the UK economy falling by 0.5% last quarter on the bad weather. As if that wasn't dumb enough, he then went on to pepper his comments with tonnes of weather analogies 'we mustn't be blown off course', 'there will be sunshine in the future thanks to the cuts i've implemented'. UK politicians really do speak to the lowest common denominator.
                                    Out of interest what language do you use in describing economic phenomena? I reckon any metaphorical language you use that could equally be applied to a flower should be consistently met in your class with:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXw6znXPfy4[/ame]

Comment

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.3 Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds 400 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO (t28988)
                                      Button (t205882)
                                      Hero (SB) (t176183)
                                      BB (t284208)
                                      UTG (t113420)
                                      UTG+1 (t136231)
                                      MP1 (t192637)
                                      MP2 (t154186)
                                      MP3 (t82278)

Hero's M: 18.35

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K
                                      7 folds, Hero bets t11000, BB calls t7000

Flop: (t25600) 8, A, 3 (2 players)
                                      Hero bets t12000, BB raises to t36000, Hero raises to t72000, 1 fold

Total pot: t97600

Results:
                                      Hero didn't show A, K.
                                      Outcome: Hero won t97600

Slightly bricking it here, 3/52......

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post
                                        PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.3 Tournament, 2000/4000 Blinds 400 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO (t28988)
                                        Button (t205882)
                                        Hero (SB) (t176183)
                                        BB (t284208)
                                        UTG (t113420)
                                        UTG+1 (t136231)
                                        MP1 (t192637)
                                        MP2 (t154186)
                                        MP3 (t82278)

Hero's M: 18.35

7 folds, Hero bets t11000, BB calls t7000

Flop: (t25600) 8, A, 3 (2 players)
                                        Hero bets t12000, BB raises to t36000, Hero raises to t72000, 1 fold

Total pot: t97600

Results:
                                        Hero didn't show A, K.
                                        Outcome: Hero won t97600

Slightly bricking it here, 3/52......
                                        Sn for railage.

Comment

sweep on Ramiriquez's finishing position?

Comment

Went to see Black Swan, don't know what all the fuss is about. Played the O'Meara course in Carton House don't know what all the fuss is about.
                                            Man City, Spurs don't know what all the fuss is about, Liverpool beating Wolves, Chelsea beating Bolton, don't know what all the fuss is about.
                                            Copious amounts of Guinness on a Monday afternoon accompanied by hot grill - Abso-fucking-lutely worth making a fuss about. Carlsberg don't do Mondays, so Guinness stepped in. Threw a cat into a wheelie bin on the way home to complete a perfect day. Tuesdays suck btw - Budwieser obv do Tuesdays.

Comment

16th -21st

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                Sn for railage.
                                                Ramiriquez

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                  16th -21st
                                                  Taking this as a huge compliment, you obv don't know me!

Comment

1st-5th

he strikes me as an able frontrunner

Comment

8th

Comment

Gl Ram have you up now.

I'd say 10th-5th.

Comment

I based this on the fact that your bricking it 52 out

Comment

31st

Comment

I based this on the fact that your bricking it 52 out
                                                              Something was telling me he'd pinged a 2 pair, I'm a pessimist!

Comment

10th -15th
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  10th -15th
                                                                  Was thinking of taking that one myself

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                    1st
                                                                    fmp

gogo

Comment

stars really need to sort out their payout structures also

Comment

early morning railaments ftw

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Do I cbet here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.3 Tournament, 3000/6000 Blinds 600 Ante (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO (t123507)
                                                                          Button (t189732)
                                                                          Hero (SB) (t276783)
                                                                          BB (t207775)
                                                                          UTG (t127540)
                                                                          MP1 (t251727)
                                                                          MP2 (t115078)

Hero's M: 20.97

4 folds, Button bets t18000, Hero raises to t37000, 1 fold, Button calls t19000

Flop: (t84200) Q, 3, 2 (2 players)
                                                                          Hero checks, Button bets t54000, Hero folds

Total pot: t84200

Results:
                                                                          Button didn't show
                                                                          Outcome: Button won t84200

Comment

4th
                                                                            Disaster - Dreamcrusher

Comment

Do I cbet here?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 3.3 Tournament, 3000/6000 Blinds 600 Ante (7 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

CO (t123507)
                                                                              Button (t189732)
                                                                              Hero (SB) (t276783)
                                                                              BB (t207775)
                                                                              UTG (t127540)
                                                                              MP1 (t251727)
                                                                              MP2 (t115078)

Hero's M: 20.97

4 folds, Button bets t18000, Hero raises to t37000, 1 fold, Button calls t19000

Flop: (t84200) Q, 3, 2 (2 players)
                                                                              Hero checks, Button bets t54000, Hero folds

Total pot: t84200

Results:
                                                                              Button didn't show
                                                                              Outcome: Button won t84200
                                                                              yeah you stick it in his eye

raise pre imo

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

FT Bubble will get him - GL Ram

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                  yeah you stick it in his eye

raise pre imo
                                                                                  Ok, cool, learning, I did raise pre though

Comment

Ok, cool, learning, I did raise pre though
                                                                                    raise moar

Comment

Really miss the espresso machine from Dublin, just makes Preston seem even more backward. Fck that machine makes great coffee though.
                                                                                      Got gas in the kitchen? use a Moka pot if so,there's a surprisingly high coffee quality/technology ratio.Or maybe you use one already.
                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Eeeek, I'm dead in the water. time for bed methinks

Comment

Eeeek, I'm dead in the water. time for bed methinks
                                                                                          Was not the right board to be bluffing at. ballsy play mind.

Comment

Originally posted by aodea View Post
                                                                                            Was not the right board to be bluffing at. ballsy play mind.
                                                                                            Had him on the J, thought I could take him off it, he hit the K

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                              Generally when MTV UK make a version of the US show its pretty dire

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                              Having serious doubts about Community. 4th episode in and flagging badly. I'll give it another 2.
                                                                                              Ah thats not good to hear
                                                                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

blowing through the Biffo winnings at an impressive rate:

HTPC purchased last night (Acer 3610)

two cases of wine (this was the good stuff, I will drink it on election day)

any suggestions for continuing with the splurge?

Comment

Well that was shit and not worth staying up for, night folks

Comment

lol ul
                                                                                                    think i would have waited for something better to push with tbh

Comment

For those of you who know about these things...is this a good notebook?

Asus 1015PE-BLK052S, Atom N450 1.66G, Win7
                                                                                                      twitter
                                                                                                      moneybookers

Comment

what do I win?

Comment

what do I win?
                                                                                                          a free poker lesson from me

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                            lol ul
                                                                                                            think i would have waited for something better to push with tbh
                                                                                                            Meh, I know you're right but I've been falling asleep for a while and the rail was only thing keeping me going! I don't take this poker malarkey serious anyway as I'm sure you've all gathered

Comment

what do I win?
                                                                                                              a case RDIII finest wine courtesy of biffo

Comment

Question for the Kayroos of this world.

One of my students is updating his CV in English. A few years ago he was working for an international law firm in Madrid and they sent him to London for 7 months to work in their branch over there. While there he was still directly employed by the branch in Madrid and they paid his wages. He wants to mention this on his CV but I can't think of the correct way of phrasing it.

He said 'seconded to our sister firm in London' but it seems wrong to me, as does 'transferred..' because it implies permanence. If only he was a footballer I could say he was loaned

Comment

Night Night

Comment

a free poker lesson from me
                                                                                                                    iv already gotten a few of them in the sports - weren't very free though

Comment

Ugh, poker you cunt. I get the reads all right, from start to finish, and you still manage to dick me over.

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button ($52.17)
                                                                                                                      SB ($10.05)
                                                                                                                      Hero (BB) ($41.23)
                                                                                                                      UTG ($10)
                                                                                                                      MP ($14.17)
                                                                                                                      CO ($18.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9, K
                                                                                                                      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero bets $0.35, CO calls $0.35, Button calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.40) 6, 10, 9 (3 players)
                                                                                                                      Hero bets $0.88, CO raises $1.76, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.88

Turn: ($4.92) 6 (2 players)
                                                                                                                      Hero checks, CO bets $4.92, Hero calls $4.92

River: ($14.76) 8 (2 players)
                                                                                                                      Hero checks, CO bets $5.20, Hero calls $5.20

Total pot: $25.16

Results:
                                                                                                                      Hero had 9, K (flush, King high).
                                                                                                                      CO had 2, A (flush, Ace high).
                                                                                                                      Outcome: CO won $23.91

Comment

blowing through the Biffo winnings at an impressive rate:

HTPC purchased last night (Acer 3610)

two cases of wine (this was the good stuff, I will drink it on election day)

any suggestions for continuing with the splurge?
                                                                                                                        A Rapidshare account plus if it has HDMI download everything in 720p
                                                                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

any BBV recomendations for a 2 night break around the old country for the 11th and 12th of feb.
                                                                                                                          obviously price will come into it, but this dosn't mean i will lower my standards. has to be a top notch 3* at minimum preferably4-5*.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X