X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
    Happy Dude I know you're on an English language buzz so just for you:

Dystmesis is a variation of a tmesis, the latter being a word placed between two parts of a compound word or split infinitives. Obviously all dystmeses are tmeses but not all tmeses are dystmeses.

Obviously they are spoken more often than written and, as a result, a tmesis should only come before a stressed syllable which is why SP's example isn't actually a tmesis or dystmesis at all.

Interestingly tmesis is the only word in the entire English language to begin with the letters "t" and "m".
    This is to much for me too handle.
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by max_power View Post
      What do you do by out of curiosity? You seem to be tr avelling to a lot of pretty far away/exotic/strange places for work.
      Develop software that runs on ATM's mostly in developing countries, Asia and the Stans.

Its a Fucking Microsoft dot net problem Pox on it anyway.

Unlikely that bbv has any better ideas but maybe DP is still awake.

I installed 3.5 and there were no problems during the installation but when it started to look like a .net issue I reinstalled it and there is a setup error. same when I uninstall but in both cases when you dismiss the meaningless looking error the successful install dialog is there.
      BTW its an offline install of .net i do and there is some horrible symantic shit running but I got the same error when I stopped the Symantic and when I added the setup.exe to the firewall exclusions, even though it doesn't actually go online.
      I can't reinstall Windows but I'll try to install .net 4 tomorrow and see what happens.

I won't be able to get the local guys to help tomorrow, not that they'd be any use anyway, because its a public hoiday and there is a huge protest that is expected to turn into a riot due to happen right beside the Hotel tomorrow. Nice.
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
        Make me mod of community games please
        you can be in charge of the toilets

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          My external hard drive seemed to crash today, became inaccessible and started freezing the computer so I unplugged it and rebooted.

Since then its showing as a local disk instead of previously as a removal disk. When I click on the drive it waits for a few moments and then tells me disk is unformatted I need to format click yes or no ? From doing some reading it seems I have damaged the tables and need to reformat.

Data should hopefully still be accessible with a file recovery program. So plan is to transfer the files and then reformat and transfer back.

Can anyone recommend the best program for doing this or if indeed I am doing the right thing?

Opr
          Posting in case anyone has problems with a harddrive in the future.

So I spent a good bit of the last few days looking at different programs to recover the data. Most seemed to suggest they would recover the data but not all of it and the file structure wouldn't be maintained leaving me to sort through the data (900gigs) output myself. Someone suggested I try Linux so I booted ubuntu from a livecd but it wouldn't mount the disk.

Then I came across the most amazing little program called TestDisk. Its a little DOS based app that took a good bit of search to figure out how to use as little documentation seems to exist. I am now using it able to see every file that is on the inaccessible harddrive and all file structure is intact. Just tested copying off a bunch of movies with Testdisk and all of them worked perfectly.

God I am so fucking relieved.

Opr

Comment

So I spent a good bit of the last few days looking at different programs to recover the data. Most seemed to suggest they would recover the data but not all of it and the file structure wouldn't be maintained leaving me to sort through the data (900gigs) output myself. Someone suggested I try Linux so I booted ubuntu from a livecd but it wouldn't mount the disk.

Then I came across the most amazing little program called TestDisk. Its a little DOS based app that took a good bit of search to figure out how to use as little documentation seems to exist. I am now using it able to see every file that is on the inaccessible harddrive and all file structure is intact. Just tested copying off a bunch of movies with Testdisk and all of them worked perfectly.

Opr
            Seems cool did you run it from a floppy disk?
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Ireland's future finance minister

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFJV9RZ716A&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Shudder

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                Plenty of time. Not starting until Li v Petkovic is over.
                Seen it listed as 11am start.
                Obv not.
                I know you're already invested in him but 2.66 on betfair for 3-0 Fed. Pretty tasty if you feel strongly about it.
                Yeah, seen that. Still think about it, his dropping of sets 3 and 4 in rd2 are putting me off.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                  Seems cool did you run it from a floppy disk?
                  It will run from a floppy or basically from anywhere you put it. If you need to copy files just place it in whatever location you need to copy them into and bobs your uncle.

I kind of muddled my way through on how to use it with this guys first post in the below thread.

Go easy on me. This is my first how to. I have been up for 36 hours trying various methods to recover my lost data! Given that i'm not the most confident Linux user and I managed to succeed. I though it was necessary to share my experience. I was making the transition from windows xp to Ubuntu Edgy. Somewhere along the line I hurt my NTFS data partition. I have all my music, videos, thunderbird profile, everything on this one drive! I was unable to mount it or use ntfsfix or even chkdsk from

This bit being the guts of how to use it to view and to copy files.

The following steps may not replicate your needs. There are some examples of how to use TestDisk here

Choose create log file

Select which device to use for me it was /dev/hda

Select INTEL/PC Partition

Choose 'Analyze' then 'Proceed' then select 'Search'. TestDisk should now scan your device for partitions (If it hasn't already discovered them). This may take a little while. About 5 minutes on my 80 GB hard drive.

TestDisk should now list a series of partitions. I think it is listing past partitions on my drive. I'm not to sure. There are are a couple of NTFS and EXT partitions displayed. I'm guessing from past installations. Select your partition and choose 'List'. From here you can get a folder listing. Pressing 'C' to copy that folder and it's child objects in to your recovery folder.
                  Opr

Comment

Bollox had missed Premier League Poker on Channel 4 but its up on the 4OD service already sweet

Comment

It will run from a floppy or basically from anywhere you put it. If you need to copy files just place it in whatever location you need to copy them into and bobs your uncle.

I kind of muddled my way through on how to use it with this guys first post in the below thread.

Go easy on me. This is my first how to. I have been up for 36 hours trying various methods to recover my lost data! Given that i'm not the most confident Linux user and I managed to succeed. I though it was necessary to share my experience. I was making the transition from windows xp to Ubuntu Edgy. Somewhere along the line I hurt my NTFS data partition. I have all my music, videos, thunderbird profile, everything on this one drive! I was unable to mount it or use ntfsfix or even chkdsk from

This bit being the guts of how to use it to view and to copy files.

Opr
                      Im a little confused as it seems like a great tool, can you run it from like a USB drive?

As for the Linux Live CD did you try searching the stuff on your working laptop/desktop hard drive just to see if it was there just curios to see if it would work.

Plus if you havent heard of this you should give it a try has some nifty tools on it for a variety of needs for diagnosing/fixing and general upkeep of your computer.

http://www.hiren.info/ + http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

Comment

Better than Federer's one?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyJhZ_yQ9TA[/ame]

Comment

Federer Nadal final - 2.6 on BF
                          Good odds imo

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                            Im a little confused as it seems like a great tool, can you run it from like a USB drive?

As for the Linux Live CD did you try searching the stuff on your working laptop/desktop hard drive just to see if it was there just curios to see if it would work.

Plus if you havent heard of this you should give it a try has some nifty tools on it for a variety of needs for diagnosing/fixing and general upkeep of your computer.

http://www.hiren.info/ + http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd
                            Yeah you can run it from a USB drive. It doesn't need to be installed just runs from where you put the folder with the program. I tested by moving it around and works fine. Its great cause my plan is just to get another USB drive run it and copy everything out. Reformat and copy stuff back in.

Yeah I could access other folders on the computer fine within Linux and even another USB that I attached just to test it.

From reading up on the problem trying to find an answer it seems it was most likely caused by me unplugging the drive when it was being written to which causes the tables to become messed up. This makes sense as the drive changed to a RAW format in windows but is actually a fat32 drive. I was told Linux can usually access the drive regardless hence me booting from the live cd but alas that failed. If you actually do a search in google it seems a pretty common problem that drives revert to raw format and become inaccessible and people just end up in most cases reformatting and losing the data. It was only by chance when I was reading up on the Linux suggested solution that I cam across the other thread on Testdisk.

Hiren has been a godsend for me on a few occasions in the past.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              So fcking stressed right now, been working since 5AM Irish time this morning, spent most of the day sitting around waiting for incompetent Egyptian droolers to arrive to do a simple job, then when they did they fucked everything up and I had to wait hours for another crew to come and clean up after the first morons. This was a monumental mess where they had to move an ATM 25 yards from one room to another on a pallet truck, first they ripped up a hugely expensive carpet and scratched some marble tiles and then through utter stupidity they broke something inside the machine so that I couldn't open the door and I had to get the second crew out to physically break the covers open so we could release the mechanism they jammed to allow me open it again. So I eventually got to start doing what I needed to be doing 12 hours late and I get to one or two steps from finished my and I run into a sick difficult problem that I can't figure out.
                              Si fucking gh

What the fck is wrong with this piece of crap?
                              head gasket?

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              Unless FG get an overall majority, what other government could form? No one will form a coalition with either FF or SF, greens will be too small, and there is no other party, so unless FG want to have 10+ independents in with them, which is not likely, it has to be FG + Labour.

I don't expect it to be stable enough to last a full term though, and I reckon there will be another election in about 3 years time.

What happens if they give someone like Shane Ross a portfolio? Are they still counting that as FG/Lab?

Comment

Opr
                                Could we repost this stuff and the responses in a techy thread or something? very very useful and will get lost in BBV.People will defo be asking about this again.
                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

lolbeans

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (9 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

UTG+1 (t2485)
                                  MP1 (t2870)
                                  MP2 (t2310)
                                  MP3 (t4091)
                                  Button (t3250)
                                  SB (t2675)
                                  Hero (BB) (t4984)
                                  UTG (t3045)

Hero's M: 83.07

Preflop: Hero is BB with 10, J
                                  1 fold, UTG+1 bets t90, 2 folds, MP3 calls t90, Button calls t90, 1 fold, Hero calls t50

Flop: (t380) 7, Q, 8 (4 players)
                                  Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, MP3 checks, Button checks

Turn: (t380) 9 (4 players)
                                  Hero bets t200, 1 fold, MP3 calls t200, Button raises to t850, Hero calls t650, MP3 raises to t4001 (All-In), Button calls t2310 (All-In), Hero calls t3151

River: (t11542) 3 (3 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t11542

Results:
                                  Button had 6, 5 (straight, nine high).
                                  Hero had 10, J (straight, Queen high).
                                  MP3 had 7, 7 (three of a kind, sevens).
                                  Outcome: Hero won t11542
                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Working processing pension payments atm, very exciting stuff. I have found 2 quality names in the last few days though, Dick Hunter and Matthew Treblecock.

Comment

Boobies:
                                      SPOILER

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFJV9RZ716A&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                          Ironically haven't seen any of the Oz open, had a bet on R.Fed to scoop since pre tourney.
                                          I have been tracking results, the only's upsets of note have been top Soderling and Roddick bowing out to Dologolopov and Wawrinka, this prevented a top 8 quarters.
                                          I think its going to be the obvious Nadal v Murray, and Djokovic v Federer leading to the even more obvious Raf Fed final. Obviously there are guys here who punt tennis a lot more than me, Cardshark being one I think, so was looking for opinions on best options now.
                                          Let Fed run, or lay him off pre final to lock in profit
                                          Don't really punt tennis much, I just like it a lot. I would lay fed. Fed is god but atm I would fancy djokovic to take him in the semis unless he improves.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                            judging from the interest of the online sats there is going to be a huge overlay in the student masters this year. may only be 1-2k in the pot with an added IO ticket for first place.
                                            So there's an added IO ticket, irrespective of the prize pool? In practice IO ticket for 1st, cash for the rest yeah? I'll try to play this so*

*on the basis I still have money after Cheltenham!

Comment

Just got an iphone -

Whats the must have applications for it?
                                              I rem Lazare posting a few

Also, whats the name of the new tv program, about gangsters and stuff. The actor from armegadon and con air is in it??

thanks
                                              GAA News Website

Comment

boardwalk empire/

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                  So there's an added IO ticket, irrespective of the prize pool? In practice IO ticket for 1st, cash for the rest yeah? I'll try to play this so*

*on the basis I still have money after Cheltenham!
                                                  Yeah it's added I think meaning it's added to w/e the prizepool rather than a "Guarantee".

Finish up on March 11th so might try it myself..will see closer to the time
                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

schiavone at 6.2 seems like a little value even though she played the marathon match last game.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                      Just got an iphone -

Whats the must have applications for it?
                                                      I rem Lazare posting a few

Also, whats the name of the new tv program, about gangsters and stuff. The actor from armegadon and con air is in it??thanks
                                                      Steve Buscemi's finest moments as an actor.

Comment

I wanted to get on Djokovic at the start with a view to maybe laying off but due to bustoness and lack of somebody who knows anything about Tennis confirming my ill though out pick I didn't bother. May still get on though, get paid tomorrow.

Comment

Yep djok has been good, I expect him to take care of berdych tonight, but no great value in him at 1.35

Comment

He was pretty good in the Hopman Cup too in Perth, has won in aus before etc

Comment

djok at -4.5 games at 1.75 on betfair is just about value imo.

Comment

Dublin, Ireland - Sex capital of the world.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rRPb5dosiA&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU9TouRnO84&ob=av3el[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                  Don't really punt tennis much, I just like it a lot. I would lay fed. Fed is god but atm I would fancy djokovic to take him in the semis unless he improves.
                                                                  Yeah, I know what you mean. He isn't at his best.

I still think Nadal being no.1, is only going to help Feds odds. I'm going to see what the prices are before the final if it runs) and decide then. I could lock in 20% profit at the moment, but don't see the point in greening up so short. Maybe pre final.
                                                                  Obviously banking on a win over Djokovic (worried you have doubts tbh)

I think Nadel Fed final at 2.6 was a great price tbh. I had to ring in my bet over the phone (Oz in-play rules are strange)
                                                                  Just checked it again, the market fell apart after I posted it. Yes was snapped up and us not trading at 1.4 (135% book). So that will have to settle.
                                                                  I know you're already invested in him but 2.66 on betfair for 3-0 Fed. Pretty tasty if you feel strongly about it.
                                                                  Ship Ship

Comment

What you up to tommorow by the way Mellor? Were you here last year?

Whats the buzz like?

Comment

yeah was here lat year, can't remember exactly what I did tbh.
                                                                      I think, i didn't do anything special, smoked a bit, had soem beers.
                                                                      But there does be plenty on. BBQs, beach, its pretty chilled out (compared to paddys day being a big messy session)

Weather is supposed to be good, Sydney is expecting 40 degrees.
                                                                      i've nothing planned, but I'd say a BBQ would be the right job

Comment

Yeah I'm really just envisaging paddy's day in the sun. Think beach/bbq will be right. Planning a heavy one tonight too. Seems to just be treated by the Aussies as a day off, nobody I know really cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                          That clip won't embed but I went to Youtube to watch,it's a humourous version of the Tedtalk on the paradox of choice.

Worth watching if your interested in how technology and increasing freedom of choice are actually making us less happy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO6XEQIsCoM
                                                                          Just got around to watching this, very good.

This is genius...

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 25-01-11, 05:27.

Comment

Heh,you must have had a very interesting time searching for that cartoon in google
                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I had done a screen shot of the video and then decided to try googling it, was easy to find.

'computer golf sex'

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU9TouRnO84&ob=av3el[/ame][/QUOTE]

this reminds me of this. funny shit

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDitGAUrno[/ame]
                                                                                You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Tony3004 View Post

this reminds me of this. funny shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLDitGAUrno
                                                                                  Yea, saw it here before, gave it another watch when I posted the other videos.

Comment

I wonder do black americans find white comedians as funny as we do them . cant imagine 2 brothers going to see ricky gervais. then again you dont see many white people in the crowds of black comedians. Ah the things you think about when baked at 5.30 am
                                                                                    You got to have a lot of balls, to play golf the way I do!

Comment

Not in the crowds, we have to wait for the DVD, or the comedy central special.
                                                                                      too many of the jokes are black centric, it doesn't apply to me, but I get the joke.
                                                                                      But, imagine trying to explain that to the 6'6" NFL sized mother beside you when he looks at you to say
                                                                                      "What the fuck you laughing at cracker"

Comment

Here we go again. Things can only get better.

Comment

Ugh, spained my wrist and fingers so bad at football last night I can't even roll a smoke
                                                                                          Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

Originally posted by Ramiriquez View Post
                                                                                            Ugh, spained my wrist and fingers so bad at football last night I can't even roll a smoke
                                                                                            Should have had a proper nights sleep before it

Comment

Sighaments..

18th in one Daily Double for $99.20 with 3k up top. eugh
                                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                Should have had a proper nights sleep before it
                                                                                                Yup yup, degeneratisms FTW. My whole hand is swelling now, doctor time methinks
                                                                                                Trying to not cause trouble since 1983

Comment

MTV making a Geordie Shore

Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

...
                                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Ship ship
                                                                                                      On the other hand Fckn Microsoft

Comment

The BBV was in fine form last night. Don't think I ever thanked as many posts in such a short space of time.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                          Couldn't think of a better place to have it!

Serious case of coma last night, was passed out by 9pm. Still gonna be late for first class though!

Comment

Having serious doubts about Community. 4th episode in and flagging badly. I'll give it another 2.

Comment

puke, just checked timetable properly. Have a 9-10 class, and then 2-5.

Not bothering with the early one now! But I'm awake far too early for the other one.

bleugh

Comment

Originally posted by daire View Post
                                                                                                                Lenny for FF value at 5.5? Martin seems ridic short at 1.12, or am I missing something?
                                                                                                                no value there
                                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                  @RDIII.

I'll take the overs 25.5 seats Fianna Fail at $20 a seat.

(My only proviso is that if 10 or more existing FF TDs go independent or form a new party etc that its null).

were we talking about this bet a while back? (can't remember it)

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                                                                                                        Did you get your results from last semester yet?
                                                                                                                        nope, this week though I think.

We have to go in and meet our Director of Studies individually to get them, bizarre setup I would've thought?

Comment

Originally posted by Fun Bobby View Post
                                                                                                                          You reckon Martin more or less has it sown up? Tasty enough odds on Lenihan all the same, but guess its not worth a shot? Am itching to bet after your BBV betting victory last week; raging that missed out on it!
                                                                                                                          yeah it's sewn up, no interest in it at all.

Lenihan is widely detested amongst the parliamentary party after his antics last week. McGuinness nailed him nicely!

the real fun is going to be trying to work out if FF get a bounce from their new leader\if FG and LAB fuck up what should be the easiest campaign ever (which they probably will if things go to form ). You can already see AJ's views on this!^^

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X