This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
    Really? The one the kids were using until Christmas was almost 6 years old and the only reason it was fukked was because Tony spilled tea on it (a ploy to get a new laptop imo )

I had severe overheating problems with my HP and that was due to the NVidia graphics card and was a known problem. The Toshiba has been brilliant and nothing went wrong with it until the accident.
    Toshiba's have generally the most reliable builds in all the laptop manufacturers
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
      Don't buy either of those rip-offs.

This has better specs and costs significantly less:

http://www.dabs.com/products/toshiba...0000-435910000
      I was looking at that one and the 650D model. The other one said reduced from 650 to 499 so thought it may have been better.
      Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 24-01-11, 21:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
        You can of course get a much higher spec for the same money but god these are a sexy machine. Some drop in price on what one of these could have cost even 6 months ago.

Opr
        I am not a huge fan of Dell. I avoid Dell and compaq

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
          I can't find these on the dell ireland site anymore. Is that one old stock?
          AFAIK they only ever did one model of Onyx Adamo 13 which is the one in the link I posted. It would be old stock now but it was only launched around the start of last year and was over £1500 when launched.

Opr

Comment

The lads have been giving some great advice im just gonna say buy a Macbook
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
              AFAIK they only ever did one model of Onyx Adamo 13 which is the one in the link I posted. It would be old stock now but it was only launched around the start of last year and was over £1500 when launched.

Opr
              Fair enough. Even the really thin vostro based on the same design has disappeared from the dell website
              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude View Post
                  Finkel in the well.
                  Howard has very kindly agreed to jump into the well.

Ask him anything here.
                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Opr
                    Fair enough, you would only really be buying it if you wanted something ultra-portable. It would be the PC equivalent to the Mac book air.

Opr
                    I don't need ultra portable. It sits in the sitting room on a laptop table and I rarely move it.

Comment

This was one we spotted the other day. I was looking at the more expensive ones hoping they would be better (and I fancied the pink one!)

It's similar to one put up.

Thoughts? is the good value? Its mainly for playing Cafe World poker, facebook and email. I don't watch vids or anything.

Comment

This was one we spotted the other day. I was looking at the more expensive ones hoping they would be better (and I fancied the pink one!)

Thoughts? is the good value? Its mainly for playing Cafe World poker, facebook and email. I don't watch vids or anything.
                        i know its not for much intensive work but avoid the celeron processors..

the new i series processors are much better (i3, i5)

Comment

Don't get a pink one. The head gasket is on em is dodgy.

Comment

Nah stay away from that doesnt look all that good terrible processor, Tony has started to watch Jersey Shore you should too get something with a huge screen so you can enjoy it in all its glory

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              i know its not for much intensive work but avoid the celeron processors..

the new i series processors are much better (i3, i5)
                              What about Intel Pentium dual core T4500? I was under the impression dual core processors would be good.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Nah stay away from that doesnt look all that good terrible processor, Tony has started to watch Jersey Shore you should too get something with a huge screen so you can enjoy it in all its glory
                                  I had a 17" HP and to be honest, I have been using the kids ACER Aspire 5551 this last week which has a 15.6" screen and found it grand. We have his Sony 17" if we want to do that or we can hook them up to the 24" monitor

Comment

chelsea for the prem league ramires scores which were the bigger odds earlier

Comment

I don't think they are in my price range.

Comment

What about Intel Pentium dual core T4500? I was under the impression dual core processors would be good.

I'd go for an i3 personally ..

Comment

Intel Dual Core are the older processers now. The i range are the new ones from them. I'm not sure of the AMD processor specs though.

Comment

The problem I have is that I wont be buying online. I am trying to find what you guys are suggesting in :-

Argos.co.uk
                                            Currys.co.uk
                                            Pcworld.co.uk

I will be going into the north tomorrow to get one.

Unless I tell them I want a laptop with i3 or i5 processor, 15.6" screen and numeric keypad and see what they show me.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                              No, I've looked at them alright but it gives me an easy ride.

Bolton win I get to lol at Chelsea

Draw I get to lol at Chelsea

Chelsa win I get the loots

+

Bolton have only one draw in four with three defeats, they may be blooding Wheather in defence for the first time and they generally struggle against Chelsea (no goals in three, no goals at home in seven, no clean sheets in 20 etc etc)

Lampard missing again isn't great but it was worth a punt and will hopefully pay off.
                                              Ship!

Now, to let it ride or not let it ride, that is the question....

United to beat Blackpool (4/11)

United -1 (10/11)
                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

The problem I have is that I wont be buying online. I am trying to find what you guys are suggesting in :-

Argos.co.uk
                                                Currys.co.uk
                                                Pcworld.co.uk

Unless I tell them I want a laptop with i3 or i5 processor, 15.6" screen and numeric keypad and see what they show me.
                                                try comet instead.
                                                They generally have better prices/machines/knowledgeable staff then Currys/Pcworld (same company afaik)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                  try comet instead.
                                                  They generally have better prices/machines/knowledgeable staff then Currys/Pcworld (same company afaik)
                                                  It says they do not have any stores in Ireland. Just the UK.

Yes PC World and Currys are one in the same

Comment

Derry is in the UK last time I checked.

Comment

Jaysus who let the village idiot do a well.
                                                      Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                      I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

you said you were going to the north?

Comment

Argos.co.uk
                                                          Currys.co.uk
                                                          Pcworld.co.uk

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            I have never seen Comet in Derry. And yes I know it is IN the UK but says on the site not in Ireland. It must be just Mainland UK they have stores as I put in for Belfast as well and BT post codes.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              A temporary setback.

Comment

Argos.co.uk
                                                                Currys.co.uk
                                                                Pcworld.co.uk

I found Harvey Normans fantastic when i was buying my laptop . back then i had not a clue about them, and the chap must have spent at least an hour and a half with me explaining everything.

by the time i was finished i haggled € 50 off the price, got a free laptop case and while i was paying grabbed a large packet of blanks cds and the manager just smiled and said ok

I would deffo go back to them!

that was naas BTW!
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Hey folks with the Deepstack coming up and probably 1 or 2 other events through out the year I thought it would be a good idea if I was to get my own SLR Digital Camera instead of having to rely on people for lends (always appreciated thou) so with the Deepstack coming up I picked myself a camera up last week and want to get use to it before the festival.

Lao Lao and UraiseIfold plus FourofaKind have been guiding me in what I should be looking out for and have been top quality with their help, met Lao Lao in town yesterday for a few tips and pointers plus a hot chocolate from Butlers Coffee Shop very nice and off we went to shot a few bits and bobs.

Was pretty happy with what I took yesterday can only get better (that is the plan) plus I've always liked and been interested in photography so hopefully that will give me a push into learning the likes of Photoshop which I've always wanted to know how to use properly.

Well this is my first set of pics if you's have a minute please take a look and let me know what you's think be it good/bad/indifferent (first two are Lao Lao's rest are mine)

My First Set of Pics

This was my favourite pic I had taken yesterday

Last edited by tylerdurden94; 24-01-11, 22:17.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                    I found Harvey Normans fantastic when i was buying my laptop . back then i had not a clue about them, and the chap must have spent at least an hour and a half with me explaining everything.

by the time i was finished i haggled € 50 off the price, got a free laptop case and while i was paying grabbed a large packet of blanks cds and the manager just smiled and said ok

that was naas BTW!
                                                                    Bit far to go in the morning! It's usually much cheaper to purchase in Derry though.

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                      PM sent
                                                                      omg has to be stolen goods
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                        A temporary setback.
                                                                        Post Of The Year...if the awards ever happen

Comment

that was naas BTW!
                                                                          He was probably just afraid of you ya psyhco bitch

Comment

omg has to be stolen goods
                                                                            Possesion is nine tenths

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                              He was probably just afraid of you ya psyhco bitch
                                                                              LOL shit I thought he fancied me!!!
                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                                                                Post Of The Year...if the awards ever happen
                                                                                Heh,noticed your location

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                  Jaysus who let the village idiot do a well.
                                                                                  Very informative so far, it seems Fun Bobby is HH ? ?
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Good Bargain Alert

Dunno why it has never occurred to me to check this, I thought I could be at the top of the list so I'm somewhat relieved.

BBV Post counts:
                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Good Bargain Alert

Dunno why it has never occurred to me to check this, I thought I could be at the top of the list so I'm somewhat relieved.

BBV Post counts:
                                                                                      Hmm I'm obviously am not posting enough!
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

I want to buy a netcook or Dell Mini, small thing for typing notes/portability - whats the best option? Thanks

Comment

You're grand

BBV Post counts:

Comment

Your ok , you are probably posting too much if anything.

Comment

You're grand
                                                                                              lol but i still cant get it! what have me and CHD in common????
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                                                                                                I want to buy a netcook or Dell Mini, small thing for typing notes/portability - whats the best option? Thanks
                                                                                                I would say your best bet is a tablet! very cheap now and very very portable!
                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

I got an Acer One and I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Ball View Post
                                                                                                    in other news

application forms completed and sent, medicals completed and sent, and last of the documentation sent off at the weekend for the Australian visas. all i have to do now is wait untill they ask for another bust of stuff and hopefully the end result will be that this time 12mths i will be sitting on bondi beach with cocktails while the rest of ye will be here sinking in this cespit that is the Irish economy.

SPOILER
                                                                                                    obviously if i get refused the visa i will have to come back here and eat humble pie
                                                                                                    What visa are you going for?
                                                                                                    I imagine its a 175 PR visa. Best of luck, you'll be doing well to get an answer before xmas 2011 ?(unless you can push it through somehow)

Comment

I've an Asus eee pc netbook and love it. Really like the way the keys feel when typing. Go in to somewhere like PC World, see what you like, test it out and search for better prices online.

Comment

Nite nite fukkers

Comment

Sweet dreams damo, do you want your night light?

Comment

The asus EEE look good, can get it for around 250 Euro, is that a good price?

Comment

Sweet dreams damo, do you want your night light?
                                                                                                              No thanks , i know where it is

Comment

funny night light

Comment

looking for help on parking, im off to lanzarote next Monday and im looking for somewhere cheap to park the car!
                                                                                                                  when i google i get loads so im sure some of you use certain car parks regularly when travelling.
                                                                                                                  its 8 days total!
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Ironically haven't seen any of the Oz open, had a bet on R.Fed to scoop since pre tourney.
                                                                                                                    I have been tracking results, the only's upsets of note have been top Soderling and Roddick bowing out to Dologolopov and Wawrinka, this prevented a top 8 quarters.
                                                                                                                    I think its going to be the obvious Nadal v Murray, and Djokovic v Federer leading to the even more obvious Raf Fed final. Obviously there are guys here who punt tennis a lot more than me, Cardshark being one I think, so was looking for opinions on best options now.
                                                                                                                    Let Fed run, or lay him off pre final to lock in profit

Comment

The asus EEE look good, can get it for around 250 Euro, is that a good price?
                                                                                                                      Depends on the specs.

Got mine in the states for around $330ish last Jan. Here it is to give you an idea:

Get full-length product reviews, the latest news, tech coverage, daily deals, and category deep dives from CNET experts worldwide.

Comment

looking for help on parking, im off to lanzarote next Monday and im looking for somewhere cheap to park the car!
                                                                                                                        when i google i get loads so im sure some of you use certain car parks regularly when travelling.
                                                                                                                        its 8 days total!
                                                                                                                        LOL female drivers, do me a favour, love!
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

its 8 days total!
                                                                                                                          Get a man to park for you, love.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X