This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iago View Post
    You're right, and my answer is simple; don't use invisibility......

I'm still partial to sneaking up behind someone and loping off their head, but I don't use invisibility at all. I tend to favour the whole "through the front door and fight my way past whoever happens to be there" approach.

I also spend far too much time breaking into houses/bars/castles and stealing everything I can get my hands on. That might be something for Hotspur though
    Yeah I reckon I'd ban myself from doing it if I went back to play it again.

My problem starting off was that I always like to be the stealth/assissin type characters in these games (blame MGS) so learning the invisibility spell seemed like the sensible thing as I played my way through.

I didn't realise how much it would mess up the experience, and I would definitely avoid it in retrospect.

One of the coolest ways to play is to be a summoner IMO. Takes a good while to build up to the decent spells, but there was nothing more fun than summoning some bad ass demon to kick the shit out of a NPC that was giving you guff

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
      its grand as I'm the only mod there, and did ask for it, but if it got reported higher up, could lead to trouble with admins again. anyway, banhammer has fallen!
      And as if by Magic, Zuroph finds himself in the middle of a Quarterly Review!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
        its grand as I'm the only mod there, and did ask for it, but if it got reported higher up, could lead to trouble with admins again. anyway, banhammer has fallen!
        well played zuroph
        nothing like swinging the ole' sledge around

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

What the hell are you nerds on about?

Been reading through David Thorne's (spider picture guy) website, I'd only read a couple of his email correspondences before but they are all quality.

"I have heard that the best way to protect yourself during a bear attack is to roll into a tight ball and cover your face but I am pretty sure a flame-thrower or a special suit that metal spikes spring out of when you press a button would be more effective"

http://www.27bslash6.com

Comment

Anyone any experience selling stuff on ebay? I have an 80g ipod classic to sell, would that usually be where you'd get the best price for that kind of thing?
            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

here's a strange question; which other sites can you qualify for the IO online other than PPP?

(I know, why would you want to with the 100k thingy but humour me)
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                here's a strange question; which other sites can you qualify for the IO online other than PPP?

The worlds number one site of course

Boylepoker

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                  The worlds number one site of course

Boylepoker
                  I hear the quality of staff there is about to take a massive plunge downwards

Comment

I intend staying so we will be world class as ever

Comment

Betfred.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                        Anyone any experience selling stuff on ebay? I have an 80g ipod classic to sell, would that usually be where you'd get the best price for that kind of thing?
                        Would try adverts.ie or gumtree something easy so if needs be the person could come and collect it or you could meet them in town something like that.
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Impressive I think I prefer the Waterfall Toad

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTD7DRTMu5o[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOmbooEY4x4[/ame]

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Would an image of a bald eagle be more appropriate perhaps?
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

toad videos remind me of here..

Last edited by Zuroph; 12-01-11, 16:24.
                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                  know posted it before, but can't believe the KFC double-down hasn't crossed the water yet:

So woefully tired - had about 20 mins sleep last night
                                  Wow for a second i thought you posted a picture of a wrecked vagina after giving birth.

Comment

looking forward to our demolition of Arsenal tonight

I'll be hiding behind the sofa with my fingers in my ears imo

Comment

This is fucking beautiful.

The following story is currently making the rounds on the Internet. The events probably didn’t happen exactly as described, but for my purposes it doesn’t really matter.

Supposedly, a woman posted the following personal ad on Craigslist:
                                      __________________________________________________ ___________________
                                      What am I doing wrong?

Okay, I’m tired of beating around the bush. I’m a beautiful (spectacularly beautiful) 25-year-old girl. I’m articulate and classy. I’m not from New York. I’m looking to get married to a guy who makes at least [a] half a million a year. I know how that sounds, but keep in mind that a million a year is middle class in New York City, so I don’t think I’m overreaching at all.

Are there any guys who make 500K or more on this board? Any wives? Could you send me some tips? I dated a businessman who makes average around 200 – 250K. But that’s where I seem to hit a roadblock. 250,000K won’t get me to Central Park West. I know a woman in my yoga class who was married to an investment banker and lives in Tribeca, and she’s not as pretty as I am, nor is she a great genius. So what is she doing right? How do I get to her level?

Here are my questions specifically:

- Where do you single rich men hang out? Give me specifics- bars, restaurants, gyms.

- What are you looking for in a mate? Be honest guys, you won’t hurt my feelings.

- Is there an age range I should be targeting (I’m 25)?

- Why are some of the women living lavish lifestyles on the Upper East Side so plain? I’ve seen really “plain Jane” boring types who have nothing to offer married to incredibly wealthy guys. I’ve seen drop dead gorgeous girls in singles bars in the East Village. What’s the story there?

- Jobs I should look out for? Everyone knows — lawyer, investment banker, doctor. How much do those guys really make? And where do they hang out? Where do the hedge fund guys hang out?

- How you decide marriage vs. just a girlfriend? I am looking for MARRIAGE ONLY.

Please hold your insults — I’m putting myself out there in an honest way. Most beautiful women are superficial; at least I’m being up front about it. I wouldn’t be searching for these kind of guys if I wasn’t able to match them — in looks, culture, sophistication, and keeping a nice home and hearth.

The response she got was as follows:
                                      __________________________________________________ ___
                                      Dear Pers-431649184:

I read your posting with great interest and have thought meaningfully about your dilemma. I offer the following analysis of your predicament. Firstly, I’m not wasting your time, I qualify as a guy who fits your bill; that is I make more than $500K per year. That said, here’s how I see it:

Your offer, from the prospective of a guy like me, is plain and simple a crappy business deal. Here’s why. Cutting through all the B.S., what you suggest is a simple trade: you bring your looks to the party, and I bring my money. Fine, simple. But here’s the rub — your looks will fade and my money will likely continue into perpetuity … in fact, it is very likely that my income increases but it is an absolute certainty that you won’t be getting any more beautiful!

So, in economic terms, you are a depreciating asset and I am an earning asset. Not only are you a depreciating asset, your depreciation accelerates! Let me explain: you’re 25 now and will likely stay pretty hot for the next 5 years, but less so each year. Then the fade begins in earnest. By 35, stick a fork in you!

So in Wall Street terms, we would call you a trading position, not a buy and hold … hence the rub … marriage. It doesn’t make good business sense to “buy you” (which is what you’re asking) so I’d rather lease. In case you think I’m being cruel, I would say the following: if my money were to go away, so would you, so when your beauty fades I need an out. It’s as simple as that. So a deal that makes sense is dating, not marriage.

Separately, I was taught early in my career about efficient markets. So, I wonder why a girl as “articulate, classy and spectacularly beautiful” as you has been unable to find your sugar daddy. I find it hard to believe, if you are as gorgeous as you say you are, that the $500K hasn’t found you, if not only for a tryout. By the way, you could always find a way to make your own money and then we wouldn’t need to have this difficult conversation.

With all that said, I must say you’re going about it the right way. Classic “pump and dump.” I hope this is helpful, and if you want to enter into some sort of lease, let me know.

__________________________________________________ _______________
                                      I have to say that the respondent has some pretty sensible economics in his answer. My guess, however, is that with that mindset he probably doesn’t have any more success with ladies than the gold-digging woman does with men. Just as politics often trumps economics when it comes to public policy, rational arguments rarely win the day in dating, love, and marriage.

I wouldn’t expect male economists to marry very well. Firstly, they tend to think like the guy who wrote this letter. Secondly, they tend to be nerds. Thirdly, they make very little money when they are young because they get so much education, even though their lifetime income is quite high. Yet I think it is fair to say that the economists I know have married stunningly well (myself included). We’ve all been puzzling over this fact for the fifteen years I have been in the profession. As of yet, no one has come up with a good explanation. I doubt it could be perfect foresight on the part of the women we marry.

Also, completely contrary to what an economic model might predict, I can’t think of any economist who left his wife in middle age for a younger “trophy” wife. There must be cases, but none that spring to mind.

So maybe economists aren’t such heartless, conniving people after all. Or maybe economists just care so little about human relationships that it’s not worth the trouble to try to acquire a trophy wife.
                                      Last edited by Emmet; 12-01-11, 16:38.

Comment

Glynn I would give Florida a miss for a few more years until the kids are older. It's a great spot but you want them around 7 years + to really appreciate and get on most of the rides. I have not been but I know a family who go to Malta in early season (Feb/Mar) and they say the weather is reasonable.

Comment

Cowen just made a complete fool of himself in the Dail

it very much looks like there's a smoking gun ready to go off that will totally expose the corruption at the heart of the bailout

I fucking hope so anyway

Comment

Titan as well so id say all/most iPoker sites are running sats!?

Comment

Some interesting reading on the whole childbirth malarkey. I am a season pro at this stage, number 4 all going well should be making an appearance in the next few days.

My new sig should read

Jackyback - Raising the national family average by a percentage point

Comment

it very much looks like there's a smoking gun ready to go off that will totally expose the corruption at the heart of the bailout

I fucking hope so anyway
                                                he's actually cracking up

this is freaky

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
                                                  Some interesting reading on the whole childbirth malarkey. I am a season pro at this stage, number 4 all going well should be making an appearance in the next few days.

My new sig should read

Jackyback - Raising the national family average by a percentage point
                                                  excellent work Jackyback

be careful though, any more and people will think you're a Traveller (between that and the van-buying, I'm starting to suspect you might be myself)

Comment

he's actually cracking up

this is freaky
                                                    What's actually going on? I've zoned out Irish political news lately...

There was some story about Cowen playing golf with Sean Fitz or something - any links to bring me back up to speed?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                      Ok, next time someone posts a link here to them trolling somewhere on boards there will be a ban handed out. I see several here have posted over there in that magic thread for some reason and that's what I want to prevent. I know it's a bit of craic, but it isn't something I like to see as I'd like to think we had moved past that.
                                                      It's a fair cop Guv,duly noted.

Thanks to the poasters who "helped"
                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Have any of you lads who are currently playing Oblivion played any Fallout 3 / Fallout: New Vegas yet? Both great, great games in a similar vein to the Elder Scrolls stuff, I got New Vegas for Christmas and have put 25 hours in already, it is incredibly addictive I think!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                          Have any of you lads who are currently playing Oblivion played any Fallout 3 / Fallout: New Vegas yet? Both great, great games in a similar vein to the Elder Scrolls stuff, I got New Vegas for Christmas and have put 25 hours in already, it is incredibly addictive I think!
                                                          Played a decent amount of Fallout, never got anywhere near finishing it though.

Just fired up New Vegas for the first time the other day and played an hour or two. Think I might give it another spin this evening.

Is Vegas itself done well?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                              I put Oblivion back into a box when I realised how much time it was consuming. I took it back out when I had a couple of weeks off over Christmas but I really shouldn't have.

Hence I've avoided the temptation of picking up Fallout or New Vegas and so it shall remain. Elder scrolls IV will be purchased though, will just have to hold onto my annual leave until December.
                                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Just under 2 weeks until the forum is 1 year old.

Will anyone offer odds on hitting 100k post in BBV on the date of the anniversary (24th Jan)?

Only looking for a small bet btw
                                                                Last edited by Megatron; 12-01-11, 17:16.

Comment

I fucking hope so anyway
                                                                  insider knowledge?

edit: mongy spelling
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Will anyone offer odds on hitting 100k post in BBV on the date of the anniversary (24th Jan)?

3k posts in 2 weeks? doable.
                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Wow

Video of a river in Aus dragging cars along like they're rubber ducks.

Be sure to watch the last 30 seconds

Comment

At the current rate it will happen a few days before then, about the 20th is my guess.

Comment

wow, just seen this episode

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc3ttMqZ6Dk[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                            3k posts in 2 weeks? doable.
                                                                            Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                            At the current rate it will happen a few days before then, about the 20th is my guess.
                                                                            So are ye willing to offer odds then?

I reckon it happens on the 24th.

Comment

Abed: He still assumes I'm a terrorist.
                                                                              Pierce: If you're not, I'm sorry. If you are, I'm a hero. I'm willing to take that chance.
                                                                              "Kickpuncher" narrator: It is the year 2006 A.D and nuclear war has ravaged the planet.

Abed: I must've missed that.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                                                                  wow, just seen this episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc3ttMqZ6Dk
                                                                                  You have some quality Senor Chang bits coming up, only noticed his jacket "El Tigre Chino" awesome

Comment

Was trying to get a youtube of him dancing in S01E16, but no joy. Fcking brilliant. There with his bottle of tequila doing the gangsta moves.
                                                                                    Here you go

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nN62orXK0Dk[/ame]

Comment

...

Comment

So are ye willing to offer odds then?

I reckon it happens on the 24th.
                                                                                        What odds do u want? I am v interested

Comment

Originally posted by Hatedajacks View Post
                                                                                          What odds do u want? I am v interested
                                                                                          I dont know tbh I would guess 10/1. But am open to haggling

EDIT: Just worked out the sums its only 170 odd posts a day so will be before the 24th.

Will take odds on the 17th if you want to have a bet.
                                                                                          Last edited by Megatron; 12-01-11, 17:52.

Comment

EDIT: Just worked out the sums its only 170 odd posts a day so will be before the 24th.

[x] chancer

Comment

...

Comment

Get good odds, put on a big bet, and then offer me some of the action.

nudge, nudge, wink, wink.

Comment

Mega lol. Senor Chang "Put me in the game, I play paintball 3 times a week bro. I'm one of those douchebags that brings his own equipment"

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbZoT5oR8jw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbZoT5oR8jw[/ame]

Comment

the latest gift grub classic

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8LgyyHreTU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8LgyyHreTU[/ame]

Comment

offer is open to anyone who is a regular on here

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                        Just incase anyone is interested, Citywest have a promo on where they are doing a double room for €50 with breakfast included until the 31st March. It's a 50 hour promo so not a ton of time to book it. Just booked the 26th March for myself and MrsF so would be cool if a couple of IPBers/partners booked the same time for a few drinks in the bar and a bit of banter :-)
                                                                                                        Done I hope you have a monaghanese dictionary/translator with you

Comment

Did somebody post here recently about going to Zell Am See/Kaprun ski resorts in Austria for snowboarding?

Just curious as a mate and myself are looking at booking here for the first week in March. Done a bit of research and it seems pricier than when I was in Italy but it looks a much bigger and better resort. Probably going to be booking independently and taking it from there.

Comment

Itv4+1

For anyone who has noticed it missing off their skybox, it is due to ITV "needing" a channel for ITV+1

You can tune in ITV4+1 on other channels 10832H, 22,000, 5/6.

comes in handy for vegging with the odd ep of minder etc

Comment

Can anyone do a transfer for me please?
                                                                                                              My $449.70 on Full Tilt to you
                                                                                                              For your $449 on Paddy Power to me..I'll defo send first etc.

Need to withdraw the funds asap and can withdraw in store from Paddy Powers so would be grand if someone could sort this out for me.
                                                                                                              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                For anyone who has noticed it missing off their skybox, it is due to ITV "needing" a channel for ITV+1

You can tune in ITV4+1 on other channels 10832H, 22,000, 5/6.

comes in handy for vegging with the odd ep of minder etc
                                                                                                                Missing! i never knew it existed. I had ITV4 and those ones though.

"Arfur ruddy Daley!"

Comment

Anyone playing the 10k in Jackpot tonight?
                                                                                                                  http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                                                                  http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

Anyone having problems logging into Full Tilt? It's asking me to download a software update, but getting an error message

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                                                                                                                      Anyone having problems logging into Full Tilt? It's asking me to download a software update, but getting an error message
                                                                                                                      It's fine for me, but a lot of people on 2+2 are saying it's constantly crashing on them since the update today.

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                        http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...8&postcount=21

offer is open to anyone who is a regular on here
                                                                                                                        Says i need a password ? secret forum/protected ?
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Very good Documentary on John Healy, ex wino, convict who became somewhat of a chess sensation in the 70's, went on to write his autobiography The Grass Arena about his childhood and life on the streets who fell out of favour with his publisher for threathening to "cut there heads off with an axe"

This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X