This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
    Anyone else got to the stage where watching tournament poker on tv feels like watching paint dry?
    I still watch them some decent ones around.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
    I'm pretty much unable to watch any poker at all on TV - I'm not sure why, I haven't even watched the Irish Opens I worked on. I still love playing but watching others play doesn't interest me even slightly.
    The IO coverage is still a good bit behind the levels of some of the other shows but im sure it will get there.

I really like the coverage of The National Heads Up Poker Championship its very good.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Also, for TylerD: I saw Tron Legacy 3D today before hitting the train to Galway - I was reasonably entertained but would only give the movie a C+ grade, it was really let down by Michael Sheen's waaaaaaaay over-the-top camp character...I wonder if Joey from Friends was his acting coach? 'I like what you're doing with the character, but have you thought about trying it super-gay?' He was as bad as that camp dude from Are You Being Served for god's sake! Otherwise the movie was pretty cool though.

A film called Still Crazy is on TG4 in about 20 mins - I saw it in the cinema back in the day and thought it was decent, if anyone is looking for something to watch and doesn't normally flick through that channel!
      Ah good man at least you didnt hate it and slate the whole thing, im the opposite of you and I actually like him in it.

Comment

Herself: 'what's all this about pregnant ginger nurses?'

I'm now being monitored.Oh dear.

P.S. I love you.
        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
          Herself: 'what's all this about pregnant ginger nurses?'

I'm now being monitored.Oh dear.

P.S. I love you.
          Does she know about the tranny hooker you got at the IPB game? The one that gave you the lapdance in Burger King?

Should I spoiler that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackyback View Post
            Would Flaine in France be a good first timer ski resort. Myself and the eldest lad are looking to go on a 4/5 day ski trip so beginner and child friendly slopes are a must.
            I went on a ski trip back in 2002 to this place.

Never skied before and hate snow/cold weather, but went along as it was a stag do for a good friend. We flew into Geneva, rented two cars and drove to this place (about 1/1.5 Hours drive), pretty straightforward drive too.

The flight was cheap with EasyJet (flew out on a Thursday back on a Monday). Car rental was pretty cheap as it was shared amongst 9, Food and Drink I found pretty affordable too.

Anyway, I found it excellent on the whole, with great tuition for beginners which, looking back now was essential, as I most definitely would have ended up in a full body cast had it not been for it.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
              Ah good man at least you didnt hate it and slate the whole thing, im the opposite of you and I actually like him in it.
              I think it was yourself and someone else talking about Community the other night. Downloaded season 1 and ended up watching 7 episodes back to back earlier on, creasing up with laughter at some scenes, epic recommendation cheers.
              Mr. Chang is the nuts, for me its like newman in seinfeld the whole show is epic but the scenes with him are like a bonus.

Comment

been there too, and cant for the life of me remember the place, or who with, or when! Looking at the map isnt ringing any bells either. But I know i've been there.. hmm.
                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Just incase anyone is interested, Citywest have a promo on where they are doing a double room for €50 with breakfast included until the 31st March. It's a 50 hour promo so not a ton of time to book it. Just booked the 26th March for myself and MrsF so would be cool if a couple of IPBers/partners booked the same time for a few drinks in the bar and a bit of banter :-)

Comment

Would Flaine in France be a good first timer ski resort. Myself and the eldest lad are looking to go on a 4/5 day ski trip so beginner and child friendly slopes are a must.
                    Andorra probably best resort for beginners imo. Great ski schools too which is vital for kids imo, as allows him to meet people his age and lets you chill with the adults.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Just incase anyone is interested, Citywest have a promo on where they are doing a double room for €50 with breakfast included until the 31st March. It's a 50 hour promo so not a ton of time to book it. Just booked the 26th March for myself and MrsF so would be cool if a couple of IPBers/partners booked the same time for a few drinks in the bar and a bit of banter :-)
                      You sir are a gent and a scholar..have been looking for some sort of weekend break in March for the past few days. Will wait until the morning to book to see when suits herself best. Cheers
                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

lol,

Tony books a romantic weekend away then invites half the poker forum along. we need a facepalm smiley..
                        http://mobro.co/zuroph
                        donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

I'm pretty much unable to watch any poker at all on TV - I'm not sure why, I haven't even watched the Irish Opens I worked on. I still love playing but watching others play doesn't interest me even slightly.
                          This is madness. I'd pay to watch a session with Tom Dwan, so getting to see him play for free is fantastic. Watching Ivey is a masterclass. Watching Hellmuth/Tony G/Luke Scwartz is pure entertainment. I fcking love watching poker

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                            lol,

Tony books a romantic weekend away then invites half the poker forum along. we need a facepalm smiley..
                            Romantic me bollox! Until we get back to the room, it's time for drinks/banter and buzz aslong as my folks watch the 3 kids for the night!!

Comment

I've been listening to lyric fm the last couple of hours while playing. Pretty cool, and very relaxing, perfect for the tournie grind.
                              We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

This is madness. I'd pay to watch a session with Tom Dwan, so getting to see him play for free is fantastic. Watching Ivey is a masterclass. Watching Hellmuth/Tony G/Luke Scwartz is pure entertainment. I fcking love watching poker
                                I've only ever watched HSP, what other stuff is durrrr and ivey in that's worth watching?
                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 12-01-11, 00:41.

Comment

I do Maths in college, I understand variance. I understand that its not unusual to lose 3/4 60/40s and some 70/30s in a row. Heck, losing one or two 85/15s isn't even that mad.

This is of absolutely no comfort to me.

Poker is one cruel cunt. Whatever I did to that iPoker RNG, I'm sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                    Actually on the pregnancy thing - its crazy the amount of people who have recommended ginger as an antidote to morning sickness. Even the pharmacist was going 'ah no, you don't want some of the crap stuff we sell here, just go out and get a bit of ginger and she'll be fine'.
                                    I had the sickness bands and they did grand but eating ANYTHING often was as good as ginger.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                    but growing healthy children are also bottomless pits

the main thing is to give them a reasonable diet (good luck trying to keep them sweet-free ) and make sure they get loads of exercise
                                    Our two oldest would eat you out of house and home, they can eat more than most adults and both as skinny as whippets! they never stop and I totally agree with you that they house bottomless pits.

lol,

+1 on this. Would be great to see some down

Comment

lol,

Mods, can we add?

or

Comment

Originally posted by Laois Hammer View Post
                                        I think it was yourself and someone else talking about Community the other night. Downloaded season 1 and ended up watching 7 episodes back to back earlier on, creasing up with laughter at some scenes, epic recommendation cheers.
                                        Mr. Chang is the nuts, for me its like newman in seinfeld the whole show is epic but the scenes with him are like a bonus.
                                        I just cant say enough good things about it

Im like you do be in stitches laughing at some of it, Chang is brilliant and Abed is awesome pretty much the whole cast is superb!

They call me El Tigre Chino

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO1LNJX2lwQ[/ame]

Pretty much this, Timoshenko in the Premier League was very good to watch the way he thinks and acts in hands is pretty cool mucho respect for him.

Comment

I just can't watch - I don't find it interesting, I try to but it just doesn't work! I'd rather play a 10c freezeout, strange but true

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxZbPXD08bk&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Will Smiths daughters song is a sickly good pop song imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                I've only ever watched HSP, what other stuff is durrrr and ivey in that's watching?
                                                Poker After Dark, Poker Million (well not really worth watching), some of the US Poker tour, The HU championships. I'm sure there's others out there

Edit - And the Million Dollar Cash game is a must
                                                Last edited by Flushdraw; 12-01-11, 00:42.

Comment

I've only ever watched HSP, what other stuff is durrrr and ivey in that's watching?
                                                  The Durr Challenge was worth a watch even thou im not his biggest fan, nearly all of the PAD Cash Games and I think it was The Million Dollar Cash Game as well with both of them in it which was good.

The latest PAD 100k buyin with Ivey/Durr/Seed/Galfond/Lindgren/Juanda was pretty good.

Comment

They sure put her out to work early, only 10 years old now and she has a couple of movies and a hit single.
                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                      Pretty much this, Timoshenko in the Premier League was very good to watch the way he thinks and acts in hands is pretty cool mucho respect for him.
                                                      Timochenko is a fantastic player and he carries himself really well. He picks some great spots and even when when his timing is off, he gets out of tight spots. Aswel as entertainment, you do pick up some tips watching it. The likes of Isaac Haxton/Neil Channing commentating also adds immensely to the enjoyment of watching

Comment

Youtubey linkey please?
                                                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Anyone know alanmc101 on stars from clifden?
                                                          Is he on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                            Does she know about the tranny hooker you got at the IPB game? The one that gave you the lapdance in Burger King?

Should I spoiler that?
                                                            Good times.

Comment

Am I overly harsh in this thread/

I wouldn't have thought it was harsh at all given the thick skin need on the theory forums. But sometimes wonder if boards/IPB/2+2 etc is slowly making us all into harsh cynical sarcastic fucks

Comment

Timochenko is a fantastic player and he carries himself really well. He picks some great spots and even when when his timing is off, he gets out of tight spots. Aswel as entertainment, you do pick up some tips watching it. The likes of Isaac Haxton/Neil Channing commentating also adds immensely to the enjoyment of watching
                                                                Watching it thou Laak is getting absolutely smashed with the deck but is playing better than ive seen him play in awhile.

Would love to see more of JC Tran as he looks like the kinda player I would like to be successful and good

Issac Haxton is great Schwartz jumped in for one of the episodes and was a clown!

Been pretty good so far liking the unfiltered approach to it with all the swearing and what not and looking forward to the next episode.

Still love watching the old episodes of the WSOP from like 02-07

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I wouldn't have thought it was harsh at all given the thick skin need on the theory forums. But sometimes wonder if boards/IPB/2+2 etc is slowly making us all into harsh cynical sarcastic fucks
                                                                  meh, you're being constructive. Its fair game I think. Sometimes I post hands and then have to cover my eyes waiting for responses as I'm certain that I've butchered them. You post hands to learn though, and have to take the comments on the chin. Nobody started off perfect. Poker isn't a game you just "are good" at.

I've no problem with people saying "Nah, this is bullshit, absolutely terrible" because the degree of "harshness" of the response can help you to see your mistakes and thought process issues far more clearly.

Comment

lol speaking of poker on tv I'm watching the EPT London on Ch 4 atm. All in pre 1010 vs Q2 with no spade among them.

Flop 10xx all spades. Turn x Spades.

Commentator: Oh now there is a 17% chance of a chop (silence) if the river is a spade....

Now I don't claim to be an expert but surely there'e 100% chance of a chop if the river is a spade
                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Seems that handegg game some of you were watching last night was the highest rated program in the history of cable in the US, bringing in 27.3 million viewers.

Comment

No not at all.
                                                                          'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

meh mild enough. I was expecting worse

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te-tKEoBkt4[/ame]

Comment

---

Originally posted by Mellor
                                                                                You palyed it pretty bad tbh.

Not raising pre was poor. not CR the flop was worse.

Originally posted by merkum wallop View Post
                                                                                You can probably guess what he had and what river came - but my main thoughts are how I played and should I have rr back sooner.........
                                                                                At that point, it was 5k to him into 28k or so, he was correct to call with a draw. You made it quite easy for him, even profitable to play his hand, which was obviously worse.

Either shove, or make it 6k and shove flop
                                                                                Nobody is here to be nice. There is little point in sugar coating anything.
                                                                                This is a technical forum, if somebody does something wrong or bad they will be told so.
                                                                                I wasn't being negitive, I was being honest, there is a difference. If you can't take critism then don't ask for advice. There was nothing personal about it.

You are reletively new, you'll get used to this. My comments were pretty mild compared to others threads/hands.
                                                                                Originally posted by CHD
                                                                                Eh, You butchered the OP just as much as you butchered this hand.

---

Your post is strong stuff - but you've included some explanation and information. So the OP may learn something.

CHD's however is a fine example of how to act the fucking dickhead on the Internet. Nobody is ever going to learn from that sentence, and it isn't as if CHD commands some Valor or John O' Shea (or loads of people - just the two names that popped into my head) like respect where him simply saying the play was awful would be useful in of itself.

Pure garbage imo.
                                                                                Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 12-01-11, 01:24.
                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Ugh,I don't feel well from drink.What steps should I take? apart from going to bed.

Comment

RON77 merupakan situs game online terbaik serta resmi di Asia yang menyediakan beragam game terlengkap serta gampang untuk mendapatkan kemenangan berlisensi di Dunia.

pretty cool website. Some bands in there before they made it.

Comment

Lloyd you are such an angry man.

Comment

Some great tackles going in on ESPN Classic at the moment.
                                                                                        Old Merseyside FA Cup derby, watching players getting straight up after near amputation would make u wish for the good ol days.

Comment

Thanks for all the responses on that.

I'm having crisps.FU guys.

Comment

not overly harsh, but just partially wrong
                                                                                            Last edited by cardshark202; 12-01-11, 01:32.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                              ---

---

Your post is strong stuff - but you've included some explanation and information. So the OP may learn something.

CHD's however is a fine example of how to act the fucking dickhead on the Internet. Nobody is ever going to learn from that sentence, and it isn't as if CHD commands some Valor or John O' Shea (or loads of people - just the two names that popped into my head) like respect where him simply saying the play was awful would be useful in of itself.

Pure garbage imo.
                                                                                              Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                              Yes, way ott.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post

Lloyd you are such an angry man.
                                                                                                You ain't respected by anyone. according to lloyd anyway

Comment

Thanks for all the responses on that.

I'm having crisps.FU guys.
                                                                                                  Add cheese,ham & mayo into a sambo & u'll be ok

Comment

Originally posted by BabyHawk View Post
                                                                                                    I went on a ski trip back in 2002 to this place.

Never skied before and hate snow/cold weather, but went along as it was a stag do for a good friend. We flew into Geneva, rented two cars and drove to this place (about 1/1.5 Hours drive), pretty straightforward drive too.

The flight was cheap with EasyJet (flew out on a Thursday back on a Monday). Car rental was pretty cheap as it was shared amongst 9, Food and Drink I found pretty affordable too.

Anyway, I found it excellent on the whole, with great tuition for beginners which, looking back now was essential, as I most definitely would have ended up in a full body cast had it not been for it.
                                                                                                    been there too, and cant for the life of me remember the place, or who with, or when! Looking at the map isnt ringing any bells either. But I know i've been there.. hmm.
                                                                                                    Tignes maybe? Went there a couple of years ago, somehow managed to snowboard the 20 minutes to Val Thorens and walked back. Dont know much about ski resorts but enjoyed it anyway, got a bus from Geneva as part of the package.

Obligatory Community clip

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8kKbbdJTFA&[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                                                                      So that youtube is four days old. Lmfao

SEATTLE — One self-styled Seattle caped crusader against crime has a broken nose after a weekend encounter with two men who didn’t appreciate his efforts. KOMO-TV says a man who calls himself…

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                        You ain't respected by anyone. according to lloyd anyway
                                                                                                        Never claimed I was.

Lloyd is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                          Add cheese,ham & mayo into a sambo & u'll be ok
                                                                                                          This means alot,thank you.

Comment

Ship the 30 freeze in voodoo
                                                                                                            http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                                                            http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

After getting fcuking rode in 3.40 mtt on stars. I rose with KK and some douche went all in with J4o. Cnut hits two pair.

I was on the fcuking bubble. What a retarded fcuking absolute pile of sh1t this fcuking game can be. Am up in a few hours but decided to play a tournament in my wisdom.

Cnuty, fcuking bollox, wankballs.

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Morrissey View Post
                                                                                                                Ship the 30 freeze in voodoo
                                                                                                                Screen name?

Comment

No i have not booked anywhere yet, someone mentioned Flaine was decent.
                                                                                                                  the ski-ing in flaine would actually be pretty good for a beginner but as someone already it is a very ugly looking resort kinda looks like a load on concrete flats built on a mountain

You should check out a place called morzine in france, i have only been there once but really enjoyed the place. Though as it is your first time you will have a ball no matter where you go

Comment

Screen name?
                                                                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

brag: Got a new job today, full time permanent contract
                                                                                                                      brag: Going ski-ing in chamonix in roughly 2 hours till i leave for the airport

beat: was due to go for a week but have to come home sunday as i have to start training for new job on monday

Comment

Screen name?
                                                                                                                        LiveDonk
                                                                                                                        http://carlmorrissey.blogspot.com/
                                                                                                                        http://twitter.com/#!/Moro88

Comment

For fuck sake!! Lads I'm sorry to say we have another liar on our hands! Can't trust anyone on here anymore!

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X