X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that is brilliant

Comment

Going to be a fun drive home from Ballycoolin, thankfully the mother lives in Carpenterstown so I'll just dump it there; cycle to Chapelizod and then straight to the pub.
      Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Thoughts CHD?

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
          Its true. I'd like to see it tbh but Yossi will do when he is back.

We are also going to try bring Phil Jones in, probably in the Summer.

If the right player comes up in Jan we also will spend 20M+ for first time in a while.

Spending will happen in the Summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy Logic View Post
            I cant wait to see the price tag but I hope he stays at the lane. Playing lovely stuff at the moment and is key to spurs when they run well.

Comment

Levy will quote 50m for him, Chelsea won't be buying and City will offer the 50.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                Best meal I ever had by a long stretch. Everything was amazing. There's an offer on citydeal for there today if anyone's interested.
                On citydeal the price is 42, I assume this is per person so I need to buy 2 if I want to bring someone?

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                  Levy will quote 50m for him, Chelsea won't be buying and City will offer the 50.
                  Depends on whats left on his contract and if he wants to go really.

Spurs won't be in the CL next year either and Redknapp will want money to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    Depends on whats left on his contract and if he wants to go really.

Spurs won't be in the CL next year either and Redknapp will want money to spend.
                    Yeah but if City get Champions league then they will just blow your bid out of the water.

Comment

Originally posted by Valor View Post
                      On citydeal the price is 42, I assume this is per person so I need to buy 2 if I want to bring someone?
                      Yup, I had the meal that's on offer and it's the best one I've ever had. I paid €79 for it with the wine pairing so €42 is excellent value.

Comment

I'm starting to come round to the snow. Was just out in it there, it's thick enough that there's no slippage and powdery and soft so it's easy and fun to walk around in, so long as public transport keeps running then snow ftw! At least until it becomes very annoying to walk around...
                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Yeah but if City get Champions league then they will just blow your bid out of the water.
                          We won't spend crazy money but we will compete with them this summer. Chequebook will be opened up again if price is right for anyone.

Comment

I miss Yossi. CHD I'll trade you Joe Cole for Yossi back!!

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                              Not a hope. Before he left I was the only one who said he was over rated waste of space.

Slightly harsh but he is nothing special. Glorified McGeady.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                Even with Yossi gone for most of the season i still regard that as a good bit of business on Chelseas's behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                  Even with Yossi gone for most of the season i still regard that as a good bit of business on Chelseas's behalf.
                                  Yup, don' give into 100k p/w demands.

5.5M for a better player.

Happy with that.

Comment

El BBV, is there such thing as an OAP-friendly laptop?

Need something with blacklit keyboard, big screen, battery irrelevant, and will probably have to do some "accesibility" stuff on it.

Family trying to get one for our Granny. She's definitely not tech savvy, so will need some help setting up and all that jazz. Budget around 400

EDIT- have already PM'ed Strewelpeter about what he uses
                                    Last edited by Emmet; 21-12-10, 15:18.

Comment

until I read the overglorified McGeady bit I wasn't sure which of the 2 your were on about. I think Yossi came with a serious over estimitation of value. I also think that Modric is worth much closer to the 50m mark than the 25m mentioned earlier. I still think that it is possible for Spurs to be in the champions league. A few points adrift right now alright but have had some injury problems. Buy some sort of a central defender who isn't injured by a soft breeze, Corluka back to fitness and keep defoe and Vander Vart going and I cant see them as a worse team than the disfunctional city.

Comment

Not a hope. Before he left I was the only one who said he was over rated waste of space.

Slightly harsh but he is nothing special. Glorified McGeady.
                                        You and God it seems http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle488001.html

Comment

do you think we could create a conspiracy theory here, propagate it across the web and watch it turn up in the ct forum on boards?

Comment

I think the confusion came when Harry heard that united were talking to an over paid diva who plays on the wing and presumed it was Beckham

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Need something with blacklit keyboard, big screen, battery irrelevant, and will probably have to do some "accesibility" stuff on it.

Family trying to get one for our Granny. She's definitely not tech savvy, so will need some help setting up and all that jazz. Budget around 400
                                              Get her an iPad (possibly slightly out of budget? I havent been keeping track).
                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Balotelli claims he doesnt know who Jack Wilshere is. Bit of a legend!

Mario Balotelli: "I don't know who Jack Wilshere is, but next time we play Arsenal, I'll show him the Golden Boy award that I beat him to".

Comment

not sure if this will be any use but my mum is incredibly short sighted so I presume she would have some of the user problems your Granny would, my Dad got her a Toshiba Quosmio (SP?) and basically just changed the resolution such that its massive and she can then see the icons properly, she seems to be able to use it fine,and she would have very little experience with computers (although she is middle aged and not quite "old" yet so she'd prob find it easier) The computer is not specifically for people who might have a problem though. Think it has a backlit keyboard and big screen etc, no idea about accessability stuff but i presume you can just download that

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                    until I read the overglorified McGeady bit I wasn't sure which of the 2 your were on about. I think Yossi came with a serious over estimitation of value. I also think that Modric is worth much closer to the 50m mark than the 25m mentioned earlier. I still think that it is possible for Spurs to be in the champions league. A few points adrift right now alright but have had some injury problems. Buy some sort of a central defender who isn't injured by a soft breeze, Corluka back to fitness and keep defoe and Vander Vart going and I cant see them as a worse team than the disfunctional city.
                                                    Modric is worth 30M imo, I can only see Chelsea and City paying that so he could well be safe and stay.
                                                    I reckon you lot offered a contract. Liverpool for 90k a week is better than Uniteds bench for 50k a week.

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                    do you think we could create a conspiracy theory here, propagate it across the web and watch it turn up in the ct forum on boards?
                                                    We have to at least try.

Comment

Originally posted by michelle SatNav View Post
                                                      Where DO you find them! lol
                                                      get your water sorted out?

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Going to be a fun drive home from Ballycoolin, thankfully the mother lives in Carpenterstown so I'll just dump it there; cycle to Chapelizod and then straight to the pub.
                                                        rasta is the snow in blanch bad ?

Comment

I've been involved in a few of these throughout the years.
                                                          Tunnels under clontarf
                                                          Italy wanting the return Caravaggio's The Taking of Christ.
                                                          Glenn Crowe 1st Million eircom leauge transfer
                                                          Irish language being mistaken for terrorist code
                                                          Monaghan Flag banned in New York Paddys daay parade as it looks like Iraq

All the above were printed in main newspapers and/or reported on radio

Oh I miss the old days of the internet
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            Tunnels under clontarf

We have to start something! Any ideas?

Comment

most have been taken down
                                                              but
                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

For anyone trying to get creative with the Keto diet

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rUEpmbdZLw[/ame]

Comment

Snow is seriously starting to get on my wick, Leopardstown Christmas festival very doubtful now, at least the Stephens' day card Fuck you white Christmas, more like shite Christmas, yeah went there!
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                    Snow is seriously starting to get on my wick, Leopardstown Christmas festival very doubtful now, at least the Stephens' day card Fuck you white Christmas, more like shite Christmas, yeah went there!
                                                                    What is Limerick's prospects have you heard? Last I heard was a few days ago when there was no anticipated probs. I can't imagine they will have to call it off but you never know.

Comment

was there this morning
                                                                      Highly doubtful...ground is surely frozen solid

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                        All he needs to do is view it, can you remember the name of this program? He has no internet in there, and from googling he needs to download a script to allow it to read/write NTFS.
                                                                        Hopefully you have it sorted by now but I'm on my way home from town and will have a look when I get in.
                                                                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Conspiracy theory? Lazres pic of the contrails should be enough to kick start an EC wide
                                                                          weather manipulation plan to weaken the resolve of it's people to future austerity measures about to be introduced in the coming years . Also note new brand of flu to be released on the public to keep the more sturdy people in check.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                            What is Limerick's prospects have you heard? Last I heard was a few days ago when there was no anticipated probs. I can't imagine they will have to call it off but you never know.
                                                                            Haven't heard!
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by afex View Post
                                                                              rasta is the snow in blanch bad ?
                                                                              Well I'm in the Ballycoolin Industrial estate and yeah it looks pretty deep outside. Although not the normal amount of traffic passing through so can't comment on what the roads are like.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                Conspiracy theory? Lazres pic of the contrails should be enough to kick start an EC wide
                                                                                weather manipulation plan to weaken the resolve of it's people to future austerity measures about to be introduced in the coming years . Also note new brand of flu to be released on the public to keep the more sturdy people in check.
                                                                                Suerly a new flu related story should be do to with knocking off the oap's who avoided the budget but this is how we will make the savings is a much more believable story for Jim Corr and his mates. I would also go fro some type of special coating on €50 notes that denatures cocaine as a way to reduce usage

Comment

Weather machines, fuel usage, EU, Bondholders heavily involved in oil markets
                                                                                  etc etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                    Suerly a new flu related story should be do to with knocking off the oap's who avoided the budget but this is how we will make the savings is a much more believable story for Jim Corr and his mates. I would also go fro some type of special coating on €50 notes that denatures cocaine as a way to reduce usage
                                                                                    i was gonna say there is rumoured to have found intelligent life in Kerry but i don't want to upset Carcea . Im new to this spreading lies thing so you'll have to bear with me.

ABUs could start one about Fergie and the Refs pension fund, at least the ABUs will dive on that.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      Tunnels under clontarf

Lol I heard this the other day, was it two farmers were then held by the secret service, or along those lines?

Comment

We have to start something! Any ideas?
                                                                                        weather machine imo.

or a fake wikileaks release. no one's actually going to go check if it's a real one are they?

Comment

Government controlled outbreak of dog herpes to cull canine population.
                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                            Set up neteller or moneybookers its instant with neteller anyways
                                                                                            having gambling site transactions on your laser or bank account when you cash a cheque may affect your chance of loans etc from a bank,
                                                                                            But there is a fee withdrawing off Moneybookers is there not?

also, I read from a poster either here or boards (who worked in a bank) about the gambling transactions on laser/credit card affecting chances of a loan to actually not be true

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post

also, I read from a poster either here or boards (who worked in a bank) about the gambling transactions on laser/credit card affecting chances of a loan to actually not be true
                                                                                              However you choose to withdraw it's going to hit your MGR with FTP.

Comment

Originally posted by bp_me View Post
                                                                                                However you choose to withdraw it's going to hit your MGR with FTP.
                                                                                                Normal game tomorrow night Brendan?
                                                                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

weather machine imo.

or a fake wikileaks release. no one's actually going to go check if it's a real one are they?
                                                                                                  Yeah plenty would check if it is real. Weather machine CT is out there already, we need to start something newish and maybe get it in a paper like Deadparrot showed.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                    Normal game tomorrow night Brendan?
                                                                                                    As far as I know normal game tomorrow night and next wednesday. No Friday or weekend games. I'm sure Wayne will be sending the texts out tomorrow.
                                                                                                    Last edited by bp_me; 21-12-10, 17:13.

Comment

Originally posted by DJKendo View Post

and the fee for my withdrawals is €1.80 or something similar

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                        and the fee for my withdrawals is €1.80 or something similar
                                                                                                        from moneybookers?

Comment

Happy 70th to Mr Zappa!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws5Xeu3BEQk&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bcBkwulvXs&feature=related[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdsRppc86uI[/ame]

Comment

This post about Samuel Eto'o from boards might be the worst thing I've ever read.

CHD put it best yesterday:

That Doc lad is a special kind of retard

Comment

Can anyone recomend a nice hotel around the Vicar st venue ?

Is Vicar st on Thomas street ? If it is thats just silly...
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                Can anyone recomend a nice hotel around the Vicar st venue ?

Is Vicar st on Thomas street ? If it is thats just silly...
                                                                                                                Jurys christchurch, just a wee walk, Vicars Street on the corner of Thomas Street.

who ya gonna see ?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                  This post about Samuel Eto'o from boards might be the worst thing I've ever read.

Reminds me of Boggles.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Have you read the Benitez to be sacked thread? It decended into a Liverpool vs United drooler thread so quick it's depressing with only about 5% of the posts any way knowledgable of his situation at Inter. It's a car crash of a site these days.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

It's a car crash of a site these days.
                                                                                                                      Rugby gone the way of the football forum. Victim of its own success

I just got a week long ban for telling a troll that he was a troll

Comment

EDIT- have already PM'ed Strewelpeter about what he uses
                                                                                                                        And I was going to be helpful and tell you that what you really want for her is an iPad or better still a good android tablet. But now you can just feck off
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

lol stolen from the weather thread, 32 seconds in.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X