X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tremolo1 View Post
    You live in milltown? Where abouts?
    In Mount Saint Annes - looking like a winter wonderland right now! Are you around here as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      Chelsea are Champions
      FYP

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
        I'd say O briens at the Parkway would be a good bet. where you living?
        I'm right in the city centre - across from Dunnes beside the Savoy.

I was gonna try that place up on Catherine Street I think it is, just a carry out afaik but it's fairly big.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
          This chick Emmet, turns out she likes Dexter and Californication

little NSFW

http://twitter.com/sandeewestgate
          A little?? FFS Danny! Content filtering picked something up here and work. So whoever she is, definitely 100% filthy.

Comment

Originally posted by niav View Post
            Can anyone recommend the best books to get for a racing fan? He would be mainly interested in national hunt and already has the Mick Fitzgerald autobiography. Thanks.
            Gentlemen of the Australian Turf by David Hickie is the best racing book I have read by a long way some great stories in it. I can only find second hand copies but a used copy of a great read would be infinitely better than being bored to death by the ghost written biographies of 30 something crooks who couldn't lie straight in bed.

Wow I just did a quick search and the cheapest used copy I can find is $50

God, I loved that book so much, its been years since I read it I must dust it down and give it another spin see if it still works.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

please keep the buses running....
              Really wore the wrong shoes today (€10 BBV specials)
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                Sigh, done heads up for the Boyles package in Galway, nearly made an epic comeback though.
                After a cancelled flight and failed attempts to get my car further than 20 yards from my house, nicnic came to the rescue, cheers Nic!

We left Waterford at half two and Nicky had me in the Eglington to greet my 6 big blinds at about ten to six, not wise arriving for a sit 'n' go 2 hours late.

After getting my 'stack' in a few times I managed to get headsup with only a slight chip deficit.
                After 20 minutes of back and forth, the blinds hit 2k/4k so gamble time was upon us.
                I shoved my 9,10 from the button and was called by K,10 for practically all the chips.
                A 9 in the window and I'm thinking it could really be my day after all the madness getting there, but alas a K on the river left me off to begin a pretty heavy session that went on until well into Sunday.

I was informed by Ciaran after that I was getting a consolation prize of a Western Open ticket, so at least I didn't bubble! Thanks C.

A crazy day and and night and am still suffering after my first foray into tequila madness for years.

Thanks to Ciaran, Lisa and Boyles for really looking after us, I'll be back to win it next year!

Off to catch up on the BBV over weekend now.
                I think your leaving out part of your TR there Danny.

Comment

fine wines on catherine st, might have it.
                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    FYP
                    for now. still a team on the decline, money not flowing so it's over. You'll be living on the memory of it.

learn this, only 3 chords

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a26zVxYRtZQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a26zVxYRtZQ[/ame]

Comment

rachel on countdown
                      FFS! I can't believe I'm working from home and was actually working so much that I missed the ultimate daytime TV treat

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                        I think your leaving out part of your TR there Danny.
                        I left an awful lot out for the sake of us all.
                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

I left an awful lot out for the sake of us all
                          Mmm I think theres a major part of it that other BBV peeps would find interesting.....

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                            Mmm I think theres a major part of it that other BBV peeps would find interesting.....
                            Nothing to see here, move along now....
                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

for now. still a team on the decline, money not flowing so it's over. You'll be living on the memory of it.

learn this, only 3 chords

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a26zVxYRtZQ
                              Hmmm, debt free, billionaire owner who is going nowhere.

Current Champions who hit a bad patch since we are missing the two best midfielders in the league and our number defender. Turns out Drogba, the leagues best striker, isn't able to play to the top of his ability with malaria and when he is getting over it. Unfortunately our kids (Last years youth cup winners) aren't able to just step in and thrash sides but I guess they will be doing that when we are in ''decline''.

Learn this...

''I remember when United...''

Comment

headed home early... wasn't going to get caught up in the traffic nightmare.....

Fuckin thunder and lightening... I really don't like lightening....

and yes, I am a big girls blouse.
                                Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  Danny, with an attitude like that the movie is just made for you.

I'm tempted to watch this soccer tonight to see what all the fuss is about but nothing gets in the way of University Challenge.
                                  got invited over to watch that match. is it worth trudging over for?

Comment

Pretty unfair Danny tbh.

I'll keep it to PM for anyone thats interested. Fair enough?

Comment

The BBV doesn't judge. post it all.
                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Current Champions who hit a bad patch since we are missing the two best midfielders in the league and our number defender. Turns out Drogba, the leagues best striker, isn't able to play to the top of his ability with malaria and when he is getting over it. Unfortunately our kids (Last years youth cup winners) aren't able to just step in and thrash sides but I guess they will be doing that when we are in ''decline''.

Learn this...

ah he won't be around long. Well deffo not this long.

1993 Manchester United
                                        1994 Manchester United
                                        1995 -Blackburn Rovers
                                        1996 Manchester United
                                        1997 Manchester United
                                        1998 Arsenal
                                        1999 Manchester United
                                        2000 Manchester United
                                        2001 Manchester United
                                        2002 Arsenal
                                        2003 Manchester United
                                        2004 -Arsenal
                                        2005 Chelsea
                                        2006 Chelsea
                                        2007 Manchester United
                                        2008 Manchester United
                                        2009 -Manchester United
                                        2010 -Chelsea
                                        2011 not Chelsea

Comment

Speaking of moving how did you get home on Sunday evening?

Comment

what time is the match on lads?

and shut up Dom,i looked and couldn't find out,ok...not every one is as tech savy as you ,and have their own web site and shit...no im not a big deal on the internet either.
                                            are you happy now ?

Comment

BTW, whoever was looking at the acer laptop, stay away from Celeron processors. They are simply shit on a wafer welded to the motherboard.

in the price range, this one look a bit better
                                              Comet is back to bring you savings on Washing Machines, TVs, Laptops, Air Fryers, Smart Heating and more. Finance options available. Shop our range today.

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post

and shut up Dom,i looked and couldn't find out,ok...not every one is as tech savy as you ,and have their own web site and shit...no im not a big deal on the internet either.
                                                are you happy now ?
                                                8pm GMT

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                BTW, whoever was looking at the acer laptop, stay away from Celeron processors. They are simply shit on a wafer welded to the motherboard.

in the price range, this one look a bit better
                                                http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy...-Laptop/676438
                                                Sad but true.

Last edited by coillcam; 29-11-10, 17:06.

Comment

this is a bannable offence, right?!
                                                  http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                  donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post

are you happy now ?
                                                    Bookmark this:

and this:

and you won't go far wrong

Comment

ah he won't be around long. Well deffo not this long.
                                                      Of course he will, If he does sell up it will be to some other super rich person.

Your list is perfect for stories about how good United used to be, probably start cracking them stories out in 5 years time

Comment

www.firstrow.net TBH

Comment

this is a bannable offence, right?!
                                                          damn skippy

(as an aside, I couldn't remember the film that is out of, so I google image searched the phrase, not at all what I was expecting )
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Learn this...

Chelsea are not debt free and Fabregas doesnt play for them either

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                              Basically are debt free. Holding companies and all that shite but Chelsea will always be ok.

lol Fabregas. Good player, overated.

Comment

Fabregas hasn't been anywhere near top 10 midfielders in the premiership based on his performances this season. When he's on his game, you'd be right, pity he's spent most of this season playing like he's been on the game.

Comment

Ban hammer at the ready if you don't spill by 7pm.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                    Or Glenn Whelan
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      Or Glenn Whelan
                                                                      I forgot him tbh, 2 of the best 3.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                        Isnt dinner in the CN tower pretty expensive?
                                                                        Ya, got it in a bar down the road. Dont think i would have eat anything on the menu anyway. I have a fear of heights anyway so i wasnt keen on staying up there very long i couldnt really enjoy it.
                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                          In Mount Saint Annes - looking like a winter wonderland right now! Are you around here as well?
                                                                          Yep down by the dropping well, guess i knw who to look for to bum a lift home from the fitz now

Comment

I forgot him tbh, 2 of the best 3.
                                                                            Unforgivable oversight CHD
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                              Ya, got it in a bar down the road. Dont think i would have eat anything on the menu anyway. I have a fear of heights anyway so i wasnt keen on staying up there very long i couldnt really enjoy it.
                                                                              revolving poutine, messy

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                Unforgivable oversight CHD
                                                                                he's reviewing the situation and I think he'd better think it out again.

Comment

So glad it is nearly 5:30 and just about done for the day. Is it freezing in the city centre at the moment. I really want to get on the way home before it gets too bad and avoid falling over. I havn't seen anyone yet but I am sure that it is only a short amount of time before I do.

Comment

Fabregas hasn't been anywhere near top 10 midfielders in the premiership based on his performances this season. When he's on his game, you'd be right, pity he's spent most of this season playing like he's been on the game.
                                                                                    Who are the ten better midfielders than him currently playing in the PL?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                      So glad it is nearly 5:30 and just about done for the day. Is it freezing in the city centre at the moment. I really want to get on the way home before it gets too bad and avoid falling over. I havn't seen anyone yet but I am sure that it is only a short amount of time before I do.
                                                                                      Did you slip last yeat? Is this you?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZvCK2o6Zbo&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDg7CiHAPqg[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan-Black View Post
                                                                                          was this intended for the bbv ? if so , yes, good, don't worry, stay alert, hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                                                                            http://www.comet.co.uk/p/Laptops/buy...-Laptop/681598
                                                                                            Seems a reasonable deal, good or not?
                                                                                            I would say not.

1) It's an acer and is probably going to be cheap, nasty, and highly breakable.
                                                                                            2) It has a celeron (this was always the budget line on intel cpus).
                                                                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                              Did you slip last yeat? Is this you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZvCK...layer_embedded
                                                                                              No i survived last year without falling so I imaine that I am due one this year. That is still one of my favourite clips. I still havn't met anyone who knows that guy but he must be seriously afraid

Comment

Finally.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBVAJselZ98&feature=aso[/ame]

Comment

jesus

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                    It would be funny if he became a big womaniser when he's older!
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                      Ruby brought out a book recently, and would seem an obvious choice.
                                                                                                      Thanks, that is the obvious choice. I was just wondering if there were others that I might not know about.

Gentlemen of the Australian Turf by David Hickie is the best racing book I have read by a long way some great stories in it. I can only find second hand copies but a used copy of a great read would be infinitely better than being bored to death by the ghost written biographies of 30 something crooks who couldn't lie straight in bed.

Wow I just did a quick search and the cheapest used copy I can find is $50

God, I loved that book so much, its been years since I read it I must dust it down and give it another spin see if it still works.
                                                                                                      Very interesting.

Comment

You should do that Solks

Wrong way too often

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

Hopefully he lost some prop bet in the school yard on Friday.

Comment

So many fail gifs so little time!
                                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

lolololol

Comment

Dunno if its been posted, but it should have been

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYO2GffqnmI[/ame]
                                                                                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Grats to Tommygunne. Well deserved.

Edit: Oh and I see Jude came 3rd in the Mil for $200k. He was overdue for a big score.
                                                                                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                    Also on the Swedes, they are awesome. Crazy but awesome, sadly they peak at about 20-22 and it's downhill from there.
                                                                                                                    More on the subject of the Swedish women. Spent a weekend in Stockholm a few years back. Very nice city and my god the women are unbelievable. Ive been around quite a few countries in my time but nowhere has been as plentiful with top of the range women as that place.

So we were in a bar and met some lad from Dublin. He was a very good looking lad(for an Irishman) and a bit of a shaper. Anyway we get chatting and ask him what he's doing here. He tells us lives here with his girlfriend the last year. So he launches in to this story about being on a night out in town in Dublin and he sees this girl in a bar. He said she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen, Said it was love at first sight for him and he just had to hook up with her. Turns out she was Swedish so he scores her and ends up staying in touch and things develop so he moves to Sweden to be with this beautiful girl. He then tells us that it was only when he moved to Sweden and looked around he realised she was in bits!!

I knew exactly what he meant and me and my friend still laugh about it to this day. Great example of Irish humour I reckon....

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                                                                                                      Grats to Tommygunne. Well deserved.

Edit: Oh and I see Jude came 3rd in the Mil for $200k. He was overdue for a big score.
                                                                                                                      You may add Dice and Howard Finkel to that list. Well done lads
                                                                                                                      You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                                                                                        You may add Dice and Howard Finkel to that list. Well done lads
                                                                                                                        I had a +1.5 buy ins* session this morning too, so great celebrations all round really

*don't mean to brag but that's not even including rakeback
                                                                                                                        "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dJmGdu5HqU&feature=related[/ame]
                                                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X