X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
    No 11-a-side alas
    Just rang the AUL complex, 01 8408935. They're free next Thursday and the all weather pitch is full sized and floodlit. The blokes name is Dick and he'll help you out. It's in Clonshaugh.
    Last edited by Bless You; 23-02-10, 18:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
      Just rang the AUL complex, 01 8408935. They're free next Thursday and the all weather pitch is full sized and floodlit. The blokes name is Dick and he'll help you out. It's in Clonseach (spelling?)
      Couldn't get through to them there but I'll ring back tomorrow. Cheers man that's excellent.
      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Just rang the AUL complex, 01 8408935. They're free next Thursday and the all weather pitch is full sized and floodlit. The blokes name is Dick and he'll help you out. It's in Clonshaugh.
        I just rang him there and he doesn't reckon it'll be available. FML this is a pain in the ass.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Wow Oxegen will be a complete knack-fest this year (even more so than usual)

Bomb it please mr Govt
          And just to prove my point I log onto Facebook and see this update

Neill Kelly - Oxygen announced Today and Neill gets a mail that he has 6 V.I.P BACKSTAGE passes for the whole weekend ---------------------------------------------------------------------OXEGEN LINEUP 2010 ANNOUNCED!! EMINEM, MUSE, JAY-Z, BLACK EYED PEAS, KASABIAN, THE PRODIGY, FLORENCE+THE MACHINE, PAOLO NUTINI, FAITHLESS, STEREOPH...ONICS, DAVID GUETTA, VAMPIRE WEEKEND, MUMFORD & SONS JOHN MAYER, HOT CHIP, CALVIN HARRIS

Comment

I just rang him there and he doesn't reckon it'll be available. FML this is a pain in the ass.
            I'm only ten mins off the phone to him! I told him a mate would be ringing him straight away with details. Don't understand that, sorry now.

Comment

I'm only ten mins off the phone to him! I told him a mate would be ringing him straight away with details. Don't understand that, sorry now.
              Prob keeping it for you!

Comment

And just to prove my point I log onto Facebook and see this update
                They've clearly decided to hawk in on the market that doesn't find Electric Picnic as appealing. I couldn't give a toss tbh, it has been a horrendous event for some time now.
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I never said you'd been talking to him but he said I had to ring a different guy in the morning.

Comment

is there a website or anything anywhere that gives a synopsis of all the other festivals in europe?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                      They've clearly decided to hawk in on the market that doesn't find Electric Picnic as appealing. I couldn't give a toss tbh, it has been a horrendous event for some time now.

Bomb it please mr Govt
                      careful now, or else we'll be needing some extra stickies...

Comment

The Frontline from last night.

Bill Cullen speaks very well, and passionately.

Comment

I never said you'd been talking to him but he said I had to ring a different guy in the morning.
                          Yep, Martin I think is the other blokes name. I can't get through at the minute, maybe Dick's away for the night. Will try again in case CHD is right, otherwise give them a shout in the morning. Good luck with it.

Comment

Originally posted by emmet02 View Post
                            http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1067125

ha, excellent. Stephen Kinsella lectured me in Economics in DCU about 6 years ago...
                            A good lecturer by all accounts

Comment

I have SKY+ HD in my house in Ballymun and it's the old layout with the blue banner at the bottom and the poxy music when using the menus. Gillian just upgraded to Sky+ HD in Letterkenny and it's the new EPG layout which looks a bit fancier and more practical.

Will my HD box be automatically updated?
                              Can i update it through the box itself?
                              Should i just leave it because the new layout is shit?

Comment

--------foster--------
                                nev---brown----vidic----evra
                                val-----scholes---gibson--ando
                                ---------Rooney----berba

I might take that 19/1 to for the Hammers to win
                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Bomb it please mr Govt
                                  Like the line up this year i have to say, havent been for a few years but im tempted this year.

Anyone got a stream for the Tipp/Kilkenny hurling match tonight??
                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                    --------foster--------
                                    ---------Rooney----berba

Draw no bet is 15/1!

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                      I have SKY+ HD in my house in Ballymun and it's the old layout with the blue banner at the bottom and the poxy music when using the menus. Gillian just upgraded to Sky+ HD in Letterkenny and it's the new EPG layout which looks a bit fancier and more practical.

Yes.
                                      No.
                                      New layout is good but its very buggy, from the time i press the button to the station changing can take about 7-8 seconds at times.
                                      None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Hurling game called off again tonight. Snow.

Comment

I went for the first time last year after being a dedicated EP fan for the previous 3 years and I liked it. It wasn't nearly as bad as people made out and the music quality isn't even comparable with EP IMO. Having said all that I only went last year because the line-up was almost tailor made for me and I'll be going to EP this year as the whole atmosphere there is why I like it, not so much the music.
                                          Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

My Sky+ box is quite old and doesn't even have Sky On-Demand, I've been onto them a few times about it trying to find a way to upgrade it (or to update the software myself0 etc. and it's apparently impossible they basically want you to upgrade your box and pay them for the pleasure. Really annoying. I'm sure I could do the auld I'm gonna leave or else but I just couldn't be arsed in the past. Although I'm probably gonna go for the new free HD box deal they have ATM.
                                          Last edited by Ste05; 23-02-10, 19:36.

Comment

I dont get all the homophobes out there. Just let them be imo

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                              Draw no bet is 15/1!

Opr
                                              Where?? That is savage value!!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard_Finkel View Post
                                                I dont get all the homophobes out there. Just let them be imo
                                                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y[/ame]

Comment

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1067125

Bill is probably the most ridiculous human being on the planet, but fair play to him he hits the nail on the head there.

Or you could look at it another way that that shower of over privileged whingers crying at how awful things are and what are the government going to do for me were so utterly pathetic that they managed to make even Bill look good.
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                    --------foster--------
                                                    ---------Rooney----berba

United to get a suspended fine ala Wolves?

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                      Like the line up this year i have to say, havent been for a few years but im tempted this year.
                                                      The prosecution rests

Comment

United to get a suspended fine ala Wolves?
                                                        Utd to win 5-0 imo

Comment

The prosecution rests
                                                          Jay-Z
                                                          Kasabian
                                                          Muse
                                                          Eminem
                                                          Empire Of The Sun
                                                          Florence And The Machine
                                                          Paolo Nutini
                                                          Stereophonics
                                                          2 bottles of vodka.

Whats not to like

Comment

Utd to win 5-0 imo
                                                            A very one sided game is quite likely imo, West Ham are horrendous away. The only team they have beaten away this season is Wolves and that was in the very first game of the season.
                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Comment

On the sky box thing, rang today, got them to concede to giving me the HD box for free, installing for free, and knocking 20% off my bill for 6 months, so effectively for the next 6 months, my cost hasnt changed. I'll then threaten to drop sky sports again in 6 months and try get deal extended.
                                                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Id definately be going for that Irish Open ticket on Cake if they had $20 double-up sngs which are fast. Id have it in 8 days but normal sngs take way too long.

They are charging 21,200 fpp's for a ticket worth 3,500euro

To get that many points at 7 fpp's per $1 in tournament fees you would only have to rake $3300. $3300 = 2439euro meaning they are doing themselves out of over 1k euro!!

Anyone who can afford to 12 table $50/$100 sngs should definately look at this as you could have it in less than a week.
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 23-02-10, 20:01.

Comment

@KevIrl's post

Fair play to your man for the eye contact

Comment

Whats not to like
                                                                      Jay-Z
                                                                      Kasabian
                                                                      Muse
                                                                      Eminem
                                                                      Empire Of The Sun
                                                                      Florence And The Machine
                                                                      Paolo Nutini
                                                                      Stereophonics
                                                                      2 bottles of vodka.

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                        Where?? That is savage value!!
                                                                        Betfair been moved into 13's since my post.

Opr

Comment

Anyone who doesnt like Eminem has the ghey obv, also 2 bottles of vodka

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                            Jay-Z
                                                                            Kasabian
                                                                            Muse
                                                                            Eminem
                                                                            Empire Of The Sun
                                                                            Florence And The Machine
                                                                            Paolo Nutini
                                                                            Stereophonics
                                                                            2 bottles of vodka.
                                                                            If you dont like any of them your taste in music sucks tbh

Comment

If you dont like any of them your taste in music sucks tbh
                                                                              Kasabian are decent. Jay Z ain't bad. Empire of the Sun are ok. The 1,000's of knackers off their heads at them make those gigs pretty shíte.

Comment

any1 got a link to the united match?

edit- just found 1

Comment

@KevIrl's post

Fair play to your man for the eye contact
                                                                                  there's a man in that photo ?

Comment

Kasabian are decent. Jay Z ain't bad. Empire of the Sun are ok. The 1,000's of knackers off their heads at them make those gigs pretty shíte.
                                                                                    I agree the atmosphere there isnt the best but fuck it if theres bands i want to see i wont let it put me off going.

Comment

Stuttgart all over Barca at the moment, could be 3 up
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                        there's a man in that photo ?
                                                                                        yup
                                                                                        see here
                                                                                        SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                                          On the sky box thing, rang today, got them to concede to giving me the HD box for free, installing for free, and knocking 20% off my bill for 6 months, so effectively for the next 6 months, my cost hasnt changed. I'll then threaten to drop sky sports again in 6 months and try get deal extended.
                                                                                          How did you do that? Did you upgrade from Sky+ ?

I managed to get 30% off my bill for 12 months with them, through a bit of haggling and threatening to close my account.

Comment

Lads, Eddie Durkin pm'd me with an apology.

For the record i've accepted his apology.

Life's too short and all that jazz,he's only a kid and I genuinely hope he's learnt something from his odd internet rampages, only time will tell I guess.

In the interests of our new home I don't want to be lumbering any unnecessary work on the lads who've obv gone to a great deal of effort setting this place up.
                                                                                            My next birthday is lingering, perhaps i'm going soft in my old age.
                                                                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                                                                              Lads, Eddie Durkin pm'd me with an apology.

For the record i've accepted his apology.

Life's too short and all that jazz,he's only a kid and I genuinely hope he's learnt something from his odd internet rampages, only time will tell I guess.

In the interests of our new home I don't want to be lumbering any unnecessary work on the lads who've obv gone to a great deal of effort setting this place up.
                                                                                              My next birthday is lingering, perhaps i'm going soft in my old age.
                                                                                              Looming. On the day it will be lingering!.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                                                                How did you do that? Did you upgrade from Sky+ ?

I managed to get 30% off my bill for 12 months with them, through a bit of haggling and threatening to close my account.
                                                                                                just on basic sky at the moment, added sports a month ago. told them I'd leave or conisder HD and Multiroom, they offered me the HD box plus install for free, I then rang the programme guys and asked to cut sky sports, they knocked my bill 20% off for 6 months. I rang back the cancellations dept and asked to go with the HD without multiroom. They still get a charge of €30 for installation, so she wired the €30 to my laser card.
                                                                                                so my bill stays around 60e a month, but I now have all the HD channels too, and finally get sky+.
                                                                                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                  Looming. On the day it will be lingering!.
                                                                                                  Damn, too late to edit i guess!
                                                                                                  We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Wayne Rooney's not bad at football...

Comment

Massive Overlay in the SE tonight

see here

Comment

Wayne Rooney's not bad at football...
                                                                                                        Yeah he is decent.

Dannydiamond since you are in a backing down mood today do you want to admit Drogba > Torres

Comment

Originally posted by zuroph View Post
                                                                                                          just on basic sky at the moment, added sports a month ago. told them I'd leave or conisder HD and Multiroom, they offered me the HD box plus install for free, I then rang the programme guys and asked to cut sky sports, they knocked my bill 20% off for 6 months. I rang back the cancellations dept and asked to go with the HD without multiroom. They still get a charge of €30 for installation, so she wired the €30 to my laser card.
                                                                                                          so my bill stays around 60e a month, but I now have all the HD channels too, and finally get sky+.
                                                                                                          Fuck me, I'm gonna give em a ring and tell em Virgin doa much better deal in my area.
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I wish this cold weather would just piss right off. Pain in the hole.

SPOILER
                                                                                                            Barca back in control now

Comment

Originally posted by Ste05 View Post
                                                                                                              this whole AC Transit thing is soooo mad...
                                                                                                              What's mad is that despite all the different video's posted, not one person has noticed or mentioned the hot chick in the purple tights and skirt! The video should be all about her imo

Originally posted by mickc View Post
                                                                                                              ref awards goal for a shot that hits the crossbar

it was the fifth in a 5-0 game which explains why the other team didn't protest more but stil a shocking decision. linesman had clear view of it as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8Co...eature=related
                                                                                                              That's just wrong, the team who, ahem..scored should have said it wasn't a goal rather than celebrating

I went for the first time two years ago and if you can get VIP tickets, it's actually quite good. We had our own seperate field away from eveyone else and drank in the VIP bars where we hung out for most of the time, only venturing out into the real world to catch the bands that we wanted to see, then back to the comfort of the VIP area. In saying that, no way I'd go without VIP

Massive Overlay in the SE tonight

see here
                                                                                                              Ouch! Hope they get a few late enties

Comment

Seriously, chrome ftw. Mozilla is so 2009.
                                                                                                                opera imo.
                                                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The VIP field wha!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                    opera imo.
                                                                                                                    Annoys me with the constant moving in the tabs of little numbers loading and shit.

Comment

Looks like there might be an overlay in the SE tonight, 6 runners showed up for a guaranteed IO ticket.
                                                                                                                      You can still ring up and reg if ya want

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao
                                                                                                                        What's mad is that despite all the different video's posted, not one person has noticed or mentioned the hot chick in the purple tights and skirt! The video should be all about her imo
                                                                                                                        The mad thing is the black dude is actually 50

Comment

Bomb it please mr Govt
                                                                                                                          Electric Picnic FTW (in ireland anyway)
                                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X