This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
    But you would agree that it's one of the poorest areas of the city, right? I just took an example off the top of my head. I was born and raised down the road in Whitehall ffs.
    not in my gaff it's not

I'm not really offended, just deeply deeply disappointed in you
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Some rents will plummet After this news, basically the lower tier style properties, with anyway savy owners, this will drag the rest down slowly.

The problem is that the bottom of the Market is woefull high!

Unfortunately just going to have to wait it out IMO, rent will have to fall, but it's nowhere near a speedy process
      What news will call rents to plummet?
      The bottom of the market is woefully high because of rent supplement, no?
      I see 3 beds where I live listed at 1300, 2 beds down to 1150 but 1 beds still being listed at 825. Does not make sense.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
        ugh. find out my business plan is already in advance stage of production by someone else. come home, letter confirming my 3 day week until further notice. turn on tv, see my money fall away by the second.

The country is fucked, no1 is going to spend anything every again. Business is dead. and i'm fucking stuck here. fuck you old people, you robbed from your own kids.
        Originally posted by Wreck View Post
        This happened me a couple of weeks ago too, was devastating.
        Zuroph is in Limerick and Wreck is in Dublin, right?

Swap business plans obv.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
          I agree it should be lowered and agree that it represents terrible value. But daft.ie reported a 10% increase in rents over the past quarter and a good ratio of inventory to demand.

I am currently renting / looking for somewhere better to rent and it is very expensive out there for anything decent, with little wiggle room downwards.
          East Wall. I'm renting a 2 bedroom house for 725, plenty of properties in the area for similar.
          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreck View Post
            This happened me a couple of weeks ago too, was devastating.
            im gobsmacked. just totally gutted, this happens to me the odd time, but this one was big, good, and was going to work. and what sickens me now is I'm going to see someone else make a success of it, constant reminder. I'm gutted.
            http://mobro.co/zuroph
            donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Originally posted by Lotto.ie View Post
              What news will call rents to plummet?
              The bottom of the market is woefully high because of rent supplement, no?
              I see 3 beds where I live listed at 1300, 2 beds down to 1150 but 1 beds still being listed at 825. Does not make sense.
              Absolutely no rent allowance for 1 bed apartments imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                nope, I'm trying to get the bottom of your original statement and you're failing to provide an answer. You also got your 10% contention rejected by several posters with no supporting posts.

so tell us; what does 'can't survive' mean?

to me that means 'not surviving', which means.....dying

clear this up for us like a good lad
                reminds me of the colour sergeant in the film zulu

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

nope, I'm trying to get the bottom of your original statement and you're failing to provide an answer. You also got your 10% contention rejected by several posters with no supporting posts.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw[/ame]

It means you can't live at at a reasonable standard. There are tons of areas of the UK with very high unemployment rates where people are living below the poverty line. The poverty line is defined by the UN, if you want to look up the definition I'm sure you can Google it. Is that good enough for "can't survive"?
                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                    Right need new music time and I know you lot are not afraid of posting up some gems (Girl talk Hurts etc)

So on my phone are

The Strokes
                    Queens of the stone age
                    Hurts
                    Pearl Jam
                    Justice
                    Girl Talk
                    Daft Punk
                    Some 90's rap (Dre, snoop, blackstreet)
                    The Pixes
                    Nirvana
                    Royksopp
                    CCR
                    Elbow
                    Hot Chip

Etc.

Kinda need something new and have faith in the mighty BBV. Not to mention we could do with a short break from all this doom and gloom talk.

So if you lot don't mind.
                    Get some ELO it is impossible to feel upset with the eletric light orchestra

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdiz0k0Rudw

It means you can't live at at a reasonable standard. There are tons of areas of the UK with very high unemployment rates where people are living below the poverty line. The poverty line is defined by the UN, if you want to look up the definition I'm sure you can Google it. Is that good enough for "can't survive"?
                      no but I'll accept your climbdown

I have bigger fish to fry
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                        Lols, I havent seen that show in years so its defo from somewhere else.
                        The song "Sleepyhead" from the album was offered from iTunes for free in 2009 and since has appeared in several ads, including Top Gear [15] advertisements in Australia, and most notably in spots for the Palm Pixi.[16] Also, the song appeared in a PSP Canada advertisement.[17] It was used in a season 3 episode of the Channel 4 teen-drama, Skins. The song was most recently used in the debut trailer for LittleBigPlanet 2.[18] This made the band more popular amongst fans of the game and soon an in game instrumental was made by players.

The song "Moth's Wings" was used in a season 3 episode of the CW teen-drama Gossip Girl, as well as the video game FIFA 10 and the closing credits of Episode 36 of HBO's Big Love. It is also featured in the upcoming film Life As We Know It, starring Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel. In addition to this, the track has also be used as a background theme for Sky Sports' coverage of the UEFA Champions League.

The PS22 chorus sang background vocals on the songs "The Reeling", "Little Secrets", "Let Your Love Grow Tall".

The song "Let Your Love Grow Tall" was used in a season 4 episode of the TV series "Ugly Betty"

"To Kingdom Come" was used in the Rhapsody commercial concerning its iPhone application.

Their music has been featured in loads of stuff - Pretty sure,you'd know them from Gossip Girl and Ugly Betty though

Comment

Lottie needs to stat a lotto syndicate and lead us to wealth.

Comment

Let's all forget our woes with some Scarlett.

nswf
                            SPOILER
                            Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 24-11-10, 15:06. Reason: yet again i did the nswf instead of nsfw :-/ nswf flows flows better than nsfw

Comment

I presume that was those talented gift grub guys doing a 4 year forcast skit earlier so when is the real announcment

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                East Wall. I'm renting a 2 bedroom house for 725, plenty of properties in the area for similar.
                                Chapalizod for €720 2 bed apt
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

It's a macabre balancing act. Rents will be forced to fall into line, however it is the time taken that is the main problem
                                  Have you been watching Raising Hope this morning ? lol
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

There is a 'push' effect being felt from all the high end empty properties, when added to the 'pull' effect of the lower tier/ Breadline properties it should have the effect of lowering rents across the board in Dublin.

The timeline for noticeable change is anyones guess IMO. Morgan Kelly might have a few bits to add in coming weeks

Comment

€7.65 X 37.5 = €286.875

Average rental rate of an individual property in the Dublin area? €1,000.

Cool.
                                      I agree it should be lowered and agree that it represents terrible value. But daft.ie reported a 10% increase in rents over the past quarter and a good ratio of inventory to demand.

I am currently renting / looking for somewhere better to rent and it is very expensive out there for anything decent, with little wiggle room downwards.
                                      Where are you renting Lloyd?? €1000 is more than my mortgage

Also, all my mates that are renting have all got two, if not three rent reductions off their landlords over the last 12-18 months.

Think you need to be forcefull in your negotiations with your landlord

Comment

Won't Landlords now have to factor the new water charges into their rent prices now?

Or am I showing my ignorance again?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                          Have you been watching Raising Hope this morning ? lol
                                          What's that?

I've been in the library since 11 studying utility based options pricing in incomplete markets.

By studying, I mean getting engrossed in all that is going on back there!

Comment

ah come on now, you know well what surviving means in 2010. You can't have it both ways We all agree the Sw cuts are unavoidable.
                                            Im paraphrasing of course.
                                            you are sending mixed messages.
                                            1) We're all fucked emigrate, take yer money and run, everyone else you and your kids will be broke forever

and then

2) What do you mean you can't survive , you won't die. sure the English dole boys survive on low dole

1) There will be zero growth, if you want a job emigrate, etc etc

and then

2) You have to cut the dole as much as possible and force those people who are better off on the scratcher than working to work.

so force the unemployed to emigrate is really what you are saying here after all there will be no jobs

So it's not quite the famine give up everything bar the essentials, food water, heat.
                                            and fk the unemployed, let them eat cheeze or fk off.

Why should the poor suffer so much. Middle class cough up I'm afraid.

Comment

I've been in the library since 11 studying utility based options pricing in incomplete markets.
                                              and people think I'm depressing

Comment

cut it to the same as the UK imo
                                                Are you fucking mental? The UK's dole is shamefully low and impossible for anyone to survive on. That's why all the pro scroungers have moved to disability where they can feed themselves. Cut it so that it's 10% below the takehome pay of a minimum wage worker, that way people will always be better off in work.
                                                funny, there doesn't seem to be any reports of mass starvation in the UK at the moment . Relax on the hyperbole.

and 10% extra cash is feck all compensation when calculating whether to work or not. I'd rather not go through the hassle myself.
                                                50% is a good differential.

You seem to miss this bit

That's why all the pro scroungers have moved to disability where they can feed themselves. Cut it so that it's 10% below the takehome pay of a minimum wage worker, that way people will always be better off in work.
                                                The main problem with the UK system stems from the Dole being so low (2nd lowest in europe?)
                                                As Andy said, all the scroungers are on Disability/getting preggers to get house/kids allowances
                                                people living in London on $50K+ a year housing benefit (never mind all other add-ons)
                                                Its a spiral, you would never shift people out of it

& yes he is right, honest unemployed people in England are well fucked, hence the reason they end up pulling benefits strokes

So yes cut the dole but not to UK levels or you will be throwing money in that hole for the next 50 years

Comment

I love all the comments about cutting the SW by more to make people get up and go to work .
                                                  What Fukkin Work, Theres no work to go to

Comment

God living in Ballymun is depressing. And getting more and more depressing by the day.

Good choice with the music. Keep em coming.

Comment

What's that?

American TV show, macabre was used a lot in it.

Quiet good actually, same people who made My Name Is Earl.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

on a bright note, Ashes starts tonight

I'm on England for the outright win and Bell to be top series scorer
                                                        RDIII,

Quick one for you.........

Weve had a few people asking what the future holds for all the guys with mortgages and families and that and its all doom and gloom unfortunatley.

Im sure there is alot in a similar situation to me and I was hoping that you might say what all this mess means for me and have you any advice on what I should do with my future.

Im living at home with no debts bar a 2k bank loan.

I have a secure (well as secure as you can be I suppose) job in a big multinational earning 39k. There is decent prospects for promotion in here and I love the people and work Im doing here and don't want to leave.

I have fuck all savings and my liferoll management is lolbad.

What sort of big negative effects can come my way in the next while considering that a few quid a week extra in tax isnt really catastrophic!

Comment

God living in Ballymun is depressing. And getting more and more depressing by the day.

Good choice with the music. Keep em coming.
                                                          No better time to be listening to Irish blues IMO.

Rory gallagher's back catalogue would be a good start

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                            Why should the poor suffer so much. Middle class cough up I'm afraid.
                                                            you must have missed today's announcement?

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                              I love all the comments about cutting the SW by more to make people get up and go to work .
                                                              What Fukkin Work, Theres no work to go to
                                                              Thats what the tories are getting hammered for at moment in England, nobody seems to be arguing with there logic of their changing of the disability/housing benefits etc, just that there are no jobs over there

The bit where the presenter was making a case to the union lad that cutting the
                                                              minimum wage will get people off the dole was a bit weird i must say

information overload in his ear piece id say (I hope)
                                                              Last edited by Guest; 24-11-10, 15:20.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                RDIII,

Weve had a few people asking what the future holds for all the guys with mortgages and families and that and its all doom and gloom unfortunatley.

Im sure there is alot in a similar situation to me and I was hoping that you might say what all this mess means for me and have you any advice on what I should do with my future.

Im living at home with no debts bar a 2k bank loan.

I have a secure (well as secure as you can be I suppose) job in a big multinational earning 39k. There is decent prospects for promotion in here and I love the people and work Im doing here and don't want to leave.

What sort of big negative effects can come my way in the next while considering that a few quid a week extra in tax isnt really catastrophic!
                                                                yore ma might kick you out

your situation sounds about as ideal as possible tbh, good work sir!

having a plan for the future might be an idea too but you don't really need one of them until you meet a poker-playing Scarlett Johannsen lookalike

Comment

Originally posted by Bless You View Post
                                                                  Won't Landlords now have to factor the new water charges into their rent prices now?

Or am I showing my ignorance again?
                                                                  Like all bills there is a name on the top not just an address.
                                                                  Th person renting will pick up the bill.
                                                                  twitter
                                                                  moneybookers

Comment

you must have missed today's announcement?

I did miss it, im in work (lucky me) sure we'll survive. by survive I mean SKy TV and 2 cars wiine etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                      im gobsmacked. just totally gutted, this happens to me the odd time, but this one was big, good, and was going to work. and what sickens me now is I'm going to see someone else make a success of it, constant reminder. I'm gutted.
                                                                      What's to stop you going ahead with it anyway? If you both launched the exact same business would the competition means you both fail or that the stronger of you survive while the other fails?
                                                                      Do you think you can do the job better then the other person?

IMO you are taking a defeatist attitude, if you think you can provide whatever service yer man is going to be doing, as good if not better then him, then their is no reason why you shouldn't plow on regardless.
                                                                      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                        I did miss it, im in work (lucky me) sure we'll survive. by survive I mean SKy TV and 2 cars wiine etc.
                                                                        I've only got one of them

Comment

Eoghan, you are catching the wave. No chains and good prospects, even in a downturn!

Higher taxes will hit you, yes, and there might be the odd pothole not fixed (road not even finished). Health service and education will fall foul of cuts, get good health insurance and buy all te contraception you can.

Comment

looks like theres a lot going on in Irish politics.

Cliff notes

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                              RDIII,

Brag:

I have a secure (well as secure as you can be I suppose) job in a big multinational earning 39k. There is decent prospects for promotion in here and I love the people and work Im doing here and don't want to leave. with no debts bar a 2k bank loan.

Beat:

Variance:
                                                                              Im living at home

Comment

Right need new music time and I know you lot are not afraid of posting up some gems (Girl talk Hurts etc)

So on my phone are

The Strokes
                                                                                Queens of the stone age
                                                                                Hurts
                                                                                Pearl Jam
                                                                                Justice
                                                                                Girl Talk
                                                                                Daft Punk
                                                                                Some 90's rap (Dre, snoop, blackstreet)
                                                                                The Pixes
                                                                                Nirvana
                                                                                Royksopp
                                                                                CCR
                                                                                Elbow
                                                                                Hot Chip

Etc.

Kinda need something new and have faith in the mighty BBV. Not to mention we could do with a short break from all this doom and gloom talk.

So if you lot don't mind.
                                                                                Anything by The Hold Steady imo. Not everyones cup of tea though.
                                                                                Playing the ambassador in Feb-cant wait.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOFeaedv3Uc&feature=fvsr[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isvn_Dsj2bA[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post

Cliff notes

We is busto.
                                                                                  twitter
                                                                                  moneybookers

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                      What's to stop you going ahead with it anyway? If you both launched the exact same business would the competition means you both fail or that the stronger of you survive while the other fails?
                                                                                      Do you think you can do the job better then the other person?

IMO you are taking a defeatist attitude, if you think you can provide whatever service yer man is going to be doing, as good if not better then him, then their is no reason why you shouldn't plow on regardless.
                                                                                      first to the market with this takes the prize, as clients arent going to pay someone else for the same service that they've already lined up. Im thinking about it, seeing if I could monetise it differently, but might be a lost cause. Might sit back, see how they all implement it, then spot their flaws and swoop then.
                                                                                      http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                      donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Cliff notes
                                                                                        Shameless repost from a few days ago
                                                                                        [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc1G7aCpSsI[/ame]

Comment

I just poured superglue into a non-stick pan.

Interesting few minutes ahead

Comment

V for Vendetta, pension tax relief to go to 20% over 4 years and cap to be lowered

nice knowing you
                                                                                            Game over. I guess it was good while it lasted.
                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                              Thats what the tories are getting hammered for at moment in England, nobody seems to be arguing with there logic of their changing of the disability/housing benefits etc, just that there are no jobs over there

The bit where the presenter was making a case to the union lad that cutting the
                                                                                              minimum wage will get people off the dole was a bit weird i must say

information overload in his ear piece id say (I hope)
                                                                                              Oversimplifying
                                                                                              Wages are biggest cost to a company
                                                                                              Lower minimum wage means
                                                                                              Lower overall wage bill
                                                                                              Means lower overall cost/ higher profit
                                                                                              Means less companies out of business / increase chances for startup companies
                                                                                              Means more jobs!
                                                                                              (this is way too simple a way of lookin at it though)

Comment

Great so I take it that it will cost 1bil or so to put in water meters instead of just hammering on a council tax like is present in the UK that covers it. Fair enough people who use a shit load of water will get one over on those who dont but I would rather this then foot the bill for installing meters all round the country and so negating any value in collecting the money. A laughable small property tax and did I actually see that it is a 10% cut for new PS emp. and the overpaid encumbants get off scot free.
                                                                                                I also take it that all those "cant reduce the dole so make the middle classes pay" have forgotten that our tax will go up to cover it and I think 40-50 is definitley fair.I know lads on the dole who have plenty of cash for boozing so no incentive to work if they can have a social life anyway. Nice to see private pension relief going, definitley securing our future on this one lads so bravo but with the current drop in the cost of living lets not touch the current pension.
                                                                                                Great to see that the boys had the Abacus out when doing the growth figures. I am sure they have a great reason for selecting those positive looking numbers and I would love to see the info that they are basing them on since I cant see any evidence off that plan.
                                                                                                So how long ddo you think it will take for the other EU Heads to stop laughing and get very angry at us. "Great job, stuck it to those private sector clowns again and take that students"

Stupid thing I have ever heard, not sure if there is space for more nails in the countries coffin but I am sure we will try.
                                                                                                Rant over

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                                    man, wish could be following the debate on here today, but crazy up-to-the-eyeballs stuff in work. Just had a chance to look at the list of proposed cuts - general approval from my perspective overall. Was scared they were going to go for the easy route of a tax on success / tax on work. But they seem to have balanced it quite well despite everyone losing out to some extent.

The OAP's unsurprisingly held onto all their blue rinse monies.

btw was on that €200 a week unemployment thing for about two months back in 2006 and it was a fck load of money. Almost felt embarassed how much i was getting really. Don't know how people are complaining about it being cut.

You have to laugh at the ones on boards.ie going 'I can't pay my mortgage on €200 a week'. As if social welfare was meant to entitle you to accumulate capital assets! Also, the ones going 'how will I feed my kids if this is cut?'; despite the fact that if both parents are unemployed and have kids they get €200*2 per week, plus rent allowance, plus child welfare, plus free healthcare. I mean, wtf, are these people spending their money on?
                                                                                                    No they don't.

Comment

Some rents will plummet After this news, basically the lower tier style properties, with anyway savy owners, this will drag the rest down slowly.

The problem is that the bottom of the Market is woefull high!

Unfortunately just going to have to wait it out IMO, rent will have to fall, but it's nowhere near a speedy process
                                                                                                      You'll pay for €500 for a bedsit on Leinster Road. No joke.
                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                        I just poured superglue into a non-stick pan.

Interesting few minutes ahead
                                                                                                        Quickdry? Have to go out soon.

Comment

man, wish could be following the debate on here today, but crazy up-to-the-eyeballs stuff in work.
                                                                                                          Packed lecture hall again?

Comment

btw was on that €200 a week unemployment thing for about two months back in 2006 and it was a fck load of money. Almost felt embarassed how much i was getting really. Don't know how people are complaining about it being cut.

You have to laugh at the ones on boards.ie going 'I can't pay my mortgage on €200 a week'. As if social welfare was meant to entitle you to accumulate capital assets! Also, the ones going 'how will I feed my kids if this is cut?'; despite the fact that if both parents are unemployed and have kids they get €200*2 per week, plus rent allowance, plus child welfare, plus free healthcare. I mean, wtf, are these people spending their money on?
                                                                                                            Cheese is my best guess, but don't worry, we've got that sorted moving forward.
                                                                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Cliff notes
                                                                                                              We shipped the Main Event years ago
                                                                                                              We have gone busto
                                                                                                              IMF is staking us to get us back on our feet
                                                                                                              We are playing way above our roll
                                                                                                              Will be busto for years as we are degens

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                This seems to basically be sticking it to the young people.

Rent tax credits gone, min wage gone, no hit to the OAP pension etc.

Fucking mongs imo.
                                                                                                                Can't believe I left out the re-introduction of student fees.

Fucking hell.

Comment

You'll pay for €500 for a bedsit on Leinster Road. No joke.
                                                                                                                  I sure as shit won't, but I know all about it. I'm from harolds cross.

There's a block of bedsits at top of Leinster road that have been marketed as studio apartments for years.
                                                                                                                  €700 a month incl bills....

Comment

...

Comment

doing a bit more reading of the Plan

they want to ruin your pension too:

Irish pension funds have significant assets under management but hold relatively little Irish debt. Proposals have been made to the Government by bodies representing the pensions industry to make certain changes in the legal framework which would encourage pension funds to invest in Irish Government bonds. This will benefit both current and future pensioners as a result of the improvement in the position of their pension funds.
                                                                                                                      and the NPRF:

In the stressed conditions which have obtained in the bond markets in recent times, it has been frequently suggested that the State use the resources of the National Pensions Reserve Fund to support the Irish Government bond market..
                                                                                                                      fucking maniacs

we are going to default and all these bullshit measures do is move some more of the loss onto Irish citizens

Comment

+1 to this.

I was on it for a few months last year while living at home, I had an unbelievably good lifestyle.

Comment

Time to invest in depression medication. Will be a growing market imo.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X