This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keane View Post
    Meh - 81, a few embarrassing misses tbf...
    Im the same myself, stuff I should have seen but havent bothered getting around to it but yet I can watch Snakes on a Plane over and over again

Going by what you have there Passion Pit all the way.

Their debut album is fucking incredible.
    Never heard of them before and just stuck them into YouTube listening to sleepyhead sounds good will check out more of their stuff.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

carbon tax to double, petrol will cost more
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

BREAKING NEWS:Sir Bob Geldof has just confirmed that a fundraising concert for Ireland will be held in Ethiopia this Christmas!

Comment

dole to be cut

child benefit universality looks dodgy reading between the lines

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
            Im the same myself, stuff I should have seen but havent bothered getting around to it but yet I can watch Snakes on a Plane over and over again

Never heard of them before and just stuck them into YouTube listening to sleepyhead sounds good will check out more of their stuff.
            I genuinely think Sleepyhead is one of the best songs I've ever heard.

Listen to them with good headphones and a lot of bass if possible.

Comment

Interesting to see how much the dole/job seekers allowance is cut by. You'd hope it would be at least 12% given the minimum wage cut.
              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                Interesting to see how much the dole/job seekers allowance is cut by. You'd hope it would be at least 12% given the minimum wage cut.
                cut it to the same as the UK imo

Comment

Did those 29 miners in NZ die? I read on a mates fb page who has a connection with one of the families that they are.
                  NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                    Did those 29 miners in NZ die? I read on a mates fb page who has a connection with one of the families that they are.
                    Second blast last night, so all presumed dead. Now they are talking about possibly never being able to recover the bodies....

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      main points:
                      1. €100 interim property tax (until they get proper site tax up)
                      2. water metering to be brought in
                      3. asset sales (i.e. ESB, Bord Gais, Coillte, AL stake etc)
                      4. reduction in PS pay
                      5. reduction in PS pensions
                      6. VAT to go up to 22% in 2013, 23% in 2014
                      7. tax relief on private sector pensions to be reduced
                      8. income tax increases raising €2bn
                      9. SW cuts of €3bn
                      10. minimum wage to be cut to 7.65
                      11. 12.5% Corporation Tax rate to be maintained

predicated on average growth of 2.75% which is fantasy so you can probably increase all the above

Comment

LOL "future generations enjoy the standard of living that we enjoyed"

Was the problem not that we were too busy "enjoying a standard of living" that we never should have been having in the first place!?!

Comment

this is a crock of shite

growth forecasts are hopelessly optimistic and they're doing their best not to hit OAPs, playing electoral politics with the future. Fuckers.

Now, key question is will FG and LAB stand over this? Dead men walking on stage there so who gives a crap what they say really.

bond yields going through 9% again btw, the markets don't believe this either

Comment

Originally posted by Four of a Kind View Post
                            looks like it, there was a second explosion.

Comment

student fees back, disguised as something else

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                could and probably should have been worse

Comment

cut it to the same as the UK imo
                                  Are you fucking mental? The UK's dole is shamefully low and impossible for anyone to survive on. That's why all the pro scroungers have moved to disability where they can feed themselves. Cut it so that it's 10% below the takehome pay of a minimum wage worker, that way people will always be better off in work.
                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Second blast last night, so all presumed dead. Now they are talking about possibly never being able to recover the bodies....
                                    Terrible for the families involved.
                                    NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

rent relief gone in this coming budget

at least you can just negotiate the rent down to compensate
                                      shit.
                                      I put that off too long it seems
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Leni having a cut at Gilmore for being silly about the 6bn

that really is the pot calling the kettle....

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFB View Post
                                          Are you fucking mental? The UK's dole is shamefully low and impossible for anyone to survive on. That's why all the pro scroungers have moved to disability where they can feed themselves. Cut it so that it's 10% below the takehome pay of a minimum wage worker, that way people will always be better off in work.
                                          funny, there doesn't seem to be any reports of mass starvation in the UK at the moment . Relax on the hyperbole.

and 10% extra cash is feck all compensation when calculating whether to work or not. I'd rather not go through the hassle myself.
                                          50% is a good differential.

Comment

Leni having a cut at Gilmore for being silly about the 6bn

that really is the pot calling the kettle....
                                            He's right though.

Dole will hit 182 imo, should be 150 if they have any balls

Comment

main points:
                                              1. €100 interim property tax (until they get proper site tax up)
                                              2. water metering to be brought in
                                              3. asset sales (i.e. ESB, Bord Gais, Coillte, AL stake etc)
                                              4. reduction in PS pay
                                              5. reduction in PS pensions
                                              6. VAT to go up to 22% in 2013, 23% in 2014
                                              7. tax relief on private sector pensions to be reduced
                                              8. income tax increases raising €2bn
                                              9. SW cuts of €3bn
                                              10. minimum wage to be cut to 7.65
                                              11. 12.5% Corporation Tax rate to be maintained

predicated on average growth of 2.75% which is fantasy so you can probably increase all the above
                                              Are they the cliffs from this link?

Comment

This seems to basically be sticking it to the young people.

Rent tax credits gone, min wage gone, no hit to the OAP pension etc.

Fucking mongs imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ciaran_Corbett View Post
                                                  Are they the cliffs from this link?
                                                  I got it off Reuters but yeah, that's it

Comment

could and probably should have been worse
                                                    Using a scissors to trim a tree instead of getting the saw out alright. Cuts need to be more drastic, over shorter terms IMO. Minimum wage cut not enough either
                                                    10%!?
                                                    Average dude will take 150 a week to watch countdown and practise sleeping overt 165 a week to get abuse from customers in an entry level retail job.

10% is nowhere near wide enough to prompt eagerness to return to work

Comment

^^^

El Stuntman watching the 4 year plan being read out

Comment

funny, there doesn't seem to be any reports of mass starvation in the UK at the moment . Relax on the hyperbole.

and 10% extra cash is feck all compensation when calculating whether to work or not. I'd rather not go through the hassle myself.
                                                        50% is a good differential.
                                                        agree with this, has to be 50-60% lower to encourage people to get up and go to work. Especially true with min wage dropping to €7.65.

Jesus I remember being delighted when I got a part-time job at 16 on IR£1.50 an hour, and more relevantly jumping at my first office job on the princely sum of IR£12k a year and thinking how great that was.

Dole at the time was IR£70 a week so there was a big gap
                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

€7.65 X 37.5 = €286.875

Average rental rate of an individual property in the Dublin area? €1,000.

Cool.
                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                            10%!?
                                                            Average dude will take 150 a week to watch countdown and practise sleeping overt 165 a week to get abuse from customers in an entry level retail job.

+100000

I'd be at home in bed without a doubt if that was the difference - you'd spend twice it getting to work and back ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post

^^^

El Stuntman watching the 4 year plan being read out
                                                              more like this, imo

Comment

Democracy does not work!

SPOILER
                                                                Communism does not work

SPOILER
                                                                Autocracy does not work

SPOILER
                                                                Theocracy does not work

SPOILER
                                                                We need a new cracy

Comment

Passion Pit are very impressive cheers for the heads up, I do recognise 1 song Moths Wings but not sure were from thou?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                    Passion Pit are very impressive cheers for the heads up, I do recognise 1 song Moths Wings but not sure were from thou?
                                                                    They're constantly on Home & Away from what my degen friends tell me...

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                      €7.65 X 37.5 = €286.875

Cool.
                                                                      It's a macabre balancing act. Rents will be forced to fall into line, however it is the time taken that is the main problem

Comment

€7.65 X 37.5 = €286.875

Cool.
                                                                        give it time grasshopper

this will halve, at least

edit; curse you emmet, you fast-typing sonuvabeeeeetch

Comment

just so people understand minimum wage has nothing to do with cutting Govt spending/bank bailout.

In fact reducing it is a deterrent for people coming off the dole.
                                                                          You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

€7.65 X 37.5 = €286.875

Cool.
                                                                            they need to take a chainsaw to rent allowance, otherwise that'll always be a major problem

Comment

This seems to basically be sticking it to the young people.

Rent tax credits gone, min wage gone, no hit to the OAP pension etc.

Fucking mongs imo.
                                                                              Heard that tool Ronan Lyons talking sh1te about the rental market on newstalk on monday morning. Tilting.
                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

ugh. find out my business plan is already in advance stage of production by someone else. come home, letter confirming my 3 day week until further notice. turn on tv, see my money fall away by the second.

The country is fucked, no1 is going to spend anything every again. Business is dead. and i'm fucking stuck here. fuck you old people, you robbed from your own kids.
                                                                                http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

They're constantly on Home & Away from what my degen friends tell me...
                                                                                  Lols, I havent seen that show in years so its defo from somewhere else.

Comment

Can these cunts keep it to english?
                                                                                    English only at the table.
                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Using a scissors to trim a tree instead of getting the saw out alright. Cuts need to be more drastic, over shorter terms IMO. Minimum wage cut not enough either

10%!?

Fair enough, 25% would be ok. It still has to be liveable, remember? Dublin is still a fucking expensive place to live despite all the deflation.

You've clearly never been to Rotherham. The east side of that town makes Finglas look like paradise. And I can't believe you of all people has just told me to relax on the hyperbole...
                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Democracy does not work!

SPOILER
                                                                                        Communism does not work

SPOILER
                                                                                        Autocracy does not work

SPOILER
                                                                                        Theocracy does not work

SPOILER
                                                                                        We need a new cracy
                                                                                        Technocracy!!!!

I'm a big fan, though I don't know of a single case where it worked

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                          they need to take a chainsaw to rent allowance, otherwise that'll always be a major problem
                                                                                          landlords vote FF, can't find anything about this in the Plan

how fucking suprising

Comment

You've clearly never been to Rotherham. The east side of that town makes Finglas look like paradise. And I can't believe you of all people has just told me to relax on the hyperbole...
                                                                                            Fuck you mate, nothing wrong with Finglas.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                              Right need new music time and I know you lot are not afraid of posting up some gems (Girl talk Hurts etc)

So on my phone are

The Strokes
                                                                                              Queens of the stone age
                                                                                              Hurts
                                                                                              Pearl Jam
                                                                                              Justice
                                                                                              Girl Talk
                                                                                              Daft Punk
                                                                                              Some 90's rap (Dre, snoop, blackstreet)
                                                                                              The Pixes
                                                                                              Nirvana
                                                                                              Royksopp
                                                                                              CCR
                                                                                              Elbow
                                                                                              Hot Chip

Etc.

Kinda need something new and have faith in the mighty BBV. Not to mention we could do with a short break from all this doom and gloom talk.

So if you lot don't mind.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PorW3y5n1w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PorW3y5n1w[/ame]
                                                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

you said people 'can't survive' on the UK dole

so are they dying in large numbers or not? Or are you just talking shite again like you did about default??

Comment

unless you go parking up by the Clearwater late at night....

Comment

It's a macabre balancing act. Rents will be forced to fall into line, however it is the time taken that is the main problem
                                                                                                    give it time grasshopper

this will halve, at least

edit; curse you emmet, you fast-typing sonuvabeeeeetch
                                                                                                    I agree it should be lowered and agree that it represents terrible value. But daft.ie reported a 10% increase in rents over the past quarter and a good ratio of inventory to demand.

I am currently renting / looking for somewhere better to rent and it is very expensive out there for anything decent, with little wiggle room downwards.
                                                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Technocracy!!!!

I'm a big fan, though I don't know of a single case where it worked
                                                                                                      I know of one

The campaign posters would be awesome

Last edited by DeadParrot; 24-11-10, 14:47.
                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I am currently renting / looking for somewhere better to rent and it is very expensive out there for anything decent, with little wiggle room downwards.
                                                                                                        get yourself a rich burd imo

Comment

You have to hand it to Fianna Fail. They know no young person will vote for them anyway so by not cutting OAP's there keeping there 20% vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                            ugh. find out my business plan is already in advance stage of production by someone else.
                                                                                                            This happened me a couple of weeks ago too, was devastating.
                                                                                                            "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

But you would agree that it's one of the poorest areas of the city, right? I just took an example off the top of my head. I was born and raised down the road in Whitehall ffs.
                                                                                                              you said people 'can't survive' on the UK dole

so are they dying in large numbers or not? Or are you just talking shite again like you did about default??
                                                                                                              Now you're just trolling.

Comment

This is so obvious it's painful.

I know someone who was given rent allowance to move into a one person apartment in Tralee for literally 10x what it was possible to rent a room for in the town.

The person "didn't want to live with other people" and "liked their own space".

Fucking hell like!

Comment

I agree it should be lowered and agree that it represents terrible value. But daft.ie reported a 10% increase in rents over the past quarter and a good ratio of inventory to demand.

Some rents will plummet After this news, basically the lower tier style properties, with anyway savy owners, this will drag the rest down slowly.

The problem is that the bottom of the Market is woefull high!

Unfortunately just going to have to wait it out IMO, rent will have to fall, but it's nowhere near a speedy process

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                                    Right need new music time and I know you lot are not afraid of posting up some gems (Girl talk Hurts etc)

So on my phone are

The Strokes
                                                                                                                    Queens of the stone age
                                                                                                                    Hurts
                                                                                                                    Pearl Jam
                                                                                                                    Justice
                                                                                                                    Girl Talk
                                                                                                                    Daft Punk
                                                                                                                    Some 90's rap (Dre, snoop, blackstreet)
                                                                                                                    The Pixes
                                                                                                                    Nirvana
                                                                                                                    Royksopp
                                                                                                                    CCR
                                                                                                                    Elbow
                                                                                                                    Hot Chip

Etc.

Kinda need something new and have faith in the mighty BBV. Not to mention we could do with a short break from all this doom and gloom talk.

So if you lot don't mind.
                                                                                                                    Try some of the below bands / albums, some are old, some are new - have also stuck in a song from each album, give you a feel for it. If you like any of the below, you can easily find their other albums.

Interpol - Antics

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_OcR0fbf6g[/ame]

The National - High Violet

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IprgVNlFIqM[/ame]

The XX -XX

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PElhV8z7I60[/ame]

The Temper Trap - Conditions

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-ENipUB8NI[/ame]

Bombay Bicycle Club - Flaws

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6D3aexEZIs[/ame]

White Lies - To Lose My Life

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYUqpJiof8A[/ame]

Kele - The Boxer

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVAd3NS22zU[/ame]

Vampire Weekend - Contra

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKLlNLwVqWE[/ame]

Comment

unless you go parking up by the Clearwater late at night....

I see that as a kind of community service, cutting out the middle man completely. No garda resources wasted, no dragging through the courts, no contributing to overcrowding in the prison system.

hmmm, maybe we could hire some of the guys at minimum wage to continue doing what they're doing. We bring down unemployment benefits as well and add more revenue into the tax net

Comment

But you would agree that it's one of the poorest areas of the city, right? I just took an example off the top of my head. I was born and raised down the road in Whitehall ffs.

Now you're just trolling.
                                                                                                                        nope, I'm trying to get the bottom of your original statement and you're failing to provide an answer. You also got your 10% contention rejected by several posters with no supporting posts.

so tell us; what does 'can't survive' mean?

to me that means 'not surviving', which means.....dying

clear this up for us like a good lad

Comment

get yourself a rich burd imo
                                                                                                                          Alison O'Riordan is single I believe

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X