This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
    Lads any of the Iphone heads out there? Lazare? NewApproach? Finkel?

Got a new 3gs off the birds sister. All she's done with it is register it in her name with Itunes and added a song or two. Is it as simple as a factory reset to wipe her from it completely? Whats the norm when people buy a 2nd hand Iphone.

Cheers for any help.
    Should be able to find everything in the tutorials section here:

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ing8xH3Qj-k[/ame]

Its a sad day when the maddest man in the whole country speaks sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
        prob way too long video of a Prof who finds massive cheating on an exam and calls people out in the middle of the lecture:

University of Central Florida students study for test and get accused of cheating. Somehow a test bank of 700 questions floats around in the class. Student...

SPOILER
        he's clearly bluffing about the forensic evidence, but suppose fair play on him for trying. but lol at the 'i only need a few more days to be 100% sure of the people who cheated'. Absolutely impossible.
        I want my 15mins back! You said he called people out, I wanted names, tears, "you can't do this to me!"s. That was as tame a rant as I've ever seen.

Lol at someone who complains that a class has researched past exam papers / published "suggested" exam questions though!

Comment

Does anyone or can anyone give me an idiots guide to using a proxy to access a UK only site? I'm trying to buy content for a Kindle from the .co.uk site

Comment

We were told to watch this in class today, and it popped up on that Jim Corr thread on Boards.ie too.

Pretty much a Horror film based on whats going on in Ireland today! Scary shit.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKRKZqdgBXg[/ame]
            continued
            SPOILER
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux-M2k5xRBo[/ame]
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llIJjPefDik[/ame]
            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vuw4RVzh8Q0[/ame]
            Last edited by Emmet; 24-11-10, 00:58.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
              I want my 15mins back! You said he called people out, I wanted names, tears, "you can't do this to me!"s. That was as tame a rant as I've ever seen.

Lol at someone who complains that a class has researched past exam papers / published "suggested" exam questions though!
              you saved me 15mins so thank you
              http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

LOOOL@ the little girls face. Last nights raw btw.
                [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVNorHq88fc[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                  WTF is that gif?

It's a girl having a piss getting a kick up the hole

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                    Does anyone or can anyone give me an idiots guide to using a proxy to access a UK only site? I'm trying to buy content for a Kindle from the .co.uk site
                    BBC iPlayer trick should work.

edit: maybe mention what you are looking to buy and some folks here may find it cheaper, i.e. free.
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                      It's a girl having a piss getting a kick up the hole
                      Thank you Captain Obvious,some context may have made it marginally more bearable.
                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Thank you Captain Obvious,some context may have made it marginally more bearable.
                        Pissing in public vid gone wrong ?

"When old geezers attack public pissers"....tune in next week on Fox !
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                          go to ninjaproxy.com, enter the .co.uk address in the box, and it'll take you to that site, see it if works (not sure where ninja is based from)

If it fails, go to www.daveproxy.co.uk or www.proxysite.co.uk/
                          I listed ninja first as its a site I used, and it worked fine, but that wasn't for a kindle

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                            prob way too long video of a Prof who finds massive cheating on an exam and calls people out in the middle of the lecture:

University of Central Florida students study for test and get accused of cheating. Somehow a test bank of 700 questions floats around in the class. Student...
                            [ ] Guy understands what forensic means.

Though to be fair most people don't seem to understand it. Due to cop shows and films shortening the term "forensic science / scientists" to "forensics" people seem to to think that forensic means sifting through stuff. It doesn't, that's the science part.

Forensic means legal, it comes from the word forum. A forensic scientist is a scientist who works in relation to the law. A forensic psychologist is someone who works in relation to criminals, usually prisoners.

This post is proudly sponsored by Kayroo.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

Damn you for mentioning the arcade in here.

But speaking of Kayroo I did take his Tetris high score.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post

The arcade thing reminds me of some profound graffiti I read on a toilet cubicle wall at around the time of the IRA ceasefire in the early 90s. It was along the lines of - it has become clear that the war in the North would not be won by the side which could inflict the most damage, but by the side which could endure the most suffering.

That's pretty much how I feel about the arcade games.

Comment

Though to be fair most people don't seem to understand it. Due to cop shows and films shortening the term "forensic science / scientists" to "forensics" people seem to to think that forensic means sifting through stuff. It doesn't, that's the science part.

Forensic means legal, it comes from the word forum. A forensic scientist is a scientist who works in relation to the law. A forensic psychologist is someone who works in relation to criminals, usually prisoners.

huhu huhu huhu He said foreskin.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post

Odd that in a forum full of poker players there's no high score for the poker game.

Comment

Odd that in a forum full of poker players there's no high score for the poker game.
                                      No one here really plays poker anymore.
                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

The arcade thing reminds me of some profound graffiti I read on a toilet cubicle wall at around the time of the IRA ceasefire in the early 90s. It was along the lines of - it has become clear that the war in the North would not be won by the side which could inflict the most damage, but by the side which could endure the most suffering.

That's pretty much how I feel about the arcade games.
                                        Are you high?

Comment

Are you high?
                                          Sounds like Ketamine. He's in the hole... Need to get out of there hotspur! Listen to Curtis Mayfield again....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z66wVo7uNw[/ame]

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG6T9sKarFQ[/ame]
                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Hegzy View Post
                                              LOOOL@ the little girls face. Last nights raw btw.
                                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVNorHq88fc
                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Ugh, 85BN, probably at rates we cannot afford.

Comment

I was talking to a girl before, she didn't like her science (some sort of biology) degree and wanted to switch to anthropology. Fair enough, your call. Out of curiosity why anthropology? "I'd love to work in a crime lab with bones and old remains and stuff" "hmm, like the TV show bones yeah?"
                                                  I tried to explain that anthropology is a totally different area, and her biology degree is much closer to "forensic anthropology", anatomy being closer still. She looked at me like I was mad.

Comment

Jim loving all this

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ing8xH3Qj-k[/ame]

Opr

Comment

ffs HU in a donkament, deal was done 4 handed and we're just playing for 2k, A9 loses to A8, then the remainder gone with A2 losing to KQ
                                                      dfsgjhgsdgg

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                        Thanks, I have now seen the error of my ways due to your wonderful informative postings.

Opr
                                                        Well now in fairness, there is no need to argue the inclusion of Beckham ahead of McManaman. That is utterly ridiculous! McManaman was a very good player, Beckham is one of the greatest players of his generation.

Trying to find some stats for you if thats what you really need lol. But I would be pretty damn sure beckham has a better goals and assists to games ratio than mcmanaman.

I can't think of any part of McManaman's game that set him apart from anyone else in the world, but when you think of Beckham, you think of his crossing, freekicks, passing range, dedication, etc

Comment

Can't wait for Saturday tbh

StereoSonic - LINK to line up

Tiesto
                                                          Calvin Harris
                                                          Robyn
                                                          Major Lazer
                                                          Sebastian Ingrosso
                                                          Benny Benassi
                                                          Wiley
                                                          Ricardo Villalobos
                                                          Infected Mushroom
                                                          ...plus many more

Comment

Any one here care to discuss if our money is safe in BOI. I know there's a government guarantee extended to next year but with the bail out, how easily can that be turned around?

I really am clueless when it comes to this type of topic...

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                              Well now in fairness, there is no need to argue the inclusion of Beckham ahead of McManaman. That is utterly ridiculous! McManaman was a very good player, Beckham is one of the greatest players of his generation.

Trying to find some stats for you if thats what you really need lol. But I would be pretty damn sure beckham has a better goals and assists to games ratio than mcmanaman.

I can't think of any part of McManaman's game that set him apart from anyone else in the world, but when you think of Beckham, you think of his crossing, freekicks, passing range, dedication, etc
                                                              Beckham

265 Games, 237 starts, 62 goals & 152 assists

McManaman

275 Games, 257 starts, 41 goals & 112 assists

you could argue that McManaman suffered from playing in a poorer team during his PL stint I suppose. I still prefer Beckham though.
                                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFjI7gT1FvI&feature=player_embedded[/ame]
                                                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

We can't agree if ballet girl or blue dress girl is hoter, yet we want to try and get concensus on the best UK/Irish premiership 11. FML.

Lol at the two boys being sent off last night. didn't see any football as I just got hooked on the West Wing (cheers RD 8 episodes in two nights). Checked the teletext and saw the two sent off late in a match they have won and I'm thinking "Mourinho will go fucking ballistic with them". LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                    I'm in good form. I think Glyn is too.
                                                                    I am! I just find this stuff fascinating and unfortunately if it comes across as depressing, well that's because it is.

you can always just ignore my posts anyway (presume there is an 'Ignore Poster' function on this site?)
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                      Can't believe no party has suggested just defaulting though. Surely the option? Surely we don't want to borrow at 5%? And surely because it would be so bad for the euro if we do default, and we prefer defaulting to 5% loans, then we have the stick? So how are we paying 5%? We should be able to get away with the absolute minimum interest as a payment for not defaulting and spreading the contagion.
                                                                      lots of high-profile people openly talking about this now

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                                                        Any one here care to discuss if our money is safe in BOI. I know there's a government guarantee extended to next year but with the bail out, how easily can that be turned around?

it depends what you think of the credibility of the government

Put it this way, BoI has suffered large-scale retail deposit loss over the last few months and this is accelerating. Not all of those people are panic-stricken lunatics. Also, uncertainty and market volatility is off the charts at present - nobody really knows with certainty what way this will pan out.

That said, it's your money - make up your own mind. Here's a good link.

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post

That's a very interesting question. The 'Government Guarantee' means something in so much as the government has the capacity to guarantee anything at the moment.

The real question is what happens if the budget doesn't get passed and the IMF / EU cannot thrash out a deal with this country. I'd say a 10-15% probability of this happening in my opinion.

If this does happen then No, I don't the guarantee is worth much because the only way we can deal with bank upcoming maturities is to haricut the debt they owe, which will also haircut the deposits in the banks.

This is a very complicated issue and there are many different potential outcomes. Personally (and this is only my own personal opinion) I would not be happy having any sort of significant deposits in AIB / BOI / Anglo / EBS etc.

IMPORTANT:

The bank senior bonds and deposits are treated equally under Irish banking legislation.
                                                                          i.e. - if there is a haircut on the bonds, there will be one on deposits.

So, like I said .... if "the budget doesn't get passed and the IMF / EU cannot thrash out a deal with this country" - there is no liquidity to repay the debt the banks owe and a haircut becomes a reality.

I don't think this is likely but it's definetely within the realms of possibilities - it's happened in countless countries before.

AND THIS CERTAINLY WON'T HELP

MohameD El-Erian, one of the most astute investors in the world, CEO of Pimco, the largest bond investor in the world, ex head of the Harvard Endowment Fund, ex Deputy Dirctor at the IMF made some 'interesting comments' today ....

"Unless European officials act quickly enough to calm the crisis, Ireland risks a “major bank run,” Pacific Investment Management Co. Co-Chief Investment Officer Mohamed A. El-Erian said today. Allied Irish Banks Plc, the country’s second-largest bank, said Nov. 19 that its deposits dropped by about 13 billion euros -- or 17 percent -- since the start of the year.
                                                                          “The numbers so far have shown that the Irish banking system has been bleeding deposits,” El-Erian said in a Bloomberg Radio interview on “Bloomberg Surveillance” with Tom Keene. “It will seriously undermine the prosperity of this country for a generation.”

Last edited by pocketdooz; 24-11-10, 09:34.
                                                                          No Sig To See Here

Comment

Originally posted by pocketdooz View Post
                                                                            The bank senior bonds and deposits are treated equally under Irish banking legislation.
                                                                            i.e. - if there is a haircut on the bonds, there will be one on deposits.
                                                                            which is why we need bank resolution legislation, like, yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                              World beaters.
                                                                              Of the future, I agree.

Comment

Never mind, figured it out.
                                                                                Last edited by Wreck; 24-11-10, 12:28.
                                                                                "I believe the target of anything in life should be to do it so well that it becomes art. You read a book and the writer touches something in you that you would not have brought out of yourself. He makes you discover something interesting in your life. If you are living like an animal, what is the point? What makes the day interesting is that we try to transform it into something that is close to art." - Arsene Wenger

Comment

more confirmation of the ongoing bank run, Anglo this time

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                    We can't agree if ballet girl or blue dress girl is hoter, yet we want to try and get concensus on the best UK/Irish premiership 11. FML.

Lol at the two boys being sent off last night. didn't see any football as I just got hooked on the West Wing (cheers RD 8 episodes in two nights). Checked the teletext and saw the two sent off late in a match they have won and I'm thinking "Mourinho will go fucking ballistic with them". LOL.
                                                                                    unless I'm mistaken, all 5 officials were Scotsmen lol. I wonder if this will help their cause this weekend.

Comment

Link to ballet girl please?

Is there a reason they deliberately got themselves carded?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

I presume to miss the next meaningless match and go back to 0 yellow cards for the knockout phase.

Will have a look for ballet girl. Theresa prob has a few pics saved on his pc

Comment

What I find worrying about our current situation is the lack of understanding by most people of how bad things really are.

It’s easy to say I’m sick of all this doom and gloom and to be numbed by it all and tell Raoul to cheer up and post something cheerful but really we are in a very bad spot.

I know statements like “we’re totally fucked” sound panicky but it really is an accurate description.

Just look at the figures. We’re on our way to owing somewhere in the region of €180 to €200 billion. It is likely that we will have to borrow this at around 5%. That’s interest repayments of €9/€10 billion alone each year. With an intake of around €30 billion we simply cannot afford to pay 1/3 of that in interest payments alone.

People have to wake up and realise that all this doom and gloom talk is going to severally affect their every day lives and that of their children and likely their children’s children as well.

Today with the 4 year plan people will see some of the immediate impact and it will finally dawn on them that all this economic talk does have very real effects on their every day lives.

I’d love to be able to put in a ‘but’ here but I really don’t have one. My best case scenario is that it will be a slow gradual decline as Raoul mentions and not a sharp shock, although personally I think people will be saying in the next few months. “How did things get so bad, so quick”
                                                                                          Last edited by Reaps; 24-11-10, 10:35.
                                                                                          You see Billy it's like this, you either smoke or you get smoked. And you got smoked

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                            Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 24-11-10, 10:38.

Comment

Nikki Whelan

SPOILER

so they'll be available for the knockout stages

Comment

excellent account hijacking, wp Tony^^

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                  excellent account hijacking, wp Tony^^
                                                                                                  Tony is in bed lol! Should that be in spoilers? better go fix before Llyod gets here..

Shit, how do you edit and add spoiler tags? I don't see them or NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Reaps View Post
                                                                                                    What I find worrying about our current situation is the lack of understanding by most people of how bad things really are.

It’s easy to say I’m sick of all this doom and gloom and to be numbed by it all and tell Raoul to cheer up and post something cheerful but really we are in a very bad spot.

I know statements like “we’re totally fucked” sound panicky but it really is an accurate description.

Just look at the figures. We’re on our way to owing somewhere in the region of €180 to €200 billion. It is likely that we will have to borrow this at around 5%. That’s interest repayments of €9/€10 billion alone each year. With an intake of around €30 billion we simply cannot afford to pay 1/3 of that in interest payments alone.

People have to wake up and realise that all this doom and gloom talk is going to severally affect their every day lives and that of their children and likely their children’s children as well.

Today with the 4 year plan people will see some of the immediate impact and it will finally dawn on them that all this economic talk does have very real effects on their every day lives.

I’d love to be able to put in a ‘but’ here but I really don’t have one. My best case scenario is that it will be a slow gradual decline as Raoul mentions and not a sharp shock, although personally I think people will be saying in the next few months. “How did we things get so bad, so quick”
                                                                                                    good post Reaps

of course awareness of the situation is no good without taking appropriate risk management positions

Comment

Don't forget the spoiler tags Gill

Also, that picture - while awesome - is very shopped no?

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                                                                                        unless I'm mistaken, all 5 officials were Scotsmen lol. I wonder if this will help their cause this weekend.
                                                                                                        I can talk at lenght and ad nauseum about the ineptitude of scottish referees. Did you know that in a refs training camp last February, out of the 31 class 1 referees in the SFA only 5 passed a test on the laws of the game? Pass was 80% the lowest mark was 50 and the highest fail was 70%.
                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                          Tony is in bed lol! Should that be in spoilers? better go fix before Llyod gets here..
                                                                                                          you're fooling no-one Flushdraw

the Mrs will kick your arse imo

Comment

Ballet Girl

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...ostcount=52985

These are shit compared to MrsFD's pic above.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                                              so they'll be available for the knockout stages
                                                                                                              Yeah that's what I thought alright but people seemed to be making a big deal of it...

Comment

Don't forget the spoiler tags Gill

Also, that picture - while awesome - is very shopped no?
                                                                                                                Help me sort it lol! Flushdraw would know how to Stunty lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  Help me sort it lol! Flushdraw would know how to Stunty lol
                                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                                  Edit post > go advanced > highlight URL > click the "nsfw" or "spoiler" button on the top right...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    you're fooling no-one Flushdraw

the Mrs will kick your arse imo
                                                                                                                    I remembered her name was Nikki Whelan and decided to help. Tony just knows her as Ballet Girl lol

Comment

Yeah that's what I thought alright but people seemed to be making a big deal of it...
                                                                                                                      well it is unsporting and I think UEFA should look at it.

They purposely got themselves sent out so that they would miss the dead rubber game in the group stages, they then play the first leg of the second round and if they get booked they aren't suspended for the second leg. Similarly if they were to get booked in the second leg they wouldn't be suspended for the QF.

It may not be against the rules of the game, but it's definitely against the spirit of it.

Comment

S&P's take on Ireland

it's quite a technical read but worth struggling through imo

I don't have a vast amount of time for the ratings agencies in general but it's hard to disagree with much of this

Comment

@Raoul

Posted earlier, but I started the West Wing on your recommendation two nights ago. Brilliant stuff. The writing is excellent. 8 eps watched already. Should be done by xmas at this stage.

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X